LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » PARASITE WARRIORS SUPPORT THREAD (Page 20)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: PARASITE WARRIORS SUPPORT THREAD
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been taking ivermectin for 5 days. I started eating Greek yogurt again for breakfast. Is this an ok meal while treating parasites?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes indeed as long as it is plain and you don't add any sugary things to it.

Greek yogurt is higher in protein than regular, runnier yogurt and has good bacteria in it.

When I was doing strict low carb, there was some research that indicated that the naturally occuring sugars in plain Greek yogurt was actually consumed by the bacteria.

So the sugars listed on the label were analyzed in the batch, but actual sugars may be lower.

If you can add something high in fibre to the yogurt to help detox the toxins from your parasite meds.

Enjoy [Smile]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

I usually add a banana and shaved almonds to it. berries If I have them. I didn't have this for the longest time while taking Mepron, and I missed it.
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone here get mouth sores, really painful roof of mouth, together with head pressure and skull pressure? UGH, this is ALL NEW.

The full moon was TERRIBLE, I don't think I slept at ALL. That is the first time it has been so noticeable to me. I am not on any treatment except Buhner bartonella and mycoplasma herbs but going downhill fast.

I don't want to kill parasites to release more bart, when the bart I have doesn't respond to the meds for it! Anyone have any insight? Lymeboy, Surprise, others with bart?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CD57, I could talk about Bart for a long time, but I'm going to make this short. I read this line last week:

Bartonella will root itself in the intestinal wall.

This clicked with me, as I have had Bart come back after having it tamped down pretty good. I'm on Bactrim DS (first time)

and oh boy. Cipro a few weeks ago for a UTI knocked me up.
I don't know how your gut health is, how your diet is- but, I think the parasites/ yeast/ bacteria hang out in a sludge

and need to be taken out. Sometimes I wonder: all this in this little body- how- caked on intestines? Pulling off organs?

Once you start seeing parasites leaving, it makes you want to get them all out best you can. Nasty and not right.

Getting the Bart down makes my mind sharper- but it's crazy on the multifaceted die off.

P.S. I had Bart tamped down pretty good and tried to walk away, but started getting more frequent gut attacks- my gut wasn't right.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

I'm flying blind with Bart right now. The only thing I am treating is parasites. I have no means to treat it whatsoever right now. It has been the worst infection for me by far. The depressive/anger elements have already crept back. I have no answers, in fact, I am all but ready to throw in the towel. I won't, but I'd like to. Something inside of me seems to have given up a while back. The bart isn't going anywhere for me.
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This full moon was terrible!

I don't know why, but it really kicked the you-know-what out of me.

I had such great results with Rifampin.

For the first month.

Now things are on the downslide.

I am very agitated, everything annoys me, my eyes are bothering more.

It's the agitation an anger that bother me the most.

I feel like the rifampin isn't working anymore, with any of the others I've paired it with.
This sounds ridiculous but I feel like the rifampin awoke the sleeping bear.

If this agitation keeps up...

I don't know what I will do.

I can't give any advice CD. I'm sorry.

It does feel like forward progress when I see worms exiting though.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymeboy,CD57

The bart for me was eradicated with extensive parasite tx. Remember that the parasites protect and carry the bacteria in their coats, so getting them out is imperative. Also extra cloves kills the eggs. PLEASE don't give up. Peristence is key.

CD57, I would def add in antiparasitics and salt/c to your protocol. If you don't kill the parasites, the battle can seem futile.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CD57, check on one of my recent posts. There was someone who spoke of her daughter having these symptoms. I think she attributed to bart. I have had some of this, but not to the extent you describe.

I did have something called a 'fistula' on the roof of my mouth, which was connected to a terribly infected tooth, which needed to be extracted. This was a root canaled tooth and the infection had traveled to the bone.

I have a 'retention cyst' in the lower sinus right above where this infection was and I constantly wonder if bartonella or some other bacteria or parasite have made their home in my sinus... I am going to see a 3rd biological dentist about this in a few weeks.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Gael, bart is parasite related. Bart likes to flare on me before the full moon. A-bart helps me with the flares.

Gael, thank you for telling us about bart (inspirational)! It sounds like it took a long time to eradicate. I will be patient. [Smile]

[ 05-27-2014, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: faithful777 ]

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peyjad
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peyjad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started the last batch of parasite meds, Albendazole, and am experiencing the tip of my tongue get tingly and burning sensation. Almost like I burnt it. Not all the time but I especially notice it when I drink something hot... Any thoughts? Maybe a side effect since it started other same time?
Posts: 93 | From PA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bart just flares on me all the time. I can't believe that I can be on heavy duty meds for it that do NOT kill it. Hideous Rifampin for months, mycobutin, Levaquin, etc...the fact that you guys can at least knock it back with meds is amazing. I have to keep trying diff things.

Lymeboy do you feel like bart is related to parasites for you?

Parasite treatment has NOT helped so far but I will keep trying stuff.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peyjad, I've had that before. I think it's due to a B-12 deficiency or yeast.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/45176?#000002

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/82417?#000000

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peyjad
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peyjad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Catgirl. Went to llmd thursday and she thought the same thing. Definitely a weird sensation . She gave me b6 though so i am confused lol. Guess I'll give that a try and if no relief I'll get b12

Thanks!

Posts: 93 | From PA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bringing this back up for Truesun to review for lungworms.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it important to take breaks from parasite treatment?

I have been battling 3 years now. I have knocked the load down because I did gain the much-needed 15 lbs. back I had lost. I rotate pharmaceuticals and Parastroy...taking Parastroy 3 weeks and then meds one week...sometimes 2 weeks Parastroy, 2 weeks meds. I have not been taking a break.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmb
Unregistered

RZR,

I think I read on the Parastroy or Hunaworm sites to take breaks between treatments

I just started Parastroy this past October 12. On the 14th and 15th I had some medium night sweats noticed mostly when I woke up at 3:00 am with damp hair. The sweats stopped, but then have returned the past two nights/mornings.

Is this common, or is my babs making another comeback? The only ABX I've started to take after my recent round of Coartem is minocycline.

gmb

Catgirl
Member # 31149

RZR, I think it is a good idea to give your body a rest. I was watching Dr. Oz today and he had a segment on parasites. It was good! The guest doc he had on said that it is important to take a break from wormwood. I've wondered this myself as I am not testing (energetically) for it right now. I'm not even testing for the meds. Maybe a good time for just the salt/c.

Also, for anyone who didn't see the segment today (Dr. Oz), the guest doc said that even the best parasite tests (the newer ones) are only 50% accurate (the older ones, the ones they still test most patents with are even lower).

Gmb, sounds like babs or proto.

--------------------

slayadragon
Member # 16153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slayadragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little less than two years ago, I found that I had a tapeworm in my small intestine. Quite large! I started by using praziquantel, but that released a monumental amount of what seemed to me heavy metal into my system, causing me to go from mostly functional to pretty sick. I found some articles that suggested that tapeworms can sequester much higher burdens of heavy metal in their tissue (something like 300x) than their fish hosts, and so my reaction started to make sense to me. Later, I read on this thread that Dr. K says that the worm sequesters the metal in its coat as a defense mechanism against the immune system, and that made even more sense.

Since then, I have been focusing on detoxing metals, mostly through Medicardium EDTA suppositories. Finally about six months ago, I got to the point where I felt like I was able to go back to killing the tapeworm again, though the metals release has been pretty brutal at times. I have been using a mixture of diatomaceous earth, ozone water and herbal parasite formula. And lots and lots of enemas, mostly coffee enemas but other kinds as well.

I feel like I am getting toward the end, but this is still rough. The parasite releases a variety of toxins and also seems pretty stuck in the intestine. Has anyone been through this with a tapeworm? Do you have any suggestions?

Posts: 35 | From Chicago Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Yes. You have to use more binders, and more than once per day. Coffee enemas definitely help clear the toxins, but they don't get them all out. You need something to bind them and carry them out of your body. DE is good, but IMO, not enough. I would use something that has some clay in it.

Also, my doc told me that for people with babs, it's harder to get the worms out. They don't let go very easily--you have to keep working at it.

--------------------

slayadragon
Member # 16153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slayadragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've used this clay in the past but not felt like it was that helpful. I wonder if something else would be better.

http://www.amazon.com/Yerba-Prima-Bentonite-Detox-Ounce/dp/B00016XI7A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383574815&sr=8-1&keywords=bentonite

Posts: 35 | From Chicago Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

I forgot to ask, how did you find the tapeworm? That is awesome you found it! Did you have it surgically removed (you said it was quite large)?

I like Detox2 by Byron White (greenandhealthy.com). The sheet my doc gave me said it has the capability of pulling thousands of toxins out of the body.

Here are some notes as well as binders that Gigi posted in the past (great info):

..."The need for binders is always present. If you don't pay attention to them and use them, you will find the same toxins circulating your body again and again and that is why so many people never seem to be able to get well.

we need to do the same when treating parasites. because the system gets flooded with the toxins they held. Usually serious metal toxicity shows up after a parasite kill, and that as sure as day turns to night, is followed with fungal toxin release that feels just as miserable -- unless you prepare with binders several times a day.

Half hour before all meals and at night time.

Killing bugs and almost any therapy or act that mobilizes becomes sort of useless unless you prepare with binders.

Neurotoxins are present for thirty-some years, is what Dr. K. said many times, unless you work with binders."

quote:Originally posted by GiGi:
Binders and Detox Remedies:

Biosil (Connective tissue and intercellular detox)

Charcoal (Binds toxins, Diarrhea) 2 capsules very 2-3 hours up to 8 total in 24 hours. Capsulres are preferred to tablets. Use only as needed - it will compete for absorption with food and other nutrients. I used to take them at bedtime, with nothing else.

Chlorella (pyrenoidosa or vulgaris)

Apple Pectin

DMG (dimethylglycine) Assists chemical detox

Green Clay/ Calcium Bentonite Living Clay (suffocates larval forms of parasites and toxins in the gut. 1 tsp 2x/d in small amount of juice (berry juice works best). May need to be given with 1 tablespoon of ground flax to prevent constipation.

Microsilica (detox/put in Klinghardt Lyme Cocktail)

Cholestyramine (primarily for mycotoxins). Rx. always without aspartame.

Cholestepure

... Alternating is always a good thing. Don't take charcoal too often - but it works when you really feel miserable from die-off. Take it when you know meds are causing die-off ---- not days later...

--------------------

gmb
Unregistered

I just finished my first bottles of Parastroy after a month off ABX while on Coartem starting in mid Sept. I also got back on Salt/C with the parastroy. My stools remained fairly consistent thru this period and I know that everyone may not see bugs exiting.

Over the past 3 weeks I have had a return of cyclical night sweats, peripheral neuroprophy, and brain fog. Yesterday was the worse with what felt like I had a kidney stone, and the pain and
sweats/chills put me in bed for most of the day. But the pain and sweats passed in six hours as fast as it began.

Today I'm doing OK. So what gives? Yesterday was the worse day in many years of TX. I did start Plaquenil on last Wednesday, but I've taken it before with no reaction.

I'm also on Mino, colloidal silver, Burner's CSA blend, and Japanese knotweed. I'll add Rifampin maybe tomorrow and stay with 2 tsp Salt/C per day.

Comments? Next steps for parasites? I see my LLNP on Nov 19, and hopefully she will have some good take-aways from the ILADS conference.

thanks

gmb

[ 11-04-2013, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: gmb ]

slayadragon
Member # 16153

I found out about the tapeworm when I did a 5-day fast with parasite herbs and then started eating nothing but produce for a while. It released a bunch of eggs, irregular shapes but sort of like rice. And so when I looked up what that could be, I realized it was a tapeworm. (Which made sense considering other symptoms I had had.)

So then right away I tried the Praziquantel. A huge amount of stuff (bright yellow!) came out, but I was overwhelmed by the metals release. So I didn't do follow-up on the drug and the whole thing grew back. I think it is about the same size as it was the first time.

So after concluding that the metals were the main problem, I used about 60 boxes of Medicardium (EDTA suppositories) and some DMSA suppositories, and have done literally thousands of coffee enemas.

I also did a lot of csm early on. I was doing really scrupulous mold avoidance at the time, and that seemed to prompt my body to release a lot of the mycotoxins. The stuff the worm released felt more like metals to me, or at least definitely different.

I was very sick for a very long time (bedridden, close to death, etc.), and so I guess it's not surprising that my methylation system would have shut down and allowed all these metals to accumulate. And the worm to benefit from them. I am almost well now, except for this one issue, I think. It is a challenge though!

I've used most of the binders on that list. But what seems to have been most helpful recently has been the coffee enemas (e.g. 5 per day) and the Medicardium.

I've been more proactive in the killing stuff recently. It feels like a lot of dead matter is wedged in my small intestine. So I am hoping to get that out. Maybe castor oil shots (which the Gerson therapy uses), though I do dread those.

I wish I knew more people with this sort of illness who had addressed a large tapeworm successfully! All I keep hearing from people is how hard it is. Which I already know. [Smile]

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hilda Clark says 3,000 mg of COQ10 in the morning on an empty stomach will kill tapeworm.

Do you think they could be seen on a CT scan?
Would they even tell you?
Curious.

--------------------
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

gmb,

you have to stay on antiparasitics indefinitely and then maintenance. You can either continue with the Parastroy or switch to Hanna Kroeger Wormwood kit or Humaworm. Add extra cloves, digestive enzymes and slowly continue to ramp up on salt/c.

If you herx too much, take a break until it calms down. Your symptoms of brain fog and neuropathy are a herx. Warm water enemas help release toxins and dead and dying parasites.

I did 6 mos of herbs and it wasn't until I added salt/c did I have a mass exodus of parasites. It can take several yrs to get rid of this kind of infection.

It takes persistence and a consistent effort to get rid of these buggers, They just hang on for dear life. Some of them (roundworms) lay 200,000 eggs a day.

You can also increase the Parastroy to 3 each 2 x a day after the 3rd week. Just keep going and research all you can about getting rid of parasites.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Slayadragon, I have never met anyone who killed just one tapeworm. I did see a guy who had one surgically removed before though (he was on the Dr. Oz show). It was huge! I believe we all have parasites and where there is one form, there are likely more. Your progress is so inspirational none the less. It is awesome that you are almost well!

Killing certain worms has been brutal for me as well. The toxins they release can be so intense. Binders in addition to coffee enemas have helped. The more binders, the better I feel. And salt/c really helps on those bad days (flushes out the toxins and supports my body at the same time). When in doubt, I reach for the salt/c.

Have you tried castor oil packs to break up what you feel is dead matter? Sometimes they help to push things through.

--------------------

slayadragon
Member # 16153

Thanks Catgirl. That is very interesting that someone had a tapeworm surgically removed. Intestinal surgery is really hard on the body though. So I would be pretty reluctant to do that, personally. Though the idea of getting it over with does have an appeal.

I do take a lot of vitamin C (maybe 15-20 g recently), but in capsules. And I do think that is really helpful for flushing these out. Also I like Mag07, which is an oxygen delivery system that supposedly dissolves things in the intestines.

How much Vitamin C and how much salt do you use? Do you take them together? Does it matter if you use the salt on food?

Did you ever see this video of a tapeworm found during a colonoscopy? That is the color I witnessed too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQhaO1pWztw

I looked up info about castor oil packs on the web. That looks like a good idea but possibly really messy!

glm1111
Member # 16556

Coconut oil applied directly around the area of the small intestine and abdomen is a very good way to help kill these infections. Doesn't stain clothes as far as I can see and has really helped me heal through the yrs.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael, do you eat coconut oil also?

How often do you apply the coconut oil to your abdomen?

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

The castor oil packs become easier, and you figure out tricks to make them less work.

They really are effective for me.

I started adding coconut oil to my hot drinks (internal consumption) and I think the extra fat has stressed my gallbladder :-/

--------------------
doing okay!

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know if your spouses/partners need to be treated for parasites while you are? I just wonder about the vicious cycle of passing these monsters back and forth.

Today, I saw some awful looking things that freaked me out in the toilet. I am so grossed out that these are inside of me.

The only protocol I am using is MMS enema and cloves daily with daily tbs of food grade diatomaceous earth. Also on A Bart and cordyceps with many homeopathics and nutritional support.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

You're welcome Slayadragon. [Smile] Wow that youtube video is gross but fascinating at the same time. I've always thought docs just ignored parasites.

The salt/c I take is from the salt/c protocol (great book on amazon). Gael (the awesome woman who started this thread) saw amazing results after she started using it. I don't want to speak for her, but everything she has posted convinced me that salt/c was key to getting these creatures out.

I feel so much better after I take it. You start with 1/4 tsp of sea salt added to 1/4 tsp of powdered vitamin C in a big glass of water (I use 2 cups of water, and Esther C powder). I started taking it once per day, then after a while twice per day. I either sip it throughout the day, or take it on an empty stomach. You have to go very slow when increasing the dosage though (I think it's best to read the book). I went even slower than that though--lol (chicken)!

Surprise is right about castor oil packs. My first couple were messy, but like anything else (coffee enemas, etc), you get it down pat in no time. And Gael's suggestion about the coconut oil is a great idea. I forget to do this sometimes (lyme brain). I'm not really sure where my small intestine is, so I just massage some in around the gall bladder area.

--------------------

slayadragon
Member # 16153

I read this whole thread at one point but don't remember all of it. And Salt C is one protocol that I've not done. Is it supposed to kill the parasites or do something else in addition to that?

I will try using coconut oil externally.

I have been increasing the amount of ozone water that I have been taking and right now am feeling that there may be something inside my stomach, giving me kind of a stabbing feeling. It feels too high up to by in my intestines. That is rather scary.

It is ridiculous how little conventional medicine knows about everything associated with this sort of illness, including the parasites. I read the journal article associated with that You Tube video, and it sounded like the sufferer had some kind of chronic mystery disease. And after they gave her drugs to address the tapeworm, she did not get much better. Which is not really a surprise to me. That would have just been one part of the problem.

Catgirl
Member # 31149

It sounds like parasites (stabbing feeling).

Salt/C works really well to kill off parasites, especially when you include anti parasitic herbs (in the same day). But like Gael said above (response to gmb), you have to keep at it, and maintenance is forever.

IMO, killing off parasites with anything helps to knock lyme back (salt/c included). When I did just salt/c though, lyme was still flaring for me. But when I added anti parasitic herbs, that was when I noticed lyme on the run. It didn't last long though.

I think the key is to rotate everything or the bugs adapt. That said, I was taking a weak dose of salt/c. I may have made more progress upping my dose. It's hard to do all of this while removing metals as well.

I agree, it is ridiculous how little conventional medicine knows. We've all been sold a bill of goods growing up believing they know best, and to trust whatever they say. Yet they completely ignore parasites, lyme, etc.

They firmly believe parasites only exist in underdeveloped countries. They stopped using their brains, and simply followed their textbooks/mentors. No room to grow beyond that when their mentors keep regurgitating old standards too.

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Dbpei, it's not a bad idea. I believe Dr. K treats the spouse as well. I know with pin worms you treat the whole family. I am also happy to hear you are making progress with the MMS, cloves and DE. [Smile] A-Bart is good stuff too.

My husband doesn't have anywhere near the problems I do, so he doesn't treat as often as I do. That said, after seeing what came out of me, he is treating again (lol!). He started on MMS and humaworm 10 years ago. The guy was so ahead of the pack, and light years ahead of me (lol)!

I completely understand your disgust over the gross creatures. Try not to freak out. We all have them, IMO. They are part of this earth. Their eggs are so tiny, they are easily missed (food, water, air). Their job is to stay hidden in their host. You are doing so well getting rid of them!

--------------------

dbpei
Member # 33574

Thanks for your encouragement, Catgirl. [Wink] I need to keep remembering that it is good to be getting these disgusting things out of me, even though I am not happy to see them!

I am having so many strange sensations in my face and ears today. (more than the usual that I complain about) Wondering if they are invading that area too!

Catgirl
Member # 31149

You're welcome! Yes, remember that you are making progress--it takes time.

No doubt the bugs are there. They go everywhere they can. I get weird feelings like a bug or spider web is on my face, or something is under my skin around my nose, chin and mouth--yet, nothing is there.

I notice it when I'm hitting the bugs with parasitic meds, or herbs. I've even had tiny seed like things exit from the corners of my eyes (Gael has mentioned this before too). And ears, don't get me started (lol)! My ears are so much better now.

--------------------

LuluBelle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38865

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuluBelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help for a newbie please.

What to use for the salt/C protocol ?

I know to start low dose and work up. But what exactly to use. Plain seasalt and plain vitamin C, but any other guidelines for these ?

Just check and be sure the label says Ingredients: Sea Salt ?

For the Vitamin C I assume it should be vitamin c and nothing else? I ask because there alot of vitamin c supplements that contain calcium, magnesium etc.

If it is plain vit c. Is it OK to to a vitamin c with cal, mag etc separate from the salt/C ?

Sorry to "bug" you guys with a beginner question. I did try to find the answer - but there are 20 pages !

It could be helpful to have this protocol at the top of every page.

Thanks !

--------------------
You won't know how sick I was until you see me when I'm well !

Posts: 123 | From Colorado | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

I use Esther C powder with boflavinoids by American Health(8oz) and buy it at Vitacost. I also use Real Salt sea salt and order it from Vitacost in the 26oz size.

I mix the two together in a glass of water and drink extra water. Coconut water is also very beneficial to help balance electrolytes and is high in potassium.

Hope this helps you.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

LuluBelle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38865

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuluBelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gael !

--------------------
You won't know how sick I was until you see me when I'm well !

Posts: 123 | From Colorado | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Your welcome. keep us posted and Good Luck!

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

slayadragon
Member # 16153

What is the ultimate target dose for the Salt-C protocol?

I have been taking 10-20 g of Vitamin C a day for a while. I eat a fair amount of salt anyway, but maybe it doesn't count if it is on food (though truly that does not make a lot of sense to me unless you need to totally fast to do this).

But today I dissolved a tablespoon of salt in water and drank that. It did not seem like too bad of a thing to do either. (A mixture of grey sea salt and pink sea salt.)

I also am taking anti-parasite herbs, diatomaceous earth (1-2 scoops per day), and periodic ozone water.

It does seem to be irritating the worm (which appears to be right at the junction of where my stomach and small intestine meet). But whether I can kill it with this natural stuff, I don't know.

I wonder if I should be doing praziquantel instead.

I wish this were more charted territory!

glm1111
Member # 16556

slayadragon,

NOT advisable to start at 1 tablespoon of salt!! RAMPING UP SLOWLY is what the protocol calls for. Otherwise you could really find yourself in a very bad herx.

I started with 1/4tsp each sea salt and 1/4tsp vit C per day in a glass of water and ramped up 1/4tsp at a time according to how I was herxing. I also took antiparasitic herbs, digestive enzymes, coconut oil, coconut water, extra cloves and kefir.

I worked my way up to 20gm each over time (1tsp 4 x a day in divided doses) I think the suggested dose is more like 12 gms a day.

Best to buy the salt/c plus book from Amazon for guidance.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

slayadragon
Member # 16153

Well, I've been working on killing this tapeworm for nearly two years and have detoxified massive amounts of both metals and biotoxins already (over the past six years since starting mold avoidance). And I'm basically recovered from "this disease" -- all that seems left of it is this parasite. So probably I'm working from a different vantage point than most other people.

I don't feel like the salt has made much of a difference compared to what I was already doing. But I will try continuing with that same amount, except it sounds like it's better to split it up over the course of the day.

Have you encountered anyone who has managed to address a large tapeworm effectively, Gael? I wonder if there is anything else that I might learn from them.

Catgirl
Member # 31149

It's full moon time again. How is everyone doing?

Hang in there, just a few more days. :)

--------------------

GretaM
Member # 40917

Oooh Catgirl! Is it full moon yet?! This is a tough couple of days!

Ice pick headaches at 2am.
Projectile vomiting at 3am.

Every joint and tendon irritated.

Eyes SO dry.
Spleen "twinging"
Zero appetite.

I am on heavy duty combination antibiotics.

Should I wait till they are done to take albendazole and ivermectin?

Or can I do ivermectin and albendazole while on heavy duty abx?

I don't want to stress my liver. The abx I am on are heavy hitters to the liver and kidneys.

LymeSwimmer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeSwimmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So - this is the first time I have had a serious herx in sync with the full moon. Definitely outside the 1 month herx cycles that i have been having with Abx treatment.

Would you say that having a herx with the full moon is solely indicative of parasites or can lyme do this as well?

Nonetheless - hitting parasites with herbs and salt/c is on the schedule to do in a couple of months

Posts: 118 | From New England | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Greta,

you can use this emoticon for the bloody murder, screaming, hair pulling you experienced. [woohoo] just label your feelings behind it.

So sorry you had/have to go through that, but I can sure relate. Hope you feel better soon.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Watching Michael J Fox on Rachel Ray this morning. He was originally dx with Lyme disease yrs ago and then given the secondary dx of Parkinson.

Everytime I see him move and squirm I can't help but feel he has large G.I. worms causing this movement. Is it just me being fixated on parasites, or does anyone else see or think this is a possibility?

Have to say though he doesn't seem to be suffering which is great and has a new TV show.

Wish him well of course.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Greta, you poor thing. You definitely need the lyme treatment. I am not sure I would do the iver or albenza while on heavy duty abx. The parasite meds are so strong, I don't think I could handle it. Our livers can only take so much. And if you happen to be on diflucan on top of that, it can be even more taxing on the liver with all things combined.

I would probably just try the herbs first. You can also try adding salt/c (1/4 tsp of each) after a while (if you are doing okay on the herbs). My liver couldn't take much salt on abx, so the herbs were a good option for me.

I used to have dry eyes too. Mine were so dry that I used to get up and cup my hand with some water then bend over and dip my eye in my cupped hand of water. It gave me instant relief. Hang in there!

LymeSwimmer, it's hard to say if your herx is from parasites, lyme or both. It took me some time before I nailed my herxes down (try keeping a journal).

--------------------

Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What tests and by what labs have you all taken to diagnose what parasites and co-infections you have?

I am guessing that I just have Bb, since herbal treatment has gotten rid of my heavy neurological symptoms and muscle aches. Just light joint aches (migrate), and numbness/sensitivity in my left hand & fingers that has not gone away and actually is increasing in which areas of hand now.

But if I also have parasites or co-infections to treat, I would like to know.

I was fortunate enough to recognize recently that my symptoms were Lyme, and get positive testing, so hopefully not too much damage done yet. But I did get it in 2009, just not bad symptoms until a few months ago.

Thanks for any suggestions for testing.

Posts: 254 | From North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keinbinder
Member # 42794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keinbinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone here taken ivermectin?
i took it three days in a row last week and have never felt so bad in all my treatment. i feel nauseated, weak, horrible headache, etc.. hasnt gone away yet and i havnt taken it in about 5 days...
is this normal?
i am prone to herxing, but i have not herxed this bad from anything.
i also started ababs but only a very low dose, like a few drops.
thanks

Posts: 11 | From san diego | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keinbinder
Member # 42794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keinbinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how do you follow your own post in this thread? sorry, i am new to this...
Posts: 11 | From san diego | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
keinbinder,

Best to create a new posting IMO.

You'll bet more replies this way.

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone told Keinbinder to post here. I posted on your post kein.

Tapeworms come off in segments - not eggs. The segments are wiggly but they dry up and look like a piece of rice. My cats get them all the time. Ivermectin will not kill tapeworms.

I am going to the NP on Monday for IV EDTA to degrade the biofilm and chelate some heavy metals. I hope it works.

I have been taking a lot of anti-parasitic drugs and herbs including ivermectin, Alinia, albendazole, and mimosa pudica. Now I think BLO is coming out because I have had a lot of irritation and slightly sore soles of my feet in the AM.

I have not had an increase in symptoms with full moons for nearly two years but this last full moon was horrific. I have never been so anxious.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

yes keinbinder, for me, Iver made me nauseous and woozy. I have gone through the whole Dr. K protocol, ending Alinia on Monday. It has been awful. Each drug had a specific herx and/or side effect . The Iver made me nauseous, killed my appetite and worn out. Albenza gave me really bad anxiety and aggression, as did Alinia. The Alinia has brought on a good deal of eye bulging headaches, making my eyes feel like they were popping out. After this entire protocol, I feel pretty burnt out. Not sure if I hit anything, or missed everything and the disease continued to progress. Because I feel worse right now. I've been trying to detox too, with coffee enemas, and chlorella/charcoal, but the anxiety levels are way out of hand. I'm going to take a few days/weeks just trying to detox and take nothing, and then starting scaling up with salt-c.
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Nancy, the tests suck (like or worse than the western blot). Most people who don't make much progress with lyme realize there is something else so they jump in and start treating parasites.

Keinbinder, your dose may have been too high. Some people can only handle one 3mg pill a day, or every other day. All of us are different, and have different things that affect our ability to detox: MTHFR, other gene variants, etc. Have you tried salt/c protocol with anti parasitics yet? They really help me. Also, you should detox right now, and take binders (will help you feel better). Try some chlorella and/or food grade diatomaceous earth (amazon).

Lymeboy, you feel bad because you killed a ton of stuff even if you didn't see it. The toxins are floating in your body (yeast too). You have to detox like crazy when on these meds. Yeast could be there even if you don't see symptoms, and it will make you feel terrible in general.

I would take all you can to support your immune system right now. Salt/c, vitamins, minerals, herbs, teas, soups, and everything else you're doing and some stuff for yeast.

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Keinbinder and Lymeboy, I forgot to mention that the parasite meds change for me each time I do them. Some much better, some worse, which is why we have to rotate them and alter doses.

--------------------

lymeboy
Unregistered

I do take chlorella and coffee enemas, though I realize that may not be enough. What is a relatively cheap way to thoroughly detox? What is an inexpensive way to combat yeast.

I think that Detox and yeast MAY be my biggest issues at this point. I took high dose, multiple abx for 3 years. I took probiotics, but I only did what I could afford. I don't have a lot of GI discomfort, but I've developed a weird throat clearing, where it feels like I have a lot of phlegm but it won't clear, usually after I eat. I clear my throat like nuts and drive myself and everyone around me crazy with the "Heh Hems".
Detox is something I'm not sure how to do 100% without help, and I cannot see a Dr. at this point in time. I drink green tea, do 3-4 coffee enemas /week, take Chlorella before meals and that is it right now. I wish I could do a series of IV's but I just cannot afford it. Even if I could I'd spend the money fixing my teeth that have fallen apart with this.

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymeboy, I lose my voice with PR. I wonder if your phlegm is the same thing. Another thing you can use to detox is cilantro. You need about 1/4 a cup of it though.

I was extremely anxious and irritable on albendazole and alinia. I didn't make the connection.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Lifting light weights (Burrascano) is cheap and it's by far the most beneficial form of detox I know. I just lift some tiny weights while I watch TV. Within 10 or 15 minutes I feel so much better. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but it works like clockwork. Also, exercising Burrascano's way kills lyme. It knocks my lyme into remission. You can also use lemon water to detox.

I get the eh, hems too. I think they are proto like Nefferdun said. If you get them right after you eat something with fat in it, there's your answer.

--------------------

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gale-what do you think of this?

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/3/32994?#000002

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you catgirl.

I looked at the symptom list for several of the parasites, and think the 2 B's do not apply, but some of the lesser known ones, maybe.

Posts: 254 | From North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

You're welcome Nancy. Have you checked out humaworm's symptom list? It's a good one.

https://humaworm.com/symptoms.html

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Greta, how are you doing, are you okay? Did you start doing parasite meds yet? I forgot that you were already doing salt/c. I couldn't do salt/c while on one of the parasite meds (hurt my kidneys).

--------------------

GretaM
Member # 40917

Hi Catgirl,

I am going OK. I took your advice regarding the antiparasites.

I decided not to do them while I am on abx.

I don't want to stress my liver or kidneys.

I am still doing salt/c. I ramped down for a while, but am ramping up again.

Did anyone else have a bad week "after" the full moon?

I am beginning to think I may have PR. Does it have a cycle?

How are you doing Catgirl?

Catgirl
Member # 31149

I'm glad you're hanging in there. :) Lyme and co infections are a lot to deal with. It's tough to do heavy duty abx and treat parasites at the same time. People do it, but I'm a bit more conservative treating everything (lightweight).

I'm doing better. Starting to figure out what works for me as far as proto goes. Diet is really helping (eating tons more food though since it's mostly veganish). I'm still chipping away at parasites & heavy metals. It's a never ending battle, but the more I kill, the better I feel. And the more metals I get rid of the better I feel too.

Everything started to flare the week after the full moon, but that may be part of proto, or parasites in general. When I cut fat and animal protein though, my babs, bart and lyme symptoms diminished (so worth it to feel better). So my week after turned out to be good. I am not sure about it having a cycle.

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

Ip,

Sorry, have been off line for a while since my computer crashed. To answer your question, I would follow up with some antiparasitic herbs and maybe low dose salt/c to make sure the pills hit all of the parasites and eggs.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a dark field live blood analyis again a few days ago. And there it was... some kind of nematode.

I was given Clarkia from my doc... a tincture based on Hulda Clarks detox protocol. I started with the recommened 15 drops and it gave me the worst head ache that 4 days later continues but not so bad today. Coffee enemas are helping.

I stopped taking Clarkia. Am I a whimp and should I tough this out and continue? Im thinking if i take that stuff again I'll start at 4 drops.

any opinions?

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

I can't deal with headaches.

The herxes can be tough. I would try using less drops and work up slowly. Remember to take more binders than usual.

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

Carmen,

you don't have to "hit yourself over the head" so to speak with doing too much. I would take a break and let the headache calm down. It's a herx symptom.

Then I would start at a lower dose and ramp up slowly. Pace not race is the motto for salt/c and I am sure could apply to other protocols.

Also, warm water enemas would be good to get the toxins and dead and dying parasites out of the lower colon.

Keep us posted.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been doing coffee enemas, they get rid of the headaches, and I'm hoping the buggers don't like coffee much either. [Wink]

Thanks.

I'm going to start again next week with 4 drops Clarkia after I receive my structured water device and change out the fluids in my body with structured water. I think this may help with detox. I'm hoping anyway.

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Carmen, yes, ramp up slowly on the Clarkia.

I'm assuming it had black walnut, Wormwood and clove in it, as well as others?

Those herbs are broad spectrum, and 15 drops could be killing more parasites than your body is able to detox.

Also, helminths/nematodes have concentrations of heavy metals in their bodies, so when they die, those metals are released.

I tend to do a warm water enema with salt added, before I do my coffee enema.

The saline water gets most eeverything out, which I hope, increases absorption of the coffee, and enables me to retain it longer.

I have also tried several herbals, and you are definitely using the right combo with the Clarkia.

I find sea salt and C really flushes the parasites out.

It is disgusting.

Leeintn
Member # 25999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leeintn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks catgirl.... I'm not able to go through all the thread so could someone tell me Dr K's anti parasite protocol using meds? I'm currently taking ivermetcin... I am seeing my doc soon and would like to have the info w/me
Thanks [Smile]

Posts: 83 | From Tennessee | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  29  30  31   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement