LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Twitching in Eyelids ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Twitching in Eyelids ?
MBB3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MBB3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sense that twitching is a common trait of Lyme infection.

How many experience twitching in an eyelid or tongue? These areas are my most persistent. An eyelid may twitch for 2 weeks almost straight and then stop not to happen for months. Can anyone relate?

Also, it seems when I SUPPLEMENT with Magnesium, the twitching INCREASES, again I just don't understand any of this? Isn't mag supposed to help? Am I not taking it long enough? I always stop the supplement after the twitching starts.

Along with the twitching I have burning skin, which rarely stops unless nothing is touching my feet etc.

Thanks for sharing any experiences/advice?

Take Care,
MBB3

Posts: 247 | From The Country | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobokinite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hobokinite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going through the same thing. haven't ahd that for years.

I was wondering if it is from allergies as Ceder seaon has hit hard when it started.

I do Magnesium shots. But it ain't helping the twitch

Posts: 462 | From Newnan, GA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My twitching resolved with treatment.
Posts: 365 | From Sylvania | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think this is necessarily related to Lyme. I know other people who get this who don't have Lyme.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toppers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had this strong non-stop twitch in left eye when starting 400mg doxy that lasted straight for 2 weeks then vanished. I'm glad it's gone [Smile] I have all the bart symptoms too.
Posts: 501 | From Cleveland Ohio | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, the infamous twitching eyelid. I have had it go on for weeks at a time. I supplement w/Magnesium Citrate powder (pills didn't do anything, probably weren't absorbing) at first it didn't seem to help much, but now since I have supplemented for a very long time, I haven't noticed the twitch as much. But I also related to herxing - it seemed to appear more often during herxing.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
painted turtle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for painted turtle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I have the twitching eyelid. Very odd. It has become a dominant symptom this last month or two and I consider myself not actively infected with Lyme (after having treated it for years). I think I have a post lyme thing. But that is because the antibiotics proved unsuccessful at curing me. Anyway, adding magnesium powder does not help the twitch at all. I have it, along with full out muscle spasms on the left side of my body. Not limited to my eye, also a big deal in my leg. Just one of the many things Lyme has left me with. (had a long time undiagnosed case)

--------------------
www.lymefire.blogspot.com

Posts: 855 | From United States of Mind | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trigal2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trigal2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had that as well. Side effect of a med I was taking.

Unrelated to lyme in my case as I have never experienced it duriung a flare-up or herx.

Posts: 376 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opus2828
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opus2828     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had it too - sometimes it seems that my eyeball is actually twitching as well.

It does come and go.

Posts: 581 | From CT | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember going to my PCP for this once before diagnosed. Told her it was there for weeks, wouldn't stop, and was annoying the crap out of me.

I got a bottle of Prozac.

Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it all the time non stop.
Horrible.

Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedish lyme sufferer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Active lyme I think....unfortunatly
Posts: 347 | From sweden | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swedish lyme sufferer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14579

Gets worse when near electric fields, in trains etc.
LightAtTheEnd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightAtTheEnd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My left eyelid has twitched occasionally since I got Lyme. My right eyelid has never twitched.

I have had it before I got Lyme, but it would twitch for one or two episodes of a few seconds and then stop. Seemed to be on hot summer days with a lot of pollution that would also make me sneeze and make my eyes water, so maybe airborne allergies.

Since Lyme, the left eyelid twitching would last a few seconds up to a minute, and would occur dozens of times a day and go on from two days to a week. This was in summer and in cooler weather in the fall, and inside, outside, during the day and at night.

Lyme has otherwise mainly affected my right side with joint and muscle pain, but occasionally also my left shoulder and left hip.

Once only, since Lyme, I had one short (less than a minute) twitching episode of my cheek under my right eye, which has never happened before or since. Another time I had nerve tingling at a spot in my left calf for 2 hours.

Sometimes I question whether Lyme is causing something or not, but then I think if it is something weird and it has never happened before, it's probably Lyme.

--------------------
Don't forget to laugh! And when you're going through hell, keep going!

Bitten 5/25/2009 in Perry County, Indiana. Diagnosed by LLMD 12/2/2009.

Posts: 756 | From Inside the tunnel | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sue-in-austin-tx
Member # 24174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sue-in-austin-tx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine shows up when I need more B complex or stopped taking it. Not sure which of the B's is helping though.

--------------------
* 24 - fibromyalgia and mood disorder * 36 - lyme disease * 40 - still fighting it *

Posts: 13 | From Austin, TX | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twitching is very much a common LD symptom. LD is, among other things, a disease of the peripheral nervous system. There have been many other discussions about muscle twitches here.

Use the search function @ top of page & search muscle twitches.

The peripheral nervous system infection by LD commonly causes burning skin, muscle twitches (all over the body and/or localised to certain muscles--mine are in my calf muscles) & floaters in the eyes.

After 4 years of abx, my twitches are now 2 to 4 hours per day as opposed to 24 hours a day.

Good luck.

Posts: 213 | From ohio | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement