LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » sitting in the MD's office today I heard...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sitting in the MD's office today I heard...
livinlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
someone saying that a young spry energetic guy just in his teens who was into athletics was complaining of joint pains and had a high cpr and was consulting with a senior MD on the phone as to what to do .. stating that he really thought it was rheumatoid but why was the crp high and what should he do next.. I was sitting there thinking to myself I should hear maybe something about ordering a WB or a ELISA but instead I heard him mention ANA...

I saw the guy shortly after and what struck me as this guy was so lean and tall I would think they might have mentioned Marfans syndrome... but no .. and not even a blurb of Lyme Disease ...

I remember when my son was thought to have Marfan's Syndrome and likely this condition also would fall into the category of probably underlying cause : Lyme Disease..

well sure enough the treatment for LD has halted his heart progression.. so My concerns are less and less that he will die before his fathers early age of 42... and his paternal grandfathers age of 36... but I know why he has issues and I thank heaven for you all here .. because if it had not been for this group we may have been caught up in the vicious cycle of all these other possible illnesses which give no room for improvement ..

just treatments which ultimately kill the person after a period of time with a slow progression towards death..
thank you all again for giving us a longer more prosperous life..

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
breaking this up for easier reading for us neuro lymies...

quote:
Originally posted by livinlyme:

someone saying that a young spry energetic guy just in his teens, who was into athletics was complaining of joint pains and had a high cpr, and was consulting with a senior MD on the phone as to what to do ..

stating that he really thought it was rheumatoid but why was the crp high and what should he do next..

I was sitting there thinking to myself I should hear maybe something about ordering a WB or a ELISA but instead I heard him mention ANA...

I saw the guy shortly after and what struck me as this guy was so lean and tall, I would think they might have mentioned Marfans syndrome... but no .. and not even a blurb of Lyme Disease ...

I remember when my son was thought to have Marfan's Syndrome and likely this condition also would fall into the category of probably underlying cause : Lyme Disease..

well sure enough the treatment for LD has halted his heart progression..

so My concerns are less and less that he will die before his fathers early age of 42... and his paternal grandfathers age of 36... but I know why he has issues

and I thank heaven for you all here .. because if it had not been for this group we may have been caught up in the vicious cycle of all these other possible illnesses which give no room for improvement ..

just treatments which ultimately kill the person after a period of time with a slow progression towards death..

thank you all again for giving us a longer more prosperous life..

Isn't it great you are able to share what your learned HERE with others going walking in your shoes? That's how I feel about it.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement