LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Definitely time for a word game! (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Definitely time for a word game!
Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"TO" the top!!
LW-Where are you????

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymie Wannabe?
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 913

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Lymie Wannabe?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know if I got "13" yet and don't know what the last word was BUT I got #300 Nanny Nanny BOO BOO
Posts: 288 | From Plano, Tx | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymie Wannabe?
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymie Wannabe?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O- OH MY BAD darn this cyber delay! Looks like Meg got me AGAIN! AARGHH!
Posts: 288 | From Plano, Tx | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am retiring while I am still ahead~LW, you almost got me that time . you must have posted the same time I did. I was suprised to see your post there when I posted--good job and on Sunday morning~!

"H" to the next post~

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadow13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
H - Higgledy-piggledy

looked it up .... means 'in complete confusion' .... sound familiar to anyone?!?

Posts: 830 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymie Wannabe?
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymie Wannabe?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y- You mean me
shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadow13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U - Utopia

We can dream, can't we?

Posts: 830 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A is for Angel.
What we can be for each other.
It's a nice thought to believe sometimes that there are angels helping us through.

I hope everyone wakes up feeling better tomorrow!

Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zippysmom
Member # 1174

Icon 10 posted      Profile for zippysmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
L= Live for the day - is all we can do.
Posts: 95 | From Oakland, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbxJunkie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1711

Icon 10 posted      Profile for AbxJunkie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Energy -- Does anyone have any? Does anyone have some they can give me?
Posts: 284 | From Jamul, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y is for Yew, as in yew trees.
They are evergreens, but have poisonous berries. The wood of a yew tree is used in cabinet making and for archery bows.

Can you tell I looked it up in the dictionary?

I knew there was a yew - but I didn't know the details.

W for the next person!

Yew all take good care of yewrselves!

Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dianemarie
Member # 1809

Icon 7 posted      Profile for dianemarie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"W" you are all wonderful
Posts: 15 | From Calif. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbxJunkie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1711

Icon 10 posted      Profile for AbxJunkie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logical -- Could we ever get the "ducks" to emply logical thinking when it comes to Lyme disease?
Posts: 284 | From Jamul, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

L - Light ...

Is there one at the end of the tunnel???

henson2
Member # 463

Yes, yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

My T word is *Transformation* - it is what we will all experience as we get better and better.

BTW, when I was in college, I was sick a lot my senior year (we now think it was fr. the Lyme). Anyway, it was a struggle to make it thru. My dad always told me there was light at the end of the tunnel (and it wasn't a freight train!) When I graduated, he gave me a little jewelry-box-sized present - I thought, you know, maybe earrings or something. It was a little light bulb!! the size for a Christmas tree! I still have it. (Oh, I did get earrings, too).

So... we will experience Transformation.
N for the next person!

shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

N- Naked ....

Sorry, couldn't think of another word.

henson2, that was a great story about the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you!

Lymie Wannabe?
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 913

D- "Do" you think I might have beat Meg to 14
LimeKrazy
Member # 1729

Icon 7 posted      Profile for LimeKrazy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O is for OPTIMISM

which I am really trying to hang on to
and which the posts on this site really help me hang on to

Posts: 70 | From MontCo, PA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arg82
Member # 161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arg82   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
M is for "Magic" (I wish someone had a little of this for the really bad days. Or better yet, to make us all all better.)
--Annie

------------------
"We deceive ourselves when we fancy that only weakness needs support. Strength needs it far more."
-Madame Swetchine

Posts: 2184 | From Rochester, MA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Member # 463

C.... CINNAMON... as in cinnamon toast.

I always find a little bit of magic in that delicious spice, and sugar and cinnamon on warm buttered toast is good for the soul -- and the immune system!

(So go have some! )

Lymie Wannabe?
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 913

N- No! As in Just Say No to Ducks
Now did we get to page 14?

awh3336
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for awh3336     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh as in Oh, will this game never end?
Posts: 133 | From Cleveland, OH, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbxJunkie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1711

"Heaves," as in dry. I was so sick yesterday, I sure missed being able to "talk" with all of you.
shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

S - Sure .... am happy about Dr. B
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
E..........EAGLE.......the great eagle of the skies and the

Native American Ten Commandments

The Earth is our mother, care for her
Honor all your relations
Open your heart and soul to the great spirit
All of life is sacred; treat all beings with respect.
Take from the Earth what is needed and nothing more.
Do what needs to be done for the good of all.
Give constant thanks to the Great Spirit for each new day.
Speak the truth,but only of the good in others.
Follow the rythm of nature: rise and retire with the sun.
Enjoy life's journey, but leave no tracks

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbxJunkie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1711

Enthusiasm -- What we should have at the hearings in New York.

[This message has been edited by AbxJunkie (edited 10 November 2001).]

Meg
Member # 22

"Moonbeam" catch one if you can

henson2
Member # 463

M: mellifluous!

It's always been one of my favorite words.
It means "flowing with honey or sweetness." Used especially about words and utterances.

I think I like the honey part.

shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

S - Stampede .... to Albany !!!
AbxJunkie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1711

And even more "exodus" from your home towns to Albany.
Meg
Member # 22

"sugarless"
nuff said

cws3333
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cws3333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Send a clear signal that you need your meds. Attend the legislative hearings in Albany, Nov. 27.
Posts: 2663 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AbxJunkie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1711

Icon 6 posted      Profile for AbxJunkie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Don't" give up, don't every give up.
shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

I will bypass the obvious ....

T - Truth

AbxJunkie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbxJunkie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopeless -- What the "ducks" are.
cws3333
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cws3333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shabbily. How Lyme patients have been treated by the other side.
Posts: 2663 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

Yesterday ... all my troubles seemed so far away ...
zippysmom
Member # 1174

Icon 10 posted      Profile for zippysmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y = Yipee-Ki-Yi Magazine -- I laughed when my friend in AZ said she subscribes to this.

Posts: 95 | From Oakland, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zippysmom
Member # 1174

Icon 6 posted      Profile for zippysmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
o.k. I'll go.

I = imbroglio (yeah, I looked in the dictionary)

Lymie Wannabe?
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 913

O- "Okay"- What did it say?
zippysmom
Member # 1174

Icon 11 posted      Profile for zippysmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y = "Yikes!" (I already forgot)

back to the dictionary:

o.k., here we go:
1. a confused heap (anybody relate to this?)
2. an involved and confusing situation
3. state of confusion or complication
4. a confused misunderstanding or disagreement

in other words, having Lyme or having anything to do with Lyme

Lymie Wannabe?
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 913

S- "So" True!!!!!! "So" did we get to 15 yet?
Probably not, since Meg's not around!LOL!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Overdone....I think we're overdone here! Or is that "done over?"
Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

E - Exciting ....

Meteor shower showing off right now in the SW sky. And how can we be "overdone" with this game when we have so many more pages to go?!? Besides, it's the only fun thing I get to do anymore!!!

Lymie Wannabe?
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 913

G- "Gosh" I missed the meteor showers

[This message has been edited by Lymie Wannabe? (edited 18 November 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lymie Wannabe? (edited 18 November 2001).]

shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

H - "Happy" Turkey Day to ALL
Meg
Member # 22

"YES" Happy Thanksgiving to all~!

[This message has been edited by meg (edited 19 November 2001).]

WildCondor
Unregistered

S-SUPERCALAFRAGALYSTICEXPIALIDOUSHOUS
WildCondor
Unregistered

S again!

SERENITY.......from that cool prayer.... Serenity and peace of mind to accept the things I cannot change to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the diference.
I love that ...!

cws3333
Member # 794

Yes- Say yes to being able to continue to get treatment for chronic Lyme Disease. Ask your family and/or friends to attend the hearings in Albany, NY, Nov 27, 10:00 a.m. for you if you are too ill to come yourself. It is the best holiday present you can be given!

cws

zippysmom
Member # 1174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zippysmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
S = "stretch" - a good one now and then helps

zippysmom
Member # 1174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zippysmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
H = "Hey!" I started a new page!
WildCondor
Unregistered

Y-Yippie!!!

Yippy to Zippy!!!

Mercy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mercy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
E = Exceptional!
LLMD's are exceptional going above and beyond the call of duty!
Am I playing right??

------------------
~ Love is contagious, Let's start an epidemic! ~
~ Mercy ~

Posts: 181 | From Martinsburg, West Virginia | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cws3333
Member # 794

Loving speech - lets me hear what you have to say.

cws

cws3333
Member # 794

Loving speech - lets me hear what you have to say.

cws

zippysmom
Member # 1174

h = Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!

No matter how bad off we are, there are always others in worse circumstances. I thank God for being able to keep working, and for the loving people in my life. And yes, for Zippy too.

zippysmom
Member # 1174

h = Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!

No matter how bad off we are, there are always others in worse circumstances. I thank God for being able to keep working, and for the loving people in my life. And yes, for Zippy too.

cws3333
Member # 794

Yum- Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I will be thinking about how grateful I am to the countless wonderful members of the Lyme community and especially to our LLMDs.

cws

shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

M - "Many" thanks to all of those out here who have helped me so much.

Happy Turkey Bird Day !!!

WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU!
You reading this Have a Happy Thanksgiving ya hear! And have fun trying to find a "U" word! He heee

Lymie Wannabe?
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 913

U- UGGH! I ate too much
shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

H - "How" can someone on a liquid diet gain weight???
zippysmom
Member # 1174

Icon 5 posted      Profile for zippysmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, I'll go.

W ="Well," maybe Ensure with lots of icecream sodas??? Must be nice to have to gain weight.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lovable, everyone is lovable!

shadow....you need to gain weight or you're wondering how you can gain weight on a liquid diet?? I took it to mean that you were gaining weight and were wondering how that's possible. If you need to lose weight put some protein into your diet. Either way, you need some!!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cws3333
Member # 794

Energy- Surround our LLMDs and other witnesses with good energy - please attend the public hearings on Lyme this Tues, in Albany, NY, Nov 27, 10:00 a.m.
shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

Y - "Yes" ....

We need all the positive energy we can muster up for Tuesday .... and

Lymetoo, I am gaining weight while on a liquid diet and it's frustrating.

shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

OK, I can take a hint .... I'll just have to play by myself ....

S - "Success" for all of us on Tuesday!!!

WildCondor
Unregistered

S-sleep

Its what I need! Its 4 am and I am a total insomniac, writing more Lyme Action letters, so its a good cause!

cws3333
Member # 794

Pep,
Wishing all of you who have been working so hard that you are not getting enough sleep some for tomorrow's hearings.

Also be part of the silent Pep Rally for our side tomorrow at the hearings in Albany, NY, 10:00 a.m.

shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

P - Pills ....

Has everybody packed them for tomorrow???

cws3333
Member # 794

Safety. Drive safely on your way to Albany. Give yourself extra time if possible.
WildCondor
Unregistered

Y-YEAH

EVERYONE get up & Go YEAH YEAH!!!!!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HIT THE ROAD TO HELP OUR CAUSE!! Thanks to all who are going!!
shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

T - TRIUMPH !!!

So far things sound like they went GREAT in Albany. Can't wait till tomorrow to hear more.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement