LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » My Son Adam has died (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My Son Adam has died
Aries327
Member # 3757

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aries327   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for my friends who remember mgh lyme chat TOFU and NY and washington it is with great sadness that I have to write you and say yet another victom of lyme disease has fallen Adam Rowett 18 years old has dealt with lyme disease from 1997 along with myslf he was a brave little trooper who hardly ever complained even the weeks and months of anbxs that we had to mix into his frozen yougert kept smileing but from that time untill now it kept comeing causeing severe mood swings and as he became a young adult it became more then he could deal with takeing more and more medications untill it finaly won I found him thismorning dead we have to wait for the official death report and as always they are going to blame the pills the person but not this dam disease I cant saymore tonight through my tears and sadness I doent know how i,m going to go on myself
Posts: 58 | From vernon,nj | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for my friends who remember mgh lyme chat

TOFU and NY and washington

it is with great sadness that I have to write you and say yet another victom of lyme disease has fallen

Adam Rowett 18 years old has dealt with lyme disease from 1997

along with myslf he was a brave little trooper who hardly ever complained even the weeks and months of anbxs that we had to mix into his frozen yougert

kept smileing but from that time untill now it kept comeing causeing severe mood swings

and as he became a young adult it became more then he could deal with takeing more and more medications untill it finaly won

I found him thismorning dead we have to wait for the official death report and as always they are going to blame the pills the person but not this dam disease

I cant saymore tonight through my tears and sadness I doent know how i,m going to go on myself

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH Aries! I'm SOOOO sorry to hear this! I can't begin to imagine what this must be like for you and your family.

Please come here for support when you are able. We DO care and will whatever we can for you.

I pray that you will find strength and comfort.

[group hug] Aries [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aries, i'm so sorry to read of your beloved son, adam's death today! 18; that is not right that one so young should have to go thru lyme disease, and that it take him before he's had a chance to LIVE LIFE!

my heart aches for you for all the pain and sorrow you feel, but so glad his suffering is over.

i'm including my link for my sympathy collection, and you'll find many in there to comfort you now and in the days, months, and years ahead.

2 of my very favorites are:

when tomorrow starts without me,

I'M FREE AT LAST ... for those who have been sick and no cure was to be found! We used for my Mom and sister.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=01420

when you are really missing Adam, put on a video tape of him; it helps hearing his voice and laughter, and then watching his gestures and mannerisms.

if you don't have a video, see if a family member of friend does, and have them make 2 copies. 1 for lock box; 1 for you to play often as it will get run out.

come back here as often as you need too; we'll help you thru this. [group hug] [kiss]

if you have a HOSPICE near you, they have berievement classes 6 months after a loved one's death; very helpful. i've been thru it 3 times during losss of 4 family members.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to read this. This is wrong what he and any young person, and anyone of us, should have to go through. I know your grief is big now.

I think those of us who have gone through the Lyme/co experience have great value to others due to our ability to warn them so as to help them avoid this fate, if this can give you any meaning and consolation in time.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May God bless you and keep you. My heart hurts for you.

I will pray you will be ok.

TC

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellenluba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh God, Aries. This is horrible. I am so , so sorry for what you must be going through. I wish I had some magic healing words to help you.

We will be here when you need to talk. Know how much we all feel for you during this nightmare.
Ellen

--------------------

Posts: 819 | From New York, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry for your loss, may God surround you with comforting angels. Your family will be in my prayers.
Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eva Haughie
Member # 2421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eva Haughie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup sent this post to me and I want to say how sorry I am.
I feel there is a bond between all of us Lyme patients that transends even from one world to the next and that you son will feel our love and he will find peace.
I hope that you will find peace also and know that we send our love to you, too.
Eva

--------------------
Eva Haughie,
Pres. Empire State Lyme Disease Association, Inc
http://www.empirestatelymediseaseassociation.org/

Posts: 36 | From Manorville, NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathwork
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathwork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh sweetie, I lost my wonderful husband on December 21st at age 52...I can't say that I know your pain as a mother, but I do have the flavor of the deep loss that you are living right now...I cannot say enough that you are loved and that this is totally unfair and wrong...and that you are a marvelous, loving mother...He was blessed to have you...This is pain that I cannot measure...and something I cannot fix or plan for....I just try to stay in the raft through the rapids...they always end at some point, so my only effort has to be to stay in the raft...Stay in your raft you wonderful woman...You have a story to tell when you have rested and have your soul feeling strong enough...Until then, let others carry you...let others love you...ask for help and accept it without resistance...

I am and will be thinking of you daily....hourly if need be...This is as bad as it gets...no question...You go on one minute at a time....one hour at a time....rest when ever you can and your body asks you to...eat chocolate and keep posting here and letting us in to support you...I would be lost without the support of others and I am in no way accustomed to do this....

Much love and arms around you....

Carol Ann Schaffner
Wife of John Wampler, the most wonderful man in my life, always with a positive attitude and love in his heart...a better man than I could ever be...My true love...Please feel free to email me or call....
[email protected]

Posts: 1062 | From CA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so, so sorry to hear this.

Hugs
DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Aries,

My heart is breaking for you and your family.

I am so sorry.

I am asking God to surround you and your family with his Angels.

I ask our Father to strengthen your family with his love

And to hold your son close to him.

I am so sorry.

[group hug]

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please hang in there with us and I pray that you will find comfort and strength.
Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry. It must be extremely hard.

We are here for you.

Melissa

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WillBDone
Member # 14269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WillBDone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could not say words of encouragement any better than those already so well said above...

Praying a heartfelt prayer that you would be surrounded by the love and comfort of friends and family right now.

[ 12. January 2008, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: WillBDone ]

--------------------
"You play the hand you're dealt. I think the game's worthwhile."

C. S. Lewis

Posts: 36 | From Illinois | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As the parent of a teen with Lyme, please accept my sympathy, my tears, and my understanding.
Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeline
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, how horrible and tragic. No mother should have to go through such a nightmare. No child should have to go through such a horrific disease. My heart goes out to you.

I pray for healing.

lifeline

Posts: 983 | From FL | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aries, I am so sorry that you and your son have suffered so with these damn diseases.

Except for the intervention of EMT's, ER docs and God answering prayers in time, we would have also traveled down this path. Our daughter has made 16 attempts.

Just remember that you did all that you could do. These diseases are horrible opponents and our kids just get so tired of the fight.

May God hold you in his hands and may the pain in your heart lesson with time and that you can remember the good times. hugs lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mickip
Member # 11663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mickip   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aries,

I know you must have such pain and sorrow. May God grant you His comfort right now. May He wrap His arms around you.

God bless you.

Posts: 65 | From Burbank, CA (recent) from Midwest | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aries, my deepest sympthathies on your loss.

our best friends son also died on december 29th. he was 35.

i am deeply sorry. he was so young.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aries, of my dear. No words can heal your heavy heart now. Please come back here soon for loving support from all of us at lymenet.

May the Lord carry you during this time of tremendous pain.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....Tears are dripping on my keyboard.....
Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear Aries-

even sympathetic words must sound like faraway noise to you.

i cannot begin to imagine how heartbroken you must be. i am so, so sorry that you have lost your precious son Adam.

i'll be adding my prayers to the many out there that you will find the strength to go on, however unimaginable that seems to you right now.

please, please, take care of yourself.

love, dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts are prayers are with you. [group hug]
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for strength for you to get through these difficult days. Know that you are surrounded by the love of all of us who care deeply.
Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry.

Adam and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Please come here if you ever need an ear to listen.

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim, I am so so sorry!!!!

I remember you well and I am so sorry!!!

Best wishes,
Sarah
from CA

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DakotasMom01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DakotasMom01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Sending prayers to you and your family.

--------------------
Take Care,
DakotasMom01

Posts: 371 | From NJ | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deepest sympathy for your loss!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
........my tears are for your pain and your loss........
my prayers are for you and your family to have strength......
my thoughts are of your son Adam and the fight he battled...
..too young....too soon.........

i am so so very sorry for your loss....
sincerly,
mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry to hear this. I have a son who suffers from Bipolar Disorder that I believe is Lyme related. I can understand the mood problems.

May you feel God's loving arms wrapped tightly around you to sustain you through this difficult time. [group hug]

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am so sorry. my heart is with you.
<3

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doomer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

[group hug]

Posts: 188 | From ID | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kiwikid
Member # 12974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kiwikid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't begin to tell you how very sorry I am. There is nothing more devasting than the loss of a child. My heart and sympathy goes out to you.
Posts: 44 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nebula2005
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nebula2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One can only imagine your grief.

Dealing with TBDs is like nothing else.

There are no words.

How a person gets through something like this, I don't know, but you were blessed with him for 18 years, and he was blessed with you.

My heart goes out to you.

Lynne

Posts: 353 | From Florida boonies | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aries, my heart goes out to you and your family

Take of yourself and remember you are not alone [group hug]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Sorry Mom. Wishing you Peace, and Comfort, Angels to hold your hand.

Rhonda

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pab
Member # 904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry! [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
Peggy

~ ~ Hope is a powerful medicine. ~ ~

Posts: 2775 | From MN | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 9 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim I remember you from the old days....

We're so sorry to hear of your loss

Charlie&Jenny

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts and wishes go to you for some sort of comfort through this terrible time.

Ann - OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dearest Tim,

Please accept my most heartfelt condolences on your tremendous loss. May God's love sustain you, your family and friends through this difficult time.

With love,
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My condolences also to Carol Ann (breathwork).

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear husband's passing.

[group hug] Carol Ann [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry to hear of your son, Adam. I also lost a child when she was nearly 17, my heart hurts for you.

There are no words I can say at this time that will comfort you. Just know that there are many of us here that are thinking of you and praying for you to have strength though this horrible time in your life.

If you ever need to talk please email me at [email protected] or PM here. I stay up late.....so I will get your message. If you need to talk, I can even give you my phone number.

Nights were my worst time.

Hugs and much love,

Cathy

--------------------
ICEY

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry to hear that.
Posts: 476 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a mom of a young adult with this dd, I just can't imagine but is my greatest fear. My heart breaks for you. May you find comfort at this very difficult time. Will be praying for you and family.

Karen

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please accept my hearfelt sympathies. I can only imagine your pain. I pray for you. [group hug]

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wiserforit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wiserforit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so very sorry for your loss. I have two young sons of my own. I cannot imagine the magnitude of what you must be going through.

While this is an excrutiating time, it is also a spiritual period with a lot of love being sent your family's way -- support both earthly and from above.

I send you my prayers, blessings and hugs and holds.

wiserforit

Posts: 508 | From Banks of the Hudson | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1Bitten2XShy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We buried our 24 yr old son Dec. 06. I can truly feel your pain, sorrow and grief.

My deepest, heartfelt thoughts are with you during this time.

AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't even imagine the horrible grief you must be feeling. What an absolute tragedy! [Frown]

I am SO sorry for your loss and also for the losses of the others who have posted in this thread.

I pray that God will be with all of you and bring you peace, comfort and strength in your times of need. [group hug]

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]
[group hug] [group hug]
[group hug]
Ali

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

bitten/shy,

so sorry to read you also lost your precious son in dec. also!! i was going to send you a private message, you in MY PROFILE, you have chosen NOT TO ENABLE PMs; so we can not contact you that way.

please consider changing that for occasions like this; you can block anyone that might bother you, etc.

i hope you will read the sympathy poems i posted above for your son as well! may you feel his precious around you, and each penny you find; that's your son dropping for you to find! [Wink]

Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< Aries and all of Adams Family and Friends and the Others here w/ Recent loss >>>>>,

Sending Prayers for comfort in this difficult time of loss. May Creators Angels hold each one close...May peace descend.

Sincerely, from Silverwolf

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry your son has passed. How tragic one so young has suffered so much in his life.
sending you prayers and a hug.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I_am_Sojourner
Member # 14349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I_am_Sojourner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear one,

My heart is overflowing. I am very sorry to hear about Adam's passing. He must have brought you so much joy. He sounds like a remarkable and precious young man. How blessed that you were chosen for him and he for you.

I cannot imagine what these days are like for you right now, and can understand your wondering how you will go on. You have loved and cared for your child as no one else could have.

I pray that you are surrounded by loved ones who will help you carry this and I am hoping it will help you and your family to know that there are so many of us as parents who have feared and come close to facing the same, who care deeply.

And I pray for comfort and a faith that will hold you up while you grieve and find your way through to a place of peace. I know it will take time. I just hope for you that it comes quickly.

You do not ever have to forget how precious and valuable your Adam was in your life, nor how he added to the character of who you are as a man.
His story is a golden nugget to be shared with others to help bring understanding to this horrific disease.

I am beyond words at the ongoing suffering that results from this disease and all that lies beneath it that places our children in such compromise. You will have a voice for others, in time, as you are ready to speak. For now, just as Elisabeth Elliott spoke during her radio program and in her writings.. "just do the next thing."

I will be praying for you and yours in the days and weeks ahead. Please let us know how you are doing.

God bless, Sojourner

--------------------
2. "Only a sweet and virtuous soul, like seasoned timber,never gives." ~george herbert

Posts: 5 | From PA | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pmerv
Member # 1504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pmerv   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funeral arrangements are being made by Ferguson's Funeral Home, Route 94, Vernon, NJ 07462. Visiting hours will take place Tuesday January 15 from 2 to 4pm and 7 to 9pm. The funeral service will be on Wednesday January 16 at 11am. If you have any questions, the funeral home telephone number is 973-827-6600.

Please attend the funeral if you are able, to support the family.

--------------------
Phyllis Mervine
LymeDisease.org

Posts: 1808 | From Ukiah, California, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was so sorry to hear about Adam. My heart goes out to you, Tim, and to your family. And my prayers.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Oh my god-- my deepest sympathy will be with you! The work I'm

doing now on the cello (this

truly is my prayer) will be done in his honor.

theviewfromthecurb
Member # 10310

Icon 1 posted      Profile for theviewfromthecurb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't know what to say... except i feel so sorry

for your loss, and for all the pain you must be

feeling... and just maybe he is finally at peace.

and one day you will be together again, and will

not feel this time you spent apart.

Your words are so sad, but your strength is so

reassuring, for all of us who suffer still.

I will think of your son when i want to be

strong, and know that he died like a Hero in

some way...

take care now, and know that we are all here with

you forever.

--------------------
well i know a disease that these doctors can't treat,
you contract on the day
you accept all you see...

Posts: 97 | From nor cal | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gert
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My deepest sympathies to you and your family [group hug]
Posts: 261 | From NW Pa ~ Crawford County | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRWagner
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim, we have never met but you are family. If I could, I would hug and support everyone who has lost a loved one to this terrible disease.

Keep his smile in your heart to comfort you forever.

Peace, Love, and Wellness,
JRW

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so very sorry to hear of your tremendous loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,
Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in tears reading about your loss and I wish my tears could take away even a fraction of the pain you must be feeling, but I know that isn't possible.

Whoever said your son died a hero's death is so right. Having to muster up so much courage so young is heroic. He must have been an incredibly strong young man. I hope you can feel some of that strength as you deal with this pain.

Even if they do, as you wrote, "blame the pills the person but not this dam disease" we know the truth, and we are here to validate your truth, and to speak the truth for Adam.

Sending you much love and comfort.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim, I'm so sorry for your unimaginable loss.

I hope you can feel the love and support from even those of us you do not know personally.

It's so hard to imagine losing a child. Please take what comfort and support you receive. I will pray a dream of great peace comes to comfort you as well, from a dimension otherwise unreachable. This happened to me after losing my little brother, and also my fiance. It was an enormous comfort.

Thinking of you,

Michele

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss. I hope you can share with us more about your son when you feel ready to.

sincerely,
Trails

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of us fighting for the life of our own children, this breaks my heart.

Prayer for protection from the evil one and that you would have God's provision of love and comfort.

You did everything you could, and your son knows it.

So sorry for your precious loss. [Frown]

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

breaking this up for easier reading of details.

quote:
Originally posted by pmerv:

Funeral arrangements are being made by Ferguson's Funeral Home,
Route 94,
Vernon, NJ 07462.

Visiting hours will take place Tuesday January 15 from 2 to 4pm AND 7 to 9pm.

The funeral service will be on Wednesday January
16 at 11am.

If you have any questions, the funeral home telephone number is 973-827-6600.

I also hope many of you in NJ might be able to attend either the visitation or funeral to help Tim as he grieves for Adam.

Please attend the funeral if you are able, to support the family. [/QB]

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Sorry
May God comfort you. [group hug]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those outside the Lyme Community have no idea how devastating this disease can be, but be assured that your LymeNet Family understands.

Several years ago, our support group lost a beautiful 22 yr old young lady who had bravely battled Lyme and co-infections.

Sending love, concern, and support.

May God sustain you and give you the strength you need at this time.
[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackpowder
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackpowder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't have any magical words for you, but know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Know this, also, we don't have to know you personally to understand and care.

May comfort be yours,
Tammy

Posts: 111 | From Pa | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlenroyWolfsen
Member # 14355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlenroyWolfsen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your SON. I lost my daughter, then my wife and then my father - first my daughter from Kidney Failure, then after a time my wife from MS and then right away, my father. My wife and my father died while I was in the middle of Lyme disease myself. So, I have some idea of your state of mind and heart now. I will tell you that my daughter became my HERO when I got very sick - and I held her in my heart and thought of her in each struggle I had. She inspirted me to continue to struggle and have courage. All of these who have left this physical world are still with me and are helping me. This is know and I want to encourage you to remember the struggle and courage of your son and let that inspire you to continue to live life and to offer hope to others, because you have overcome. This is part of my life now - to help encourage others, no matter now I personally may feel God and his Angels Bless you now and bring you through this with love in your heart for all who have this disease. We ALL needs each others love and encouragement and inspiration. Glen from High Bridge, NJ.

--------------------
Glenroy Barrett Wolfsen

Posts: 1 | From High Bridfe, New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryL
Member # 11997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you & keep you close. I lost my sister in 1978 at the age of 23 to bipolar illness(self-inflicted gunshot wound). We believe she may have had Lyme.

I understand the unique pain that comes from suicide. My son also has Lyme. He's 11. Thank you for sharing your sorrow. I don't know if I can spare my son the same fate as his aunt, but I will continue to battle for all of us.

You are so brave for sharing your experience. I wish I could reach out & hug you. [group hug]

Posts: 81 | From Iowa | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
islandgirl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for islandgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so very sorry for your loss.
Your son left this world as a hero who did all he could until he recognized he could do no more here on earth.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and all who have lost loved ones to this horrible disease.

Posts: 190 | From BC Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement