LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mystery ER Tonight???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mystery ER Tonight???
brf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Received a notice a while ago (I forget which group so I can recheck) saying Brooke Landau (with Lyme) was going to be on Mystery ER tonight (August 25th)8:oo pm.

I can't seem to find it listed in our area. I see Mystery Diagnosis is on tonight at an earlier time but is this the same program as Mystery ER? Does anyone know any more details?
Would this be Discovery Health Channel do you think?

Thanks,
bf

Posts: 191 | From Ontario | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wondering the same thing.
Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scared08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I just looked at listing on Dis. Health channel. Mystery ER in on at 8:00 EST, and then Mystery DX in on afterwards I think.

I read what it supossed to be about though and it says, something about a swimmer and then somethin about a Heart Attack. I'm sorry as there's a lot inbetween all of that, I just can't remember.

Posts: 351 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notkrazybrian
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notkrazybrian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok folk just to let you know its not on tonite. ites episode is about A MALE swimmer, with that being said i think thats enough info, to show its not airing tonite. brian
Posts: 217 | From Everywhere | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone:

According to this website (the acress playing Brooke) it's on tonight and it says the correct name of the episode.

The first part is probably a different case and Brooke's is probably on the second part of the show. (same as when WildCondor's was aired). Just guessin'.

http://melissaleigh.net/

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ConnieMc
Member # 191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConnieMc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is on ... right now. I just turned it on and the subject is named Brooke and she is very ill and I heard the word Lyme.
Posts: 2276 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, it was on. I thought I had it saved, but messed up! I was watching Under Our Skin instead!

Anybody know when it will be on again? They usually repeat it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnexpectedIlls
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15144

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnexpectedIlls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep I just watched it... Not sure when it will be on again..

--------------------
"You'll be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought it was the end"

Posts: 946 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clint31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clint31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if it was on (I dont get discovery health) can you summarize it?

--------------------
DX'ed Lyme Disease: 7/7/2008
DX'ed Babesia, Epstein Barr, Liver Parasite 8/15/2013.

Posts: 739 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ConnieMc
Member # 191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConnieMc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's on again tonight at 11 PM ET.
Posts: 2276 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it the same Brooke who was on Intervention before who had to take lots of pain pills or is that another Brooke? Mine is not on for at least another hour here.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ConnieMc:
It's on again tonight at 11 PM ET.

Thanks!!!

It's Brooke Landau, newscaster.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

It is not the same Brooke who was on Intervention.
Curiouser
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curiouser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The program title was called "Eating Away" and the segment was called "A Model's Malady".

The lyme segment was the first one on.

It'll be on again September 12th.

Here's the schedule:
http://health.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=62.15335.123677.30743.1

Overall, it wasn't bad. I was shocked (pleasantly surprised) they said lyme was a "dangerous disease".

They even had the doctor say the testing was only about 50% accurate, although they didn't specify which test.

Most shows aren't usually that honest. Maybe they're finally catching on. [Wink]

--------------------
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carroll

Posts: 356 | From Body-PA, Mind-elsewhere | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

My favorite line in the show was when the ER doctor said that "Lyme Disease is notoriously difficult to treat."

Take that IDSA!

What a tradgedy that they didn't diagnose her when they first suspected Lyme.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Curiouser:

They even had the doctor say the testing was only about 50% accurate, although they didn't specify which test.

I believe she referred to it as a "screening test"... (the ELISA)

I thought the program was GREAT!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those who missed it like I did, it will be on again it will be on again:

Sept. 12th 10pm episode name "Eating Away"

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was surprised so much faith was placed in the urine test - said it was accurate? If that's the case - why wouldn't we all just take a simple urine test?

Interesting how symptomatic she was and yet failed all her WB tests. She was very lucky she had a PCP with some awareness and a ID md who was actually willing to treat her long term!

All considered - I thought it was a good program for "Lyme Awareness".

Peedie

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I'm pretty sure that was the Lyme Dot ( urine test by Igenex ) she had... what used to be known as the Lyme Blot. It's not all that accurate either, so she got lucky.

The ID dr who gave her the IV and HBOT was really an LLMD. ( I think... relying on my bad memory here. )

Her story:

http://www.canlyme.com/landau2004.html
http://lymeblog.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1263

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few questions...how did Brooke find a LLMD who was willing to do all that expensive treatment for free? [Smile] That would be an utter miracle.

I think the episode should have discussed her treatment a bit more and progress.

The episode was very good. It made me question my Dx somewhat because I never have had fevers, paralysis, and other symptoms Brooke has.

In the back of my head, I wondered if Lyme is overdiagnosed if these symptoms came on so suddenly for Brooke. There are so many cases you hear where the symptoms are no where near what Brooke experienced. This whole thing is so confusing honestly.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Seekhelp...EVERYONE'S Lyme symptoms are different. Anything on the list of symptoms can show up.

You can have ONE symptom or all of them. Ya never know.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Michele
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michele     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my friends was telling me about this and a urine test they ran to diagnose.

Unfortunatley, I didn't get to see the show.

Does anyone know what the test is called?

Do you know if it will be ran again or how I might find it on the internet?

Posts: 124 | From Indiana | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

My Igenex urine test was negative and in my mind a waste of money at least for me.
Peedie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15355

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Peedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is called the Lyme Dot Blot and is $400.00 with Igenex. I ordered it but don't know how I'm going to pay for it.

It would be a BIG dissappointment if it didn't test positive.

Thing is...the tests, treatment - all so expensive and I did not test positive in the WB with Igenix.

How could I stand a chance of reimbursement with my insurance company - if I don't test positive - somewhere?

At least my daughter tested positive on her WB.

Posts: 641 | From So. CA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement