LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Your worst symptoms top 3?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your worst symptoms top 3?
BartonFink
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10818

Icon 5 posted      Profile for BartonFink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is mine:

1.Burning, stinging, prickling skin. I don't think anything can be more awful and torturous as this. A demonic symptom I would say.

2.Extreme fatigue. There is million things you would like to do but you can't because you just don't have the energy. No matter how much you sleep, you're still exhausted.

3.The mental combo of anxiety, nervousness, jitteriness, confusion, crankiness, brain fog and depression.

How about you?

BF

--------------------
Please dont suggest "ask your LLMD" because we dont have them here in this country... [Frown] I just have to count on you fellow patients. [Smile]

Posts: 246 | From Finland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before treatment
1.Fevers
2.Joint pain
3.heart palps

After treatment and during
1.tired
2.acheing
3.herx

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmystermite
Member # 11671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmystermite   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't have too much problem with the stinging and burning sensation, not like some I have read..but the worst 3 for me have got to be..

1. The "fogginess"...for sure is number one. Without that I could probably get through the rest..

I am so tired of "searching" for words and not being able to carry on a simple conversation w/out sounding like an idiot..

And not being able to read and comprehend information is torture for me... I graduated w/ honors from a local business institute in 1997, now most days I can't seem to think my way out of a paper bag. [Frown]

2. Fatigue.. Even on days when I am feeling "okay", I am so tired and have no energy to do anything...

3. The floaters and other problems with my eyes..
I can not focus clear enough to read like I used to and dealing w/ flouresent lighting..forget it.

Mind you, those are by far not all of the symptoms that I have, but definitely the worst 3...the ones that I have the hardest time dealing with..

Ellen

Posts: 50 | From Port Crane, NY | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before treatment:

1. Fatigue, depression.
2. Not understanding what was said to me, or being able to comprehend, & memory loss
3. Headaches, and extreme pain all over.

After Treatment:

Pretty much the same but they all improved as time went on.

Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Visual Afterimage Man
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Visual Afterimage Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Brain Fog
2. Fatigue
3. Vision (floaters, blurry, afterimages etc)

--------------------
26 months of treatment. And counting.......

Posts: 298 | From Northeast Kansas | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou4656
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou4656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Brain fog
2. Fatigue
3. Stiff neck/headaches

--------------------
LouLou

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bef treatment:

1) back pain
2) brain fog
3) night sweats/sleeplessness

aft treatment:

1) back pain
2) joint pain
3) disturbed sleep

altho, now i'm getting treated for babs and the back pain is easing

Posts: 277 | From NY | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before tx:

1. progressive weakness
2. falling
3. agony throughout entire body 24/7

After tx:

1. 1-3 minutes of mild pain in left knee premenstrually!!!!!!!!
2. 1-3 minutes of mild pain in left knee
premenstrually!!!
3. 1-3 minutes of mild pain in left knee
premenstrually!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yourtroubl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yourtroubl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Pain
2. Severe Fatigue
3. Pain

Posts: 347 | From WV | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. fatigue

2. brain doesn't work right -- way beyond what I would call brain fog!

3. anything else is minor in comparison to those two! Joint pain, muscle aches, night sweats, heart palps, air hunger, TMJ problems, etc.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmm...

1. Air hunger

2. Insomnia

3. Fatigue!!!!

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) bladder/ urethral pain
2) tight and very sore pelvic muscles
3)Extreme thirst

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
neuro problems..,memory, brain fog, speach ect...
Fatigue
joint pain/muscle aches-worse in feet & back.

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) myoclonus seizures
2) sensitivity to stimuli such as noise and crowds
3) fatigue

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chronic Double sided migrain headahce
Chronic severe nausea-lost 35 lbs
Severe muscle/Joint pain

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) vibrationlike feeling running through me always

2) head pressure like my brain is too big for my head

3) feeling like Im going to faint all the time

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
6t5frlane
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 6t5frlane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Fatique

2)Muscle Twitching/Buzzing

3) Muscle weakness

Posts: 355 | From NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Severe headaches that have lasted for years

2) Burning and tingling sensations

3) Fatigue

Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. hip weakness to the point I often can't move my legs so I need a wheelchair a lot or at the very least I'm limping [Frown]

2. burning rivers of pain throughout my body that can make me scream

3. extreme malaise with splitting headaches and head pressure

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
facial twitching and jerking
TINNNITUS!!!
head feeling like it's going to burst

basically, everything above the neck!!!

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitkat32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9682

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitkat32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Befoge treatment:

1. Severe anxiety, panic, depression.
2. Numbness and tingling
3. Migraine headache

After treatment:

1. Fatigue
2. Insomnia
3. Brain fog

Posts: 655 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann in CA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 97

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann in CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before treatment;

1. Severe eye ache/headache, left side only

2. Deep, severe bone/joint ache--hips, shoulders, knees-moved around

3. Stiff neck

After (treatment continues)

1. Eye dryness, floaters

2. Mild short term memory loss,

3. Permanent damage to knee & mild, occasional hip & knee pain

Posts: 287 | From Northern California, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nebula2005
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nebula2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. What randibear said: tinnitis, pressure, pain, twitching, neck rigid and hot
2. insomnia/fatigue, feeling stupid
3. sore, stiff, swollen knee(s) and legs

Posts: 353 | From Florida boonies | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squeegee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squeegee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Excruciating back pain
2. Extreme fatigue
3. Excruciating knee pain (lying in bed did not produce relief -- it produced a different torture -- feeling like someone was trying to twist my kneecap off)

Posts: 105 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antsettler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antsettler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. fatigue and apathy
2. brain fog and anxiety
3. dolour

Posts: 108 | From spain eur | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Lack of independence (not able to work, do household chores most of the time or use the noggin most of the time.

2. Lack of mobility (can only be on my feet for very short periods of time and never know how long or how often...can not sit upright usually or if I do I pay for it later in pain or lots of down time)

3. Now, what was the question? [hi]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Searching4Answers
Member # 11079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Searching4Answers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had every symptom imaginable, but the scariest involve muscle twitching, tingling and numbness. To go to sleep at night feeling your arms go numb at the shoulders, and to feel tingling and shakey, it is really really scary.

Lately, I've had heart palpatations and pressure in my head, and that is scary too.

Tingling in my face and twitching in my face is scary.

All of this is horrible.

Posts: 69 | From Washington | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great question!

before treatment:

1. super sensitivities of:

.. lights, glare, and reflection;
.. noise/sounds
.. chemicals: perfumes, hair spray, cigarette smoke, cleaning/office supplies, some foods, diesel, etc.

2. PAIN in total body!

3. lyme fog where i can no longer remember words, think correctly, etc.

AFTER TREATMENT:

1. SAME AS ABOVE but eyes MUCH worse due to the doxycycline i took and the after effects.

2. FATIGUE; i've never had as many naps as i've had these past 3 years.

3. pain; 24/7 in all fibro's 18 pressure point areas.

Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before treatment

1. life-halting fatigue
2. severe brain fog, stuttering, compromised memory
3. numbness

After starting antibiotics

1. Searing pain in knee and hip
2. seizures
3. numbness

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1, DIZZINESS
2, FAINTING
3, FLUID AND RINGING IN EARS

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clpgotlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clpgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before treatment:
Severe 24-7 head and neck pain
Severe joint, muscle,ligament pain
profound fatigue, brain fog

Now, 2 years into treatment:
1 week/month head and neck pain
moderate joint, ligament pain
varying amounts of fatigue and brain fog

Cindy

--------------------
Cindy

Posts: 227 | From VA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
h8lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11765

Icon 11 posted      Profile for h8lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Brain Fog
2) Headache/Neck ache
3) Air Hunger

I just started treatment, I think this is going to be a long road

Posts: 158 | From Santa Monica | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernCO
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthernCO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After lumbar epidural steroid injection 4 yrs ago:

1. Severe knee and back pain.
2. Fatigue.
3. Weakness from knees down to ankles.

Prior to steroid injection:

1. Fatigue.
2. Weakness from knees down to ankles.
3. Back pain.

Posts: 175 | From Colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Headaches.
2. Fatigue (fall asleep sitting upright!!)
3. Short-term memory loss.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) MCS/VERTIGO
2) PAIN/WEAKNESS/NEUROPATHY
3) SEVERE BRAIN FOG

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
before tx:

*brain fog, confusion, couldn't think/read/write/process/communicate
*feeling like every cell in my body was slowly being poisoned to death
*suicidality/depression/panic
*dizziness

(i know that's 4 - or more than 4, technically - but i couldn't narrow it down any further)

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before starting clindamycin:

1)Fibromyalgia

2)Unstable joints

3)Can I say just complete confusion as to what was going on with symptom after symptom with no explanation?

Post recognition/starting clinda:

1)Lipomas in legs -- very painful, no idea how to stop them

2)Totally unstable joints that send me to the chiropractor a couple times a week.

3)Amazing chemical sensitiviy. I can't even touch/buy new clothes now -- have to wash my old ones in the sink.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My three most debilitating

1. Fatigue (no energy- no endurance)

2. pain

3. feeling like I could fall over at any given moment (weakness & balance issues)

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BartonFink
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BartonFink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robin123, your private mailbox is full. [Smile]

--------------------
Please dont suggest "ask your LLMD" because we dont have them here in this country... [Frown] I just have to count on you fellow patients. [Smile]

Posts: 246 | From Finland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:

1)Lipomas in legs -- very painful, no idea how to stop them

Treatment
Often, treatment of a lipoma is not necessary, unless the tumor becomes painful or restricts movement. Many people have them removed for cosmetic reasons. However, if the capsule of the lipoma is not completely removed during the surgery, it may grow back.

A lipoma may be removed by simple excision, but liposuction is another option that often results in less scarring if the lipoma is soft and has a small connective tissue component. However, liposuction has a greater tendency to not remove the entire lipoma, which often results in re-growth.

There are new methods being developed that are supposed to remove the lipomas without the scarring. One of them is removal by the use of protein injection. Another method being developed is the use of ultrasound waves to destroy the lipoma. This can be compared with the removal of kidney stones that uses the same sort of technique to pulverize the stones

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
motownlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for motownlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only three,huh? Sorry, I can only narrow it down to 5...

(1) Air hunger
(2) Pressure - head, chest, lungs
(3) Can't think, concentrate
(4) Anxiety
(5) Hyperacusis

Posts: 237 | From WV | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rooster
Member # 11776

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Rooster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neck pain/"stuck" feeling
Chronic back pain
Brain fog/lack of focus
burning in places on skin
Tingling or "spiders" crawling under skin
Tremors...

Does anyone else get tremors?

Posts: 24 | From Studio City, Ca. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lioness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lioness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pain, all over, burning, throbbing, gnawing, shocking, tingling, unable to walk (wanting to die it gets so bad)

Neurological issues (all of them) loss of memory, concentration, unable to recall thoughts or words, pain, tinnitus, vertigo, migraines, depression, anxiety, rage...

Absolute, flat out exhaustion. Fall asleep driving, talking...

Not being able to stand the smell of anything

quote:
Originally posted by Rooster:
Does anyone else get tremors?

yes, I get tremors
Posts: 240 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katcon
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katcon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before treatment

1. Seizures
2. Unable to walk
3. Unable to get a deep breath, chest heaving for air

Now during treatment, and this changes
1. Fatigue
2. Get out of breath at times
3. Head pain, feeling like something is going to explode

But I can walk!

Posts: 175 | From Pa | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Insomnia (improved from +7 to +4);
2. Stomachache(improved from +8 to +2);
3. Pains of soles, palms and hips(improved from +9 to +5).

Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonysgirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11202

Icon 11 posted      Profile for tonysgirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, my top three are:

1. Muscle Twitching (All over, especially the
face drives me mad!

2. Muscle Burning/Stinging - In my upper thighs
and radiates into my hip area.

3. Lastly, the damned Eye Burn! Only constant
drops help this.

Can we do a post on how long people believe they have been infected?

Posts: 157 | From connecticut | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CatWoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CatWoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1- unrelenting insomnia

2-bladder irritation, frequency (over 30 times/day) and urgency

3- fatigue

Posts: 255 | From where we don't have Lyme disease | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before:

1) Near seizures
2) Migraines
3) Memory loss, brain fog, moodiness

After:

1) Mild memory loss, mild brain fog, mild moodiness
2) Occassional headache
3) Intermittant lower back pain

Claire

[ 03. May 2007, 05:15 AM: Message edited by: clairenotes ]

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby's are:

1. Brain Fog (can't get words out, or think of words, can't read, problems comprehending)

2. Fatigue

3. Vision (blurred) -- usually during Herx

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kayru
Member # 2749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kayru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. burning, stabbing, pin pricking, unbearbale pain in my lower legs and feet. feels like boiling water is being poured through my legs and i am standing on hot black pavement.

2. severe depression

3. head and neck pain

Posts: 97 | From Simpsonville KY USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geodeta_31
Member # 11339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geodeta_31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My [puke] are:
1. Vision (extreme floaters, snow vision, entopic phenomenon, pain, blurry, afterimages etc.)
2. Head (pressure, pain, ringing in my ears, brain fog, dizziness)
3. Extreme fatique - EXTREME FATIQUE!!!

--------------------
All the best...
Marcin

Posts: 8 | From Poland | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisBtheLymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisBtheLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Fatigue
2) Brainfog
3) Visual disturbances.

Posts: 263 | From UK | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tic chick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9156

Icon 6 posted      Profile for tic chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 balance
Stiffness
Walking

2.numbness toes to chest

3 dizziness

Treatment for 8 months
Sxs are milder and less
Frequent [Wink]

--------------------
Adversity is the diamond dust heaven polishes it's jewels with. � Robert Leighton

Daily world-wide prayers welcome for the Lyme Community - every day at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time and 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time � all faiths welcome!

Posts: 309 | From S.E. Mass | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9143

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andie333

Now that is a way to describe it that I had never heard of before. I have suffered from fatigue for as long as I can remember but didn't have a name for it. You did good. That is exactly what it is life halting fatigue.

1. Life halting fatigue

2. Foot pain.

It is in the front part of the bottom of both my feet. I have been to so many foot doctors and none of them seem to know how to help this. I think alot of the problem is due to the fact that the fatty pad on the bottom of my feet is gone. This is from to working in the library and constantly standing on my toes reaching up to put books away.

3. Severe sleep problems.

Since I get little rem sleep at night I can hardly stay a wake during the day. I have had seven sleep studies done at different hospitols. Also a daytime nap study where I was asleep witin three minutes every time. No one has been able to help with this.I get 18 minutes of rem sleep a night. If I didn't take my meds I would literally sleep all the time.

sick

Posts: 538 | From Iowa | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrsdizzy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrsdizzy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine are as follows:

1. Rocking/dizziness in head
2. Headpressure (feels like someone is crushing my face and standing on my shoulders. This goes down to my chest). Stiff neck
3. Tiredness, joint pain (knees) worse at night when I'm lying down!

--------------------
"don't ever write anyone off, you'll never know who or what they will become"

Posts: 115 | From la la land | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Partial Seizures brought on by -any- kind of stimulation; concentration or exertion. Seizures include: sneezing,
muscle tightening, vertigo, "strange" gait, feeling of impending doom over usually things that in a "regular" state of mind would be banal, yawning, diarrhea, and finally vomiting. A real show stopper.

[Venting for a minute...I saw a new doctor recently, and I said, "I would just like a little more control". Doc's these days are often swimming in the shallow end of the new age movement. He says, "Maybe that's your problem - maybe you need to accept being out of control". I said, "Are you kidding? Everytime I go to do something, I have a seizure attack - I think I'm pretty clear on the "I am not in control" thing"...]

2. Burning skin pain and eye pain largely as a result of light on skin. When light is on my skin (or joints) I begin to experience searing pain, muscle cramping, and then I'm back to #1.

3. Finding proper medical help. Or at least it feels like a symptom...

--------------------
For medical advice related to Lyme disease, please see an ILADS physician.

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizzie518
Member # 11763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lizzie518     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Bladder issues (incontinence, urgency, hesitancy, dribbling)

2. Vision issues (double vision, eyes not tracking together)

3. Pain (burning intermittent pain in forearms, calves, head, and pelvic area)

Posts: 5 | From Houston, TX | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kylasrain
Member # 12031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kylasrain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Backpain

2. facial numbness/tingling

3. jaw pain,TMJ stuff

(now the new night sweats and nightmares are runner-ups!)

[sleepy]

--------------------
http://kylahikeson.blogspot.com

Posts: 97 | From CA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MamaWolf
Member # 10578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MamaWolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Hyperacusis/Tinnitus (walked outside and swatted a bee away from my ear but it was actually the neighbor using her weedeater.. sounded like it was right in my head)

2) Neuropathy/paresthesia (feels like centipedes biting and crawling on my legs and then someone uses a blowtorch to remove them.. all while I'm sitting on a washing machine during the spin cycle)

3) Overall tendon/joint pain and swelling

--------------------
~Ro~

Don't wait for someone to take you under their wing. Find a good wing and climb up underneath it~ Frank C. Bucaro

Posts: 80 | From Desert Southwest | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jocus20
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jocus20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Brain fog/derealization/disconnected feeling

2. Vision problems( after images, hazt vision, trouble focusing)

3. Fatigue

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jocus20

also check out my videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jocus20

Posts: 248 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dlp252
Member # 10711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dlp252     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't started treatment yet, so hopefully soon these will be FORMER worst:

1. Burning sking (like a bad sunburn) all over my upper torso and arms...got it now badly and even my hair brushing on my neck is sending pain waves.

2. Extreme fatigue.

3. Disconnected brain...it feels like my brain is floating free form in my head.

4. INSOMNIA!!!!

Other equally annoying: enumerable food intolerances, floaters which are getting worse, etc. etc. etc.

Posts: 83 | From us | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geez there are sooo many.....

1. Headache
2. Fatigue
3. body pain

it was a close one....

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EWT1638
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EWT1638     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BEFORE treatment:

1. Sudden weakness/pain
2. exhaustion
3. brain fog (I became an idiot!)

DURING treatment (just started, but I've had it for years)):

1. exhaustion
2. still an idiot! "How do you spell ...um..forget it, I can't remember the word."
3. back pain
[bonk]

--------------------
When you reach your "wits-end" remember this: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Posts: 397 | From Loudoun County Virginia | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Man! after reading all of these, I must have the worst combo... This is depressing
GenaD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11988

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GenaD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Fatigue
2) Joint Pain
3) Brain Fog

--------------------
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead

Posts: 290 | From New York | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hard to narrow it down to three, but here goes.

1) head pressure-head neck and spine hurt

2)head feeling foggy and like I'm going to faint

3)Fatigue

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egotlyme
Member # 11951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for egotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to send my prayers out to all that is suffering with this awful disease. My worst three symptoms are air hunger( the very worst), joint pain, and my body is always feverish and hot all the time. There are so many more that would qualify for the worst but these are the worst three.
Posts: 10 | From san diego california | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egotlyme
Member # 11951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for egotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to send my prayers out to all that is suffering with this awful disease. My worst three symptoms are air hunger( the very worst), joint pain, and my body is always feverish and hot all the time. There are so many more that would qualify for the worst but these are the worst three.
Posts: 10 | From san diego california | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatpianka
Member # 12244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatpianka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My worst three:

1. Extreme fatigue
2. Joint pain
3. In a fog, can't concentrate at work, which is why I'm here right now.

I'll be going home to take a nap very soon. I've only been on doxycycline for 3 days now, so I'm hoping it all gets better soon.

[kiss]

Posts: 97 | From Clinton, CT | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now:

Vulvar Pain (sorry, guys)
Brain Fog
Fatigue

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmyInMI
Member # 9506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmyInMI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My worst symptoms are:

1) Extreme pain in legs for past 10 weeks that I can not find anything to control, which has caused me to take another medical leave from work and makes it VERY hard to walk.

2) Extreme fatigue and exhaustion

3) Not being able to remeber things and having a hard time processing my thoughts and communicating them

Posts: 73 | From just outside of Lansing, MI | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

I was going to reply, but I have trouble deciding on which 3 to post. Is that a symptom? Yep!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement