LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Watch You DIET!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Watch You DIET!
lymeHerx001
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just reminding those chronic and maybe current Lymies to watch their diet.

They had people bring in sweets, sandwiches and coffee all this week so I have been indulging at work.

Yesterday, Cookies, and sandwiches. Today sandwiches, strawberries with a dip and 2 diets Snapple's and 2-3 cups of coffee!!!!

I swore off all sweets and coffee last year! And I said I would work on the caffeine.

Wow I must really hate myself to do this!
Temptation, Temptation, Temptation.

Dont even try it unless youve felt (Good) for at least two months.

Diet is so important once your body cant handle even small toxins. Also it becomes sensitive I think to all that sugar, and the inflammatory properties of the sugar and carbs.

Thus I believe that when you are chronic through the kindling effect you become more sensitive to things in your environment that might produce inflamation or hyper-vigilance of the immune system with a low NK response.

Someone make sense of this. TH1 or TH2 makes you feel like crap. I think a high presence of Natural Killer cells down regulates cytokine production? So many details I would love to learn and grasp.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree!! The most important thing YOU can do is eat healthy. That means no sugar, no white foods, etc.

You wanna get well? Then HELP your body!!

http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/

Lyme symptoms list compared with yeast symptoms
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021202.html

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the biggest factor affecting how I feel right now is whether I'm eating low-carb/no-sugar or not. I'm a year into treatment and if I eat well, I am totally symptom-free, and if I eat badly for a few days, I get symptoms. It seems to impact my health more than what pills I take/how often I take them, at the moment. I dont know if it's Lyme or yeast specifically, but my guess is that it's all related somehow.

I don't consider myself very sensitive to foods in general but it really seems like I get Lyme-like symptoms that must be linked to exacerbating yeast somehow.

but- it took me several weeks of being on this kind of diet before I felt consistently great. At this point, very minor lapses (two suppers involving corn tortilla enchiladas, for instance!) stopped causing the 'minor hangover' feeling the next day. I still wouldn't eat a bunch of sugar or even fruit, but a little lapse here and there seems to be tolerable. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Eating low-carb on top of my other treatments seems to be helping me feel completely 'normal'.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the foods I can eat are exactlly the green ones on that list./ except organic butter on broccoli in the morning.

All organge and red are NO.

I used to be just red now Im orange.

I must have yeast then. The LLMD said that last test the IGINEX labwork came back neg for lyme. I only had one band + that he said wasnt lyme indicative. What does this all mean?

Is the LYME still there? or am I dealing with yeast. I do get bad gas when I eat carbs like breads, and sugars. Especially grains. THe whole grain oatmeal I used to have is terrible for this.

I get no gas whatsoever If I stick to veggies and meats and nuts.

Peanuts KILL ME. I used to love these nuts. Now I eat them and I get really weak and then I cant breathe well and I get burning in my feet. OH NO>

Then I just get depressed and start having nasty thoughts and just want to die really.

ALL FROM EATING PEANUTS!!! What the hell does this mean? Is there small alfatoxins in each nut? or am I really allergic. I tend to take the side that every peanut has alfatoxin in it, and I am so sensitive to any mold toxin. Even breating it in it makes my Vertgo worse.

Chronic Verigo going on 3 years with M C S to book. Sounds like a fun ride youd like to take sometime no? Well I tell you what, I can get off the vertigo spinner and you can get on. Ohh,, I can dream of it now. Walking of the spinning wheel onto some solid ground for once.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try using ghee instead of butter. That is what I was told to do by my Tibetan doctor and I can have goat or sheep cheese too just not cow and no starch except brown rice or brown rice noodles. He said starch is really not good for LD and I so agree.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LLMD told me that the Bb gets "active" when we eat sugar, cause they eat it too.

Wakes them up from domant to party mode.

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Why does this post read like I could have written it.

I have the EXACT same reactions. Something funny is going on around here.

What would a duck say? Youre depressed?
Damn!@*(&

quote:
Originally posted by MariaA:
the biggest factor affecting how I feel right now is whether I'm eating low-carb/no-sugar or not. I'm a year into treatment and if I eat well, I am totally symptom-free, and if I eat badly for a few days, I get symptoms. It seems to impact my health more than what pills I take/how often I take them, at the moment. I dont know if it's Lyme or yeast specifically, but my guess is that it's all related somehow.

I don't consider myself very sensitive to foods in general but it really seems like I get Lyme-like symptoms that must be linked to exacerbating yeast somehow.

but- it took me several weeks of being on this kind of diet before I felt consistently great. At this point, very minor lapses (two suppers involving corn tortilla enchiladas, for instance!) stopped causing the 'minor hangover' feeling the next day. I still wouldn't eat a bunch of sugar or even fruit, but a little lapse here and there seems to be tolerable. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Eating low-carb on top of my other treatments seems to be helping me feel completely 'normal'.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why treating yeast is so important:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=053489

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree diet is very important in healing. No sugar & flour, nothing with yeast.

But also what people overlook in putting in our diet is chemicals. Your not going to be able to heal with adding toxins like aspartame & MSG.

Check what is in your DIET Snapple!!!

The only thing I drink is organic herbal tea, lemon water, and just plain old water.

And you may be having a problem with peanuts because of your ongoing yeast problem. Peanuts have alot of mold and that may be why they are bothering you.

Once I got my yeast under control I could actually tolerate some peanuts in my diet, but I usually will only eat other nuts like alomonds, walnuts, peacons etc....

Good luck,
Lisi

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Thank you [Smile]
Penn92
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penn92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting this reminder. I had seriously slidden in the no sugar thing and was having a fair number of Lyme sx return even though I'm still on abx.

I thought it was because we're concentrating on treating babs right now, but starting yesterday I went back on a much better eating plan. I've had more energy, felt better and am much less sleepy/unmotivated than I was before.

Yay and thank you again! [kiss]

--------------------
Getting older is when we would rather not have a good time
than have to get over it. - Oscar Wilde

Posts: 386 | From Radnor, PA - where the ticks run free | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I know....we ALL need reminders to eat right. I've been cheating too. Began to not feel so hot.

Back off the sugar again!! [Razz]

Dar's Toy Story:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=017523

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

*Robin*
Member # 11393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Robin*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand the no sugar, no yeast thing while we are in treatment, but I have always been confused as to whether picking up where we left off before all this would cause the Lyme to come back?

Does anyone know?

Posts: 64 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by *Robin*:
I understand the no sugar, no yeast thing while we are in treatment, but I have always been confused as to whether picking up where we left off before all this would cause the Lyme to come back?

Does anyone know?

Personally, I think it could. It suppresses the immune system and any spirochetes still around will begin their party with the sugar/carbs!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really think im going to be eating brocolli, zuchinin and chicken/turkey for life.

I tried some sunflower butter(like peanut butter but made with sunflowers) it was so filling , and felt great to feel full. But it made me tired and some stiffness. It has some sugar in it like 3grams, and i ate two jars in two days. I also gained much needed weight.

Im just always hungry, no matter what i eat...so i liked it because i felt full.

Im trying some kamut puffs, they dont make me full, but all this protein cant be good on my kidneys, i can eat a large pack of wings and two large chicken breast no problem.

Its frustrating, i see my dad eat boxes of donuts and cakes, and my mom snack on junck, and i cant even eat sunflowr butter [dizzy]

I dont crave sugar, i crave feeling full.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Thanks for the support!!!!

I still realize that I am in MASSIVE denial.

I want to eat and do what tastes and feels good.
Well, thats not the case. What feels good in the moment is not necesarilly good for you.

Ask any addict and they will say the same thing.

quote:

But also what people overlook in putting in our diet is chemicals. Your not going to be able to heal with adding toxins like aspartame & MSG.
[/QB]

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

I love brocolli now cause it causes no symptoms.

Some fatty and greasy foods do it too, I had some beef today and I think the fat in it gave me some symtoms.

I had very bad burning after I ate it.

Lets be a support to each other in GETTING WELL.

Lets rise above temptation and find truth, life, and health, in our temporary body here.

We deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by cantgiveupyet:
I really think im going to be eating brocolli, zuchinin and chicken/turkey for life.

I tried some sunflower butter(like peanut butter but made with sunflowers) it was so filling , and felt great to feel full. But it made me tired and some stiffness. It has some sugar in it like 3grams, and i ate two jars in two days. I also gained much needed weight.

Im just always hungry, no matter what i eat...so i liked it because i felt full.

Im trying some kamut puffs, they dont make me full, but all this protein cant be good on my kidneys, i can eat a large pack of wings and two large chicken breast no problem.

Its frustrating, i see my dad eat boxes of donuts and cakes, and my mom snack on junck, and i cant even eat sunflowr butter [dizzy]

I dont crave sugar, i crave feeling full.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Another thing to watch out for it fruit and carrots.

If I have a bowl of steamed carrots I feel like I want to DIE!!!!!

Strange right? I must be crazy.

In fact we all must be crazy. Just give me some happy pills and on with my miserable life [Smile]

Carrots anyone?

cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No carrots for me either, or sweet potatoes both make me sick.

Dr just stare at me when i say this.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Carrots and peas contain a lot of sugar....and fruit is obviously higher in sugar than BROCCOLI...oh lovely... Don't we LOVE our vegetables!? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peas and carrots, that's nothing!

I've just had in the last 48 hours: loads of coffee with cream AND sugar, birthday cake, pasta with cream sauce, bread, hagen daz vanilla.

I'm horrified even as I type this.

I am doing really well, off abx for two months now. Still have symptoms but I see my tongue is coated. Must be yeast.

It's easy to fall off the wagon when you start feeling better. You want to live a little.

I dont want a lyme relapse. Thanks for the REALITY check.

LC

Posts: 116 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Well, Good for you!
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

BTW your tounge is coated with ICE CREAM! not yeast.
EWT1638
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EWT1638     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it really bad, other than getting FAT, to eat sugar, grains, potatoes ect, if you are not currently on abx?

I drank a glass of wine tonight! It is hard to go out to dinner, a rare ocassion, and not eat what you want. I'm tired of only ordering protein and salad. I had sweet potato french fries... granted... only a few of my husband's plate...Key Lime pie, too.

I feel like I'm at Confession.

I can't handle all that "meat", it is hard to digest. I always used meats like condiments in meal prep.

I don't feel full without some sort of starch (mostly rice). [Roll Eyes] If I don't feel full, I end of eating two bowls of Special K w/ strawberries!

--------------------
When you reach your "wits-end" remember this: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Posts: 397 | From Loudoun County Virginia | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by LC:

I've just had in the last 48 hours: loads of coffee with cream AND sugar, birthday cake, pasta with cream sauce, bread, hagen daz vanilla.

[Big Grin] As long as you're horrified, there is HOPE!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by EWT1638:
Is it really bad, other than getting FAT, to eat sugar, grains, potatoes ect, if you are not currently on abx?
I feel like I'm at Confession.

Depends upon YOUR body. But after 4 yrs of abx, my gut is still not good at keeping out the "bad" yeast.

I think we have to strike a balance, but if you begin to feel bad, cut back on the starches. And sugar is never a good option.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Well, I, like alot of people on this board get a hangover from a sip of alcohol.

YES A SIP.

I too used to be able to drink, one two or ten beers.

Now a couple swigs and I get stabbing burning pains and feel hungover. Is that bad?>????

You tell me.

If you felt this way after booze and sugar you wouldnt have it. Believe me. Consider yourself blessed and lucky!

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just purchased a book by Sherry Rogers MD titled "Pain Free in 6 weeks".

The very first thing she talked about was nightshade plants. Potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, green red and yellow peppers, cayenne pepper, paprika and curry.

This pertains to people with inflamation and joint pain. It has nothing to do with yeast issues. That's a separate deal.

Apparently some chemical in the nightshade plants aggrevates inflamation. In addition to avoiding the actual plant, you have to avoid any food that has potato starch etc in the ingredients.

Very hard to eat out and avoid it all but she says 75-80% of people have an allergy to this chemical and just cutting out these foods clears up their pain 100%.

Point is, food has alot to do with how we feel and how strong or weak our immune system is.

I have only just begun the book but here again is a diet connection to illness.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

When I was very sick as a teenager I went to a holistic doc and they did muscle testing on foods.

ANyway, I cut out dairy and lots of other stuff.

I felt just as bad, in fact no better!

What I didnt cut out was sugar. In fact I was drinking soy milk which has sugar in it.

Today I have problems with soy. I feel terrible after I drink it. Turns out I have a sensitivity to soy. Could be the hexane in it?

I test strong to sugar though. Strange huh?

Im not going to let this topic go. You opened up a can of worms..

Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NK cells DROP NORMALLY in the presence of a LOT of lactic acid...as what happens when sugar is being processed.

NK cells DROP NORMALLY (and all of the neurotransmitters) during a LOT of strenuous exercise (like 90 minutes of intense exercise).

This is WHY marathon runners bulk up on complex carbs or now...chocolate milk (sugar + Ca + Mg) prior to running. Then the lactic acid buildup is delayed. The cells have enough glucose and enough minerals to sustain them longer.

NK cells WORK in an alkaline environment. They THEN squirt precancerous cells with a powerful free radical to destroy it.

In an ACIDIC environment...not needed. The ENTIRE system is acidic.

We look to have to get alkaline FIRST in order to TARGET a pathogen containing cell.

Research glycolysis...notice step#1 and watch for "hex"...

If we halt glycolysis just because Bb is using glucose...we will destroy the cells it is in too.

Too many too fast...not good!!!

Kill the pathogen...and preserve the cell...is the ideal.

Get Cl back in the cells...and Mg...and esp. K.

Cancer cells use only glucose. Not glucose + OXYGEN. They are high in lactic acid. They have few mitochondria left (most have been destroyed). They are UNDERMETHYLATED.

Which form of oxygen needs to go back into those cells.

I highly suspect O3.

Can NOT breathe this!!!

d-ribose is a 5 carbon sugar that is needed to make RNA. It differs from DNA via only ONE oxygen molecule...RNA has that extra oxygen molecule.

I suspect this is a good thing...

d-ribose is very protective from a cardiac standpoint.

I suspect it combines with nitrogen -> NO (nitric oxide) to dilate the vessels...to deliver MORE nutrients.

Muscle cells (our heart muscle) need long chain fatty acids - Omega 3s. They are carried into the cells via a form of carnitine.

Body builders know this.

Men have more carnitine in their system than women do...more muscle...more mitochondria in muscle. This looks to HELP them when it comes to lyme...they are more protected from the get-go than are women.

But...this has to do with estriol. A small, harmful form of estrogen.

Men and women both have both testosterone and estrogen...just at different levels. Estrogen receptors are everywhere...including in our brains.

Information overloaded yet?

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

It seems that in your mind its working but at the other end it seems like random strings of concurrence's and separated happenings in metabolic pathology

I just want to know the best diet.

From experience for me veggies and protein work the best.

If I dont eat for more then 12 hours I feel sick as my blood sugar drops. Either that or im releasing toxins form my fat cells.

Breads, Sugar, Dairy, Soy all give me stabbing burning pains, fatigue, and brain fog as well as worsen my allergies.

On a separate subject. Anything that raises acetylcholine I.E.: DMAE, Piracetam, Choline, Acetyl-l-Caritine makes my brain fog worse as well as my chemical sensitivities. This never used to happen 5+ years ago. I used to wake up from piraetam. Now I get nervous, more sensitive to smells, my blood pressure seems to go up and I get very tired and have to lay down.

There was a study on people who had MCS and it correlated to excessive amounts of acetylcholine.

Im not having a clear day. Forgive me.

Vanilla
Unregistered

I am on a diet my Tibetan doctor gave me. Some of the things he says to avoid are peanuts, night shade plants, nut butters unless you make them fresh yourself or make them fresh yourself at the health food store and no zuchs!

Also no gluten, no sugar, no cow dairy and no condiments. No starch unless it is brown rice or brown rice noodles. No spices - they are not good for inflammation and no garlic.

To the person eating kumat there is gluten in it so avoid it if you can.

Since I have been on this diet it has helped me until I recently started eating a tad too much fruit and drinking watered down cherry juice. Now I seem to have developed a skin fungus from my lastest eating habits.

It is hard to give up Thai mango with sticky rice and I do like a bit of fresh pineapple once in a while but obviously my body does not.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

THis sounds like a very simmilar diet that im on.

I will eat, small amounts of brown rice. A cup or so.

Indulgence with Lyme or Yeast or Mycoplasma is not good.

I still dont know what Marnie is getting at.
She is obviouslly on a different level.

Allbeit where her brain is working well.
God bless her [Smile]

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Pineapple kills me.

It is so sweet to taste though right?

I used to indulge in sweets and then take a muscle relaxer for the neuropathy.

How stupid is that. I gota clean up the infection and the gut.

LC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a bad headache today.

I think my indulgences caught up with me.

Lesson learned.

LC

Posts: 116 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

[group hug] LC!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Ha Ha,, This makes me feel good that it caught up with you.

I MUST be sick [bonk] [Eek!]

Same with me, if not that day then a couple days later I will notcie something for the worse.

quote:
Originally posted by LC:

I am doing really well, off abx for two months now. Still have symptoms but I see my tongue is coated. Must be yeast.

It's easy to fall off the wagon when you start feeling better. You want to live a little.

I dont want a lyme relapse. Thanks for the REALITY check.

LC

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Whats the best diet then.

Am I crazy to think that the best diet differs from body to body?

Am I crazy to ponder the possiblity that we need to avoid sugars, flours and even fruit for some of us?

A glass of OJ for me is like a glass of Coke.

Burning in my, feet.

Does this mean that I have Diabetes? The doc never said I have diabetes.

mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best diet for Lymies is no "bad carbs". Lowfat meat and veggies are good. Fruit is OK in moderation if you don't have yeast issues. Only whole grain products (like bread, rice). Ezekial bread (made from sprouted grains) is best. I make bread crumbs from this bread, too.

I'm not good with veggies so my husband and I "juice". We use cucumber, spinache, carrots, bok choy, beets and celery. An aquired taste but now I LOVE it.

Lately we have been making fruit smoothies with only Plain Organic Yogurt and fruit. Yummie.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Carrot juice wrecks me.

I get burning from it.

It might seem that I get burning from a lot, but

I can eat eggs with no burning.
I can drink coffee no big problems.
I can eat a HUGE bowl of broccoli with butter and no symptoms.

Soy does it
Lots of dairy does it
Sugar does it
Fruit does it
Excersise brings it on also.

Cats claw and host defense do it too!

Sometimes I dont know if its herx or diet or stress?

Vanilla
Unregistered

Gluten free is important which rules out whole grain bread and most breads. What LD patient on abx does not have yeast issues?

Veggies and protein and no carbs or just a tiny bit of brown rice or brown rice noodles works for me. Starch is bad for LD and also bad for yeast.

On another LD website the same people keep complaining over and over again about their symptoms getting way worse but they either refuse to do a yeast free diet or they barely try to do one.

Sometimes I feel like shaking them and saying wake up or stop complaining about your yeast symptoms etc. I know we all slip up once in a while but these people really do not seriously even attempt to do a yeast free diet.

For anyone eating yogurt with fruit or sweetner in it will not supply you with probiotics.

Good diet changes makes a giant difference in your health.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Thats what Im trying to say.!

I think Marnie just got me all fired up with all her technical pathological jargon. [confused]

All the technical explaining she can do cannot account for the way we FEEL.

Yea, serotonin , dopamine, Monoamine agonists, Axon terminals, Brain lipofuscin, all that crap,,,, we are just looking at the effect there.

[lol] [Smile]

clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeherx -- I think Marnie was trying to say that while we don't need tons of sugar, we do need some, otherwise the cells will die along with Bb, which would not be a good situation.

Then I think she believes d-ribose is a good choice as a healthy sugar for the cell (?), as it somehow combines with NO, which Bb does not like. Bb likes sugar, but without any oxygen...

Maybe d-ribose allows other nutrients to get into the cells like magnesium and potassium. And fatty acids are also needed for cellular health, but we can't process them without carnitine. She says that females make less carnitine then males, so if we are female, we might seriously consider supplementing.

I think that is how I am understanding it... but hopefully she will correct me if I am wrong.

Marnie... she will either make us insane or raise our IQ's without our consent [Mad] .

But I do know this... since I have added a little grapefruit juice to my diet I feel that I am absorbing nutrients better, as mentioned on a previous thread.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Yes, I get the point that there are Many many types of sugar. If Im wrong correct me.

There is more then glucose, fructose, sucrose...

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

grapefruit is low in sugar, no? Isint that acidic? Or would this be in the way that a lemon is and would actually lower my PH?

Anyway I just bought 7 bags of organic broccoli.
I think this will last me the next 5 days.

The woman at the checkout was "you shure like broccoli" I didnt even bother getting into it.
I Just said IM having a broccoli party. [Smile]

I do plan on eating alot of it. Its good for detoxing as well as being high in fiber. I get an energy boost after eating it which is RARE with me for food.

Usually I feel best when I dont eat anything at all for about 16 hours. Then I get panicy and dizzy,,,

Just the sugar and bread part still bums me. But I dont want to be attached. Im allready a different person out there in ther world, why not just go with it.

If this happened to them , they wouldnt know what the hell to do!

MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmm... broccoli stem cole slaw...

--------------------

Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

This reminds me not to make food my entertainment.

Americans LOVE to make food their main source of entertainment.

I have a piano I could buy, a keyboard I can practice, and this damn computer that never works right to fix and load programs.

Books Books Books, I could read all my books 3 times.

Who needs to eat anyway?

My teenage years are over. No more sitting in front of the TV with a big jar of jiffy and caressing every spoonful.

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

This reminds me not to make food my entertainment.

Americans LOVE to make food their main source of entertainment.

I have a piano I could buy, a keyboard I can practice, and this damn computer that never works right to fix and load programs.

Books Books Books, I could read all my books 3 times.

Who needs to eat anyway?

My teenage years are over. No more sitting in front of the TV with a big jar of jiffy and caressing every spoonful.

Vanilla
Unregistered

For those eating soy it is very hard to digest and people with type O blood do not do well with it.

Soy is really not good for you in my opinion. Go to soy online and find out why:

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/

clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeherx -- once my PA/NP (physicians assistant/naturopath) referred me to a GI specialist because of the sensitivity and burning that I felt with many foods. They did an endoscopy and biopsy and said they didn't find anything.

But the GI specialist felt that I needed serotonin, which my PA/NP agreed with. My PA/NP also told me to take L-Glutamine. Both seem to help maintain the strength or integrity of the intestines or intestinal lining or both (a little confusion on my part as to the exact way they work).

Also, I think my PA/NP said that sometimes estrogen and/or progesterone may also play a part.

Maybe you can ask your own health care practitioner about some of this? It seems to make sense to try to find ways to strengthen the area until we get lyme under control.

Oh yes, and grapefruit juice is not for everyone, especially if your GI tract is still sensitive. It works for me, somehow. But mainly it was just an example to show how sugars might help, per Marnie's research (if, in fact, I understood her research correctly).

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrsdizzy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrsdizzy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a great diet! The only thing I was wondering about is, it says yogurt is red and to avoid. I thought it was good to eat yogurt when on abx, no? What about plain yogurt mixed with nuts and raspberries? hummmm. I need to follow some kind of diet, because I definately do notice if I eat bad, I feel even crappier!

Thanks for the info!

--------------------
"don't ever write anyone off, you'll never know who or what they will become"

Posts: 115 | From la la land | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

If you're talking about wholeapproach.com , they strongly discourage dairy foods due to the common allergies that people sometimes have to them. Part of their diet is about getting rid of or uncovering hidden food allergies that are (according to that theory of candida) part of the problem for why people's bodies can't easily get rid of systemic candida.

They of course also sell probiotics, so take that listing with a grain of salt. It looks to me that they're pretty unbiased despite selling 'stuff', though.

--------------------

Herbal Links Thread

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla:
Gluten free is important which rules out whole grain bread and most breads. What LD patient on abx does not have yeast issues?

... Starch is bad for LD and also bad for yeast.

On another LD website the same people keep complaining over and over again about their symptoms getting way worse but they either refuse to do a yeast free diet or they barely try to do one.

Sometimes I feel like shaking them and saying wake up or stop complaining about your yeast symptoms etc. I know we all slip up once in a while but these people really do not seriously even attempt to do a yeast free diet.

For anyone eating yogurt with fruit or sweetner in it will not supply you with probiotics. [/QB]

And that yogurt usually contains too much sugar. If you buy the low carb, then you get ARTIFICIAL sugar....not a good choice either.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Heres a little bump.

today's diet

3 eggs in morning

Mesclun salad with onions cucumbers
chicken salad, a little fried broccoli
LOTS of extra virgin olive oil and salt

Almonds
Broccoli for dinner.

How does that sound. That me every day.

Taking caprylic acid all along and psyllium when I get that metallic taste in my mouth,,, drank it and it went away. Must have been some toxin.

I feel better tonight then I did this morning despite the same moldy house. To the average person it would be (slightlly musty) to me its OMG im Going TO DIE, but I cant MOVE!!!! I cant get up too tired.<<<<<<<<<<<
Vanilla
Unregistered

I was forced to live in moldy places too before being diagnosed and my new place has a moldy under the kitchen sink area as well which I have cleaned and yet the mold is right back and stinking to high heaven.

I hope the onions in your cucumber salad are cooked?

I am on a diet to lower inflammation and the only onions that are allowed are cooked only.

clairenotes
Member # 10392

Lymeherx -- for the longest time it seemed I could only tolerate chicken or fish and salad (no onions). My range has been expanded over the last year and a half with treatment.

Vanilla -- there was a thread a week or so back on mold and in my research I found that ozone can help clear mold. Search using key words "mold."

I have one and though I have never used it for the type of situation you describe, I do use it for cleaning veggies, washing down counter-tops, ozonated baths (lovely). It has a lot of practical uses. I think there may be instructions on how to make an ozonater if you google this, otherwise it is a bit costly ($200, maybe).

I just don't recommend drinking ozonated water.

Claire

sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White meats and veggies, okay???

I can't be a vegan because my body doesn't do well on any starchy veggies/fruit/grains,etc.

Don't eat red meat and try to use Stevia instead of other sweeteners.

Too much seafood is high in mercury and other toxins...

I'M HUNGRY!!!! [Roll Eyes]

Although....

I could stand to lose a few ten pound weights around my waist!!! [lol]

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement