LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Can't take the foot pain!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't take the foot pain!
Michele
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13669

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Michele     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This symptom is by far the worst so far. I can't hardly walk on my right heel and now that I'm walking to compensate for the pain in my right heel - now my left left leg is hurting.

Both my legs hurt up to my knees. I'm really having a hard time walking but am trying to be tough for my family.

I've soaked with epsom salt, taken baths, put ice packs on my feet.

I have to work (and thank goodness I have a sitting job).

I just want this to be OVER!!! I'm 37 but feel like 90 some days.

I was bitten last Sept followed by the rash and flu symptoms. Saw an LLMD in January and have been on abx ever since. I thought I would be better by now. What is happening!!!!!!!!!

My 10 & 8 yo just don't understand. They are so young and I am missing so much.

I know I'm babbling but I just want this to be over or to know that there is an end to this somewhere.

Thanks for listening.

[confused]

Posts: 124 | From Indiana | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michele,

I am sorry you are going through all this!

Feet often get sore from liver congestion and toxicity. You might want to try some liver detox products, and lots of water with lemon in it.

You can also try going to a massage therapist for plantar fasciitis treatment. It is very enjoyable.

Another treatment is to freeze a water bottle and roll it under your foot.

I hope your feet feel better soon!

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can you afford those foot massagers that have rolling balls on them?

i bought one and it really helps. you can set it on heat also.

it helps with cramps, etc.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to hear about all your pain. It's the pits to be in such pain. I know.

You need to be evaluated for plantar fascitis.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear, Michele. My mom's pain got so bad, she is on Lyrica, and it seems to be working for her.

I won't begin to say that there is a perfect over-the-counter remedy, but you might try these (they help me)...

1.) Alternating hot and cold soaks -- 10-20 minutes each, cold-hot-cold-hot. Be sure you can tell how hot it is, that you don't scald yourself by accident. My podiatrist wanted me to end with cold, but I couldn't walk after, so I end with hot, and that works.

2.) Put your feet up when you are home, or stretched out in front of you (not curled under) when at work.

3.) Wear socks or loose slippers when at home. No walking on cold floors.

4.) Massage the feet with an herbal or massage preparation.

5.) Consider sleeping with your feet out from under the blankets, but with socks on to keep them warm.

6.) Be careful to sleep well, as fatigue makes pain harder to tolerate.

Silly little ideas, but sometimes they are enough to bring the pain into bearable range.

Take care,
Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Michele, sorry you are in such pain.

You are being treated w/ abx, what are you taking?

Are you being treated for Baronella?

Is the pain worse in the am?

If the pain is from Bart - in my experience -
pain killers and meds for neuropathies (like Neurontin) don't work. But treatment for Bart
does.

Can you tell us what abx you are taking? Or if
you have been dx with any coinfections.

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiserforit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Michelle,

I have the exact same thing going on...I think it is Bart. Lousy.

Something that has provided a bit of relief for me is Calf Raises and Calf Stretches on a step. I found this in a Cool Down section of an exercise magazine:

Calf Raises: Stand on a step or stair, hold on to railing for balance. Place the balls of the feet on step so heels are just off the step. Keep knees slightly bent. Raise and lower feet, flexing calves at top of movement and getting a good stretch at bottom of the movement. 1 set of up to 25 reps.

Calef Stretch: Stand with toes at edge of step or stair. Lower right heel toward the ground until you feel a stretch in calf. Hold for 15 to 30 seconds.

After trying these for three days, I noticed that the overall pain had lessened. I hope it gives you some relief too. And... the stretch got that arch-heel spot that hurts.

Hugs,

wiserforit

Posts: 508 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement