LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone Herx hard trying to kill Candida ? Taking Antifungal & now Flu Symptms added

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone Herx hard trying to kill Candida ? Taking Antifungal & now Flu Symptms added
lymetwister
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19590

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to stop probiotics when I went into the hospital, but was discharged with Mycelex Losanges which are antifungal and used to treat Candida as it's all over my tongue and god knows where else.

I've been sucking on 5 losanges per day and my tongue is still coated.

I woke up this morning with some of my usual symptoms, but I was and have been freezing cold and it's nice outside. Anxiety is unusually high and just aching all over. I gagged a few times over the toilet from terrible nausea.

I'm drained as can be, much more than usual. It seems like whatever I take now, just makes me sicker all around.

How I got this, I have no idea since I havn't been on abx. Things are easing up a little now, but I have felt like death all morning, just groaning from the discomfort.

Kids off to the Zoo with my wife. I am so tired of feeling sick and not being able to do things with my family.

LT

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't you just do some IV rocephin for a couple of days? Did you forget? That could of easily set it off especially if you already had it brewing.

Remember you had a herx from the coconut oil? I know sometimes I forget things. Maybe some coconut oil will help? Hope you feel better,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twingirl
Member # 13172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
candida can definatly have a die off reaction. I got a huge die off when I started diflucan and again when I started nystatin.

--------------------
dar

Posts: 95 | From michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have a rife machine, why not do the detox frequency exclusively, is it 10000, it would be a good indicator if rife is for real.

I wouldn't do the candida frequency cause if Rife does work you be double wammying yourself cause you are on meds.

I would be curious see if it helps, cause the detox frequency shouldn't cause a herx right??

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymetwister
Member # 19590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have herxed from 10,000 personally as have others.

No Rifing till I get past another IVIG half life, and then I have to re-evaluate how I feel, even still.

I'm trapped in a box right now and wish I could turn back the clock and get this IVIG out of me.

If I'm better in the end, it was worth every bit of it, if not, I am lost as to what to do next.

No question there is an immune response from the IVIG. whether it is favorable is yet to be seen.

In 10 days, I will be at the 2nd half life. I would expect things to calm down very soon if they are going to.

LT

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's EASY to get yeast...esp after being on long term abx ( even from months prior ).

I've been off abx for 5 yrs and still battle yeast.

I hate to be the one to tell you, but Mycelex lozenges contain sugar. Yep.

Can you get hold of some Diflucan?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opus2828
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opus2828     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first took Nystatin it threw me into a herx that took a week to come out of. I had to restart little by little and now can take it okay.
Posts: 581 | From CT | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mycelex didn't work for me.

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trigal2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trigal2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say yes too..sometimes I cannot tell what is a lyme die off from abx and what is a candidas die off.

Everynow and then I take a product called Candigone when I really want to get agressive but have had very good results with just Oil of Oregano and Olive Leaf Extract combined with pro.'s.

Does anyone know HOW to tell the difference between lyme die off and candidas die off?

Posts: 376 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't have to be on abx to get systemic yeast.
I just started back on Diflucan and BOY can I feel it!

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, definitely i have herxed hard from a yeast die off. sometimes just as hard as a lyme herx.

diflucan works the best for thrush & systemic yeast for me, but everyones so different.
ya have to get your liver function tests though if your on it for some time.

may be worth will to do a search here - some studies have suggested it can hit some forms of the lyme as well.

the above is not meant for medical advise - just my 2 cents

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement