LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone have the formula for Farah's Lymessence oil?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone have the formula for Farah's Lymessence oil?
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've bought this from her in the past, but she's apparently moved and has no plans at present to continue making it. The last time I contacted her to order more, she let me know this, but said that if I wanted, she'd send me the formula. I said "that would be great", but then I never heard from her.

The last time I tried emailing her, her old email address no longer worked.

I still have an empty bottle, so I guess I could test out doing equal proportions of the essential oils in a grapeseed oil base, but would feel better if I had the proper proportions.

Thanks for any help.

Patti

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, for anyone interested, there's a recipe on Lyme-Aid Buhner's yahoo group that I think is taken from Farah's recipe.

That recipe is:

"The oils are:
Eucalyptus, lemon, frankincense, patchouli, geranium, and thyme essential oils
which
comprise 20% of the formula in equal amounts and
The other 80% is a base - I'm using grapeseed oil."

This would be 4ml of each oil mixed with 80ml of grapeseed oil to make a total of 100ml.

The person posting the recipe says it's working well.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Aid_Buhner/message/10821

The only difference is that Farah's oil also contains lemon and lavendar, and the eucalyptus is specified as eucalyptus globulus. I still have an almost empty bottle of Farah's oil and these are the only two ingredients listed on the label that are not in the recipe above. I think the proportions seem about correct, because I recall reading in previous post by Farah that she found that a concentration of 20-25% essential oils was needed to be really effective. That means that 20-25ml of 100ml of the mixture would be comprised of essential oils.

Like many other treatments, some essential oils can have toxicities, and there's a lot of literature that would warn against using this concentration of essential oils, so just be aware.

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
psano,

Thanks for finding that info and sharing. I also have an almost empty bottle of Farah's oil that I was planning on reordering.

This oil seems somewhat helpful if I used it on hubby's stomach and chest, but causes really severe herxes if I try it on his neck or spinal column.

Remember if you try this oil to just use 3 - 5 drops to start. Just go slow until you see how you tolerate it.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There must be something in the air...

I have been trying to reach Farah as well in the last couple of weeks with e-mails only to be returned and a web address that is no longer valid.

Thanks so much for posting this formula.

Farah favored this website for purchase of the essential oils and hydrosols.

http://www.av-at.com/

Claire

[ 25. December 2008, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: clairenotes ]

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lemon and lavender were among her favorites, specially lemon.

She was right, it works well with cleansing.

I was a great fan of Farah's blends and am very thankful for her. The mix she proposed (I think Psano is right, following my memory) can work for different purposes, from killing to cleansing, on muscles, headaches, chest complaints, liver, kidney, it helps lymph moving and so on.

I always recurred to them from times to times, they smelled good for me. I think I added more of lemon and less of thyme, and that was my prefered blend.

On the liver and pancreas, it always felt good!

Thanks for having posted the blend again. It is still here in lymenet, in the archives, at the time she was still activelly posting.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't remember the recipe for Farah's oil, so i made up something like it, which i used one time, and it worked!

It was: 1 tsp olive oil, then 2 drops each (amounting to a little less than 1/4 tsp altogether) of Eucalyptus, Citronella, Peppermint, Geranium, and Thyme.

My ribs in one patch had been getting sorer for 10 days until at times i couldn't sleep at night because it hurt to breathe. I don't know if it was caused by lyme? or babesia?

So i applied the oil. Next morning, dramatic improvement! Ever since then, about 6 weeks, the rib patch area has been slightly sore at night, but didn't get very sore again.

---from pamois.

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Citronella was not inside, that I remember. But the mix sounds good anyway.

the way the skin absorbs the oil is fantastic, isn't it?

I have other oils that also help, one is called Olbas, it's a Chinese mix sold over the counter here in Germany and Switzerland. It does catch borrelia, as muscle pains stopped many times after rubbing it. Strong peppermint too and other few ingredients.

Here are the ingredients:
clove oil, eucalyptus, juniper berry and cajuput.

The only problem is the cold feeling after. I prefer then Farah's blend, much nicer. But as mine finished, I just rubbed Olbas, it also worked.

Rubbed, these stuff are much faster than ingested.

Olbas rubbed behind the neck (where the skull ends) opens a stuffed nose almost immediately.

If you guys would like to try another magic potion for the liver: cilantro tincture. Rubbed on the liver, it saved me many times of pains, the pain is gone immediately.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Just wanted to add: I don't think Farah's oil was meant for internal use. Especially use more cautiously if you're thinking of using it on a child, as their organs will not tolerate chemicals as well as an adult.
Brussels
Member # 13480

She said she ingested them only in minor amounts (one drop or so). She is brave, in my opinion.

My lyme doctor told me no way to ingest these stuff, too strong, they tested very bad for me ingested but tested good rubbed on the skin (ART).

This stuff is powerful, I keep reading on my bottles, 'dangerous if ingested' ('can cause serious lung problems').

Another dangerous oil is cilantro essential oil (not the tincture). Only sniffed, it can move heavy metals all around, I believe. Hubby almost collapsed because I kept rubbing it on my body and he sniffed it once just by entering the living room and got into real trouble about an hour later.

I love cilantro essential oil though, but I have been on chelation for more than 2 years now. I can sniff it without problems!

Brussels
Member # 13480

Psano, you are right concerning children.

Stronger oils like peppermint, even eucaliptus are not indicated for them. One has to read before using, even rubbed only, on children.

Things like lavander, lemon, no problem though.

clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Myrrh Essential Oil

'Gift of the Magi' bears anti-cancer agents, researchers suggest

Public release date: 4-Dec-2001

http://www.younglivingsuccess.com/2004/12/myrrh_essential.html

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

MRSA and essential oil study, Manchester, England

http://www.isohealthynaturally.com/Articles/EssentialOilsCombatsMRSA.html

Claire

Brussels
Member # 13480

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=054139

An old thread from Farah, she speaks about the oils she used...

Brussels
Member # 13480

This is also good, lots of info directly from Farah.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=042308

clairenotes
Member # 10392

Lemon Essential Oil (uses and studies cited):

http://www.articlesbase.com/alternative-medicine-articles/amazing-uses-of-lemon-essential-oil-441486.html

Claire

pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know essential oils are dangerous internally in small quantities.

If they are, how come reputable companies sell oregano oil pills and peppermint oil pills?

I take an oregano oil pill and a peppermint oil pill 3 times a day with meals.

What is supposed to happen ? --- i have no symptoms yet.

But, i also have no digestive problems with high-dose antibiotics, so my insides seem pretty resistant.

---from pamois.

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Regarding the above-mentioned dilutions... I found that I had to add in more of the oils to make it feel as though it was as strong as the original formula Farah made. So for me, the dilution was at least 25/75, or even closer to 30/70.

Claire

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-up-
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement