LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Holding My Breath (Herbs seem to be working)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Holding My Breath (Herbs seem to be working)
robi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5547

Icon 7 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know many have experienced the feeling like you are getting better and then being slammed right back down again. I am in fear of that.

I have been on the full core Buhner protocol for about a week (4xday/4 tabs of each - andrographis,resveratrol,cat's claw. I worked my way up to this level but quicker thanis suggested in the book.

I also take Lypospheric Vitamin C, armor thyroid, provigil. I have been very lax in my supplements and need to get going on those again as well.

I feel pretty damn good though. 4 day flare around my menses instead of 10 days down! Low pain, medium energy, less fog.

Could this be for real? Can it last?
Give it to me straight .......... your experience?

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yippee!!!

[woohoo]

And maybe it's partly that wicked Russian brew bubbling away on the counter?

[Wink]

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A pal of mine is just in the beginnings of the Buhner protocol and improving tremendously, after quite a while on antibiotics - now herbs only.

Keep up the good work and please keep us posted. If I keep hearing good reports about the protocol, I will definitely consider it for my future.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah! the Kefir. I drink it daily in my protein shakes. Itis great!!! I ave been off all dairy (except when Tin Cup forces me to eat ice cream) for a long time but the kefir seems to be ok for me.

Thanks to Michelle, I am a kefir-ite now. [lick]

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I'm so jealous -- I never could think of a single reason to use that little tongue-smacking icon before.

I was kinda hopin someone would think you were makin some moonshine or something..! [Big Grin]

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long have you had lyme? What ABX have you tryed and for how long?
Did you test pos. for lyme.
What are/were your symptoms.
I'd like to know how you make out!
Al

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Al:
How long have you had lyme?

I was bitten in Nov 2003 and diagnised in April 2004.

What ABX have you tryed and for how long?

I have done many ABX...minocycline, tinidazole,biaxin, ketek,vancocin (oral), Valtrax (anti-fungal), amoxicillin, mepron,artemisinin, plaquenil, diflucan (anti-fungal), doxy, Magnesium injections, I am sure there are more ... just can't remember them all. I was on ABX almost continously for 27 months. I was not sympotm free when I stopped. I was just too toxic and needed a break. Once I got off, I did not want to resume...... this could be a mistake on my part. Time will tell.

Did you test pos. for lyme.

I had specific lyme bands, a known bite and infection at the site of the bite. Also had Bell's palsy. Very healthy prior to bite. Not CDC positive, but undoubtedly Lyme.

What are/were your symptoms.

Many neuro symotoms nerve problems.Muscle pain, crushing fatique, mood swings, neuropathy, a lot od pain, buzzing, shocks, eye flashes, thyroid imbalance, etc, I had many symptoms. Bad case of neuro ..... bite was to the head.

I'd like to know how you make out!

Well I haven't done too much of that ......... been too sick .......... oops..... just kidding..... I don't think that is waht you meant.

I will keep the board posted on my progress.

But please know that you NEED an LLMD to help with this process. We are all very different.

robi

PS I am not claiming cure/remission here .......... just that I feel better than I have in a while. This is very, very new and I am waitig and seeing with watchful eye and hopeful heart.

--------------------

trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WooHoo, yay, Robi!

So, so glad to hear good news. Yay, keep up the good work and keep us posted. I'm so pleased you have had some better than usual days. You sure do deserve them.

much love and continued progress,
true

(hehehehe still giggling about the making out [lol] )

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Hey TB .....glad you got that ...... was afriad I was being way to cryptic ........ but then you know me.

Now go to bed! It's late!

robi

--------------------

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's so nice to hear. Best wishes.
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea!!!!!

Robi, so good to hear. I'm sure you will probably still have some ups and downs but hopefully, like I have experienced, your downs will be less severe and your ups will get stronger and longer.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ConnieMc
Member # 191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConnieMc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoaaaa gal! So glad to hear that. I have all herbs needed for this protocol and think I will go ahead and start this.

I forgot, do you have any coinfections? I have Babs and I know this protocol calls for Artemisinin.

Keep us all posted on how it goes...

Good for you!

Connie

Posts: 2275 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet pea
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robi,

I'm glad you feel like the herbs are working.

I was on multiple pharmaceuticals for Lyme, Babesia and Bartonella for 1-1/2 years. Had only a little bit of improvement, so decided to try something new. Have been on Buhner's protocol for about 6 months now. I am definitely better, except for irritability issues. I have noticed, however, that when I go for a few days without taking any herbs, that I have a minor relapse. But it only lasts a day or two. I also had my pressure/burning headache during the rainy period in May and June.

I'm going to keep going with the herbs, my LLMD told me to give it a whole year.

Connie, I've posted this before, but I thought I'd bring up boneset tea (part of Buhner's babesia and bartonella protocol). I drank it for 4 weeks straight, and felt an improvement. Now I drink it when I am on the 3 days of artemisinin.

P

Posts: 449 | From Vermont | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Dear one,

Just wanted to throw in a quick...YIPPEE!

Much love,
M

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is great news. Does Buhner say 3 days on artemisinin? I don't recall that.

I was going to post a thread asking how many are taking it and for how long. The book's been out a while now.

This inspires me to follow up with the naturopath in Mystic CT who was going to try his protocol on some of her patients. That was last fall. She should know by now how good it is. I will post here when I find out.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey girl. Great news.

How do you get on with sleep and Provogil? I read up on Provogil, and hyperinsomnia seems to be a side effect for some.

--------------------

RECIDITE, PLEBES! Gero rem imperialem!
(Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business.)

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its very good news. Remember, after being on abx so long, you tend to feel the abx rather than the lyme.

I was on abx for a long arse time, and when I quit, all my symptoms went away. It seemed it wasnt the lyme as much as it was just the abx. ( and it was no herx ) [Smile]

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alias24
Member # 9365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alias24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on Buhner's protocol since the end of March and have been having more good days than bad. The symptoms come back at times but seem to be less severe when they come. I do remember the fatigue and tiredness coming back really strong one weekend for a few days but then it went away again. My muscle tone and strength has yet to return.

You can see the results of my first LLMD visit that I posted just yesterday with more details.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=046139

Posts: 59 | From Indiana | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRWagner
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robi...as a past user of MANY protocols I must ask this question: How long have you been on Provigil?

Reason for my question is that Provigil alone can make one feel better, more alert, etc. After all, the drug is used for Narcolepsy.

That said, try to eliminate Provigil (it CAN be habit forming) and see what happens. This drug in no way fights infections... it just provides symptomatic relief, so you will not interfere with the protocol.

(I take Provigil from time to time...yes I feel worse without it...a scary thought).

The problem when one takes so many meds, herbs, extracts, etc., is that one never knows which "meds" work.

I DO hope this protocol works for you. Has anyone else had success with this method?

Peace, love and wellness,
JRW

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JRWagner:

I DO hope this protocol works for you. Has anyone else had success with this method?

Peace, love and wellness,
JRW

OF COURSE! LOTS.
Jim [Cool]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
secondtimearound
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for secondtimearound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you are feeling better but I know what you mean about hoping it lasts. This disease scares you even when you feel good. I've been feeling good for months now and it still scares the crap out of me!

Loved the making out line, that was pretty funny. I hope you continue to see improvement.

All My Best,
Scott

--------------------
BTW - I am NOT a medical professional - just speaking from MY own personal experience.

Posts: 266 | From Philadelphia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for sharing your progress.

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WTG on your progress!! Thanks for sharing. [Wink]
Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[woohoo]

Great news Robi!! Anythings possible. I hope it sticks and you can continue to feel better [Smile]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go!!! Keep it up

Herbs are working for me too!

It is up and down - but I know i am getting better

mags

Posts: 259 | From California | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news Robi, thanks for sharing your experience.

Buhner's protocol is powerful stuff. I believe all the andrographis, resveratrol & cats claw are helping me too, but am also taking abx.

Hope you continue to feel better & better! [Smile]

PS: whoops, did not realize this post was from last july -- but what I said still stands, I hope that you keep feeling better & better! VL

[ 05. January 2007, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Vermont_Lymie ]

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm... You guys know this post is from last July, right?

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Well .......... I have not been great for the past few months. Thanks for the congratulations but as TB pointed out this is an old post. (Thanks, buddy)

The herbs worked for about 3 months ......... but I slowly slipped and and slipping further. I need to reevaluate.

I will say though that they allowed me to Be off abx for a while which is good. Also, I never went beyond the core protocol. Those that know me know I lead a healthy lifestyle except for when Tin Cup forces me to eat ice cream (sometines times she makes me eat an entire quart of Blue Bunny oreo).

I am not giving up on herbs or saying they don't work ........ I just think I need to add more herbs, treat co-infections again, and perhaps do some ABX pulsing.

I would encourage others to try herbs. I do not want to say they are not good or helpful. I don't believe we can live on ABX forever, but they do have a role.

Also, I should mention that I was not totally symptom free when I quit ABX after 18 months. I have now been off ABX for 9 months.

Be well ........... all ya'll are great!!!

robi

--------------------

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks very much for the update, Robi. The feedback from people like you help the rest of use make decisions about our own treatment choices.

Much appreciated.

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi Robi

I am so sorry I did not check the date on your post & didn't realize it was an older post.

combining the herb & pusling some abx sounds like a good plan. Have you tried garlic?

I have been doing rife for the last 7 months & seems to be holding my progress-although its a little soon to tell.

I hope you can find something that works for you

and you can feel better soon

hang in there & never loose hope [group hug]

Blessings,
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By all means, Robi, go to MORE herbs. I never was on just the "core" protocol. THAT is just a small part of what I take.

There are others Iwould not want to be without.

Jim [Cool]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
robi,

Another member here , efsd25 ( Ernie) , had symtoms that would return after stopping the ABX. Upon the advice ( and successful experience ) of another lyme person who got well, he began using a rife machine .

He has had success with rife, is no longer on ABX , and living a normal life. I beleive he
used herbs with rife .
You might want to read his posts, as they are very encouraging .

It seems those who get well here develop an arsenal of tools and have ups and downs, but
are able to eventually see big progress .

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement