LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » PARASITE WARRIORS SUPPORT THREAD (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: PARASITE WARRIORS SUPPORT THREAD
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Thanks Gael did not know that humaworm did that. My main symptom started with abdominal pain etc. so cascara sagrada is very hard on me. It causes alot of cramping with little results if you know what I mean.

I figured it was just another parasite symptom so I thought if I could get the burden down without using cascara initially, then I could add it.

I will find out the results of my stool sample at my LLMD's on Thursday. While I know that there are alot of negatives, I still think it can give other answers that will be helpful.

I have done several rounds of paragone in conjunction with humaworm's kids formula. I know that it will not completely get rid of the problem. I like paragone because it has bismuth citrate which has been shown to kill spirochetes in test tube.

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is 1/4 tsp salt 1 gram or 1.5 gram

if its 1.5 gram do i have to take 1500 c or is 1000 ok

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IP,

1/4tsp salt equals 1.2 grams So 1,000 mg of C is fine. Drink a glass of water with it to circulate the salt/c.

soccermama,

Oh, okay. Let us know the results of your test.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After some waiting and debating I muscle tested my 12 year old against all his supplements today. As well I tested parasite herbs and salt/c.

He tested no to the herbs and YES to the salt/c so we went for it.

He took 1/8 tsp each salt and c. Drank it over the course of the morning.

At first he said he had a sharp headache, but it went away quickly.

He really hated the taste and asked if we could add stevia. Would that be okay? I made him drink it plain today, but he followed each swig with a sip of orange juice.

Other then the short sharp headache he hasn't reported anything.

I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for the support.

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adding some stevia or a little O J should be okay. He is such a little trooper. Give him a hug for me.

Hope the salt/c is beneficial for him. It will also add some good minerasls and support the adrenals. Keep us posted. Let him drink some extra water also. [group hug]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmcm
Member # 23249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tmcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wife started her first dose of salt/C yesterday! Will keep everyone posted and I would recommend the lymestrategies book as well, it is very informative and it has protocol that seems easy to understand. We chose to go with putting the salt in gel caps and Vitamin C pills, migth be an option for those who have trouble with taste or GI upset.

This has been such a long hard road for us, I REALLY hope we see some success!

Posts: 52 | From Illinois | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck to your wife, tmcm. Please keep us posted.

I just started Salt C 3 days ago. There are some strange things happening that are new. TMJ issues with bones rubbing in jaw and some knee and shin pain that I haven't had in a while (now gone). The salt might be causing some skin redness/blemishes on my face and some bloating.

I felt some bug crawling sensations in new spots too - my leg, temple and foot! Hope there are not parasites there, but if there are, hopefully salt saturated tissues will zap them dead. Other than that, am doing okay. Blood pressure still good.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to hear Tmcm! I feel better when I'm on salt/c. It kills stuff I can't even see. Wishing your wife success!

Right on Dbpei, the bugs are on the run! I get TMJ issues every full moon, but if I use anything for parasites, it helps lower the symptoms.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tmcm -- wishing good success for your wife. We can relate to the long difficult struggle. I see how challenging all of this is for my husband, so my heart goes out to you. The fact that you are here on Lymenet shows how much you care.

God bless you and your wife.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear people are having success!

Good luck to all those just starting this.

Question: I keep reading that people use enemas to get the dead parasites to exit.

Any other ideas?

Making my 12 year old boy do an enema may be just asking a little too much. He's been such a trouper I don't want to take things to a place where he feels unsafe, and putting things up his butt just might be that place!

Thanks for any thoughts.

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by canadianmama:

At first he said he had a sharp headache, but it went away quickly.

He really hated the taste and asked if we could add stevia. Would that be okay? I made him drink it plain today, but he followed each swig with a sip of orange juice.

Other then the short sharp headache he hasn't reported anything.

I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for the support.

I also had a headache like this after taking Salt C in larger doses right at first. And yes, it's sharp and not like a regular headache. Interesting.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Headaches can mean circulating toxins. Take binders (charcoal caps are good) & make sure the bowels are moving. Drink plenty of water, too.

I don't have any experience with childern. Maybe you can get him to eat some things with alot of fiber like bran muffins?

I took a couple days off from the salt/C since I had some heartburn type sensations. I took 1/2 tsp today so far. I drank it down & chased it with some grape juice rather than the V8. So far - I'm OK.

I've been taking the salt/C for about a month. One odd thing I've noticed is that my fingernails have been really thin & breaking. I'm not a big nail person - no polish, manicures, etc. Could this have anything to do with general mineral balance or the salt/C?

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Believe it or not, the parasitic infection can invade the hands and fingernails and cause them to break and be brittle.

My hands had turned red from the knuckles on down and I had cuts in them.

When I started the herbs and salt/c, I had small parasites and infections come out from under my nails. A hyperinfection from parasites is far more invasive into the organs and tissues than we realize.

Given the fact that they are capable of laying hundreds of thousand of eggs a day, it would make sense.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

lymetwister
Member # 19590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael,

Nice thread going. Quick question for you. Not sure if you saw, but I just finished a 3 day coarse of Coartem (Antiparasitic), VERY STRONG ! Has 2 drugs in the one pill. The 2nd drug has a 3-6 day half life and I Herxed like the Devil from it.

My Poop stunk so bad, scared me out of the bathroom. I'm sure it was a true Herx as I had terrible Flu like stuff, exacerbation of all symptoms by a multiple of 10. I was 1 step away from the ER.

Started to come out of it, then my sweet daughter popped me a bag of Popcorn 2 nights ago. She likes to put extra salt on it, well she went overboard. I could barely eat it as the Salt was burning my tongue, not sure why that would be, but I kept on eating it.

So, it seemed to bring back on the Herx from, yes, tablesalt. I know this is not the way to do Salt/c protocol of all people, but I love popcorn. Would you think this is possible to Herx from Popcorn ?

I'm pretty sure I know your answer, but like to hear it anyway. I'll be doing another round of this Coartem when things settle down as I know it hit my Babs and whatever else is swimming around in my body/brain.

Best,

Gary

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok-back on the salt c for 3rd day (i think)

starteing to see the little stringy things

also-back spasms that feel like a big worm...i took a skelaxin...so maybe it is back spasms...but im hoping i am killing a worm

i have a lot of other medical stuff going on right now but this is easy and i am glad i am back on it

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi Gary,

Sounds like the Coartem hit some bacteria and other pathogens from the way you are describing the odor from your BM. That would certainly be an indicator.

I just answered the question about the salted popcorn on your other post. Table salt has a more concentrated sodium chloride than sea salt.

I am sure the herx was from the salt you ate with the popcorn, Table salt as you already know should never be used with the salt/c protocol.

Feel Better,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Ip,

Thanks for the update. GREAT that you are seeing the stringy things coming out. They are worms, so just keep going.

You are a trooper!

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

lpkayak
Member # 5230

im trying not to be nervous about the salt c but i am dealing with a bunch of new sx ... i cant say for sure they started with salt c... but they are scarey and its taking awhile to get explanations for them

i have different kinds of pain in my lower legs-some cramping but not typical charley horse cramping. one kind is in front of eg where tendons and ligament s attach. when this gets real bad it turns into a pain in the bone so sharp it feel slike my leg will snap and i cant hold weight.

then i also have all these spots of little charley horses in the shape of a circle about an inch in diameter on the backs of my lower legs...i am sitting so much now and i am heavy so i am wondering if this might be blood clots

then i have had soreness, pain, weakness, loss of range of motion in both shoulders-one worse than the other

i have also had headaches and i never have headaches

and a few times dizziness and nausea. and im more tired than normal and fall asleep during the day.

i just am not sure if i should be adding the salt c to the mix when i dont know what is going on

let me know your thoughts...

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

If you check the symptoms at Humaworm, you will see the symptoms you are describing exactly. www.humaworm.com

Also a good idea to drink coconut water to help balance electrolytes while on salt/c since it is high in potassium. Parasites are a B.TCH!!

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lpkayak, do you have a home blood pressure monitor? That might give you some peace of mind to know that none of these symptoms are related to high BP. It sounds like you are zapping some pretty nasty bugs/parasites.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ip, I am no expert, but it sounds like maybe you stirred up the bugs (they don't like the environment or salt).

You may want to back down on your dosage. I have had so many people tell me to go slow and to focus on just one thing at a time, and do it slowly. I tend to try too much, as I want to attack parasites, metals, lyme, etc.

Whenever I feel bad, I know that's my clue to back down to whatever was comfortable before I started feeling badly (learned that while on Byron White herbs--this method works). After that, I increased ever so slowly.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Ip,

Good advice from Catgirl. I agree with what she is saying about letting the symptoms/herx calm down and resume slowly thereafter.

Thanks Catgirl.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael: On Salt-C protocol, what is the mineral you are supposed to take that helps replenish 'something or other'. And also, when to take the probiotics, early morning, late at night?

I think that's what got me so bad was not getting the probiotics built up in my system while taking salt-c for a month. I think it's why I crashed, a month after stopping Salt-c, got a mega yeast infection, super sleepiness and shingles on my butt.

--------------------
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Potassium is the mineral I was referring to and it's in coconut water. Wouldn't suggest taking a potassium supplement because it's best to get it naturally. Coconut water is also antifungal. Extra cloves are important for killing eggs.

Shingles is also another sign that you still have parasites. Given the pictures you posted, you have to remain aggressive. these parasites lay 200,000 eggs a day.

The parasites are carrying yeast. mercury and bacteria in their coats, so you have to take antifungals and probiotics when doing any parasite killing. Coconut oil is also antifungal.

Antiparasitic herbs are a good adjunct to salt/c and are also antifungal. Chronic yeast is also on the symptom list for parasites. Why did you stop salt/c? It should be an ongoing protocol.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

tmcm
Member # 23249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tmcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well didn't take long, 2 days, 2 doses and now 3 bad days of herxing for my wife. Terrible headache and gut pain day 1, buzzing all over and nasuea day 2 and now seizure like activity today. We stopped immediately once the herxing started and will restart once they subside but restart at 1/8 instead of 1/4 of salt/c

She did manage to take a clay bath for detox on the first day but bed ridden since. Unfortunaley none of this is easy...

Posts: 52 | From Illinois | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Aww, sorry your wife is having a rough herx. You might want to consider getting the salt/c e-book from lymestrategiies for guidance and what to expect.

You can also go the website for support. Some very nice, informative people in this group. Thanks for being such a supportive husband.

Hope your wife feels better soon.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tmcm - you may want to consider coffee enemas for your wife. They made a world of difference for me. I view it as one of my most important detox tools.

I hope she feels better soon.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

tmcm, Sorry to hear your wife is having a hard time.

So here we are after three days of salt/c the anxiety started again last night.

Think we will give the dose today a skip.

Wondering if even 1/8 tsp of each is too much? He's only 83 pounds.

He also has a cold which is not helping things.

Didn't complain quite as much about stomach pain yesterday.

Any thought? thanks.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i didnt know about probiotics...i only took them when i took abx

will rethink it all after the storm...this is all hard on my brain

getting a blood pressure monitor is on my list

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

canadianmama,

Let the anxiety calm down fully until you start it again. You might want to just give it to him every other day. Hope your little guy feels better. Keep us posted.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Gael: I stopped Salt-C because I thought it had done the job (that was in Feb-Mar 2011), then I got fired from my job in Apr 2011, which devastated me and I didn't want to do anything but grieve. I was terrible. I just never got back into it...I was feeling so good & still do, but have occasional colds, etc.

Got Pseudomonas bacteria in a cut last spring. Anyhow, I just do humaworm every now and then, salt-c makes me poop too much & I'm on a 8-5 job now...difficult.

I do still have joint issues, though, the ole' elbows & knees. The tendonitis I got from Lyme never completely went away and it comes & goes.
I thank God I feel as good as I do and can exercise, ride my horse, play with my grandson & go to Lyme rallies and yell my head off!!!

--------------------
Chiropractic.

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael,

How do you know cloves really kill parasite eggs ? Also , how much cloves should be taken and what kind ? Can you be specific ?

Is there anything else that kills the eggs ?

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

i realized a lot of my problems were from taking cheap magnesium. i have some better stuff now and my magtab ordered.

still in a blizzard til tonight...but hope to get back on salt c tomorrow

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

Hulda Clark says that the only thing that kills the eggs is cloves. You can look it up and also google "what kills parasite eggs" As far as dosage goes, I take 6 a day and sometimes more.

Cloves must be taken with other herbs according to H C. I always start with minimal doses of whatever I take in the beginning and increase according to how I feel.

They are also antibacterial because they contain eugenol and I read are also effective against malaria. Everyone should do their own research and decide from that what dosage should be taken.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your answer . I did google that with mixed results , so I was wondering if this is folklore or if there is any science that has verified it .

I have read about eugenol, but did not know about malaria . I appreciate your reply .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread and great to see you G !!
You have been steadfast and right in your advice to not ignore the parasites and better yet educating people that parasites do not come in one form and can be out of sight and on organs and blood and are a huge problem !
I am so grateful for you and to your wonderful and heartfelt and supportive and advice and experience and guidance
Blessings to you

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

OMG, springshowers, what a nice surprise to hear from you!! How have you been feeling? Haven't seen you on the board for a long time. I so hope you are doing well and living your life.

Thank you for all the kind heartfelt words.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you really think an all herbal regimen can eradicate all parasites w/o any rx's???

--------------------
Treating lyme, bart and babs

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

I haven't been on here for a few days (blizzard, Nemo).

Tmcm, it may have been the clay bath that made things worse for your wife. I felt horrible after I had one (but great during). It made me feel bad for days (really stirs up the spirochetes). I was surprised that one little clay bath could do me in. I'm not taking anymore until all of my amalgams are out.

--------------------

xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am up to 8 grams of salt and vitamin c. Instead of spreading it out many times throughout the day, can I start taking 2 grams of salt and vitamin c at different times from now on? So instead of 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 3:30 pm, 5:30 pm, 7 pm, 9 pm, and 11pm I take it 10, 3, 7, 11? Thanks.

Also, has anyone who has had any head pressure notice any improvements?

Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

You can take it any way that works for you. 4 x a day the way you depicted sounds fine. Doing warm water enemas to get out the dead and dying toxins might help relieve some of the head pressure. Remember there is a brain/gut connection.

Drinking Coconut water is also a good idea to help balance electrolytes and replenish potassium and other minerals.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

amydee
Member # 34832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amydee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Gail for starting this thread. I have spent the whole weekend reading EVERY page.

Are any of you doing the Salt/C also taking antibiotics for Lyme and Co-infections?

Or do you recommend just hitting the parasites by themselves? It does seem doing both at one time would be pretty hard on the system.

I am seeing a new LLMD in a couple of weeks and am going to bring parasites up and specifically the salt/c protocol.

Has anyone had support from their LLMD's while addressing parasites?

I have ordred the book from Amazon and when I get it I will begin this protocol.

Everyone is so brave and I appreciate reading your stories! They give me the courage to go there. I knew I had to but just wasn't ready.

Also going to brave the colonic.

You go Parasite Warriors!

Posts: 33 | From Maryland | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Your very welcome annydee. Bringing this thread back up for StephenC to review.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

dbpei
Member # 33574

I lost power for a few days with Nimo. What a storm this was! So many trees down - and about 2 feet of snow. Happy to be back!

I started Salt C about a week ago and had some questions...

1. My face is all chafed, bumpy and red. I normally have a smooth complexion. Wondering if this is an allergic reaction to Vit. C? Or the salt?

2. Do any of you that follow the Salt C protocol take DE? I just received mine in the mail. I took a half teaspoon in water with my activated charcoal yesterday 2 hours away from all meds and supplements. I want to gradually build up to 1 T. How and when do you take this?

I am up to 1 g of salt/c 5 x throughout the day. I will likely stay at this rate for a while. No improvement in my symptoms yet, but I know it may take a while.

The hardest thing for me is to have the faith that it will help my tinnitus and head buzzing. I am so afraid it will cause more hearing loss with all of the sodium.

No sign of parasites yet... I sprinkle a lot of cloves and cinnamon on my a.m. cereal. I have not tried to add the Hanna Kroeger wormwood complex into my regimen again. The last time I did, it made me very constipated. But I was also adjusting to getting off ABX at that time.

Any advice would be appreciated! [Wink]

glm1111
Member # 16556

Are you taking 1 gram of salt total, or are you saying you are taking 1 gram 5 x a day equal to 5 grams? What kind of salt are you using and what kind of C and how are you taking it?

Sorry for all the questions, but the symptoms on your face sound strange. especially the chafed part. Are you drinking enough water?

If you started with 5 grams, that may be too much so start with. Parastroy comes with para sweep so you shouldn't get constipated if you want to try another cleanse.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

dbpei
Member # 33574

Hi Gael, I started with 1 g salt (pink Himalayan) and 1 g Vit C (Ester C) pill once a day. I mixed 1/4 tsp salt in a big glass of water and used this to swig down my Vit C pill.

I stayed at 1 gram for 2 days, 2 grams for 2 days, and then added 1 gram per day and just got up to 5 grams yesterday. I also started taking this mixture with my supplements and additional water due to timing issues. I drink TONS of water and herbal teas throughout the day.

I noticed that my facial complexion was becoming flushed a bit even before I started the Salt C. But it has worsened significantly since starting the Salt C. I don't seem to have any rashes anywhere else on my body.

Looking back on new supplements, I did start the following within the last month or so.

SLF Forte for liver support. Below are ingredients

Vitamin C (as ascorbyl palmitate) 36 mg,
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl) 60 mg,
Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) 32 mcg,
Iodine (as potassium iodide) 200 mcg,
Magnesium (as magnesium aspartate) 80 mg,
Choline Bitartrate 400 mg,
L-Methionine 400 mg,
Black Radish Root 300 mg,
Dandelion Root Extract 4:1 300 mg,
Artichoke (Cynara Scolymus) 100 mg,
Celandine Aerial Parts Extract 100 mg,
Inositol 100 mg,
Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum) 100 mg,
Turmeric (Curcuma longa)Rhizome Extract 100 mg, Beet Root Extract 25 mg.

I also started taking N Acetyl Cysteine and activated charcoal.

But I had been taking all of the above for at least 3 weeks before I noticed any new redness on my face. It definitely seems to have gotten worse over the last week.

Do you think I should stop the salt/c to see what happens?

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to the doctor in a couple of hours - I really hate this but I haven't had a check up in over 6 years.

I am going to ask him to check me for toxoplasmosis as it is the only thing I can think of that could be causing my eyes to be blood shot, light sensitive and generally irritated.

I treated with ivermectin for over two months until I couldn't tolerate the drug any longer but toxo requires a different drug. I don't know about the C/Salt remedy but I have both of those things and can give it a try if I run into a dead end.

Does anyone know of any other infection that affects the eyes and causes daily headaches? I have PR but these are my only remaining symptoms unless I mess up on the diet.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

db,

This is just my feeling on this and ultimately you have to decide on what to do. IMO, I think you're ramping up too fast on the salt/c. I would cut back to 1/2 that amount for the next week or so and ramp up slowly.

When I started going after parasites I stopped ALL supplements and just stayed on antiparasitics, and salt/c. The supplements you are taking could actually be overloading your liver.

And on top of that you are drinking herbal teas? "Keeping it simple" for now and just taking protocols that will kill the parasites might be best.

You can always add things back in. If your complexion was becoming red before the salt/c it could be from all of the supplements.

So, for now that's what I would do. Low dose salt/c, and adding antiparasitic herbs, coconut water, kefir and or probiotics. Ramp up the salt/c as tolerated.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neff, I thought that ehrlichia could cause this?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Thanks, Gael. The E Book is much more aggressive in recommendations for C and Salt - so I thought I was taking it slow.

But, I agree with you and I like your logic. I am going to look at all of my supplements and see which ones might be able to go right now. And I will cut down on the salt C to about 2 g/day.

Hoping this will help. I will keep you posted.

jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this thread. Just got all my supplies. Started this am. Cheers
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amydee
Member # 34832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amydee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone doing salt/c and antibiotics at the same time????
Posts: 33 | From Maryland | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Nefferdun, headaches could be bart, light sensitivity--lyme.

--------------------

jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on antibiotics and just started salt/C today. That's ok right?
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Many people take abx while doing salt/c. You can also check out the lymestrategies forum salt/c group and pose the same question.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

amydee
Member # 34832

Thanks for your replies.

Is lymestrategies forum a yahoo group or is it a facebook group?

glm1111
Member # 16556

yahoo group. Just google lymestrategies

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

nefferdun,

Filarial worms and other parasites can cause eye infection. I have had bloodshot eyes and when I tx with salt/c and antiparasitic herbs, small parasites started to exit in the form of "grit" through the tear ducts.

Maybe consider salt/c along with antiparasitic herbs.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would just the salt of the salt/c protocol aid with getting rid of parasites?
Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, I had been on once/week Ivermectin and my twitching/fasciculations (happen a million times a minute, even my tongue!) were drastically reduced if not gone. Then they started to creep back and now they are fully back!

I didn't herx on Ivermectin, I don't herx on anything, just flare or improve (herx implies improvement follows). Now Ivermectin seems to be failing. Should I move it up to every other day?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Hi all, I had been on once/week Ivermectin and my twitching/fasciculations (happen a million times a minute, even my tongue!) were drastically reduced if not gone. Then they started to creep back and now they are fully back!

I didn't herx on Ivermectin, I don't herx on anything, just flare or improve for a little while, then go back to where I was (herx implies that improvement follows). Now Ivermectin seems to be failing at this once/week dose so it appears to have been suppressing something but not killing it.

Should I move it up to every other day?

glm1111
Member # 16556

CD57,

Sounds to me like the parasites/worms are acting up and the Ivermectin dose you are on is not strong enough. Have you tried the combo of doxy and Ivermectin? Doxy is supposed to kill the baby worms. Or the salt/c antiparasitic herbal combo?

Herbs and salt/c would really be my first choice for killing both the adults and the babies along with extra cloves. Ivermectin does not kill the adults.

Either way, when dealing with a hyperinfection of parasites you have to be VERY diligent and not complacent. The eggs and larva will keep hatching and the cycle will start all over again.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Catgirl
Member # 31149

I have taken it every day with no problems. I feel great on it. You can always try every other day as some other people have done.

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

im back on but with only 1/8 tsp salt and i get a stabbing in my chest each time i take it-with c and much water. trying to ignor it...i think have eaten that much on food in the past. got my pink salt on sale today...

--------------------

Tmcmhope
Member # 40048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tmcmhope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello- new to this awesome thread.
My husband tmcm has been posting on here the last week. Started salt/c last Monday.

Had two awesome days then hit a brick wall. Today I am recovered from the herx and starting tomorrow with the 1/8tsp dose of Hsalt with the C.

I was in a lot of pain, seizure like spells, trouble walking,tremors, numbing and tingling throughout body, nausea and brain pressure and pain. My lymph nodes under my arms were also throbbing. I pretty much slept in between spells, tremors and pain the last 48 hours and I finally felt recovered this afternoon. I think if possible sleep is important also to getting through a bad herx. I have a lot of symptoms from babesia, borrelliosis and bartonella and a lot of nuero/CNS symptoms, so my herxes are doozies. Hard on my family.

I have so much neuro involvement it seams any treatment or protocol I do hits me really hard. Does anyone else have this problem?

Gael- we have the book on the protocol. Good information. It talks about drinking clay along with the salt/c and 75% veggie diet. Working on the diet. But I am not ready to add the clay drink. I am going to stick to clay detox bath once a week.

Catgirl- I have considered the enemas, but these have always been very painful for me (I believe due to my IBS). I am considering diet of fruits, veggies, rice and I am drinking 100 ounces of water a day. I tried charcoal once before and had painful vomiting. Probably needed to get junk out, but not sure if this is ok for stomach etc.

I take VSL probiotics. They very much help. My doc said I also need nyastatin because it kills the yeast and then probiotics replenishes good bacteria. Especially while on abx. Curious if anyone else is using this combo for yeast protocol.

I am having a lot of problems with GERD, painful or I would add lemon water to my detox plan.

Hope all are doing well [Smile]

--------------------
Molly

Posts: 7 | From Illinois | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Molly, I am sending a PM your way. [Smile]
Tmcmhope
Member # 40048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tmcmhope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ps- thank you for all of the help! [Smile]

--------------------
Molly

Posts: 7 | From Illinois | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Tmcmhope,

Your welcome! As far as the Green clay goes, I didn't take any myself.

I did however add antiparasitic herbs, extra cloves, Super Digestaway by Soloray Plant enzymes and HCl. I also suggest drinking coconut water (anifungal, balances electrolytes)

Plain kefir is a good idea as well as the VSL probiotics you are on. I also took coconut oil which is antifungal. Welcome to the group!

P. S. I had SEVERE neuro Lyme with my LLMD finding a bullseye on my head.

It takes getting rid of the infections until the neuro symptoms clear up. The digestive enzymes and coconut oil/water helped a lot. Keep us posted.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i think i might have bought too much pink salt-xtra fine. does anyone in new england want some cheap? it is too heavy to mail...but i might be able to deliver. pm me.

still in 1/8 ... very very sleepy but i did shovel a lot of snow

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Welcome Tmcmhope!

Gael and Nefferdun, I had that weird grit in the corners of my eyes too (like tiny seeds)! These parasites are a trip.

Does anyone know what alinia hits?

--------------------

sillia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CD57:
Now Ivermectin seems to be failing. Should I move it up to every other day?

Hi CD57--You can certainly increase the ivermectin if you want to try that. I've been taking it every other day mostly. I also take albendazole with it.

Internationally, a combo of albendazole and ivermectin is used to treat many serious parasite infections. It's recommended by the WHO. As Gael mentioned in her post, the ivermectin probably doesn't hit all forms of the parasites so using it in combo with something makes sense.

Be careful with albendazole and start with low doses if you try it. It was very effective for me and I herxed bad.

Another good combo to try which might be a gentler step is to add pyrantel (PinX) in with the ivermectin. This was also effective for me!

Personally I do not rule out the salt/C route at all, and I am grateful to Gael and everyone for describing their experience with it. I just wanted to try the meds first--in the future the salt/C is my backup plan!

Posts: 261 | From Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

I am also on Alinia and malarone.

I think this is bart! I have a stabbing icepick headache on one side and jaw pain, and last night the twitches turned into full blown seizures. I have always had trouble with not responding to ANYTHING which was why I was really hoping that parasites were the missing link. Last night my mouth started spasming, my teeth were clicking, my head jerked and legs, and the twitches turned into full blown fasciculations. SO SCARY. My LLMD has always said it was Lyme and bart!

I don't herx in the classic way and don't improve either. A med either makes me feel better, which doesn't last, or doesn't work at all. Has this happened to anyone else? what if I am a non-responder! I AM so scared that death is the only way out of this. My poor family.

Tammy/Gael anyone--please post about how you treated and with what before your discovery of parasites? I am having a hard time believing this is parasites but I am regressing so quickly.

[ 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: CD57 ]

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

CD57 - I am so sorry for your struggle.

Before my discovery of parasites, I did several abx long-term....doxy, zith, rifampin throughout the years. I never really did combination therapy. In addition I did a lot of integrative things....Cat's Claw, Olive Leaf Extract, etc and tons of other supps.

Nothing could really get my buzzing, tingling, vibrations to stop until I finally started treating for parasites. I can't believe I am still so loaded with these things. I am committed to staying on this path.

It sounds like you may need to be doing more on a daily basis. See what you and your doc can come up with.

Hope you find your answers soon. Sending hugs your way.

Catgirl
Member # 31149

CD57 I'm so sorry you are regressing right now. I think you're on the right path with parasites. I'm sure all of us have them.

Some people just don't herx (been told this before by another LLMD). And not everyone gets better. I've been told that some people who don't herx do get better too.

I've gone up and down the past two years of treatment (better, worse). I felt really good last fall, then bam, the lyme started to come back after some stress.

Remember in Under Our Skin that Dr. Burrascano said he couldn't help some people? I suspect those people had a rather large imbalance of parasites. I'm no doc, but the twitching sounds like parasites.

Were you on iver, alinia and malarone last night? Do you think the combo may have had something to do with your seizures? Maybe what you experienced was due to your attack on parasites. Most of us have many co infections attacking us at once, so it's hard to tell. Hence, the long climb out of it. We are all different, so each one of us experiences something different altogether.

I know from looking at my treatment during the past two years that regressing all of a sudden didn't necessarily mean I was on the wrong track. It meant that something else was going on. Sometimes it took months for me to discover what was likely going on.

I have many co infections, and while fighting them, trying to get rid of heavy metals and parasites, all sorts of weird setbacks popped up for me. Last summer I started on parasites and felt better. Then I had a setback. Then better, then another setback. This is how it goes for many of us.

Hang in there CD57. I think you're on the right path. Just keep pushing forward. [Smile]

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

CD57,

I took abx for 4 yrs including 6 mos of IV Rocephin and 2 yrs of IVIG and was still very sick. The antiparasitics and salt/c saved my life, but I herxed like crazy. The difference was the parasites were exiting in the toilet!!

Given that you are on antiparasitics, the symptoms you are describing are a herx. You are responding to the drugs as they kill the parasites. Killing parasites can be difficult, so try and hang in.

It took me a long time to get rid of these parasites and I am still getting rid of some tiny ones. I am 97% better than I was six yrs ago. Have you seen any parasites exiting? Have you done any warm water enemas?

The other thing is, you might want to take a little break from the meds until the seizure activity and other symptoms calm down.

Sorry, I know this is so difficult, but we are here for you.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  29  30  31   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement