LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mangosteen juice is helping!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Mangosteen juice is helping!!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of symptom, Kayda?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aiden424:

From what I've read the capsules have the whole fruit, not just the fruit puree.

Has anyone here tried the capsules?

I tried the capsules, which included the pericarp, or rind, which is high in the active ingredients.

I developed kidney pain, and stopped taking it.
Mangosteen is a potent antioxidant.

When I took Resveratrol, I developed kidney pain.
Resveratrol is also a potent antioxidant.

Hmm, can't figure out what is going on there.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recommend the product and I have no financial interest in it. Many of the folks that recommend it have no financial ties either but there are a few.

If one is curious just ask. There is no scam going on here. Just sharing of information and sincere attempts to help one another. Yes, do your research and make informed decisions with your doc's approval.

This is a good product that we in the lyme community need to know about because it really helps with inflammation. Lyme disease is known to cause chronic inflammation.

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just wondering why it can't be sold in a store? Can someone explain please?

It seems if would benefit the maker of this product financially if it was readily available to the public.

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stella:

I believe it will be available in stores some day. Often, a company will sign up people to be distributors as their initial marketing scheme. It is a way to get the product into the marketplace while still making a decent profit.

I signed on as a distributor to be able to get it at a better price. One perk is that when family members order from me I am able to recoup some of my investment to help pay for my personal supply.

I don't really gain financially but, it does help with the high cost of the product. And, it really helps the company to expand their market without the enormous expense of ditribution to retail stores. My best guess is that it will eventually be in stores as the popularity expands. Hence, we, the distributors are furthering that along.

I hope this makes some sense. I signed on because My family and I really like the stuff. It helps with inflammation and digestion for me. And, it tastes pretty darn good. (AM not trying to sell it here).

Bc

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just ordered a case of xango off amazon for 130 (includes shipping)
unfortunately i think a lot of us feel sooooooo bad we are willing to try a lot of things we normally wouldnt.

for me its only money, and if it helps, its worth so much more than $$. if it helped one person, than there is a chance it can help others.

does anyone know if this is similar to noni juice?

i will be sure to keep everyone in the loop about the juice.

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could someone PM me with the buying info too?

Does it taste okay or not that pleasant and is it acid or alkaline?

Thank you,

Vanilla

I wish they sold the whole fruit here. I use to eat them every day when I was in Bali. It is one of my favorite fruits. Of course I was not eating the rind but the fruit was tasty.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mommy*of*3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mommy*of*3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its probably not offered in a store because smart companies are now realizing that consumer-consumer marketing grows business faster, more effectively, and is more beneficial than using advertising and store sales. When a good company does this with a good product, you will never find it in a store. Unethical company or not-so-good product, then they may eventually transfer it to a store.

Now off to PM someone to find out more about the Xango.

Posts: 101 | From USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mommy*of*3:
Its probably not offered in a store because smart companies are now realizing that consumer-consumer marketing grows business faster, more effectively, and is more beneficial than using advertising and store sales. When a good company does this with a good product, you will never find it in a store.

Absoulutely correct! Beachcomber pretty well summed it up also....but I tend to agree that it will never be sold in stores. Xango LLC has a commitment to its distributors.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla:

You're right. The rind is nasty! That's the beauty of this product. They found a way to make it taste delicious.

We owe that accomplishment to Wild Flavors, who developed the product and partnered with Xango.

They do the flavorings for Nestle, Sobe, Capri Sun, Red Bull, and Kraft to name a few.

Xango is now their #1 product in only 4 1/2 yrs!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by djf2005:

does anyone know if this is similar to noni juice?

We call Xango "Noni times a hundred!" [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the topic here that never quits...

Yes, Searching, it is still helping everything -- my eyes, intestinal health, gums and probably more I don't even know about. I drink the Ultra mangosteen with the 70 minerals and vitamins added. I order it online from vitacost.

Lyme ED -- I asked my doctor about it and he knew nothing. I spoke with Dr. John Edwards, who works with Xango and he's all for it and puts his patients on it. He has seen cancer, etc go down.

I too have wondered if the pills work. I've not tried it myself. So far, no one has seen any benefit? One advantage: no sugar.

Ok, yours truly finally got a bottle of the Xango to try, at the health Expo we just had last weekend.

This is what I've noticed so far, from sampling it for a couple days: it has given me a headache, so I wonder whether I've really got to drink tons of water with it? And whether this is a detox. So I'm just trying the tiniest little amount now at a time.

And second, I noticed it sharpens my vision even more.

Lipoma question -- yes, I've been told lipomas can go with Lyme. You know, in the very beginning of drinking the mangosteen juice, some lipomas in my calves softened a bit. But then that stopped. Also, the major one in my thigh never did soften.
Since lipomas grow, my vote is to have a lipoma removed when it is smaller rather than larger.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Robin.... My first three days on Xango produced a nice hefty headache. I hung in there with it and it went away. After that it was smooth sailing.

Toxin clearing for sure!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Kayda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kayda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
What kind of symptom, Kayda?

Something weird happened with my stomach. It was an odd churning sort of feeling. I also got a weird feeling in my head. It wasn't a headache, but just sort of different like something was going on. Nothing else was different. Perhaps if I'd taken more, I would have gotten the headache you spoke of.

An interesting thing happened today. I was at the health food store to get some Primal Defense (this works well for me against yeast) and the manager was giving samples of Mangosteen juice. It was the store brand. He said it contained 40% reconstituted juice. He also said it did not have added water. It was juice from the whole fruit including the rind. Well, my kids and i tasted it. I thought it tasted a lot like agave nectar, but not as sweet. My kids didn't like it, though. It also had elderberry juice in it and that is what they didn't like.

I noticed I had a lot more energy this afternoon compared to yesterday. Could mangosteen work this quickly? Maybe it was just a coincidence. But, if it was the mangosteen, that gave me this extra energy, then it would definitely be worth it!

I didn't buy it because my kids didn't like the taste. Is Xango 100% juice? or is it 40% like this brand is?

Kayda

Posts: 582 | From midwest | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
???????????????

Well it sounds really good but I am still wondering if it is acid or alkaline and come to think of it when I was eating mangosteens every day I was feeling rather healthy and was boogie boarding every day.

?????????????

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, thx for clueing me in on the detox effect. I figured as much...

Kayda -- yes, it works quickly. The first time I tried it, it was within that same hour that my eye pain and blurry focus diminished. The second hour, my sinuses ran. 24 hours later, no more dark glasses.

Vanilla -- I would think it's alkalinizing since it's anti-inflam and an anti-oxidant. Also, where were you when you were eating mangosteen fruit every day?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Member # 5320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vanilla:

I had systemic Candida. It was nasty. I thought the juice would make it worse. I test my PH most days. Since drinking the juice my PH is much more alkaline. Not sure if this is a coincidence.

Bc

Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've struggled with candida yeast for years. It has helped with my candida tremendously.

I still have to watch my sugar intake but at least now my stomach feels like it is healing.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CatWoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CatWoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know where I can get Xango in Canada?
Posts: 255 | From where we don't have Lyme disease | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kayda, I agree with Robin that it sometimes works very quickly.

I think the ph is in the 7. range ... it helps acid reflux, so it's pretty alkaline.

Xango is roughly 80% mangosteen. The other juices are added for TASTE.

Believe me, your kids will like Xango.

Xango is the only mangosteen product that is made from the WHOLE FRUIT PUREE. Read the labels carefully. This makes a big difference.

No extracts.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

NorthernLyme1
Member # 8992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernLyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried Mangosteen 100 and how does it rate vs Xango? Mangosteen 100 is produced by Genesis Today of Austin, TX and I found a 32 ounce bottle in a local health food store for $35.

http://www.genesistoday.com/genesis_today_products/mangosteen_100.html

The only 100% Pure Wild Harvested Mangosteen juice product on the market that contains the highest levels of Polyphenolic Compounds known as Xanthones

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ingredients Listed on Label:

100% wild harvested Mangosteen juice from Genesis Today's proprietary blend of whole mangosteen fruit, including the thick tough and bitter inner and outer rind (Pericarp) and the snow white fleshy interior (pulp and seeds), providing the highest levels of Polyphenolic compounds known as xanthones.

Information from their website:

"Health Benefits of Xanthone-rich MANGOSTEEN100:

�Supports healthy COX enzyme, prostaglandin and histamine levels, thereby assisting healthy inflammatory processes*�

�Supports healthy human immune system function*�

�Supports youthful cellular regeneration and healthy aging*�

�Supports cardiovascular health, by acting as a free radical scavenger*�

�Extremely high ORAC (oxygen radical absorption capacity) rating, which support cells and their components from damage by oxygen radicals (free radicals), according to studies of animal and human blood*�

Competitive Benefits of MANGOSTEEN100:

�Unfortunately, many manufacturers and marketers of Mangosteen products add water, fruit juices, sweeteners, juice concentrates, chemical preservatives and other unwanted and unnecessary ingredients.

This is done to lower costs, improve flavor, and increase sweetness and to speed production runs. Genesis Today is proud to offer the world's first and only 100% pure, Mangosteen product.

This product is 100% pure, and made the traditional way, just like it was consumed over 1,000 years ago.

�Genesis Today's MANGOSTEEN100 is equal to three to nine bottles (depending upon the brand) of competitive products. We guarantee no brand on the market can match our "Naturally Occurring" Xanthone content ounce for ounce. (As of June 21, 2006).

�MANGOSTEEN100 is made with only 100% wild grown and wild harvested Garcinia Mangostana (Garcina mangostana L.)

*Indicates statements for which we can provide clinical or scientific documentation.

�These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease."

Posts: 59 | From Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Northern -- did you try it? If so, what did you experience? Interesting to read they say no added other juices in their proprietary blend? Also, have you tried other brands for comparison? Thx -- Robin
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes when you break down the cost of using something daily you can find it of benefit but expensive up front. Well worth the daily cost if you eliminate some of your symptoms.

Lymetoo, how much are you taking daily of Xango? Did you start with the recommended dosage?

Thanks, Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ks mom
Member # 11626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ks mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla:

You're right. The rind is nasty! That's the beauty of this product. They found a way to make it taste delicious.

We owe that accomplishment to Wild Flavors, who developed the product and partnered with Xango.

They do the flavorings for Nestle, Sobe, Capri Sun, Red Bull, and Kraft to name a few.

Xango is now their #1 product in only 4 1/2 yrs!!

Ugg...I was fine until I read the flavorings part.

is there a juice out there that DOESNT have ADDITIVES?

ks mom

Posts: 94 | From Wichita KS | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister tried xango and her hands broke out in blisters so she stopped. I think it was a detox issue especially since her genetic testing came back showing a problem with detoxing biotoxins.

All my siblings and mother are sick so I'm very interested in xango as a way to get them started on something that will help. My brother is a brittle diabetic. For some reason, xango drops his blood sugars way too low and he feels horrible from that. Even happens during the night and he has to get up and eat something. This could be dangerous for a diabetic.

We've dropped his dose of xango and insulin but that has not helped and more than anything he feels that his blood sugars are not stable.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

P.S. Some improvements: better sleep, no vomiting since he's been taking it (he used to vomit all the time), reflux is better, cough is better, less depressed, 3 month blood sugar measurement test run by doc office was much better, so much so that they wanted to know what he is doing to cause this improvement. He has more energy and is able to make it through a grocery shopping trip more often now.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only experience I've had with a diabetic taking Xango is a friend of mine who took it for her "Fibromyalgia" noticed her diabetic husband was taking it.

His hands were broken out from the diabetes (I know nothing about diabetes so didn't realize it did that) and after taking Xango, they cleared up. She was tickled and shocked to see him taking his Xango regularly. I think he was taking 2 oz. twice a day.

As soon as his hands cleared up, he stopped taking it. Go figure.

But he never had any issues with blood sugar while taking it. It seemed to help him.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NorthernLyme1
Member # 8992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorthernLyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robin, I have started Mangosteen 100 only yesterday and thus nothing profound to report. However, the product does seem genuine as it has a slightly bitter taste and thus seems to have little sugar relative to some of the Mangosteen products diluted with fruit juices (e.g., MangoSteen Juice Blend: 2 grams sugar in 30 ml or 1 ounce). The latter is the only other mangosteen product tried to date.
Posts: 59 | From Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by map1131:

Lymetoo, how much are you taking daily of Xango? Did you start with the recommended dosage?

I took one ounce a day for the first 2 months. Then when mine became free, I started taking 6 oz a day. AWESOME results!!

That copy cat product above looks like it's a very strange color considering that it's supposed to contain the PURPLE/MAROON color of the RIND.

I still believe in the REAL DEAL.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

db
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for db     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LymeTwo,

I better drink my Xango! Hope you're doing ok!
I know for a fact everyone that the Xango has helped LymeTuTu heal dramatically from multiple symptoms, her energy has returned, she looks 10 years younger, and her smile is back. It's amazing and wonderful to see. I can barely remember what it's like to "really" feel happy but I know she is and what a blessing. May we all get well.

db

Posts: 153 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by NorthernLyme1:
seems to have little sugar relative to some of the Mangosteen products diluted with fruit juices

So how much sugar does it contain??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by ks mom:
Ugg...I was fine until I read the flavorings part.

is there a juice out there that DOESNT have ADDITIVES?

It contains NATURAL flavorings. The natural blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc....not artificial.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by db:
LymeTwo,

I better drink my Xango! Hope you're doing ok!
I know for a fact everyone that the Xango has helped LymeTuTu heal dramatically from multiple symptoms, her energy has returned, she looks 10 years younger, and her smile is back.

HI db!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, db has SEEN the results with her own eyes!! [Smile]
HUGS [group hug]

Call me!! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

CatWoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CatWoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to start the XanGo today!
Posts: 255 | From where we don't have Lyme disease | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You go girl!! Keep us posted!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement