LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Hot off of the Press Mystery Bug revealed and Treatment plan (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Hot off of the Press Mystery Bug revealed and Treatment plan
galehane
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for galehane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally i have had enough of this speculation which can go on for more years and years,and is meaningless for us amateurs(So I promise I shall probably stop posting here)
Obviously Frylabs works hard to make an ID and has done so for years
But any lab/doctor that finds patogenes that affect the health of very many people should contact the proper institutions (state labs etc)
If there is substance to the hypothesis of a new kind a toxoplasmoses I am not so paranoid that I believe they would not be very interested.Or??
The fact that some LLMDs dont want to might be because they fear to get into the limelight-What a shame.

Gale

Posts: 268 | From europe | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you keep posting here that you do not want to participate any more.

Maybe in the coming up year there will be some more information but waiting month by month I agree with you that you may just find yourself more frustrated than ever.

I am sure you will be watching and will notice what is going on .

Why have you not called them yourself and ask these questions to the doctor or lab itself and find out that way. I know he talks to a varied and wide variety of people.

The questions you ask and want answers to have not and most likely will not come out through the patients and if it does it is tidbits of information and it has shown that that information is sometimes interpreted or understood totally differently than it is or differently from person to person.

Patients are not scientists and even though some are more well versed or educated you will not get far trying to pick through what is said if you looking for detailed scientific explanations.

Not only that there is always A Why or another question that comes from the answer that you might get.

Again.. as you seem so frustrated .... so have I been watching the same old questions posted here instead of trying to go to the source.

Take care

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
galehane
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for galehane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Springshowers
Just to make it clear
Of course I have contacted them numerous times.And done the things as a patient that I have suggested to others.
Edited:
Within infection medecine the detection of and reserach in human pathogens nowadays is almost exclusively made in government funded institutions.That is so all over the world.
Gale

[ 06-21-2009, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: galehane ]

Posts: 268 | From europe | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with ya, Spring. It gets old.

Gale, maybe there is someone in Europe who is working on this that you could "encourage" to do more. Maybe things work differently there.

If you are doing research for medical science in the USA, you are either sponsored by the government or a pharmaceutical company. In those instances, you have an obligation to do it the way the people with the $$ tell you to do.

As Dr. F is independent, the money has been coming from the profits of his practice. There have been no donations until recently when he was approved to accept outside donations.

There is timing, resources, research, and concrete evidence that all must come together before you risk it all and go public. He has been making presentations before peers. But, as a lab guy, this is not his favorite thing to do.

This is how free enterprise works. Henry Ford, Thomas Edison all used their own money to create the marvelous inventions we enjoy today. The only time government had a hand in invention was by accident in preparing to go to the moon. (Velcro, microchip computers, satellite transmission)

You keep saying this needs to get into government hands. That's not always the best way. Government could actually be a hinderance.
Government is already a hinderance when it comes to the Lyme treatment we have now. So, why go there?

There isn't anyone in your region where the government is working to help people who are chronically ill?

I'm sure this is frustrating for you. It's frustrating for me, too. It's MOST frustrating for my daughter, who's life has been pain and pills for the last decade.

But, it's hope that keeps us getting up day by day.

Kelmo

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Kelmo. Well put. With that explanation, perhaps the complaining will stop.

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well put Kelmo Ditto

Everyone who knows things trys to share and it is never good enough. So I hope that people appreciate what is shared and learn from what is said.

We all want more. Believe me. I know as well as anyone.

BUT> I am glad for a man who is trying hard to find answers. I do not know anyone else like him.

I so admire and appreciate his efforts and his passion on trying to help suffering people.

I think we should turn our attention toward that. I

There are so many others in the field that can do this without him asking them to. Why arent they? There is enough information out there for anyone to grab ahold of and do something.

To keep posting how it is a shame and point fingers like the doctor is the one who has halted progress by not asking for others to get involved is ridiculous.

Its a free world. I think you should ask the rest of the people why they are not getting involved and trying to figure this out.

Maybe they do not care to.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigdreams87
Member # 20493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigdreams87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump
Posts: 73 | From ca, usa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Casey,

Just wondering if you're around could report back on your progess, Thanks, Mar

Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any updates on this?

Thanks

Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
galehane
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15437

R62
You might want to read the (critical) thread about this subject on LNE.

Gale

kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the DNA slide of my daughter's most recent blood test. Biofilm community is very clear. Don't know how to post it to this site. I have it in my profile on Lymefriends.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this a Fry smear? or clongen?

Thanks, Gale.

Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Several searches and no critical thread showing up...
MarsyNY
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarsyNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R62,

Is this the critical thread?

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/67269

Posts: 465 | From New York, NY | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

It's a Fry lab test. I have it posted at Lymefriends, can't get it posted here, that I can tell.
springshowers
Member # 19863

I am not sure how you can post a photo here either that is not already on a website that is viewable. I know Lymefriends needs passwords and registration to view.

Beyond that Have you seen this?

http://www.publichealthalert.org/Articles/tinagarcia/new%20treatment%20dramatic%20results.htm

And also did you know Dr. Fry is speaking at the Arizona Lyme Support Group. It was scheduled in July and then moved to September.

Anyone know about this Lyme Disease Support Group in Arizona and how it is? Is it something that anyone in Arizona has gone to? If so. Recommended?

Thanks Much.

I heard you can post photos up on something called Photo Bucket?

http://photobucket.com/

Its free and I have seen others post their photos that way and then just provide the link.

An idea.

Thanks much

galehane
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15437

R62

It is on Lymeneteurope.org.

Gale

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement