LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » It's that I don't WANT to sleep- sleep problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's that I don't WANT to sleep- sleep problem
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's 2 AM. I've been lower than a snakes belly all day, dragging my poor bum around like it was made of lead.

Now I am wide awake.. chugging along with the Eagles and wearing out the seat of my chair dancing.

I COULD go to bed.. but now that I feel energetic.. I don't WANT to go.

What is wrong with this picture?

And here is the BIG question...

Will I ever be normal?

[lol]

So put me on a highway.. show me a sign...

And Take It

To The Limit

One more time.

You can spend all your life making money

You can spend all your love making time

If it all falls to pieces tomorrow...

Would you still be mine?

Take it to the limit... Take it to the limit...Take it to the limit...

One more time.......

Take it to the limit... Take it to the limit... Take it to the limit...

One more time......

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"She came from Providence... the one in Rhode Island..."

Oh ya gotta love the Eagles.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wimenin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wimenin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Im a standing on the corner in Winslow Az, and its such a fine sight to see, its a girl my Lord in a flat bed Ford slowing down to take a look at me..

Eagles...classic...

To answer your question. When you're feeling great, relish the moment. But be careful, because thats about the time you over do it, and you come crashing back down a few days later.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to help you keep it in perspective. When the key elements of getting better is always getting proper sleep....even when you dont' want to...

But hey, live it up... in the city...a ha.... in the city... ooh hoo..

Posts: 514 | From . | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA! You got it W...

Another Eagles fan. Now I'll be singing that tune all day.

Good!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

I think it's the elevated evening cortisol tricking us. Cortisol should not be rising at that time but, when it does, it gives us the false sense of alertness.

This is just one of the ways lyme really messes up the endocrine system and makes it harder to get better.

In addition, night time is quieter around here. It's not until my neighbors all go to bed that it is safe to even be up and around in my apt. And their snoring entices me further to try to get done at night what I could not get done with their clomping around by day.

Even with all that, traffic sounds, etc, are much quieter at night and it's easier to "think" - but it is a cruel illusion in my case.

My goal is to become normal and even to become a morning person some day. I think, only with regular sleep at normal times, will that have a chance.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jt345
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tini

Joe Walsh Has a song called One day at a time. I don't know why I brought that up.Maybe It was my mind telling me too tie another knot at the end of my rope.
Appleseed

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone have a reference for any studies or further information about the evening cortisol elevation issue?

I'm absolutely tortured by this same problem. What can I do about it?

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

tincup normal! now, that will be the day "when i say goodbye; yes, that will be the day by buddy holly !!

were we ever NORMAL? it's been almost 4 full decades here.

'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC, I love that album! Wore it out in the '70s.

I usually find Myself dragging as it approaches 11 PM, but by 1AM, I'm on-line & just can't seem to get my butt in bed like I should. Sometimes can't sleep 'til 4.

I know it's important not to let myself get too exhausted to avoid a "relapse". {I had a minor 1 last fall.} But even though my evening cortisol levels are down from the "Nepal plateau" heights they were at when I was still acutely ill a couple/3 years back- I can't seem to even get into the 'snooze-off at 1AM/ up at 8:30-9AM' cycle I was into for YEARS before the Lyme.

Maria- My LLND Rxed "Seri-Phos" capsules 3X a day on an empty tummy, incl. before bed, for elevated cortisol. I only noticed some improvement, but it affects everyone differently.

-(An olde UNH deejay)

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MariaA:
does anyone have a reference for any studies or further information about the evening cortisol elevation issue?

I'm absolutely tortured by this same problem. What can I do about it?

I am wondering about this too. My cortisol levels are elevated and the insomnia is just too much.

Is this part of Lyme and cos. or another issue entirely? My LLMD suggested a supplement called Cortisol Manager, but it doesn't help.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:
It's 2 AM. I've been lower than a snakes belly all day, dragging my poor bum around like it was made of lead.

Now I am wide awake.. chugging along with the Eagles and wearing out the seat of my chair dancing.

I COULD go to bed.. but now that I feel energetic.. I don't WANT to go.

What is wrong with this picture?

Will I ever be normal?

Tincup, that sounds TOTALLY normal to me! What instrument do you play?...

DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TadichGrill
Unregistered

Try eating some pink salt to try and make your adrenals less hyper so you can relax and unwind. I am not saying to do C and Salt.

Take less than a teaspoon of pink salt a day and see if it calms down your adrenals so you can sleep better at night.

Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TadichGrill:
Try eating some pink salt to try and make your adrenals less hyper so you can relax and unwind. I am not saying to do C and Salt.

Take less than a teaspoon of pink salt a day and see if it calms down your adrenals so you can sleep better at night.

Where does one buy pink salt? I will go out this afternoon and get some. I am desperate.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larkspur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes - I have never heard of pink salt either. If I could get to bed before 2-3 am (on a good day) I might function almost normally - Insomnia is still one of my biggest hurdles

I am currently reading a book called Insomniac that is kind of like "Cure Unknown" for people with insomnia - It has all the current research

I'm not that far into it yet - hopefully there might be an answer in there

--------------------
"We must be willing to get rid of
the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - e.m. forster

Posts: 921 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pink salt= Real salt sold at vitacost.com. It is pink sea salt
Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TadichGrill
Unregistered

My local store has "Real Salt" which is pink salt from Utah and many do. My friend who was told to do the teaspoon of salt a day was told to do pink Himalayan salt. Many health food stores carry it or you can by it online. I would start at say a 4th of a teaspoon a day and ramp up from there.
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GABA supplement may help.

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/news/20030912/chemical-may-link-mood-sleep-problems

(Web MD above is one of many links to this relationship.)

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
elavil works for me. ambien gave me excruciating migraines.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement