LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to General Support.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » New CD of Lyme Hits By the LYMENUTS (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: New CD of Lyme Hits By the LYMENUTS
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This Steere Tick thread is great ... beware the tick cling-ons...

The ticks go crawling eight by eight, Steere Tick, Steere Tick
The ticks go crawling eight by eight, Steere Tick, Steere Tick
The ticks go crawling eight by eight,
They beam up Scottie by his pate
And we all go warped speed
on tick bite Valhalla, insurances' dollah, ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!

[ 21. November 2006, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Abby -- I have just found out that ketes have eaten my chakras and my plexi, essentially leaving me plexiless. I tried to locate my deepest stirrings but I stirred not. I tried to locate my balance point but tripped over it. I tried to communicate what I was going through but only garbled my words, as in I bargled it. I did manage in spite of everything to become one with my ketes, however, so I guess all is not lost. What advice do you have for me?

--Sans Krit

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Sans krit,

Anyone who lets an unwelcome guest in and allows them to eat up their Chakra and plexi's needs better direction in their life.

Try not to trip over your lower lip when I tell you that becoming one with your chete's is not the best thing you can do...

In fact you should employ any and all means to rid yourself of same.

I know this advice isn't what you bargled for but it's the best I can do at this time...

zabbey..... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ticks go marching nine by nine

ducks say don't whine

The ticks go marching nine by nine

Make a BIG SIGN

As many as can should make a show

To protest so the media will know

That we're not taking this lying down

in the dirt, for a nap boom boom boom

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Klingons played by Ixodes scapularis

Uhura played by Tincup

it's not the enterprise its the Valhalla
gordi played by gorged Ixodes scapularis

Sulu played by Dr. Striker
who wants dax, o'brien, warf,picarrd????

docdave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Dear Abby/Zabbey --

I'm having a hard time locating my explexus, due to ketes having et my plexi. I would like a little more support from it, which is not forthcoming at this time. In fact, I haven't heard from my explexus in quite some time. Please advise.

--Bargled in Lymeland.

stymielymie
Member # 10044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stymielymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dear robin,
we've located your explexus,
it on the Borg mother ship.
it will be assimitated with the other explexus, on board.
Resistance is futile, since Captain Wormser is
in charge of explexuses or explexi.
you have no chance of ever seeing it again.

wait here comes captain stricker to the rescue.
but you have already been assimilated. tuff
luck.
maybe he can find your apaplexis or your
neuronexis, stay tuned to the continuing life of
lt. robin erlychiosis and her coinfections

docdave

Posts: 1820 | From Boone and Southport, NC | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw William Shatner on his present TV series, I was shocked at his periorbital edema.

He has so much swelling around the eyes.

I have this too, but not to his extent.
It can be caused by thyroid problems, probably triggered by Lyme.
Or maybe some other hormone problem triggered by Lyme.

Just some thoughts.
Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

i think his is from cortisone treatment over many years.
or he's just getting fat and old.
still has more hair now than in the 60's
how is that possible, and browner too!!!!!
jerry lewis also had same problem with cortisone
and food.

lol
docdave

stymielymie
Member # 10044

where's robin?????????

docdave

Walter Mitty
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
The ticks go crawling ten by ten-watch out watch out
The ticks go crawling ten by ten-watch out watch out
The ticks go crawling ten by ten
The IDSA wants your life to end
And WE all go marching down to New York
To get better again, COME ! COME! COME!.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Here I is!! Back from some strange outergalac-tick adventure with the cling-ons. And some explexi! They have some nerve, being so far out there.

I think you need a really good marching band for the NY rally, with some really good bass drums and y'all sing the Tick Marching songs! Xerox 'em for everyone!! BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Can any of you arrange this? I would if I were on the East coast!! Calling on high school/college marching bands -- do it!! Make some fun noise!! And all wear your closest version of lyme-green clothing...

And while you're at it, pick out and xerox some of the other songs from the Lymenuts collection to sing too --

Put the kids out in front for the kids' songs. Have them prance around while everyone sings the versions. Kids dressed as ticks, spirochetes, etc. Put all the I'm a Little Teapot Lymenut versions together on a page. Here's another:

We are little Lymenuts, hear us out!
This is our message: tick facts we spout.
We are good and ready -- hear us shout:
IDSA, you are out! IDSA, you are out!

[ 22. November 2006, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Robin123
Member # 9197

The ticks go marching 'leven by 'leven, at least, at least.
The ticks go marching 'leven by 'leven, oh yeast. Oh yeast?
The ticks go marching 'leven by 'leven,
We think they're rising much faster than leavening
bread, oh no, we're
dead from the ticks, see you down by the Styx
TOMB TOMB TOMB!

Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love the idea of a marching band at the rally. Everyone wear boots so we can squish bugs along the parade route.

Robin, I'm sure you're already working on the lyrics to "And when the ticks come marching in..."

Anyone know how to twirl a baton? Or a Bicillin syringe?

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Stymie's got a whole Steere Tick series coming. Our encounters with the cling-ons, the explexi, etc etc. Maybe some folks can dress as a Steere Tick cast at the NY rally.
Robin123
Member # 9197

Oh Jill, that song writes itself:

Oh when the ticks(boom,boom,boom,boom)
Go marching in(boom,boom,boom,boom)
Oh when the ticks go marching in(boom,boom)
Oh I don't want to be in that number
When the ticks go marching in(boom,boom)

Ok, another number for the band. Now you need a cast of ticks too.

I made one for my San Francisco city hall testimony on Halloween -- wrap four black plastic bags around a pillow case and poke their two tie loops out each time for a total of eight leg loops...et voila, un pet tick...

Robin123
Member # 9197

("Dites-moi"
from the musical
"South Pacific")

Dites-moi
Pourquoi
Dere are dese teek-as?

Dites-moi
Pourquoi
We are all seek-a?

Dites-moi
Pourquoi
De IDSA

Doesn't vant
Us to know
Lyme's ram-pant?

Robin123
Member # 9197

Let's see -- a little action for the rally -- the bicillin syringe tossers, the PICC-line dancers, the IV-ettes, the tickdraggers, the pillpoppers, the bloodtesters, the positive ELISAs can-can(yes, you can-can test positive), the coinfection groupies
stymielymie
Member # 10044

no makeup necessary for the raly .
we all have that beutiful pale green complection.

we can get the green hornet marching band
or the jets marching band wears lyme green.

we can get biily boy to be our spokesperson,
maybe if we name our price to wormser he can negotiate a sale.
we can tell him we want a 5 star ids not the 1 star they gave us.

docdave

Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I D S - A

I D S - A

Dormez- vous?

Dormez- vous?

We don't want your advice

We don't want your duck pies

Ding dong ding

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

IDSA, IDSA
You're on view, you're on view
We don't like your guidelines
Think they're less than sidelines
Get the gong, get the gong.

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

I think Shatner was all puffy around the eyes because of the corsette they had to string him into!

I mean he could'nt have lost all that weight I saw on him durring the comedy central roast last summer!

Ya push that much up something has to pop out!

Just ask Anna Nicole Smith!

zman [Eek!]

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Wishing everyone a happy thanksgiving --

Here's a thanksgiving Lyme ditty:

Thank you, Lymies, thank you, Lymies
for our songs, singalongs
Keep our ears aringing, our tinnitus singing
Try B flat, Bb scat.

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Hope you all had a Happy Turkey Day...

you too stymie!

Just wait till groundhog day!

Hey Doc...can we take your boat or lear jet up the coast to get to that protest?

zman

--------------------

stymielymie
Member # 10044

sold my jet to get presents for the lyme kids

the green santa has spoken

docdave

stymielymie
Member # 10044

what happens groundhog day tony???

do you wake up healthy and get bit by a tick again.

then you wake up the next morning healthy and
get bit by a tick again.

you'll never learn will you Tony,
stay out of the woods with the women.
use a bed not the grass.

docdave as dr. phil

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

No Stymie,

I was just in the thinking process for a retaliation of that Turkey day comment you made about it being TonyZ day!.....

Have'nt got one yet!

But I'm working on it!

So no lear jet huh?
Well crud....I REALLY would like to get to that rally....I just don't have big bucks...ya know!?

Maybe lansford is going....I'll have to give her an email and ask....
I did go into the websites and beg for a ride...I'm waiting to hear back.

zman

--------------------

stymielymie
Member # 10044

yo tony:
i think they need to lower your mellaril and haledal, did you say you were on thorazine and lithium also.

well you have delusions of granduer.
i never called you a turkey,
but if the turkey fits i suppose its true.

can't wait to see you at groundhog day.
i will come up to Pa just to see you in a cage.lol
i guess they better pad the cage with rubber sides also.
docdave

Robin123
Member # 9197

Hi all -- back from TG -- what a feast...hope everyone had a decent time...

Hey Tony -- hope you can get to the rally --

Stymie -- thx for organizing green santa for the kids --

Holiday song time coming up -- Lyme it up...

Ok -- I think we're up to 12 marching ticks...

The ticks go marching twelve by twelve, I dozen like.
The ticks go marching twelve by twelve, I dozen like.
The ticks go marching twelve by twelve,
It dozen make sense that they have to delve
In our skin and thereby
Shelve us away, from all we have been.
DUH, DUH, DOZ.

Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi robin! missed your showtunes!

IDSA, IDSA
You're so rude, you're so rude!
Didn't do your homework
Making us do twice the work
We are not amused

Now, about the William Shatner mystery...
I think it is just water retention.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Don't deck the halls with bows of holly
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
Ticks this season, so tis folly
Don we now our tick apparel
Fa la la, la la la, la la la.
Tick repellant -- yule lyme carol

Robin123
Member # 9197

In honor of the NY rally and continued actions...

(When Johnny comes marching home again)

Lyme activists are on the move, hurrah, hurrah!
Lyme activists are on the move, hurrah, hurrah!
Lyme activists are on the move,
We're finally finding our online groove,
And we're all Lymenetting,
IDSA, you'll be history some day!
TICKED, TICKED, TICKED!

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Hey stymie...what happened to this post for awhile...could'nt find it!

Oh well....
ya know dave one of us is a looney....did'nt you refer to turkey day as being synonymous with tonyzday?

If not...I'm going back on my iv meds....cuz my lymebrain is really comming back!

sweet talkin guy

he's a steere talkin guy
he's not our kinda guy
he's a steere talkin guy
he's a duck kinda guy

stay away from him, stay away from him
he'll start you cryin
stay away from him,stay away from him
he'll keep you die'in

he'll say it's all in your head
tomorrow he's in HMO's bed
he's a steere kinda guy
he's not our kinda guy

why do I hate him like I do ooh ooh ooh!

zman

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Sweet, or unsweet, as the case may be...did you get to the rally, TonyZ?

Ok, one for Chanuka --

(I have a little dreydl)

I have a little tickbite
I acquired it one day
And now I cry, unsteady,
I'm way dull as I say:

Oh, tickbite, tickbite, tickbite
I acquired it one day
Oh tickbite, tickbite, tickbite
I wish you'd go away!

My tickbite's always fateful
It loves to make me spin
A zappy aim from tickbite
I drop and I don't win.

Oh fatal, fatal, fatal,
I hope it's not that way,
Oh fatal, fatal, fatal,
Oh, keep my Lyme at bay!

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Hey Robin...

Don't you remember sweet talkin guy?

Anyway...no...I could'nt make the rally...I had a flareup of transient shingles like pain accross my lower back from hip to hip...

Really bad for a week and a half. Thought it would go away in time...it did'nt.

It's feeling better today.
It may have been a herxy thing due to switching to a cephalosporin durring my usual monthly flare(usually hits me around 20th every month).

I just can't wait for my december flare...Usually December and June are my worst months...a six month cycle....which is always worse than my usual monthly cycle...

SEE you girls are'nt the ONLY ones with a cycle!

I'm gonna call it....LCCS....Lyme Craziness cycle syndrome...it's worse than PMS...although I never experienced that in person...just nuttso women I've encountered in my life....LOL

zman

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Hi Tonyz -- sorry about your shingles case. Maybe we should call you a shingle singer, as in the swingle singers? [bonk]

Hm...a Lyme/co song on cycles...

Ok -- I'm offering up a cyclic song for today, the first day of December...

(Try to remember)

Try to remember -- don't think I remember --
Oh, life is slow and not so mellow.
When grass was green, a tick said "hello".

When I was so tender to you, tick fellow.
Try to remember -- I think my brain's ember
Is fallow.

Fallow, fallow, fallow, fallow, fallow
fallow, fallow, fallow, fallow.

Try to remember when I was so tender
When once a tick fell from a willow.
My dreams were lost beside my pillow.

That tick was a member about to billow.
Try to remember -- I do not remember --
I'm fallow.

Fallow, fallow, fallow, fallow, fallow,
fallow, fallow, fallow, fallow.

Deep in December, it's hard to remember
Although you know this song lies fallow.
Because we hurt, the heart will wallow.

The bite of tick member that made life jello.
Deep in December, it's hard to remember --
I'm fallow.

stymielymie
Member # 10044

ONE SONG FOR ME:
A Hard Day's Night
Beatles

It's been a hard day's night
And I've been HURTING like a dog.
It's been a hard day's night,
I should be sleeping like a log.
But when I get home to you,
I find the things that you do
Will make me feel LIKE CRAP.
You know I'M SICK ALL day
MY DISABILITY get's you money to buy you things.
And it's worth it just to SEE you GO,
You're gonna give me NOTHING.
So why on earth should I moan,
'Cos when I you LEAVE ME alone
I know I WILL BE okay.
When I'm home everything seems to be right.
When I'm home HOLDING MY DOGS tight, tight, yeah.
It's been a hard day's night,
I should be sleeping like a log.
But when I get home to AN EMPTY HOUSE,
I find the things that you DID
BUT I Will EVENTUALLY feel alright.
So why on earth should I moan,
'Cos when I AM ALL alone
I know I'LL feel okay.
When I'm home everything seems to be right.
When I'm home holding MY DOGS tight, tight, yeah.
AND I know I'LL feel alright.

DOCDAVE [cussing]

Robin123
Member # 9197

That one's yours, docdave -- nice to see you were able to write a song about it --
Robin123
Member # 9197

Oy to the world,
the ticks have come,
let all receive their Lyme.
Let ev'ry heart
prepare for doom.
To heaven with nature's zing,
to heaven with nature's zing,
to heaven, to heaven, with nature's zing.

Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Have you ever seen a Lymie
Go this way, go that way?
Go this way and that.
Get better, get herxy,
Go fishing, get murky
Go this way and that.

von
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for von     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two days now since I've heard the ringing rhyming in my head.
I try to turn them off but I hear every word that's said.

I really want to run away or cover up in bed,
But either way I'm still with me, and that includes my head.

Always, there inside my brain, this side talks to that,
Then one wants some quite time and the other wants to chat.

Usually they work together; often times they play,
But when they spend it bickering, it wastes away the day.

Sometimes it's a benefit, two heads inside my hat;
Then one gets mad, and demands to know `why did you say that!'

Posts: 258 | From Washington State | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Thanks, folks, for posting this way and that way... And then my other voice says thx too!

By the way, that's no rewrite from Von -- that's an original little poem...

Then my other voice says: that's no rewrite from Von -- that's an original little poem

And then we got together on another cheery xmas lymesong:

You better watch out,
We know you will cry,
We know you will pout,
We're telling you why:
Infected ticks are coming to town.

They're hard to resist,
You might get bit twice,
They will bite you
Whether naughty or nice:

They bite you when you're sleeping,
They bite when you're awake,
They bite, then you've been had for good --
Understood, you'll start to ache.

Oh, you better watch out,
We know you will cry,
We know you will pout,
We're telling you why:

Robin123
Member # 9197

(The lights of Chanuka)

Oh bites of Lymetick, I'm
Pining, pining,
Marking battles from your site.
Oh bites of Lymetick, I'm
Pining, pining,
Make children happy: go away, blight!

stymielymie
Member # 10044

robin:
personal question.
are you jewish??
all these jewish songs ,eyes thinks yous jewish like me, but i may be wrong and don't be insulted.
docdave [bonk] [bonk] [bonk] [bonk] [bonk]

von
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for von     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very funny Robin.

At least your voices are in agreement!

And yes that is an original... it came out the end of my pencil one day when it had no where else to go.

I am not one for poetry, and don't claim to understand even my own. But if poetry is the expression of ones inner reality, this is truly my best work.
Von Shell

Posts: 258 | From Washington State | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

docdave, my family's jewish...I am also rewriting xmas songs...good luck with your surgery on Thursday -- hope you get what you need -- let us know -- we want you back

von, you's a poet -- hope you know it --
post your a** song here -- keep us in good cheer

Robin123
Member # 9197

Ok, I started singing this first line tonight and worked my way through the song -- first pass:

(Matchmaker, matchmaker)
Lymenutter, Lymenutter, make me a rhyme,
rhyme it with Lyme -- crazy pastime.
Lymenutter, Lymenutter, look at your hook
and make me a per-Lyme rhyme.

Lymenutter, Lymenutter, is there a way
to have your say, in a wordplay?
Day after day we all go through the fray,
no envy of all today.

Now Lymenut, make it a haha
or Lymenut, with the truth make it ring.
For me, well, I wouldn't care if I
just found a way to escape this thing...

Rhymemaker, Lyme acher, rhyme me away
Lymetime away, through your wordplay
Night after night asking what rhymes with 'bite',
we'll find a word match for this site.

Lymenutter, Lymenutter, we know that we're
still very green, with ring in our ear.
Now that we're in it, it's now understood
that rhyming could be for good.

Dear Lymenut, though we are mental,
remember, we're still here for the ride.
We don't want to be ornamental -
about Lyme I'd rather be bona fide.

Lymenutter, Lymenutter, scan me Lyme scans
with our Lyme mush; maybe we've learned -
Play with word matches: CD can get burned?

So find me the rhyme, distract me this time,
sing me the crime, help me to climb
out of this morass we're in!

stymielymie
Member # 10044

yes robin
definitely got chicken soup in that blood stream
i could tell from your accent and nose.

docdave [Razz]

[ 06. December 2006, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: stymielymie ]

von
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8333

THINK Prevention

I got bit
Down by the crik
By a tick,
Picking up sticks

Protect the Steelhead,
That's what the sign said
Planting trees
Brush past to my knees

They'll attack on your back,
Or your rump behind a stump,

So if you gotta pee,
Listen to me,
By the grass,
Watch you're a**

Feel free to edit, add, ....

Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

to the tune of Shanandoah (sp?)

Oh Borellia! I long to defeat you....
Awaaaay, you squirrily spirochete!
Oh Borellia, I long to mangle you,
Away, you're bound to go...
Cross the lysing highway!

OK, don't know the rest of the lyrics --
repeat first stanza.

Never thought I would get the word
"lysing" in a song -- kind of cool!

Von, Robin, TonyZ & Stymie
awesome work guys, I am waiting for
the holiday anthology edition!

[woohoo]

[ 06. December 2006, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Vermont_Lymie ]

Robin123
Member # 9197

Hey Vermont -- just want to assist you in real-lysing that you can type in "Shenandoah song lyrics" and find the song lyrics online, if you want to add any more verses -- the syllables could fit for other co's...
Robin123
Member # 9197

We wish you a wary christmas,
And no zappy new year.

No bitings to you,
Wherever you are.
No bitings for christmas,
And no zappy new year.

[ 11. December 2006, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Robin123
Member # 9197

The refrain is kinda fun to sing...

(Angels we have heard on high)

Danger we have heard is high --
Ketes are spreading ore the plains.
And the mountains ticks do ply,
Echoing infectious strains.

Dys-phoria...
This befalls us daily.
Eu-phoria...
In exchange for status quo.

Robin123
Member # 9197

Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer
Had a very tiny tick,
And if you ever saw him,
You would say that he was sick.

All of the other reindeer
Used to laugh and have high aims.
Now they can't fly away 'cause
Sick with Lyme, they all are lame.

Then one bloggy christmas day
Santa came to say:
"Rudolph, with your tickbite blight,
you can't drive my sleigh tonight."

Then all the other reindeer
Shouted out in misery:
"Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer,
We are down, we're history."

[ 24. December 2006, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Robin123
Member # 9197

Go tell it on the mountain
Over the hills and far away
Go tell it on the mountain
That Lyme disease is tick-borne.

The shepherds all were watching
Over the sheep at night.
Borrelia ricinis
Would follow with its blight, oh...

Robin123
Member # 9197

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell herx
Jingle bell Lyme with jingle bell quirks
Slowing and throwing up -- bushels of fun --
Now the jingle drop has begun.

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell crime:
Jingle bell Lyme in jingle bell time
No dancing or prancing in jingle bell flare
In this frosty air.

What a blight time, it's the bite time
To herx the night away.
Jingle bell time, it's tick-swell time
To go hiding on a one-horse sleigh.

Giddy? yup, tingle course, sick with defeat,
Tingle around the clock.
Mix in a tingle in the jingle defeat
That's the jingle irks, that's the tingle works,
That's the jingle bell herx.

Robin123
Member # 9197

The first no-well:
Tick danger did prey
On certain poor shepherds
In fields where they lay.

In fields where they
Lay tending their sheep
On a cold winter's night
That would make ye weep.

No-well, no-well,
no-well, no-well,
Tick-borne is this thing called
Lyme: we're not well.

Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You go girl! (Am guessing Robin is a girl...)

Glad you picked up on the Jingle Bell Herx lyrics, I did not make it past that first catchy refrain!

Deck the ducks with ticks and moxie
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Tis the season to take doxy
Don we now our prepped up lawsuits
Fa la la, fa la la, la la la
For symptoms now are chronic not acute

[hi]

how are stymie's knees doing?

Robin123
Member # 9197

Thx, Vermont, for your addition and thx for herx idea. Yep, I'sa goil. And you? And it's not Stymie's knees that are the issue -- it's his brain -- he says he had a brain transplant, thinks he got Barbara Streisand's. Now he can really channel "Memories".
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robin,

You continue to amaze me, and I'm sure all of us, with the quality and quantity of your lyrics! There should be an honorary Grammy for you!

I particularly appreciate The First No-Well. Why is it that I seem to take downturns in health right before the holidays these past several years? Oh well, it gives me a reason to say Bah Humbug!

Keep up the creativity - and Dave, keep getting better!

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stymielymie
Member # 10044

can you belive we have 12 pages of this crap.

saw doc yesterday, said it looked like he didn't do surgery.

he was the first person he worked on that had no swelling or redness after four days.
yesterday i actualy walked a half a mile.
tommorow i start therapy but can already walk almost normal.

new years eve songs????
still working on TICKS, THE BROADWAY MUSICAL
THE WORM AND HIS CAST OF EVIL CHARACTERS.

AND NOEW I CAN SING MEMORIES IN SOPRANO111111

DOCDAVE

Robin123
Member # 9197

Thx, Jill -- maybe an honorary Lymie Grammy is a Grymie? Perhaps you can find a way to put Bah Humbug to a song for us...

And congrats, Stymie -- that's great news -- I mean about your knee, not your soprano voice...or are you now going to be Doc Streisand? I know, 12 pages, amazing, and I'm still going at it, and if anyone else wants to post songs, please, please, please do re mi fa so lyme us...

Maybe I should make a song about this:

dough -- the stuff we do not keep
re -- of hope we'd like to have
mi -- and us, I call my ketes
fa -- low anything that works
so -- can you keep Lyme at bay?
la -- la land, that's how we feel
ti -- ck, in a jam with Lyme
not to leave out any co - o - o - o's...

[Smile]

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Jill, on a serious note...I have major flares every six months...June and December...I'm suggesting that you may be on the same timetable(cycle)as myself.

on a less serious note....

Stymie...I can see that the frontal labotomy is doing wonders for at least one of your personalities...

Can't say too much about the one that's left....and I do mean left!(democrat libral)...

not that there's anything wrong with that!

LOL

zman

--------------------

stymielymie
Member # 10044

what's you mean. bush is my idol.
i could kiss the feet chaney walks on.

i think the demos shold give him another eight years, by then ,he will have destroyed the whole
world.

hey whats wrong with liberal democrat.
those little stem cells may be your ticket to killing bb et. al.

besides who would make better prez than hillary and her p--sy husband mrs clinton.

docbarb

stymielymie
Member # 10044

more songs
docbarb:
"doctors, doctors who love themselves,
are the happiest doctors in the world.

people, people who need doctors,
are the unluckiest people in the world.

vermont lymie:
Memories
May be beautiful but yet
What is too painful to remember
Is quite easy for a lymie to forget!!

And so that is the sad story
The entire foggy story
Of the Way Lyme Goes

I saw that movie one too many times!

Glad to hear all goes well with your new
brain. I am having some dog days but the
new abx should mop all that up soon, hopefully!
Take care and keep singing!

zman:
ly y y yme, fogs the corners of my mind....

Misty floater colored memories

of the way I were....

scattered remnants
of the mind I left behind

Times I played in grassy underbrush

where a tick got me....

could it be, it was all so simple then

that there tick, embibing on my wine(blood)

If I had the chance to do it all again

I'd stay inner city...could be....

Ly y y yme....gives me pain along my spine

what's too painful to remember...

the lyme reminds my mind.....

for it's the ducktors....

I will remember...

whenever I remember....

just how sick I are......oooh ooohhhh

oooohhh oooohhhh ooohhhhh oooooohhhhooooo ahahhhhh

just how sick I are!

zman

Robin123
Member # 9197

Oh glum, tickbite fateful
Oyful, not triumphant
Oh glum, we, oh glum, we 'bout
tick mayhem.

Come let's deplore Lyme
borne of tick -- it is real hell
Oh come let us deplore Lyme
Heist abhored.

[ 24. December 2006, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Yes, a Grammy for Robin -- prolific song-writing creativity in a major disease category!

[woohoo]

Or, we can call it the first annual Lymie award, or the Gram Negative Awards! With Stymie, master of ceremonies.

Robin, I hadn't answered your earlier question, am a bit beleaguered and sleep deprived this week -- I see that you have a brooklyn accent! That's how my family speaks -- you goils. Yes, girl here too. Probably only a girl would say "you go girl" to someone, but we will have to ask oprah on that!

Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

President Bush went to a neurologist. She gave him an MRI and brain scan, and had to deliver the results and bad news to him directly:

She said, "Mr. President, we looked at the left side of your brain, and found there is nothing right."

"And then we looked at the right side of your brain -- and found there was nothing left!"

Sorry, not a song, but perhaps we can put it to music...

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Hey Docbarb...

Happy chanuka and to all eight good lights!

zman

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Thx, Vermont, for the honor of receiving an honorary Lymie Grammy. I also award Lymie Grammies to all who have posted lyme/co songs here.

And a special mc Lymie Grammy award to Stymie, who we award a Stymie Lymie Grammy, to be shared with Barbara Streisand.

And if anyone who's posted lymesongs is also a granny, then they get an honorary Lymie Granny Grammy award too. And if anyone here is named Sammy or is a nanny or has a big fanny, well, I'll stop there...

Runner-up major disease song categories are:

DRUM ROLL

AIDS -- "Wasting away, my boy, wasting away"(Anchors Away)

Alzheimers -- most song entries were forgotten, except for "Try to Remember" and "My brain has plaque, yes there's gonna be trouble" (My Boyfriend's Back)

Breast cancer -- "Mammaries, oh the way they used to be..."

Diabetes -- "Ain't She Sweet"

Gallstones -- "Like a Rolling Stone"

Heart disease -- "I left my heart in San Francisco, why, it was ill, had surgery"

Leprosy -- "Feelings, nothing more of feelings"

Parkinson's -- "Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On"

Pneumonia -- "I'm all stuffed up"(I'm all shook up)

What a wonderful song career I could have... [bonk]

[ 24. December 2006, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Pretty good stuff Robin...

But how about

Alziemers as the follow song...Try to remember the kind of september...etc

Leprosy...patsy kline....I fall to pieces....

I liked your parkinsons...

lyme....I can't live if livin is without you(abx)

wormser and company.....send in the clowns

and then there was

I'll be sick(home) for christmas...

And then the chestnuts roasting song...

Deer ticks roasting on an open fire
Bb nibbling on my brain
ID guidlines will help my hmo
Refuse me what I need to survive

They know that lyme is a confusing disease
and testing does'nt always work
lymie folks with a rash all aglow
will find it hard to sleep most nights

They say that wormser and his friends
have got a wonder pill to kill off all our woes
and every lymie knows that tales untrue
cuz they've been sick eve'n after lots O pills

and so I'm offering this simple phrase
To ducks and Hmo's all round
Kiss my A$$,cuz you're all full of sh!t
I hope you get a tick bite soon

zman

[ 18. December 2006, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: lymie tony z ]

--------------------

BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Great stuff! Love it!

www.photos4yourlife.ifp3.com

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Pretty good chestnut song there, Lymie Tony -- it's that one, not I'll be home for xmas -- all your suggested lyme songs sound like they would fit in here pretty well -- clowns could be fun to do...wanna work on them?
Robin123
Member # 9197

Ok, my magnus opus for today, and for this being the week of Chanuka, is the following song. Warning: this is not funny; it's a serious rewrite. It's dedicated to Lyme/co activism. Even if you're not Jewish, you can still sing it.(Drum roll: post number 400 in the CD hits site)

(Rock of Ages)

1)Shock and rages: let our song
raise our altering power.
In our midst a ranging foe,
its bite built to devour.

Impervious, ticks assail us,
but alarm avails us,
and our words provoke discord
when our own strength ails us.

And our words provoke discord
when our own strength ails us.

2)Children -- not a martyred race.
Better free than fettered.
Take the echoes of this song
where ye may be shattered.

Ours the message veering
towards a time to be nearing
which will see all then free,
tickbites disappearing.

Which will see all then free,
tickbites disappearing.

3)Dwindling now the ignorance.
We disapprove of suffering.
You're a guide to nations cryin'.
Ought to prod with this offering.

Ticks, their torts surrounding,
coinfections abounding.
Unhappy throngs, righting wrongs
with a mighty hounding.

Unhappy throngs, righting wrongs
with a mighty hounding.

[ 24. December 2006, 04:21 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

I edited so I corrected my goof...robin...thanks....

I'll be ill for christmas
You can count on lyme
there'll be a flare
and symptoms there
and weakness and fatigue

Christmas eve will find me
where we get our pills
and have some wierdo dreams

I can count on Bb
Please have tin or metronidazol
and zithro under the tree for me

I'll be well for christmas
If only in my dreams

zman

[ 18. December 2006, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: lymie tony z ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement