LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Lyme Disease Race Car- A HUGE Success Thanks To YOU! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Lyme Disease Race Car- A HUGE Success Thanks To YOU!
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDIT- Putting this link up top so you can vote easier!

http://www.sponsafier.com/share/165020

``````````````````````````````````````````````````
I haven't changed out an engine or done much work on cars since getting sick years ago ...

But last night I designed a race car and entered it in a contest!

The winner of the contest gets a bunch of stuff- a week long paid trip to the NASCAR race in NC, hotels, plane tickets, cash, etc.

If we won the contest, I'd donate the prizes to two Lyme patients who are able to travel and enjoy the excitement.

But the best part... the car is designed to educate others about Lyme disease. If chosen as the winner, the race team would put the Lyme design on a real race car that would be seen by millions!

The design is going through the review process and being judged to see if it meets all the preliminary standards. If it passes that hurdle, people can vote on the car they like best.

Millions of people watch the races ... so I am hoping it will bring attention to Lyme disease, especially in the south (North Carolina, etc) where it is desperately needed.

I'll let you know when I hear from the judges!

[Big Grin]

PS. Since I don't Twitter or Face Book... I would need your help to spread the word so folks can vote for our lean green Lyme Machine!

[ 03-18-2010, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Tincup ]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what I think??

Probably not,,,but I say what I think anyway!!

I "THINK" we should have YOU for a driver!!!

(IF) you promise not to get lost on a circle track!!

I know darn well you can outrun the rest!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, TC good idea. It could read some sort of catchy message that got others thinking about their loved one that's ill with ????

or even get a loved one thinking that "hey, this lyme stuff must be an important thing. Maybe I should be more supportive of my wife, sister, mom or friend, that's living with this lyme disease thing?"

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TnFlowerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Luck!! And keep it posted so we can get the vote out for it! I'd love to see it in a race!!!
Posts: 238 | From Jackson, TN | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol -

race for a cure?
e-race Lyme and co's (electronic communication)
these diseases can run circles around ya
track progress on Lyme and co-infections
get up to speed on Lyme and co's

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just Don said.. "I "THINK" we should have YOU for a driver!!! (IF) you promise not to get lost on a circle track!!"

Funny one you are! HA! If I could promise to not loose the car keys it would help!

[lol]

Map... good ideas! I had a hard time putting all we know about Lyme on the side of a race car.. but I did try. And you are right. If we can raise awareness it would be nice!

Hey there in Jackson... nice place! Thanks for the offer to get the word out! But don't be disappointed if we don't win. It's a long shot at best. At least we'll be trying. And lots of folks will have a chance to see "Lyme" that wouldn't otherwise.

Hey Robin 28573659...

Good ideas... and truth is.. we may need them.

I just heard from the judges... posting it below.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep.. the news just came in and the design was NOT approved. The note said..

```````````````````````````````````````````````````

Unfortunately, something is holding up the approval process. Now don't fret. This doesn't mean you can't get into the competition. It just means you need to go back and clean up your design a little bit.

That means making sure that there are no privately owned images, or content that could be deemed inappropriate or offensive to our audience. Please feel free to review the rules section of the contest here. Good Luck, and thanks for participating.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````
UGGGGG!

Reviewing the rules section is like reading Webster's Dictionary from cover to cover... lots of fine print and legal stuff.

I may have been one of the few who actually read them before I submitted the design... but I'll have to go back and re-read them and try again.

I did mention the car manufacturer and the driver's name... in a nice way of course ... but that may be a violation of their rules? I dunno?

We'll see. Back to the drawing board!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great idea, TC!!!

We'll help out if you get it approved!!! Go for it!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe they're talking about even naming a topic like Lyme? Would be nice to be able to refer to something -

You said: If we can raise awareness it would be nice -

How about: If we can race awareness it would be nice -

[Big Grin]

[ 03-03-2010, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don, I don't know about having TC as the driver? The woman can be a tad crazy sometimes? She could go into a lyme rage and turn the race into bumper cars.

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TnFlowerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

Hope you are doing a re-draw! Keep changing and submitting!! Love to see one of those Toyotas in "Lyme Green!" - and you know Kyle can go 3-wide all by himself.... has he been checked for "Lyme rage"????

Welcome to TN - wear tick repellant!!!

Posts: 238 | From Jackson, TN | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

IT PASSED!!!

Please help get the word out there!

[Big Grin]

The Lyme Disease Awareness Race Car has passed final inspection and is now ready to "race" awareness for Lyme disease!

The winner of the 'design a race car contest' will have their original design painted on an official race car in time for the weekend NASCAR races in North Carolina, where millions will see it live and on TV!

Please click on the link below to see the cool 3D pictures (watch for the bulls-eye rash to appear) and then cast your vote! You can vote once a day, so be sure to re-visit the site and watch the number of votes climb!

Boogity, boogity, boogity, let's go racing Lyme Awareness boys!

Click here! http://www.sponsafier.com/share/165020

Please share this with your email lists, Twitter and Face Book friends too! Thanks!

PS. The winning car designer receives an all expenses paid weeks vacation, race passes, etc for the Charlotte, NC NASCAR races. If we were to win the contest, the grand prize will be donated to a family dealing with Lyme disease.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey Robin235638264..

See... I used your catchy phrase! Good idea! Thanks!!!

[Big Grin]

Map.. your post makes me hurt just reading it! OUCH on those bumper cars!

HA!

Jackson... Yes, Kyle and rage may go together? Although Stewart might also fit that bill too! HA!

Glad we all don't have to get behind the wheel of a race car... for sure!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

Congrats, Ms TC, on your recent efforts to race awareness for Lyme disease, drawing on everything you know...guess you figured out the manual...(yes, you may color your car, etc)

So, since Just Don thinks you should be the designated driver, maybe it's Let's go racing Lyme Awareness boys and girls!

Your exercise for the next couple months is to walk in circles, in the direction that this race goes - wouldn't want you to go in the wrong direction, 'cause then you might be a hazard on the track.

If you need to chat with someone about how not to get dizzy when turning in circles, I've got a skater referral in mind.

After you've mastered - or mistressed - turning in circles while remaining upright, you can then add sound effects:

vroooom wroooom No roooom for Lyme!

TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Hey TC,

Stewart's my guy... but he's back in a Chevy now! So... hope it is Kyle in the "Lyme Machine!" It will get lots of attention!

Got to check out your link and let everyone know about the most important car!!

Great work!

TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

It's me again...

JOEY LOGANO #20!!! (ok...it used to be "my" Tony) LOOKS GREAT!!!! Oh, I'm shouting... but I'm excited!!! [Smile]

map1131
Member # 2022

I've just emailed this vote site and plea for all of my friends and family to vote for Lyme Disease awareness.

I love the design TC. You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam

--------------------

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done..noticed that we can vote once a day so will trying and remember to go back tomorrow.

When I first came down this, I thought it would be great to travel across the US, staying at campgrounds, set up a science board and provide info

This car would attack attention for that.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THIS IS AWSOME. GREAT IDEA and I just voted. If I can figure out how to send linkes (i hate computers) I will send to everyone I can.

WONDERFUL IDEA.......SO KOOL [Cool]

So far it seems to have 140 votes

WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!!!!!!!

It also said youcan come back and vote tomorrow...so I guess you can vote EVERY day.

Lets get on it kids (:

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Yes.. vote EVERY DAY! Please!

We are doing great with it too.. thanks to you!

Yes... Joey is the driver. I had to pick a Toyota driver from a bunch of great ones... hard to do... but I picked Joey. He smiles a lot!

And here is the list of races where the car would be seen IF we won!

http://www.sponsafier.com/#/prizes-and-info

You all sure are picking on me a lot! Makes me laugh too! HA!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just voted and am sending to everyone I know. Fantastic idea.Thank you, Tincup!!
Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great idea, TC!

your car has over 200 votes- the most for any car i saw flashing by on the "featured: page. closest was 158 .

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
262... Up...
Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

YIPPEE! This is great! Thank you all. 262!!!

It would be wonderful if we could make it to the top 10 list! They go by the number of votes.

So let's keep voting and hoping! I also didn't see too many with high numbers, but I also didn't go through all 7,000 plus cars there either.

Who knows... we MIGHT have a chance? Too cool of we did!

Appreciate you all spreading the word! Keep up the good work!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

This is one funny site, looking at all those cars! None as important as this cause - [Smile]

If you click on gallery and then featured, you will supposedly see the cars with the highest vote counts. I'm guessing 'bout that.

I think TC's car has a good chance to come in 2nd, after Hugs and Kittens with 37,024 votes! They must have gotten a ton of elementary school districts to vote for it!

Hugs and Kittens and Lyme, in that order!

On second perusal, however, it says this car is sponsored by sponsafier, so maybe the host site has done this cutesy animal car - ?

Meaning that if the voting keeps going up daily on your car, TC, you have a chance to come in with the top vote after the sponsor's car!

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
379 votes now
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hugs and Kittens was the one featured in the TV commercial. I have to admit I laughed to see Kyle Bush dressed in a pink jumpsuit that has baby kittens, rainbows and ponies on it.

[lol]

BUT.. you are right. I realized this contest is judged in the first phase by votes alone... the most wins or gets in the top 10 finals.

So please do keep voting and ask friends to do the same!

You can send these easy instructions out to others, if you will please?

[Big Grin]

Please click on the link below to see the cool 3D pictures (watch for the bulls-eye rash to appear) and then cast your vote! You can vote once a day, so be sure to re-visit the site and watch the number of votes climb!

Boogity, boogity, boogity, let's go racing Lyme Awareness boys!

Click here! http://www.sponsafier.com/share/165020

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

I see - I didn't think that many kids could be organized to vote like that! Unless we have kittens on the keys...

It says the top ten qualifiers all get helmets - looks like you're headed for some head protection at least!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
voted again!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Thanks again for voting!

We've got almost 500 votes in 4 days!

Zippity Do Dah!

And yes on the helmet! Some folks like me could really use one somedays.

Tumble, tumble, roll, roll.

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

We just topped 500!

WONDERFUL!!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

bill+1
Member # 24446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill+1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted . Had not been on site for few days , I'll be back dailey now if possible .

--------------------
Wishing us all well !

Posts: 99 | From Southern Illinois | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Holy Toledo Batman! As of noon we had 624 votes!

That means overnight (12 hours) we got another 120 plus votes!!!

That's the way to do it!

-

This is getting exciting! We MAY have a chance!

Here is the link so you can vote now if you haven't done so today!

http://www.sponsafier.com/share/165020

And how about getting the kids involved? They can certainly help out with this fun project and spread the word to their friends.

A fun project that the whole family can enjoy!

[Big Grin]

Thanks everyone!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

650!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC,

Why doesn't your race car show up in the featured which was supposedly the cars with the highest votes.

You have more votes than most of the cars in the featured area?????

Shalome

Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey Needs...

I can't find an answer to that, so I will make a guess.

Each car, from the day it is approved and registered, has 15 days to get votes... and ONLY 15 days.

The car (hugs & kittens) with 30 some thousand votes... and the Love Car (529 votes) are the ones featured in the TV ads announcing this contest ... and those ads have been running a while now.

So I am thinking...

Could it be that the "featured cars" are only "featured" after the voting closes and there is a final total for that car?

OR..

Do they just put up randomly selected cars there and change them out once in a while?

Seems to me I saw different cars there with only a few votes each at one point.

So I don't know ... but MAYBE our car will be featured eventually? That would be nice!

With over 8,000 cars now registered that are competing against us we would get some attention if that were to happen.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

I just remembered I saw a couple of cars at one point with over 1,000 votes, so my guess is they just change the "featured" ones at random?

??

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just voted again....734 votes! YAYYYYYYY!
Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Great! Keep posting the totals if you will. Nice to see it climbing!

MAYBE we will eventually reach 1,000?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Here are some of the ads about the car design contest.

http://www.toyotaracing.com/motorsports/sponsafier.html

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

calmom
Member # 24054

Icon 1 posted      Profile for calmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Car! Great Idea!

We're voting..

788 votes last look

Posts: 29 | From California | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have voted daily!!
Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

838 votes!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:
MAYBE we will eventually reach 1,000?

Yeah, like pretty soon!

Imagine: 734 at 4:50pm
Tutu: 838 at 8:50pm
Robin123: 934 at 1:10am

Tincup
Member # 5829

Calmom and Needs... a big thank you for your votes! And for remembering to vote! Some of us, eh hem, don't remember so well! HA!

BTW- Any of you already NASCAR fans? Got a favorite driver?

Either way, glad to have your votes!

[Big Grin]

Tutu... looking good! I don't have to check cause I can see your totals! Thanks for posting them!

And Robin 4932764... As of right now...

943 votes! Can you believe that?

I'm wondering if I should go to sleep now or not?

Will it happen.. will we hit the big ONE THOUSAND while I'm sleeping? I'm too excited to think about it!

I think I need some ice cream, for sure!

[lol]

You all let me know!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

bill+1
Member # 24446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill+1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted again today and sent everyone in my friends list the information and I'm sure there will be some serious voters in that group .

--------------------
Wishing us all well !

Posts: 99 | From Southern Illinois | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

BTW- Only TEN days left!!!!

-

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey Bill plus...

Good for you! Thanks!

-

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

Just got a message from Lymefriends - the message is being sent out!

Hm - what kind of ice cream do you get for this occasion?

Speedo - it's melted already so goes down fast.
Tick Bonbons
Anything mint green.
Lymapolitan - vanilla, chocolate and lime.
Co-confections
Ice caream

[ 03-09-2010, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

kam
Member # 3410

Vision is not good this am...but we either have 988 votes or 969 votes
kam
Member # 3410

My cousin also designed a car when I sent the word out to vote for TC's.

The URL for that is:

http://www.sponsafier.com/#/gallery/view/171573

You can vote for both once a day.

Sheri has a long way to go to catch up to TC's....but it was nice she wanted to get involved and support the cause.

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

you asked- can we break 1,000???

well lookie here: 1015 as of 9:15AM EST.

and the day ain't even right proper begun. [Smile]

PS- Robin- i definitely cast my vote
for "ice caream" [lol]

Tincup
Member # 5829

I had a dream we would hit 1,000 votes! I did!!!

And this is what I did in my dream .... just like Carl Edwards does when he wins a race!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAhpgd4fDTU

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey Robin 686435... That's great! Sure appreciate our friends getting involved!

[Big Grin]

KAM... You make me laugh! I have trouble too seeing the numbers! BUT.. now we can rest assured we have at least 1,000!

And what a slick looking car she designed! Beautiful!!! And she has Michael Waltrip (55) as her driver too! We all gotta love Michael!

I am so happy to hear she, and you of course, are supporting Lyme Disease Awareness. Please thank her for me!!!!

[Big Grin]

Dilly,

That WAS the news that made my day! Kinda funny how such silly things can make us smile! It sure breaks up these winter blues!

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

More on Carl Edwards... he is just so cute! He and his wife just had their first born .. a baby girl.

Here is a better look at his signature "back flips"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS8BMosTF30&NR=1&feature=fvwp

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

kam
Member # 3410

TC...I think I goofed up when I posted what I thought was the link to your car on FB...

I wrote something like support lyme disease...

But, posted the link for creating a car..

I think that is how the other car got designed by my cousin..

But, my thinking is in pieces now a days so who knows.

All of this has just been plain fun...something most of us can do no matter how limited we are each day.

TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Hey TC!

It's me again! Just voted AGAIN and we are at 1120!! WOW!! The word is getting out!

Now... you know how I feel about "My Tony (Stewart #14)"!!! He just has to get back in the winners circle!!!

Oh... just to let everyone know... we had warm weather here in TN yesterday, and this morning I pulled a tiny little tick off the back of my leg - first one of the new season for me!!

It's in bag - anybody want it???

kam
Member # 3410

The thought of that tick TN gives me the hibby jeebies.

Just did a scan of the pages for cars designed....so many have very few votes....so we are looking good.

Can't figure out how to find out which ones are in the top 10

Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey KAM..

You did fine. I am happy to see such a nice car and the talent she has! NEXT time maybe she will help me with a design?

I've never done anything this goofy before.. well, yes I have, of course I have.... but I've never even considered designing a race car.

And you are right. This is just a little bit of plain old fun meant to brighten up a LONG dreary winter.

And the timing for the final selection and big event, May 2010, would be right in time for May is Lyme Disease Awareness Month!

So keep voting and letting us know our new totals. OK?

[Big Grin]

Hey Jackson... you Tennessee Flower Child you...

You will have to have Stewart run over that little sucker with his big tires! After all, we know how much he loves his Goodyear tires! HA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klOQyVtm6Qk&feature=related

That made me laugh when it happened and still makes me laugh!

Gotta love the bad boys of racing! And as long as Mark Martin doesn't have a chance of winning .... I don't mind if Stewart spends a little time in the winner's circle!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

BTW-

Meet our driver... Joey Lagano. His nick name is "Sliced Bread", as in the greatest thing since.

Joey is the youngest driver to ever enter the Daytona 500 and holds many records for being the "youngest driver" to have many different accomplishments in the field of racing. He is only 19 now.

At age 18 he was racing in Delaware at Dover's Monster Mile Track when this happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPACInxXuEU

A tough guy, for sure!

When entering the contest I had to pick from several wonderful drivers, which was the hardest part because they are all so good!

I went with Joey because he is highly recommended by my favorite driver, Mark Martin.

But more importantly, he smiles a lot and you can tell just by listening to him that he is doing exactly what life is all about, and win or not, he is having fun!

Check out that smiling face!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7efGMCmBPY&feature=related

Here is more on Joey...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Logano

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

Looking good, looking good...

And now a word from our sponsor, Afterthebite:

"Ice caream, you scaream, we all scaream for ice caream!"

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I just voted, but forgot to look at the total!! [bonk]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I sent out a broadcast email to our over 1200 members on Lymefriends asking them all to vote...looks like it helped!!!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

TC,

Love Mark Martin too! If Tony can't win, I'd be tickled to see Mark there (my generation!)!!!

Maybe Tony could splat this teeny tick with his "favorite Goodyears!"

Joey is doing very well - it is too funny that Zippy has to pick the Budweiser for him at the Daytona Draw - oh well, he'll be 21 before you know it!

imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

New total is 1276!!
Robin123
Member # 9197

Thx, Tracy9! Up, up and away!
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

1302-- at 8pm EST

Vote again tomorrow!!

Tincup
Member # 5829

1,358 at about midnight! Yee-haw!

Hey Bird Brain! Yeah, you... Robin 4826584.

You MUST know I have NO ice cream in the house! You are just TRYING to make me crazy, huh?

[lol]

Tutu... 1 out of 2 ain't bad. Unlike you, I forget to vote but I do check the numbers! So goes the saying.. with both our brains together we might have enough for one regular one!

[lol]

Good deal Tracy! Thanks so much! We are getting a nice response and folks are having fun with it. That is great! I'll send out an update in a few days with a reminder for those of us who need a reminder!

[Big Grin]

TN... Yes, he can drive 180 mph for 3 or 4 hours straight and get paid to do it... but can't have a cold beer afterward! Too funny!

````````
Imagine.... thanks for checking and posting! I stopped in earlier on my way to do something and was able to get your update rather than having to go there. Great!

Yo Dill Pickle... I saw that note. So you need a reminder too? HA!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Just heard our car was also put on another Lyme disease website. Good deal!!!

Thanks to the folks out west!

http://oregonlyme.org

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

bill+1
Member # 24446

Hi all , just voted total 1375

--------------------
Wishing us all well !

Robin123
Member # 9197

So I thought I'd check back in 24 hours later than last night, and what a difference a day makes -

now at 1378, which is almost 50% more than last night's 934, when you were wondering if you'd make 1000!

So, no ice caream? Well then, bird brain says snow cones will have to do for now, with any edible green liquid tossed on top...

Ha - just saw Bill's post - a little picture of what's going on - we're already 3 votes higher than three minutes ago - sorta like a leaky faucet...

Tincup
Member # 5829

I keep getting asked where we stand in the vote count. Since there is no way to check it from that view point... I have no clue.

Tonight I did a small random sampling and found that most cars (90% approx. guess) have under 100 votes.

I certainly can't go through 8,000 plus pages to check them all... but I did go through 400 pages to check. There were several with high votes.

Here are the results listing cars with more votes than ours has now in the 400 pages checked.

Checked Page 6,000 to Page 6,200

Dreamer 2,887 votes (pg 6150)

Checked Page 7,000 to Page 7,200

Greyhound Adoptions 9,090 (pg. 7026)

Gay Car 136,810 (pg. 7079)

Drive Wild 1,825 (pg. 7105)

Cry Baby 56,279 (pg. 7114)

So keep voting!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

NJ just wrote that they have it out there too! Thanks NJ!!!!

[Big Grin]

Hey Bill and bird brain!

Good to see you again tonight!

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

kam
Member # 3410

1457 for the green machine

50 for the tick machine

Sheesh....wondering how we can spread the word more so we can get the numbers pass the other cars.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement