LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » What's in your screen name??? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: What's in your screen name???
lookin4answers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4974

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lookin4answers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I think mine is totally obvious, but just to humor you lymetoo.....

This is what I was looking for when I signed on that day. I had no idea that my 2 girls and I had lyme. No idea.

Posts: 688 | From SW Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laczitag
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 90

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laczitag     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is the Name of my departed dog.... Hungarian for Loszlo...She brought the tick into my bed in 1999. She died in 2003, but I kept her name. She was a Bernese Mt. Dog; beautiful and Perfect!
Laczi

Posts: 121 | From Sarasota, FL | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuZ-Q
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuZ-Q     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine comes from the nick name my dad gave me as a small child. He still calls me some form of Suzy, Suzy-Q or Sooz, but my real name is not reflected in there at all. I don't know how he chose it. The bad thing is my mother-in-law's name is Sue, so whenever someone calls her Suzy, I always authomatically respond(gotten a lot of strange looks over the years).
Posts: 260 | From Virginia | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AAmeri21
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AAmeri21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm...im definetly very boring its my name and I was 21 (last year when I signed up)

Im wasn't creative at all....

------------------
You can only see the stars when its the darkest.................

Aol instant messenger name: Lymie711
come chat...learn how http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/026909.html

Posts: 149 | From New City, NY USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larkspur
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larkspur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The house I grew up in was on Larkspur Lane!
Posts: 921 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slcd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slcd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not original at all . . . my initials . . . Sheri Lynn Chiosie Duncan (Chiosie was my maiden name).
Posts: 415 | From Canton, GA United States | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biting Back
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biting Back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SIck as hell, but not taking this lying down. I'd like to bite every doctor that saw me over the past 20 years. Wouldn't really do it because they'd die trying to diagnose themselves.
Posts: 703 | From Almost Heaven | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green Darkness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green Darkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was a librarian in my healthier yrs. Green Darkness is a book I never read; picked it up at a yard sale. Seems appopriate for the green lyme and the darkness that seems to surround me now that I've dealt with all these lousy symptoms for over three yrs.
Posts: 560 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryteEyez24
Member # 4828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BryteEyez24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my name is the first name I ever had online. I was a teenager and couldnt think of a good name. I have bright blue eyes so im BryteEyez. and i am also 24..

Joyce

Posts: 90 | From Haverhill,MA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aklnwlf=Alaska Lone Wolf

What a great time I had reading about everyone's name.

Mine is my email name which I use surfing the web to keep things simple.

Lived in Alaska until Lyme came into my life and hope to return.

Had the great priviledge of seeing wolves in the wild traveling toward Denali (McKinley).

Struck by their grace and beauty. Hence the name.

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Softballmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is interesting. I really liked AmIcrazy! Mine sounds self explanitory but actually not. I head up the fast pitch softball program in our district. I train year round. This year I have 44 girls age raging from 7 to 15. 3 teams. I have 4 assistants that help on the days that I am unable to make it. I coach the 13 to 15 year old team and assist on the 8 to 10 and 11 & 12. I Pitch train ages 5 to 7. I do all of this on a volunteer basis. Due to my health I am unable to play so this is how I stay in softball. Don't won't to give it up. I allso love the girls. We came in second in the leauge last year. Hope to be #1 this year.
Posts: 1331 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pkgrep
Member # 6260

Icon 6 posted      Profile for pkgrep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so much fun!

My turn,

Not very original but I am a packaging consultant - my husband is - pkgguy, so I became

Pkgrep

PS. I pretty much use the same name everywhere because I can't remember if I make changes.

Happy day,
Lenora

Posts: 33 | From Illinois | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet_basil_wild_thing
Member # 6206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet_basil_wild_thing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well my favorite herb (and luncheon restaurant) is Sweet Basil.

For decades I have told folks to "be wild" (meaning get the most out of life--think outside the box--push a few limits--dance on tables when the opportunity arrives, etc.)

So now that I have lyme disease, I long for being a wild thing again and even on bad days, I strive to stay wild.....

so be wild all, celebrate life and hug, cuddle and snuggle the ones you love
cc

Posts: 16 | From Holly Springs, NC, USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notime2work
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notime2work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great thread!

I have used this screen name for awhile. I always have so many irons in the fire that I have no time to work. (Even though I have to).

Posts: 142 | From Flyover Country | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Biting Back:
I'd like to bite every doctor that saw me over the past 20 years. Wouldn't really do it because they'd die trying to diagnose themselves.

Yep, they sure would, wouldn't they?!

Lookin4answers....thanks for humoring me!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krazykt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krazykt1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My diagnosis for years from all the "medical experts" I finally cried Uncle and decided if I'm not, I sure should be by now.
Posts: 740 | From BC Canada | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up for all the newbies!
Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkeyshines
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeyshines     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hee. I hadn't seen this post before. These are great.

When I was thinking up a screen name, my eyes lit upon the sock monkey sitting in my office. He's wearing a sort of vintage gold 'chain mail' dickey as a poncho

And I remembered my grandmother saying when we were sassy kids "no more of your monkeyshines!"

Hadn't thought of it in years!

Posts: 343 | From Northern VA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
auntdeen
Member # 2986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for auntdeen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I daycared for one of my nieces from when she was 8 months old to age 4....she couldn't say "Doreen" when she started talking so I became "auntdeen". Needed a screen name for eBay at that time so it was a natural. I use it for almost everything online, unless I'm in the mood to explain LegoLady, the only other nickname I've ever had (from the First Lego League teams/club that I've run).
Posts: 13 | From Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeinME
Member # 6849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeinME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mines pretty easy. Lyme is in me! and Lyme is in Maine. I'm surprised I came up with that my brain was pretty soupy at the time

Posts: 55 | From Maine | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2bostons
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2bostons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone

I have two boston terriers..a female named Hannah and a male named Louie..I love my dogs so I picked the name 2bostons..they were incredible when my herxes were really bad..they never left my side..slept with me all day..when I cried they got so upset ..I agree with Maddog..dogs are great

Posts: 125 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymied
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymied     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme, babesia and ehrlichia had me feeling pretty stuck for the last year...literally life as I had known it ended in May 2004 - so I decided to pick a name which conveyed this - word play on stymied...sty�mie also sty�my ( P ) Pronunciation Key (stm)
tr.v. sty�mied, (-md) sty�mie�ing, also sty�my�ing (-m-ng) sty�mies (-mz)
To thwart; stump: a problem in thermodynamics that stymied half the class.

n.
An obstacle or obstruction.

------------------
-Gretchen W.
"If I can stop one/Heart from breaking/I shall not live in vain/If I can ease one Life the Aching/Or cool one Pain/Or help one fainting Robin/Unto his Nest again/I Shall not live in Vain." Emily Dickinson

Posts: 655 | From NC, Exit 88 on the Deer SuperHighway | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well.........I just don't like liver.

Dontlikeliver

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somalimom
Member # 4509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somalimom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I came up with my screen name, I had a wonderful Somali cat named Tromba, so I was a Somali's mom. I ended up getting a second Somali, but Tromba always had an extra-special place in my heart. He was my soul-mate kitty and the absolute best furry nurse anyone could ever hope to know.

My special kitty passed away in October 2004. Even though I'm still cat-mom to a Somali, the screen name is bittersweet now.

Here's a pic of my sweet Tromba:

[This message has been edited by Somalimom (edited 31 January 2005).]

Posts: 28 | From Texas, USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somalimom
Member # 4509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somalimom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I came up with my screen name, I had a wonderful Somali cat named Tromba, so I was a Somali's mom. I ended up getting a second Somali, but Tromba always had an extra-special place in my heart. He was my soul-mate kitty and the absolute best furry nurse anyone could ever hope to know.

My special kitty passed away in October 2004. Even though I'm still cat-mom to a Somali, the screen name is bittersweet now.

Here's a pic of my sweet Tromba:

Posts: 28 | From Texas, USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hikin Mike
Member # 6508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hikin Mike   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine should be pretty obvious as well.

...of course the hiking part was before Lyme.

------------------
-Mike

Posts: 96 | From Atwater, Ca | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My real initials are DR.

I am sometimes wise beyond my years...and sometimes I behave like an a$$...(not unlike many docs I've encountered over the years!)

------------------
DR. Wiseass - not a real doc - just a real wise ass.
www.twistoflyme.blogspot.com

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Heather. Kiss is cute and innocent. I know.... corny!
Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luckyLD900
Member # 6579

Icon 3 posted      Profile for luckyLD900     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed in September (9) of 2000 (00). I think I was lucky, not to get lymes, but to be diagnosed right away. It was only about 2 or 3 days after I got really sick that the doctor at my walkin clinic said he wanted to test for lymes. I thought he was crazy at first. Then we found the rash. So be it.

Thus, luckyLD900

Posts: 5 | From Southern Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kait
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My full name is Kaitlynn so I just used Kait. My signature is young n infected, I am 20 and I am infected with Lyme.

------------------
Young N Infected

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire101
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphire101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sapphire is my real name.(just kidding) And no, I'm not 101 years old.

Actually, I was needing a screen name a few years ago and couldn't think of anything so I looked on my hand and hubby had just bought me a diamond and sapphire ring. So that's where Sapphire came from. As for the 101, just plain Sapphire was taken and 101 was the first number that I put in that wasn't taken.

I need a life, I have just spent an hour reading this whole thread but enjoyed every minute of it.

Sapphire

Posts: 495 | From KY USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fairytale76
Member # 6823

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fairytale76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like any more posts are needed right! I've used Fairytale13 before and I like it. 13 is my birthday ( Was born on Fri 13th so watch out) and most days I wish I was living in a Fairytale instead of Lyme-world but hey we can't have it all! My signature is Hollywood because that's my nickname. My name is Holly and wood is a family name plus I do live in the woods far from CA!

------------------
Hollywood

Posts: 10 | From Jamestown TN | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I can't believe this thread is 3 yrs old! Seems like only yesterday....

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

lymiecanuck
Unregistered

I thought I did this before but cant' find it.

Lymiecanuck means canadian with lyme disease.

Lymiecanuck

mountainmoma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mountainmoma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you clarified that last one, cause with brain fog here above santa cruz, it sounds like something sexual. Lyme can WHAT??

The way most of us feel with lyme, It's generally lyme CANT ----. Cause we cant leave the house first of all...

Anyway, my name is pretty obvious. I live at the top of a mountain, 12 miles outside of santa cruz, with three lovely children, a dog, 2 cats, 8 chickens, 2 goats, and no other adults. Oh, and my spelling is pretty much gone, so I mispelled moma (or is it momma ?)

Posts: 222 | From Santa Cruz Mountains, CA USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveInMinnesota
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveInMinnesota     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My parents live in Arizona and travel a lot but like to send e-mails from wherever they are. They were always having trouble remembering my e-mail address so I got a new one on Yahoo and sent them a card that said "just remember your son 'Steve In Minnesota'" - They have never forgotten it since.
Posts: 133 | From Rocheser, MN, USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

up
trailsgrl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trailsgrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is mistaken for hiking trails. I was once in an awkward position of having to say my name when I didnt want to and saw a backpack that was made by TRAILS END. I told them that people just call me "trails." Now I use it for incognito times like the internet. I registered here as plain Trails in 2000, but I can't remember my password so I had to change it a bit.

Any oldies remember these names: APTOS, MAE, MA? They used to post lots back then.

PS:I do so like to hike but only in the desert where there are no ticks with LYME!

Posts: 196 | From Mesilla, NM USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rainbow
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rainbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was at my sickest (before abx) and I had to send my 18 year old cat to "kitty heaven". (For you animal lovers, she was a furry soul mate)

The next day I saw THREE, HUGE, RAINBOWS in the sky. I thought it was her sign to me that she made it over the RAINBOW BRIDGE.

"RAINBOW BRIDGE"

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that

has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.There are

meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine, and our friends are warm and

comfortable. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and

vigor, those who were hurt or maimed are made whole aand strong again, just as we

remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and

content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them who had

to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one

suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent, his eager body

begins quivering. Suddenly, he begins to run from the group, his legs carrying him

faster and faster. You have been spotted, amd when you and your friend finally meet,

you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain

upon your face, your hands again caress the beloved head, and your look once more

into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long from your life but never absent from your

heart.

(i'm a sucker for the Rainbow Bridge theory)

Posts: 108 | From CA usa | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biting Back
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biting Back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Decided I wasn't going to take this lying down or let the LD issue fade away for others. Guess my screen name is pretty obvious.
Posts: 703 | From Almost Heaven | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salydega
Member # 7309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for salydega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my nick is not very original, but it works. No my name is not sally.

My name is Sandra Lynne De Garcia which is a long name so I took the first 2 letters from each part of my name and it actually spelled something that sounded like a name.

Ive been using it for a few years now.

It was really funny to read this thread and see how everyone comes up with their names.

Posts: 73 | From phoenix, az | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perplexed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for perplexed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I chose perplexed because the whole subject matter of Lyme disease is confusing, baffling, puzzling and darn right mayhem in my mind and body.

Jean

Posts: 324 | From Lexington, KY, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonhead
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6267

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lemonhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was fun. Would like to meet the person from Houston. There arent very many Lymies in the Corpus Christi area.
Rainbow, its kinda funny but i have had a conversation about rainbow bridge 3 times in the last two days.
Anyway, Lemonhead. As i first signed on, i was feeling pretty sour and kinda pithy so lemonhead fit. Now the whole family calls me lemonhead.
I thought about changing to Pointless2, cause my sisters and i sing and call ourselves the Pointless Sisters. I am the middle girl. Pointless2 would work cause with lyme much of the time you are pointless. But for now Lemonhead will stick cause it is 4:40 in the morning and cant figure out how to change the username.
Lemonhead

------------------

Posts: 156 | From Corpus Christi, Texas USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no2lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for no2lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am amazed I focused long enough to read this thread but enjoyed it the whole time.

Mine is pretty self explanatory, it is my email and my license plate. I just want to say NOOOOOOO!!!!

If I did the names of pets - it would be two Jack Russell's, two horses, two cats and one fish. Maybe just Noah's ark.

Posts: 152 | From On Horseback | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

up for more fun!
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
up for more fun!  -

[bonk] [bonk] [bonk] [woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet pea
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first initial is P. My S.O. calls me Sweet P.
Posts: 449 | From Vermont | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My screen name is my middle name........

plain and simple sorry so normal....lol

[kiss] daniella

--------------------
~Things may happen in my life time to change who I am but I refuse to let them reduce me...~

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey tree! How'd you find it? I actually "found it" but it wouldn't come up so I could open it! Very strange!

Thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this idea, Lymetoo, because as someone new, I've found myself imagining people as I read their posts.

In almost every case of generic kinds of names, I have ultimately ended up thinking the member was a different sex. Too funny... [Roll Eyes]

My name's obvious. It's not my "real" name but it's a nickname even my friends use.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 12 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because I got so tired of hearing, "There's no Lyme in California!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiles132002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiles132002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um well orginally i signed on with my name Lindsay but then I figured out how to change my name so it's smiles-because I am always smiling-especially when i'm drunk-hehe-13 is the day i was born and 2002 the year i graduated high school. I use this screen name for everything

-Lindsay

Posts: 484 | From Burlingame, Ca | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just boring initials...not as creative as you all
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squeegee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squeegee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Squeegee is my rose breasted cockatoo's name. She also calls me that when she wants my attention. So I'm also Squeegee (or Squeegeetoo, which I use in my email addresses).
Posts: 105 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

up....heehee...those are good ones! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 2 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo]

--------------------
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

up

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

JavaBeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JavaBeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread!

Mine to those that know me makes more sense than I care to claim. [Smile] Before my lyme days, I worked in law enforcement (game officer, police officer) and my lifeblood was my ongoing coffee fix. (It didn't hurt that our county courthouse was between Starbucks, Seattle's Best and various latte vendors...You know what they do, the first one's free, THEN they gotcha! [lick] ) I was easy prey from the start.

When asked on medical exams for blood type...our nurse would joke " I know, dark roasted..." So, I 've since been labled as half human being and half coffee bean...(Been told the Betty Ford Clinic has a special program for folks like me...but as soon as someone brings in the Krispi Kremes, the group loses focus and heads to the nearest espresso stand and then it's all downhill from there....)

So, unfortunately...I've had to "curb" my habit since the lyme, but know don't know if I'm herxing or having caffeine withdrawals... [dizzy]

But don't worry about me...I've found new uses for those "drip" style coffee makers...just combined it with my PICC line and the world is now a better place.

Health and healing,
JavaBeing

Posts: 208 | From Portland, OR USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mulelover31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6266

Icon 14 posted      Profile for mulelover31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is sooooooooooooooo fun! Tu you are so great for making us laugh! Thanks so much!

Mine is not hard to figure either. I just love mules and have been trying to find a gaited one to buy without breaking the bank. Anyway 31 is my BD date so mulelover31. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 124 | From Mound City MO USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coach
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a wrestling coach for 10 years. I had to give it up when my voice became slurred due to lyme. [Frown]
Posts: 146 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Java... [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
luvs2ride (horses)

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Kelly. Here in Arizona, we had a long running (36 years) daily kids show with the original guys...Wallace and LADMO. The most prized possession in Arizona is to go on the show and receive your Ladmo Bag filled with sponsors stuff.

Well, it took me 30 years to finally win one. Ladmo called me Kelmo because I ended up being on the show five times that year. The show went off the air a few days after we were on. Ladmo passed away a few years after that. For anyone who grew up in Arizona, those were dark days.

Steven Spielberg grew up on the show and used to show his little films when he was a young teen. Alice Cooper is an avid fan, as is Stevie Nicks. It was more than a kids show, it was a Saturday Night Live for kids.

Anyway...I'm a big fan..hence the name Kelmo.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool story, kelmo and WELCOME! Congratulations on bringing up this thread. Several tried and failed, so you get the gold star to go along with your other TV show "cool stuff!" [woohoo]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
upy

--------------------

Newbie Links

Carol B
Unregistered

OKAY-so my parents were expecting their first child and she was to be born around Christmas time-hence the name Carol.

HOWEVER, there first child turned out to be a boy and he was born in January-hence the name Ron.

WHEN their second child was born and she was a she they just stuck to the name Carol even though she was born in August.

IRONICALLY, when Carol grew up and was expecting HER second child the baby was due on Christmas Day-which was actually a relief because Carol(that's me) did not want to be in the hospital on Christmas day and babies NEVER come on their due date-so I thought I was safe.

BUT as Christmas Day got closer and closer and I got more and more worried about delivering on Christmas Day I asked the midwife if the ole Casteroil (sp)remedy would work by kicking me into labor early so I could be home by Christmas.

She said give it a try-works 50% of the time. A week before Christmas I got up early on a Saturday morn and drank an entire bottle of Casteroil. By Saturday night I went to bed feeling like the world's biggest masochist because it had been the ****tiest day of my life!!!!!!

Christmas Eve I went into labor, and my darling baby girl, named Carolyn, was born on Christmas Day-just as God had planned because my father had died on Christmas day when I was just a wee lass.

Life/Death the world goes round and round .

So did that make an extraodinary story for an ordinary screen name ?-cause it's all true.

Blessed In Balto,
Carol

alliebridge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alliebridge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My nickname as a small child: Allie Bridge--from my full name Allison Bridget.
Posts: 366 | From MA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickitout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickitout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First you guys are so creative so mine is kind of stupid but here it goes...

dual meaning...tick it out...

first I was horrified by more tick bites and wanted them out of my body.

second...I just want a ticket out of this non ending horrific ride..please Mr. conductor stop the train and let me off. Is it the end of the line yet?

Want my life back!!

Posts: 139 | From nj | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

up

--------------------

Newbie Links

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes Dilly, because on many days Lyme makes me so different as a person that I don't recognize myself.

I named that unrecognizable person Dilly way before I knew I had lyme. On some days now I feel more of myself, so it is with optism I call myself (only)

sometimesdilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ma
Member # 10055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this thread! It's been fun reading through all of these!

My name is REAL original,(not) LOL!

I have five children, 4 teenage sons & 1 daughter.

And yup, we're Italian too...
[Smile]

Posts: 70 | From Central NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely earned this belt!

Five years of karate before 6 weeks of training and a 5 hour black belt test and that was the 40 and over people.

My daughter took her first degree and it was 9 hours long - almost no resting.

Second degree was more about maturity and discipline and time put in.

In our school - there's no 1 year black belt that so many in this country give out for the sake of making money.

Doing all of this with lyme disease was a very personal challenge for me. Many days I've been in class feeling like I can't do another kick but I kept going. Of course, nobody understands lyme except our friends on this board and my sweet husband.

The reward has been extra special for me and has kept me in good shape and eating properly (who wants to work out with a stomach ache [dizzy] )

And ~ that's my story,

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 6 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This hasn't been around in a while...

^up^

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisianthus
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisianthus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I don't I ever answered this one.... (I looked) [Big Grin]

Lisianthus is a bell shaped flower that grows in the south (not by me). I am a floral designer and it is one of my favorite flowers, so I have been using it as a screen name for many years.

Lisi

Heres a pic of what they look like

-

--------------------
yahoo 360 http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-UqSNGiA9crUMRW.lFNGN5Jk-?cq=1

Posts: 986 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well here goes:
first i was docdave130, cause im' a doc and a dave
then there was harriet , cause i'm not nice sometimes and got thrown off.
then lou found out and cancelled all my
names with my email address.
so stared another email address and don't
remember than call name.
then lou said no more, your banned for good
no way back on lyme net.

computer genius i am i used a ghost program that
hides my ip address to others, got right on.
been stymielymie for 1.5 years.

but i'm still good old docdave
i'm a bad boy, but i have been good since they got me in the straightjacket.
i type with a pencil and my mouth.

docdave [woohoo]

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement