LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Damage from Cell Phones (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Damage from Cell Phones
Greatcod
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, human brain waves and neural interactions are electromagnetic, so it this energy that is the cause of all of society's problems.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
butchieboo
Unregistered

Tailz,

If you indeed respect others inteligence...why oh why do you constantly ignore their advice.

You seem to be a touch confused as to what is a compulsion and obsession.

You're attempting to diagnose yourself...which is something that a truly sick individual would do in order to arrive at their own conclusions.

I may have to start going along with Cavey...
You and JB don't care about anything at all accept keeping people occupied with endless threads.

Oh yes, perhaps one other thing. Putting stuff on threads and posts that are so far fetched that anyone who would quote "a lymenet source or contributor" could claim that we are all a bunch of nutbags...

BB

[ 04. August 2007, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Jenifer ]

treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tailz:
I found this, too:

Who invented wireless internet?

Heck that was Al Gore [Big Grin]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

boomerang - I'm sure newbies will feel really welcome here with a post like that.

If you don't like my posts, just ignore them. Simple. Not everybody feels the same as you do.

clairenotes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This disease can be extremely overwhelming and especially if you believe that EMF's are the entire cause because there really is no easy solution other than small changes we can make in our homes.

But there are things we do have control over, like choices of what to put into our bodies, and smoking adds a great burden!

This article includes a list of the toxins in cigarettes as identified by the Department of Health. Please note each one with special attention to the metals:

http://www.medicalpoint.com.au/the-toxins-in-cigarettes.asp

If an active mind needs something to do (which is one way of looking at OCD) let it be to change the things we do have control over, that will be fruitful. And you still have a lot of opportunities to increase your health! Let this be your single-minded focus or preoccupation.

Because, unfortunately, lyme demands from us a fairly pure existence. It is not very forgiving when we add more problems to the mix. What comes as a surprise, however, is that the changes we make can have an extremely profound effect, even small ones. And this provides the motivation to keep on going.

I feel this is a 'bootstrap' thing!

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
butchieboo
Unregistered

Gee thanks Claire,

I wholeheartedly disagree with you as far as smoking being a "bootstrap" thing!

Smoking is an addiction.
Physical and psychological.

Furthermore.

I,Personally,don't think one can pinpoint or intentionally direct one's O/C behavior, to accomplish what you have suggested.

If I have misunderstood. And your comment and attachment of "bootstrap" as being not just pertaining to her, quitting smoking, but to encompass and modify, her whole lifestyle.

Then I must confess. I don't see how someone as sick as she could be expected to "pull herself up by the bootstraps", as it were, by any stretch of the imagination.

Have you, Claire, ever been REALLY addicted to anything.
Have you ever been, REALLY, mentally ill?

Please!

Bootstraps indeed!

BB

clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1976-1981 -- one pack of cigarettes per day
1979-1990 -- anxiety and panic attacks

I hope my c.v. is satisfactory enough to make my own opinions somewhat credible to you.

Sometimes just changing the focus of our preoccupations can be of great help such as becoming actively involved in researching and learning other ways in which one can improve health, whether through necessary medications, remedies, etc., and/or making behavior changes. Switching focus, in itself, can sometimes be an act of will (a bootstrap thing).

And physical changes in health have been known to have profound effects on mental well-being, such as quitting smoking. I would not use the term mental illness here because I do not think it applies.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listenswithcare
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listenswithcare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I checked into this thread to read about "Damage from Cell Phones".

Seems like no one is talking about that here much lately. Maybe we can get back on track?

Robin

Posts: 276 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Tailz:
The KEY word here is "surrounded". You are NOT putting them into your lungs. AND/OR the rest of your body. As you do with the putrid smoke.
##

Quote by Tailz:

clairenotes - Thanks for the link. The problem is not one of those chemicals found in cigarettes is exclusive to cigarettes alone. I started looking up other sources of each one of these compounds, and I'm literally surrounded by every one of them, whether or not I continue to smoke.
###

Jim [Cool]

tailz
Unregistered

By the way, I have always held my phone to the left side of my head. And up until recently, I'd been using a cordless phone - which is every bit as LETHAL to humans.
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tailz,

How long have you been EMF sensitive?

I started to get EMF sensitive January 5th, 2006, It started to get better when I was in Babesia treatment, then went back on lyme antibiotics.

I now have EMF really bad again, it started up again after 6 weeks of Rifampin, I dont know why, I am waiting for teh LLMD to treat me again for babesia, this made it better, it has been a living HELL to have it again, and it makes one just go INSANE.

INSANE, and if it goes on too long, I would think one could go nuts from it, one cannot go anywhere really, you become obessive about things, like you are,

so, I know that it can make one nuts because of being so ill, you go nuts from being ill from it, because you cannot take it anymore,

just like being sick all the time,

I am telling you what helped me, I told you to try babesia treatment,

Get your LLMD to get you on clindamycin and quinine.

Minocycline made my EMF worse sometimes, I dont know why, it exacerbated it.

Clindamycin and quinine allowed me to watch TV again, are you sick from TV?

or computers? Clindamyinc and quinine got me better so I could talk on PHONE, and TV and computer.

Minocycline made it worse sometimes.

Try the combo I suggest, and then see what happens.

or Mepron and a macrolide.

Plaquinil and minocyline I took for EMF for a while and it made me SOOOOO sick from EMF, it made me worse,

Try the combo that made me better from EMF,

I told you to do this, it made me better, why are you not doing it?

WHY? really, what is the reason,

why live the EMF hell if you dont have to???

Are you thinking that EMF is the cause of you?

I personally dont think so, it is low immune or screwed up system, otherwise everyone woudl be sick,

and everyone is NOT, I live with others and know others that are sane and well from EMF.

ALSO, how many cigarettes do you smoke a day?

Trish

[ 02. August 2007, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Health ]

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is all over the map!

I do know, though, that there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that a certain percentage of chronically ill people are particularly sensitive to EMFs -- much more so than the average, healthy person.

If any of you are truly interested, do some reading on electromagnetic psychotronic weapons... I mean true research -- go to the patent office, and look up the patents -- read about the testing/use of various electromagnetic frequencies with the intent of disturbing human behavior, beaming thoughts into peoples' heads, etc. THIS IS NOT MADE UP! Look into the research that was being done during the cold war (and beyond), funded by our government/CIA, with just such intent. Google "electronic warfare" for starters, and look into the research on cold-war era mind control experiments.... this stuff exists, and I doubt it would have been developed and funded if some of the greatest minds in science didn't think there was some validity to it.

Look, too, into HAARP, GWEN, VTERPE -- our atmosphere is being bombarded constantly by EMFs -- and I fear that cell phones are the least of our worries in that regard....

I know I probably sound like a conspiracy nut, to those who are not in the know about this stuff -- but if you do the reading, from the standpoint of a careful and methodical researcher, it is difficult to dismiss this issue out of hand.

I'm not of the mind that all of society's problems have been caused by EMFs, by any means ... but they can't be good for us, especially in huge doses. For folks who are EMF sensitive, they can be a living hell.

Please, folks -- can we have some respect for one another? Anyone who has lived with these conditions for any length of time has probably embarked on a search for an answer to his or her problems.... and sometimes that leads us off the traditional medical research path, and into other avenues.

One final thought: If we were to accept the mainstream literature wholesale, without questioning it or doing any further reading, we'd all believe that chronic lyme didn't exist, and that anything left over after a few weeks' treatment was "post-lyme syndrome", or fibromyalgia, or hypochondriasis, or some such thing.

If you are going to speak to these topics, please: First, do the reading, and then(as JimBoB so wisely says)

THINK

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

I've heard that, too! That our government was experimenting with frequencies they found were capable of altering human behavior.

Do I have proof that any of it is true? Nope. Not yet. But you better believe I'm going to do some more reading up on it before I trash the theory - as far out there as it may seem.

And your logic shines through when you remind us that 'mainstream' science denies the existence of chronic Lyme. That's enough for me.

You don't happen to have any websites in particular about these patents and so forth, do you?

lymesblue
Member # 3550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Butch E Boo!

I think you should eat some more twinkies! This way we can be sure that you will no longer make such rude comments on this board!

Posts: 51 | From Roanoke,Va | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesblue
Member # 3550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Butch E Boo!

I think you should eat some more twinkies! This way we can be sure that you will no longer make such rude comments on this board!

Posts: 51 | From Roanoke,Va | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

I don't think my metals are going to go anywhere. Why? Because I NEED iron and copper to survive, and these dangerous fields are causes these necessary nutrients (metals) to behave in a way that is unnatural.
JimBoB
Unregistered

Good Post Vision. I KNOW sitting at the computer is really bad for my vision. IT gets blurred after a couple hours here. When i am away from it it is good.

Glad I got an LCD Tv in here now.

Do the screens give off all the EMF's or does the actual PC give it off too. IF I got rid of these CRT's would my problem be cut in half or more, or what?

Thanks,
jim. [Cool]

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 6 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....If you didn't have all this stuff you wouldn't know you shouldn't have it so you'd undoubtedly go out and buy it only to find out you ought to get rid of it but then how would you know what stuff to get rid of if you did???
Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm! I think your right. But not sure. If I did not have what I am not suppose to have I would not know I am not supposed to have it.

I think your on to something. But I am not sure what it is. That ought to help the brain fog just thinking about it.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

So what's a better way to go-sticking my head in a gas oven, or sticking my head in a microwave?

If the answer's a microwave I need to go out and get a bigger one.

BTW- who here has a microwave? Now tell the truth Tailz.

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Microwave your head or use the gas oven? I guess that would depend if you would wish to brown your head to a nice golden color or just cook it.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement