LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » What's in your screen name??? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: What's in your screen name???
AmICrazy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmICrazy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was easy to pick. As I won't have a clinical diagosis for another couple of weeks yet, I'm still wondering, "Am I crazy?"
Posts: 106 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are tooooo!!!funny. Mine is easy it is my black labs name. I wanted Nanalyme,but I had a hard enough time figuring out how to post so I stuck with Cassie. She is a sweetheart, but I wanted to show off that I have a 9 month old grandson who is the light of my life. Bye for now
Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are sooooo!!!!! FUNNY.
My black lab is named Cassie,she's a sweetheart. I wanted to be called Nanalyme,but I had a hard enough time registering under Cassie, my fault. I wanted to show off that I have a nine month old grandson,who is the light of my life and keeps me going.

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry about the double post as you can tell i am new kid on the block.(he-he)
Sodbuster
Member # 2180

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sodbuster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hay everyone,
My screen name was my CB handle way back
when i was growing up in New Mexico, given
to me by an old friend who went by Little Hawk. I've always been riding and roping and
kicking up dust and dirt on horseback so she
decided to call me Sodbuster. I still live up
to my old handle......

Posts: 26 | From Piedmont, Ohio USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
milkmade
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a dairy producer............and I make milk........hence the name MILKMADE!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green Darkness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green Darkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is a book title ; book was purchased at a yard sale; has not been read yet. I felt the green stood for lyme green and the darkness is how one feels when they need to find out what's wrong. Even after they do find out they are still in the dark,if you get my drift--a lot of ducks out there--I run into them all.
Posts: 560 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dayle Ann
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1657

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Dayle Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, sigh. I really wanted to come up with a cool penname, but the day I signed on, I was in total brainfog, and I just REALLY wanted to sign on. I sat here so long thinking, my computer disconnected. So I ended up just putting down my real name.

The only other things I could think of are what I am usually called from day to day: Ma, Grammy, Sis, DA. Somehow just not quite right. And there is no way I'm going to reveal any of the ten thousand nicknames I've accummulatd over the years!

Love seeing others fun names and the meanings behind them. What a fun thread!

Dayle Ann (aka DA)

Posts: 441 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oreo
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oreo - My daughter's bunny's name - I was looking at him when I needed a name-presto!
Reno
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2019

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Reno     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Newbies!
Posts: 276 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryMi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryMi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 26. January 2007, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: MaryMi ]

Posts: 587 | From usa | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reno
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2019

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Reno     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Luv Ya', Mare!
Tomorrow's the B-I-G Day...My Grandpa's appt. w/Doc S. & Whittaker's test...Hopefully, no more SUPRISE! ice storms!
Hugs~Reno

Posts: 276 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dysfun2
Member # 2201

Icon 7 posted      Profile for dysfun2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was filling out the paperwork at my ISP and the guy asked me what I wanted for a log on name. I was busy filling out the paperwork and I guess I didn't answer him fast enough, he said 'Most people use their family name'. I said "My family is dysfunctional". I've been dysfun ever since.
Posts: 7 | From Decatur IL | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, Sprockets....here's your place to shine!!!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baxter
Member # 2209

Icon 6 posted      Profile for baxter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is pretty simple- my Lab's name- also my email address, so I thought I would KISS-(keep it simple stupid)- remembering is not my strong point these days
Posts: 86 | From PA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caryn
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 366

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Caryn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thought i posted to this a long time ago, but i'm not here. well i'm usually not all here, so why is this a suprise?

Caryn is just an abbreviation of my full name carolyn. called carrie for short when i was a child. i answer to every variation of my name. my mom called me lynda. major lyme brain and wasn't feeling very creative when i came up with it.

my other email address is bearkitten60. needed a yahoo account to get emails from the P.O.L.K. website. bear was short for panda bear, my hymilain (i can't spell anymore!) cat's name. kitten because we were going to get a kitten. all easy to remember stuff. but to my suprise, someone had already snagged bearkitten, so i had to add the year of my birth.

Posts: 1093 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2204

Icon 10 posted      Profile for terter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This IS fun! IT doesn't take too much to thrill us does it!

terter is my sister's childhood nickname for me, Terry. She still calls me it with affection when I need it...or just ter.

Posts: 774 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momtoeight
Member # 2215

Icon 12 posted      Profile for momtoeight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Good topic

[This message has been edited by momtoeight (edited 12 April 2002).]

Posts: 2344 | From middle of nowhere | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kate77
Member # 1898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kate77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I was born in 77--but it is when I graduated from Duke and got married! Makes me an old lymer!
Posts: 51 | From Houston TX US | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT GREAT FUN READING ABOUT EVERYONE !!! MY
REAL NAME IS LAURIE.

AS LITTLE KIDS WE HAD A CLUB (MARGIE, LAURIE AND DARLENE), WE NICKNAMED EACH OTHER
"MO" "LO" AND "DO". WE STILL (45 YEARS LATER) CALL EACH OTHER THOSE NAMES.

LO IS IN AUBURN, CALIF. (ME)
MO IS IN SEATTLE, WASH.
DO IN BUFFALO, MINN.

WE GET TOGETHER ONCE A YEAR FOR OUR CLUB MEETINGS !!

Posts: 187 | From Sacramento, California | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
darlakeene
Member # 2233

Icon 10 posted      Profile for darlakeene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I always liked the name Darla and Keene is an old friend of mine's last name. Mine is rather different. And Russian :-)

Darla kinda goes with me, I think.

Posts: 16 | From Chicago, IL USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cute story, LO!!!
Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dayle Ann
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dayle Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, after all of this, I was talking to my neice on the phone. She is 21 now, and about 2 years she was in an auto accident that almost killed her and left her with closed head brain injuries. Though she is getting better, it is likely that she will never fully recover, and her life will be much different than it might have been. Yet, she has never lost her lively spirit. I just love talking to her.

Of course, with my own version of brain fog, I started to say something to her and got it all turned around and garbled, and I said that sometimes I felt like I had "cheese for brains". She laughed so hard at that and said she was going to steal it from me.

Ever since, I've been adding it after my name when I post (when I remember!). It just makes me smile every time when I think of the joy it brought my neice when I said that about myself! Maybe someday I'll make it my official screen name.

Dayle Ann (cheeseforbrains)

Posts: 441 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yeah, but do you really want us to call you CHEESE for short???! I got a chuckle out of it too....fits me to a T!!
sladybug
Member # 2187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sladybug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posted to this a long time ago too!!!I'm an old lymie who has come back missing everyone!When I was extrememly sick and down with Lyme the first few months I was sitting on my bathroom floor. I could hardly walk at the time and would stay there feeling so sick. I looked up and saw two ladybugs on the wall. I couldn't figure out how they got in because the window was one of those sealed windows. They made my day and for once got my mind off the herxing. The name stuck.S is for my first name- Sheryl.
Posts: 67 | From Torrrington, Ct USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
URsodeer2me
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2258

Icon 12 posted      Profile for URsodeer2me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
URsodeer2me is in reference to a certain buck I hold dear in my heart.
Posts: 167 | From Sunny side of the street | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sladybug
Member # 2187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sladybug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha-ha ! I knew there was a reason why I stopped back here. Thanks for the laugh "deer". Sladybug
Posts: 67 | From Torrrington, Ct USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

to the top for all the newbies!
danq
Member # 2126

Icon 7 posted      Profile for danq   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just want to respond to this post by saying, to everyone:
danQ very much! You're such a great and supportive group!

Posts: 2420 | From Davis, California | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lasarsmom
Member # 2232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lasarsmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
las is my daughter's initials, ars is my son's initials, and of course, I am their mom.
Posts: 22 | From Alabama | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's in your screen name???

Mine??? Five letters are in my screen name!
HAHAHAHA! I know--it is pathetic, but I could not resist!

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starphoenix
Member # 2402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starphoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was a child, I was severely abused in a crime ring. (My father and other paternal relatives were involved.) Years later, I began a long and arduous healing journey. I think of my true self, my hearty spirit, as the Phoenix, rising from the ashes. I have had negative associations with stars due to an abusive experience. I decided to reclaim "Star," as I think stars are beautiful. I put them together for Starphoenix. To me, this is who I am, really. Steph
Posts: 1318 | From Shohola, PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daphne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2340

Icon 14 posted      Profile for daphne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is so cool! daphne is my best friend. she moved right when i got my diagnosis, and it has been very hard on us both, so i use her name, and each time i use it, it makes me feel like she is here dealing w/ this w/ me. i know corny.
Posts: 232 | From ft. worth, texas, | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LLLucille
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1443

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LLLucille     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starphoenix, I say Good for YOU!! I am encouraged by your explanation of your name.

Now as for mine, it just occurred to me that now I have an explanation for those two extra L's at the front of my name...it's because I'm lyme literate!!

My name is not Lucy, however, I do have red hair and I've been known to be quite crazy and I like Lucille Ball, so there you have it!

Not too exciting, is it?

Posts: 438 | From SE Michigan | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
comunsens
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for comunsens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha great question : the writer in me says:
comunsens was a group i had a few years ago of artists working on antiviolence issues. comunsens is phonetic for common sense, which does not mean, like we usually think of it as "right logic" or something like that, but communal sense - that is, things only make true sense in community when everyone's voice has been heard.(like this posting board!)it also means (because i'm french-english bilingual and live bilingually) in french: comme un sens, which is like "dans un sens ou comme un autre" - kind of like, either this way, or that way, it's all good! kind of thing....and i like signing my letters to ducks: comunsensically yours,
c.

Posts: 246 | From montreal, & a west coast island | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chadster
Member # 2460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chadster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it all started in the 1970. My mom and dad decided they would like another child.
The went to breakfast one morning and talked about it some more. That night my mother had a head ache so nothing happened.(dad was mad)
Well the next day, my mother again had a head ache. (dad was mad once more). Well four years had passed and my mother was feeling a little freaky so the finally got it on. (dad was glad). Well 9 months down the road, out pops me. They talked about it for a while and decided on the perfect name.
A name that would cry out to the world "I am the greatest thing to ever walk this earth"
That name was Chad.
Well after finding this site, I knew it would be a must to create the most original name here. (you know, because I am the greatest thing to ever walk this planet)
Well, after many days I finaly
got it!! I was so excited I woke my wife up to present my new found name. When I told her, her eyes filled with tears from the shear beauty of it.
That name my friends is *Chadster*. Please, I know. Its just the best.

Posts: 30 | From Richmond, Va | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
denny
Member # 2339

Icon 6 posted      Profile for denny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use to use fitness, because I use to be fit. I decide to us Denny because my ex mother -in-law use to call me that and she was the mother I always wanted and I was the daughter she never had she was murdered in 1985. Don't mean to sound like a downer it is actually a positive step for me to use this nickmane. from Denise
Posts: 11 | From cotati, CA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NHhasLyme
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NHhasLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Hampshire has Lyme Disease.
Posts: 8 | From NH | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beccaman
Member # 1558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beccaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a kennel of Champion show dogs. Many years ago, when I first began breeding, I needed my own kennel name for registering with AKC and showing the dogs. I blended both my daughters names together. Rebecca (always known as Becci) and Amanda (never had nickman).....soo Beccaman for Beccaman Lhasa Apsos. Just a note here, when I first got dx with Lyme, I would read on this site and then it would be days and weeks before I could get back on and catch-up. I used to marvel at all the time you people spent here. Well my Dr put her foot down and said,...we just can't get you better unless you de-stress and stay home and rest. So here I am catching up with some of this stuff you have been playing!

------------------
marcia

Posts: 75 | From Pascoag , R.I. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

to the top for newbies and others who missed this
barbrann5
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2435

Icon 10 posted      Profile for barbrann5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, this is fun;

I used to work as a business manager at a large Ford dealership. One of the salesman was a young man from Pakistan. His name is Asher.

My name is Barbara Ann, but I've never used the middle name Ann, just went by my first name, Barbara. He was tickled when he heard my name was Barbara Ann, because of the Beach Boys song.

He started calling me BarbRANN, emphasizing the second syllable and pronouncing it as one word. Before long, EVERONE at the dealership called me that. The 5 is for the 5 in my family, me, hubby, three kids.

------------------

Barbara

Posts: 172 | From North Fork, LI, NY | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogguy
Unregistered

this is fun! my name is dave and i've been a dog trainer for 20 years(as a sideline) but was always something i enjoyed more than "real" work! a friend of mine gave me the nickname dave the dogguy because he has a cousin named dave and his business parter is also named dave. every time he would tell his wife something that dave said she would naturally ask him, "which one"? so he came up with catfish dave, his cousin who he goes fishing with, partner dave, for his business partner, and dave the dogguy for me. makes for alot less confusion on his part!
dave

norin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 52378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
norin = eleaNOR bergIN
Posts: 487 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kira
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were supposed to use a pen name???

Ooops! I was lucky to just find this site and that I even figured out how to log on in my lyme brained state...First time "talking" on the computer for me too!

So I just used my real name...got nothing to hide, and it's unique enough that there don't seem to be any duplication probs...

But is it too late to come up with a COOL name??? Feel like I missed the boat...BUMMER!!
Kira

Posts: 802 | From Chicago suburbs, Illinois | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tomwisefoole
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tomwisefoole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh,what a great posting topic !! such fun to see everybodys listings,and stories.
i kind of stumbled onto this name,sometimes i think i'm kinda smart, and learning alot, and then i realize how little i really know and ,so while i try to make sense out of life and pursue wisdom, i also see how easy it is to be foolish. i studied tarot a little and i kind of liked the 'foole' card ; the court jester, it suits my personality .and then, my first name, is ...ummm.....tom.

[This message has been edited by tomwisefoole (edited 24 July 2002).]

Posts: 205 | From california | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mercy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mercy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk about Lymebrains. I could have sworn I had posted to this one awhile ago but apparently I haven't. Anyways here goes...
When I was younger I tended to look at everything through "rose colored glasses" and many of those around me called me Pollyanna. I could always find something good in someone or some situation. Well as I got older this didn't change except that people would say to me "How can you be so Merciful?" Or "Aren't you the one full of Mercy?" in a sarcastic way. I just like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, that's my way. So rather than a long name to type out, I chose the shortest one, that being Mercy and it just seemed to fit once I had decided on it.

------------------
Love is contagious, Let's start an epidemic!
Mercy

Posts: 181 | From Martinsburg, West Virginia | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kathy klopfer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kathy klopfer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Blonde and have lyme thats my excuse for using my real name.I did'nt realize till after I did it.I would of used (Real Lymie) because I'm English or Mary Poppins if i could change it.
Posts: 821 | From nashville tn usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First name begins with G, last name begins with P. With my lyme brain I can remember that.

GP

Posts: 105 | From Rolla, Missouri, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyme n Bean
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 139

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lyme n Bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was the king of advanced neuro lyme. Now I'm just a regular guy, with lots of very bad memories... and loving it. Good Health JP
Posts: 123 | From Swainton, NJ USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Houston Lyme Pie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Houston Lyme Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a hoot of a post this is!

Of course, mine is too obvious-

"When life hands you lymes, make key lyme pie!"

And I thought adding my location would help me find out if there are any other Texas Lymies. Whooee! There sure 'nuff are, and a more helpful bunch you couldn't find anywhere!

But y'know when I started, I thought Texas was "Not At Risk". Well, we were all a whole bunch more naive on the day we picked out our screen names, weren't we??

Posts: 424 | From Houston TX | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troutman107
Member # 2846

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Troutman107     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm new to lymenet and think it is great.
It is very informative and the people here are great. I love to trout fish . Their is nothing more relaxing then being on a trout stream.I am also a police officer in the town I live, and my badge # is 107. Keep up the good work.

Posts: 2 | From Sayreville,N.J. USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spaceygracey
Unregistered

My name is Grace and I've had Lyme most of my life and have 6 kids...thus the Spacey part...
quote:
Originally posted by Chazmyn:
Mine's a nickname I like better than my real name.

I like ALL your names! Gaeltick especially.

And, of course, I'm a big FAN of the fast one!

Love,
Chaz

notaheller
Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notaheller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My last name is Heller. If you look it up in the dictionary it will tell you what a heller is - a hellion or hellraiser -which I am not (anymore). I am, in fact, a born again Christian. It also works in another way- Heller is my married name. However, I coined notaheller when my marriage was very shakey- humorous at the time to everyone except my husband!
Posts: 9 | From Bangor, PA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green Darkness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green Darkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is a book title of a cheap yard sale item that I bought. It was my name in a chat room because I am a librarian and it was sitting near my computer and I looked over and a bell went off in my normal(at that time) head; now it fits because of lyme . I am in the dark and the green fits with the lyme (lime) I have. So does the dog.
Cool or what?

Posts: 560 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pgm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2348

Icon 10 posted      Profile for pgm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have enjoyed reading these stories. Thanks Lymetoo! I first signed up using ranpam (husband Randy, me Pam)but I had put a filter on my other e-mail and never got my password, so when I signed up again with my other e-mail address, I couldn't use ranpam because someone else had it! Duh!! So I was frustrated and just put pgm (my initals). I tried to come up with something they mean but momtoeight let me know quickly that one of them didn't sound too cool!! I was jealous about all the cute little graphics and DanQ made one for me and I chose Lyme Buddy because I feel I have a lot of new buddies due to lyme!! That's the best thing I can say about lyme! Thank you all for your support and laughs. This is a wonderful place to visit!! Let's keep it that way!!

------------------

Lyme Buddy

Posts: 287 | From Fairfield Bay, AR USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scrumptious
Unregistered

Icon 12 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My screen name is scrumptious because (Hahaha)... uh this will definately have you going O.o or maybe even >.< ...

Well, you see a group of my friends used to chew on my hair and like lick my skin all the time (odd I know). My very first boyfriend was like we need to think of a name for her other than tasty or sweet. So one time we were all eating gold fish crackers and on the box it says something about scrumptious and he stood up and screamed, "That's it, She's scrumptious!"

It just sorta stuck since then.

------------------
"May angels lead you in..."

Excessive adoration,
Amber

"I crave to submit my contribution. Pondering how to start the revolution. All that seems to come to mind is to hit the word with a song of mine." - me

Contact me
E-mail: [email protected]
AOL-AIM: unp0lluted, ampLification, and sweet s0und
URL: http://www.Amber.IsSweet.com

pgm
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2348

Icon 10 posted      Profile for pgm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Scrumptious,
That is some story (they chew on your hair and lick you). You may just take the cake (win the prize) with that story. I have a feeling you are going to give us lots of laughs around here.

------------------

Lyme Buddy

Posts: 287 | From Fairfield Bay, AR USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 52378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The chewing on my hair I can definitely live without, but the licking part doesn't sound too bad...Licking is nice. Licking...sounds pretty good, actually...

[This message has been edited by norin (edited 30 July 2002).]

Posts: 487 | From Texas | Registered: Jun 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

to the top!
Shoregirl
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I live on the Eastern shore .I love going to the ocean and walking along the beach or soaking up the sun.

I love the responses!!! Cindy

------------------

linus922
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linus922     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linus for my favorite cat (his Highness Linus) and 922 for my birthday. I had to pick something I had a chance of remembering!
Posts: 127 | From East Greenwich, RI USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tunes
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2946

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Tunes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are great!

Tunes is my childhood nickname from my last name... Antunes.

This is fun. Have a great day everyone!

Posts: 183 | From wheaton, il | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helen65
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2962

Icon 6 posted      Profile for helen65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Well i was having one of those days when i joined the group SSOOO helen is my name and 65 is the year i was born

Iknow boring, i could'nt think of any thing clever...

Posts: 145 | From Grant,MI,USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marcia68
Member # 2989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marcia68     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm one of those boring ones....
marcia is my name and 68 is the birth year..lots of great things happening in '68..woodstock, for one...

------------------
TOGETHER WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!!..
MARCIA

Posts: 30 | From new york USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bones
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2871

Icon 6 posted      Profile for bones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was at work, my friend gave me the name, joan bones. It is kind of weird as we both have the same initials and the same birthday date, different years, so I dropped the first name and just use bones. love from the bones.!!!!
Posts: 118 | From Weaverville, California USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey, bones....I swear to you I know someone named Joan Bone!
FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FancyRatFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I wrote way too much on my first post so let me simplify it.

I love rats! They are great pets, alot like having a dog. Affection, excitment to see you and come when you call them.

Fancy rats are the domestic ones. Try one they are great and don't smell like other rodents unless of course you don't clean their cage.

D'Ann

[This message has been edited by FancyRatFan (edited 27 September 2002).]

Posts: 258 | From San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Stella, that's my name, don't wear it out!"

I could have been more creative.....but really wanted to connect with people on here and thought using my real name would be STEP #1.

Stay Cool!

Posts: 712 | From Ottawa, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Azure is a particular hue of blue.
for me blues represented a state where my being could just breathe.....no noise and no silence that deafend.it was the elated calm side of me. i ve always felt i run red and blue. red is not a happy place.red me doesnt make the best company. anyway it was at a time when i was just wishing for the blue.
by the way im an artist (well i dont really do art now stupid disease tore my life away).

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artee3
Unregistered

My email address is [email protected] = robbie for me, t = tim my husband plus 3 teenage girls....so I modified it a little and that's how I got artee3............................... : - )
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never been on a message board or chat before, so I didn't think to make a user name.... been Mo since I was a baby, short for Maureen, which my folks changed my name to (from Jeanette) on account of the red peachfuzz on my head.

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Member # 3121

Icon 6 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty self explainitory on mine. If it's a trout. I'll find it.
Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilovetheusers
Member # 3138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovetheusers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since I plan to be a regular (at least for now), here goes.

I was posting on another BBS and needed a name. I worked helpdesk at the time and had this big poster above my desk that I made that read "I LOVE THE USERS!" Love replaced by a heart like the I love NY shirts.

As in:

Posts: 12 | From philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trout Scout...

What do you use for bait??

curiously,

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

up for the newbies!
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement