LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » what if lymies get swine flu? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: what if lymies get swine flu?
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dr. frieden on tv says there are 200 kids now in new york who possibly have swine flu with mild symptoms.

oh great....

so what would a lymie do if they got lyme?

the last time i had a flu shot i thought i was going to die...i mean i was sick as a dog for days...not going there again.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we'll be dead ducks

and don't get any immunizations trying to protect yourself!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't even like to think about it...

but I'd probably die because my immune system is extremely sick itself... my entire body is so sick... I think it's tired of fighting this... so anything else.... yeah, it'd be over. [Frown]

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...The worst case of 'flu' I ever had was in the late 1970s from a swine flu shot. Some people were partially paralyzed from those shots also.

If you get the flu you'll get over it like most viruses...I wouldn't worry about it. We live 5 minutes off of US 59 a few hours from the border. Trucks and buses and cars go by here 24/7 from the interior of Mexico.

I'm not going to make myself miserable worrying about a virus....I'd worry way more about people trying to immunize themselves and doing more harm than good.

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have confirmed cases, according to fox, in california, texas, new york, and now kansas.

cdc says "we have young adults being infected and that is raising alarm bells". also they have said that it is being passed from human to human which is "very unusual".

oh great....

and another 24 confirmed cases in mexico...

right, they'll all run from this and where are they going to run to? right across the border into the u.s. that's where....arrghhh

i got a feeling this could get nasty.

they're saying tamiflu is the only cure but also that it may NOT work if you're too sick.

think i'll stay home...

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey tutu..

Could you be a little more specific?

Just come out and SAY what you mean?

[lol]

BTW- I am determined nothing else is going to "get" me.

I've waited too long for my obituary to say LYME disease.

I'd hate to be disappointed at this point.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh.. and not to worry...

I hear the CDC is in charge.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

well at least if something happens, i get to see my mom again (hopefully)...

--------------------

disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So far they say that the few cases of people who got it in the U.S. have recovered from it so that sounds like a good thing. Hopefully....

--------------------
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo is unfortunately right. It looks deadly.

Remember the "Asian Flu" in the early 70s?

My mom had the Asian Flu...EXACTLY ONE MONTH to "run its course".

Boy, was she sick!!!

The vaccine caused a lot of serious problems...

With a little "luck" maybe it will mutate to a less serious form fast.

Haven't any of you seen "Andromeda Strain" (the original movie with Dustin Hoffman)?

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am into my 6th week of getting over a flu this year..Not sure I am ready for another one. Tamiflu did nothing to help and neither did the flu shot..

Still have lingering affects from the double pneumonia. Guess I better get a mask now..lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is scaring me to no end. Really, really scaring me.

What should we do? How do we protect ourselves?

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, Marnie--is this because our overabundance of Th1 cells makes us more susceptible to cytokine storm?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kissis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kissis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought most Lymies dont get sick, It's almost 10 years since I even had a cold.
Posts: 203 | From tipp city oh.45371 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Yeah--but when you get something like swine flu, the immunity that protects you from colds becomes extremely dangerous.

Marnie--do you think any of us could survive if we got Tamiflu? Crap--this thing, at present, looks to have a fatality rate comparable to that of the 1918 flu.

Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok my question is how did this get from pigs to humans? I heard this was a pig disease. Not sure if that's true?

But I am smelling some lab altered viruses here!!

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
http://lymetimes3.blogspot.com/
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08
My mom Igenex + 11/08 & My brother Igenex + 4/09, My 2 boys some + & IND bands, clinical diagnosis 3/09 (youngest has Aspergers too)

Posts: 470 | From Painesville, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I hope I know when it comes around to get me so I can have a nice glass of wine, unlimited french silk ice cream, and a BIG bowl of pasta alfredo........

feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duke77
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duke77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme or no Lyme, healthy people are in jeopardy with this one. They are claiming a pandaemic by the time it is through.
Posts: 649 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I agree with some of others.
Having Lyme makes us immune to other diseases.
1 Good feature if you look at many of us do no get many colds or flu.
Even though we rather have something that goes away.
Look on bright side of this Lyme if there is this 1.
Hugggss, to all in Need, Kerry

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re: cytokine storm

Actually - it's the healthy people who succumb. People who are already ill, their bodies fight less so they may not be as bad off as people who are well.

In a pandemic - many of the young & healthy people are the worst hit.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The media has really blown this thing out of proportion right now. I have read only 16 are dead and there was no dateline given for them. Then another news station will tell something completely different.

Wait for more info to come out before you go into shock. [Smile]

Posts: 458 | From Miss | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:
[QB] Hey tutu..

Could you be a little more specific?

Just come out and SAY what you mean?

[lol]

[lol] That's just what I think every time there's a big "scare" like this. I figure if it happens to me, it happens to me. Nothing I can do about it.

God will take care of me, but if it's time to go, it's time to go!

Glad I gave you a chuckle! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Sparkle--but isn't our immunity against respiratory viruses as "healthy" as it could be due to the Th1 excess?
dguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With my immune system already chronically on high alert due to lyme, infectious agents like a flu are going to have a tough time gaining a foothold.

Marnie - Dustin Hoffman was not in Andromeda Strain, but I'll recheck the polycron gaskets anyhow. :-)

Posts: 727 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

huh, i had the recent strain of some bug back in february and it lasted over 3 weeks. i was gurgling and rattling in my lungs so bad i had to sleep in another room cause it kept hubs up.

geez, was i sick....

i get something every single bloody year.

ah well, this world is getting crazier every day.

but i think this thing even has those idiots at cdc worried.

--------------------

adamm
Unregistered

Mexican doc: true number dead is 200. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/8018428.stm

I figure that we've just been lied to about the severity of the illness in the US.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know adamm. I'm not a scientist - so my understanding is just in layman's terms. It's just something I read about cytokine storm...

I don't have a TV connected to cable. I just watch DVDs. I have no idea how the media is reacting to this.

Flu can be bad. I read on CNN that it was the young, strong people who were dying - not the old & infirmed. Best to be prepared for the worst but it's also good to not get too stressed out about it.

I'm glad I don't live near NYC anymore. Seems like big urban areas would be a nightmare.

Remember - wash you hands & don't touch you face alot. This is a big way to prevent illness.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by charlie:
[QB] ...The worst case of 'flu' I ever had was in the late 1970s from a swine flu shot. Some people were partially paralyzed from those shots also.

Hey I remember that. I had the shot too. Didn't get sick but I remember hearing about all the people that did.

I catch everything, so this should be fun. [Frown]

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd get your affairs in order. Just in case. And stock up on all the awesome concoctions outlined in these threads.

Like I said before, perhaps being bedridden has it advantages; no exposure.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

http://iai.asm.org/cgi/content/abstract/60/3/1109

This is disturbing. According to what I've read, elevated levels of this, TNF-Alpha, are what cause the most damage in bird flu cases...

Ocean
Member # 3496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I'm not crazy about this thing either. Right now I am wishing I was homeschooling my son. About an hour north of where we live, a 9 year old boy has swine flu (I had read it was in OH and googled it and found out it was relatively close).

I hope it's not as serious as they are forecasting. I guess we'll just live in a bubble for awhile!

Take care,
Ocean

--------------------
http://www.healingfromlymedisease.blogspot.com/

Sick since 1996...Diagnosed 10/2008

IgM:23-25 IND, 31+++, 39 IND, 41 +++
IgG: 31 IND, 41++, 58+

Posts: 1623 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came across this link at another site--I'm vaguely recalling some discussion regarding lyme and vitamin D, but for the time being I'm considering going out and stocking up.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/51913.php

Posts: 237 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

I'm worried because my husband is a school teacher and he has to be around kids all day long. [Frown]

--------------------
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ocean, Where at in Ohio is this case? Worried about my son at school too!!

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08
My mom Igenex + 11/08 & My brother Igenex + 4/09, My 2 boys some + & IND bands, clinical diagnosis 3/09 (youngest has Aspergers too)

Posts: 470 | From Painesville, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonee123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonee123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the symptoms of swine flu and can what how do they diagnose it....any tests?

--------------------
May God Bless you, answer your prayers, relieve you of your pain and make you stronger than what you are today. Ameen.

Posts: 341 | From Columbia, MD | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/general_info.htm

check out their LYME BROCHURE ...small print so i couldn't read, but looked interesting.

lymeparfait
Unregistered

Heard it is not the typical "swine flu". But something like swine flu. A mutated variety.

I don't trust the media or the CDC to give us the facts, just the hype. Or just what the administration has decided we should know. We need non-political , non- media induced truthful info and help.

We should shut down the borders until this is under control. But that is political suicide for the administration...so no border control?

We are fortunately enlightened by dealing with lyme and co. And this administration has been showing in the last 100 days that it does not have our best interests in mind, especially for the chronically ill, it's all political.

I was hoping for so much more. Will someone please tell the emperor he has no clothes! Enlighten him a little please!

adamm
Unregistered

Anyone heard about this? Murders of microbiologists:

http://www.rense.com/general20/mic.htm
http://www.rense.com/general62/microvv.htm

lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This disease was created in a lab - period. It is a mutant form of bird flu, swine flu and a very virulent human strain all conveniently mixed into one.

For those of you that aren't aware please google the New World Order and the Illuminati. Also google chemtrails. There's a group of people out there that want the worlds population reduced by 90% and they will stop at nothing to achieve there goal.

The sad thing about it is that these people have the means to do it. They are the wealthiest people in the world - the Rockefellers, the Rothchilds, etc. They own our banks, all of the pharmacuetical companies, the oil companies, the cars we drive, the foods we eat. They own most of the major universities, and the media including all of the internet service providers, etc.

They believe that the earth is vastly overpopulated and they also believe in "survival of the fittest". If you can survive the onslaught of chemtrails poisoning the skies, vaccines, fluoride in the water, poisons in your food, all of the manmade diseases (lyme being one of them) and finally a massive biological attack then you deserve to live and procreate in their eyes. If you don't survive - well - then you were "weak" to begin with and you didn't deserve to live anyways. They call us "useless eaters" and they're "culling" the population. If you don't believe me look this stuff up for yourself...

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Adam - I read it last night. These people have been planning a worldwide biological attack for years - killing off the worlds best and brightest microbioligists is all part of it. How can their agenda be successful if some brainy biologist finds a cure for the next pandemic 6 weeks after it begins?? Another thing to google is Fema coffins - and the fact that our government started buying up cemetary plots by the millions several years ago "just in case of a biological attack". Just in case huh?

I know I'm sounding like a nutbag here - I didn't believe any of this stuff at first either. But I've spent the last 6 weeks researching and reading and researching some more and everything I'm telling you is the truth.

I've come to the conclusion that Lyme is the least of our problems and only a small part of a sick and twisted puzzle...

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Lauren...that's pretty bold.

First of all, there is a different belief for every person on the planet, so of course you are going to find some kook that believes this crap. Just like there are people that believe in aliens and UFO's and have "proof", there are also those that do not.

Why would they want to reduce the population by 90%? IF they own all the banks and big pharms, etc, they are going to need "people" to use those resources if they are going to make any money.

And, why would they poison the planet just to poison themselves. They are not immune to these illnesses.

In any case, I for one, have not had a cold in two years but before that, I caught everything. I think my immune system is in such overdrive that I can't get a cold if I wanted to. I also have illnesses that should be lifelong, clear up on their own. Strange...but true.

I do worry about my infant son as we are getting on a plane in a few months. I may get him vaccinated but will wait as long as I can to see how this thing plays out.

The CDC has already made a huge mistake by not telling people not to travel to Mexico. It's too late to avoid a pandemic. They have already screwed up big time, but that's no surprise, the CDC is a waste of an organization.

Then again, I don't see how anyone in their right mind needs the CDC to tell them not to travel to Mexico. People there are dying from an airborne virus spread as easily as the common cold. It is not rocket science. Don't travel to Mexico people!

Luckily, so far, no deaths in the US have been reported but I would not be surprised if they find some that happened before they knew what it was.

Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

oh, obama says not to worry that our government has a stockpile of meds.

he said not to panic.

uh huh....

--------------------

disturbedme
Member # 12346

LOL. Too late, I'm already a bit panicked here.... [bonk] [Eek!] [confused]

--------------------
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....I live a very few hours from Mexico, every pathogen there goes right by my house. Nobody is sick around here that I know of, and the health officials are saying if you get the 'swine' flu just treat it like a common virus and it'll resolve after a bit.

This is just an out-of-season flu bug and the health crisis du jour.

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is something to consider, I read in yesterdays paper: Fort Myers News Press

"The outbreak coincided with President Barak Obama's trip to Mexico City on April 16. Obama was received at the anthropology museum in Mexico City by Felipe Solis, adistinguished archaeologist WHO DIED A WEEK LATER from symptoms of the flu, Reforma Newspaper reported."

Ok mutated flu= Pig, Bird, Human, engineered? Purposely arising at Obama's visit or coincidence??????

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to Mexico City once and after my experience I can't be so sure they just weren't eating one of the burritos I had!

[Razz]

Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

John S said:
I went to Mexico City once and after my experience I can't be so sure they just weren't eating one of the burritos I had!

.....John I doubt the burritos would hurt you too bad but you might avoid the sashimi tripitas.

Me, I'm hooked on barbacoa de cabeza. Yum. (not kidding)

Charlie

Starfall1969
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I'm just freaking unnecessaarily from hearing all this swine flu crap,

but my son came home from church nursery (AGAIN) acting funny yesterday.

He slept for 3 hours yesterday afternoon and woke up again with a 102 temperature.

I'm sure it's just thie upper respiratory crap that everyone else seems to have right now, but I can't help wondering sometimes....

As for the people who want to kill off certain sectors of the population, yeah, we studied that in my ethics class--eugenics.

Read the book "War Against the Weak" by Edwin Black. Very disturbing, if you ask me.

I don't know how much I buy into the Illuminati story (at least what I saw porttrayed on the SciFi Channel or wherever it was), but who knows.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

wow, many more opinions, conspiracies, etc. since i was on here in wee am hours. i don't know what to believe myself.
Dawnee
Unregistered

Starfall..I'm thinking temperature isn't part of the swine flu symptom list.
Mostly respiratory issues.

This is a brand new strain of swine flu. It is Human,Bird and Swine combined. Completely new strain. And that does not happen "on accident".

I absolutely agree with LymieLauren.

Craps gonna hit the fan relatively soon. If not with Swine flu, with something else.
People really need to start doing their research and preparing.

Also, I read yesterday that the CDC is saying that this swine flu will be worse for those with systemic bacteriological infections. Gee.. wonder who they are referring to.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Seems pretty obvious to me that there's a plan going on here as far as control of the planet...

There are many cross references to depopulation at this time.

Funny, I was just looking into the microbiologists who died under suspicious circumstances.

http://www.lookingglassnews.org/printerfriendly.php?storyid=337

------

Truth is - the hoards of masses are not needed anymore. We can be replaced by robots or androids. Seems that the plan is to round everyone up & make everyone live in domes in large urban areas so they can be controlled & monitored.

The wild will go back to being natural habitats for the enjoyment of the wealthy elite.

Is it sci-fi? Maybe or maybe not... Will it happen in our lifetimes? I don't know...

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Still don't think there's a conspiracy? Take a look here...

http://www.legitgov.org/baxter_flu_vaccine_260409.html

http://www.legitgov.org/flu_oddities_shortnews.html

ugagal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugagal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is paranoia a Lyme symptom???

While I certainly agree that the swine flu should be taken seriously, I do not believe it is related to any type of conspiracy or attempt to purposely reduce the world's population!

Next thing you know we'll be hearing that everyone has tiny microchips embedded in their brains....some people seem to have spent way too much time watching the Sci-Fi channel.

--------------------
My comments on this site are not intended to be taken as medical advice as I'm not a physician.

Posts: 206 | From Georgia | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

I really don't know what to think, but you people are freaking me out HUGELY.... thanks a LOT. [Frown]

--------------------
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

charlie
Member # 25

Disturbedme said:

I really don't know what to think, but you people are freaking me out HUGELY.... thanks a LOT.

I hope I'm not freaking you out...i'm trying to be the voice of reason here....just remember the bird flu and salmonella in almost everything palatable and how salt will kill you then it saves you.

That's just the tip of the overhype iceberg...and oh of course your car makes the weather change so there won't be any of those.

I really need to form a cynic's club so we can counter all the types who have access to the airwaves and make catastrophes out of nothing. In fact maybe we can tax them and call it a catastro fee.

see you back on the rational side. [Wink]

Charlie

Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

I think everyone is different and has their own thoughts and beliefs.

I am a big conspiracy theory type person myself. But that doesn't mean then everyone agrees with me. And that is ok.

I think we are all entitled to our opinions and should be able to share them with others. Then people can make their own mind up on what they choose to believe.

Noone should be put down or made fun of because of their thoughts or beliefs!

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08

feelfit
Member # 12770

Actually, Ugagal, microchipping the population has been discussed. It is not science fiction.
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< LymieLauren, Dawnee, Sparkle >>>>>, Sending hugs your way!!!

I agree with you on this Illuminatist mess,and if I am tho't a conspiracy theorist that's alright!!!

Many folk already feel we who suffer from Lyme and Co. are conspiracy theorists, and paranoid etc.

I do not speak of some subject matter very often, there will always be scoffers. Look how many scoff at we Chronic Lyme sufferers!

At any rate,I hope this swine flu doesn't spread further, and will try to stay as well as I can, beyond what is already happening to me.

For those who don't believe in a group that is trying to control and dominate the world,that's okay !!!

I will keep an open mind about the subject!

Just the Silverwolf

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

....I am actually openly conspiring to take over the entire Southwestern US and turn it into Charlieland...
charlie
Member # 25

By the way folks....I live just off the main corridor from Mexico as stated earlier...and the flu is NOT happening here...so that's why I'm acting like I am. [Razz]
Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

How is that an excuse to be rude??

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08

charlie
Member # 25

...cynical isn't rude, nor is sarcastic. nor is disagreeing using humor tho some can't take jokes period.

If we ever meet i'll buy the margaritas...

Charlie [Wink]

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there <<<<< Charlie >>>>>>,

I am glad that there isn't any swine flu close to you dude! I do hope it stays away.

Course then, who knows,maybe the methane pollution from cows could kill some of these odd flus???

To bad that it cannot kill the dang ticks and mosquitoes!!!

I do believe there are lots of varied beliefs here on LymeNet... but I tend to learn a lot by reading things from folks who may believe differently than I do !!!

That said, I still have to side w/ LymieLauren !!! [Smile] I d wish I had a good strawberry Margerita right now tho'. Can't cause of the darn Lyme and Co.

Jus Silverwolfy jabberin along!

--------------------
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy C
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19297

That's your opinion.

My opinion is that some of your comments are rude. Some are making fun of what people are saying.

Lauren and others are being serious with their thoughts and you are making jokes about that.

I just think that is wrong. Enough said. Enjoy your drinks.

--------------------
My lyme disease blog:
One BIG Lyme family!
I tested CDC + 10/08

randibear
Member # 11290

charlie, we have now confirmed a case in richardson which is a suburb of dallas and they said they have one very likely case in fort worth, where i am.

they closed the school in richardson and fort worth for the rest of the week.

they also said there is another confirmed case in san antonio, a teenager.

well some may not take this seriously but i think anyone who has an autoimmune disorder or lyme (like we do), needs to be extra vigilent.

--------------------

charlie
Member # 25

...sure you can have a margarita wolfie it's an antibiotic after all; It's salt plus vit C in the form of lime juice and orange liqueur, plus tequila to act as a vasodialator to get the active ingredients flowing.

I know it works because I drank a couple of pitchers of the stuff at a party and I herxed the whole next day... [lick]

Charlie

charlie
Member # 25

Lauren knows me and knows my snarky sense of humor...and I'm with you on a lot of the conspiracy stuff like the absurd man made climate change hype. But with this flu thing I'm right on the front lines...

Charlie [Razz]

randibear
Member # 11290

where the heck are you anyway? i'm in keller actually which is just north of fort worth off I-35.

--------------------

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Hey <<<<< Randibear >>>>>,

Sorry to hear the darn swine flu is hitting near you...please be careful hon'!!!

Charlie,darn I wish I could have a Margarita, the lime sounds fantastic...alas I can't do it tho...darn it.And you stay safe too!!!

If I had any tonic water right now I'd have some tonic and lime juice...

Wolfie jabberin again!!!

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

disturbedme
Member # 12346

I know Charlie too, and I just love him!!!! [Smile] And he's not being rude at all. At least not meaningfully.

Charlie you were not the one freaking me out to begin with. You were the one actually making me feel better about all this going on... I would love to live in Charlieland... as long as you keep the swine flu out of it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

randibear
Member # 11290

hi hon, i don't drink at all since hmmm, i think it was lymetoo or somebody, told me that alcohol was converted to pure sugar and feeds the lyme.

i sure wish i could have one. mike drinks wine every single night, but i'm such a coward, i won't touch a drop of anything.

--------------------

charlie
Member # 25

Randi...we're near Rosenberg which is southwest of Houston right on US 59...which is why I claim front line status...In a few hours I can be sitting in Arturo's in Nuevo Progreso sipping a margarita and eating cabrito.

My kids live one in Keller and one in Flower Mound tho...

Charlie

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

<<<<< RAndibear Dear Sistah Friend >>>>>,

I've set a PM or too... I don't drink either because of this darn Lyme Disease.

<<<<< Charlie >>>>> I do hope your area stays Swine Flu free!!! Even if I can't take ya up on the MArgi' drink!!!

Slivered Silverwolfy

--------------------
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

bettyg
Unregistered

greta, i'm so sorry to read this; i went to NIH's medical library and found this:

http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/swineflu_you.htm
above link is TEXT of the video below!!

has suggestions on meds, etc. on what to do and discusses CHILDREN!

good, informative 5.5 minute swine flu video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85sD83aRUIQ

below link is where i got this from and has much more there:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/swineflu.html#cat42

if you need things, have a neighbor/friend/family member go do things for you. STAY HOME; keep son at home too. wear MASKS also in home or anywhere.

greta, my best to you, your son, and family. [group hug] [kiss]

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted "Lozenges and Spray may keep flu away" It is bonifide research conducted by nih and my post sunk like a rock to page two.

Go read it and see what tests reveal works.

Glutathione. Get some from your doctor. It does a whole lot more than just fight the flu.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement