LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » American Idol...........who's your favorite now? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: American Idol...........who's your favorite now?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that it's getting down to the nitty gritty, who do you like??

Who do you think will win??

I like all of them!!! But I usually vote for Kristy Lee, David Cook, Myesha, and Jason Castro.

I really liked Ramielle too! Hated to see her go!

And while I think David Archuleta is wonderful, I don't think he'll win.

If I had to pick the top two for me, it would be Myesha and David Cook....but I doubt Myesha will make it that far.

Tell us what you think!!! [Smile]

[ 06. April 2008, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

....I like David Cook........
and I know people don't like Brooke but I think she's good......

[spinning smile] mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brooke is really good, but she will lose because of her lack of confidence in herself.

and Kristy is not consistent ... but has been much better lately.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm definitely an Idol junkie and have been watching it since the first season and have been to all the Idol tours other than the first year.

My "opinion" is that Archuleta has the best trained voice and range but I feel that David Cook will win the competition.

Although I do like many of the others, I think when push comes to shove, Cook will also be the best for them to market. I feel they definitely had a stronger top ten than in some of the past seasons, so this is a fun year.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wow, Cathy. I didn't know you had been to almost all of the tours.

How could you tolerate all the screaming fans!? [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think David Archuleta is outstanding; perfect pitch; goodlooking on camera, SO HUMBLE and pure.

he's my no. 1 pick, but you all mentioned many strong qualities in the others too.

was hard seeing rami being told; but when the music started, she TURNED PRO...NO TEARS and a strong, last performance.

i'm not sure if this is the 1st or 2nd yr. for us to watch this.

we missed the 1st years of DANCING WITH THE STARS TOO.

i think KRISTI YAMAGUCHI will be the winner; many good dancers this year, and boy can MARLEE move being deaf....outstanding partner giving her gestures of what to do, and she does it flawlessly!!

prescilla is doing wonderfully too; just hate the color of her hair; it used to be so pretty with her complexion.

then when cheryl came out this week in a red wig looking like prescella did in her late 20s-30s!! wow, they could have passed for twins! [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu,

When you talk about the screeming fans, does that mean that you have actually been to one of these tours? [Smile] I swear, the first year I went, it was the Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard year (2nd year) and I honestly thought it sounded like back in the days of the Beatles concerts.

As far as the tours, actually, it started because I had two teenage daughters at the time that both sing. Did some off Broadway work and local theatre, so they were always interested in this show.

It sort of ended up being a show that the three of us would watch together (you know...family bonding time). Then they went away to college and we would Tivo it so they could come home and catch up.

One daughter lost interest along the way, but the other one is still saying, "we are going to go to the tour again together this year too, right"?

But what started out as being something I was doing to be "involved" with my daughters, actually ended up being fun.

NOW...as far as the screaming at concerts, from a lyme angle, there actually was one concert that I had already told them I couldn't go to since I was just so darn sick. But as it turned out, it lifted the day of the concert and I went, but to be honest, I couldn't tell you ANYTHING about it.

So some times I was definitely in better 'condition???' to be there than others. I'm not even driving anymore, so now my young daughter drives US. But it's always fun.

And the phase I went through with the noise sensitivity actually has never been at the time the tour was in our location. But even with that, I would NOT have been able to make it because as you said, it IS noisy.

Cathy

--------------------

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH, I just know how those concerts go! Haven't been. I LOVE Clay Aiken. He has such a wonderful voice!!

I would love to have daughters to enjoy all this with!

I think Clay and Carrie Underwood are the only two idol stars whose CD's I have. I have two of Carrie's.

We saw Carrie here in concert about 6 months after she won.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been missing this season so far but hope to watch it this coming week.

I too have thought I would like to watch a tour but don't think I can handle it yet.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Tutu,

I have one daughter that just loves Clay Aiken so we have actually been to a couple of his tours even after his Idol days. He's fun. And hey, I prefer and support her listening to this music vs what many were listening to back then. [Smile]

Kam,

Actually, I don't think these concerts would be good for most active lyme patients if you have any sound issues. I know that I have gone through phases that even a soft radio in the car could make me nuts.

All depends on what your symptoms are at the time. But hey, for now, watching it on tv is fun.

Tune in tomorrow night Kam and tell us what you think although this week will be a little different than past weeks due to the "Idol Gives Back" segment on Wednesday.

Cathy

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
any of you see larry king live tonight?

randy, simon, paula, and host on entire hr.

guys said at end they feel it will e a toss up between 2 DAVIDS ONLY.

either ayesha or blond woman cook will be going home tonight. time to sign off.

you can read transcript on LKL site.... [Wink]

tdtid
Member # 10276

Betty,

I didn't see the show in question, but I did read an article on it. I imagine that most people have felt this is a competition between the two Davids with Cook winning it, so not sure that is anything new.

But hey, they always have an upset in past years, so we will see how it goes.

Tonight is "inspirational songs" and the only leak I've heard so far is the one that David Cook will be doing. Most weeks someone has seen the rehersal from last night and will post all the songs and order.

I love this show! [Smile]

Cathy

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

WEll, then I would say it's Kristi leaving. I think Myesha is really good. Don't know why she's not getting votes.

Is she too "plain"...nothing amazing??

I don't think David A. is well-rounded enough to win this...but he certainly could.

He's a one song man {boy}.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoping to be able to watch tonight.

Watched a little either last night or the night before...can't recall.

I liked the guy...sorry can't even recall what he sang.

It seems sometimes I can follow the whole show and other times I just can't seem to watch it but for very short periods of time.

I really like it when I get chills from whatever it is they are singing. never got that before lyme.

Some songs seem to touch your soul.

Not the words so much but something else that is coming across.

Cathy...yep. I have not been able to listen to music or the car radio since I came down with this for the most part.

I think once I was able to listen to my walkman while in my power chair one morning for a short time.

Use to listen to walkman and walk every morning before lyme.

Loved just going on a Sunday drive and listen to the radio or music before lyme.

Had a moment a few weeks ago where I was doing well enough to listen to almost one song while driving on the open road. Couldn't have done it if I was in traffic.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Carly's a good singer, but I don't like the way she sings.... or is it WHAT she sings. Does that make any sense? Some of her songs (1 or 2) I have liked.

Plus I hate ugly tats!!!

I had it all wrong with Myesha....It's SYesha!! Duh me!! Don't know how I missed that!!

I know someone named Maisha....guess I was thinking of her....but I could have sworn I SAW "MYesha" on the screen!! [bonk]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

Well, I'm going to get booed here with my prediction, but I think that Carly and Syesha are in the bottom two tonight and probably Carly will be going. As far as the third that will be in the bottom....that's going to be a toss up between Michael Johns or David Cook or even Brooke, but all of them should be safe.

This isn't as much about what I'm feeling personally, but that I've been watching this show for so many years, that you start feeling like you can see some of the writing on the wall.

I agree that Kristy's days are numbered, but my gutt is that she won't even be in the bottom three tonight.

Guess tonight will tell and then they will have Mariah Cary as their mentor next week and we will see how they do with that.

Cathy

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yeah, Syesha could be in the bottom 3, but I hope not.

Kristy did a GREAT job on that Marina McBride song! Wow!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

What a shocker tonight! I think it was shocking because of the way he announced it....plus Michael had never been in the bottom 3 before...right???

He seems like a really nice guy. I think he will make it big in his career. I really do.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lou4656
Member # 10300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou4656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Idol fever! I love it!

I'm not home on Tuesday nights, so I Tivo it and then my family gets together and watches the performance and results both on Wednesday night.

Popcorn, a drink and Idol. Great fun!

I like Carly and David Cook. But Carly needs someone to help her pick better songs.

--------------------
LouLou

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lou4656:
But Carly needs someone to help her pick better songs.

That would be good. All she sings is the angry rock stuff or she makes a nice song into an angry song.

Maybe it's just what she's used to. Kind of a habit to sing that way. She does have a very strong voice.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

I still haven't seen the results show, but did hear results from a friend that night. Have it tivo'ed so still have to watch it.

It seems when the judges start saying "pitchy" or anything negative, whether they are right or wrong, so often the audience agrees with them.

Also, aren't most of the serious voters younger than most of us? I know those high schoolers talk of power voting for one person the whole time allowed and just keep dialing. Perhaps that was part of Michael's downfall since I think he was attracting an older crowd. Hard to say. What can you do?

Does anyone know the actual "theme" for next week when Mariah Cary is their mentor? I sure hope they won't have to sing her songs because that will be some majoring butchering going on.

Cathy

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yeah, sometimes people DO listen to what the judges say!!

And i agree that the older crowd [over age 25, at least!!] [Big Grin] were probably voting more for Michael.

I think that's why Jason Yeager lost out so early. The youngsters weren't digging him.

Yeah, how are the guys [or gals!] goint to sing any of Mariah's songs?? NOt many can accomplish that feat!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 9 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will miss that cutie, Michael Johns
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yes, he was TERRIBLY cute!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

I have to admit that I did NOT see that one coming. I thought Michael Johns MIGHT be in the bottom three, but figured that even if he was, he would be the first to sit back down to safety.

Guess there's always an upset every year. I never expected him to win, but thought he would last longer.

Tonight could be a ROUGH one for them. It does appear they are singing songs from the Mariah Cary songbook. Holy Smoke...no one can sing those songs other than her.

The judges are going to be giving them a blood bath. I can't even IMAGINE the song that Jason Castro could pull out of that song book of choices. Yikes!!!!! Will definitely need the power voices to even HOPE to pull this off, I would think.

Cathy

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
I like all of them!!! But I usually vote for Kristy Lee, David Cook, Syesha, and Jason Castro.

Still am! [Smile]

Everyone did a great job on Mariah's songs, huh!?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David Cook! [bow] WOW.

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Yes, they all did better with Mariah songs than I would have ever expected. I think the weakest last night was probably Brooke though although I'm sure Syesha will be on the chopping block right next to her.

The guys were great though, so I doubt any of them will be in the bottom three. Time will tell.

Cathy

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think they all did well last night; i loved interaction between them and m.carey!
kam
Member # 3410

Learned that the guy who got very emotional last night had his brother in the audience who had cancer in the brain and now in the spine.

Somehow they were able to collect something like $90,000 to charter a privot jet to take him to see his younger brother sing.

(Don't quote me on the price...dont' trust my brain recall)

His nurse was with him.

His doctor would not release him to fly via commercial airlines.

wow. I can see why he was so emotional.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yeah, I heard that today. I'm SOOO glad his brother was able to be there!!

WEll....one of my favorites is gone! Ms Kristy!!

I think she will have a career in country music....let's hope!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, i hadn't heard that about why man became so emotional; david cook right?

i thought it was MEAN that david cook was sent to bottom 3 and later changed back to SAFE side!

then to ask david A to go to group of winners and he chose the floor! good for him.

loved kristy singing to simon during her farewell song.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:
then to ask david A to go to group of winners and he chose the floor! good for him.

loved kristy singing to simon during her farewell song.

I was glad he chose the floor too!!! They were trying to make him judge which group was the safe one....that's not his "job!"

Kristy has a good sense of humor!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lou4656
Member # 10300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou4656     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David Cook!! David Cook!! David Cook!!

--------------------
LouLou

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by lou4656:
David Cook!! David Cook!! David Cook!!

I hope he can actually win this. You never know what kids are doing when they vote!!!

He's from Missouri!

and Jason is from Rockwall, TX. [bedroom community of Dallas] My brother used to live there.

TX and MO... Makes me proud! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

Next week is Andrew Lloyd Webber week. Being a huge Broadway Musical fan, I'm really really looking forward to this next week.

As far as David A. sitting on the floor when asked to choose the winning side, most in past seasons have refused to commit to a side as well. I think I've only seen ONE pick a side in all these years and he was wrong. But most times, they refuse to budge.

I still see it lining up as being a David/David finale. But as Tutu has mentioned, it's hard to know who the younger generation is out there voting for since they are the ones that "power vote" and will vote non stop for the full two hours for their favorites.

Most will get contracts at this level of the competition and I understand that Michael Johns has already had three different offers, so if nothing else, the publicity they get from making it this far will get them in the door if they are actually any good.

The winner isn't always the one that ends up doing the best. I mean 4th place Chris Daultry is doing great where as Taylor Hicks, who won is just there. Yes, they love to win, but some have done better on their own with their own contracts than getting the one from coming in first place.

Still a great show and ADDICTING.

Cathy

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Next week is Andrew Lloyd Webber week.

I did not know this. thanks for letting me know.

Sounds good. (I hope. HA_

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Archuleta's going to LOVE this week!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

Yes, I'm sure Archuleta will love this week, but I imagine that David Cook is going to find something from Jesus Christ Superstar or some such to really rock out and make his own.

Several of them could have potential. Or they could fall on their faces. Time will tell. I love this show. [Smile]

Cathy

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Liked the first singer, the one who sang Jesus Christ Superstar and one other which I can't recall something to recall...this is not good.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I actually liked CArly tonight [Jesus Christ Superstar]!! She did a good job.

I really thought Jason and David Cook were awesome. They told David it was great that he sang a song written for a woman and then criticized Jason for doing the same thing!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lou4656
Member # 10300

David Cook! David Cook! David Cook!

Carly should not have been voted off. Neither Brook or Syeisha can hold a candle to Carly.

--------------------
LouLou

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first time responding to this thread.

I was so shocked when my honey, Michael Johns, was voted off that I cried like a baby!

I told hubby there's only two more singers I like on the show - Carly and David Cook.

So, Carly's now gone.

If David Cook gets voted off next, my disgust will be complete!

How many chances is Brooke going to get?

I used to like Jason but he sounds the same every week.

Syesha doesn't sound unique to me.

I like David Archuleta's story of overcoming vocal paralysis (some Lymies can relate to that!). He's sweet.

- Lymelady's opinions

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yeah, what a shocker last night after those two sang so beautifully!

I agree that Jason is beginning to sound the same all the time, but so does David A.

Everyone that wants David Cook needs to keep calling in!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

This year has definitely been unpredicatable as to who is going. I don't feel Michael Johns OR Carly were the worst at the time they have been voted off, so what do I know?

I do admit that I watch, but don't vote, so I realize I can't really complain about the results, but it really does make you wonder WHO is voting.

As far as how Brooke is lasting so long, I don't know if you all are aware of this "club" called "Vote for the Worst" and they get all their people pumped up to toss a monkey wrench in this show. They pick who they think is worst and then vote non stop for the whole two hours for this person.

They have been doing this for years and can usually keep the weakest link alive for longer than they should be. You can do a google search on "Vote for the Worst" and will see how many are finding this all hysterically funny by voting for who they think is bad to get someone better knocked out. Seems to be working.

Cathy

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

yeah, I think they're being much more successful at this than in years past.

They got a big kick out of keeping Sanjaya in for so long. He couldn't carry a tune in a bucket!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like we all need to start voting! All of our faves are getting kicked off! I liked Carly, but as long as David Cook is in there, Im happy!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I just am kind of in shock when I see the young boys. I wonder..are they even driving yet.

it must just be me. But, they sure do look younger than I recall the others.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by LisaS:
Looks like we all need to start voting! All of our faves are getting kicked off!

YEP! I never voted that much until Simon and Randy kept being negative with Carrie Underwood.

I thought she was AMAZING and I think they didn't want a "country singer" to win.

They have since changed their tunes!

Every time they went after her, I voted like crazy!

PS.... For lazy voters, I call on my cell phone and then just keep pushing the "send" button to dial again.

Very easy!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

I think your David Cook should be fine in this competition. Too much talk, even by the judges saying that it will be a David/David competition. Which will mean that Syesha, Jason and Brooke will drop in the next three weeks, but just not sure of the order.

That is, unless they have another "shocking elimination" in which case, the finale will be weak since you know which ever David left standing will win.

Perhaps they feel they got all the shocking eliminations out of their system for the season.

Next up is Neil Diamond songs. I know that Carly was suppose to do "Sweet Caroline" but with her gone, that song won't be used unless one of the contestants decides to drop the song they were working on to pick up the new one. But probably not.

Ahhhhh and we have a "power voter" here with Tutu. [Smile] I did actually vote in the second season but more to humor my two daughters. They were obviously younger then and LOVED Clay Aiken. So one night, we each got on a different phone in the house (we had three phone lines at the time...ours, the kids and business) and we voted for Clay for two hours solid.

He STILL lost to Rubin but we got many more busy's than we did getting through, so I think when you are down to just two, it's just luck of the draw since many "power vote" like that. But that was the only year I did that and my phone had "redial" on it, so I did much like what you are saying with the cell phone, Tutu.

My "baby" is away at college though, so I don't vote when I'm watching the show alone. Besides, when I heard there is a clause in the contract that the producers can change any of the votes basically that they want to, it didn't give me the incentive to do it anymore, since I'm sure they already know who they want to give the contract to anyway. Ho hum.

Cathy

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

competition was good; neil diamond connected with each of them.

jason's songs weren't that great.

both davids outdid themselves; syesha was super good tonight.

tdtid
Member # 10276

Ahhh Betty, I hope we can agree to disagree. [Smile] I found last night kind of a train wreck. The songs all came off too much like Karaoke.

I do agree that Jason was probably the weakest link, but I think Brooke had the worst song of the night with that "I'm a Believer".

I think the best of the night was Archuleta's "America" although his first wasn't bad but the arrangement wasn't good. David Cook tried to make them his own which saved him. I liked Syesha's new hair do.

Not sure why Simon said she was in trouble unless it was really to stir up her fans and get them to vote harder since I don't know where that comment came from.

I didn't think last night was one of the better nights for the top five and at this point they should have some amazing performances and they weren't blowing anyone away. Perhaps Neil Diamond wasn't a good choice for them this late in the competition.

Cathy

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

WAs not able to watch much of it last night. Sometimes I can sit and listen to the songs and other times I can not.

I did see the white female at the piano. I liked that.

And I did see the second song Cook sang. I liked that.

Both of those caught me long enough to listen to them.

bettyg
Unregistered

it was sad tonight watching BROOKE, piano player, getting cut! she had the support of everyone!
tdtid
Member # 10276

Betty,

I agree about it being sad. I think when we get to this level every year, you start to like something about ALL of them and it is sad to see ANY of them go.

Next week they are doing more of a rock genre but say it will be in a BROAD sense so they each will be able to do something that might be on the radio NOW.

Probably a way to find out who is more mareketable.

Cathy

--------------------

lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I thought it was long past time for Brooke to go, though I liked her as a person.

I just didn't think she sang as well as some of the others.

Still rooting for David Cook to win the whole thing!

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

It was so ironic that she said last week she had finally decided to ENJOY being on the show. You could tell it in her songs!!

Too bad she didn't realize this a long time ago!! I think it hurt her to some extent.

I hope she will work on her confidence issues. She could go a long way if she does.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the remaining singers are all very talented but I have to admit my family is even more entertained by watching Paula.

We loved when she was commenting on "both" of Jason's songs, but he had only sung one at that time!!

Doesn't that little mistake make you think that the show's writers actually give her comments to say before the kids have even sung???

Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I THINK what happens is they hear them sing the songs the night prior. So she got ahead of herself.

I was like "OH NO!!" [Eek!] [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like pc gang about show was pretty mean about paula's slip up.

moderator mentioned it and she's a member of our family with simon kissing her.

mod also stated paula had watched them perform in afternoon too. ... who knows; they really changed their routine to save time.

this is our 1st year of watching this so i've got a lot to learn about it all. [Wink]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's what I thought. She HAD heard him sing the two songs.

I don't know why the media comes down so hard on her!

And .. It's LIVE TV.. anything can happen!! People make mistakes!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

ponytail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ponytail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lookey who found their lymenet password [bonk] ... woohooo ... MEEE!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE American Idol!

I especially am fond of BOTH Davids ...

Hope everyone is doing well [group hug] ... Miss TuTu ... I've missed you!

Sherry

--------------------
 -

Posts: 704 | From Huntsville, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Did get to see a few songs tonight. I was in the kitchen when David Archeleto (sp?) was singing....

I think it was Stand By Me. I was having great fun singing a long with him into my xango bottle.

What surprised me is I was able to move my feet and body too. Kick ball shuffle. Rotate the hips right...rotate the hips left.

This is not something that I can do whenever I want. It is rare the brain is functioning like that.

I also liked Love Me Tender by the same guy.

And I liked the song the girl sang who cried at the end. That was powerful. I think I saw her vocal cords on some of the tones coming from her.

The guy with the dreadlocks needs to put his guitar down I think. I think trying to play and sing is not working for him.

I missed most of the second part but did notice he forgot the lyrics at the beginning.

Poor guy.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey there, Sherry!!! Yipppeeee!!!! Glad to have you back!!! [hi]

kam.. yeah, I think Jason's time is over. He's just not stepping up to the plate. I have a feeling his "work ethic" is not too strong!!

In order to be a star, you have to be willing to put out the effort.

Syesha was great... Glad I've been voting for her. I think Randy felt bad that she cried. I don't think what he said really did it......

It was the emotion of singing that powerful song that had such great meaning for her.

The only thing coming out of Randy's mouth these days is how wonderful David A is. It doesn't matter how he does, "he's wonderful."

My vote is still on David Cook. It will be a crime if he loses.

just my stupid ramblings!! [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

TuTu...

You are seeing the big picture. I am just catching bits and pieces so the feed back is good.

joalo
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason has GOT to be the next one to go!!

I just can't listen to him without thinking of Tiny Tim and "Tip Toe Thru the Tulips".

I dunno, maybe it's just me...

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Yep, I can't see Jason being saved after last night.

As far as the "Tip Toe through the Tulips" comment....perhaps he should have tried that song. Doubt it could have been any worse than what he did.

I really wanted to pull for him...not for the win since it's clearly a David/David competition, but more because I felt he needed to be taken under a wing. He seems so very shy and insecure.

Probably not right for this type of business, but still brought out the mothering in me. But no, sadly, it's his time to go.

Cathy

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by joalo:
Jason has GOT to be the next one to go!!

I just can't listen to him without thinking of Tiny Tim and "Tip Toe Thru the Tulips".

OMG!! You're right! I probably would have not voted for him if I had figured out that connection!! [lol]

But you're right!! [Razz]

So yes, the public got it right. I was worried that Syesha was going. She deserves to be in the top 3.

I had three of the top 4 right! Of course, I KNEW David A was better than Kristy Lee, but I liked her better.

I don't think David A is well-rounded enough to be the winner. I also think he is too young and sheltered to handle it right now.

His time will definitely come.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

SoSublyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoSublyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't help but feel so sorry for Jason, but, alas, it was his time.

Syesha becoming so overwhelmed with emotion was so touching. I think even Simon was moved!

I think David Cook should win. And David A. should have a fab career ahead of him. (I hope his dad lets him enjoy what's left of his childhood first.)

Posts: 345 | From East Coast | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou4656
Member # 10300

David Cook! David Cook! David Cook!

Too bad Jason had to go. His singing . . . well?? But I loved his "whatever happens, happens" attitude.

I think that a Syesha/David Cook finale would be more entertaining than a David/David finale.

This season is starting to d-r-a-g.

--------------------
LouLou

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I agree with both of you!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

tdtid
Member # 10276

Yes, I think they have had a good season and many from the top ten will be picking up contracts this year.

I do feel that David Cook will win it, but that isn't always the best for each person since then you are bound by the contracts. Where as Daultry not winning was best for him since that way he could keep his band he had been with BEFORE Idol and be big.

If you win, you have to go by their rules....so it's a double edged sword, but hey...everyone likes to be a winner.

But I'm sticking with what I went with at the top ten point that a few friends and I had all done with predicting. I had said it would be a David/David finale, so sorry, I have my "prediction" riding on this one, so Syesha has to go next. Sorry, Syesha fans. [Smile]

Cathy

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

yeah, I like Syesha... but I'm sure she will be leaving next week. I don't think she'll be all that shocked!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've pretty much lost interest since Carly left....BOOhiss!

I think David A will win it and I'm beginning to think the whole thing is rigged....call me jaded.

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement