LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dental appointment... How long before Sx flare?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dental appointment... How long before Sx flare?
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 2 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whaaaaahh! [Frown]

I'm in a LOT of pain today & it seems to be getting worse. [Frown]

I went to a new dentist yesterday & he warned me that I can expect a Sx flare any time he does work in my mouth.

I'd been trying to blame yeast, my meds, lack of sufficient sleep & anything else that I could for the lingering (and possibly slowly progressing, though I've been refusing to believe it) Sx that I'd been feeling.

I left his office yesterday terrified that my possible illusion may be shattered.

I'm still trying to believe that I'm not relapsing again. I want to blame the physical tension, caused by the anxiety I felt while driving myself there, for my present pain.

I'm trying to blame suggestibility & the fear that I would have of another possible full-blown relapse.

I want to believe it's all in my head.

Someone please tell me it takes DAYS before you have a symptom flare from tissue injury/trauma!

Please tell me that you can't flare so quickly. Then I can still try to blame other things & maintain hope.

This is NOT going to happen to me AGAIN!!!! [tsk] [rant]
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!!!!! (stomping feet) [rant]
I refuse to accept it! [cussing]

[toilet]

I think I need some chocolate because I'm fighting a serious battle with depression right now. Maybe I'll go have a cup of cocoa because the Dentist said it's not yeast.

Maybe I'll have it later. Seems like too much effort to make it right now. [Frown]

Seriously, if anyone can tell me that I can't possibly flare from Bb this quickly, I'd greatly appreciate it. That would mean that I can look forward to it going away by tomorrow, perhaps with a hot bath or shower, cup of tea and some rest.

I'm going to go try to sleep so I can stop fretting over this because that's not going to help me in any way. Maybe I'll be lucky & it will just be gone when I get up again. That would be SO nice.

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS- If you DID have a symptom flare (or herx) after dental work, were you on ABX at the time?

Thanks in advance for any input!
[group hug]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh... sorry! The last time I had any dental work done I had a flare by the next day [Frown] And developed Bells within 2 days.
BUT... it doesn't mean that you always will flare after dental work! Dental work does not = relapse [Smile]

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Icky.

Were you on ABX at the time?

If so, I'm going to hope that was just a mean-spirited joke because that's a pretty scary thought.....2 days... [Eek!] [Frown]

(thinking: Please don't be a flare..Please don't be a flare..PLEASE don't be a flare!!!!)

If it wasn't, I'm so sorry you went through that. It must have been a really frightening experience for you.

I hope it resolved quickly for you. [group hug]

--------------------

trigal2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trigal2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey There...

SO sorry that you are not feeling well and naturally worried. But I have to say..

I have had Lyme since 2004 off and on including Neuro and IV tx. Living in NJ every year is a Lyme year... Last year I had TONS of dental work done - TONS- TONS. I was sooooo sick after each treatment - as soon as the next day.

I sounded just like you with wonder what is was/is; yeast? reaction to stuff they used in my mouth etc.. But I NEVER thought of it causing a flare up! I did not know it could!

So based on that new info. I would take a guess that my getting very "lymie" feeling after each dental visit may have very well been a flare up.

Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but it lets you know that you may have more healing to do....Hope you feel better soon...

Posts: 376 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Thanks trigal-

Nope...NOT what I wanted to hear.

I'm feeling worse as the day goes on. I just hope this passes quickly.

ENOUGH is ENOUGH already! [Frown]

--------------------

Monica922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica922     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
I had oral surgery exactly two weeks ago and I feel like crud [Smile] I could not stand the dental implant in my mouth anymore...gone. By the way, it had gone through my sinus cavity.

FOR TWO YEARS I walked around like that with TBI's on top...unreal. I am sure you have all heard the catch phrase..IGNORE THE PAIN. UNREAL.

I also became very scared when the flare or whatever it is hit me so hard. I am still dealing with some serious neuropathy, neuro symptoms, and fatigue..even eye stuff and weird facial twitches. I particularly love the internal vibration stuff that happens when I flare this bad. I was/am on abx. I had to stop taking omnicef two days ago because I cannot handle the herx/toxins at the moment. I will try to go back on something else in a few days when I calm down.

I also became very scared and depressed when this hit...enough already. We will both be able to ride it out..we always do. And we will both get better.

This site is filled with nice and supportive people...it has helped me have hope when I thought I was dying.

I am here for you also [Smile]

Monica

Posts: 422 | From CT | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ali [group hug] [kiss]

so sorry to read this. have you tried PMing docdave aka stymie lymie?? he'll respond to questions.

just click on directory at top,
go to 1st line on left line, type stymielymie
click search
when his name pops up, click on it, and send him a copy of your link above.

dave's really good about getting back to folks [Smile]

i've not read these in quite sometime, but dave wrote several things, and i'll attach the links in case they can help you or anyone else reading ok [Smile] hugs my dear friend ...

yeast & candida Lymetoo/TUTU's links:

Candida diet and elimination:
Lyme symptoms list compared with yeast symptoms
Yeast Infection, The Silent Epidemic from dentist, docdave
, 8-07
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=068288#000001

CANDIDA,,,WHAT LLMDS ARE MISSING by Bugg, .7.7.08..excellent!

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=068694

DENTAL PROBLEMS & LYME, part 1 , 10-07
from DOCDAVE, STYMIE LYMIE!
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=058163

A good resource is the ``BIOLOGICAL''DENTIST & DOCTOR FINDER at the IAOMT website (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology). www.iaomt.org

finding a dentist for REMOVAL OF MERCURY FILLINGS 1.1.09
http://www.iaomt.org/patients/search.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

BANNING ``DENTAL MERCURY'' IN NORWAY, DENMARK, SWEDEN, 08
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1949432/posts

3 Ways to Be Mercury Poisoned from "Silver" Amalgam Dental Fillings http://www.mercurypoisoned.com/three.html 5.08

DENTAL CROWNS CONTENT by dentist doc dave 9.3.09
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/85466

NICKEL IN BRACES by dentist doc dave 9.4. 09
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/85462

Marie Flower's story of her mercury poisoning 5.08
http://www.mercurypoisoned.com/introduction.html

Detox with Amalgams? 8-17-07 from Gigi
http://tinyurl.com/33otsv

DRINKS AND FOOD SHARING WITH OTHERS WHEN ``YOU'' HAVE LYME! NO NO !!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

quote:
Originally posted by Monica922:

it had gone through my sinus cavity.

FOR TWO YEARS I walked around like that with TBI's on top...

[Eek!] OMG!!!!! I can't even imagine! [shake]

Somehow that sounds like something I would have done.

Thanks for the support. I'm sorry you know what this feels like. [Frown] [group hug]

I'm such a mess today & everything hurts SOoooo bad. I don't think I realized how much better I actually was until I feel all the things coming back that I had forgotten about.

This ROTS!!!!! [Frown]

((((Betty Sweetie))))

You're always there for me with a smile & a hug when I need them! [kiss]

Thanks for the info. I actually had thought about DocDave. I had been wondering how he was doing & said a prayer that he was still doing well.

I don't like to bother him when I know he's OK because I know he's been busy doing his good deeds.

I saw that he had posted recently & that he is still well. I was glad to see that & sent up a little thanks. [Smile]

I was thinking that I wouldn't really know what to ask him.

With the way I feel today, I KNOW it's a flare, so I guess it doesn't really matter whether my little bout of staggering, while walking out of the office, was from stress/hyperventilation or the start of the Bb attack.

Maybe I SHOULD ask him exactly what's going on. I might feel a little better just knowing what's going on behind this so I have an idea of what to further expect.....

....and hopefully a game-plan or hope for a near end-point.

Maybe tomorrow (sighs) I'm just too tired right now & in too much pain. I have to go pray for sleep while I wait for LLMDs office to call me back.

Thanks again,
[group hug]
Ali

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

ali,

yes, email dave when you feel up to it. when he responds to specifics like yours, he many times will make it an official post so others can benefit from it.

that's when i copy his links into my files, and send to folks like you when i notice dental posts. best wishes on feeling better SOON. [Smile] [group hug] [kiss]

AliG
Member # 9734

I called LLMD's office yesterday & just received a return call.

He's adding Augmentin to my present mix.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this works!

Did anyone else add/change ABX when they started having problems?

--------------------

pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What type of dental work did you have?

I had my 6 month checkup on Monday. I'm scheduled to get 3 fillings replaced in 2 weeks. I've had dental work in the past and it has never affected my health.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

All I had was a cleaning.

It felt like some kind of water torture, but none-the-less it was JUST a cleaning.

I have a feeling that some ketes may have set up camp in there.

That could be why sometimes my top teeth have gotten numb. I thought it was brain related but maybe it was the actual nerves in there. ???

What state were you in when had work done?
Maybe it's because I was having symptoms start to return again as opposed to making progress the other way?

[confused]

--------------------

AliG
Member # 9734

I should probably mention that it had been WAY too long since I mustered the nerve to go to a dentist.

Aside from being afraid of dentists, other than DocDave (but I suspect that's because he's retired & wouldn't be able to find me [lol] ), I didn't have dental insurance & kept monetarily prioritizing other things that my family needed. [Frown]

--------------------

pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was having a high pain day (from hormonal changes) that day. I go to the dentist every 6 months for a check-up and cleaning. I've gone to the same dentist for 25 years.

--------------------
Peggy

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

How do you tell pain from hormonal changes? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

--------------------

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh great, i broke my bridge and have to have it fixed on monday.

wonder how that will turn out. but i need it bad, cuse the entire top came off.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

I'm not familiar with bridgework.

What would be involved in fixing it?

I thought a bridge was something you could take out of your mouth.

[confused]

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

i have a partial bridge; it's been fixed twice so far.

randi, it's in 2 pieces now; NOTHING DANGLING TOGETHER? mine barely attached, and they worked miracles on it!!

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the top of my bridge is all black and feels like glass. i think i just cracked the top and it came off. it's a three tooth bridge and it's the tooth in the back, or last section,.

it hurts to run my tongue over it, feels really sharp.

i called them and they said to come on in.

dang, i dread this.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

quote:
Originally posted by AliG:
How do you tell pain from hormonal changes? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

For 6 days before my period started, my whole body pain increases by 10 times.

--------------------
Peggy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement