LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 58)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Digby, that is just not fair!! That is interesting about the titers going up. Our bodies can be so complicated!
Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaibyrd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I’m seriously considering the Carnivore diet. Is there a book I should read or a video I should watch that helped those of you who are doing this?

I think what I find the most difficult about starting a new diet is, I just don’t have the energy to do much meal prep or counting or figuring out what is allowed and what isn’t, so maybe Carnivore will help in that regard. I’m just not real sure where to start.

--------------------
KB

Posts: 170 | From Northern VA | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KB check out Dr Ken Berry, Dr Boz, Dr Anthony Chaffee. Any and all of their youtube videos have a lot of information.
Some of the books I’ve seen recommended are Nourishing Fats, why we need animal fats for health and happiness, The Canivore Diet by Dr Shawn Baker, stay off my operating table, Lies my doctor Told me. I’d also recommend looking for Dr Elizabeth Bright on YT and her book. She’s very big on fat for hormones.

You can find many FB groups to join, many carnivores on Twitter and IG if you are on any of those.

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second Dr. Ken Berry. I also follow Chiropractor Eric Berg on youtube. Dr. Ken Berry's wife does videos as well. They do a live youtube Q&A on Monday evenings.

Ease into it. You can get a withdrawal like a herx if you start cold turkey. Take a couple of weeks to begin. I find it simplifies eating. Now after a couple of years, I am more ketovore. I add in some veggies. My gut seems to tolerate it well.

I do no counting. I do not do net carbs. I look at total carbs. I do not test my urine for ketones. I could not be bothered. One thing to keep in mind though is make sure you are eating enough fat. Fat is the key. It is easy to go carnivore and consume too much protein and not enough fat. Bacon is my friend. =)

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaibyrd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Peimomma and Kgg!

Funny, I sent my LLMD a question about going carnivore and he told me to watch Dr. Ken Berry so I’ve been watching some of his videos already. I’ll check out all the other suggestions too.

I ate only bacon for a meal the past two days and was up with diarrhea last night so, yeah I better ease into it.

Is there a thread here on carnivore?

--------------------
KB

Posts: 170 | From Northern VA | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Kaibyrd, sometimes it is the extra fat that loosens the stools. But it also it not uncommon the first few weeks as the body adjusts to no carbs. You will hear Dr. Ken Berry talk about it.

Peimomma, is in a carnviore FB group. I only know because it ends up on my feed sometimes. Must be a public group. I don't think I seen a thread on here though.

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kaibyrd I took a quick look and didn’t see any diet related folders but one could be started.

I’m in several groups on FB, some private and some public so if you are on there you can ask and people are very helpful.

I believe Dr Jordan Peterson’s daughter at one point thought she might have Lyme as well as a host of other illnesses. She has a page called The Lion Diet and talks about her illnesses and how just beef, salt and water healed her and her dad. Jordan Peterson has talked a lot about his only beef diet for the last 5 years. His lab reports are posted on this site also.
https://liondiet.com/my-story/

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Thanks y’all!!!

--------------------
KB

keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keikko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. Wondering if anyone has had a leak in their AC system while having or using a chamber?

I just found out I had an AC leak on the inside of the house this week that they say has been there for some time.

I have not been using the chamber at all for several reasons but maybe it has been challenging because I think I have had this leak for a year.

thanks!

Posts: 137 | From ATX | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Keikko, twice I have used chambers in houses that had water/mold damage and did not know it. The first chamber had a zipper break. Instead of fixing it, we sold it (the buyer knew of both the zipper problem and the mold exposure).

With the second chamber, I washed it down with Windex on the inside. (I read somewhere that it was good to get rid of mold spores. No clue where). Usually I only use H2O2 and water for inside cleaning. But did not think one time using Windex would be a problem. Changed the filters in the oxygen concentrator, wiped down the inside of the cabinet and continued to use it.

I continue to find diving helpful in spite of the water damage exposure. Frankly, we did not have the $$ to buy new.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More support for the benefits of hyperbaric for long-term Covid/cardiac function:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/long-covid-hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy-may-promote-restoration-of-heart-function#The-studys-results

Posts: 1886 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if this has happened to anyone else with the DeVilbiss O2 concentrator. The green light turns yellow sporadically during my dives. I thought this might be due to a loose connection, but if that was the case, I don't think the chamber would stay on.

I wait for the light to turn green before going in my chamber, but now am worried about its safety. I have a call into Newtowne Hyperbarics, where I bought both my chamber and O2 concentrator. I clean the filter weekly. Any ideas what might be happening?

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dbpei,

The yellow light is a low oxygen indicator. Do you also hear an audible signal?

By chance is the concentrator too close to a wall, curtains or in a corner? Does it feel hot?

Could there be a kjnked hose/tubing or blockage in mask?

What LPM do you have it set at?

Are you using a humidifier bottle attachment?

I would disconnect it from the chamber, remove tubing, and run it for an hour as a first step to troubleshoot.

Let us know what happens, and we can go from there...

Posts: 1886 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Phoiph, thanks for responding.

The only audible signal I hear is when I first turn on the concentrator. It is a loud, high-pitched sound for a few seconds. I have heard no other sounds like this while in the chamber.

I will move the concentrator a bit further away from the wall, but it is about 1 1/2 feet from the wall now. We have never noticed it to be hot to touch.

I checked the hoses and did not find any kinks.

I usually set it for 8 LPM.

I don't use a humidifier bottle attachment.

I will try following your suggestions and follow up with you. Thank you.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Phoiph, I was able to run the concentrator for an hour unconnected to my chamber and the light stayed green the entire time. Does this mean that the problem might be in either the outside or inside plastic tubing? I can replace the mask, but where do you get the other plastic tubing that allows the O2 to flow from the concentrator to the chamber?
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Next, I would re-attach tubing and mask and hook it back up to the chamber. Try running it again with NO pressure in the chamber (compressor off, zippers open).

Keep it at 8LPM as you have been doing.

Make sure the brass oxygen valve on the 02 hook up port on the Newtown chamber is all the way open.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

And yes, depending on how warm the room is, and how close your compressor is to your concentrator, you may need to move it further from the wall and your compressor when in use to prevent overheating.

This happened to my AirSep, and I solved it by putting it on a large piece of tile (instead of directly on carpet), moving the unit further from the wall/corner when in use, and directing a small fan toward the area.

But do continue to go through the troubleshooting in the previous post as well...

dbpei
Member # 33574

Phoiph, thank you for all of this help. I did run the concentrator for an hour with the tubing attached, the valves opened, and without using the compressor and I did not zip it up. The green light stayed on the entire time.

Do you think a slight kink in the hoses might have been the culprit? If the yellow light returns, I will try to move the compressor further away from the concentrator and do this type of trouble shooting again. Thank you so much for your help!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

A kink in the tubing could definitely cause the yellow light to go on.

The next step I would try would be to do a trial run with you outside of your chamber, this time zipping up and running everything just as if you were inside.

If the yellow light goes on again when there is pressure inside the chamber, there could be another issue, which we can troubleshoot.

Also check to make sure the LPM stays near 8 where you have set it and doesn't drop during the test dive.

dbpei
Member # 33574

The green light stayed on the entire hour without changing to yellow. The LPM stayed near 8 as well. I am pretty sure that it was a kink in the tubing that caused this to happen.

I use a lot of pillows and a back rest so things may have gotten moved when I was climbing in or out of the chamber. From now on, I will check the tubing carefully before starting my dives. Thank you for your help in troubleshooting, Phoiph.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Great, dbpei!

You're very welcome.

It usually is something simple, like kinked or twisted tubing, but if you do ever notice it again, let me know.

kgg
Member # 5867

Does anyone have an opinion on using mild hyperbaric therapy while taking biologicals? My son who has Lyme/Bartonella/Babesia/Ehrlichia has developed Psoriatic arthritis and takes biologicals. Out of the 4 he has tried only one helped a little. And he ended up having a bad reaction to it so he cannot use that particular one again.

I am still trying to encourage him to use the chamber. But I cannot find information on whether using it, while taking biologicals, would be helpful or counterproductive. They both modify the immune system.

I am going to encourage him to ask his rheumatologist. But I am not confident they would have an informed opinion about hyperbarics. I found medical articles where they use it for Psoriatic arthritis but no mention of using it while taking biologicals.

What do you all think?

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi kgg,

If he has tried 4 biologicals, and he had a negative reaction to the only one that helped him, then what is the rationale for continued use of biologicals?

Since there currently may not be literature on using both mHBOT and biologicals together, maybe you and/or your son could bring the supporting mHBOT articles to his rheumatologist, and ask if he would consider a break from the biologicals so he could do mHBOT?

kgg
Member # 5867

Oh Phoiph, I truly wish!! I am so not a fan of biologicals! It is more convincing my unwilling son. I was hoping to find something about using them together, to help convince him. And hoping someone had some info I could not find. Thank you for responding. As always, much appreciated!
Phoiph
Member # 41238

I understand, and I'll let you know if I come across any related info.

For what it's worth, I'm always willing to share what I've experienced (via myself and others) if he is inclined to discuss.

kgg
Member # 5867

Thank you so much!
Phoiph
Member # 41238

It just occurred to me that this thread just had it's 10th birthday...:)
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph, are you well enough now that you don’t need HBOT for tick borne diseases?

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8894 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Yes, I have been well for the last 10 years, med free, and have not required mHBOT to maintain wellness during that time.

I became well after 1.5 years of daily mHBOT, but continued daily treatments for a total of 2.5 years. I had been very ill and homebound for 8 years.

Although I continue to use my chamber on a limited basis for general health benefits, I have been without it for extended periods of time over the past 10 years without relapse.

kgg
Member # 5867

10 years!!! Wow. It is a wealth of information that can be found here. Thank you!
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Kgg,

Thanks to you and everyone here. It has been a great collaboration!

hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph, thanks for the info and congrats on your wellness!

How wonderful!!! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8894 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Thank you, Hiker53.
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph

Thank you for being such a GREAT Lyme advocate to the Lyme community, especially to the Mild Hyperbaric users!

LymeNet appreciates all your hard work and dedication! 💐

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Thank you, Bartenderbonnie.

It has been 100% a group effort and everyone here deserves a huge thank you for their contribution in putting mHBOT "on the map". We've come a long way in 10 years.

Jazzman
Member # 51913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jazzman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph, I just wanted to add my congratulations on 10 years. Without a doubt, this site, and thread, has helped many people who were a little lost on mHBOT and how to proceed, including myself. Thank you all so much!
Posts: 16 | From Canada | Registered: May 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Thank you, Jazzman, I really appreciate the kind words.

And...thanks again to all the mHBOT trailblazers here that have taken the leap of faith shared their hard-earned knowledge and experience in the spirit of helping others.

I have always been heartened by how positive, helpful, and generous everyone has been on this thread, no matter their current challenges.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

This link came from Marie at Newtowne, demonstrating how someone with mobility issues can enter a chamber by using an elevated platform.

The 2'x 4' tables serving as a platform can be set at 3 different heights, and are available at Costco:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jzaIKOMUeDMjzwF4V0DxFGMjI3_Ocsjo/view?usp=embed_facebook

Miriama
Member # 52545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miriama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys,

For those who got better or greatly improved, were you using antibiotics or herbs at the same time? Or, for those who know the thread. were most people on antibiotics at the same time?

I can no longer tolerate them and only sporadically take herbs because I have difficulty tolerating them, my gut is shot, to add insult to injury. I was wondering if that's going to seriously slow down the process.

I've been treating for 2 and a half years but at a low level, often 35 minutes without an O concentrator. And actually the first 5 months were really low levels of treatment, slowly increasing and I was away for 4 months altogether. Anyway, though I probably have about 1/3 of my brain back, my CD57 is only 24 and I'm lightyears away from being able to get a job. I have been at an hour with the concentrator for over a month now and won't reduce it back down because it no longer turns me certifiable from the die off, I presume. Also, for the record, I did do an hour a day for some months a couple years ago, first a couple without the concentrator, then I tried it with, not sure for how long and I had to back down because it made me insane, like my relationships would melt down spectacularly.

I gather that sometimes your CD57 count is extra low while treating because your immune system attacks when you're herxing and used up those cells.

Also, I've been sick for 20 years so it's gonna go slower for me. It seems to work better than anything else though. Don't be discouraged folks. My case has been pretty bad. Babs too.

That's my update guys. Full steam ahead from now on though.

Good luck

--------------------
Lyme, Babesia, 18 years

Posts: 9 | From California | Registered: Mar 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Yes, there are people on this thread who took no antibiotics. I took antibiotics off and on. Mostly off. It is not speedy. But you can get better.

I am so pleased for you that you are sticking with it!! Good job.

Thanks for the update!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Miriama,

As you know, consistency is crucial with mHBOT, so I am glad to hear you are committed to that now.

Good news regarding your question about not being able to continue to do antibiotics, and wondering if this will slow down your progress with mHBOT...

In my experience, people who are on antibiotics often take longer to experience results with mHBOT, as they will need to take the extra time/sessions to wean off of them slowly once they are more stable on mHBOT.

Also, as you mentioned, gut healing is a crucial factor for healing, which is difficult to achieve when on antibiotics.

I am optimistic with time you will get there; you've already experienced some positive changes which are good signs!

kgg
Member # 5867

Well, I have had an interesting turn of events. I have been trying to treat my Lyme flare with herbals. Samento, Cryptolepsis and Banderol. I was supposed to titrate up to 20-30 drops twice a day. I have been slowly adding a drop every few days. I find I get incredibly irritable and my insomnia is worse. I am taking Skullcap for both of those symptoms. But it gets expensive, even as an herbal, to keep buying a bottle of this stuff.

I got up to 12 drops twice a day of all three. My hands hurt from arthritis pain that I am assuming is coming from the Samento. My irritability is off the charts. I can't stand myself! My poor family. And I have fallen twice from losing my balance. Heartburn and stomach upset.

Herbals are not the light weight treatment I thought they were. I actually tolerate antibiotics better! Ironic, isn't it? So much for Integrative medicines and taking herbals!

As I write this I am in my chamber because day 2 of being off my herbals, I started with intense burning neuropathy in the palms and fingers of my hands! I have never had this before. Aaarrrggghhhhh! Frustrating.

This is why I am soooo glad that I have a home chamber. And I know that I can get better with just hyperbarics. Those herbals were not cheap. Nor the appointment. Plus I have called them twice with messages and have never received a phone call back. Why did I do all of that?? Absolutely no clue. Dumb.

I should write a song about me and my chamber. ;-) I know I can get better in here! Speedy? No. But I got there once and I will get there again.

And after this, I will be developing a maintenance schedule so I do not get here again.

Thanks for listening to my fuss.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

kgg,

So sorry to hear this!

Don't beat yourself up...it's human nature to want to try something novel and experiment :)

I am optimistic that mHBOT will get you back on track sooner than you think. Keep us posted.

OzarksGal
Member # 52787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OzarksGal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Phoiph:
This link came from Marie at Newtowne, demonstrating how someone with mobility issues can enter a chamber by using an elevated platform.

The 2'x 4' tables serving as a platform can be set at 3 different heights, and are available at Costco:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jzaIKOMUeDMjzwF4V0DxFGMjI3_Ocsjo/view?usp=embed_facebook

Posts: 2 | From Satellite Beach, FL | Registered: Dec 2023  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OzarksGal
Member # 52787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OzarksGal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

That was VERY helpful! Makes me want to consider building a custom platform with shelves underneath...
Posts: 2 | From Satellite Beach, FL | Registered: Dec 2023  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Good idea, OzarksGal! We ended up building a bunk bed or raised bed over our chamber. Our home is small since we downsized. We found we were lacking one more twin bed space when we had company. So my husband and friend built a cedar wood bed over the chamber. Of course, now that it is available they haven't come to visit. But at least it is there when needed and I still have my chamber up.
LadyT
Member # 52252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone used mhbot to completely heal dysautonomia? (Severe neurological dysfunction). It was from Lyme and Bartonella, among a whole host of other co-infections. Thank you for any advice/opinions!

Also, does mhbot really get rid of the infections, or if you stop will they come back? Just wondering...I would like to be free of fear

Posts: 34 | From CO | Registered: Dec 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Lady T,

I will let others respond to your questions here since we have already discussed them via phone, and you know my story.

I truly hope hearing other's opinions and experiences will encourage you!

kgg
Member # 5867

LadyT, simply put: Yes!! =)

To be free of fear, you need to start diving and quickly you will get used to diving. It will become so routine you will not be fearful.

It is natural to be fearful. But don't let that stop you from pursuing mild hyperbaric oxygen treatment. You can get better!!

I heard a woman talking about fear one time. Her advise: Do it afraid! I agree.

I don't use the word "cure" in my situation. My tick bites was when I was young and I wasn't diagnosed until I was in my 40's. But! I am sooo much better. I just retired from cut flower farming for three years. Putting in 10 hour days 7 days a week during the growing season. I could not have done that prior to using my chamber. I was almost bedridden when I purchased it.

I now use my chamber for maintenance. Since it is also antiaging, that is not a bad thing.

Miriama
Member # 52545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miriama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Phoiph and Kgg, I really appreciate you getting back to me.

That's really good news about the antibiotics. Do you think the antibiotic herbs also slow healing (by pushing Lyme into the cyst state, I presume)?

I would love to get more updates from other people and not only when they're over the hump, like, what does the half-way mark look like for folks?

I had some significant improvements just in the last few weeks.

Thanks

quote:
Miriama,

As you know, consistency is crucial with mHBOT, so I am glad to hear you are committed to that now.

Good news regarding your question about not being able to continue to do antibiotics, and wondering if this will slow down your progress with mHBOT...

In my experience, people who are on antibiotics often take longer to experience results with mHBOT, as they will need to take the extra time/sessions to wean off of them slowly once they are more stable on mHBOT.

Also, as you mentioned, gut healing is a crucial factor for healing, which is difficult to achieve when on antibiotics.

I am optimistic with time you will get there; you've already experienced some positive changes which are good signs!

--------------------
Lyme, Babesia, 18 years

Posts: 9 | From California | Registered: Mar 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by Miriama:
Thanks Phoiph and Kgg, I really appreciate you getting back to me.

That's really good news about the antibiotics. Do you think the antibiotic herbs also slow healing...

My experience is that it is best to keep it simple and let mHBOT do its job in assisting your neuro-immune system to recover and take care of the pathogens.

The 3 most important components of the protocol are: mHBOT (consistently), gut/nerve healing diet, gentle, graded movement.

You can read kgg's recent experience (above) with herbs...it speaks volumes!

kgg
Member # 5867

Miriama, you wrote: "I had some significant improvements just in the last few weeks."

My response is: Keep going!! Don't add to it. During the time I was diving, I did not feel as horrible as I did on herbals.

I wish more people were active on this post. But unfortunately, many have moved on to FB. Which I really dislike. But that is the times we are in. Hopefully, they will check in and respond.

I will say by mid treatment, I was over all better. But my stamina was not there. If I pushed it too much, I would relapse quickly. So I continued to dive.

Be patient. You will get there!

LadyT
Member # 52252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can any tell me what the mhbot protocol is for Parkinson's? And any other good things to do that you may have heard of that could help/heal? It will be greatly, greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Posts: 34 | From CO | Registered: Dec 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Hi, LadyT! I did a quick search and yes, diving can help Parkinson's. One practitioner had a video saying that mild hyperbarics can be used with Parkinson's. Plus, I did a quick search about Lyme and Parkinson's. There is a thought that Parkinson's could be a complication of Lyme. So yes, diving would help since it helps us with Lyme.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

It is usually treated with mild pressure, just like other neurological conditions. The neurologist/HBOT specialist I am in contact with frequently recommends a home chamber, treating daily.

I have personally witnessed an elderly gentleman with Parkinson's who required 24/7 care from his wife (and on the verge of going into assisted living), recover enough to use power tools in his woodshop and travel.

LadyT
Member # 52252

Thank you both KGG (for your research - that was very kind!) and phoiph for your answers! It was greatly appreciated and I am grateful!
LadyT
Member # 52252

Hello, I am going to be starting mbot soon, but my question is this: I have to take vitamin C (2000-3000mg per day). Is this dose high enough to interfere with mhbot? (I'm using it to treat lyme).
I would appreciate any input! Thank you

Phoiph
Member # 41238

That should be fine, Lady T. The possible concern is more with IV and mega-doses.
Miriama
Member # 52545

Thanks again Phioph and Kgg

Phioph, it's helpful to know that herbs aren't necessary or could even be an impediment because it's hard for me to get them down.

Gut and nerve healing diet?

And thanks a lot Kgg for letting me know what mid-treatment looked like. And especially about relapsing if you pushed too far.

Are you guys totally off treatment? Like, actually in remission? I gather from this people get somewhere between 2/3 to remissions. But, still, total remission is something that's hard for me to imagine.

--------------------
Lyme, Babesia, 18 years

Miriama
Member # 52545

Thanks again Phioph and Kgg

Phioph, it's helpful to know that herbs aren't necessary or could even be an impediment because it's hard for me to get them down.

Gut and nerve healing diet?

And thanks a lot Kgg for letting me know what mid-treatment looked like. And especially about relapsing if you pushed too far.

Are you guys totally off treatment? Like, actually in remission? I gather from this people get somewhere between 2/3 to remissions. But, still, total remission is something that's hard for me to imagine.

--------------------
Lyme, Babesia, 18 years

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Miriama,

I'm not in remission, I've been well for 10 years, no medications, no restrictions (although I continue to stick to a clean, gluten-free diet).

There are many opinions on healing diets. In my experience, for example, a gut/nerve-healing diet would be very clean, organic, no processed foods, no gluten, very limited or no grains, limited goat dairy (no cow), and include lots of good fats/omega 3's, coconut oil, eggs, bone broth, avocados, soaked & dried nuts, quinoa, wild caught salmon and sardines, grass-fed beef, etc.

kgg
Member # 5867

I wish I could say what Phoiph says, but my tick bites were when I was 8. I did not get diagnosed until I was in my 40's. And my family tends to have autoimmune health problems. For me using the word remission is probably more accurate. So I will always dive. And every few years I will do a month of antibiotics to suppress a flare. Lyme loves stress and my life it not with out it.

Prior to Covid I was much healthier. But after getting Omicron I seem to be struggling with keeping the Lyme in control. Which I guess is a known result of having Covid. Covid will make Lyme resurface.

But all in all, as a chronic Lyme patient, I am very happy with the investment into mHBO. And the incredible help it has been for my health.

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbokitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all~
It's been a LONG time! I saw a flurry of activity and I'm on vacation so I thought I'd post an update.
I developed a TBI as a result of a combination of factors in March 2022~I bought a house which had mold and I became very ill (again!) from it. I lived there a total of 6 weeks. Simultaneously, it appears I also had a TBI from cold turkey withdrawal from a magnesium glycerinate that was discontinued. I rapidly went downhill, physically and mentally, resulting in 2 psychiatric hospitalizations and 4 meds to keep me from SI.
As Phoiph knows, I gave away my chamber to a non-moldy (it was now contaminated and I was dry wrenching after using it in the house with mold.
For the next 18 months, I lived in 3 different hotels (the last one for a year). Obviously I could have a chamber-lol. I did mHBOT at a clinic 6 times a week. I also did IV ozone until my veins wouldn't cooperate. And worked on slowly tapering off the meds. (as now my mold related symptoms were gone). It took me 15 months to taper off! My most difficult symptom that led me to be polydrugged was insomnia (like ZERO sleep some nights).
After months and many $$ of testing more permanent housing, I finally moved into an apartment in December. I am so elated to be doing well!
I don't have furniture yet, except for a bed, a camp chair and 2 TV trays (many pieces of furniture are either moldy smelling or too much off-gassing) but I'm slowly working on that. I've continued to dive-although right now I'm away for the month and not diving and doing ok. I will continue to dive when I get back but I think I will be able to cut down my dives per week to maybe 4/week to start.
I hope everyone is doing great! I never thought I'd survive this last exposure but here I am and happy to be here.
Thank you Phoiph and all for your ongoing support!

Posts: 118 | From WI | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi carbokitty!!!

Welcome back! I've thought of you many times and hoped you were doing better. So glad to hear you are doing well now...you've been through so much...congrats!

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbokitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Phoiph!
It was not good for a long while. I, too, am glad to be back and doing well!

Posts: 118 | From WI | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Carbokitty,so happy to hear that you are doing so much better!! Yay!! Those hard times are so challenging. Especially mold. But very happy for you that you are so much improved. Long may it continue!
LadyT
Member # 52252

Has anyone here heard of mhbot healing the brain from benzodiazepine induced brain/neurological damage?
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Yes, I personally know someone who has.

Tapering off was a long, difficult journey, but she was determined, tenacious, and consistent with mHBOT.

She is now completely free of benzos and doing well.

kgg
Member # 5867

I am way past due for an update.

I have owned a chamber for a long time. At least since 2006. I have been telling my healthy husband that he should get in. I never could convince him.

Recently, he finally agreed. I am starting him out VERY slowly. 20 minutes with oxygen flowing into the chamber. The first dive, he went in with right shoulder pain. 20 minutes later he came out with no pain!

Now this is the way it has always been over the many years of Lyme treatment. We buy a new mattress thinking my poor sleep is from it. He sleeps like a baby. I continue with insomnia. But I am so pleased for him that he had this initial reaction! We are older. I believe he will navigate retirement in a much healthier state from using the chamber. For this I am very grateful.

My adult son, who has psoriatic arthritis and on biologicals, gets in as well. He started diving a few months ago. Again, I started him really slowly. I did not want to discourage him with a big herx.

He reports less stiffness. But more importantly, he said he has much less brain fog. He can think clearly. I am grateful for these improvements since he never responded well to traditional Lyme and Bartonella treatments. Hindsight makes me wonder if he wasn't already autoimmune back then and no one realized it.

I continue to get back into diving after a three year break while I was cut flower farming. My autoimmune condition of Sjogren's seems to be not progressing. The arthritis in my fingers is much better when I am diving.

I continue to tweak my diving schedule. But for the most part, since I am just starting to dive for the first time in three years, I am diving at least 4-5 days a week. Trying to at least do back to back days.

I remain grateful to Phoiph for the encouragement to try diving one more time before I sell my chamber! I can't imagine my home without a chamber in it.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Thank you for that amazing update, kgg, and for all of your ongoing help and support on this thread!
LadyT
Member # 52252

Hello all smart people! I am wondering if besides doing mhbot, if anyone has heard of any treatment or protocol that has really helped with parkinson's. Something to stop progression and/or reverse symptoms. Any ideas are extremely appreciated and welcome!!!
kgg
Member # 5867

I could have sworn that Dr. Perlmutter over a decade ago, said that Parkinson's was from Babesia. But I can't find it now. I vaguely recall an IV therapy he was using. Probably long gone.

I did find a page on his site that has a few articles on Parkinson's. He specifically states that a keto diet is helpful.

https://drperlmutter.com/focus-area/parkinsons-disease/

LadyT
Member # 52252

quote:
Originally posted by kgg:
I could have sworn that Dr. Perlmutter over a decade ago, said that Parkinson's was from Babesia. But I can't find it now. I vaguely recall an IV therapy he was using. Probably long gone.

I did find a page on his site that has a few articles on Parkinson's. He specifically states that a keto diet is helpful.

https://drperlmutter.com/focus-area/parkinsons-disease/

LadyT
Member # 52252

Thanks KGG! I'll have to see if I can find him saying that
Miriama
Member # 52545

Thanks Phioph and kgg for getting back to me with updates. Soldier on kgg, it can only get better.

Carbokitty, that sounds horrible!

So guys I was wondering, I have a friend with a TBI and I wanna get him a chamber, but his family is concerned because of his epilepsy. Of course, the risk is negligible at 1.3, but they would feel more comfortable with a hyperbaric specialist, an actual doctor. Someone on here mentioned they had someone who was working with them with their mHBOT. Does anyone know of anyone in Miami or Zoomland? Also, are these actual doctors?

To add to kgg's story about husband...my sister came home with long covid, after 2 hours treatment, she no longer had it.

And if you can't mention doctor's names, just PM me, thanks,

--------------------
Lyme, Babesia, 18 years

This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement