LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Lyme Dating?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme Dating?
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok.

I'm going bonkers with being so isolated.

It's been a while since I've had any romance.

Is there a site for Lyme dating or something similar?

I've been at this a long time and my last SO left almost a year ago.

Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigstan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm single....Are you Male or Female?

--------------------
HERX is a Four Letter Word!

Posts: 716 | From If you're going through hell, keep going......Winston Churchill | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's this site. It's geared towards people with MCS, but there's a lot of people with Lyme who have MCS.

http://www.canarysingles.com/

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great question VV

My relationship of 5 years ended about 6 weeks ago.

("I don't know how to be around someone so sick")

Were the words used.

And I went on a blind date on Friday. My IV hep lock drew attention.

Suddenly, I was viewed through different eyes.

I am the same person hep lock or no hep lock.

Very grim.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
**moving to general support**

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you get it all figured out let me know.

My SO moved out on March.

15 years ago.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oceangirlSA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oceangirlSA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few years after my husband died, I finally felt ready to start dating. As a young widow, I felt like I had plenty of time on my hands and was not in any rush.

Shortly after that, however, I became ill with Lyme, which stopped any plans I had at the time. So now I just feel like my life is on hold until I am well again since I have read much about how chronic illness can burden relationships.

I am so sorry for all those here whose SO left them because of Lyme. I find that so hard to hear. It totally stinks!

Posts: 187 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anthropologista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VV, Greta, Just Don--when I hear about SOs who leave because of chronic illness, I want to shake them. Not only because leaving someone who's sick is about as ****ty as you can get, but also because they must be stupid. You are some of the most amazing people I know.

How often do we meet people like you, who take the time to help others, even when you need help yourselves? And who work to understand and treat an illness of mind-numbing complexity. And still manage to laugh and make others laugh.

Greta, I'm upset and angry to hear about your boyfriend, especially about his stupid reason. How could he do that to you? And the blind date guy was rude as well as stupid. He did not deserve a date with you. I hope you let him know that.

People as wonderful as you don't exactly grow on trees. Some people will realize that. Those that don't are idiots.

But I'm so terribly sorry about the pain these two people caused you. I wish I could give them a piece of my mind. Many, many hugs.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

Posts: 431 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anthropologista     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VV, I found this site:

http://www.prescription4love.com/

Lyme isn't included in their categories, but chronic fatique is--and as we know, many of those diagnosed with Cf actually have Lyme.

Also, check out this article--good stories among the bad!
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/12/love-in-the-time-of-chronic-illness/282477/

Posts: 431 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Anthropologista,

I looked through that site and few others I found but they are hard to navigate.

Some of the disability dating sites have rather poor designs.

I tried searching on OkCupid, but searches like "Lyme" or "disability" only bring up a few matches for the whole U.S. (and funny enough I knew one of them already).

Greta: ("I don't know how to be around someone so sick")

That was pretty much what I got too. "Why does everything have to be about Lyme? Can't we stop talking about it?" Somehow the whole thing became about her; how upset *she* was about my symptoms, how bad it made *her* feel to not go do normal activities, how depressed *she* was when she would come to stay with me.

It's very difficult when the one person who is really supposed to understand you best just doesn't seem to get what you are going through.

I felt like my symptoms were underestimated in severity.

Oh well...

Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anthro-bless you and your gentle kind heart X0X0
Your kind words...bless you and thank you.

VV-exactly. And the worst part was, is I tailored our time together on the days I was at my best. Never incorporated lyme into the conversation.

He didn't see me the days I spent on the floor etc.
So it was a lowdown lazy excuse in my situation.

I am sorry that happened to you as well VV.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! this is a great thread ,i did not know there was dating places for the disabled.

MADDOG

Posts: 3995 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish we all could take a trip or cruise together.

while married, I understand what many of you go through. the comments can be devastating.

I love the ole "well at least you don t have a terminal illness" or "well it's hard to respect somebody who's always got an excuse. you would do things if you really wanted to."

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthropologista
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35483

VV--another approach is to work the numbers and go for high volume dating sites like Match.com. So many people use it that you have a better chance of finding someone. Given 300,000 new cases per year, many people on it will have Lyme.

You can let people know that you have Lyme in your profile, and that you're open to others with Lyme. You can do a nationwide search with the word "Lyme."

People find good relationships this way. But it may take a while. I would take the 6 months option, which you can extend free for another 6 months. 6 months seems to be the average time to find a relationship, and Lyme dating will probably take longer.

It took me 6 not-great months, but I eventually found the wonderful person I'm now married to--who didn't know he had Lyme.

OptiMisTick
Member # 399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OptiMisTick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 11-16-2014, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: OptiMisTick ]

Posts: 1338 | From Above the Clouds | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paleogal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paleogal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an old thread, but I had to read it today. Thanks. [Smile]
Posts: 243 | From Southern Arizona | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement