LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Light-headedness, dizzy . . . anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Light-headedness, dizzy . . . anyone?
Getting Better
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Getting Better   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New symptom: just the past few mornings. I figure it is just one of those lyme things that come and go.

But does anyone else have these, or developed them?

They seem to be accompanied with an increased sense of fatigue and malaise, and nausea.

hmmmm another mystery

--------------------
Jeff

Posts: 533 | From CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, each and every single day. Some days worse than others (herxing).

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I had a bout that lasted for 2 weeks. I went to an ENT to make sure there was nothing going on with my hearing, and they of course found nothing.

It could just be a symptom or a sign of neurotoxins. My doctor wanted me to increase Burbur, a detox, when I had my dizziness. I also found glutathione helped.

Nausea is very common with dizziness. Especially if you have vertigo. Vertigo is when the room spins, do you have that?

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueRoo
Member # 10233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueRoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So funny that ya'll are talking about light-headedness and stuff. I was about to post a question regarding all of this. I've been sick for 7 years, but I wasn't diagnosed with Lyme until this past July. I've had ringing in my ears for almost a year, now. It seems to be much worse the longer I'm on my antbx. I won't see my LLMD until January. Do ya'll think I should back off the antbx. when it gets bad or 'push on through'?
Posts: 6 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesucks
Member # 10575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES
I am dizzi, nauseaus, unbalanced every day. its limiting my mobility and sense of well being outside my home tremendously.
Doc suspects MS...who the hell knows.

Posts: 56 | From bayarea | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueRoo
Member # 10233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueRoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really have trouble with nausea, but as soon as I get pregnant it is extreme! My LLMD said it was definitely related to the Lyme. Of course, at the time, I didn't even know what I had.
Posts: 6 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These symptoms were intolerable for me when I was on Minocycline-oddly on the mino I felt the worst I have ever felt in treatment-but I also felt the best for an hour , then the plugged was pulled and I became dysfunctional.

I personally stopped the minocycline in lieu of being able to function at all. Maybe someday when I can totally surrender to treatment I will try again.

LLMD respected my limits and allowed me to back off what I could not tolerate.

Carol B

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonard
Member # 10531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leonard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the headache, back of the neck soreness and the dizzyness everyday. Some worse than others. Today it's very bad. I would not want to get picked up by the police and have to walk the straight line. I'd probably end up in jail with a 0.00% alcohol level
Posts: 43 | From Pella, Iowa | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blueroo,

Can you call your LLMD and ask about backing off? I alwasy suggest getting your LLMD's opinion before making a change.

If you feel you really need to back off, then listen to your body.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had all of this the past couple of months - they are not my typical Lyme symptoms.

It started with the GI stuff - abdominal aches, nausea, then felt like it went up into my sinuses, spaciness, bad headaches, lightheadness, making mistakes when I write, fatigue, needing to sleep more (although still not sleeping well),mild balance issues. Lately it gets worse when I take my vitamins or eat.

So I'm having a test this week for systemic candida. Also testing for leaky gut and a few other things once the test kits arrive.

Got the OK from all doctors involved to try the cholestyramine to start pulling out neurotoxins, because I'm thinking it's either candida or toxins - something has changed, but my medications haven't.

But I'm going to do the testing first before starting cholestyramine - and will start at teeny doses, many people can't tolerate it.

For me, hormonal issues just hit to add to this, or maybe triggered it, but obviously that's not an issue for you, you lucky guy!!

So weird, Jeff, you and I are in the same city, and one of my other local Lyme pals is complaining that she is worse lately.

It always makes me wonder if something environmental is going on, too.

I'll let you know what my test results are once I get through all of it.

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NatalieA
Member # 7714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NatalieA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes- I just posted to Leonard. Worst symptom of mine by far! You should see my "symptoms calendar" from the past year.. Almost every day..DIZZY! Many times I thought I would lose my mind if I had to live like this forever. Lately it has been getting a little better. Maybe treatment is finally working?!
Good luck- I hope it goes away for you.
Natalie

Posts: 87 | From Clarksburg, NJ, Monmouth | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JeffM:

They seem to be accompanied with an increased sense of fatigue and malaise, and nausea.

Are you taking meds for babesia? Sounds like my babs symptoms to a T!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orthostatic hypotension causes dizzyness, nausea, fatigue, malaise etc....

It can be part of lyme, similarly low blood volume can also be part of lyme. See Dr. B's treatment guidlines since he mentions it in there.

Take your blood pressure sitting, then standing. Mine doesn't start acting up until I've been up for 15-20 min. You must stand still and not move around if you want to know if your blood pressure falls since moving around helps to keep the bp up. A tilt table test would tell you more.

I have both the orthostatic hypotension and low blood volume and there have been many discussions here about the orthostatic hypotension since quite a few of us have it. Not saying that is any of your problem but it certainly could be.
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement