LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mystery Symptoms...what does it sound like?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mystery Symptoms...what does it sound like?
dmarie725
Member # 43094

Icon 9 posted      Profile for dmarie725     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi...these are some physical issues I've developed over the last 5 months. Does this sound like anything? They don't seem related but it seems to strange they are all new:

- Excessive daily belching (started with nausea). At worst was over 100 times a day. Gotten a little better, but still happens all the time. With and without eating/drinking (but definitely worse with eating or drinking). This symptom appeared one day of out of nowhere with nausea.

- Mild nausea (no vomiting)

- Terrible muscle twitching (daily, all over body)

- Thumping/Flutter sounds in ears (not ringing)

- I wake up many nights to my hands or arms "asleep". I can shake them out and make it better, but this never used to happen. I'm not laying on them.

- Can't gain weight

- Vision seems slightly worse lately

- At times I feel shakey (hands)

- At times I have a very subtle "inner-vibration"...very subtle, almost hard to notice.

- Often feel like something is stuck in my throat, or feels "thick" with a lot of phlegm.

I've had several GI tests for the belching (all normal), had an EMG & nerve study for the twitching (normal), normal CT scan of head, normal blood work. Doctors can't help...

Please give me your opinions! I'm so confused.

Posts: 75 | From Chicago, IL | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you had a CDSA test (genova or metamatrix)? Have you been tested for h. pylori via blood work, stool sample and breath test?

I tested for h. pylori via blood and stool the same week. Stool was negative and blood was crazy positive. My friend had a positive test via breath after chasing the symptoms around for 20 years.

A naturopathic doctor or LLMD can probably run the test for you. The ND and LLMD helped my stomach more than the GI doc.

I lost a 3rd of my body weight because of severe gut dysbiosis. It didn't matter what I ate.

Info on CDSA test:

http://www.food-allergy.org/root3.html

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmarie725
Member # 43094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmarie725     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Judie,

I've not had a CDSA test. I had an endoscopy where they tested for H. Pylori (it was negative) and then they re-tested with breath test which was also negative, so I'm pretty sure I don't have H. Pylori. What does the CDSA test tell you? As far as I know I don't have food allergies...and this belching happens even after drinking water (or anything else) or when I eat ANYTHING.

As far as the belching, it makes me feel like something isn't functioning properly because it's as though my stomach can't hold any air (even though I'm not taking any extra air in)...

And then there's all those other things I listed [Frown]

Posts: 75 | From Chicago, IL | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It just looks like common lyme disease symptoms for me.

I would look into taking more binders (like chlorella, if you can stand that), some sulfur (if you can stand these too!), anything that helps cleaning.

And I would be away from electrosmog. Many of your symptoms look for me neural (like I had)... Many neuro symptoms get worse with electrosmog.

For me, babesia caused some of your symptoms, but it could be also bart, or borrelia or whatever.

Don't be too scared. Most people here suffers from these symptoms you describe. They do look scary, but many symptoms of what you describe is what people here normally call neuro-lyme.

The GI tract problem can be other things, but the GI tract is THE favorite place for infections, as it is totally open to the outside world (through food and water).

I don't know if that reassures you, but your list of symptoms is still small (to what I suffered and many here suffer daily). Just keep treating, you will get better!!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmarie725
Member # 43094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmarie725     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi...I'm new here and don't even know if I have lyme or anything. Based in these symptoms that have started over the last 5 months, do you think I need to see a dr?
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out the PARASITE WARRIORS SUPPORT THREAD. Several of the symptoms you mention like not being able to gain weight are on the list. Parasites eat half of what you ingest and are sitting in the small intestine just waiting for food. Google parasite symptoms and check the symptom list at Humaworm.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dmarie, You could very well have Lyme disease from your symptom list.

The rule of thumb is, when all testing comes back normal, and you remain sick, it's time to see an LLMD.

I see you have an appointment at the end of the month (LLMD) - that's great - make sure you have all your medical records/test, and write down everything you'd like to ask. Keep us updated...

Good luck...

Steve

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might also want to get your blood sugar checked.

The vision problems, weight issues, shakiness, nausea, and numbness (could be neuropathy) could be a sign of diabetes.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CDSA is a comprehensive digestive stool analysis. I don't have food allergies either. The site I directed you to tells you what it tests for or you can look it up at the labs I posted.

It's a test for all kinds of things including infections, fungus and stuff missed by GI docs. A very small portion has to do with food allergies.

A CDSA test will tell you exactly what's going on with your digestive tract because they culture the sample.

An OATS test may be helpful too (organic acid test). It's a urine test.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmarie725
Member # 43094

Ok thanks. I wonder if I'd have to have my dr order this for me (as they are not very helpful anymore). I wish I could just order myself...
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Candida/yeast can cause blood sugar levels to go up and down wildly.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmarie725
Member # 43094

I did have full blood work recently and sugar levels were normal...(glucose levels I believe).

The most concerning thing to me right now is the constant belching. I never see it listed as a symptom but I have heard from a couple people now that belching was a major symptom of them having Bartonella.

Does anyone else have any input on this? I've seen 2 GI doctors and they are so unhelpful...they say I must be swallowing air, which is ridiculous. I feel offended a dr would say that after 31 years I would just start swallowing so much air that I was belching 100 times a day [Frown]

steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dmarie, here's a good site....

You've Got Gas and What You Can Do About It

When are flatulence, burping, and belching the signs of a serious problem? Sergey V. Kantsevoy, M.D. , Assistant Professor of Medicine at Johns Hopkins, provides the answers.

Some people find gas -- and the belching (burping), flatulence, and stomach bloating that go with it -- an embarrassing subject, but it’s actually a normal occurrence. In fact, the human body produces between one and four pints of gas a day, which it releases via the mouth or the rectum about 14 times a day.

Where Does Gas Come From?

Gas gets into the digestive tract when you swallow air (oxygen) and during the normal metabolism of carbohydrates.

Swallowed air. You swallow small amounts of air when you’re eating and drinking, and you take in greater amounts when you eat or drink rapidly, don’t chew your food completely, suck on hard candies, chew gum, smoke cigarettes, or wear loose dentures.

Most swallowed air escapes from the stomach via the mouth when you burp, or belch. The rest of the air travels to the small intestine; some of it is absorbed there, while the remainder moves into the large intestine and then is released through the rectum.

Undigested carbohydrates. Gas is also produced in the digestive tract during digestion. Your body is not able to adequately digest some carbohydrates (sugars, starches, and fiber) in the small intestine, which is where the food you eat is normally metabolized and absorbed.

Instead of being absorbed, these undigested carbohydrates go into the large intestine (the colon), where they are broken down by bacteria that reside there. In the process, the bacteria -- which are harmless -- produce the odorless gases hydrogen, carbon dioxide, and sometimes methane. The bacteria may also release the malodorous gas, sulfur.

Like stool, the gases are then passed out of the body through the rectum. During the digestive process, the gases that are formed may cause stomach bloating or even discomfort. Stomach bloating can also be due to weak abdominal muscles. This is the case when bloating worsens as the day goes on and gets better when you lie down.

Several types of carbohydrate-containing foods are notorious for causing gas. These foods include:

•vegetables such as artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, corn, onions, and potatoes

•fruits such as apples, peaches, and pears

•beans (especially baked beans)

•carbonated beverages

•wheat products such as pasta and whole grain breads and cereals.

Many people also develop gas after consuming milk products that contain the sugar lactose. This is because they make insufficient amounts of the enzyme lactase, which the body needs to digest lactose. As you age, your lactase level naturally declines. Fats and proteins rarely cause gas.

When Gas-related Symptoms Require a Doctor’s Attention

Most cases of gas are normal. But an unusual amount of gas (more than 23 episodes of flatulence or belching/burping a day on a regular basis) or symptoms like abdominal bloating and discomfort may indicate lactose intolerance or a more serious disorder. If this is the case, you should make an appointment with your doctor.

Chronic belching can be a sign of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or a peptic ulcer, while stomach bloating can be a sign of irritable bowel syndrome, gastroparesis (delayed emptying of the stomach), or Crohn’s disease.

People who’ve had hernias in their digestive tract, have undergone many surgeries to their digestive tract, or have scar tissue in their digestive tract may also have problems with bloating and pain. From a review of your diet and the number of times you pass gas a day, a doctor can often determine the cause of your symptoms.

If a diagnosis is not obvious (for example, excess gas is not related to lactose intolerance or consumption of a large amount of gas-causing foods), your doctor may suggest you have a sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy, or upper GI series to determine if you have a serious disorder.

Here are some easy steps you can take to reduce the amount of gas you pass:

•Eat and drink slowly and chew your food well. This will help reduce the amount of air you take in when you swallow.

•If you’re prone to gas, avoid chewing on gum and sucking on hard candies.

•If you have dentures, check with your dentist to make sure they fit properly.

•Identify the foods that cause gas for you. You probably won’t have to avoid these foods altogether. Instead, you’ll just have to reduce the amounts you currently eat. So experiment to see how much of these gas-causing foods your body can handle before gas becomes a problem.

•If you’re adding fiber (more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains) to your diet, do so slowly so your body can adjust without producing excess gas.

•If you experience gas after eating dairy products, you can take lactase supplements (Lactaid, Lactrase) before eating to reduce how much gas your body produces. You can also buy lactose-reduced milk and other products such as Lactaid and Dairy Ease.

•Try the over-the-counter digestive aid, Beano, which contains an enzyme that helps you to digest the sugar in beans and vegetables. You can add Beano to your food as a liquid or take tablets before eating.

•Take a nonprescription antiflatulent with simethicone, such as Gas-X or Mylanta Gas Relief. Simethicone works by breaking up gas bubbles in your digestive tract.

•Engage in regular physical activity (30 minutes a day on most, and preferably all, days of the week). Doing so will help speed the clearance of excess gas.

•Strengthen your abdominal muscles by pulling in your stomach several times a day, regularly doing exercises such as sit-ups, or wearing a support garment. Strengthening your abdominal muscles will also help decrease bloating.

http://www.johnshopkinshealthalerts.com/reports/digestive_health/697-1.html

Steve

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmarie725
Member # 43094

Hi Steve...thanks for that info. I've read that before. Unfortunately, I've tried everything and nothing had helped and no cause can be found. I've had numerous GI tests all come back normal and doctors just telling me basically to deal with it since my tests are normal. I don't know what else to do...and since I've had some other strange symptoms develop since the belching that tie in with lyme, I wondered if it were possible the belching could have anything to do with lyme as well?
dmarie725
Member # 43094

Steve...one more thing. In your first comment to me you said based on my list of symptoms it could be Lyme. Does that include the belching symptom? That was the very first "strange" thing that started happening to me and for me it's been the most worrisome. If it could be connected to those other symptoms as all possibilities of lyme, it would answer a lot of questions for me. I know belching doesn't usually show up as a symptom but 2 people with Lyme now have told me that was a major symptom of theirs and it makes me wonder...what do you think?
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google "Does a parasitic infection cause belching"

Scroll down to" sulfur belching and role of parasitic infection"

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may very well have food allergies and sensitivities that you would not realize on your own. You may want to consider having some testing done through a naturopath or integrative physician.I was amazed what showed up. Chances are some foods you are consuming regularly your body is reacting to.

The other thing you could try on the mean time is going on the Paleo diet or possibly the Paleo Autoimmune to see if that helps your symptoms. Have you eliminated all gluten and dairy?

Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme and company, parasites, mineral deficiencies (lyme sucks them out of us). You need to see an LLMD (lyme literate MD). Go to www.lymediseaseassociation.org. They are the only ones who even remotely have a clue on how to treat.

It's also important to note that the western blot (test for lyme) has a considerable false negative rate, so clinical symptoms are key in diagnosing lyme and company properly. This is why only a lyme literate specialist will do. Hopefully it is one who is ILADS trained (International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society). www.ilads.org

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
100% agree with Gael on parasites. Visit THE PARASITE WARRIOR'S SUPPORT THREAD.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also have you had your thyroid checked? Unable to gain weight, feeling of fullness in your throat, stomach issues etc can all be symptoms of thyroid problems.
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmarie725
Member # 43094

Hi everyone. Thanks for your input. To answer a few questions...I did have my thyroid checked and it was fine. I am seeing a llmd next week. Are you all saying you do think this could possibly be lyme (even to explain the belching)? What I can't understand about the belching is it happens immediately after drinking even water (and I'm not suddenly sucking air). Could something lyme-related maybe be causing this reaction? I don't know if it's really anything food tolerance related because it doesn't seem to matter what I eat or drink. It almost seems like something h isn't working or able to hold my air in?? What do you think?? All the symptoms are weird but this one had been bothering me the most and every single GI test just comes back normal...
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have all those but am gaining like crazy. Also severe insomnia and tinnitus.

Sucks....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

It's hard to say what's causing the issue (Lyme or not). It sounds like you need more diagnostics if you want a definitive answer.

An easier option may be just to try digestive enzymes for symptoms. You need to take them away from probiotics. I seem to do well with Similase GFCF. There's also one of cruciferous foods.

dmarie725
Member # 43094

Thanks Judie...I have tried digestive enzymes and no real difference [Frown] the reason I don't think it's a digestion issue is the belching will happen within a minute of even drinking water. It's so confusing. And as soon as I sit up out of bed. I don't even know what other kinds of tests or diagnostics to have done? Do you have any ideas?
steve1906
Member # 16206

dmarie725, Please read all the post within the web-site below - many, many people have this problem - lots of info and post.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Digestive-Disorders---Gastroenterology/burping/show/235674#

Steve

--------------------

dmarie725
Member # 43094

Hi Steve...thanks, I've actually read this entire post before...it looks like people have the problem with no answers [Frown]
steve1906
Member # 16206

I read years ago, many people have this problem, some for more than 10-20 years.

I really think its lyme related, if in fact your LLMD confirms next week.

I think you are very stressed out over this, rightfully understandable. But don't forget (STRESS can cause this problem – (belching ).

Steve

--------------------

dmarie725
Member # 43094

You're right Steve, I am very stressed over it. Mostly because it started so abruptly and excessively with no answers...and test after test to say I'm fine. If I were fine I don't understand what's causing it, ya know?

So you do think it could be lyme related? I never considered it until I started having other strange symptoms as well...and never actually saw "belching" listed as a lyme symptom. I'm hoping my llmd has some insight.

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Brussels says: "It just looks like common lyme disease symptoms for me. "

I agree. There is no mystery, as I see it. It just goes with the lyme.

You don't say if you are being treated and if other tick-borne infections have been assessed.

Are you taking liver, adrenal support and magnesium?

Are you gluten free? Dairy free?

Just all part of the check list for how you might find some relief. I know these are troubling symptoms but it all matches up perfectly with a normal day with lyme.

I hope your LLMD can offer suggestions for what might help, although it could take a while. Your LLMD would be the best person to suggest if you need outside tests (with your GP or a different doctor - and then maybe who would be best).

But you may not need additional testing at all.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://www.ilads.org/lyme_research/lyme_publications14.html

Bell's palsy of the Gut - Summary

http://thehumansideoflyme.net/viewarticle.php?aid=62

BELL's PALSY OF THE GUT - Article - April 2006

by Virginia T. Sherr, MD

. . . Gastrointestinal Lyme disease may cause gut paralysis and a wide range of diverse GI symptoms with the underlying etiology likewise missed by physicians.

Borrelia burgdorferi, the microbial agent often behind unexplained GI symptoms�along with numerous other pathogens also contained in tick saliva�influences health and vitality of the gastrointestinal tract from oral cavity to anus. . . .
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Yoga, Pilate, Tai Chi, Qi Gong . . . all ways to get the insides moving but gently. Our gut needs to have room and get moved around during the day.

Some safe exercises further into this thread, even near the end of it:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=077325;p=0#000000

CARDIAC INFO & SUPPORT

Includes:

Dr. B's SAFE EXERCISE and PT Rehab guidelines,

EXERCISE INTOLERANCE is (partially) explained in the article: "when exercise doesn't work out" (and what we can do about that)

ADRENAL, CARDIAC, MITOCHONDRIA & MYELIN SUPPORT - that all helps movement better work for us

Styles discussed: Pilates; Qi Gong; Tai Chi; Yoga; water; strolling; etc.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
For the consideration of your gut, the muscle twitching, and entire body - certain food additives could be responsible:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; & "Natural" Flavors (that are not likely natural at all);

GMO foods that destroy the GI Tract; Gluten; Dairy.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I assume your LLMD has you taking liver support but, if not, additional symptoms can be due to liver stress from lyme and all that goes with it.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.

To help lessen twitching:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM LINKS sets

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
"internal vibrations" can be eased by magnesium. This symptom can also be due to the adrenal stress lyme causes. What helps while lyme is being addressed:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP & ADRENAL SUPPORT

EAR stuff you mention, and even vision, and "internal vibrations" - detail here could be related - and what helps:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065801

Topic: TINNITUS: Ringing Between The Ears; Vestibular, Balance, Hearing with compiled links - including HYPERACUSIS
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
This article really helps to understand the scope of lyme. So the next time something flares or there's a new symptom, that it won't be so scary.

Plan something refreshing for yourself after pouring through this. Take it in steps, it is a rough format so you may want to copy, paste and then change font and add some space breaks for your "study" copy.

http://www.thehumansideoflyme.net/viewarticle.php?aid=65&PHPSESSID=c0adeb1d4869cfb5a38f6447d9ed7a96

When to Suspect Lyme – by John D. Bleiweiss, M.D.

This article is essential reading to gain an understanding of what it's like to HAVE lyme. This can be frightening, yet it is informative -- and then empowering so that symptoms and patterns are not so scary.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
PROBIOTICS (important to take)

and possible overgrowth of CANDIDA discussed on your previous thread similar to this one. Just wanted to be sure you are paying attention to that aspect, too.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Also be sure to consider any Rx, especially if for pain, sleep or mood. They can often cause side effects such as symptoms you describe and there are often other ways to address whatever you might have wanted those for in the first place (and lyme is often the underlying cause.)

Magnesium and liver support would be the place I'd begin, along with diet. All this other stuff can be sorted out in time . . . and it all circles back and around and around.

Treat infection(s) directly with ILADS educated LLMD or LL ND - and all that go along for the ride

I see that you have just recently posted in "seeking a doctor" - until you find one, you can likely get some relief by:

Supporting & nourishing your body

Avoiding what you can that stresses the body (or situation) -- and take in whatever beauty, fun, laughter and healthy love that you can.

Being kind with yourself. It's a lot to take in yet it can get better, really.
-

Judie
Member # 38323

"And as soon as I sit up out of bed. I don't even know what other kinds of tests or diagnostics to have done? Do you have any ideas?"

The sitting up makes me think this is gravity related (the air rising up and out after having gotten air down earlier, perhaps in small bubbles so you don't notice and then they settle into a big bubble then release when they have the opportunity).

Maybe letting the water sit for a bit after being poured will help.

CDSA is the only test I know of that can tell you if something is creating gas in the intestines or contributing.

I had another idea. This may sounds gross, but do you ever have the taste of bile in your mouth (like stomach acid)?

I use to get esophageal spasms (basically the muscles contract the wrong direction and stuff comes up that shouldn't, not the same as acid reflux).

Stress and lack of sleep contributed.

Licorice tincture diluted in water helped (not good if you have high blood pressure). DGL also helped and mint.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement