LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  57  58  59   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just received this email update from the mother of the 22 year old who has been doing mHBOT for 9 months.

She has posted here before about her daughter...and will return to elaborate on her progress, but I wanted to share this in the interim:

"...Hi ******, I wanted you to know that ****** has been so good this whole week that we are both amazed. She said today that it felt like the Lyme is gone. Now we know this is probably not true but it's the best she has ever been. She is going out, swimming, running with friends, being active. She tries to be careful not to over do it but is doing well. ****** still takes naps and rests in between stuff like an older person but is doing so well. She came over this morning at 9 am to go to breakfast. We spent the whole day together shopping and watching a movie. She is now at a graduation ceremony. It's surreal for sure. I am taking her to Rocky Point with my sister and her kids on Tuesday for 4 nights. I'm so excited to have a real vacation with my daughter. It's like she is back. She doesn't have the manic episodes anymore either..."

In retrospect, I am very glad I did a video of her before she started mHBOT, because the difference is astounding...

Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCarlhelp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JCarlhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph, was her protocol daily 1 hour dives with oxygen.
Posts: 366 | From Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janej
Member # 43272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi JCarlhelp, Im the mother that wrote the original email to Phoiph. My daughter uses the chamber everyday with oxygen mask and concentrator for one hour. We really started to think the chamber just helped with her inflammation, increased her immune system and made her feel well for a little bit but after 9 months she has been good for over a week now. We saw forward and backward movement with the first month with severe herxing over this time period. She asked me last night when we were exercising if this is what normal feels like. It made my heart sore. After 8+ years of being sick it certainly reinforced my choice to buy the chamber. We were desperate for so long.
Posts: 12 | From Tucson | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janej
Member # 43272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi JCarlhelp, Im the mother that wrote the original email to Phoiph. My daughter uses the chamber everyday with oxygen mask and concentrator for one hour. We really started to think the chamber just helped with her inflammation, increased her immune system and made her feel well for a little bit but after 9 months she has been good for over a week now. We saw forward and backward movement with the first month with severe herxing over this time period. She asked me last night when we were exercising if this is what normal feels like. It made my heart sore. After 8+ years of being sick it certainly reinforced my choice to buy the chamber. We were desperate for so long.
Posts: 12 | From Tucson | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCarlhelp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JCarlhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is great news. We have had a chamber for quite some time but for various reasons are just beginning a true commitment.
Posts: 366 | From Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking4hope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janej, I'm so happy for your daughter....what an Amazing Story! I almost had tears in my eyes when you wrote "She asked me last night when we were exercising if this is what normal feels like"?

I continue to dive as well and have experienced similar to your daughter the "Forward And Backward Movement" of this modality. With that being said I would have to say for me personally it's been "80% Moving Forward And 20% Moving Backwards".

I plan on using my concentrator in conjunction with the chamber after revisiting some of the benefits associated with 02 and the chamber. For those of you who are to busy to read previous posts etc....I have been diving for "Three Months", without the use of the concentrator.

Today I plan on going for a run, which will test both my "Slow Twitch Muscle fibers", and Cardiovascular system. Based on my recent performance in the gym however (IE) I don't feel winded etc.

I still have a ways to go, however I would like to thank Phoiph for all her help throughout this whole process.....I wouldn't have moved forward with purchasing the chamber had it not been for Phoiph(-:.

In closing I experienced some mild nausea last week, however traced it back to "Too Many Stevia Based Drinks", in my diet. I also added Keifer every other day which seems to soothe my stomach and help replenish the good flora.

Many of my symptoms are better, however I still have pain especially in the morning. I also feel like my body is "Retracing It's Steps", as I experience symptoms that popped up over 3 to 4 years ago when I first started to feel "Unwell", at times.

My Neuro Symptoms are much better it's almost "Unbelivable"!

Posts: 50 | From San Diego | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking4hope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick Update.....

The run was a horrible idea.....initially I felt great however last night I began to feel like I was coming down with the flu for the first time in three years!

My body ached like crazy, and of course I have a monster headache. I just completed a dive this morning and as I was decompressing my head started "Crackling", due to all the congestion.

I feel maybe the lack of Oxygen I experienced while running might have set my body into a full blow herx? I also broke out in a rash on my stomach.....it looks like something bit me four or five times!

I just feel like I have the flu, everything aches and overall I just feel crummy. I'm going to flush as much as possible today as the run probably also invoked a ton of toxins.

"Slow And Steady", should be by mantra, however I feel pressure to fully regain my health as fast as possible. Everyone is always asking me 'Are You Back To 100% Yet", you look great etc....Sigh)-

I'm doing the best job I possibly can, and I knew from the get go this wasn't some "Overnight Get Your Health Back Phenomenon". Well i just wanted to share this with you guys and gals in hopes that it may help some of you 'Slow Down" as well.

Posts: 50 | From San Diego | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCarlhelp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15957

Looking4Hope, It sure is easy to do too much to fast especially after only (3) months. Hope you bounce back. I do the same thing, play intense tennis and then feel bad the next day. I think branched chained amino acids helps (BCAA) and I do think NT Factor Energy helps recovery. Unfortunately I have tennis elbow and shoulder right now so I am on hold.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for reinforcing that message, Looking4hope...

Unfortunately, there is no shortcut to true healing...it takes time and patience. The more you try to rush it, the longer it takes. The body knows what it needs to do.

I didn't start running again for well over a year (started with very short walk/runs), and then gave myself long breaks in between each run.

If I did a lot of something else that week (i.e., yard work, etc.), I skipped the run that week and let myself recover, even if I wanted to push it. I did yoga regularly, however.

Gradually, I could do more and more, and recover more quickly in between, until now back to baseline (albeit 10 years older than pre-Lyme)!

Posts: 1885 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Thanks guys and gals for your words.....much appreciated! I'm going to put running on hold Phoiph, and just stick to training with both weights, and stretching!

Jcarjhelp, I hope you can play tennis soon. I have an Uncle who plays tennis regularly and he has the same issue as you. I used to be heavily into BCAA's when bodybuilding....I too believe in the power of Amino Acids.

I remember what the flu feels like, and this does indeed feels like the flu. It doesn't feel "Limey", if that makes sense? I took a steaming hot shower, and scrubbed my skin with a brush which I do after each and every Mhbot session.

I try to open up my pores as much as possible in an attempt to drain the lymphatic system. I will also sometimes incorporate "Cold Water", for one minute following the use of hot water to help close the pores when done. I used to do this when I was really into the Sauna and it seemed to help slow down the Herx's at the time.

In closing this was a huge "Wake Up Call"! I knew I wasn't truly healing on a deep level this early in the game....i just knew it! The problem is convincing both family and friends of this when you appear to be seemingly healthy.

Moving forward... I'm going to both stay away from and ignore those who "Don't Get It". I have worked my tail off thus far, and unlike both work and competing there is no "Medal Or Trophy" on this road to recovery. Life is both short and precious and like many of you I I have already lost a great deal of time.

Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any new updates from anyone doing this treatment? Just curious to see how people are doing.

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joahsark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would love to hear too!
Posts: 219 | From pacific nw | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for S13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im in about 160hours now. Initially combined with antibiotics, but i gave those up 2 months a go.
I havent made much progress by doing mhbot, but i havent regressed either when i went off abx.
My primary symptoms are mostly neurologically (brain fog, concentration problems, memory loss, emotional instability, very zombie like feeling), nausea and some fatigue (but i can still do 5mile+ walks).

From what i can tell from my own microscopic research (live darkfield and giemsa staining) the mhbot seems to keep the borrelia infection at a very low level. The protozoan infection which really seems to like my brain is not at all affected by mhbot.

So after about 6 months of diving i can conclude; mhbot - good for suppressing borrelia infections - not so good for protozoan infections.

I have never herxed from mhbot, but that seems only logical since my lyme load has always been fairly low. Recently ive started a trial of albenza and got my first small herx ever! wohoo. So I will probably revert to treating my protozoan infection with regular medicin and continue the mhbot to keep the borrelia infection suppressed.

Posts: 381 | From The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

In terms of interpreting timeline...When comparing others progress to mine, I find it more accurate to begin counting sessions from the time the person stopped antibiotics (since I wasn't on antibiotics when I started mHBOT).

So, in this case, I consider that I had not made much progress in 2 months of mHBOT either...in fact I was considering quitting at that point.

With consistent treatments, eventually all infections, including protozoan, resolved...

It is remarkable that many people have been able to get off of their antibiotics with the support of mHBOT, however, there is much detox and repair to be done during and after antibiotics, and in my observation, this may ultimately require more time.

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Quick Update:

It turned out that I was suffering from both Bacterial pneumonia, and the shingles simultaneously!

As bad as things were... it wasn't nearly as bad as when my Lyme symptoms were at there worst!

Having both of the aforementioned at the same time was a setback)-: I'm now diving 4-5 days a week and have added "Oxygen", twice a week.

I can definitively state without reservation that I'm extremely tired after my dives when implementing "O2".

I do feel in my heart however that this is the direction I need to go in in order to continue the healing process.

As excited as I am in regard to the results I have received thus far.. I still have a long ways to go(-:

I'm going to list both my symptoms "Pre Mhbot", and "Post Mhbot" to date using a scale of "1-10". "1" will serve as no symptoms while "10" will serve as severe symptoms.

"Pre Mhbot" "Post Mhbot"

Nausea-10 Nausea-2
Fatigue-10 Fatigue-2
Enchapolopathy-10 Enchapolopathy-1
Anxiety-10 Anxiety-1
Pain-10 Pain-7
Muscle Twitches-10 Muscle Twitches-6
Hot/Cold-10 Hot/Cold-2
Low Body Temp-10 Low Body Temp-1
Nightmares-10 Nightmares-2
Flu Like Feeling-10 Flu Like Feeling-1
Headaches-10 Headaches-3
Car Sickness-10 Car Sickness-1
Auditory Issues-10 Auditory Issues-2
Light Sensitivity-10 Light Sensitivity-1

A the above illustrates I have made marked improvement in certain areas. I hope this gives some of you with no hope "Hope".

I often times wonder on this "Lonely Journey", how others here are doing? Rarely do I meet anyone who has Chronic Lyme Disease...one of the reasons this journey is so lonely at times.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm extremely thankful for this "Thread", and chiefly "Phoiph", for helping me get this far.

I still however can't help and think about the "Time Lost", due to this disease and unfortunately some of the relationships that fell by the wayside.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

I can honestly say that no one could have been more furious about losing a decade of my life than I was! I thought there could be no redeeming value about the experience whatsoever, and that it was a ridiculous waste of a human life.

In hindsight, that perspective has changed completely. I now see how and why the experience had to be as it was, and realize that there was absolutely no time wasted...every moment that I spent in "hell" was absolutely necessary for the transformation that I have experienced.

There was wisdom beyond my comprehension in all of it (and if someone tried to point this out to me at the time, it would send me into a rabid fury), the extent of which I can only now begin to appreciate.

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

I know you suffered a great deal Phoiph...10 years is almost impossible for me to fathom!

The vivid detail of your journey serves as a testimony to your incredibly resilient spirit!

Anyone who listens to your story will leave with an indelible footprint of truly how fragile and precious life is!

I'm trying to "Connect The Dots" so to speak in hindsight looking back as to why things happened the way they did?

While I continue to Grow, Heal, and Evolve as a human being I can now connect certain dots with a remarkably different perspective on life and what's important.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Thank you!
mbdq
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbdq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have reached 207 hours of chamber use. It is mostly continuous, since September. I am striving for 30 hours per month but had to take a week off this month due to gallbladder surgery.

Overall, I continue to improve and believe the hbot is helping. When I look back to a year ago, two years ago, etc I have less symptoms. I am currently not on Rx antibiotics but I have a comprehensive program in place to focus on regaining my health100%.

I am doing the m hbot with oxygen, using samento and monolaurin for additional microbial control and six weeks ago I took my diet to a new level and started the wahls paleo protocol. I have been "paleo" for about a year and always ate healthy but not as targeted as this.

I still have fatigue, migraines, burning pain, joint pain etc but they are not as bad as they used to be.

I feel my gallbladder issues were just collateral damage from years of lyme and all the antibiotics I took including IV Rocephin. The surgeon said it had scar tissue and aadhesions so I am glad its out.

I am also still having "windows" where I feel quite well and get excited that I am making headway. One of the hardest things right now is that I am comparing how I feel to those windows instead of how I used to be. This is an important insight and I must remember that healing will take time and overall I am showing improvements. Otherwise it is easy to second guess myself and question my progress.

So for now, I have a plan in place and I am working the plan. I am hopeful this will all continue in the right direction.

Posts: 233 | From Hudson Valley | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivorgirl1
Member # 44031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Survivorgirl1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, this is my first post. Just wanted to let you all know I am new I have just started on mhbot this week.

Thank you Phoiph and all others very much for your effort in sharing online about your experiences!

And my special thanks to S13 for his support and inspiring me to get this treatment in its most affordable option to Europe. I am sorry to hear about your neurological symptoms, your harsh battle on protozoa and that you are still waiting for much progress to come.

In short about me: In 2010 I was diagnosed with late stage Lyme disease.
I have been ill since 1996, a teenager at that time. I was misdiagnosed with ME/CFS and because of that, shamelessly mistreated.

For the last 7 years I’m 85-90% bedbound and depending on in-home care-givers.

Previous to this severe worsening of symptoms I had a carbon monoxide poisoning (replaces oxygen on red blood cells) and toxic mold exposure from living in a wastewater damaged mold house.

This has also been the onset of reacting severely chemically / environmentally sensitive.

Not until just a few years ago, I was financially able to move out of the mold house into another home.

I empathize with Looking4hope and others describing the pain about the loss of time because life being too short and so precious, same here.

Years are passing by with keeping my weak body alive in this horror as it despite treatments feels like slowly fading away.
And I can’t tolerate borrelia-antibiotics at this time.

I am desperately in need of a suitable multisystem supporting at-home effective self-treatment that’s slowly adjustable to tolerance.
Almost all treatments so far make me feel more ill, like relentless herxing.

A year ago oxygen therapy got my attention as an additional treatment for the CO-poisoning and mold exposure.
I didn’t know about oxygen and Lyme then. But I am learning on the way.

Because of the big expense I first spent months reading everything I could find about mhbot and hbot (as far as possible with my encephalopathy).

There is no doubt - I must try this!

Tired of composing this post and translating into english I not even got a chance to mention my 5 co-infections, my 100 symptoms, my FIR sauna and my juggling with meds, supps and herbs.

I am all settled, installed and ready for diving.

I will post my mhbot-experiences next time.

Posts: 16 | From Europe | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Survivorgirl1

Welcome...please feel free to PM me anytime if I can be of help.

Just be sure to start slowly, and gradually work up to full pressure/02...

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

To Survivorgirl1 "Congratulations" I wish you the very Best!
spinning122
Member # 42223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spinning122     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome survivorgirl =) I look forward to hearing about your improvements with mhbot!

I am 137 dives in as of today (1 hr dives daily). I have been using the chamber in conjunction with antibiotics but feel it is time for me to stop the antibiotics... I really feel like the drugs have taken me as far as they can, so I will be discussing tapering off/discontinuing the meds with my doctor next week.

I suppose I have reached what they call "treatment fatigue", having been on antibiotics nonstop for 2.5 years now.

I have had Lyme for 23 years and I'm only 27... so I definitely know what you guys mean about wasted time being sick ;-).

As for improvements... I am now able to exercise for 40min-1hr daily which I couldn't do previously without feeling like I was run over by a truck for the next two weeks.

I am still fatigued and in bed quite a bit. Brain fog and anxiety/depression come and go.

For the past two weeks I had been experiencing extreme painful, red sore throat, swollen lymph nodes and puffy face/mouth pain. Just yesterday did it let up and I'm feeling back to "normal" now, just extremely tired, so I don't know what that episode was about.

But overall, I feel like I am making progress.

Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow there are a lot of very ill people here posting now, making progress. I am delighted.

As Phoiph mentions please go slowly if you need to!

Amazed by looking for hopes progress in such a short time. And thanks to mbdq for her updates and welcome Survivorgirl!

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appreciate all of the updates! Glad to hear people are seeing some progress.

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hyperbaric oxygen benefits links:

http://www.myhbot.com/research-database.html

Especially (my favorite links):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17201738

Yes, Bb sure does use glycerol...Phospholipase D helps Bb to convert phosphatidylcholine = (PC) to phosphatidylglycerol = (PG) esp. in the tick.

BTW...Hg (mercury) upregulates phospholipase D.

Google: PQQ mercury/Hg !!!

And..

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12849745

The above REALLY is important...re: mitochondrial dysfunction...which is WHY PQQ and perhaps MitoQ can work if someone can't afford HBOT...perhaps.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know how the mhbot would effect a virus?

Any thoughts.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

HBO has demonstrated anti-viral properties both through direct action, and secondary action by fortifying the immune system so it can better fight infection.

Here's an article regarding the effect of HBO on the HIV virus:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8825180

jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought it was time I give an update on my mhbot treatment. I started diving in early March and have no regrets whatsoever.

My body just functions better with the treatment and it complements using my rife machine along with it. I had knocked down a lot of infections with my rife machine (gb4000 plus MOPA) prior to mhbot but still had lingering cognitive issues and fatigue.

The mhbot treatments reduces those two symptoms. So I am very pleased with where I am considering the short period I have been diving.

Very happy with the anti inflammatory response of the diving also. My eyes are the whitest they have been in a long time.

I will add that recently I tried doing 2 separate one hour dives a day just to judge my response. I ended up having headache symptoms pop up afterwords. Not sure if it was a neuro herx or more oxidation then my brain needed. Either way I backed down to 1 hour dives for the time being.

Happy Diving you guys!

Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jcarl, your mail box is full. Yes, I used supplemental oxygen from day 1.
Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivorgirl1
Member # 44031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Survivorgirl1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you guys for posting and sharing updates.

My update, I’ve had my 5th dive. In the past weeks I’ve slowly increased from 5 to 20 minutes each. Once every 3 days. On 1.3 ATA with 9 L/m oxygen from the concentrator.

I react very sensitive nowadays, I think at this way I’m taking it slow… I appreciate Phoiph and others sharing the importance, considering my overall gained impatience with this illness.

In the days in between I do FIR sauna (low EMF saunabag) and Epsom salt bath from which I feel benefit. And sometimes just oxygen without hyperbaric pressure and also focus on some longterm supplements and herbs.
This 3-day schedule currently seems to work for me.

Before I started diving I used just the oxygen-concentrator for about 5 weeks, once every 2 days. Increasing from 2L/min to 6L/min, from 10 build up to 45 minutes.

The first increasings of dosage on just oxygen caused some headaches and migraines. Later on it caused some small improvement of my bowel function (and thus benefit for detox, eating, stomach and digestion) and small improvement on the effectiveness of my supplements and herbs.

My first 3 ‘shots’ of mhbot were very good.
Afterwards I feel calm and relaxed on a nice way, sometimes less nice on a very tired and sleepy way.

And I’m happy to say that the day after my dive, I seem to feel an improvement, a very small increase of overall strength and energy. Very very small but noticing it. Feeds my enthousiasm about this treatment.
And again my supps and herbs seem to work a little bit better.

But then… the day after my 4th dive I got very ill.
The trouble started just after my infrared sauna and some sunburn from being outside for about 30 minutes which I had not been since a very long while.
This altogether must have been extra challenging my immune function?

I got very flulike ill, with seizures of trembling, feverish, near-fainting/ losing consciousness (I have this more often), headache (back of my head other pain than my usual migraines), earache,

eyepain, hip and knee pain (my problematic-lyme-joints), severe sweating, cold, exhaustion, decreased heartrate (42) (have it more often), a big increase of my (existing) heart arrhythmia and pvc, difficulty breathing / out of breath,

impossible to think and remember what I was thinking or saying some seconds ago (worse than normally), crying with no reason and fear of getting no help, and so on.

I thought it was about time to get help from my first time homemade liposomal glutathione . [Razz]
So I took a big swig… and in a few hours… I couldn’t function at all anymore!
It made it worse!?!

I’m still ‘investigating’ to learn if it’s because of too much of detox from the big amount of glutathione in my depleted body, or I hope not babesia reacting on glutathione, or the combination of the desperate intake of liposomals which was only about 30 minutes after my intake of artemisinin and monolaurin (lauricidin), perhaps it emulsified the artemisinin in a way resulting in increased absorption thus herxing.

Well what ever it was, about 48 hours later I was feeling a big half better.
And I was already looking forward to climb in for my 5th dive, so I did. And I felt nice and relaxed.

But when I woke up the next day I felt terrible again, felt like I was run over by a truck and in a tremendous amount of pain, feeling as if I had a severe increase of inflammation. In my knees, upperlegs, hips, high-back and neck.

Pain in joints, muscles and nerves, even touching my skin so painful. Some swelling also. Can’t hardly move, haven’t yet found a position to lie comfortably to stand the pain.

This is taking 48 hours now. I hope it’s of some kind of use and getting some of the bad and the ugly out of my body.

I thought hbot helps against inflammation…
I’ve read so much about these treatments. But in the heat of the battle I know nothing and feel a bit helpless.

My brain to blurry to think straight what to do in this kind of situation, I took a quite random handful of potentially herx-supporting supps from my ‘in-home-pharmacy’ desperately in need for relieve.
So far no luck.

If any of you has any suggestions how to get through this inflammatory pain… or this notorious lyme-herx-desperation…please post.

Survivorgirl1

Posts: 16 | From Europe | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Survivorgirl1

It sounds like you have been careful working up slowly with your mHBOT...however, in my opinion, the other therapies are too much in combination.

This is a case of "too much too fast", and this is why I have concerns when sensitive people do several concurrent therapies, like FIR sauna and other detox methods, supplements, herbs, and drugs.

mHBOT is very powerful, and some of the many benefits are that it greatly enhances immune function and the detox process. Naturally, the body needs a chance to assimilate the treatment and rid itself of the toxins, etc.

In addition, if someone doesn't have fully functioning detox pathways (many of us do not), then this process may be less sufficient and take a little longer. In this case, "more" (therapies) is not necessarily "better" and can easily overwhelm the system (especially FIR sauna, which can dehydrate, deplete minerals and electrolytes even in a healthy person).

Drinking lots of water (with added minerals), rest, gentle exercise, eating a clean, gut/nerve healing diet, and simplifying the protocol (with your doctor's approval), while slowly (when your are up to it) increasing time in the chamber until you reach an hour at full pressure with supplemental 02 daily, is the best advice I can give, as this was the key to success for me...

[ 07-09-2014, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Phoiph ]

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HIV...a retroviral protein...

"enabling HIV-1 binding to the nicotinic receptor acetylcholine binding sites"

http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/content/90/9/3623?sso-checked=1

"For example, adult participants who

inhaled oxygen

sixty seconds before the presentation of a word list that was to be studied, showed

*improved recall*

compared to a group who did not.

Wiki

Increasing levels of acetylcholine

can result in improved perception, concentration,

*memory recall*,

verbal fluency and better overall cognitive function.

http://nootriment.com/acetylcholine-supplements/

Looks like HIV and lyme may have have nicotinic receptor acetylcholine in common...in addition to mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, etc.

This looks to have to do with acetylcholine RELEASE from its receptor. H3 receptors regulating acetylcholine release maybe involved.

http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2014/140225/ncomms4334/full/ncomms4334.html

Read the last sentence in the link above...with a focus on "ischaemia" (a shortage of oxygen and glucose)

Florida doc believes HBOT AND Pycnogenol (1mg per pound of body weight) is effective for lyme.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

This maybe WHY HBOT works:

B. burgdorferi does not encode any known Na+ pumps and appears to

rely solely on the H+ cycle.

http://mmbr.asm.org/content/65/3/353.full

The hydrogen bacteria oxidize H2 (hydrogen gas) as an energy source.

The hydrogen bacteria are facultative lithotrophs as evidenced by the pseudomonads that fortuitously possess a hydrogenase enzyme that will

oxidize H2

and put the electrons into their respiratory ETS.

They will use H2 if they find it in their environment even though they are typically heterotrophic.

Indeed, most hydrogen bacteria are nutritionally-versatile in their ability to use a wide range of carbon and energy sources.

Some hydrogen bacteria possess an NAD-linked hydrogenase that transfers electrons from H2 to NAD in a one-step process.

NAD then delivers the electrons to the ETS.

Others have hydrogenase enzymes that pass electrons to different carriers in the bacterial electron transport system.

http://textbookofbacteriology.net/metabolism_5.html

Most grow best under microaerophilic conditions.

***They do this because the hydrogenase enzyme used in hydrogen oxidation is

inhibited by the presence of oxygen,***

but oxygen is still needed as a terminal electron acceptor.

Wiki.

jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

survivorgirl,

I have to be careful with how much sun I get especially in the summer. Your remarks about staying out of the sun for awhile but then staying out for 30 minutes and getting a sunburn would be hard on me even more so when I was more ill.

I find I do way better just getting short amount of sun everyday and stay protected with proper clothes,hats and sunscreen when I will be out for long periods.

Some patients can handle sun more so then others. Sounds like you are one that needs to be cautious of it. The Marshall Protocol explains all this if you ever want to google it.

I'm also very cautious about the temp and length of using my IFR sauna as it can aggravate my bart if I over do it. I never turn it up more then a medium temp and only use it 15 to 20 minutes.

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

I too have "Sun Sensitivity" issues)-: I had my shirt off a couple weeks back while throwing batting practice to my son for a mere 20 minutes.

I was extremely sunburned the following day and then started peeling shortly afterwards)-:

I used to enjoy both "Sunbathing", and working out really hard. For now however I'm okay with not being tan and simply doing Yoga, stretching, flexing my muscles etc.

Like many of you I have come along ways! I try and show gratitude for the gifts bestowed upon me.

The mere fact that I'm able to write "This Post" right now and "Hold My Head up", is simply "Beautiful"!

The mere fact that I was "Out In The Sun", throwing batting practice to my amazing son is simply "Out Of This World"!

jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Good for you Looking4hope throwing batting practice with your son. I know that feeling you were describing.

I use to consider myself an accurate football passer but when I let my arm muscles go downhill my passing game was embarrassing. I will never forget the day I got my muscles built back up some and was able to go out and throw long accurate passes to my son. It's little things like that are so important to share with your kids.

Speaking of building muscles I've been shopping around for a reclining bench press and barbells recently. Of course I will be using light weights but I know the fact that I'm shopping for them is because of increased stamina from mhbot.

Survivorgirl1
Member # 44031

I much appreciate your replies!
I’m going to do a bit less and a bit slower on each element to not overwhelm and not damage my body.

And so increase the amount of days that I feel mhbot gives me the bit of physical strength and energy. 

Besides the infections, the detoxification is definitely a big problem for me.
In the past week I mobilized too much toxins at the same time, not quickly getting them out, contributing to horrible days.

Artemisinin and monolaurin are for me among the rare killers I do tolerate, so for now I stay on them concurrently.
I feel lucky to notice a small benefit of both of them, resp. a bit less bowelpain and a bit more energy. I rotate and pulsate.

I’ve read about the Marshall protocol before, the problems about vitamine D metabolism, acting as a steroid, decreasing immune function, aggravating infections and lots of other problems. Correct me if I’m wrong, Jarjar.

I remember a previous time I had a flare when I did FIR sauna and being in the sun on the same day. So I’m slowing down on that too. And I don’t want to possibly ‘tickle’ my bartonella.

My FIR saunabag is less intense as a normal sauna cabin. It’s a kind of blanket with low EMF, far infrared, adjustable heat. My head stays out, it’s nice, warm and comfy to lie in.

I get out at 4 minutes, that’s often when my sweating begins.
I replace minerals and trace-elements, also after my ‘ordinary’ sweat-attacks, incl. applying them on my skin after showering.
I thank you for bringing the electrolytes up, all helps me to remember and focus.

Even very small positive effects make already a massive change in my daily survival and harsh symptoms.

Marnie, I take choline as an emergency medicine that helps me when I have seizures of temporary almost-paralysis or non-responding, to increase acetylcholine which i.e. borrelia neurotoxins shut down.

Would love to be able to lift up my acetylcholine with mhbot. Does this match your scientific posts? (hard for me understand on english and brainfogged)

Will update in a month or so…

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any updates on the people that are doing this?

Are you cured yet?!

I will be doing several sessions of mhbot and then will decide if I will buy one. Did my first one today [Wink]

[ 07-26-2014, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Haley ]

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Haley,
When you refer to "Cured Yet", what exactly do you mean? I'm not sure if I will ever be "Cured", or have no lingering symptom's here and there....time will tell(-:

I know that many of my symptoms have either dissipated or are not as severe as they used to be. I do have severe pain typically in the morning, which I'm working on.

I look at it this way...a person with MS for example might always have MS however they might be able to live a better quality of life using a certain "Modality"

I think many like myself will have to learn to live in "Harmony", with the Lyme which took over their body for years.

Of course, like everyone else I would love to be "Totaly Cured", however that may not be possible for everyone.

Everyone also has different "Situations" (IE) children to take care, and other responsibilities. I do find it hard to dive "5 Days A Week", and usually do 3-4.

I always seem to have tons of energy after a dive without "O2", however roughly 12 hours later I start to experience "Mild Herxing", in the form of burning pain in my legs and upper body.

I haven't been great with my diet, and made a concerted effort today to simply "Live Out Of My Vitamix", for one week!

I believe we are all so different, and I know that you are hurting in the form of severe "Brain Fog".

Only you will have the "Key", to finding out how many dives it's going to take you and (IE) frequency, with "O2", without "O2", duration in chamber....30 minutes, 1 hour, 1.5 hours?

Haley, I wish you the best and hope that you continue on this journey and don't give up! It make take you some time. Look no further then Phoiph, while she was pioneering this whole expedition!

Phioph, showed no sign of recovery for over two months! She was ready to send the chamber back, yet she trusted her GUT and the guidance of a few close to her and persevered.

I can't imagine what I would have done without Phoiph! Can you imagine "Phoiph didn't have a Phoiph" to lean on...she only had her strong intestinal fortitude which in my opinion is "Beyond The Scope Of This Post"

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Thank you, Looking4hope...but I really can't take that much credit...I was simply down to no other options.

I only wish I had found mHBOT sooner rather than later, but in that case I might have not realized the full extent of its healing power.

Everything happens for a reason...

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Phoiph....I agree I too had now more options. I had all but given up after unsuccessfully trying a myriad of different modalities!

My "Back Was To The Bed", instead of the to the wall at this point and I remember Phoiph you telling me "You Will Get Better".

My Stepfather who didn't really understand what I was doing at the time, now says "It's Like The Chamber Is A Cocoon For You", and you come out of Cocoon a different person(-:

Haley
Member # 22008

Thanks for posting Looking4hope.

I'm sort of kidding when I say "are you cured?", but sort of not kidding also [Wink]

Of course, we all would like to be "cured".

I did a dive on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. I'm very fatigued; will see if I begin to bounce back on my days off. I do feel that it is doing something, but I'm still brain dead. I plan to do it every other day.

Coincidently (or not so coincidently), my hairdresser mentioned that she has a client that has a facility with HBOT chambers. They do mostly hard chambers and don't seem to think that the mild chambers are as good. I am going to call her and speak with her. It turns out she has/had Lyme disease along with 2 other family members. That is why she got into the business - fighting the war on Lyme. Somehow I sense oxygen in my future, I know it is part of the plan.

BTW - what PSI do people usually do? I'll also look through the posts for information.

keep breathing oxygen [Cool]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Haley...

There is controversy over high vs. mild pressures...sort of like the polarized camps in Lyme world.

I would suggest reading "The Oxygen Revolution" by Dr. Paul Harch, who has been researching HBO for over 20 years. He and a colleague of his (a neurologist/HBOT clinician who is also a friend of mine) use mild pressures (1.5 ATA or less) for most neurological conditions.

Here's a great article on that subject:

"More is Better: The Recurrent Illusion of Higher Pressure HBOT in Chronic Brain Injury, by Dr. Paul Harch": http://www.netnet.net/mums/Harch2.htm

Home chambers only reach 1.3 ATA as per FDA regs. I became well using a home chamber only (no clinical treatments) with supplemental O2...1 hour daily with total commitment to consistency, which I believe is key...along with nutrition protocol (very important) and gradually increasing activity/exercise...

Haley
Member # 22008

Thanks for the article Phoiph. I don't know if this information is applicable to bacteria. I have downloaded his book onto my kindle and will read more, although probably won't retain a thing.

Have you heard of S.O.D. (Superoxide Dismutase)? It's an antioxidant, this was recommended to me by a doctor. I took it while I was using an oxygen concentrator.

My diet is good, the exercise will take a while.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help us.

By the way, you are an excellent writer, you should write a book.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Thanks, Haley...

About the book...maybe someday! Not sure who would want to read it though [Smile] Right now I'm just trying to find the time to finish my website...!!!

S.O.D is an antioxidant which is also made by our bodies, and is made in greater supply when doing HBO to compensate for the extra free radical (oxidant) production to protect our own cells from damage (free radicals are also produced by our bodies and are a defense against infection, so are necessary as well...).

It is optimal to strike a balance between free radicals and antioxidants, as both are necessary...so you have to be careful with too much supplementation.

About whether lower pressures are effective against bacteria, here are my thoughts (which were posted on a different thread):

Many doctors and HBOT clinicians base their treatment protocols for Borrelia on a study in 1993 by Austin, which demonstrated that the lethal level of oxygen for a spirochete was somewhere between 30mm Hg and 160mm Hg.

They estimated that HBOT at 2.36ATA while breathing 100% O2 would raise the tissue 02 tissue levels to between 200mm Hg and 300mm...WELL above the range necessary to kill Borrelia.

This information was later used in a study with human subjects by Fife in 1998.

Unfortunately, the study didn't include research on what the lowest effective range was, and so this level continued to be used over time for treating Lyme disease, in spite of treatment failures and drop-out rates.

There are several problems and risks with higher pressures for Lyme disease and other neurological conditions. Some of these greater risk of oxygen toxicity, visual changes, and releasing of toxins more quickly than the body can handle.

In addition, the oxidation rate may become faster than the body's ability to generate antioxidants to compensate, causing oxidative stress. Of more concern is recent research the indicates the possibility of regression with some neurological diseases when higher pressures are used.

Another consideration is that Lyme disease is different than the infections that many clinicians are used to treating, considering its reproductive rate and ability to morph into protective forms, requiring, in my opinion, long term treatment to avoid relapse, which is cost prohibitive in a clinical setting for many people.

One of the biggest benefits that people who do short term treatment miss out on, in my opinion, is the healing process that is offered by long term mHBOT treatments. This is not just about "killing the bugs", but about bringing balance to the body and supplying it with what it requires to repair and restore itself to full health...

Leeintn
Member # 25999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leeintn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Phoiph

When you get a chance could you PM and give me the details on the hbot ie rental and equipment needed.

I am having a difficult time deciding on doing treatments @ my docs office an hour away or having one in my home.

Thanks so much [Smile]

Posts: 83 | From Tennessee | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Leeintn...

Ok...just sent you a PM...

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

I'm not sure what's going on, however I will do my best to explain..

My "Short Term Memory", has slowly been getting worse over the last week or so. Then "Mid Monday Afternoon", I noticed I was in a "Fog", while walking in the store.

I am without hesitation stating that my brain is indeed "Inflamed Right Now". Now the the trick is trying to figure out a remedy to reduce the inflammation, and what may have triggered this?

What's weird is I have been talking to someone on the phone frequently who always mentions how intact my "Long Term Memory Is"(-:

As I write this, my head feels "Full",... kind of like someone filled it up with Air.

I'm so scared right now, it's not even remotely funny.

The only other time during this Journey or starting Mhbot that I felt something very similar was when I had both Bacterial Pneumonia, and the shingles.

I did awake to two large bites on the back of my right foot coupled with a bite on my right arm last Sunday? I'm wondering if I may be experiencing the shingles again......or?

My nephew was out here from Virgina, and I slept in the same bed he did....what if I was infected again?

I'm diving with "O2", for 1 hour a day. I keep praying to God the "Lights", will come on once again(-:

It's this fullness in my head particularly on the side of my temples which is absolutely horrible)-:

I changed some things around in my diet which maybe added to this? I stopped drinking the magnitude of mineral water I was drinking prior to all of "This", happening, and deviated from my diet.

So here I am in front of all of you guys and gals here with a brain which feels like it's "Full Of Compressed Air".

I'm also having a difficult time staying focused etc. Leading up to this CRASH, I noticed I kept losing both my wallet and my cell phone.

I'm all over the place here, however I wanted this post to reflect as accurately as possible what's going on with me?

Phoiph, I know you had some setbacks however do you remember anything like this?

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Looking4hope...

You said you felt something similar when you had other illnesses, which suggests it is a reactive immune response.

What you're experiencing sounds to me like a "cytokine flare", possibly resulting from the toxins in the insect bites.

When I was recovering, my immune responses were very volatile...I had to be careful not to expose myself to too much, too soon, or my head would feel more pressurized, along with many other symptom flares.

I would get back on your anti-inflammatory gut/nerve diet right away, start drinking lots of water again...rest/don't overdo, and keep diving...I believe this symptom will resolve in time like it did after your bout with shingles and bacterial pneumonia...

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Phoiph,
Thank You for your fast response "YOU ARE SIMPLY AMAZING"!

"This Time Around", I vow to do things even better (IE) Diet maybe 80% raw 20% cooked "Anti Inflammatory Foods Only When Possible(-:

Phoioh, you stated "What you're experiencing sounds to me like a "cytokine flare", possibly resulting from the toxins in the insect bites."

I agree with the aforementioned.....my body is fighting something "But What Exactly"? Only those who have LD truly know what "This", feels like)-:

Phoiph, I had a ton of energy leading up to this....then "Bam", after the bite my whole world got flipped upside down!

Last time as noted it started with the "Shingle Rash", and yes my brain felt like it was swollen for around five days, and I had lingering headaches for weeks afterwards)-:

I wish my family would just understand that I'm "Not Cured", and I still have allot of work to do.

I'm not "Superman", even though at times when I have energy I appear to be...just ask Haley(-:

Yes Phoiph, I agree "Rest", and not overdoing it are indeed important! I was told from the very beginning this was a "Two Step Forward One Step Backwards", process.

I myself still have a hard time with the "Step Backwards Thing"(-:

In closing so this may serve others in the future.....

I haven't been sleeping enough and have also been dealing with a multitude of "Stressful Situations".

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Yes...it is very easy to slack on the protocol when you start to feel better, but discipline is key to getting all the way back.

It is usually not just one thing that sets you back...for example, you mentioned stress, diet, sleep, water, exposure to toxins...

The good news is you're still diving and have worked up to an hour a day w/02...that's an accomplishment!

You could consider this a "speed bump"...

Haley
Member # 22008

Yes, looking4hope, I can attest to that. When I met you you had so much energy I was sure you had super powers. I believe my comment was - "if I could have 10% of your energy I'd be happy."

I hope the setback is brief and that the stressful situations resolve.

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Phoiph, I pray to god this is a "Speed Bump". When you experienced "Speed Bumps", did you get scared (IE) "This Feels Reminiscent", of how I used to feel?

Haley, I wish I had "Super Powers", again this is surely "No Bueno".

Phoiph, wss your "Brain Fog", or "Brain Swelling, so bad at times throughout this process that you thought "Here We Go Again"?

Your right on point when you use the word "Volatile". I feel like my immune system is extremely volatile and I have to be as close to perfect as humanly possible right now or I'm going to get even sicker.

Last night was a long night....lot's of tossing and turning, weird dreams, and I was and still am "Extremely Exhausted".

As stated above I had weird dreams all throughout the night, and had to wear ear plugs to drown out the noise which I had stopped doing for some time)-:

I don't know what to say other then my brain feels incredibly inflamed)-: My brain feels clogged and I can actually feel it crackling when I'm decompressing in the chamber.

I dove again this morning for one hour with "02", and unfortunately the "Tears Started To Run Down My Face")-:

I had come so far and was making by all accounts incredible progress!

Usually the pain I experience in the morning is really bad all throughout my body, however slowly subsides as the day goes on.

The last couple days however the pain in my body hasn't been as bad, and seems to have "Set Up Camp", or migrated to my brain?

I read the "Oxygen Revolution", over the last couple days once again however I'm having a difficult time remembering things.

In closing I don't what to say other then "I'm Really Scared". My entire Nervous System feels out of whack, and I''m having a difficult time keeping my eyes open.

Phoiph, what did you drink for energy when you were really tired? I can barely keep my eyes open?

Phoiph, any "Symptom Flares", you experienced etc would be of great comfort right now.

I did admiringly take on way to much, way to soon. I however have personal obligations which didn't allow me the "Rest", I knew I intuitively needed.

In closing it's like this "Thick Layer", of Gook feeling that is enveloping my brain right now. The "Gook", feels like it's not allowing my brain to fully "See The World", as it is)-:

Phoiph
Member # 41238

I'm calling you...
spinning122
Member # 42223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spinning122     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking, I wanted you to know that you're not alone..I am experiencing pretty much everything as you described in your last post.

I am 178 dives in and continue to do daily 1 hr dives with oxygen. I discontinued antibiotics a couple weeks ago and am focusing on rebuilding my body now. Mhbot. Diet. Sleep. Gentle exercise.

Stress definitely throws my body off (both physical and mental/emotional). Lack of restful sleep also messes me up big time.

Lately, I have swollen lymph nodes, my throat feels tight, my brain feels swollen and I have severe brain fog, short term memory problems, problems following simple instructions., Exhaustion, sweating with minimal exertion, etc. Also.anxiety and clouded emotions. I feel empty and dead inside, no motivation or "zest" for life. But I know this is isn't the real me, so I won't dwell on it.

WI wish Lyme recovery could be a straight road of steady improvements but I guess we have to deal with the bumpy "one step forward two steps back" journey instead, and keep hoping that we are moving in the right direction in the meantime.

Thanks for sharing your experiences Looking. Nice to know I (and anyone else following the thread) am not alone in this journey.

Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joahsark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I so appreciate you all continuing to update and post on this thread. You offer so many of us hope.

Horrific brain problems were my first and continue to be my worst symptom. Intense pressure, complete inability to think, feels like my head has been injected with a large amount of some thick poison sludge that nothing can get through, brain zaps, pain and sickening vertigo are 24/7. Had made some progress on IV but right now feels like I'm back to the start.

Now pretty suddenly my legs have begun to stop working and walking is becoming very difficult.

I am traveling to a clinic to be sure I can "pressurize" adequately and then plan to get a machine in the house. On top of all that my 13 year old daughter is fighting this with her worst symptoms being gastrointestinal and brain.

Thank you all for being here, praying and wishing us all the same success as Phoiph!! And a huge "Thank you" to her for all the guidance.

Posts: 219 | From pacific nw | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbdq
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbdq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know these flares are scary and they shake your confidence, but I think they are part of the process.

In my experience, they are either
1. Herxheimer reaction
2. Biofilm break down with immune system activation/herx
3. Immune system getting stronger and doing battle with other viruses/bugs etc
4. Flare of symptoms when body gets even further out of whack due to bad diet, lack of sleep, etc.

I have had flares of some of my worst and even new symptoms since starting mhbot, some really scary stuff. But overall it is helping. Its a long process, we wont get better overnight. We will still have times we will be very sick.

This is when we need extreme self care. Sleep, rest, diet, water.

Follow your intuition, get quiet, keep breathing in and out. This isnt for the faint of heart but we can get through this. Just keep going and take the best care of yourself you can.

After a really bad month I started combining the wahls protocol diet with the hbot. It significantly improved my energy. You need to give your body the proper nutrients to go with the oxygen therapy. I had always ate healthfully, but this is a whole new level.

Posts: 233 | From Hudson Valley | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

I agree 100%, mdbq...
Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Hey All-
Thanks Phoiph, Spinning, and mbdq for your input(-: Joasark I know exactly what you mean in regard to the head pressure!

I can barely eat, yet everything is still going right through me. I have zero energy, my short term memory is shot, and I just feel plain old "Sick")-:

I dove again this morning for 1 hour with 02. The pressure in my head subsided for a bit last night, however came back today, with Gastro issues.

I feel extremely bloated even though I'm living on Mineral Water, and salad right now. My nausea is hitting me hard.

I haven't felt quite like this in months. However as I discussed with Phoiph there were a number of changes in regard to my (IE) Sleep, Nutrition, Stress, Water Intake, and other factors leading up to this.

I also intuitively feel like my body is fighting something, and I'm constantly "Thirsty".

Has everyone who is doing Mhbot here experienced these "Flares"? I used to get out of the chamber prior to this last week with Tons of energy "Usually"!

I could actually feel the chamber working on my body and I knew if I was feeling nauseated etc mhbot would help.

Right now when I dive I don't feel anything. I'm trying to comprehend all of this however it's "Terrifying"!

My head was so clogged yesterday, with an added headaches however late last night it was like all the pressure came out and I had energy?

As I write this, I feel worn out, sick, bloated, tired, and my head feels "Full".

Thank you all for your input it is much appreciated!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

We also can't rule out that it could be another bug...there are many (especially intestinal) going around right now.

I know with me, as I recovered I started to get colds, flus, etc., which was a good sign that my immune system was beginning to have the vitality to take on "normal" things. However, at the time, it didn't feel like a "normal", pre-Lyme cold or flu, it felt highly intensified, and temporarily brought back symptoms that I thought I had already recovered from.

That was VERY scary, because I thought I may be relapsing, or at the very least losing ground...but it was just part of the process, and I actually made bigger strides forward after the "event".

It is often said that true healing is like "peeling an onion"...there are myriad layers that must be shed, and some of them are more difficult than others.

I have also heard that healing takes place in reverse order. I found that to be true; my most recent symptoms left first, but my worst and earliest symptoms (i.e., head pressure, brain fog, insomnia, etc.) were the last to leave...but they DID leave...

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Hey All-
Thanks Phoiph, Spinning, and mbdq for your input(-: Joasark I know exactly what you mean in regard to the head pressure!

I can barely eat, yet everything is still going right through me. I have zero energy, my short term memory is shot, and I just feel plain old "Sick")-:

I dove again this morning for 1 hour with 02. The pressure in my head subsided for a bit last night, however came back today, with Gastro issues.

I feel extremely bloated even though I'm living on Mineral Water, and salad right now. My nausea is hitting me hard.

I haven't felt quite like this in months. However as I discussed with Phoiph there were a number of changes in regard to my (IE) Sleep, Nutrition, Stress, Water Intake, and other factors leading up to this.

I also intuitively feel like my body is fighting something, and I'm constantly "Thirsty".

Has everyone who is doing Mhbot here experienced these "Flares"? I used to get out of the chamber prior to this last week with Tons of energy "Usually"!

I could actually feel the chamber working on my body and I knew if I was feeling nauseated etc mhbot would help.

Right now when I dive I don't feel anything. I'm trying to comprehend all of this however it's "Terrifying"!

My head was so clogged yesterday, with an added headaches however late last night it was like all the pressure came out and I had energy?

As I write this, I feel worn out, sick, bloated, tired, and my head feels "Full".

Thank you all for your input it is much appreciated!

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Quick update To All My Friends Here(-: I feel like we are all in "Good Place", when we come to this thread for both "Hope", and "Inspiration"

After coming down with both the "Shingles And Bacterial Pneumonia", I had to increase one of my medications due to the extreme pain which wreaked havoc on every fiber in my body!

I tried cutting the medication to fast and paid the price dearly! I'm slowly tapering the medication and feel much better!

I'm currently drinking "Keifer Daily", along with both potatoes and adding rice tonight.

I feel like my stomach was getting extremely out of balance and needed an adjustment(-:

I'm also back to drinking a "Gallon Of Water Daily", and have made the commitment to Dive Five Days A Week With "02" from here on out!

Oddly enough my morning pain seems to be getting better throughout this whole ordeal(-:

My gut intuition tells me the chamber combined with 02, is wiping me out "Energy Wise".

With that being said however I feel like diving with 02 five times last week did something in regard to my usual morning pain(-:

I feel like my body is really oxygenated right now if that makes sense to any of you...LOL(-:

Thank you Phoiph for the abundance of time you give "Pro Bono", for everyone here!

The "Oxygen Revolution" is indeed a fabulous resource, however it only briefly touches on Lyme Disease and "Mhbot".

The "Real Life" experiences Phoiph went though keep me "Grinding" each and every day!

I hope you are all finding some Peace, love, warmth, and deep healing as we all continue to work at this together each and every day!

CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shingles and bacterial pneumonia are actually probably a good sign, horrible as that may be. This is a phenomenon that was described to me by a doc as what they see when someone's immune system is coming back online.

I don't get colds flus fevers, bugs ,etc, and I have kids. I will welcome some "other" stuff when it decides to show up.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

CD57 are you using the chamber? Any results.
CD57
Member # 11749

I have not been using it regularly but am working w/ Phoiph to try to re-commit. I work full time and have to balance family life so don't have the time I need to myself to commit to getting well. It's been very difficult.

So there's my pity party for the day.

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that Bryan Rosner has a chapter on mhbot in his new lyme book. Has anyone read it?
Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Hello all of you mHBOT enthusiasts.

I received my chamber a couple of days ago. I have not used it as I was trying to arrange a SPECT scan before I start. I had hoped that the before and after SPECT would be a part of my story, however in the mean time I'm declining rapidly and need to get some oxygen!

I will document my journey here, maybe check in every 30 days. I plan to do an hour a day with weekends off.

Wish me luck!!!

[ 08-28-2014, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Haley ]

CD57
Member # 11749

Way to go Haley! We are committing right around the same time, so here's to you! Make sure to keep tea k of your symptoms and log them. Phoiph had me doing this, has been very helpful.
Haley
Member # 22008

Yay CD57! I'm sooooo excited for both of us! I did one dive, but my doc sent off prescription for a SPECT scan, so I'll probably start diving next week after the scan. Will keep posting.

Phoiph is such an inspiration.

Survivorgirl1
Member # 44031

Haley welcome and good luck!
We have now about 20 people diving in this thread!
Start slowly and adjust according to your respons… I’m curious about the results of your upcoming spectscan.

Spinning122 and Joahsark, a very rough time…I hope you feel better now or very very soon.

Looking4Hope, glad to read you feel better again after your huge flare.

Mbdq, thanks very much for sharing.

Thanks Phoiph for sticking around sharing your knowledge and your own experience with mhbot to help others.

CD57, I wish you calm moments to ‘lie still breathing in and out’, between juggling with illness, work and family life… Can be hard to fit it in…

Soccermama, I haven’t read Rosner’s book, but it makes me curious.

Currently I dive early in the morning, for 30 minutes, once in 2 days. Sometimes I skip a day extra if I feel too ill, it’s still pretty intense.

On the ‘diving-day’ I skip most of morning-medication (incl. herbal anti-oxidants) and take it about 4 hours later.
That seems my ‘recuperation’-time, after that I get a little boost of energy.
Still figuring out what works best…

-Do you guys have any thoughts about keeping some time between diving (oxidating) and taking medication or supplements?

My LLND doesn’t know. I’m his first patient on mhbot…!

-Haley, did your doc who recommended you S.O.D. while you were on oxygen from a concentrator say something about a time in between?

I feel mhbot is very supportive to my body, from a deep level. It feels good I’ve started it. 

I will update when I have more experience to tell about…

Wishing you all progress,
also to the ‘quiet’ divers and diving families!
(who are possibly reading along) I hope you feel support from diving.

Take care,

Survivorgirl1

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Survivorgirl1

Thanks for the recap! I also am following many people who are doing mHBOT, but do not choose to be on Lymenet.

I have some thoughts on your questions, based on my own experience, and what I have observed with others who are doing well.

With people who are on a lot of medications and supplements, and have not become well over time with this protocol, mHBOT appears to be a 2 phase process.

Phase 1 consists of doing mHBOT daily, with the goal of supporting the body enough through mHBOT to gradually remove as many toxic influences as possible . This includes antimicrobials and most supplements (under doctor's supervision, of course). During this time, they are focusing on improving nutrition for rebuilding and repair of the gut, immune and nervous system. (Many people are initially tempted to try to move the process along with ancillary detox therapies; but many find that this may overwhelm the system and actually interfere with their mHBOT progress.)

Phase 2 is a continuation of regular, daily mHBOT, which supports rebuilding and repair, with a continual focus on nutrition and graded exercise.

It is a simple protocol, which is ironically difficult for many to follow, because they are so used to following complex routines. It is based on the fact that mHBOT itself is very powerful, and treats so many facets of chronic illness. One of the most important benefits besides detoxification at the cellular level is improvement of immune function so that the body can resume the upper hand against invaders, as it was designed to do.

Regarding when to take antimicrobials in relation to mHBOT sessions (for those who are still on them), it would make sense to take them as far away from your mHBOT dive as possible (but again, clear this with your doctor). The same "rule" applies to acupuncture sessions or homeopathy; practitioners often recommend that you allow these therapies to "do their thing" with as little interference as possible for a period of time after the session.

There is also evidence that HBO can potentiate some medications, and reduce the effectiveness of others, so that is something to keep in mind as well.

Although it is documented that HBO may potentiate antibiotics, this may be of more practical benefit with conditions such as chronic wounds, rather than chronic illness such as Lyme disease, where people's systems are already very toxic (my observation only).

In terms of the free radical action produced by HBO...free radicals are a necessary part of the picture, because they have negative impact on pathogens (they are also produced naturally by the body for antimicrobial purposes).

It has been shown that in response to HBO, the body creates additional antioxidants (e.g., SOD) to protect our own cells from damage. There is a balance here that must be struck...too much oxygen can cause "oxidative stress", and too many antioxidants (e.g., possibly supplemental SOD) may not allow the free radicals to do their work against pathogens.

"More is not necessarily better..."

[ 08-30-2014, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Phoiph ]

joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Thank you SurvivorGirl1 and Phoiph as always.

Trying to recover from a major very long flare, have been taken off IV and now starting (very slowly) an aggressive oral protocol to address Bart before going after the Bb since my most severe symptoms are from horrible brain involvement, although with this last flare very "MS" type symptoms came back, not able to walk, severe body wide pain etc.

As soon as I am stabilized I plan to get the machine in the house and begin. Following this thread closely and wishing you all the BEST!

Survivorgirl1
Member # 44031

Phoiph,

I’ve enjoyed reading your success story with just doing mhbot (along with diet and eventually graded exercise). Thanks for your thoughts about time between diving and medication, let it do its ‘thing’.

I see you’re worried about people can add (more) toxins with medication and supplements. And that you and a number of the people you follow, are proof that it is possible that just using mhbot (plus) can get someone symptom-free. Hope is alive… [Smile]

I’m still balancing, I try to be carefull with toxins (or overwhelming) and at the same time I’m also not yet feeling enough confidence to rely completely on just mhbot.
Some supplements support me to just get through the day. And I (and my doc) want to concurrently treat my co-infections, at least for now.

I’ve read your view about this, your immune system eventually could take care of things like that. Reading that gives me a calm feeling, that I have this stable foundation of mhbot supporting on so many different facets.

There are so much differences between how and to what extend people respond to treatment. I suppose these differences also exists with mhbot and maybe that can cause a need to individual adjustments and combinations.
Sharing and reading different experiences all helps me to make choices in my journey to recovery, and to get inspiration and stay motivated. Thanks all! [Smile]

Phoiph, or someone else, have you heard of people before, that feel changes (down and up) to every single treatment right from the beginning, or am I some kind of weirdo on that?
Oxygen seems like a totally new thing to my body! [Wink] I was thinking it might have something to do with my carbonmonoxide poisoning or my 92% of failing mitochondria slowly awakening...

Oh well if someone recognise something I say please do respond.

Wishing you all well!
Joahsark, I hope you’ve killed a lot of it in your IV flare, hold on…

Survivorgirl1

Haley
Member # 22008

Survivorgirl - I would reply to your question, but I don't completely understand it - maybe it's my encephalitis [Wink]

You said "have you heard of people before, that feel changes (down and up) to every single treatment right from the beginning, or am I some kind of weirdo on that?"

Are you saying changes after every mHBOT treatment, such as herx like changes or healing changes, what type of changes?

I have only done 5 dives so I don't have much to report yet. Yesterday I had much more energy than usual, but today I'm in bed all day.

I am trying to decide if I should dive in the morning or the evening. What do most people do? I was going to do it early in the morning so I would be done for the day, but I find that I get hit with extreme fatigue, so I think I will do it in the evening before bed.

Next week I will experiment with adding exercise, just 5 minutes every other day. It doesn't sound like much, but it kicks my butt completely. I use a pilates DVD, I can choose a 5 minute workout or a 50 minute workout, it's difficult stuff. I will add an additional 5 minutes each week until I am up to 50 minutes or 1 hour. God willing!

Some changes that I notice already -

1. The color of my skin. My pasty whitish, yellowish appearance has become more tan or pink. This shows me that the blood is circulating.

2. Wounds healing quickly. I had an experience with a cut and a burn that healed very rapidly. This shows me the healing capacity on a cellular level at least in the skin.

3. Moments of lucidity in my mind. I have noticed this on a few occasions, usually when I have had a bit of a break from the oxygen and a good nights sleep. I'm still waiting for for my brain to switch on. Cognitive problems, fatigue and weakness are my worst symptoms.

This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  57  58  59   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement