LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Rage, Anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rage, Anyone?
Lulubec
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there,

I'm new here.

I have late stage neurological Lyme. Probably got it 12 years ago. I was treated for Lyme for two months, then Babesiosis. Now the "babe" reads clear on tests, and I'm in my third month of Lyme antibiotics.

I am raging like crazy. It feels like I'm totally out of control.

Anyone out there with similar symptoms? Any suggestions? Right now I'm doing rage counseling and trying to breathe deep and save my marriage.

Would love to hear from others.

Thank you.

Lulubec

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caat
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, are you offering some? Thanks, but I had enough of my own...

I didn't show much rage but felt a lot of rage. Mostly didn't show it because I avoided people.

It took me about 5 months of tx on high doses of doxy before it went away for the most part. Started getting better about 2 or 3 months into tx.

That sounds like a long time, but it does usually get better.

I found the best things to do were to walk away when I got mad, and to develop a very dark (not mean) sense of humor.

Posts: 1436 | From Humboldt county ca usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry, you are not alone on this Lulubec!

Rage and anger come from feeling both desperate and frustrated. It is very common to feel all these things and express them.

I learned that keeping a journal and writing down my private thoughts helped me channel some of this rage onto a piece of paper and not onto my loved ones.

And as soon as I realized how lucky I was to be alive I made a point to give thanks to those who helped me. I handed out handwritten notes to doctors, nurses, family and friends. I made a poster with large print that read, I AM BLESSED.

I had to remind myself over and over that each and every breathe I took were a blessing from God and I was determined to make the best to enjoy my time on Earth! I know it seems over the top but it helped me.

And I made it a point to tell those around me a story of a woman I had talked to, so they could understand how BAD I was feeling. This woman went through Lyme Disease in her 20's and was then a Breast Cancer survivor in her 40's. She's now in her 60's and told me that her Lyme days were much tougher to handle than BREAST CANCER! Sometimes people around us don't realize how tough of a disease Lyme is - so don't be afraid and tell them!

Healing wishes,
Stella

Posts: 712 | From Ottawa, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme_suz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I have had some problems with rage. It was weird because I don't usually show anger,but I went through about 5 days where I was slamming doors and peeling out of the driveway and fussing at the kids.

It came and went which was strange because I would say our stress level over here with 3 lymies has been consistently high.

I think it might be somewhat related to herxing...

Also, I am a fan of antianxiety and antideppresants. The lyme can cause depression and anxiety. And that is on top of being in a situation that is on one hand depressing and on the other hand like a wild rollarcoaster ride.

Some may not need it, but I am for getting any help that is available by the grace of God. My husband and kids have some idea, but not fully of what I could be like....
Peace,
Suz

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymelady   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think neuro lyme is like being on steroids. I saw a movie about someone who was addicted to steroids and I saw similarities in that behavior and mine since lyme took over my brain.

The worst for me for me is not trusting my reactions anymore. "Is that person a jerk or am I a hyper-rage filled lymie????"

I stay away as well from people and explain to everyone in close contact with me exactly what is going on. I am very careful to tell people whom I am close to, why and when my reactions might seem inappropriate.

HOWEVER, what do you do about so-called friends who know everything about your problems, I mean everything and have watched you suffer and then still don't get it?? I could tolerate these people before I was sick, I simply cannot do it now.

Any ideas?
Lymelady

Posts: 484 | From Fredericksburg, Va USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOEJR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOEJR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi LuLu,

Lyme rage is common in people with the neurological form of lyme. Even people who never have had a "mean bone" in their body will express it.

I believe it's due to chemical imbalance due to either demylination or some unknown process...IMHO

Regards,

Julia

Posts: 641 | From NJ, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement