LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » PARASITE WARRIORS SUPPORT THREAD (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  29  30  31   
Author Topic: PARASITE WARRIORS SUPPORT THREAD
CD57
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a new symptom appear to me last night, which I have only had once or twice before. I suppose it can be any of the tick borne illnesses. It was nausea! Horrible, throw up nausea for about 15 minutes last night.

Could this be related to the salt/C or just another day in Lymeland?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tick battler,

Taking the salt in juice and the c capsule should be fine. I feel so sad that your son is so sick. What is the dose of Caprasite you are giving him?

It may be that he can only tolerate granules of the caps. Same with salt/c. Less than 1/8 of a tsp. Seems like you may just have to tip toe into this with him. What do you think?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BBinme
Member # 34131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BBinme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gael..
Posts: 79 | From Maine | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tick battler: if I may ask: how are you treating your sons PANS/ PANDAS?

I know you've said your child was on antibiotics, then went to herbals, Lyme infections gone?

Do you think the PANS is now due to parasites?

I don't talk about my daughter here, but we went through PANS- lots of treatments- no lasting remission-
Take care--

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BBinme, Your very welcome.

CD57,

sorry you felt so bad and had that vomiting episode. It can be from dieoff.

I used to get very nauseaous at the beginning of treating parasites. Let things calm down and take a break and then resume tx.

How are you feeling?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gael- it was CD57 with the vomiting- which I hope has passed, and is not the dreaded flu!

I am having die off still- on salt/C 3x a day, and ACS silver spray 3x a day, and it's hitting.

I am very fatigued, needing sleep during the day, but have started exercising (slowly, low impact) again, which is odd, but good. Yes, I'm herxing, but differently than when I first started.

Treating adrenals, good supplements, all that-
Thank you :-)

--------------------
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

surprise,

OOPS! Thanks for catching that. I will change it. Lyemstrategies, suggests when doing salt/c to take a break until the herx calms down. Maybe that would help some with your fatigue. Feel better!

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
surprise - my 6 year old daughter actually has it worse right now...tantrums every night and personality changes and anxiety and terrible behavior. It seems to come and go throughout the day and from day to day but she is never like her old self. Sometimes it takes me hours to get her to do simple things like a bath or her medicine, etc...this never used to happen - she was such an easy child. It breaks my heart every day.

I have an appointment with Dr. L*edited doctor's last name** in MD next week (waited 4 months to get in). I do not plan to do IVIG but want to learn more about the disease from her and learn about her treatments. I know many do long term abx but I do not want to do that again with my children. We have knocked out lyme every year with herbal treatment but then in the summer we all get reinfected by the mosquitos in our area (last year was the worst yet and we counted 8 reinfections in my daughter based on the EDS testing we had). This wreaked havoc on her immune system and she started having PANDAS/PANS symptoms in the fall. She still has a small amount of lyme based on testing but her symptoms now are more PANS. We are trying to move but waiting on my husband's work situation to figure out where to go.

I feel that parasite treatment for my son might be the answer to his PANS. He has already shown improvement in the tourettes with this treatment. We also have to get him over the mono, which I know can also cause PANS. I am hoping this will be the answer to his issues.

My daughter has not shown dramatic improvement on any one treatment so far but she still has a lot of viruses and parasites and bacteria (strep) so we are working on knocking them down. She does have a very high parasite load as well, including the water-bourne parasites from bad well water we all drank last year. We are all still struggling from that. Blastocystis, giardia, cryptosporidium and others have definitely caused bad behavior in all of my children but not to the level my daughter is exhibiting right now.

Who did you see for the PANS and what treatments did you do for your daugheter? Our practitioners think that once you knock out the infections, it should go away. I am hoping that is the case and I plan to do it with natural treatments if possible.

Gael - thanks for your help. My son is taking one caprasite pill in the am and one in the pm. He does get nauseous after it but is not herxing like he did the first day. He tends to herx very bad on the first day of most parasite meds. Normally very emotional.

tickbattler

[ 02-03-2013, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: faithful777 ]

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Tick battler - thank you for sharing--I am sending you and your children prayers and positive thoughts-

I don't want to take over the parasite thread with PANS- but we fought the fight for some years- we did 2 IVIG's, multiple antibiotics, herbs, etc.

I think you will be in excellent hands, get extremely good information with Dr. L.

PANS is how I found Lyme- through the mothers that are in the battle. God bless----

--------------------
doing okay!

daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys,

I saw a LLND who is putting me on Paragen along with staying on Salt/C and Humaworm.

Just wondering if anyone has ever taken Paragen before?

Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not familiar with it. Who makes it?

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can someone tell me what kind of himalyan pink salt to get...xfine, fine, course...what is best? i brush teeth with it too and could cook with it. thx.

im taking a day to recover from bonescan...think i will start up again tomorrow

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

daynise,

Do you mean Paragone? By itself, I didn't find it that strong, but together with the added Humaworm and salt/c it should pack a punch. Let us know how you do with it.

Ip,

I usually buy the fine and use it on food and in cooking. Tastes great! Much better than table salt and much healthier.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you use for the Vit. C? I have been taking Ester C but not sure if this will be okay to use as it has some extra antioxidants/bioflavanoids.

I will look again at E-Book but sometimes it is nice to hear what others are having better luck with.

I am all set with the pink Himalayan salt.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

I use Ester C powder with bioflavinoids by American Health. Yours sounds like it will be fine. Is it in powder form?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Dove7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dove7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have any of you been diagnosed with mildew along with your parasites?

Went to the naturopathic doc that my LLMD recommended, and he said I have mildew that we need to clear up as well as the parasites.

LLMD pulled all abx for the last two weeks, then the sinus and tooth pain (and tenderness and swelling along one side of my face) arose again, so he put me back on cefdinir.

Are you, any of you, treating your Lyme and parasites simultaneously, or working on mainly the parasites first?

Gotta tell you the first time I saw evidence of flukes and worms, I felt like crying and laughing at the same time. I feel like a living science fiction exhibit right now.

--------------------
'Hope' is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul-- Emily Dickinson

Posts: 160 | From Indiana | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dove7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dove7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have any of you been diagnosed with mildew along with your parasites?

Went to the naturopathic doc that my LLMD recommended, and he said I have mildew that we need to clear up as well as the parasites.

LLMD pulled all abx for the last two weeks, then the sinus and tooth pain (and tenderness and swelling along one side of my face) arose again, so he put me back on cefdinir.

Are you, any of you, treating your Lyme and parasites simultaneously, or working on mainly the parasites first?

Gotta tell you the first time I saw evidence of flukes and worms, I felt like crying and laughing at the same time. I feel like a living science fiction exhibit right now.

--------------------

Posts: 160 | From Indiana | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael, my ester C is tablet form. I am still trying to figure out whether to order the empty gel caps to put the salt in - or to try and use the mixture method.

Dove, I never heard of mildew in the body. It must be similar to mold?

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Ester C (powdered form). I take a lot of vitamin C during the day too (not the powdered).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dove7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39546

After muscle testing me, doc said I have high levels of mildew. Yes, similar to mold spores.

Worked for decades Ina school that had/has mold problems. He said it's most likely that I picked it all up while there.

--------------------

Dove7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39546

Do parasites tend to have cycles?

I've noticed that when I pass the most, I am sometimes "warned" by a migraine and a fever. Do they have 10, 20, or 30 day cycles of any sort?

--------------------

daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paragen is made by Jernigan Nutriceuticals.

It's this stuff:
http://hansacenter.com/pdfs/Paragen.pdf

It came in the mail today...I'm scared to start all this stuff at once but the ND said to do it and let him know if anything reacts...

I saw my regular doctor again and I'm still losing weight too fast. I told her about parasites. She said it could be a well established parasitic infection causing weight loss but if I don't stabilize in another month then she advises that I take pharmaceuticals for parasites.

And they are still talking about cancer- now talking about bone cancer or leukemia!!- so I will have to have an MRI and possibly spinal tap if I'm still losing weight and spilling ketones in a month.

She wanted to do the MRI now, but I want to wait. Iknow it's parasites and lyme doing this to me! And my labs are mostly ok- it makes more sense that it'd be lyme/parasites than cancer! Lyme is the great imitator right?

Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Daynise, I've lost a lot of weight too. I am positive it is parasites as I have tons of food allergies. I personally would wait on the MRI and pass on a spinal tap. The last MRI I had done, I was told the metals in the dye would pass in my urine. Not.

Do you have any amalgam fillings? I won't do MRIs with dye anymore. Fillings have mercury in them which can prevent the body from detoxing metal if the mercury levels are elevated.

Of course they are going to throw out the C word. They don't have a clue about lyme and parasites. My ketones were high but my LLMD said it was due to fasting for the test (no worries). Follow your gut. I did and just blew my pcp off.

Thanks for posting about Paragen. Please let us know how well it works! [Smile]

--------------------

daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

quote:
Originally posted by Catgirl:
Follow your gut. I did and just blew my pcp off.

LOL! Thanks for making me laugh. [Smile]

MRI's are so expensive and they never find anything. It's ALWAYS lyme. And I do not want to get a painful spinal tap done just because they don't have any clue why I'm losing weight...

Thanks for telling me about your weight loss/ketones. I'm sorry you had those symptoms, but it makes me feel better to think it probably is all parasites and I'm already on the right path with that!

No, I don't have amalgam fillings that I know of- those are the silver ones right?

Yes, I'll let you know how the Paragen does!

jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried freeze dried garlic/artemisinin suppositories? After a week now on them, today my lower abdominal hurts so bad I can hardly walk. No vomiting or anything just pain. It hurts to even sit on my butt, I have to lay on my side.
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

I thought this was a really good article on understanding parasites:

http://optimumhealthvitamins.com/OptiBlog/tabid/105/entryid/128/Default.aspx#

Just wanted to share!

Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
daynise, that was a great article, thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Winni

Posts: 150 | From Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Really good article Daynise. :)

--------------------

dbpei
Member # 33574

I have a question on the Salt C. When just starting out and using the mixture method, would I use 1/4 tsp of the Himalayan salt, dilute in warm water, then add 1/4 tsp Vit C powder and mix? Then take small sips throughout the day?

Does it matter when you take? (I know I should not have the Vit C near chlorella so will need to keep this away from when I take this before meals)

I have the E book, but would like to hear what worked best from those who have been doing this. Thank you!

glm1111
Member # 16556

dbpel,

I did exactly like you described above. Some folks sip it through the day, and others gulp it down. It's just a personal preference. Doesn't matter when you drink it. Keep us posted on how you do with it. Good Luck!

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think if it is to work on the principle of "osmotic shock" then you would need to gulp down the doses of salt/c. Sipping it would dilute it.
Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

I don't sip throughout the day, I mix 1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt (which = 1 gram, over little > 1 gram)

to 1+ gram buffered powder vitamin C, mix vigorously in 1/2 cup water, gulp down. That is 1 dose of salt/C to me-

Equal gram salt to equal gram vitamin C.

I'm up to 3x a day- (although I heap my salt)
it does not interfere with supplements or gut flora, so I space maybe an hour.

Just me-

--------------------
doing okay!

glm1111
Member # 16556

VV,

Sipping it hasn't seemed to change the efficacy for me. When I first started salt/c 6yrs ago, I sipped it and on the second day, the parasites couldn't leave fast enough. They can't stand the salt as it floods the tissues. I don't think that it leaves the body that fast.

I am sure it hits them harder at first by gulping it, but it will still hit the parasites as it builds through the day. Kinda like the tortoise and the hare. The end result is the same.

Hope this makes sense. Some folks can't stand gulping it and therefore will shy away from the protocol. Better, to take it in the way it can be tolerated than not take it at all.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a lot parasites exit today, like a bunch and I wish I knew what they were.

They look like they have been shredded. They are about two inches long. On one end they end in a blunt square shape (I imagine it is the head) and it gets thinner and smaller to the other end and it gets all shredded and knotted together.

I wish I could describe it better. Does this sound like anything anyone has heard of or seen?

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tapeworm segments wouldn't be two inches long,right?
Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MSM prevents parasites from attaching:

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1709288

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

So, I was just thinking and realized the most parasites I noticed was at the beginning and end of doing a one month trial of mila, in other words a parasite exodus a month a part.

I wonder if I am having a cyclical exodus? perhaps after a full moon or something? Also I have seen different parasites during the month but the kind I saw in big numbers were the ones that came out a month a part, pretty much to the day.

glm1111
Member # 16556

Thanks for posting about MSM Lymetoo.

Interesting info. gigimac, parasites do have a cycle. They procreate during a full moon as we know. Not sure why some exit at certain times. Maybe someone else knows. Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Maybe they are on a similar type of breeding cycle that lyme is on (every four weeks). I think it could be different for different parasites too. Mine always seem to be worse a few days before the full moon.

--------------------

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael- I started getting a kind of heartburn feeling. I never get that kind of stuff. Do you think it could be from the vitamin C? I'm using a powdered ascorbic acid - kind of very plain, straight up vitamin C.

I've been at about 1/2 to 3/4 tsp of salt & C 1 to 2 times a day.

I haven't seen anything worm-like. Just feeling kind of crappy - achey in the joints... mostly, low energy/fatigue, insomnia.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plain vitamin C gives me terrible reflux right away.

I have books that talk about this effect. For example, "The Allergy Self-Help Book." Here is a website for you to view:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/262087-what-are-the-benefits-of-buffered-vitamin-c/

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I dowsed it & it said it was the salt, actually, that was having that effect...? I don't know. I was thinking of switching to Parastroy but that came up as "no".

I might be done with this for now...? I have some dental issues to deal with. I think I need to focus on that for the moment. I've been putting it off.

I think I have to deal with metals. I've been procrastinating about that one, too.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

sparkle,

I don't think the salt would give you heartburn because it is alkaline.

However, if you are not drinking enough water and taking plain vitamin C without it having a buffer, that could be a problem. I wouldn't give up on salt/c so fast right now.

What kind of salt are you taking? (capsules)? Mixing the sea salt and Ester C in water and drinking extra water sould not cause any heartburn.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going hunting this weekend! Bought a brand new shiny bottle of Bio Pure Mimosa powder. I started back on 6 drops of MMS twice a day on Monday and have added lots of binders.

So we will see how it goes.

I stopped ABX on 26 Dec because of liver ezymes and am waiting for bicillin shots to arrive. I notice between the Zhang HH2 and the MMS my cough has not reappeared yet.

Can't do Salt and C till my blood pressure comes down.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Hi Gael-

Thanks. I'm taking the Himilian pink crystal salt. I'm mixing it in a little water & V8 juice (with the vit. C). I just drink it all down. I have been drinking alot of water but it's really hot & dry in here.

I usually get the heartburn thing in the AM when I first wake up. It's happened 2 days in a row now.

I usually take it about 20 minutes before eating. It happens in the AM upon waking up - so it's not right when I take it.

I've been getting a "yes" pretty consistantly for taking the salt/C via dowsing. I just don't want to make myself worse. Maybe I need to get the buffered C?

Could be not enough water - especially since it's really hot in here at night...

I was having some intestinal gurgling but I haven't noticed anything overt coming out of me. That doesn't really mean anything, though. Some pathogens are very small. Especially the filarial ones, lungworm, etc.

glm1111
Member # 16556

sparkle,

I would def eliminate the V8 juice for now and see if the heartburn calms down. Also def get Ester C powder. Much easier on the stomach. It's very poss the combo of the V8 and non buffered C could be causing the heartburn.

Hope it calms down for you. Yeah, The gurgling could be stirring up the parasites. Maybe they will start exiting.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

sparkle7
Member # 10397

The V8 makes it possible to drink the stuff... yuck. It's like drinking sour sea water.

I'm taking the day off - I'll see how it goes tomorrow. I haven't ruled it out.

I spent alot of time purging parasites. I haven't seen anything big exit for a while. I think I might have some of the smaller ones. I had CFS & that was associated with hidden lungworm.

VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael,

Salt is not alkaline, it is neutral in ph.

It does aid in the production of stomach acid however, through the chlorine molecule in NaCL.

Personally, I found this as a benefit as I am most often low in HCL and need a boost (which is very common in Lyme apparently).

Without a good amount of HCL it's harder to fend off invaders such as bacteria and parasites (not to mention break down food properly).

Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Also - I don't think it's the V8 - I didn't have the problem until the next day when I woke up. It might be the lack of water...

I don't think it's a bad protocol. I just don't now what was giving me that problem. I almost never get acid stomach - no matter what I eat.

I think being acidic can have it's benefits. I don't think the aklaline diet is a good idea for everyone. It was mainly developed for cancer patients - I think. Most of us here don't have cancer. Our problems are different.

glm1111
Member # 16556

VV,

Even though sea salt may show a neutral ph, and yes I have read that it stimulates the production of HCL which is good, but when it breaks down in the body to expel wastes, the minerals in sea salt that remain in the body are alkalizing. It would make sense since our blood serum has the same electrolyte composition as sea water.

sparkle,

I agree that being totally alkaine is not always the answer because in order to expel waste the G.I. tract should in fact be acidic. At least that's what my research has exposed.

I was just thinking that the combo of the non buffered C and tomato juice may have given you heartburn. It's possible it might not show up unil the next day.

Maybe finding a milder juice to drink with the salt could help. I guess you will have to experiment with what works for you. Feel better,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone had burping as a symptom? If so, did salt/C help it? I had terrible burping after drinking bad well water and I think it was from blastocystis or giardia.

I was short of breath and very nauseous from the bad water as well. Has anyone had this symptom and if so, did salt/C help it?

My children are still battling the water borne parasites and my daughter now has a lot of burping and my son is extremely nauseous and short of breath.

What about stomach pain and nausea when treating parasites? Does anyone get that from the salt/C or parasite cleanses? I can tell that the caprasite (herbal parasite cleanse) is making him have abdominal pain and nausea.

Would love to hear if salt/C helped any of these symptoms or if you currently have these symptoms and attribute them to parasites.

Thanks,
tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks Gael. I appreciate your advice.
glm1111
Member # 16556

Your welcome sparkle.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

dbpei
Member # 33574

Just started the salt c this morning! [Smile] Started with just 1 gram of each. I am going to take it very slow in ramping up dosage. I will check my BP daily as well.

I have also ordered some DE. But in the meantime, am taking activated charcoal as a binder. It is challenging to time everything and also to take Vit C away from chlorella that I take 1/2 hour before meals.

For those of you who take DE, do any of you take this at bedtime? Just trying to figure out a way to add it into my regimen. My LLNP really wants me to keep on taking the activated charcoal to help with detox, but I need to take this 1 hour before or 3 hours after meds/supplements. It gets complicated!

Re: burping - whenever I have acid reflux, I burp more often. I think this is due to inflammation of the esophagus. If salt water is healing to the skin (as we know it usually is), I wonder if sea salt could also be healing to the lining of the esophagus.

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I have a question about taking Humaworm. When I'm on the regular dosing recommendations of 2 caps 20 minutes before a meal, It does make me poop a lot of course. Just wondering though, I'm working an 8-5 job now and it's difficult, you know what I mean. Wondering if anyone has ever taken the humaworm for maintenance; say maybe, 2 caps a day not necessarily before a meal.

I'm thinking of starting to take 1 cap after a meal daily. I don't know.....I don't recall what the "maintenance" dose is. Input anyone?

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took my first dose of Alinia and malarone today. After the Alinia I had horrible intestinal pain/cramps and had to run to bathroom. Lots of mucous. Pain subsided after a couple of hours.

Die off or side effect?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Mucous is a big sign of a parasitic infection. The pain and cramping are listed as side affects from the Alinia.

The pains/cramps can also be dieoff as I have read those symptoms from folks taking antiparasitic herbs. Hope the Alinia and malarone helps you get rid of some parasites.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

CD57
Member # 11749

Ugh!

Another question: I had a surprising stool test result. The bacteriology report yielded klebsiella pneumonia as dysbiotic, and a hemolytic strep as imbalanced. Surprisingly, the yeast culture showed no dysbiotic bacteria and "very few" yeast overall.

I am taking GSE for the first part, as the test indicated the klebsiella was highly sensitive to it.

Does this mean I don't have "a candida problem"?

dbpei
Member # 33574

Gael, I am pretty sure that I remember you saying that you used to have bad tinnitus and head vibrating symptoms. It is probably too long ago for you to remember, but did the salt/c make these symptoms worse before they got better?

It is making me a bit concerned... because when you have a diagnosis of Meniere's Disease (which I do), you are instructed to reduce sodium intake as it is known to worsen symptoms. I noticed an increase in tinnitus and pressure in my ears both times I took the Salt C. This could be totally coincidental (as my symptoms fluctuate daily) - or it could be a result of the salt.

I want to give it a chance, but would feel better if some could chime in on how salt C protocol affected their tinnitus. My hope is that the flare in my tinnitus is temporary while the Salt/C helps to rid my head of toxins (and whatever else may be lurking there).

glm1111
Member # 16556

Menieres Disease is idiopathic meaning it arises from an unknown cause. Conditions presenting themselves with Menieres can be syphillis (cousin to borrelia)MS, Hypo-hyper thyroidism, auto-immune disease to name a few.

Since you were dx with Lyme Disease, most likely that would be the cause as well as a possible parasitic infection.

When you get rid of the cause, the symptoms should disappear. My tinnitis was so bad, I could hear it above roaring city traffic.

It is completely gone after antiparasitic tx with salt/c and herbs,as is my severe asthma that I had for over 40 yrs. You can also check with lymestrategies and pose the same question there.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

dbpei
Member # 33574

Thanks, Gael. We think alike. I just posted on Lyme Strategies. I am very happy for you that you are doing so much better! It is amazing to think that you were plagued with these conditions for so long and they both reversed with Salt C.

That gives me the encouragement I was hoping to get. [Wink]

RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought my parasites were roundworms, but now thinking they could be tapeworms or maybe both.

Most are a little over 2 feet long. They look round with a large head, but if I put them in alcohol, they flatten.

I have seen one worm exit nearly every single day for the past 2-1/2 years....as long as I do coffee enemas.

I can't imagine where these huge creatures are inside my body. How can I still be alive??

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody. We were away for a few days, and just got back last night. Just checking in to say hi.

RZR - we are on the same page, especially about the coffee enemas. I didn't pass much while I was away, but I know as soon as I restart my enemas today, they will start exiting again. You have been at it a lot longer than me. Wow....2 1/2 years!! So hard to believe you are still passing so many large ones. I'm 7 months into it and can't believe I still have so many. Mine also flatten/shrivel up in alcohol. Just think of how good we will feel when we finally get rid of these things!!!

Gael - I didn't realize you had such severe tinnitis. I have to share this story with a good friend of mine who suffers terribly with it (as part of his whole Lyme deal). When he started Rx parasite treatment last year, he had such severe reactions (he calls them 'brain explosions' that would keep him up all night), he backed away from treatment. I've encouraged him several times to restart slowly, but he hasn't done so yet.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok so i did salt c 10 days from jan 17-27. then stopped cuz of medical testing and i am back on today...after the 7 days off.

i looked and did not see anything when i was off. in a way i guess it was good..cuz what i had seen wasnt very dramatic...just a few little stringy things and the seseme seed things that come out of my skin.

oh-wait...they did keep coming out of my skin when i stopped. in fact they almost seemed to increase. maybe they die and it takes awhile for them to get out.

anyway-im back with you. havent read everything above cuz im supposed to be doing taxes. hope i have an exciting report tomorrow!

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Just wanted to let people know that my blood pressure actually dropped on my last dr visit, and I was on salt/c. I did see an ART practitioner too though, so maybe that had something to do with it dropping.

I'm off salt/c because I'm on parasite meds right now. I tried taking it with the parasite meds, but my kidneys started to hurt, so I dropped the salt/c.

I feel so much better on doxy and iver! I'm sure the doxy is hitting the lyme that I stirred up with some dental work. No mass exodus of parasites yet, but I think it's probably due to my high metal levels. I'm not sure the bugs will let go until all the mercury is out of my body (I have high levels of other metals too). I'm pretty sure Dr. K is right, these things hold on for dear life.

--------------------

dbpei
Member # 33574

Glad you are feeling better, Catgirl! I think sometimes we have to listen to our bodies. When you say your kidneys hurt, can you describe this?
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RZR:
I thought my parasites were roundworms, but now thinking they could be tapeworms or maybe both.

Most are a little over 2 feet long. They look round with a large head, but if I put them in alcohol, they flatten.

I have seen one worm exit nearly every single day for the past 2-1/2 years....as long as I do coffee enemas.

I can't imagine where these huge creatures are inside my body. How can I still be alive??

Amazing....
What a fright to see. I've never seen one that size & hardly seen any at all. I never had the mucous exit, either. Maybe I didn't or don't have a bad parasite infestation. I hope not!

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Hey Tammy,

Welcome back!. maybe your friend with bad tinnitis would be willing to try a very low dose (1/8tsp salt/c) to start) and a very low dose of maybe Humaworm childrens dose. He can open the Humaworm capsules in some applesauce and take it with meals through the day.

This way he has more control over the protocols and could make him feel safer and more willing to try again.

Catgirl,

that's great that the salt/c lowered your b/p. Let us know how you do with the combo of doxy and Iver.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

quote:
Originally posted by CD57:
Ugh!

Another question: I had a surprising stool test result. The bacteriology report yielded klebsiella pneumonia as dysbiotic, and a hemolytic strep as imbalanced. Surprisingly, the yeast culture showed no dysbiotic bacteria and "very few" yeast overall.

I am taking GSE for the first part, as the test indicated the klebsiella was highly sensitive to it.

Does this mean I don't have "a candida problem"?

I think yeast tests are not always accurate.

I don't know what you do to treat yeast specifically, but some of the recommendations for people with yeast- avoidance of sugar, simple carbohydrates, and focusing on gut balancing with probiotics and supplements- are also good guidelines to follow to help the system get rid of parasites and reduce lyme/co-infection symptoms!

I wish I had more info- I'm sorry I just saw that your post hadn't been answered and wanted to make sure it got seen. But I wouldn't necessarily rely on the stool test for yeast. Maybe considering the test + symptoms would give you a better idea?

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Thanks Dbpei and Gael. [Smile]

Dbpei, it was the sides of my back that hurt (dull pain). I went off the stuff and the pain went away.

CD57, I've failed every yeast test I've taken, and I'm loaded with it. Tests are just tests, and IMO not very accurate. The stool tests only examine one small sample of your stool. They also have a preservative in them that messes with the test, causing a false reading. Everything I do to battle yeast helps, so I know I have it.

I saw your post about Alinia. Alinia gives me more yeast. Maybe that was the intestinal pain you had? I get abdominal/intestinal pain too with yeast (even off Alinia)--if I eat processed food. Maybe you can try upping your probiotics and see if that makes a difference. I always up my probiotics on Alinia. When I get abdominal pain, I clean up my diet, add LOTs of yeast fighters and it reduces the yeast to a minimal or livable level.

--------------------

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would people suggest in the way of herbals if you can't tolerate cascara sagrada? That ingredient is in both parastroy and humaworm.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Been thinking about salt/c...just a little apprehensive.

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

If you go to Humaworm's website, you can see the herbs they use. The three main ones are wormwood, black walnut hull and cloves. You may want to try them and maybe some of the other herbs in very low doses.

--------------------

glm1111
Member # 16556

Humaworm will custom blend the herbs for you and you can request that they leave out the cascara sagrada. Curious as to why you can't tolerate cascara sagrada?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

sparkle7
Member # 10397

The yeast might be from the die-off...? Yeast protects your body from mercury/metals - if I understand it correctly.
lpkayak
Member # 5230

glad to hear about lowered blood pressure

2nd day back on salt c-might have seen seseme things...not sure. very sleepy, a little dizzy-natious today. only taking it 2 times a day.

--------------------

This topic comprises 31 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  29  30  31   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement