LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Newbie - new lesions after antibiotics?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Newbie - new lesions after antibiotics?
narrowpath
Member # 15086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for narrowpath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick question that, after much, much research, I still can't seem to get an answer on.

Long story short - I have Lyme and Bartonella - misdiagnosed as MS. Sound familiar?

I had an MRI - 4 lesions total - brain and cord.

Does anyone know, after treatment, the liklihood of NEW MS-like attacks on the CNS?

i.e. getting more lesions? Not just a "symptom flare" but actually more lesions?

I'm doing great on the ABX, etc and am in it for the long haul.

I just don't know if once the bacteria are gone I'm out of the woods,

or if I'm going to be left "always on gaurd" for another attack b/c of a messed up immune system.

Thanks so much for any input!

Posts: 43 | From Chicago | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there's a 50/50 chance that your lesions will diminish/go away, according to research.

I have lyme and babesia and 11 lesions.

Mine have not gone away.

However, repeat MRI has demonstrated that I have not gotten any NEW ones, which I take as good news.

I would continue treating and hope for the best, particularly since you KNOW you have lyme and bart, and consider yourself lucky that you know it and aren't one of those doomed to be misdiagnosed with MS.

Good luck!! You have every reason to believe you'll get better!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for answers from MS/LYME folks...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B R H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B R H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an interview of an "MS" patient's success on MP:
http://bacteriality.com/2008/03/31/interview19

Posts: 246 | From Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B R H:
Here is an interview of an "MS" patient's success on MP:
http://bacteriality.com/2008/03/31/interview19

Please note this patient used the Marshall Protocol to treat his 'Post Lyme Syndrome," something most lyme literate physicians and patients do not even believe in.

There is no evidence that "Post Lyme Disease Syndrome" even exists. In fact, there is evidence that the bacteria persists after treatment.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B R H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B R H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle M:
Please note this patient used the Marshall Protocol to treat his 'Post Lyme Syndrome," something most lyme literate physicians and patients do not even believe in.

There is no evidence that "Post Lyme Disease Syndrome" even exists. In fact, there is evidence that the bacteria persists after treatment.

Michelle

You're funny. Call the illness whatever you want but a different name doesn't change the fact that the Marshall Protocol worked for yet another tick bite victim!
Posts: 246 | From Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrowpath
Member # 15086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for narrowpath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone so much for your input. Yes, the Marshall Protocal is just one more point of confusion for me.

There seem to be so many different philosophies about type of antibiotics, rotations, pulsing, diet, supplements, etc. I feel overwhelmed.

Overwhelmed even though my brain fog is gone, and I'm in the medical profession - I'm a physical therapist!

Thank God for forums like this or else I never would have gotten the right diagnosis in the first place.

God bless you all.

Posts: 43 | From Chicago | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement