LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone get negative results from Igenex? Can I have a show of hands please?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone get negative results from Igenex? Can I have a show of hands please?
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 2 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby & I were told by a quasi-LL Pedduck that "Everyone tests positive at Igenex" and that "Dr.J Txs every child with massive IV ABX".

I thought it might be helpful to have an idea as to how many out there have in fact had negative results from Igenex. (Thanks for the idea, Cave [Big Grin] )

Thanks in advance for your input! [Smile]

[hi]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ME!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeindunkirk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeindunkirk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard that before as well. My huband and son both tested positive with IGENEX. I myself have never actually tested positive with IGENEX. I've been tested four times with IGENEX and each time its different. At my sickest point the test was totally indertermint. The first test showed a few positives for some bands, the second test showed more positives and of course the third test showed even more positives. The fourth test was a year and a half into treatment and my symptoms were much worse. So, my opinion, not everyone tests positive.
Posts: 547 | From Maryland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first Igenex test was neg. for IGG and IGM, but I did have some positive bands. My second one that I just had done in the begining of January was positive IGM and neg. IGG.
Hope this helps
Marcie

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first WB from Igenex was negative just one or two ind. on a few bands. The second one after six months was almost CDC positive and band 31 was double positive. Most ducks use the saying "Everyone tests positive from Igenex". This is just not true, Nick Harris says something like 65% of the tests are positive. Igenex gets most of their blood through Lyme Docs who already suspect or have diagnosised Lyme in the patient already. So 65% is low in my opinion.
Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sojourner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ali,
I can give you three! My husband, my daughter and my sister. All three had negative CDC and Igenex results---they did have those suspicious bands, though.

All three had neuro symptoms, all three have experienced herxheimers, all three have experienced improvements in their symptoms.

I am truly sorry you are having to go through this. I hope you get this all staightened out and get your husband on board with a good doc.

If I may, what is it that your husband is so afraid of? Is it antibiotics? Our oldest daughter (not the one being treated now) was on over three months of prophylactic antibiotics for recurring ear infections.

Funny how this didn't worry us at all--we got no guidance about replenishing her gut flora or monitoring her liver. Oh, but this was a mainstream ENT, not a crazy lyme doc. What a stupid double standard.

Even if your hubby won't beleive an Igenex result, it might just do you some good to have one done and see what turns up. It's not too costly.

Again, I wish you well

Posts: 554 | From Naples, Italy | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter's first test was negative, subsequent ones have been positive. We had an ID doc say the same thing to us.
Posts: 422 | From Herndon, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me --- Recently Neg. (two other times IND)

My husband, my 3 sons, & father ---- IND

Mother --- Pos.

All of us had specific bands.

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ali,

2 negative tests....my daughter & I

We did have a few significant positive or indeterminate bands, but were considered as CDC and Igenex negative. These tests were in the summer of 2006.

My husband and I had a positive Western Blot tests from Bowen lab recently...it was the MarDx test that doesn't report the 31 or 24 kDa bands. 3 children were negative on this test, although I ws told they were all CDC positive.

All 6 of my children have symptoms and are being treated. My LLMD thinks I passed the disease to them during pregnancy.

It's strange that it's popped up in everyone in the past 7 months.

Nancy

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For many years now my husband has had the most symptoms. His Igenex test was negative so my llmd wanted him to do a urine challenge test but he didn't and has not been treated.
Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serenity
Member # 7642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serenity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband has had two negative tests from Igenex. He has a clinical diagnoses and has been responding to treatment much in the same way my CDC positve daughter (who found the deer tick on her) does.
Posts: 25 | From NC | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Igenex tests have come back with some positive and IND bands but the overall result has been "negative". My LLMD interpreted the results as positive.

My first CD-57 came back 12! The second came back 34. I think CD-57 is a very good indicator of how sick you truly are.

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first WB from Igenex was negative...then after antibiotics it returned positive...
Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hand is up.

I had 1 ind (IGG ind/IGM negative) and 1 negative (both IGG and IGM negative) Igenex tests. I have tons of bands come up 'ind'.

Allie

Posts: 300 | From Northeast | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW -- My nephew sees Dr. J, and Dr. J has never put him on IV ABX!

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*raises hand*
from Igenex and a bunch of other labs over 13 years

My only truly positive WB was almost 3 years into treatment and I think I got that one from BB northamerican, I don't think Igenex was operating yet.

The best I ever did from Igenex was close to IND, a few + bands and a few IND.

I really don't test well. [Wink] Perhaps if it had been multiple choice???

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and let's remember that a lot of people who test negative will assume that they don't have Lyme, so you're not going to find the majority of the 'negatives' here on Lymenet.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickandtiredofbeingsandt
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickandtiredofbeingsandt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My IGeneX test was negative and CDC negative but I had positive bands and two IND. The doctor said that even though the test says it's negative, the positive and IND bands are very important and given my symptoms, treatment for Lyme is called for.

I think what needs to change is the criteria for what they consider "positive". If you have pluses and even INDs, you have been exposed. It should be either positive is any pluses or if all minuses, then it's negative. It's not rocket science.

--------------------
Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

Posts: 185 | From Colorado | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tory2457
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tory2457     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in for both negative IgG and IgM- IgeneX and CDC.

Also very low CD57 (21), but guessing I've "owned" these bugs for 20 years!

I say thanks for all the good medical care and insurance payouts all those years treating the wrong disease!

Posts: 158 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grace1
Member # 10347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grace1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a tick engorged on my leg, had a bulleye rash for a month, yet tested negative on Western blots at IGeneX.

However, I did receive antibiotics and steroids shortly after the rash for other medical reasons.

Posts: 98 | From San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never tested with Igenex. I tested CDC positive with Quest. My son tested CDC positive at the local hospital lab.

Does your doc want to argue with those results?

And I asked Dr. J about IV for my son, mostly because I have school people looking over my shoulder and saying he should have IV. Dr. J said no. And if memory serves, no mention of IV has been made in the current medical board case, either.

Ignorant duck.
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me both times...2nd time more IND bands then the first but still a big negative!!

CD57 of a 10 that went up to a 42 a within a few months.

I went to an ID dr that also said all Igenex gets positive results....even if you would send water there it would be positive.

i told him that I didnt get a positive but IND, and he said well there you go something showed up!

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann in CA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 97

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann in CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had several positives from Igenix over the years, but I have also had a couple of negatives after I have been on abx for awhile.

I sincerely believe they are the best lab and if you are negative, you'll get a negative result. That doesn't necessarily mean the lyme is gone. So far, mine has always come back if I stay off abx long enough. Then I eventually test positive again.

Ann

Posts: 287 | From Northern California, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cantgiveupyet:

i told him that I didnt get a positive but IND, and he said well there you go something showed up!

Sheesh!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hi]

That'd be me... but I had a positive test through another lab... too sick to remember right now. Not MDL.

--------------------
Sometimes when I say �Oh, I�m fine� I want someone to look me in the eyes & say �tell the truth�

Myspace: http://tinyurl.com/5p64ed

Posts: 644 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ruth Ruth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ruth Ruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No antibiotics prior
Steriods prior
Possible infection as teenager (bells palsy 1980)
New "bite" & symptom onset 4 months prior to tests 2/15/2006

WESTERN BLOT
{I don't have a clue what these mean}

IGENEX IGM RESULT NEGATIVE
CDC/NYS RESULT NEGATIVE
39/41 IND
all other bands "-"

IGENEX IGG RESULT NEGATIVE
CDC/NYS RESULT NEGATIVE
23-25/31/34/39 IND
41 ++
58 +
all other bands "-"

MULTIPLEX B. BURGDORFERI (PCR)
Genomic NEGATIVE
Plasmid NEGATIVE

--------------------
When I lost my grip on Faith in the maze of illness,
Hope gently clasped my hand and led on.

RuthRuth

Posts: 478 | From California | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hubby's were NEGATIVE

mine were both positive!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was CDC positive, as well as my daughter.

However, your Ped Duck should know this, from public testimony of the lab director:

"For the year 2003, just to give you an idea, we had tested 698 patients
suspected of Lyme disease. Three hundred and ninety-four were positive
by either Western blot or antigen test or PCR. If we had gone by the CDC
criteria only, we would have missed 70 percent of this 394 cases."

In other words, 56% of the Lyme disease tests performed by IGeneX
Laboratory in 2003 were positive.

So that's about half. A far cry from "all."

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buckfever
Member # 9876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buckfever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too was Neg through Igenex, w/1 +,2 ind bands IGG and 2/+ and 2 ind IGM . Good enough to indicate infection to 2 LLMD's , but not good enough for cdc or other ducs !!!
Posts: 97 | From West Chester ,Pa. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was- Ind - from Igenix--I had been sick
18 yrs before the WB was done--Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz dobell
Member # 8078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liz dobell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got CDC NEGATIVE overall for IgG
& EQUIVICAL for IgM (both from IGENIX)

+/- on bands 23-25,31 34, 39 & +++ on 41 & 45

responding well to abx

Posts: 83 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Virginia of Yore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Virginia of Yore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had positive tests from Igenex when flaring with symptoms, and negative tests results from them when tests samples were taken at a time with no bothersome symptoms--both times tests were taken while on antibiotics, and I have been on them long term. I think they are a good lab, but certain NIH docs may be purposely trying to discredit them to mainstream docs, hence the negative comments... They don't want a lab around that is making their labs look less competent.

Also, I don't think they want us finding any proof of a disease they want to deny treatment for, whether to save money or their reputations.

Posts: 193 | From Virginia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Virginia of Yore:
I think they are a good lab, but certain NIH docs may be purposely trying to discredit them to mainstream docs, hence the negative comments... They don't want a lab around that is making their labs look less competent.

Also, I don't think they want us finding any proof of a disease they want to deny treatment for, whether to save money or their reputations.

Absolutely my opinion as well!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

wenan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wenan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow,I am so glad to see this. I have been putting

myself through the ringer - Igenex- IGG?? I think,

was the the one that had all starred bands

indeterminate with one positive and the other IGM

(I may have these mixed up) had one positive and

the rest negative. I have felt as if I am making

all of this up. My doc feels I have Lyme but I

think she is afraid to go all the way and say

actually that I have it, especially since I cannot

tolerate antibiotics right now and we are working

on getting my liver function better. But I am so

grateful to hear from everyone- Maybe I'm not

going crazy!

Posts: 104 | From connecticut | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hang in there, wenan! Being in CT doubles your chances of it being Lyme, that's for sure!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to thank everyone for all their input! I really appreciate your help. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to add to the list:

I tested CDC positive, but my SO was negative through igenex.

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was CDC positive IgM through Quest (go figure).

I was neg through Quest for coinfections.

I have a question-

How many of you tested positive at IgeneX for coinfections compared to regular labs?

I am contemplating sending blood there for co's but I dont want to waste my money.

I know I am coinfected with Toxoplasmosis, which will be treated in the fall per my LLMD.

Thanks, Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
melissa,

here's another lab good for co-infections and much cheaper! i haven't sent anything there ...

ARIZONA LYME/TICK LAB ... excellent for co-infections: bart/babs!

Scott Forsgren or someone stated cost was $250 for babs/bart co-infection testing! vs. igenex's expensive $900 charge for co-infections! [Wink]

if you are on medicare, they will pay for igenex testing; they did mine! [Big Grin]

[ 20. August 2007, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

Rianna
Member # 11038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a highly positive Igenex (I am from UK) although at the time I was told only 2 people had ever tested positive in the UK with IGENEX - there may be more now. So out of many many tests only 2 positive - therefore the people stating everyone tests positive with igenex are obviously very mis informed.

Rianna

Posts: 1172 | From UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zil
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had negative typed on the test result with all the bands listed and my LLD wrote--You are positive. You have two starred bands 34 & 39. (I had a few other with + by it.) The lab made a mistake and typed negative.
I called Igenex and finally(after a few days) spoke with a Dr. there and he concurred with my LLD and I am getting a corrected copy. I have been on doxy for 6 wks and now, ceftin. I am improving. Thank goodness my Dr knows what he's reading and doesn't go by the negative or positive the lab types. Liz

Posts: 383 | From Ar | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that Rianna!

So the UK doesn't share the same opinion of IGenex as the US ducks either. [Big Grin]

I never added my own negative Igenex to this.

I had some pos bands with Quest.
Did Igenex for "more accuracy" for treatment, got NADA, ZILCH, ZIPPO!
Went back to Quest testing, got additional positive bands.

GO FIGURE!?! [Roll Eyes]

I'm going to try to figure out if I was Babs-flaring at the time of IGeneX. I was really disappointed. [shake]

--------------------

disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*raises hand*

Mine was from Igenex and overall negative.

I only had one positive band.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chamade
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chamade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Negative western blot at igenex(23-25IND, 41IND, 39+ for IGM) and positive IFA

--------------------
Why me? Well, why not me???

Posts: 411 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter was given a clinical diagnosis and has herxed on abx. She had 41 +, and 34 IND from IGeneX.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susan2health
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susan2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone negative on all bands?

Susan

Posts: 233 | From United States | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

As far as I know, I was.
I'll verify Tuesday.

--------------------

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CDC positive at IGeneX:

IgM:
18 IND
23-25 ++
28 +
30 IND
31 +++
39 IND
41 +
45 IND
58 +
66 +
93 IND

IgG:
23-25 IND
30 IND
31 IND
39 IND
41 IND
45 IND
58 IND
66 IND

(not sure what to make of that IgG!!)

Quest ELISA: Negative

[dizzy]

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

SHOW OFF! [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Michelle M
Member # 7200

quote:
Originally posted by AliG:
SHOW OFF! [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

It's just stunning to me to have so many positive bands and a totally negative ELISA. Also a negative spinal tap.

This blot was about 1.5 years after being infected.

It just goes to show that you can't tell much from them, because in theory my IgG should have turned positive within several months. Yet after a year and a half of infection, "IND" is about the best I could do. Maybe I would have made more antibodies if I hadn't had babesia??? Just a guess... Would love to hear an answer!

Michelle

kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbholley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested Neg. on all bands with the bullseye rash still on my arm.

Brenda-Lee

--------------------
OK...I'll play your silly games.

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Posts: 126 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
improver
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for improver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested positive in 05 through igenex. But I tested negative a few months ago through igenex and am still sick. I just read the following in one of the brochures from the LDA site called Lyme [r] Primer:

During the first year after a tick bite, less than 65% of patients produce antibodies, and they may not last. By year two, less than 50% of patients still have antibody response.

You can go to the LDA website and print out this brochure. Take it strait to whatever duck has a problem with the idea of testing neg but being positive. But back to the point of this post, I did recently test neg through Igenex and still have lyme.........Rich

Posts: 413 | From nj | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Areneli
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me
Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We go to the doctor mentioned in this thread. He has always used his own lab and never sent to IGENEX. He did send some things to Labcorp to help us with expenses. It actually showed positive bands.

I think most of us will test negative on some things at first, then when things get stirred up with treatment, bugs come out of hiding.

Kelly

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hostbody
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hostbody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Husband, daughter, and I were postive. My other daughter was negative.
Posts: 111 | From York, PA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbholley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbholley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got retested today, I'll let you know what the results are. She still is doubtful about it being LD, because she says its uncommon in our area, but I know its bull.

--------------------
OK...I'll play your silly games.

Finding my happy place.

Brenda-Lee

Posts: 126 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tory2457
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tory2457     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My relative tested Negative through IGeneX....

but, POSITVE, CDC positive for Babesia through Quest!

yup, they called her--immediately.

How is this possible? hmmm!

She fortunately does have a LLMD, and is in treatment!
This after being told she has Sojgren's, RA, Fibro,IBS for years!

my oh my oh my!

Posts: 158 | From PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

quote:
Originally posted by tory2457:

My relative tested Negative through IGeneX....

but, POSITVE, CDC positive for Babesia through Quest!

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Let those "Everyone tests positive with IGenex" "doctors" explain that!

Even people who are KNOWN to have Lyme & test positive ELSEWHERE can test NEGATIVE AT IGENEX!!

How can they say "everyone tests positive with IGenex"?!!!!!! [rant]

--------------------

Sweetpea's Mom
Member # 12817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweetpea's Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to this website; http://www.amytan.net/LymeDisease.aspx. This is Amy Tan's website. She talks all about testing. Print out her story and show it to the idiot who said all tests from Igenix come back positive.

Maybe he will learn something.

Posts: 24 | From Maryland | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tory2457
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10384

hey AliG, right on!

to go a little deeper, aren't people like her that test positive for a co-infection, but negative for LD enough to insist on "changing the guidelines?"

What does the CDC say for treatment? 6 weeks?

btw, her son (32yo) was tested, he too was negative from IGeneX, but tested positive through Quest for RMSF!

Our local Health Dept called him; said since he doesn't have symptoms, he doesn't have RMSF.! [loco]

He does have elevated liver enzymes with other "slight" symptoms...He's also in treatment.
His llmd didn't take his positive test result--lightly!

magaro
Member # 12948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magaro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1994 - Elisa negative (believed initial infection)
2004 - WB negative; Elisa 0.33 via qwest (second stage event with numerous neurological; muscle/joint; vision; etc.. issues)

Over 50 doctors later and thanks to my neighbor I went to a new lyme doctor.

My test results were:

IGM WB positive via Igenex and CDC (still don't have the IGG)

The IGM blot report is as follows:
18 +
22 -
23-25 +
28 -
30 -
31 +
34 IND
39 IND
41 ++
45 -
58 ++
66 +
73 -
83-93 -

I also have a CD-57 score of 22.

Posts: 48 | From New Jersey | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GardenLymer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GardenLymer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All tests always neg thru IgeneX except FISH (1 out of 2 - the second was neg, although relapse was obvious) ERRRR

Daughter's was neg thru IgeneX also...I tested pos tho thru the old Bowen for Lyme, Babs, and both forms of erlichia.

TBI's are the only disease on the planet where a pos result is good news - in a warped kinda way, lol.

Posts: 176 | From Tenn | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 negative tests and 1 positive
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike55178
Member # 11597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike55178     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was also considered Negative even by Igenex. I had no IGG bands. But I had a 41+ 58+ and a 39 IND. My LLMD said the 39 and 58 were Lyme specific and with my low CD-57 and all my symptoms concluded I had Lyme.
Posts: 17 | From Boston | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After years of severe illness, tested in 1997.

Seizures, severe hyperacusis, fainting, all the CFS sort of stuff.
balance problems verified by testing.

WB IgG a few bands, but "negative according to the CDC Criteria" was printed on it.

WB IgM was actually postive according my state's dept. of health band criteria, but equivocal with Igenex and "negative according to the CDC Criteria" was stamped across it.

Postive for Babesia and HME (human monocytic ehrlichia).

So, trying to show my doctor that even our state's dept. of health said lyme was positive even if the CDC said "not"

and with the presence of the co-infections, that lyme was highly likely, anyway . . . well my doctor said "we don't have lyme in this state." Treatment was refused. My file was marked for life.

About ten doctors later, still none in this state who will treat.
And, of course, by now, they say "it's burned itself out"

I'm the one burned out.

But, to be fair, I've come across two doctors who have helped me in various ways. Treatment options, money pose restraints.

We desparately need better attention to this.

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter j
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peter j     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got negative from IgeneX once
Posts: 275 | From Home | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Back from LLMD, copy of IGenex results in hand.

I am proof that we should get copies of our bloodwork. My interpretation of our previous conversation was that Igenex came up blank.

IGM
23-25 IND (pos on Quest)
30 +
39 ++
41 IND (pos on Quest)
66 +

IGG
41 IND
(23 pos on Quest)

While still technically considered Negative, I guess that makes me guilty of "showing some positive bands" [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Vanilla
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first Igenex test was negative for LD positive for Babs.

My second Igenex test was positive for LD.

AliG
Member # 9734

Any ALL negatives bands & pos elsewhere?

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement