LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » H1N1 said to be Hemorrhagic in Ukraine (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: H1N1 said to be Hemorrhagic in Ukraine
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
China reports 15 reaction and possibly 2 fatal reaction to vaccine. Compensation would be implemented.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-11/13/content_12451701.htm

World tackles H1N1
http://www.chinaview.cn/sf/

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not going to post any more here.

There is enough information/links for anyone who

would like to keep track of it here.

It will be written what the results will be.

Prayers that the higher powers in charge come

together for a finish to the epidemic.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks SO much for all your research on this and related topics, Pinelady. That goes for others here who provided information. It has really helped `flesh out' the situation where few facts are available.

And yes, prayers in this area would certainly be in order! [Smile]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may want to take a look at information about xenotransplants...

-----
Xenotransplantation is any procedure that involves the transplantation, implantation or infusion into a human recipient of either (a) live cells, tissues, or organs from a nonhuman animal source, or (b) human body fluids, cells, tissues or organs that have had ex vivo contact with live nonhuman animal cells, tissues or organs.
-----
Besides facing possible rejection, xenotransplants could potentially transmit animal diseases to humans and result in epidemics. Baboons and pigs carry myriad transmittable agents which are harmless in their natural host but extremely toxic and deadly in humans.
-----

Vaccines are from animal sources. Once we start crossing these boundaries with various species - there's a big risk to public health.

I find the fact that they would give vaccines to gorillas abhorrent. It's not my decision, though...

---

The other thing to research are the studies of Dr. Will Taylor regarding selenium & viruses, retroviruses. It's important information & there are truckloads of scientific studies proving it.

Also look into Dr. Harold Foster.

There are simple ways to avoid infection.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are a few other ideas as to what's happening...

http://www.nomorefakenews.com/archives/archiveview.php?key=3666

http://www.anthraxwar.com/1/?p=497

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/20/AR2009112004023_pf.html

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Sparkle, nice to see you here again!

Yes, I'm okay here now, thanks for remembering. I hope you are also doing fine.

Whatever is happening, it is always going on the side of scaring people. And when you get scared, you do stupid things (like getting vaccinated or thinking you'll die in case you get a fever).

Thinking you're going to die can actually help your body dying (nocebo effect).

I would also simply do an homeopathic dilution of the mucus or saliva in case of infection. People are afraid because they don't trust that as a good remedy (because it is said that homeopathics don't work and are only placebo).

Read more about the 1918 influenza and the homeopathic remedies, you'll get a pretty good idea of how efficient these remedies can be.

Amazing the amount of false information we get. Fortunately, we're not new to disinformation as we all know how things are for lyme sufferers.

So that you'll end up taking the flu jab or H1N1 jab or, worse, both one after the other. And still buying Tamiflu.

Don't forget that lyme sufferers are usually 'immune' to colds and flu. I haven't caught any flu and rarely got any colds during the time my lyme was active. Many people report that. Another reason not to be so worried in case your lyme is still active.

Once my lyme got dormant, I started catching many colds, one after the other. So did my daughter. Now we catch a cold about once a month (small cold, runny nose, some cough sometimes). I suppose, now that we are healthier, we're more exposed to the flu viruses!!!

I would go with what Tracy says, learning how to make homeopathic remedies with own mucus, and get informed about potencies. Get ready to do that in case any symptom shows up.

If you are still scared, buy all Sanum foundation remedies and keep them at home. Most are penicilin derived remedies and I swear they work WONDERFUL for colds and most common ailments. For viruses, I use Grifokehl and Quentakehl. For some bacterial infections, Notakehl.

Only with these 3 things, I even don't take my propolis or any other immuno boosting supplement to avoid colds or flu. I believe these remedies can save lives, specially if combined with other Sanukehls like for Strep, Staph, Tuberculosis etc. when double infection occurs.

These Sanum kits do make me feel safe. I've seen them working many times and am starting to feel quite comfortable in uing to them. It's been now more than a year that I decided to invest my time and own experiments in Sanum (I look like a marketing person, I know), and I'm not disappointed.

They are certainly my first remedies I look into, when I see someone with an infection, no matter what.

I owe about 60-70% of being candida free, for example, to Sanum. Or let's say, to have candida under control to the point I don't do any diet anymore and still keep symptom free most of the time. I even don't take any Sanum for candida anymore either. Not now. The rest I obtained with detox, photons and diet.

It's almost a miracle in my case, because I had suffered from candida for about minimum 2 whole decades. I thought I was going to die with candida infections without being able to doom it, but here I am.

I am cooking cakes again, eating my chocolate, taking my social coffees with buns here and then, etc. I don't eat that as nourishment, but I'm no more a slave of candida like I've been for decades. I never say 'no' if I feel like eating something with sugar socially.

Don't be slave of fear either. Just take action, get prepared and no panicking.

I'm also pretty sure you can try to use mucus remedies in different potencies to either treat different phases of infection (from first day infection, to the following days) and also use different potencies to treat parallel infections that my arise, because they may react to different potencies than the first viral infection that triggered everything. For that, energetic tests are a must, in my opinion.

You can also try to find a source in own blood autonosodes.

Tracy, I wonder what the wonderful people in your forums are talking about the Ukranian deaths.... Any suggestion for a remedy?

Selma

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just sent an e-mail to the CDC - not about the Ukraine stuff but about their failure to update their `regional flu map'. (Those people make me crazy and it's all I can do to remain civil whenever I write to them.) Oh, here's the map I refer to:
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/regions2008-2009/hhssenusmap.htm

This map has remained static since about week 37 or 38 of this year, even though the data through week 45 has been collected and published by the CDC. So, I asked them to update the stupid thing. Oh, here's the data for week 45.
http://www.cdc.gov/H1n1flu/update.htm

Anyway, seems like they stopped updating the maps when it appeared that flu cases were dropping in the USA...... well, if the map ever gets updated, we'll find out.

Well, Selma, as of this moment if I had to pick a single remedy to have on hand for prevention and/or treatment of the hemorrhagic illness described in the Ukraine, it would be Aconite 200C (sometimes called Aconitum).

Interestingly, this is also the remedy used successfully (so far) as a preventative remedy by a homeopath in California. She has also given it to several other people and none of them have gotten the flu though others around them have.

Phosphorus is similar to Aconite, but I would NOT recommend using Phosphorus. It can be a dangerous remedy in severe respiratory illnesses (such as tuberculosis) if given at the wrong stage of the illness and/or in the wrong potency. Thus, it is a remedy best left to experienced professionals for serious respiratory problems.

Now, this is all speculative as far as the Ukraine `flu' goes - I've not found any information coming out of the Ukraine regarding the use of homeopathic remedies.

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Aconite for fever, sometimes, when it tests. I don't use so high potency as you suggest though...

It TESTED for my H1N1 confirmed case, but just once.

I'll keep that in mind. I read a bit about it, interesting remedy.

Thanks for the tip on Phosphorus!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for pointing out Phosphorus is counter-indicated. I've been using ferrum phosphoricum for years to stave off colds and flu.

I won't be using it this season.

--------------------
For medical advice related to Lyme disease, please see an ILADS physician.

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Canbravelyme, I wouldn't hesitate to use Ferrum-phos at the first sign of a cold or UPPER respiratory illness, even now. I, too, have used Ferrum-phos successfully for years to stop a cold in the very early stages. Great stuff!

I think that if the Ferrum-phos doesn't seem to be working well and/or the lungs become predominantly involved, then I'd simply look for something different that fits the symptoms best.

--------------------
Tracy

Pinelady
Member # 18524

I have to post this in case anyone else did not

see it. It was on national news. President and

Mrs.Obama's entrance to the first White House

State dinner. In the door entryway were two

soldiers on either side of the door. Those

soldiers had on masks. While the others did not.

I am assuming those soldiers got the live,

wherein the others did not and they are taking

precautions so those soldiers do not spread the

live vaccine. This is just my assumption. I don't

think the masks were to protect those two from

infection it was to protect others from them. As for

the crashers, it is ridiculous they were let in.

Sad indeed, how could that happen? What if they

had been terrorists?

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Info on the new interferon trmt they are now releasing to critical patients.
http://www.hemscott.com/news/rna/detached.do?id=85184235020168

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS205795+27-Apr-2009+MW20090427

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19939920?log$=activity
The present study demonstrates that the novel pandemic (H1N1) influenza A virus can readily

replicate in human primary DCs and macrophages and efficiently avoid the activation of innate

antiviral responses. It is, however, highly sensitive to the antiviral actions of IFNs, which

may provide us an additional means to treat severe cases of infection especially if a

significant drug resistance will emerge.

I will add they have had some success, but I am sure that has many variables. Such as when it was introduced, dosage, etc. etc.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Tracy: Thanks for your clarifications on Ferrum Phos!

--------------------
For medical advice related to Lyme disease, please see an ILADS physician.

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Me too, another fan of Ferrum phosphoricum. Thanks to Tracy, I've been using it for quite some time already (couple of years?). It does work for some colds /flus if used in the very beginning of infection.

It is a funny remedy, as it is either 'works pretty well' OR 'doesn't work at all'. All depends on the infection and on the timing (intake).

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Same for me, Brussels - it either `cures' the cold before it ever gets started, or it does nothing. Now a friend of mine just used Ferrum-phos during a cold and got better in 3 days. She didn't catch it in the early stage, unfortunately, but it did seem to work, at least partially. I say partially because either it wasn't quite the right remedy, or she quit taking it a little too soon because the `cold' is trying to come back some 4 weeks later. She hit the Ferrum-phos early this time and the symptoms went away, so we'll see if it's gone for good this time. It wouldn't surprise me, though if she has recurrences of this until we hit it with the right remedy.

You're welcome, canbravelyme.

One of my books says this about Phosphorus:
``Should not be given too low or in too continuous doses. Especially in tuberculous cases. It may act as Euthanasia here.''

Well, that's a pretty big warning, I should think!

But you won't find those warnings about Ferrum-phos. In fact, I find this:

``Iron and its salts possess the property of attracting oxygen...... Ferrum-phos is a useful remedy in acute exacerbation of tuberculosis.....''

Oh, I almost forgot....

I got a response from the CDC. Well, I actually got 2 responses.

Anyway, they put up a new map on the `flu' page for the 2009-1010 flu season.

Frankly, I didn't pay much attention to when inoculations for healthcare workers and `at risk' people became available. But this is the way I remember it........

I think it's quite convenient that in most regions, `flu-like illnesses' peaked between week 41 and week 43 (Week 41 was the 2nd week in October.) The H1N1 vaccine was just starting to become available. The H1N1 vaccine `delay and shortage' began to resolve right about the same time that cases of `flu' started falling off.

I knew this would happen. The fall-off in illnesses would conveniently correspond to availability of vaccines.

It is interesting, though, that there was still a `shortage' of vaccines in most areas even as the number of cases was dropping like a stone.

Does anyone remember when the H1N1 vaccine became widely available?

Is there still a shortage?

2008-2009 flu season:
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/regions2008-2009/hhssenusmap.htm

2009-2010 flu season:
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/regions2009-2010/hhssenusmap.htm

--------------------
Tracy

grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grandmother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're using garlic as a home remedy in Ukraine or they were.

There is no garlic left in the stores.

I know at least one LLMD who believes garlic helps the patient.

Posts: 921 | From CT | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement