LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » DETOX SUPPORT THREAD (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: DETOX SUPPORT THREAD
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've experienced 6 yrs worth of stuff. I will come back and add my whole list later.

But the biggest and most effective thing I believe I did is: Lymph Drainage with a well trained massage person that had treated chronically ill patients for years.

Lymph drainage was done once a week for 2-3 months. Then we went to every 2 weeks schedule for a few months and then I went once a month for about 3 yrs.

During that time if I felt I needed a massage to work on painful areas then we would work those areas.

One shouldn't complain about the cost of doing things like this. There was no doctor or drug or supp that could do this for me.

I'll never forget how Gigi would respond to others about the cost of doing things to get well. She said one should do whatever they had to do to get better. Beg, borrow, sell.

One must do what one must do. Now, you might be able to have the same effect with buying a rebounder. But at that time in my illness I was too ill to jump on a rebounder.

The majority of what we need to get better here is not covered by our insurance companies. Out of pocket is just the way it is.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suz9601
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suz9601   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does the epsom salt detox a person? Does it just open the pores more? I am not sure how it detoxes. Thanks for any info.
Posts: 146 | From Midwest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Nothing really "detoxes" us, in and of itself. We give our body certain things - or do certain things that supports the intricate detox process. It's just like nutrition. We don't build bones but we give our body what it needs to do that.

How epson salts work is that magnesium is absorbed through the skin and taken up by cells that then go to work for our liver - and colon - to work better.

The links for how the liver works explains more about this. Those links are 2/3 of the way down page one of this thread.

In addition to the magnesium, the warmth of the bath helps circulation - and relaxation - and that also helps our body with the on-going, never ending and process of cleansing.

Yes, the pores of our skin are also opened by the warm bath, we sweat out some toxins and that is also helpful so that the liver does not have to do it all.

Be sure to always rinse off after a bath with epson salts. Either leave the shower hose down so you can reach it or have a shatterproof pitcher near the tub.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suz9601
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suz9601   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks so much keebler for the info. I appreciate it.
Posts: 146 | From Midwest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mati,

Thanks for posting that comment.

I can't stress ENOUGH how much changing my diet has improved my overall improvement and well-being.

I know many people already take good care in what they eat, but for those who don't, this is one of the best things you can do to find some immediate relief from your pain.

Cheers,

Wolf

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been hearing more about rebounders and Tramps.

I have been using mine more often lately. And my doctor asked me to be doing this too.

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started pulling oil about a year ago. I did it every morning faithfully for about 8 months, then had to have some dental grafting and had to stop for about a month or so.

After the grafting healed, I started back again, but now only a few times a week.

I know that pulling oil has done two things because I can actually see the difference - 1.) My teeth are whiter. People have even commented on it. 2.) My gums are healthier, pinker, and have grown further up/down between my teeth where before they were not.

I am now in a hold position with my periodontist where before he has had a list of things he wants to do, but so far he's said nothing has gotten worse.

I also think it may have helped with some of the head issues and fatigue, but of course, I cannot prove it.

If anyone is interested in learning more, please read the below links:

http://www.oilpulling.com/

http://www.drbillyhealth.com/01122009/oil-pulling-101/

http://www.canlyme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5552&sid=e93125915614d81a5849b1dffa44675f

and there is much more online.

Cheers!

Posts: 217 | From Earth | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO I put my exercise ball in place of my desk chair and will be bouncing a lot more. Will see how it goes. It is good just to sit on even because you have to stead yourself and keeps the core working and strong.
I am so out of shape. I want to be able to do "some" working out.

The bouncing will help lymph drainage.

Reducing inflammation is another important thing

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried the led detox treatment last week. Treating for sulfites, with the treatment and a burbur tincture. I haven't felt anything good or bad. I am supposed to do another treatment for other substances this week. Should I continue?, it is costing me $110 per session and I'm not working.

Thanks, diana

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleLymie19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfed Out:

I can't stress ENOUGH how much changing my diet has improved my overall improvement and well-being

Ditto. I couldn't stay out of the hospital until I changed my diet.
Posts: 710 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lindaca
Member # 23871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lindaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question regarding herxes:

Are we really herxing, or are we just making the buggers mad so they send out more neurotoxins, similar to the way a skunk sprays anything that gets close to it? If all we are doing is making the buggers mad, then it could mean that the herx is overrated and that our treatment protocols are insufficient.

Either way, it would seem that detox is very important, but this could open the door for another way to judge the effectiveness of a treatment protocol.

Posts: 40 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

For Detox doing Diet.

I started with
No Dairy
No White anything (potatoes pasta sugar etc)
No Grains except Brown Rice
Nothing processed or in a box.
Fish or Chicken 1x a week at most - No other meat
Organic whenever and as much as possible

6 rules !! and you would be surprised the HUGE difference!!

LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleLymie19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good suggestions springshowers. I do well with:

No Gluten
No Dairy
No Soy
No Grains except for brown rice (Just like you springshowers)
No Sugar
No animal protein ( I rely mostly on protein from powder, beans, and brown rice....aside from fish once or twice a month)
No Corn

I have insane food allergies ontop of it so my other limitations don't count. But I think a lot of lyme patients would do great on a diet like that (totally agree with springshowers on this one). The animal protein/meat thing is controversial though. I do think that most lyme patients do well with animal protein, but I personally don't.

Posts: 710 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hey little !! We are alike arent we?

I use almond milk..
I did not type no soy but I agree with that and I thought no dairy is important enough.

Just like you I eat a lot of beans for protein. And protien powder too... Just like you and once or twice a month for some other form.. ..

Wow.. we sure are close..

! [Smile]

I do best on this diet too and many allergies no longer test positive either...

But i stay on the diet because it feels best.

Will not lie and say I am not perfect and even every so often cheat on purpose to fill up that desire and urge for something I really crave or want... and I would rather do that than expect myself to be perfect beause I would end up wanting to just quit. My way I do not stop trying...

Thats just me.

Oh TONS OF Water !

Water water water water !

mati
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Wolfed Out

Here are a couple opf links about how bad wheat/gluten etc are - they are poisons to us

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/page/dark-side-wheat-new-perspectives-celiac-disease-wheat-intolerance-sayer-ji

http://dogtorj.tripod.com/id23.html

This last one is from a vet who really knows about nutrition.

I am really struggling with my diet since I found I was allergic to rice so am raw vegan apart from chicken every other day while I am seeing if it is good for me or not. If it is not then I am really stuck as there is little left and a high fat raw vegan diet is not good.

mati

Posts: 148 | From europe | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Springshowers, we're so much alike! Good work on your diet [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Except, I can't ever "cheat". Unfortunately, I have to even be careful of "cross contamination" as well. Even a crumb throws my GI tract for a loop, and if I "cheat", the heart symptoms and neurological symptoms really attack. So I'm okay with eating this way, if it makes me feel better and wards off symptoms!

I really encourage everyone to try going strict gluten free, if your doctor has recommended or approved it of course, and see how your body does. Even if you have a little gluten in there, you probably won't reap the benefits from the diet at all.

TexasChaos
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TexasChaos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, springshowers, for this fabulous thread! And I am so thrilled to see Lymenet folks getting along for once... [Big Grin]
Posts: 220 | From central TX | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hey All. I got an ionic foot bath and have been using it and getting really good results.

I read that the array can be used for Foot, hand or body and read a few spots online that talk about how you can use the device in the bathtub.

I want try that next!

greengirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greengirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the lymphatic drainage work: anyone have more symptoms (or herxing) afterward. There have been a couple times in the past year that I've gotten massage or cranial sacral and, almost immediately, I've gotten a huge awful cold/bronchitis, with awful pain.

Also, how do you brush your body?

Posts: 252 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Yes after lymphatic drainage you can herx of feel sick etc. If you do them ongoing you will feel that less and less.

To Brush you body you use a natural bristle brush and you do it Dry brush and dry body. You are supposed to brush toward your heart. So start at the feet and hands and then pull upward. I use little circles around the area I am working on and then end it with long full strokes to pull toward the heart. I do the feet and ankles and then the calves and thighs and then the hands and arms and then the torso and back. Include your head or at least neck too..
NOt too hard but you will see your skin turn a bit pinkish. That is good and that is enough. It goes pretty quick and takes me about 10 minutes only and I try to do it two times a day..

I have a lot of pain and this has been one of the things that seems to help or at least distract from the pain and gets blood flowing and detoxes the skin by opening up the pores. I take a bath typically after the am brushing and sometimes at night too but usually the 2nd brush I just do to without one after but still enjoy and feel the benefit.

Hope that helps some.

Oh And brush those under arms and around those lymph spots. In the front area too around where the neck meets your chest and where the knees bend behind knees. THose are good lymph spots to stimulate.

springshowers
Member # 19863

Anyone bought one of those Dome Infared Saunas that just go across your part of your body at a time?

I use them at my doctors office and like them but not sure if it is worth buying? They are about 900 dollars. I am not able to get a sauna that is a full one as I have to move out of my house and need something transportable for now.

I also saw just the belts and have used those and amazed how well they feel they work to heat up your core.

Imaginit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imaginit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spring,
I have the portable one that you sit in and your head sticks out. About $200 at National Pool Wholesalers with free shipping. I LOVE it--it has been instrumental in keeping the pain down and detoxing.

It also is warrantied for a year so when my heater broke they immediately replaced it free of charge.

I don't have a lot of room in my house either and this works well.

Posts: 123 | From Montana | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Thanks that is great... I am a bit leary of the material used on those? What is it made of and have you had any smells or such?

I was looking at the these called Hot House

http://www.energywellnessproducts.com/

Imaginit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imaginit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those look so interesting. And you said you've used them at your doctor's office and liked them?--I would go for it. It appears from what I read they do the exact same thing as a full size one.

Yes there are smells with the one I have but they go away after the first few times of using it.

I am somewhat chemically sensitive but I don't have a problem with it.

If you do get the half circle ones, let me know how it works for you. Is this wear you bought your foot detoxer?

Posts: 123 | From Montana | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

What things do you all take internally for detox and toxin absorption

I know of
Wechol
Cholstrymine
Those two are prescriptions

Then
Activated Charcol

Can anyone help add to the list
THanks much

lightparfait
Member # 22022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightparfait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For beginners, I recommend the "detox box" by Dr. Mark Hyman...can order online...a great guide for a great beginning cleanse to clear your body initially, to see what is remaining to tackle...helps with eliminating allergies and candida!

Those who do this for 6 weeks have life long positive health effects. For me...I have lost all my seasonal allergies and animal allergies after doing this over 4 years ago...

IT helped me have a clearer body before treating lyme...and helped me know what was lyme and what was allergies or candida, etc...when all symptoms seem to mesh together.

I also did this after taking abx..very helpful!

This is not the same as allergie -immun at all.

That clears deeper miasms and dysregulatins in the detox pathways...do not be confused...but it does help clear out loads of the debris we all carry around. very worthwhile for novices who cannot figure this all out on your own.

This is not a heavy metal detox...but a full body, blood, and intestinal cleansing detox.

Product Description for the Detox Box:

The Detox Box, created by holistic physician Mark Hyman, M.D., gives you everything you need to complete a safe, effective, and medically informed detoxification program at home. Designed for total cleansing to remove toxins and allergens, boost immunity, and restore energy levels, The Detox Box includes:

* A 64-page book explaining the science of detoxification, including specific instructions for 7-, 14-, and 21-day detoxification programs. A convenient record-keeping section helps you track your progress.

* Two assessment questionnaires help you gauge your levels of exposure and customize your program.

* Two CDs: Disc one explains how you can aid the body in detoxifying from pesticides, air pollution, and impurities in our water; Disc two leads you through three 20-minute yoga sequences designed to support the process.

* 70 flash cards make it easy to follow--and stick with--every step of the program, before, during, and after. Contains detailed information on diet, supplements, and inner cleansing practices. Includes preparation checklists, daily schedules, shopping lists, important tips on completing the program, and more.

Posts: 1009 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

THanks I always wondered about that Detox Box and if it was affective or not.

DO you know how it works?

springshowers
Member # 19863

UP

I wanted to add that my Rife machine always helped with Organ support and Detox and now that is all I use it for.

For me it is a staple in my detox modalities.

I also now have an ionic foot bath and it is very helpful too.

springshowers
Member # 19863

Karenl

I wanted to address your questions about the detox foot bath.

When I started using the machine I already had worked on Detox a lot and I did 30 and 45 minutes right off the bat. I even was able to use it up to 2 times a day for a few days in a row to help pull me out of some bad days. But I would NOT do that if you have not a clear feeling and indication of where you are in the detox of your body. I am to the place where I know how to clear stuff out when it builds up and know how it feels. Before that for the longest time I was not there and I would work so hard and still always feel bad.
Also you have to be careful though as you can get burns on your ankles where the water hits your skin. My machine is powerful and to adjust you have to reduce the salt you put in the water as opposed to reduce any power or reduce time. The power source is either on or off and there is no timeer. It is simple yet powerful machine. You can use 1 tsp on my machine and I am still at 1/2 and started out at 1/4 tsp.

So my advice is to start with 1/4 or less salt and see how that goes and slowly increase it. But do the full 30 minutes and even work up to 45.

I never herxed from it and always felt better immediately after and for hours or the whole day. On days I feel ok I do not use it but am going to start ot do it on a regular basis no mater how I feel to keep things moving.

Also. The first week i got it I did not feel much result and was a bit skeptical. But I kept at it and by the 2nd week and 3rd week it got better and better. Not sure why that is but thought I would mention it.

farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for this great thread! I am reading it in spurts as I can. But here's a question for you:

How do you prepare food for yourself? What do you prepare? There are so many things you need to avoid that it is hard to tell what you should fix. I am in bed nearly all the time and depend on my husband for food. He buys and cooks it.

I start the day with a protein shake (Trader Joe's protein powder) made with plain yogurt, a few frozen strawberries, a little orange juice and ice and MMS powder)

For lunch I have a tuna sandwich on whole grain bread. Or some yogurt if I am nauseated.

For dinner we have a chicken, fish or meat, vegetables and rice or potatoes. We often share on orange or an apple for dessert.

And that's it. I am just not hungry, even though I used to be a restaurant critic! Funny, huh? I love to cook but cannot even make it downstairs to the kitchen.

When I got sick I suddenly gained lots of weight. My thyroid grew huge and had to be removed. I had always been rather slim...even after pregnancies and while eating in restaurants every night.

The only change in my added weight was after 6 weeks in the hospital with 2x daily IV's of vancomycin and naphcillin. I was unable to eat at all, except for protein shakes. I lost 70 pounds in 6 weeks! And I felt much better and could walk and get out of bed.

But then I gradually relapsed and discovered I had lyme disease and put the weight back on. I had to teach my husband how to cook, giving him instructions from my bed. But he is a big man, a Norwegian who loves red meat! I am slowly converting him.

I just don't know what to tell him to fix. I hate even thinking about food these days. I tell him to bring me very small amounts so I can get it down. And most food tastes awful to me. He is cooking very well, but doesn't know what to fix.

It doesn't seem to make sense to go through all the great detoxing ideas here if you are not eating properly. And how do you manage to eat new foods if you are already nauseated? How do you cook if you can barely walk??? If I had my way I would live on protein shakes!

Years ago I wrote a cookbook. Maybe you all could send me some ideas and I could write a new cookbook for lymies!

I would start it out by listing the contents of a well stocked pantry. I would list the things you can find at local farmers markets. But then what???

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In case anyone missed this on one of the other threads, I thought this would be an appropriate place to post this article since it's related to toxins:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_285/ai_n19170382/?tag=content;col1

For those of you who don't have issues with magnesium and want to do a detox bath, this is the one I've been using three times a week. This comes from Dr. Jernigan's book:

---Detox Bath: Put the thermometer in the water to make sure the temperature is around 98 degrees, NOT warmer. (You do not want HOT water as that can make you feel worse). **My comments; I've never used a thermometer and probably have had the water hotter than it should be at times. Not saying it's a good idea, but I'm still alive and kicking. [Big Grin]

As the water is running, add 4 to 6 cups of Epsom Salts and entire bottle(s) of Hydrogen Peroxide (32 oz., food grade is 3%). Some use 2 bottles.

Before getting into the bath, you will need a Natural Fiber Brush and do a "dry skin brushing" to unclog your pores always brushing toward your heart, don't forget to brush the soles of your feet too!

The Epsom Salts help draw out the toxins and at the same time the magnesium absorbs into your bloodstream, most people do NOT have enough magnesium. The Hydrogen Peroxide adds oxygen into your bloodstream which lyme spirochetes hate. Try to stay in the bath a minimum of 20 to 30 minutes, the longer, the better.

Detox Baths are NOT a one time thing. One must do them daily or start off slow and eventually build up to them. One bath will not accomplish much. NOTE: Most people feel "worse" during the first week of detox baths and eventually feel better since it is a cumulative effect.

Epsom Salts and Hydrogen Peroxide: Recent research has shown that one when soaks in a bath of magnesium sulfate, both magnesium and the sulfate independently increase measurably in the blood and urine. Magnesium sulfate helps stabilize Hydrogen Peroxide so that the ultimate breakdown into H2O and free oxygen is more gradual and functional to the process of benefiting the body. This research documents the very real beneficial aspects of this bath therapy.

Actions of Bath Ingredients:

Hydrogen Peroxide: a simple non-toxic molecule of H2O2 that is beneficial in oxidizing (breaking down) toxins as well as killing anaerobic microbes. It will also detoxify pesticides and petroleum-based toxins and oxidize metals. Hydrogen Peroxide is also naturally produced by macrophages in the body to kill harmful bacteria.

The Epsom Salt Council reports this:

Magnesium is the second most abundant element in human cells and the fourth-most positivity charged ion in the body.

The National Academy of Sciences reports: Most Americans are magnesium deficient helping to account for our society's high rate of heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis, arthritis and joint pain, digestive maladies and stress-related illnesses.

Raising magnesium levels may improve heart and circulatory health, reducing irregular heartbeats, preventing hardening of the arteries, lowering blood pressure. Flush toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances.

Ginger: functions to open up pores of the skin and increase the blood flow at the surface of the skin so that the oxygen from the hydrogen peroxide can do its work in detoxifying poisons and kill bacteria and fungi. The pores open wider so that the magnesium sulfate can be more readily absorbed. Ginger is invigorating and can stimulate perspiration for the elimination of toxins.---

I love taking detox baths and feel that they have benefitted me tremendously.

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hi All

Great Idea about the CookBook. THe ingredients are the first key anyway and after that you have to be creative and balance the foods. I find you have to have enough protein and that can be hard. The shakes are good but finding other things can be hard. I use organic free range chicken now and again and beans and vegetarian soy products sometimes. For me rotating products is good so you do not do too much soy or too much of any one thing.

I know its rough and I am not hungry alot of the time either. I try to do 3 meals of some sort and then I get sick to my stomach fast so I have to put it in the fridge and eat slowly smaller amounts when I can.

I have no answers really that are perfect and though I can relate to you.

THanks Gary for the bath recipies again. They are great and I can not do without my baths. They help a lot. Running out of ingredients though and I wondered if you have a source for Bulk Items that you might be able to share>??

THanks
Much

lightparfait
Member # 22022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightparfait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOtes from Dr. K on diet:

Proteins: A high protein diet is only good for healthy people....healthy people only get good results on mostly protein. Sick people do this thinking it is best...and get sicker or relapses and wonder why.

Protein acidifies your body and the bugs get "happy" in an acid environment. Therefore, people with lyme (bugs), do not do well on a high protein diet. Follow the lyme diet...which is low protein and lots of good vegetables, carbs.

Check you PH regularly, and adjust your diet when necessary to maintain a healthy balance.

Urine: healthy range (6.0 - 6.4)
less than 6.0 is acid
more than 6.4 is alkaline

Saliva : healthy range ( 6.5 - 6.9)
less than 6.5 is acid

Posts: 1009 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Thanks Light

I have been following the Lyme diet and got some new test results that say I should add more protein.

I though will be very careful and not push it for sure. I do get very very little and maybe I need to just add a bit more. I was eating something that was protein only every few weeks to one time a month even.

I though this year added protein shakes and upped eating something like chicken one time a week.

That still is quite a bit limited I think? DO you agree? I guess I should have been more specific.

Everything is perspective .. and individual.

springshowers
Member # 19863

Reminder about Bentonite clay. Great Detoxer

My favorite oral detoxer and binder !!!

springshowers
Member # 19863

UP for people who started a new thread looking for specifics all in one spot.

We all gathered quite a range if ideas and methods here

HOpe it helps you

littlebit27
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks springs..

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

I have to add here.

Inclinded Bed Therapy IBT. It think it is helping with toxins and detox as it "Maybe" does not allow them to build up as you lay down fully horizontal. Or maybe it is other reasons for the system to keep working better? NOt sure

But its helping.

http://heal-me.com.au/ibt.html

What do you have to loose?

springshowers
Member # 19863

TO the List of Detox Ideas.

I have been seeing a Homeopathic doctor again as I have on and off and he gave me 3 remedies to use together to help detox.

I pulled out an old set from another doctor from a long time ago who did the same thing and gave me what he called a "Detox Kit" It comes in a box with 3 bottles in it and you do a certain numbers of drops a certain number of times a day.

Now I did not finish the first set years ago and I know it was because I was SOOOO Sick I did not notice a difference and I just got 1/2 way through the protocol.

I now do notice a difference and my doctor now has me on this therapy.

So I wanted to as this idea to all the other ideas here.!!

Blessings

eightybarb
Member # 24968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eightybarb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lightparfait:
For beginners, I recommend the "detox box" by Dr. Mark Hyman...can order online...a great guide for a great beginning cleanse to clear your body initially, to see what is remaining to tackle...helps with eliminating allergies and candida!

Those who do this for 6 weeks have life long positive health effects. For me...I have lost all my seasonal allergies and animal allergies after doing this over 4 years ago...

IT helped me have a clearer body before treating lyme...and helped me know what was lyme and what was allergies or candida, etc...when all symptoms seem to mesh together.

I also did this after taking abx..very helpful!

This is not the same as allergie -immun at all.

That clears deeper miasms and dysregulatins in the detox pathways...do not be confused...but it does help clear out loads of the debris we all carry around. very worthwhile for novices who cannot figure this all out on your own.

This is not a heavy metal detox...but a full body, blood, and intestinal cleansing detox.

Product Description for the Detox Box:

The Detox Box, created by holistic physician Mark Hyman, M.D., gives you everything you need to complete a safe, effective, and medically informed detoxification program at home. Designed for total cleansing to remove toxins and allergens, boost immunity, and restore energy levels, The Detox Box includes:

* A 64-page book explaining the science of detoxification, including specific instructions for 7-, 14-, and 21-day detoxification programs. A convenient record-keeping section helps you track your progress.

* Two assessment questionnaires help you gauge your levels of exposure and customize your program.

* Two CDs: Disc one explains how you can aid the body in detoxifying from pesticides, air pollution, and impurities in our water; Disc two leads you through three 20-minute yoga sequences designed to support the process.

* 70 flash cards make it easy to follow--and stick with--every step of the program, before, during, and after. Contains detailed information on diet, supplements, and inner cleansing practices. Includes preparation checklists, daily schedules, shopping lists, important tips on completing the program, and more.

Light
Can we use the Detox box while on ABX

Posts: 96 | From Germantown | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Anyone heard of "the master cleanse"

* 2 Tablespoons of organic lemon juice

* 2 Tablespoons of organic grade B maple syrup

* 1/10 Teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

* 10 oz of filtered water

Of course there is more to it than that I guess about how to eat and how to prepare for it etc.

http://mastercleansesecrets.com/book

springshowers
Member # 19863

SO years ago before I got sick my girlfriend would drag me with her (i forgot all about this) and she would go to a place that did body wraps for detox.

Back then the goal was to loose a couple inches to fit into that dress !!.

Well I stumbled on this site that shows you how to do them at home. The solutions may need to be found as to what is exactly in them. I am sure I can find it if I dig deeper. But I now remember trying to do body wraps at home even just for sweating.

Well since we are always looking for home detox methods you may want to read this page for an idea on how to do body wraps. I am sure you can use various things even above and beyond the 3 they mention but the technique is the same.

I am going to do some and see how it goes!

http://www.wrapyourselfslim.com/blog/make-a-body-wrap-heres-how/

springshowers
Member # 19863

Hey All..

I am sure we can keep adding to this thread with more ideas.

I also keep reading that people can not find all the detox ideas in one place and are having trouble finding information.

I think that this thread pulls together many many of the ideas for detox support that many of us use.

Would it be better to create a list based on what was written in this whole tread and include it here too?

I can pull that together if that would be something that people would like to see.

springshowers
Member # 19863

LIST of Detox ideas -

At Home

1. Detox Baths - Daily Gently if tolerated -
People put in various combinations of things such as
Sea Salt, Epson Salt, Peroxide, Ginger, Baking Soda, Clay
Vinegar and more

2. Detox Coffee Enemas - Or Warm Water or Salt

3. Detox Rife Frequencies - Detox Box

4. Drink Bentonite clay

5. Prescribed things like Welchol or Cholestrymine

There are over the counter binders that one can use if you can't get cholestyramine or can't tolerate it.
Beta sitosterol
Cholestepure
Modified apple pectin
Activated Charcoal (supposedly 62% as effective as Cholestyramine)
Micronized chitosan
Sarsparilla (per Dr. K)
Butyrate

6. Bouncing on Rebounder

7. Dry brushing of skin

8. Enough Water (1 oz per 1/2 of your body weight)

9. Walk or do something active if possible

10.Organ support supplements

11. Various Dr. Protocols or Formulas

12. Getting Load of Infections down if possible

13. Support Immune system

14. Clean Diet

15. Oil Pulling

16. Infared Sauna / Hot House / Sauna / Jacuzzi / Hot Tub

17. Lemon Water or Master Cleanse Drink

18.Inclined Bed Therapy

19. Detox Body Wrap

At Doctors Clinic
1. Laser Lymph Drainage Detox
2. Ozone Sauna
3. Ionic Foot Baths
4. IV Glutithione
5. IV Ozone Blood Treatments
6. Myers Cocktails
7. Vitamin C IV
8. Reiki
9. Energy Healing
10. LED / Photon
11. Acupuncture
12. Lymph Massage

Details and links etc are included and provided by many people who contributed to this thread in the postings so you can look through or do a word search and find more details about a subject your do your own outside research.

This was intended for just and "idea" thread and give people ideas of the things they can do and course there is much more information about each of these things out there to research and gain knowledge about and get instructions on how to do specifically that you would want to do that homework before embarking on any treatment including detox modalities.

Thanks you.. everyone

springshowers
Member # 19863

Hi

Has anyone heard of homotoxicology?

`Homotoxins' as substances that were harmful to the human body.
Exogenous toxins that are introduced or produced from outside the human body include air
pollution, chemicals, pesticides, metals such as mercury, allopathic drug residue, bacteria,
viruses, infections in the gut, including Candida, and gut dysbiosis (often due to an
unhealthy diet).

Go to this link or do other searches for more info. I had not heard this term before but looks to be a homeopathic base combined with other various ways to help detox your body.

http://drdarrellsamples.com/homotoxicology.html

springshowers
Member # 19863

Hello

Bumping this up because I have been getting a few pms asking me about what I have used to help me detox and how it has helped me.

Here is a great thread and with many other peoples idess as well.

Blessigs

keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!
Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Your welcome.

Anyone have any new ideas to add to this list?

springshowers
Member # 19863

I want to add that there is an order to things that i have learned.

FIRST - Disolve and treat BIOFILMS (on empty stomach)

SECOND - KILL Bugs (using whatever method your on either abx or natural methods including rife) Good idea to do or take the treatment 30 to 60 minutes after taking the Biofilm Treatment

THIRD - Soak up or detox toxins (using things presrcibed or natural internally away from any other medications and then using things from this detox thread )

This order is always in my mind

daisys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to find this thread...I came here in confusion, and think I've found my answers.

I've been working on detox and candida issues, using some of the recommendations already listed. I've had some Lyme symptoms slowly come back, and am now on my 2nd (hopefully last) course of ABX, minocycline and grapefruit seed extract. While I was off treatment, I took Samento/Cumanda, 12 days each, trading off, along with grapefruit seed extract.

I've been puzzled by not feeling much difference since starting treatment, with very little herxing. I have 2 blocked detox pathways (methylation and sulfuric), and work at detoxing every day. So, now I see that not herxing makes sense in my situation, especially since my infectious, heavy metal, and general toxic load is way down.

The one puzzle I have yet to figure out is the weight gain. I was stable at my ideal weight and then began gaining, which my LLMD counted as a lyme symptom. I've been on treatment for over 2 weeks, and I still am gaining. I'm now at the top end of normal weight for my height, and in the biggest of the clothes that I kept.

I've been very good with diet, but relaxed a LITTLE in maintenance. I wonder if such a tiny amount of sugar (summer fruit, dark chocolate) could cause weight gain like this.I stayed at my ideal weight for a while on the exact diet that I'm eating now. I'm getting more strict by the day, and the weight is still slowly creeping up.

Anyway, I'm going to just plug along, try to get more regular with the pilates, and hope I get squared away eventually. I do walk, and my energy is better than it has been in years (about 50%).

I do feel that NOW my lyme disease is mainly one of malfunctioning detox systems. My husband tests positive for lyme infection and remains healthy and symptom free. He has never been treated. The older he gets, the better he follows my example in diet, which may keep him from ever getting symptoms. I'm hoping to control the symptoms by lifestyle habits, along with the herbs.

I agree with Springshowers: dissolve biofilm, kill bugs, and then get it all out of here!

Posts: 552 | From New Mexico, USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hi

I do not often come across Great websites or Articles but..

This Site is a Must Read in my opinion.

Go to the "articles" page.

This doctor wrote most all of them himself and there is a long list of Very useful information for us all.

It also is kept up to date as I noticed the dates on the site are current.

Please take a look.. You will not regret it.

And it has LOTS of DETOX articles and ideas and specific HOW TO articles too.

http://drlwilson.com/index.htm

There is a start of a doctor referral page as well as a Support Page for patients who want to network in their new way of life of taking great care of themselves ...

Take a look. I really like the site and information.

Ironically the doctor is in my state and I have not heard of him before.. But he does mention my new Homeopathic doctor in his list.

Let me know what you think

springshowers
Member # 19863

Hello

Great Idea with Vegan Diet.

Juicing is another great thing. Like the Gerson Diet. They do juicing and Coffee enemas all day long.

Huge Detox!

Diet and what you eat and put in your mouth daily makes a big difference.

As I start to feel better I Found myself cheating and I noticed and it was not for the better. My body was not happy with me.

IF you take out all the preservatives and prepackaged foods and eat only real whole food that is one step. Then take out anything white and refined.

Then if you want to take it further you can even take out all grains and anything that translates to sugars.

Just veggies and protein of some sort ( I have realized I can not skip out on protein and even on a vegan diet the vegan proteins for me are not enough so I go to organic chicken and or fish )

Also no dairy as I use and rotate rice milk, almond milk, and soy milk. None of those only are good I feel so I rotate them.

I use fruits only in my smoothies such as blue berries and though I do have green apples and lemons and some of the not so sweet varieties.

Great to hear of the improvement on Diet Mati.

And to those who keep asking me about Detox this thread is full of great ideas and things you can do all day every day and incorporate into your daily life that WILL Make a big difference.

Esp if you do a combination of quite a few of them together and they work together.

I am working down to using up the supplements I have left and diet and detox are going to be all I do.

But I will say I had to do a BIG HIT of Killing of this bug with a full integrative IV Lyme Protocol treatment for 6 months straight along with detox detox detox detox.. I would not been able to treat without detox. I would not be able to do what I am doing now without the detox.

So detox is what it took to treat and detox is what it is taking to sustain what I accomplished when I treated.. And detox is what is going to change my body for the future.

I really have changed how I feel about detox. I used to think of it totally differently. There are so many ways and angles and things you can do that will affect and work in different ways that are all detox.

ESP while trying to treat and kill bugs detox is so extremely important. For years I took this lightly. Not anymore.

springshowers
Member # 19863

Hello

Here is a HUGE List of DETOX modalities with details and links to each.

Take a look here and you will see. Here is an outline of what you will find inside.

http://www.health-spy.com/toxicity3.html

Detoxification Protocols

'Assisted Detoxification' Categories
Stimulating Your Lymphatic and Cardiovascular Circulation
Balancing Liver Function and Energy Levels during a Detoxification Programme
How detoxification fits into your overall programme

Detoxification Supplements and Techniques to Assist Cellular Detoxification

Absorbants Overview
Chlorella
Bentonite Clay - Internal and External Use
Diatomaceous Earth (D.E.)
Charcoal
Fibre
Bacteria

Chelation
Introduction
Mechanism
Method of Administration: Intravenous, Anal and Oral
Categorisation - Chelation vs Mobilisation - What to Take and When
Low Frequent Dose Chelation - The Cutler Protocol
Toxicity of Certain Synthetic Chelating Agents
Comparative Studies and Reviews of Chelating Agents
Targetted Chelation by Heavy Metal
Use of Absorbants in Parallel
Balancing Chelation
Critics of Chelation Therapy
Proper Hydration
Demineralisation and Mineral Supplementation
Dosage
Over-Detoxification Side Effects
Frequency of Administration
Supporting Liver Function
Measuring the Progress of your Chelation Programme
Chelating Agent Reviews
Activated Zeolites - Natural Cellular Defense (NCD)
Modified Citrus Pectin (MCP) / Modified Alginate Complex (MAC)
Detoxamin (EDTA Suppositories)
OSR#1 - Oxidative Stress Relief
IP6
Mobilising/Chelating Combination Product Reviews
Fermented Peptides & Micronised Chlorella
PCA-Rx
Metal-Free
NDF nd NDF Plus
Heavy Metal Nano Detox
Zeotrex
Mobilising Agent Reviews
Lipoic Acid
Thiamine TetrahydroFurfuryl Disulfide (TTFD)
Fulvic Acid and Humic Acid
Cilantro (Coriander Leaf)
General
Other Chelating/Mobilising Herbs
Mobilising Products containing Cilantro (Chelorex)

Phospholipid Therapy
Role of Phospholipids
Soy Lecithin
Oral Phosphatidyl Choline Supplementation
Phospholipid Exchange (PLX) - IV Phosphatidyl Choline Infusions
Combining PLX with FIR Saunas

Light (EMR) Therapies
Introduction
Far Infrared (FIR) Saunas
What is FIR and how does it work?
Types of FIR Sauna
Considerations for FIR Sauna Usage
Combining FIR Saunas with other Detoxification Protocols
Experimentation
Light Beam Generator (LBG) aka OAPD
LymphStar Pro
Lustre - Electro Lymphatic Drainage/Therapy (ELT)
Laser Energetic Detoxification (LED)
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)

Other Electromagnetic Stimulation
Foot Detox Patches and Tourmaline
Foot Detox Patches
Tourmaline Jewelry
Example of a Liver and Gallbladder Cleanse

Kidney Stone Elimination

Skin Cleansing
Bentonite Clay Bath
'Mud' Pack
Skin Exfoliation
Skin Brushing

Himalayan Crystal Salt Bath
MSM Bath

Other Detoxification Methods
Detoxification Diets
Homeopathic Remedies

springshowers
Member # 19863

http://www.webshopemporium.com/lymeandco-infectionAlternativeTreatments.htm

Go down to category

Detox
Biotoxins
Drainage Remedies

That are about half way down the page

springshowers
Member # 19863

Would the group like to see this Thread up on the quick links or does that hide it more?

Some have asked me about this for this thread?

deerose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deerose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spring: you said remove biofilm KiLL detox

that clicked

so how do you remove the biofilm? or is the question which part of the detox removes the biofilm? or is that the abx dept or what?

just began psyllium powder 1/2 t as a binder
began H202 bath

[ 08-21-2010, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: deerose ]

--------------------
Not everything in life that can be counted counts and not every thing that counts can be counted...Albert Einstein

Posts: 208 | From Northeast | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What brands of ionic foot baths are you finding most helpfuL?
Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

I was recommended to get this one type from Ebay that someone that is a Md told me had just a good power source as many expensive ones and it costed me 299 on Ebay.
If you go there and do a search it is the one with the big ugly photos of the gunk and someones feet in the foot bath as the main photo.
OR pm me and i can help you find it if you like. I do not remember the name of it off the top of my head.

It works well for me so far..

springshowers
Member # 19863

Up for someone asking about this thread
springshowers
Member # 19863

HI I am answering a PM via this support thread and will also PM you back soon.

The cleanest and best product for Bentonite clay is supposedly (I have no real proof or documents but heard from a few people)

http://www.yerba.com/storefront/item.asp?id=81

Yerba Prima Brand

You can take this while on AntiBiotics but do not take within a couple hours on each side just as you would other detox supplements that you do not want the absorption to be interfered with.

Hope this help
Talk to you soon
Blessings

springshowers
Member # 19863

This is a great link and site and detailed info on Parasite cleansing and detoxing!!

Treatment: Enemas
An enema is an at-home method of cleansing your colon (large intestine), and helps to rid the body of accumulated toxins. While the enema cleanses only the colon, by stimulating flow of bile and excretion of stool, the enema also encourages the small intestine to move its contents, including any toxins it contains.
A typical enema uses a quart of water at body temperature mixed with herbs, coffee or mineral salts. All you need to do an enema are:

✓enema ingredients, including warm filtered water
✓enema bag (or a hot water bottle fitted for an enema), available at your local pharmacy.
✓towels (for cleanup)

Many conditions may prompt one to take an enema. Perhaps the most common is constipation. But just as you give your home a good spring cleaning, it's also a good idea to give your colon a good spring cleaning. Actually, I like to do a routine salt-soda enema twice a year, just to 'clean house.' It has the added benefit of stimulating the lymph system to clean itself.
When parasites are present, and especially when they die-off (from treatment), they loose many toxic substances into their environment, which can be picked up by the blood, causing distress. The liver works overtime to detoxify these substances, and can become tired and weak. A good colon cleanse can help the liver rid itself of the toxic substances. One of the best cleanses for this purpose is the coffee enema, which acts to stimulate bile secretion into the small intestine; bile is essential for detox. A coffee enema is also an excellent general colon cleanse.
An enema containing garlic is a good choice if you have parasites (pathogenic bacteria, candida, pinworms, etc.) in your large intestine. It's best to mix some salt into the enema fluids, to help the mucosa shed toxins, and to reduce transfer of water into and out of the cells. The garlic-Epsom salt enema is a good example.
After giving yourself a cleansing or coffee enema, its always good practice to follow with a probiotic enema, to restore probiotics removed by the enema. Restoring probiotics improves your immune system and helps detox. To be most effective, take probiotics both orally and in an enema (see next paragraph for examples). See below for probiotic enema instructions.
Also add probiotic capsules or powder to your supplement list for about a week after an enema, and increase your intake of probiotic foods (kefir, lacto-beverages, buttermilk, yogurt, sauerkraut and other lacto-condiments, and lfermented cabbage juice).
One last word of warning: NEVER take enemas for longer than 7 consecutive days, or you will become dependent on enemas for a bowel movement. For acute problems, I prefer to take enemas for 3 - 5 days and then take a 2 day rest before starting another round.
I am not a doctor and am not qualified to advise you on your specific health situation. My intent is merely to raise awareness and express opinion.

Salt & Soda Enema instructions

*2 quarts filtered water,
*1 Tbsp salt
*1 Tbsp baking soda
Warm water to 120 degrees. Stir in salt and soda until dissolved. Allow to cool to 110 - 118 degrees F. Fill bag and hang from showerhead. Insert tip (soap is a good lubricant), crouch so tip is about 2 - 3 feet below the bag, and allow fluid to flow into my bowel.
If you are constipated, deliver only about a cup of solution at a time, until you have emptied your colon (the water runs out clear). For the first cup or so, don't try to hold it more than 5 minutes before voiding.
If you are not constipated, lie on side and hold as long as possible, 10 - 15 minutes, massaging abdomen gently in large counter-clockwise circles. Then expel into toilet.
You can also take a salt and soda bath, to relieve symptoms during a cleanse: Mix 1/2 pound salt and 1/2 pound baking soda. Dissolve in hot bath water. Get into the bath and relax.

Catherine's Coffee Enema instructions
It's important to void the lower part of your bowel before taking a coffee enema. If you are constipated, use the salt & soda enema (above) for this purpose.

*1 quart filtered water,
*3 - 4 Tbsp drip-grind coffee (not decaf), and
*pinch of Celtic sea salt.
Bring to boil and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, pour through strainer into quart measuring cup; add cold filtered water to bring back to 4 cups. Allow to cool to 110 - 118 degrees F, then pour into enema bag.
Hang bag from shower head, insert enema tip (use a bit of soap to lubricate it), crouch so tip is about 2 - 3 feet below the bag, and allow fluid to flow into my bowel.
Remove tip; lie in bed on right side for 5-10 minutes; roll over to left side for another 5-10 minutes. Then expel into toilet. For a first enema, you might only be able to hold it for 5 minutes, but try to hold it as long as you can. It's also a good idea to void any stool before taking enema. If constipated, give a salt enema to void stool (see below for recipe), then follow with coffee enema.
Follow coffee enema with a probiotic enema (see below for recipe).
Alternate Method:
This method stimulates bile secretion, but does not clean higher in the colon.
Make coffee mixture as above, but deliver only about 1 cup of enema into colon. Lie on side (as instructed above) for 10 - 15 minutes, then expel. Repeat with another cup of enema, etc., until the bag is empty (about 4 enemas).
Follow coffee enema with a probiotic enema (see below for recipe).

Garlic-Epsom Salt Enema instructions

Precaution: This enema is very purging. Use no more than twice during a fast.
*3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
*2 quarts filtered water
*2 Tbsp Epsom salt
Combine garlic and water in saucepan and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in Epsom salt. Allow to cool to 110 - 118 degrees F, then pour into enema bag.
Hang bag from shower head, insert enema tip (use a bit of soap to lubricate it), crouch so tip is about 2 - 3 feet below the bag, and allow fluid to flow into my bowel, massaging abdomen in counter-clockwise direction (up left side, across top, down right side, across bottom).
Remove tip; lie in bed on right side for 5 minutes, massaging abdomen; roll over to left side for another 5 minutes, continuing to massage abdomen. Then expel into toilet.

Probiotic Enema instructions

NOTE: if using commercial yogurt, make certain it says "contains live bacteria," (and not "made with live bacteria"). Also use plain, unsweetened yogurt or kefir. Preferably homemade.

*2 quarts warm filtered water,
*2 Tbsp yogurt or kefir, or 4 - 5 capsules of probiotic, or 1/8 tsp powdered probiotic
If using powdered probiotic (or capsules), choose one high in bifidus (bifidobacteria), as this is the primary beneficial bacteria in the colon. Acidophilus (and other lactobacillus bacteria) is often recommended, but it prefers the environment of the small intestine rather than the colon. If using yogurt, choose one that includes bifidus.
Warm water to 120 degrees. Stir in yogurt/kefir/probiotic until dissolved. If using capsules, open caps and dump contents into warm water. Allow to cool to 110 - 118 degrees F. Fill bag and hang from showerhead. Insert tip (soap is a good lubricant), crouch so tip is about 2 - 3 feet below the bag, and allow fluid to flow into my bowel.
Lie on side and hold as long as possible, at least 5 minutes, massaging abdomen gently in large counter-clockwise circles. Then expel into toilet.
You may want to use only 1 quart at a time, especially if you have difficulty holding this enema.

Sources:

1.CureZone.com: see http://curezone.com/art/1.asp?C0=818.com/art/1.asp?C0=818 for index. Also:
2.Salt & Soda Enema: http://curezone.com/art/read.asp?ID=34&db=5&C0=0
3.History of Coffee Enema: http://curezone.com/art/read.asp?ID=29&db=5&C0=0
4.Description of Coffee Enema: http://curezone.com/art/read.asp?ID=31&db=5&C0=0
5.Basic Coffee Enema Procedure & Description: http://curezone.com/art/read.asp?ID=39&db=5&C0=0
6.Coffee Enema for Liver Detox: http://curezone.com/art/read.asp?ID=28&db=5&C0=0
7.Probiotic Enema: http://curezone.com/art/read.asp?ID=37&db=5&C0=0
8.Garlic-Epson Salt Enema: http://curezone.com/art/read.asp?ID=32&db=5&C0=0

return to Disease Menu or Health Essays Menu

springshowers
Member # 19863

Intestinal Parasites & Worms
Parasites are organisms that live off another organism. While some can be harmless, most do harm to the host. There are many parasites that can live in the human body, from single celled microbes to multi-celled worms.
In the US, most health practitioners believe we are safe from parasites unless we go overseas, but this is simply not the case. Think of the pinworm or head-lice problems in grade schools. And it's not limited to children. Many adults also have parasites and may not be aware of it until the problem gets serious.
Perhaps the most common (abundant) variety is the fungal form of Candida yeast. As a single-celled yeast, candida is a normal resident of the colon (large intestine), helping us to process our food. But when conditions are "right," candida can morph into a multi-celled fungus that invades the small intestine and from there, enters the blood stream and can migrate to any other organs in the body. Common places to find this fungus are in the mouth and throat (thrush), sinuses, and sex organs (vaginitis or jock itch). Refer to Candidiasis for more.
Parasite Symptoms
How do you know if you have a parasite infection? The clearest way is when you see them in your stool, especially during an enema. You can also have a stool analysis. But chances are if you have problems with constipation, weight gain or weight loss, headaches, excessive gas, and other intestinal symptoms, you have intestinal parasites.
In addition to intestinal parasites, there are parasites such as flukes that invade the heart, lungs, liver or other organs. Or parasites that invade muscles. Other organs can also be affected. But this article deals with those that make a home in your intestines. Some intestinal parasites spent part of their life cycle in other organs, for example ascaris 6 which spends part of its larval cycle in your lungs.
Here's a list of some common symptoms of parasitic infection, from appliedozone.com:

*Allergies
*Anemia (iron deficiency)
*Constipation
*Diarrhea
*Fatigue: tiredness, flu-like symptoms, apathy, depression, lack of concentration
*Gas and stomach bloating
*Immune dysfunction
*Blisters on inside of lower lip
*Wiping nose
*Grinding teeth at night
*Dark circles under eyes
*Hyperactivity in children
*Bed wetting in children
*Headaches
*Sensitivity to light
*Twitching eyelid
*Gum or rectal bleeding

Intestinal Parasites

✴Helpful Links
*Great discussion: http://www.appliedozone.com/parasites.html
*Life cycle illustrations: http://www.drnatura.com/parasites.php
*Herbal treatment: http://www.organicnutrition.co.uk/articles/parasite-cleanse.htm
*Symptoms & treatment; http://www.natali.co.uk/parasites.htm
*Colon cleansing & parasites info: http://www.drnatura.com/
*List of other links: http://www.organicnutrition.co.uk/articles/parasite-links.htm
*CDC overview: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/
*Chinese remedies for roundworms: http://www.herbchina2000.com/therapies/TRW.shtml
✴Candida
Refer to my article on Candidiasis.
✴Pinworms
Prescription medications are often used to treat children for pinworms, but herbal treatments also work: Bitter melon, wormwood, Clarkia, garlic and onion.
✴Tapeworms and Ascaris
The following is from Dr. Hulda Clark on CureZone.com.4 These worms, which are quite common in the US, are particularly hard to eliminate completely. Dr Clark recommends a 3-step process: (1) Clarkia, (2) co-enzyme Q10, and (3) mop-up with ozonated olive oil and L-cysteine.
Start with Clarkia tincture (see Herbal Remedies). As the worms die, they release toxins that can be quite uncomfortable. The coffee enema (see below) helps the liver to detox, and greatly relieves the discomfort caused by the toxins.
Follow this with 3000 mg pharmaceutical grade coenzyme Q10, or 4000 mg for a person over 155 pounds. The frequency of this dose depends on how sick you are. {NOTE: Coenzyme Q10 is also known as ubiquinone). Pharmaceutical grade CoQ10 is available at WholeHealth.com in 30, 100 or 300 mg v-caps. You may also be able to get it from a compounding pharmacist.
‣If you are very ill (or HIV positive), Dr Clark recommends taking a single dose (3 or 4 grams) every 5th day (or once a week if HIV positive), until you are better; on other days take a smaller dose (400 mg), preferable spread throughout the day.
‣If not very ill, save this treatment for times when you are ill; then take a single dose once a week until you are better. Otherwise take the smaller dose daily (400 mg).
‣Take on empty stomach. Don't eat dozens of capsules, to avoid unexpected toxins in the capsule; rather open each one and stir contents into 1/4 tsp honey.
‣Best to do after doing the Clarkia herbal treatment (wormwood, black walnut and cloves), which will get most, but not all of the tapeworms/ascaris.
It takes about 3 weeks to disintegrate adult worms completely, and clear them from your tissues. However, they release their eggs before they die, so you can become re-infected. Cloves are not necessarily effective against these eggs. Dr Clark recommends a mop-up, which includes ozonated olive oil and L-cysteine:
*lightly-ozonated olive oil (12 Tbsp morning and night).
You can purchase lightly-ozonated olive oil online at OzonatedOilOnline.
Or you can make it at home using an ozonator (these can also be used to ozonate water). You can purchase an ozonator for oil, water or food at www.drclark.com or Tools for Healing. See CureZone for instructions on how to make ozonated oil (scroll down to "Strangle the Stragglers").
The reason for taking ozonated oil, rather than ozonated water, is that you want to penetrate distant cells where the eggs or cysts may be hiding. Water will not penetrate the cell walls, but oils will.
[NOTE: fully ozonated olive oil is no longer a liquid, but rather a thick gel-like paste, and is for external application only.]
*L-cysteine (500 mg capsules, taken 2 at a time, 3 times a day).
Available at iHerb (product codes NOW-00077, TWL-00122, or BLB-00038). Cysteine is a non-essential amino acid, that is precursor to glutathione, the primary anti-oxidant and detoxifier used by the liver. it will also chelate heavy metals. I don't know if N-Acetyl L-Cysteine will work for treating worms.
CAUTION: Do not take this mop-up remedy longer than three weeks.

Herbal Remedies
The remedies listed here are used either to remove parasites, to assist in detox while killing parasites, or to sooth inflamed intestinal tissues.

✴Black Walnut Hull
The hull of black walnut has been used by many traditional cultures for treatment of parasites. It is believed to be deadly to fungus (including candida), and worms. For more, see: drclarke.net, ghchealth.com,
✴Blue Heron (NF Formulas, or Integrative Therapeutic)
I first learned of Blue Heron from my Naturopathic physician in Portland OR. This product provides intestinal cleansing support while taking other herbs to kill parasites. It contains: Borage, flax and fenugreek seeds, oat bran, psyllium hull, bentonite clay, dried plum fruit, marshmallow root, slippery elm bark, triphala (Aruvedic blend), papain (papaya enzyme), and probiotic blend of lactobaccillus and bifidobacterium species. Read ingredients at RiteCare or purchase at Rite Care or Drug Natural.
✴Clarkia
The herbal tincture known as Clarkia, is the most commonly used cure for over 100 parasites. It contains tinctures of black walnut hull, wormwood, and clove. The first two are deadly to many single-cell parasites and to many adult worms and developmental stages of worms. Clove has antibacterial properties and also goes after the eggs of many worms.
Dr Hulda Clark states that the three herbs must be used together to be the most effective.
Clarkia can be added to enema water to kill parasites in the colon. See CureZone.com for more.
✴Cloves, Turmeric and other Spices
Many spices have antimicrobial and anti-parasitic action. Clove is often used to kill the eggs of certain worms, such as ascaris and tapeworm. See my article on Spices for more.
✴FlorEssence
This herbal tea will help during a parasite cleanse by assisting detox at the cellular level. It includes the herbs: blessed thistle, burdock root, kelp, red clover, sheep sorrel, slippery elm, turkish rhubarb, and watercress.
✴Garlic
This common herb is effective against ascaris roundworm, Giardia lamblia, Trypanosoma, Plasmodium, and Leishmania, per http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/conditionsitoq/a/Parasites.htm. see also ehow.com for more.
✴Grape Seed Extract
This extract contains strong antioxidants, and is effective against viruses, bacteria, protozoa and yeast, and some parasites. see altmedicine.about.com.
✴Homeopathic Remedies
Refer to: http://www.hpathy.com/diseases/worms-symptoms-treatment-cure.asp. Cina is the most commonly used homeopathic remedy for worms, but there are many others with different uses. See also online homeopathic materia medica (http://www.hpathy.com/materiamedica/allenkeynotes/allen-cina.asp) for more on this remedy.
✴Marshmallow Root
This excellent herb is useful to sooth an inflamed intestinal wall, during and after a parasite cleanse. Its high mucilage content is also useful in helping to soften and break up the accumulated plaque. (see http://www.dickcontino.com/marshmallow-root-herb-remedies-side-effects.htm for more)
The product: "Small Intestine Detox" by Nature's Sunshine, is a blend of marshmallow root and pepsin enzyme, and is often used as a small-intestine cleanse, and to sooth peptic ulcers. (see Nature's Sunshine, or http://www.4naturalhealthherbs.com/848-2.html for more)
✴Oil of Oregano
This oil is a potent antiseptic, effective against bacteria and yeasts. It is also antihelmintic (anti-worms). See diagnose-me.com and raysahelian.com for more.
✴Oxy Cleanse
I've never used this product, but I believe that introducing oxygen to the anaerobic ("without oxygen") intestines can be useful in eliminating parasites conditioned to living in an anaerobic environment. Oxy Cleanse contains ozonated magnesium, which reacts with the hydrogen chloride in your stomach to produce oxygen. This product claims to rid your system of candida, and certainly, candida is sensitive to the presence of oxygen. However, unless you change your internal environment to one that is not attractive to candida, it will simply come back. I'm not sure how this is done; there are a lot of theories in the literature.
See candidablog for more about Oxy Cleanse; order at ghchealth.com.
✴Pumpkin Seeds
These seeds are used to treat tapeworm and roundworms (such as ascaris and whipworm). see altmedicine.about.com,
✴Rascal
This herbal combination has be recommended by Dr Clark for treatment of tapeworms. Contains pumpkin seeds, garlic, cramp bark, cayenne fruit and thyme leaf.
✴Usnea (a Lichen)
My friend Zena, who is into herbal remedies, says that usnea can be used to treat similar infestations, as would be treated by the prescription drug Flagyl (metronidazole). Usnea produces chemicals that are anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-protozoal, and also against certain insects and nematodes (round worms) that would be harmful to the lichen in its natural environment. The most studied of these chemicals is usnic acid, which, prior to the discovery of penicillin, was studied extensively for its antimicrobial properties. (See National Toxicology (Dept of Health and Human Service) website for more.)
Native Americans have used forest lichen as a dressing for wounds. The lichen structure provides a protective web, while the chemicals produced by the lichen keep pathogens at bay.
✴Watermelon Seeds
Mashed watermelon seeds have been used to treat intestinal worms. A fatty oil in the seed, as well as aqueous and alcoholic extracts, paralyze tapeworms and roundworms such as ascaris. (See herbnet.com for more).
✴Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium and Artemisia annum)
Wormwood tea is effective against pinworms and roundworms (such as ascaris and whipworm). It is also effective against giardia and malaria. For more, see altmedicine.about.com and drclark.net.

Colon Cleanse
Most experts recommend doing a colon cleanse at least once a year, like spring cleaning. It's purpose is to dislodge the tarry accumulation along the walls of the small and large intestine, that interfere with digestion and absorption of foods, and also weakens the immune system. However, a good colon cleanse can also help eradicate parasites.
Such a cleanse can include a regime of fasting, cleansing herbal remedies or teas, and/or cleansing enemas. One popular cleanse product is Dr. Natura's Colonix. But there are many other products on the market. The Master Cleanse is a well-known cleansing fast made with lemon juice and maple syrup (see below).

✴Enema Cleanse:
When parasites are present, and especially when they die-off (from treatment), they loose many toxic substances into their environment, which can be picked up by the blood, causing distress. The liver works overtime to detoxify these substances, and can become tired and weak. A good colon cleanse can help the liver rid itself of the toxic substances. One of the best cleanses for this purpose is the coffee enema (see Enemas; also refer to CureZone site for links to several enema instructions).
✴Recommendations During a Cleanse:
See Dr Richard Anderson for more on these recommendations: http://curezone.com/cleanse/bowel/bowel_dr_anderson.html.1
Assess your pH to determine degree of alkalinity of your system (see my pH website for instructions), using both saliva and urine pH measurements. Dr Anderson recommends taking saliva pH, but urine pH can also be useful. 1
Reduce food intake (eat less). This enables your body to focus its energy on clearing out the toxins and old fecal matter without the distraction and energy output of digesting new foods. Green juices (wheatgrass, etc.) are also recommended. 1
Dietary Changes. Dr. Anderson recommends three dietary changes as part of a cleanse: 1
1.Eliminate meat during the cleanse, in order to reduce acid-forming dietary input.
2.Reduce grains, potatoes, yams and sweet potatoes for 30 days after completing the cleanse.
3.Eat a raw foods diet as much as possible, based on locally grown organic fruits and veggies, and home-made sprouts. Such a diet is rich in digestive enzymes and encourages the body to continue detoxifying.
Dry Skin-Brushing is recommended by PTree on CureZone. 3 This entails using a natural sisal brush to brush your entire body (except face and sensitive areas) toward the heart, before bathing.
Make a Bentonite & Psyllium "smoothie." Bentonite is a liquid clay derived from volcanic ash. (Refer to the CureZone 2 website for more. Yerba Prima and Sonne's are good brands). Taken orally, this smoothie is highly effective in absorbing toxins from the intestines and removing them from the body Always take on an empty stomach (first thing in morning, or just before bed, at least 1 hour before or after a meal). To make the smoothie, mix: 3
*1 Tbsp liquid bentonite and
*1 tsp powdered psyllium (or 1 Tbsp whole husk psyllium) with
*8 - 10 oz water or diluted juice; drink immediately.
See CureZone 3 for more on frequency, etc..
See also recommended supplements, below.

✴Master Cleanse
Stanley Burroughs wrote a book about his Master Cleanse, which uses a special lemonade fast. For more on this cleanse, and his salt water flush, refer to the CureZone.com and cureZone.com (Espen H's experience).
I had experience with this cleanse many years ago when I first started seeing naturopathic doctors. I'd been having trouble with lupus-like symptoms (but tested negative for lupus), and eczema. My Dr recommended a 3 day fast. Day 1 was raw fruit and raw vegetable salads with oil/vinegar dressing. Day 2 was vegetables only. Day 3 was the lemonade fast, to which he added garlic. Each day I did a coffee enema. I'd never done a fast before and I was miserable. But it did help me.

Recommended Supplements During a Cleanse
These recommendations are from Dr. Anderson on the CureZone website, unless otherwise noted.
Herbal laxative. Select a formula to soften and break up toxic waste material while detoxifying cells. Dr Anderson recommends the following combination (when mixed in the proper way--but he doesn't say how to do that): 1

✓plantain,
✓cascara sagrada,
✓barberry,
✓peppermint,
✓sheep sorrel,
✓fennel seed,
✓ginger root,
✓myrrh gum,
✓red raspberry,
✓rhubarb root,
✓goldenseal, and
✓lobelia.

Dr Anderson asserts this formula "prepares the mucoid plaque for removal and neutralizes stored intestinal toxins such as pesticides, drugs, and heavy metals. It also helps cleanse the liver and other body tissues."1
Other herbal laxatives.
I take an herbal laxative called "Colon Care" available at my local Swan Valley Herbs store. It contains: Turkey Rhubarb, Senna, Cayenne, Aloe, Slippery Elm, Barberry and Garlic.
I also use another intestinal formula called Blue Heron (see Herbal Remedies above, for more info). This product claims to absorb and eliminate toxins to improve colon function. It is not a strong laxative. I've used this off an on for years, whenever I'm a little sluggish, or when I have intestinal distress (gas, bloating, cramping, etc.) to relieve the symptoms.

Nutritional Herbs (especially important when you are eating less). Dr Anderson recommends the following to bolster your system's ability to detoxify. It also serves as a vitamin supplement. 1

✓alfalfa,
✓dandelion,
✓shavegrass,
✓chickweed,
✓marshmallow root,
✓yellowdock,
✓rosehips,
✓hawthorn,
✓licorice root,
✓Irish moss, and
✓kelp

He also recommends adding two digestive enzymes: 1

✓amylase (to digest carbohydrates), and
✓cellulase (to digest plant fiber)

Probiotics to fortify your own probiotic colonies. These friendly bacteria perform many beneficial duties including the suppression and elimination of pathogenic microorganisms by producing effective antibiotics, antivirals, and antifungals. They also help restore proper acidity to your intestinal tract. Bifidobacterium infantis is especially helpful. 1
In addition to supplemental probiotics, consider drinking plain, unsweetened kefir.
Electrolytes: The body depends on essential alkaline minerals potassium, sodium, calcium and magnesioum to remove toxins, maintain fluid balance in cells and bloodstream, and control pH, hormone secretion, nerve conduction and other functions. Dr Anderson recommends a drink made from mixing dehydrated juice of beets, celery, carrots, fig powder and lecithin, with liquid goat's milk whey and filtered water or juice. Not sure where to get this. 1
I am currently taking Mineral Balance by Jarrow (from iHerb). It includes Calcium, and phosphorus from milk, potassium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganesse, chromium and molybdenum, as well as vitamins D3, K1 and K2, which are needed for proper absorption and assimilation of most minerals.
Antioxidants are important to neutralize free radicals and toxins released by the purging of the intestines. Dr. Anderson recommends the following be taken while doing a colon cleanse1 (this is my version of his recommendations):

✓tincture of milk thistle, turmeric (for curcumin), Ginkgo biloba, grape seed extract, and pine bark extract;
✓CBR vitamin formula: Vitamin C, bioflavonoids and rutin. (I like American Health Ester-C with Bioflavonoids from iHerb);
✓alpha-lipoic acid sustain formula (Jarrow has a good one, from iHerb);
✓coenzyme Q10 supplement;
✓zinc supplement (I like Jarrow's Zinc Balance (from iHerb) because it also contains a small amount of copper needed when supplementing with zinc); and
✓chromium GTF supplement (I like Source Naturals Chromium GTF from iHerb).

Another excellent source of antioxidants is Kombucha Tea (make your own, or available in most natural food stores).

Sources:

1.http://curezone.com/cleanse/bowel/bowel_dr_anderson.html
2.http://curezone.com/cleanse/bowel/bentonite.asp
3.http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=120380
4.http://curezone.com/clark/ascaris.asp
5.http://www.appliedozone.com/parasites.html
6.http://www.drnatura.com/parasites.php

return to Disease Menu or Health Essays Menu

springshowers
Member # 19863

All came from this site

http://web.mac.com/catherinehaug/iWeb/Health-Systemic/Cleanse_Process.html

I recommend going to this link and reading up on the Cleansing Specific Diet Treatment.

And while your there read around this site.
Its a good one!!

http://web.mac.com/catherinehaug/iWeb/Health-Disease/DiseaseMenu.html

springshowers
Member # 19863

If you have slow moving digestion. (not necessarily constipation but that too..) Or Balsy of the Gut..

Or if you just want a great cleanse of the gut..

http://www.allholistichealth.com/mag_o7_oxygen_cleanse_90_p/3019.htm

Use Ozonated Magneisum Oxide Products. Please read because it is not magnesium! It is Oxide!

Its amazing and Gentle and cleansing and detoxing and natural and a must have if you are having issues such as this or just want to make sure you do not allow any time for toxins to reabsorb..!

INEBG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for INEBG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started detoxing and cleansing in 2007 after being diagnosed with IC (took 2 more years to find out the IC was caused by Lyme & co-bugs). Since then, in addition to taking homeopathic products, doing detox baths, herbs, sauna, and body brushing, I also have changed my diet and my environment.

Using the elimination diet, and getting allergy testing, I've become more aware of foods I need to avoid. I also avoid inflammation-inducing foods. These days I eat mostly a raw food, low carb, organic diet, with some clean protein added. I drink a lot of purified water and lemon water to keep things moving through my body. Of course, no sugar, refined foods, or artificial anything.

It didn't make sense to me to change my diet and to do cleanses and detoxing of my body without also changing how I live. I switched from traditional cleaning products to all-natural ones; the same is true for personal care products. I replaced plastic wherever I could in my kitchen with either stainless steel or glass. I got rid of all teflon pans and I never cook in plastic of any kind. It's gotten to be a way of life to always seek the most natural alternative possible.

It probably sounds extreme, but we had a new HVAC system installed with a high-quality whole-house filter. We put a R/O water-filtration system in the kitchen, and have filters on our showers and tubs. We had synthetic wall-to-wall carpeting torn out and replaced with wood flooring and vegetable-dyed wool area rugs. We got a vacuum cleaner with an efficient hepa filter. As we replace things, we search for the healthiest alternative possible (i.e., natural countertops instead of ones containing formaldehyde, etc.).

I'm still looking for ways to make things less toxic in my life. A last bastion of my former existance - my wardrobe - is currently undergoing a change. I don't buy dry-clean only clothing anymore, and look for natural-fiber replacements when I need to buy something.

It's my hope that the cumulative effect of these changes will be to reduce the toxin load on my body so that I can better fight Lyme and coinfections.

Posts: 212 | From San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Wow Great STuff..

I wish I could afford to do all of that but working on what I can do a well environmentally!!

Great Post

THANK YOU for sharing all that

springshowers
Member # 19863

Up
springshowers
Member # 19863

Many people asking me lately about ideas .. this thread has a very good list of ideas
springshowers
Member # 19863

Do not underestimate the power of Detox. And do not expect to see results on treating infections without it. For some of us we have to do a ton more than others. Does not seem fair but it is reality.
So find your own amount and techniques that work for you.

But i have found that when i found the right amount and techniques it change my body and ability to treat this disease and crossed this line over a year ago and i still have that same body change and now I do not have to do near as much detox as before.

I did do it for six or more months straight at 1000 percent effort and time and it was like unclogging clogged drain pipes and they started to flow again and I now just make sure they do not clog back up or build back up and I now have a totally new system and I can not treat without going through so much havic and severe reactions and herxes and pain and all those things I had to endure before.

It literally changed my body forever..

its worth it. Give it your all x 1000. Work your way up to that 1000 but once you get there you will be a new person and you will be amazed at all the changes and in how you can treat this disease in a whole new light.

It is key.! I really believe this.

springshowers
Member # 19863

Up for the few people who have been asking about detox and this thread...

Anyone with any new ideas or suggestions would love to have you add to it.!!

springshowers
Member # 19863

For those who are Rifers here are the supports I use for Organs and Detox and cleansing. i run them after each and every treatment and inbetween treating I will use just these alone. Very nice feeling and stimulating to the organs to keep them from getting slow and or too stagnant where they are not doing there job as well.

Liver Support (1 min each programed)
337-463-574-668-787-803-912-1862-3337-5546

Lymph Support (1 minute each programed)
146-346-428-596-767-982-1078-5176-5443-8846

Kidney Support (1 minute each programed)
248-463-522-622-658-917-1865-3374-5162

General Cleansing program Numbers
337 464 467 576 688 728 786 803 856 882 912 1554 1862 2128 3337 5762 6667

springshowers
Member # 19863

Keep Sharing and Keep Detoxing

Detox and Cleansing and getting your body to move out toxins on its own if i is stagnant is Number one priority in treating this and any disease.

Do not minimize or discount or leave this piece of the puzzle out.
And do not just do this or that and think its enough. Its the toughest part of the treatment because it takes so much time and effort. When trying to break through a stagnant stuck system it takes a full time effort all day every day and tracking and ramping up of the timing and strength and how many techniques you use.

I think it would be great to formulate an actual protocol. Of course everyone would do it differently as far as how fast or how far they could ramp up.

But to give an idea to new people or those who have not used detox in such a serious manner or for those who think they are and may see how much further they can go and do.

I would recommend starting with one detox modality and using a log and chart you start slow and track your response and then if you herx you treat it like a treatment you would otherwise do and wait for the herx to clear and then go ahead and build up to a good max amount. Here is where I feel we may all not know what that max would be or a good place to shoot for. Each detox treatment kind would have a different max.

So after you have gotten the first modality under your belt and you may do more than one at a time if drinking water or something like that is added in and considered.

Then add a second modality and do the same thing tracking and working up. And add a third and fourth and so on and so forth.

As you max out and stop herxing you can trade one modality for another because different ones hit different things and work in different ways.

Then when you have done all that you will not be herxing and you will be just feeling better and better and better and you will then be able to also handle killing of bugs such as abx or other treatments in a whole new easier more effective manner.

When you add in the killing treatments keep the detox intensity up and you will find you will go so much faster and more effectively.

Then after you are done with a treatment again keep the detox intensity up until thing and toxins from drugs and bugs are detoxed out

If you do this and you feel what your body is doing and what I am speaking of.

For example. When I say Max I will use what I ended up as as an example. I got up to 10 modalities and I was doing something all day long every day and some things were interwoven like diet and water and some were scheduled such as enemas and baths and rebounding etc.

I would put aside 8 hours a day that is just for actual detox modalities that are action based..
Such as baths up to 3 or so a day
Emenas up to 3 or 4 a day
Rebounding before every bath for 1 to 10 minutes or more
And so on and so forth.
For your own detox treatment choices it may look different but I used 8 hours a day as an example to give the idea that this is a full time job and I think that is what is needed to get a life changing and body changing result.

Of course you work up to that.
And you start with one our a day I would say or what your body can handle and that could be one time a week and much less and even minutes a day. Everyone is different.

But I think and believe we all can work up to the same max because we all have close to the same bodies in general and we are capable.

I am sure people have noticed I support and write about this a lot. Just want to give the info and give it a chance for people to try this approach and give it their all.

I ramped up and it took me about 3 months to get to my max and then i was at that max for a good six months and then I did 3 more months after that and after treatments were slowed down too. I did not and was not able to wait that long prior to treatments but I would say give at least 3 months of just detox work if possible and or just some treatment and not intensive and then add in the intensity as your body is ready.

Blessings to all and
Good Health.. clean bodies.. and working organs.. moving energy and detox detox detox..

None of us want toxins to stay in us or build up or cause us more problems and especially when its our own fault if we just keep treating and treating and know we are feeling worse and worse and feel it building up and we have to listen to our bodies.

Go for it.
You will not regret the time and effort and energy
its not instant and it does take months and months but once you achieve the gains you body will take over 10 fold and it will be hard to get back to where you were before. You will unleash the power you already have in you but that is just stuck and stagnant.

Only we each can do this for ourselves. Its subjective and we all are different. But we all can gain the same thing and get to the same place with the same methods. Just a different path.

This I believe ...

I will leave this subject now again.. And I am surprised there is not more of a push for this

I feel sad when I read about all the suffering on treatment and just suffering from the disease and when I see people on protocols that do not have 75 percent detox modality. .. at the least.

Its that important. Whether you have detox issues or not. For those who do you have to work that much more and longer sadly. Its not fair. But the good news is when your dong you will no long be one of those people

I am saying you can change your body forward and you will no longer have the same struggles with it. You can change your body so much that you will not have to work even half as hard after and maybe even 1/4 as hard ... And you do not have to live with the problem forever.

WheN there is something I can change when it comes to this disease I celebrate and I go for it. And this is the biggest change I have accomplished in this disease and in my body and in my life... Its that big to me.

So i hope others really try it and get new feel for detox treatment and planning and implementing.. Be patient and consistent .. >> You may be amazed with the results.

One day i wold love to open a detox clinic and have people come just for detox modalities.. Of course then there is home work and things you have to weave into your daily life and I think it would be amazing and help so many people with so many diseases..

springshowers
Member # 19863

Dont FORGET TO DRINK WATER

Half you body weight in ounces a day.

If you weight 200lbs then drink at least 100 ounces a day.

springshowers
Member # 19863

This is the most important Topic.

Keep this thread alive so that we all remind one another to keep up on the detoxing.

I think that its 75 percent Detox and 25 percent treatment...

And if you dont keep that balance you are just adding to the toxins and to the symptoms without realizing it.

This has been my experience and how I base my opinion.

IF others can add their detox regimens it is a very valuable thing to share for others to read and learn from and get ideas as I keep hearing people ask for ideas and what they can do or try!

Please adds yours here..

THANKS EVERYONE!!

springshowers
Member # 19863

Fast at least twice a year for 7 to 19 days !

Eat a very clean ph balanced diet.
No processed / packaged foods ( Mist toxic Foods)
No dairy
No wheat / gluten
Control blood sugars
No white flour / sugar /potatoes /
Whole foods / fruits/ begs / grains
Drink water water water and. Clear sugarless liquids
There are more notes ...
These are to start and an excellent start if you need to start
Elininate or add one item per week
Food allergy test if you suspect

Food = important detox compoment of treatment

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement