LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mangosteen Shmangosteen!! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Mangosteen Shmangosteen!!
Lymeorsomething
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chill people. You make mangosteen seem like crack. I honestly don't care if people are selling Mangosteen on this site. It doesn't mean I have to buy it.

Though I work full-time, I fully understand the need of those lymies who need to generate income in creative ways. If there is a market for it, go for it.

No one is selling crack to children here. If adults can't make informed decisions about fruit juice [lick] then that's their problem.

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dang right. nobody is putting a gun to my head and making me buy it.

like i said, it's my money, i'm way over the age of consent, so what if pay 25 or 37 or even 100....

i've thrown tons of money DOWN THE TOLIET trying to get something that works....so hey if i like it and want to pay that...fine...

and nobody, ever, ever on this board has forced anybody to buy xango, mango, noni, or whatever...

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kathy - many medicines are based on plants. Mangosteen is a plant. In juice or some other form, I think the articles that are availble on pubmed speak for themselves. It does have some healing powers.

LymeEd - As I mentioned before, I don't sell mangosteen. I don't beleive anyone said it "cures" lyme disease. It likely does have benefit for lyme patients due to it's anit-inflammatory effect. Please read the studies that I posted.

Many LLMD's use treatments that work on malaria to treat babesia thus it *may* end up having an effect on babesia.

Apparently it does work on some bacteria but I haven't seen any specific studies on lyme and mangosteen. Doesn't mean it doesn't work. I just don't know if it does or not.

I don't understand all the effects of mangosteen and neither does anyone else at this time but I try to open my mind to anything that might be useful in our battle against this awful disease.

Thanks Vermont - glad you found the info useful. There is more on pubmed that looks interesting.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Mangosteen may help some people but regardless no one should be selling anything on this site it is against the rules. Nor should they be sending people PMs saying they sell juice or vitamins off of this site. End of story.

I can understand being sick and having a limited income but that does not make it right nor is it an excuse. If they want to sell anything they can get their own website for that purpose.

This website is for people to share information about Lyme disease not for having Tupperware or MLM parties.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unsolicited PMs about products are unacceptable. To be honest, I haven't seen any overt posts or PMs advertising or selling products. However, solicited PMs about products are not necessarily anyone's business.

--------------------

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i see absolutely nothing wrong with people corresponding privately about what works for them and what doesn't....

and if they want to work a deal between themselves and sending whatever, it's not on public discussion. it's purely a private matter.

so you're saying that if i decide to mail someone a care package with vitamins or supplements, books, whatever, that might help, it's wrong? not in my book....

i do what little i can to help other lymies and if it's done privately, then, hey, no harm done, and we're not wasting time on this very public board.

i'm not sure what the rules are regarding private correspondence but if someone gives their other email address or not, it doesn't matter.

it's between two consenting adults.....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

I'd have to agree, Bear.

--------------------

lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree with Randi...we're all grown here, and I personally have never had someone - anyone - try and sell me anything on this sight.
Not Mangosteen or anything else. And if they did, who cares? If it was something I was intersested in I would buy it...if not then I wouldn't - end of story!

Lauren

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meg
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like the stuff sells itself. I see no adds or information on where to buy it here.

I've spoken online and off with TuTu. She's never in these 7 years ever spoken to me about the stuff, ever.

The only reason I know Lymetoo sells it is by reading posts like THIS one.

....and for those slinging arrows of inclusion, I don't sell it, receive any kickbacks, use it, or endorse it.

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NMN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11007

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Elizabeth...Its nice that you find me so cute. I have been called worse. [Razz]

I don't take anything on here personally. Its all in the spirit of a good debate. Its mostly tongue in cheek of course [Big Grin]

I think this thread had far more mileage than anyone expected. Kept me very amused.
[Wink]

--------------------
Pos BB and Bart(Q & H IGG pos)
Began treat 1 year after start of illness. Diagnosed Feb 2007.

Posts: 648 | From Ireland | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

I think we're flogging a dead Yak here but it's still fun [Wink]

--------------------

Lou B
Administrator
Member # 64

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lou B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you're all flogging a dead yak and ... I'm closing this Topic ... enough!

Let's move on to Lyme victims helping Lyme victims ... that's what the LymeNet Flash is all about, not beating up other users based on the merits or detriments of a given supplement ... OK?

Take care,

[ 23. November 2008, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Lou B ]

--------------------
Lou B
 -

Posts: 2200 | From Mount Hope, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement