LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  56  57  58   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
toyswalk
Member # 45981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toyswalk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dive 30 Report. I'm going very cautiously, pressure only for now, today I did 56 minutes. I plan to get to 60 minutes, stay there for a week or so before starting to add supplemental oxygen.

mHBOT has absolutely life changing for me! My main complaints are mobility, fatigue, weakness. All are so bad that we had to rig up a system using a winch, pulley, triangle grab bar and a couple of pots/pans to get me out of the chamber. It keeps getting easier everyday! Walking (using my walker) is getting easier, life has gotten a little easier. I'm starting to look forward to things for the first time in a long time.

Thankful to Phoiph and all the contributors to this very informative thread. I'm So Happy!!

Posts: 42 | From beautiful Texas Hill Country | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
purplehaze
Member # 40385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purplehaze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spinning122,

I appreciate your explanation and yes I totally understand

Posts: 69 | From Ireland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
purplehaze
Member # 40385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purplehaze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haley,

can you please tell me what kind of cordyceps you are consuming?
brand and how much each day?

Posts: 69 | From Ireland | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So encouraging toyswalk! [Smile]
Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Purple haze - two a day, one in the morning, one in the late afternoon or cut back to one a day if too much energy .

https://store.ifsmed.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=cordyceps-synensis

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Or cut back if to much energy"??? Wouldn't that be a wonderful problem haha!
Posts: 120 | From Maine | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here to give an update 😊

395 dives and a very busy and productive holiday season. We are working on my next video for my one year mark coming in about 3 weeks.

I have my first cold in several years and if this is what healing feels like I want to go back to the other world👎🏼. This has been like having a reverse cold, it started with tightness in my chest and a dry cough. That lasted 3 days and then yesterday started with a stuffy nose and very sore throat. Almost like the bronchitis I had 5 years ago. I'm treating with homeopathic remedies and EOs and just letting it run the course.

I tried to dive yesterday before my sinuses were stuffy and did okay until the decompression. The chamber began to spin and I felt like I was going to pass out. It went downhill from there for the next hour and then slowly recovered. Just doing O2 today😁.

I haven't been able to run/walk much lately due to a toe issue that needs surgery this month but hope to be back at it by March. I go for my one year lab tests in a few weeks and will report back the results, good or bad.

[ 01-07-2016, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Peimomma ]

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joahsark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peimomma, hope you are feeling better soon!! Great to hear you had a wonderful holiday.

That is the exact way I feel in the chamber all the time while pressurizing, even worse depressurizing. Taking it much slower but it's super scary, really hoping it eases up one day.

Not quite sure how long to give it before giving up but I think six months is adequate to see if there is any change at all?

Posts: 219 | From pacific nw | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you joahsark😷

I was feeling well until I woke up this morning. Now it is full force, stuffed/runny nose, head pressure, cough and sore throat.

Yikes on dealing with this every day👎🏼. If we hadn't been through seizures and other debilitating issues I think my husband would have gone into freak out mode. I've never had room spins like that, even after too much to drink in my younger days🍷🍷. I was happy just to sit with my O2 mask today as I gave my chamber the stink eye😁 haha

No shame in going slow and adjusting for what your body tells you. Not sure when I can get back to treating because I've had no colds since beginning treatment. However to keep from having another spinning episode I will wait at least 3 days.

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
purplehaze
Member # 40385

Haley,

thank you

will probably order some of it soon

susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any mHBOT contraindications? Cancer?

Like Lymeboy I am worried about cancer - seeing a hematologist this week. Having CVID increases the risk.

If this has been discussed already I apologize.

I think I have read that doing HBOT if one has cancer is a no-no. Also for mHBOT? ???

Also - as it happens - I have a dear friend who just completed chemo and radiation and is really struggling. His family asked MDAnderson about HBOT and they said absolutely not. MDA has a chamber. I think they use it for some people post radiation. I don't know why they said no for my friend.

TIA.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before it was researched, there was concern that because HBOT promotes growth of blood vessels (angiogenesis) that it may "feed" tumors or cause them to recur, however this has been studied and refuted.

It is proven that cancer develops and thrives in a low oxygen (hypoxic) environment (e.g., the level of 02 inside tumors is very low).

HBOT is also effective in treating radiation injuries related to cancer treatment.

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy and cancer—a review: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3510426/

The Ketogenic Diet and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Prolong Survival in Mice with Systemic Metastatic Cancer: http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0065522

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy and delayed radiation injuries (soft tissue and bony necrosis): 2012 update.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23342770

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spinning122
Member # 42223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spinning122     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
susank, if cancer is a concern, I encourage you to further explore the current research into ketogenic diets, fasting, and HBOT for treatment.

As in my previous posts, I recommend Andrew Scarborough's brain cancer blog, and regarding your questions, this post is quite relevant. his twitter, useful tweets

Thomas Seyfried PhD (mentioned in the blogpost) leads the way in addressing cancer as a metabolic disease Thomas Seyfried lecture (great lecture) and his book

Also look into Dominic D'Agostino's current research D'Agostino into using HBOT and keto as a way to attack cancer. good interview

To dumb it down: starve cancer of glucose+glutamine using therapeutic calorie-restricted ketosis, once BG and ketones are at therapeutic level, hit cancer with HBOT.

Obviously not that simple but it's a starting place.

Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a minor correction. Rifampin has a long half-life. So does Mepron.
Posts: 422 | From Luck home | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mjo...

Could you clarify which post you are referring to?

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toyswalk
Member # 45981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toyswalk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the things I've noticed since starting to dive is that my body temp seems to always lower while I'm in the chamber. I'm sort of obsessed with taking my temp, hoping it will eventually help me determine a health clue. I'm not liking that my body temp is always a little lower when I get out (I dress warmly and even do some light stretches/exercise while I'm in chamber). Any ideas? Anyone else temp obsessed?
Posts: 42 | From beautiful Texas Hill Country | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toyswalk
Member # 45981

Haley, your pm box is full. I tried to reply :-(
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We picked up our chamber and concentrator today. We have a few more items and then we will be set.
Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi toywalk . My mailbox is open now . I was going to send you another email but I am not able to pm anyone right now ( not sure why ). My question to you was - how do I find the facebook group? I can't find it. Thanks
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Haley try this link

https://m.facebook.com/groups/515147305319202?ref=bookmarks

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Or type in the search bar

mHBOT mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and it should show a little pink bottle looking thing next to the name

Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes it is hard to tell what is a herx, and what is lyme flaring. Do any of you have internal muscle spasms, like vibrations in the nerves of your spine and legs, or difficulty with eye tracking following dives?
Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question -- I have an ear that got operated on for a cholesteatoma. Can I do HBOT if I have this?
Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Jordana...

Definitely a question for your ENT.

Do you have difficulty clearing your ears (i.e., is your Eustachian tube affected) when you fly or change altitude?

Do you have chronic ear infections/issues, or any residual problems from the cholesteatoma?

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Jolley...

I had the internal vibrations and eye tracking issues all the time when ill...but not necessarily exacerbated by diving.

Are you working up slowly?

GMO Amigo
Member # 46949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GMO Amigo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to thank Phoiph for her great help in navigating the process of our chamber purchase. She gave impartial advice and spent a lot of time educating me -- even when I was thinking of buying from a third party. Kudos Phoiph!

--------------------
Dx: CDC+ 06/2014
Tx: Texas a&m Hyperbaric protocol,
Months of IV chelation for lead,
Tesla Wand

Posts: 12 | From West Coast | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GMO Amigo
Member # 46949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GMO Amigo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And: If you happen to live in Oregon and want to try mHOBOT, I just finished working with a good clinic in Eugene. They provide free introductory dives, have fair prices, and offer some interesting other modalities that can be used in conjunction with the mHBOT if you so choose. A pretty good way to go if you want to experiment with this therapy. PM me if you have questions.

--------------------
Dx: CDC+ 06/2014
Tx: Texas a&m Hyperbaric protocol,
Months of IV chelation for lead,
Tesla Wand

Posts: 12 | From West Coast | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jolley, you sound a bit like me after a dive. I dive before bedtime and laying in bed my nerves feel like they are misfiring all over my head and sometimes my body starts jerking.

Sometimes I even jerk in the chamber. This isn't really a new symptom, but one that diving does seem to exacerbate for whatever reason.

I also still dream a lot, and it seems like my mind goes more whacko for brief periods of time.

Phoiph, I am taking it VEEEERY slowly!! I am up to an hour with 45 min with the mask!

79 dives in, and see overall improvement, but it isn't anything too substantial to report yet.

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Many thanks, GMO Amigo...and congratulations on your new chamber!

Just want to reiterate that it is easy for me to be impartial, since I don't sell chambers... [Smile]

There is the hyperbaric project "fund" agreement I have, however, where the discount I would get (if I were a representative) is split between the buyer and the fund itself (which is held by the manufacturer), to be used toward "community" chambers for people who can't afford their treatment.

So, as I'm always happy to see this fund grow, there may be other purchase or rental options that are more optimal for an individual...so I do try to give a balanced picture of all the options I know of so the person can make an informed decision...

Phoiph
Member # 41238

foxy loxy...

Great that you're going slowly...and already seeing overall improvement...

Looking back, I remember those first months being very rocky...when things started to shift, there were lots of weird sensations and "brain experiences"...

Phoiph
Member # 41238

johasark...

How are you doing?

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph, sorry that I didn't get back with you. It has been a busy week with medical appointments. I will call you next week, promise.

I want to get feedback from users. What oxygen mask do you use? Do you use it over and over? If multiple people are diving, do you purchase one for each person?

While the mattress comes with a covering, I want to use something additional that would be easier to wash. What are you doing? Do you just use a sheet? Do you change it every day? Weekly?

Any tips on diving? i.e. what you do that seems to work for you?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph, I thought I was starting slow, but may not be slow enough. I'm at 40 minutes pressure only and it is my first week.

Foxy loxy and Phoiph, glad to hear others have internal muscle spasms, difficulty tracking too, it is just really strange, especially when it is really exagerated. Maybe I need to detox more or stay where I'm at for awhile with my time in chamber.

[ 01-24-2016, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Jolley ]

Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

soccermama...

Here's an example of a "Simple Hudson Mask". It can be used over and over, and cleaned periodically. Each individual should have their own mask:

http://www.amazon.com/Hudson-RCI-Medium-Concentration-Elongated/dp/B0013JJQNE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417485045&sr=8-1&keywords=simple+hudson+mask

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Jolley...

So...you're doing full pressure (4.2 PSI) for 40 minutes without additional 02?

What kind of oxygen concentrator and chamber are you using?

Jolley
Member # 46454

Phoiph, yes 4.2 PSI for 40 minutes without the oxygen concentrator hooked up; I need to get another mask that has longer tubing. The oxygen concentrator I have is an airsep.
joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joahsark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph,

Thank you so much for checking in with me. Pretty discouraged. I caught a cold/virus a few weeks ago and due to the pressure haven't been able to get in the chamber since.

It takes sooooo long for congestion to leave my head once this happens. I'm still feeling absolutley horrible because of it and it began back on the 13th with a sever sore throat.

Before that I was struggling quite a bit with the dizziness on the way up and down in pressure but had been following your suggestion on taking much longer for each. I'm allowing a good 10 minute each way to fully presurize. Once I'm up to pressure I do stay in for 60 minutes.

I had been using the mask for the entire time also but backed off on that at your suggestion.

Before this setback I have 31 dives in, but there was a two week period previously, due to increased head pressure when I had another break so not consistent.

Seeing it sit there at with the rental being such a burden is definitely dis-heartening and I must admit I do think about throwing in the towel.

I am off abx and know I have a really heavy candida load that must be addressed and may be a huge part of this brain problem. Using the ACS200 silver spray program for that and detox.

Recently read a post on a FB page I follow that a lady had used it consistently for a solid year with many improvements in body pain but nothing substantial for the brain. Discouraging.

Really so happy for everyone here getting such amazing results!! I can't even begin to imagine at this point.

I thank you so much again for checking in on me.

You have a heart of gold.

Best,
Penny
Joahsark

Posts: 219 | From pacific nw | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting combination of ginko biloba and hyperbarics

http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/26608991/Hyperbaric_Oxygen_and_Ginkgo_Biloba_Extract_Ameliorate_Cognitive_and_Memory_Impairment_via_Nuclear_Factor_Kappa_B_Pathway_i n_Rat_Model_of_Alzheimer's_Disease_

Posts: 98 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

hmm interesting link jcarlnew. Makes me wonder if hobot doesn't potentiate any herb/medication you take in more ways than just circulation enhancement?
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Foxy loxy...

mHBOT/HBOT can potentiate, minimize, or have no effect on certain medications/substances...

It can also have the combined effect of changing, reducing, or eliminating the need for certain meds...so medications and effects should be considered and closely monitored...

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Thanks for that info Phoiph! Tonight when I was in my chamber, I suddenly noticed that when I turned my valve to what I THOUGHT was off, the air quit hissing out my hole.

I suddenly got scared I am turning my valve the wrong way. my valve isn't supposed to hiss when I am diving right????

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Foxy loxy...

The valve will hiss whenever it is not completely closed (turned toward "inflate")and there is sufficient pressure in the chamber for air to escape.

By releasing air in this way, the valve provides a way to adjust the pressure or keep the pressure at a certain level.

To keep the chamber at full pressure, the valve has to be all the way closed (turned toward "inflate). It will hiss if it is not all the way closed.

Of course, it will also hiss when you release the pressure to depressurize.

Are you using the diagram/arrows to remind you which way to turn the valve?

Additionally, when the chamber reaches full pressure, you will hear the 2 pressure release valves at the foot of the chamber open up and begin to release air. This keeps the chamber at 4.2 PSI max, and prevents it from overfilling.

It can really help to have a gauge extender so you can view the pressure gauge through the window from the inside...

I hope I answered your question...not sure if I understood correctly???

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

I think I am doing it right... I just don't understand why when I turn my valve (to what I think is off) it quits releasing air through the hole beside the valve. (the one you can push to release air even faster.)

When I am diving I think I feel air going out this hole, and when I turn my valve to what I think is off it hisses loudly, but the air quits escaping the hole. This suddenly felt opposite of what is should be!

There, is THIS clearer? Sorry, I am having trouble explaining...

Phoiph
Member # 41238

foxy...

If the valve is "hissing", there is air escaping through the valve. It will stop hissing after it loses enough pressure to stop making noise, or if you turn it all the way toward "inflate".

When you're turning the valve to what you describe as "off", are you trying to inflate or deflate at the time?

When you're inside the chamber, and you think you're turning the valve "off", are you turning it clockwise, or counterclockwise?

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Foxy

Is the hissing sound the air escaping from the O2 tubing hole? I know when mine fully pressurizes I hear the air hissing sometimes depending on how the tubing is coming through the hole.

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

My tank doesn't say "inflate" or "deflate" or tell me anything. I think it must be an old one.

Phoiph, I turn it clockwise to inflate. When I turn it "off," I am trying to deflate. (and turn it counterclockwise.)

Peimomma, I think what I am hearing is what you are describing... just a slight hissing. Not sure what O2 tubing hole is, but that sounds like what is going on.

Thanks guys... you are tops!! I just suddenly thought what if all this time I am not doing it right? [Frown]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Foxy...

I just looked back at my notes, and see you have a different brand chamber than most of us are using.

I think it would be a good idea to call Summit to Sea and describe what is happening so they can troubleshoot and give you instructions on how to use their equipment (I'm not familiar enough with it)...

Here's the website I found for them: http://summit-to-sea.com/

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Foxy it is where the O2 tubing comes from the outside of the chamber into the chamber and you connect your mask😊
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Oh!(she blushes) got it Peimomma! It isn't the same hole after all. Maybe I should look into this a little harder... Sigh...

Thanks a million Phoiph, for your efforts!

Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foxy Loxy

I use a summit to sea chamber which I believe is what you are using. In my chamber the red valve that I turn to allow the chamber inflate or deflate will sometimes hiss even when it's in the inflate position. If I push on the valve it stops. If I pull on it it will start hissing again. I think this is part of the design. I'm not sure if that is what you are describing or not.

Monti

Posts: 120 | From Maine | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

I came to the conclusion my air must not hiss out at my feet. It must be near my head where I deflate. I think I am good. Thanks all, you input helped though!
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Foxy loxy...

Do you have a pressure gauge on your chamber? If so, what does it read when you are diving?

If you are hearing hissing near your head (not at the foot where the automatic release valves are), chances are you're losing air for some reason...and so may not be reaching or maintaining full pressure...

Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

The summit to sea chambers have a release valve at your head that hisses once it's up to pressure. This is what holds the pressure at 1.3ATA. There is also a second backup release valve at your feet as a safety backup.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Good to know, Monti!
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Thanks Monti! [Smile]
Phoiph
Member # 41238

foxy loxy...

Could you still confirm what your pressure gauge is reading when you're diving?

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Phoiph, my dad looked at the gauge last night and he thought it read 4 and two marks in the red which would be 4.2 psi, I assume? It doesn't quite reach the second mark, but close...
Phoiph
Member # 41238

OK...great...:)
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am following this thread. Is it just me - or is the print off kilter to the right? And slow to scroll down? This only happens to me on this thread - the text off to the right. Other threads seem to take too long to scroll down. Hard to follow/read.
I am very interested in this conversation - just frustrating to try to read it.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Hi Phoiph,

You checked in on me up the page and I did respond, just wanted to make sure you knew. You have been such a great help to me. There has been a lot of posts lately so just making sure.

Best to everyone.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi joahsark...

Thanks for following up. Are you over your cold/virus? Have you been able to start diving again?

You'll have to be very careful of your ears when starting up again, in case you have residual congestion...

joahsark
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20598

Phoiph,

Yes, my head, with the constant pressure, and even more severe with a cold, takes weeks to a month to fully recover from the congestion. Still have not been back in.

Think I'm throwing in the towel. Just too expensive to sit empty far more than I've been able to use it. If only my head would cooperate but it just will not. I've tried--hard.

Thank you for all your support, I truly believe in this therapy for those not battling this severe constant head pressure, or for those who can purchase outright. The rental option with only a portion going towards purchase isn't panning out the way I'd hoped, we simply cannot afford to "waste" the money on the chamber sitting empty. Maybe one day we will hit the lottery and I be able to purchase.

Best to everyone on this amazing thread!!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Joahsark...

I am so sorry to hear this, but I do respect your decision.

Before you completely "throw in the towel", however, please consider speaking to the chamber owner about your circumstances...he has been known to adjust the rental fees in times of hardship...

Jolley
Member # 46454

Phoiph, do you have to be out of the chamber for the duration of a cold, or is a little congestion ok as long as you aren't coughing and can safely clear your ears?
Phoiph
Member # 41238

It is really about your ears and sinuses...if you can safely and easily clear them, and your sinuses aren't clogged, then you should be OK...
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

I dived when I was congested in the sinuses and it HUUUURT while going up to full pressure... than once the pressure leveled off, I was fine.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Very important...

If you ever feel pain in your ears or sinuses, you should immediately release pressure via the valve...

Stay at a lower pressure where you're not experiencing pain or discomfort, and/or wait to dive until less congested...

Tanya R
Member # 41817

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tanya R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wanted to give an update. I am on dive 114! I experience fog / moodiness and sometimes anxiety shortly after I'm out of the chamber. I started taking 5 mg of Lithium Orotate, which seems to help most of the time. Also trying to take fish oil again in the mornings.

I am also seeing a hematologist for low platelets & low iron. I told her all about my Lyme / Babesia and she said they don't know much about it and could certainly be the cause of my issues. I am on week 3 of weekly IV iron. This is my second round. I did 5 weeks back in May and slowly my anemia returned. If it isn't one thing, it's another.

Also trying to exercise a few times a week. Mostly doing yoga as that doesn't completely wipe me out.

--------------------
Hi all, I was diagnosed with Lyme in 2008. Co-infections: Babesia & Bartonella. Currently treating Babs with Infuserve Cryptolepis and Lyme with mHBOT.

Posts: 16 | From VA | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Can people give me suggestions about how to get the oxygen tubing connected to the mask? What size oxygen tubing seems to work? The oxygen tubing that is in the chamber now is too small for the hudson mask and any connectors we have tried?
Phoiph
Member # 41238

soccermama...

The mask should have come with tubing attached to it that has a female end on it...

The tubing from the concentrator is usually just a raw end cut off at an angle...that fits snugly into the female end (if you push it).

You don't want to add any unnecessary connectors that can restrict flow...

Can you take a picture of the ends you are working with and email them to me?

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Phoiph, do you have a reason for your warning about diving congested other than the fact it hurts?
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Yes...it is called sinus or ear "barotrauma"...

When you can't equalize the pressure in your ears and/or sinuses due to congestion, but continue to increase pressure, it can cause injury/trauma to the eardrum and/or sinus tissues...

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

good to know! hope I didn't hurt anything...
Jolley
Member # 46454

Phoiph- There was a recent blog article I read about babesia, in which the author mentioned oxidative therapies and some people having more difficulty with them due to not producing SOD which clears free radicals from your system, or not having sufficient catalase to break down by products of oxidative stress. It was a little unsettling to read, but I figure it is just one person's opinion; do you have any information on this?
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Jolley...

I'd like to read the blog article...do you have a reference or link?

A certain level of oxidative stress is desirable, as it is a natural mechanism by which pathogens are kept in check. There is a balance that must be struck, however, between oxidation and the amount of natural antioxidants that can be produced. This balance us less likely to be upset with mild hyperbaric than high pressure hyperbaric, which is another reason that it is preferable for many chronic illnesses.

The subject of mHBOT and oxidative stress has been of concern regarding children with autism, for example, as it is known that many have low levels of natural glutathione/SOD/antioxidants.

Results of studies have indicated no adverse effects in antioxidant status, and some studies show an increase in natural antioxidant production related to mHBOT.

Below are 3 articles/studies on the subject of oxidative stress and mHBOT:

The Effects of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy on Oxidative Stress, Inflammation, and Symptoms in Children with Autism: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18005455

Oxidative stress is fundamental to hyperbaric oxygen therapy, by Stephen R. Thom. Journal of Applied Physi9ology 106:988-995, 2009: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2660252/

Interview with Dr. Dan A. Rossignol: Hyperbaric oxygen therapy may improve symptoms in autistic children in Medical Hypothesis: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drneubrander.com%2FFiles%2FRossignol%2520Medical%2520V eritas.pdf&ei=VMJAVJmqOc_koAS12oLADQ&usg=AFQjCNFhj2W68J1Gxz_TDqfBAJ7oNPIqDw[/B]

This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  56  57  58   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement