LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 30)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  56  57  58   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
willbeatthis,

I am happy that you started the Keto diet. I firmly believe it accentuates the mHBOT benefits. That and not taking antioxidants really helped me.

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I recently looked more closely at the Keto diet, I realized that it has been the way I have been eating for years.

Even when I was very ill and down to 5-6 of the same foods for those years, unbeknownst to me, they were keto foods.

When I started to improve with mHBOT, I was unknowingly adding more foods from the keto diet. I continue to eat this way.

I have always known that nutrition, especially lots of good fats, played a large part in my recovery.

Thanks to Digby for connecting the dots between the Keto diet and mHBOT [Smile]

P.S...I didn't take antioxidants either...

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what, Phoiph, I had an intuitive feeling you ate this way! I am ready to do a happy dance!!

Bless you Digby too for sharing that you eat this way and it really helps!! What a powerful confirmation from Phoiph and you!

The difference is really astounding! I feel like now mhbot will be accentuated like Digby said [Smile] Onward and upward!!

Thank you so much for the support!!

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to have to look into the keto diet. Honestly that is a struggle for me. Trying to combine a paleo, low histamine, and gastroparesis diet has had me stumped. I'm going to check into it. I'm not nearly as nauseated anymore and am tolerating more foods. I feel like that piece is missing for me.

Glad to hear of everyone's progress. I'm still doing the two steps up one back dance, but overall I'm happy with the progress and much better than I was a year ago.

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is great to hear HW88! You are much better than you were a year ago! Hooray!

You definitely have some diet limitations. I think if I had not done Gaps and still do to some extent with bone broth etc - I always have that on hand. I use it as the base of smoothies- cold of course and low carb. That diet really helped me turn the corner. So far, I'm tolerating macadamias and sprouted nut butter right now and I love it. Wish I had more for you! You'll fix this too! Happy for you!

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foot is coming along good. Prayer, MBOT, cold laser and transdermal ibuprofen seem to be helping.
Posts: 98 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear, Jcarlnew!
Posts: 1684 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reminder
Member # 48228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reminder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Ketogenic as one can get....Candida doesn't help....no cheese or even eggs?

Like others here,this could be the missing piece of the puzzle.....tough when an LLMD keeps saying "take plenty of antioxidants"?

Now thinking about just Magnesium and a good quality Multi vitamin?

I am much better than last year also....just trying to figure out that missing link.

Great to hear the progress here)

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

Posts: 36 | From Florida | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Yay, Jcarl! That is super to hear!

Reminder, are you asking if I can eat eggs or cheese, I wish... dairy is the worst of my allergies, gluten and eggs next. It's definitely a learning curve ferreting out how many carbs, how much protein and fat I can eat to stay in ketosis. I just ordered a blood monitor so I'll feel better moving forward. I suspect I can eat an awful lot of fat- 80 or so grams, 20-30 of carbs and about 60 protein. Quite frankly if someone had told me I'd be doing this, losing weight and feeling mentally clear and better than ever- well, suffice to say, I had such a fat phobia from being an overweight teen and dieting from then on basically - well I wouldn't have believed this was possible.

I am thankful for the others out there like Phoiph and Digby that have shared their experiences in such profound ways. Finding our ways out of all this... the support along with mhbot is more valuable than I can express.

I hope this may help you Reminder. This is such a special team! Hugs all! [group hug]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, many of us grew up in the "low fat" propaganda era, and weren't aware of the differences between good and bad fats. The pressure to be very thin was also very high at the time, and so there were a lot of "food substitutes" (e.g., margarine, saccharine, aspartame) designed to cut calories from fat and sugar.

I believe eating this type of low fat diet for years, combined with over-exercising can deplete many crucial nutrients, including Vitamin A. This can potentially make one vulnerable to illnesses later in life.

Although I though I was healthy, I often wonder if this type of lifestyle contributed to the severity of my Lyme illness, as I may have had less reserves.

You can Google "Weston Price" for great information regarding diet, fats, recipes, etc.

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wondering what brand of bone broth.. (I know it's probably best homemade, but being honest, it won't happen.

So happy to hear everyone's progress. I had some big family stress come up (We are moving) and I took a major dip.

Stress seriously does a number on our bodies. Before that, I actually slept through the night for several nights in a row.

That is unheard of for me for YEARS! Now I'm back to not sleeping. Doh. But those night I did sleep...ahhh. the BEST thing ever... it will come again. Gotta keep the stress level low with this move somehow.

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

HW88~

If you look up the Weston Price chapter in your area, you should be able to contact them for local sources.

Also, there may be Amish farms in your area that sell broth.

If you don't find one, I know of an Amish farm in Pennsylvania that makes/ships broth, fermented foods, grass fed butter, beef, etc. I can check in with them if need be.

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88, if you need a packaged bone broth, try Kettleandfire.com

They have Organic beef and chicken bone broth. It's a bit pricey but very good.

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking4hope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All,

I thought I would post a quick update, considering I had to "Unread", private messages from those inquiring about my "Health", years later!
I want to first start off my stating I don't necessarily "Dive", or even eat for that matter the way I initially did when I first started diving!

With the aforementioned being said I both currently are & planning to change both these variables now that I have a little more time to do so(-:

I currently dive every couple months, for one hour duration "And I personally don't use my air concentrator".

The reason I don't dive more often is because my "Herxes", have always for the most part been somewhat difficult however this is my fault I believe?

If my diet were (IE) better as history has illustrated then my Lymphatic System, wouldn't have to do so much darn work getting rid off the left over debris "MHBOT", destroys!

I have noticed that when I personally "Dive Outside", "Earth", "Eat Clean", "Drink Lots Of Water", a few days leading up to the dive the Herx is usually roughly 50% less!

Two weeks ago, after not diving for over three months I became super fatigued etc. As history has illustrated I knew it was time to "Dive". So here I am two weeks later feeling much better & really focusing on what I need to do in order to start diving more often!

I made a ton of progress when I was diving five days a week initially, and plan to get back to that schedule this year "Slow & Steady"(-:

Looking back on this whole journey I truly believe things like "Environment" are often times overlooked! Of-course "MHBOT", "food", "earthing", "Magnet Therapy", "Increasing Voltage", in the body all helped while healing however "Environment", also plays a crucial role!

I'm also incorporating a more rigid "Training Program", into my protocol lifting extremely heavy "Iron", for only 25 minutes 2-3 times a week!

My Theory is that by doing so my pituitary gland will be forced to produce more Growth Hormone, which will strengthen my immune system!

This thread along with an abundance of genuine altruistic love & guidance from "Phoiph", saved my life!

I will post here once again after I start diving more regularly coupled with some of the the other variables mentioned above. I have already started incorporating "Lifting Heavy", which I tend to have flare up from for approximately 6-8 hours after training!

So after reading the above I hope this gives some of you "Hope"(-: I personally believe the potential of MHBOT is still in it's infancy!

We are learning more and more about the awesome potential of this amazing healing modality everyday often times via forums such as this!

I also truly believe that I personally will achieve or attain a level of health more akin to "Phoiph", once I start diving more regularly again!

It's not fair to compare myself to "Phoiph", as I haven't exactly been the best student at times "Chuckle"(-: Once I figure out a way lessen the blow pertaining to "Herxes", which I will do make no mistake about it "Game Over"!

I know some of you out there are extremely ill right now, however please hang on there is "Hope"!

I had lost all Hope after years go going to a myriad of different doctors etc as we all do with nothing seemingly getting better....only worse!

My encephalopathy was so bad I literally couldn't think my way out of paper bag. My story is documented here for anyone who wishes to read it!

If anyone has any questions please feel free to message me, and I will get back to you ASAP! I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner to those who messaged me...for some reason I wasn't alerted or the alert ended up in my spam folder)-:

In closing this thread has awesome potential should one step out and take a true leap of "Faith", or in Greek "Pistis"!

The genuine "Agape", or Love here without question saved my life! I sincerely hope some of you here are making progress and wish you all the best! [Smile]

Posts: 50 | From San Diego | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thank you phoiph and digby for the recommendations. I will look into it.

I've been diving for 2 months. It is a dance for sure. back and forth. But I have had better days than I have in years. And the down days still stink, but more and more good days are coming. The best is yet to come.

Thanks for the hope looking4hope. I think that is one of the things ALL of us need during this journey over and over again. Hope.

I still feel diet is my missing piece. Trying to figure out some balance there.

thank you all for the love and hope!

Looking4hope
Member # 43181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking4hope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88, Always remember how fortunate you are to have a chamber for the rest of your life! It will undoubtedly serve you well for the rest of your life should you need it for anything!

Your absolutely right "Diet", along with increasing voltage in the body are "HUGE". I found that when I started diving outside on "Concrete", or the grass it really helped mitigate my Herxes and increase the efficacy of my dives!

Your on your way to healing "I can tell", after years of both personal experience and that of hearing from others!

Your going to have your "Good Days", and "Bad Days", however just remember many of us have gotten through it and so will you(-:

Even though I knew the Herxs would eventually fade while I felt like some of them were going to last forever! The faster you can figure out a way to lessen the blow pertaining to the Herxs the more inclined you will be to complete more dives.

Give yourself time to heal this isn't race but rather more akin to a marathon.

If one was to help a Buttterfly out of it's cacoon to fast one might damage the butterflies wings. My point being even though the butterfly made it out of the cacoon it died shortly after because the process was "Rushed"(-:

Your not alone and have an abundance of help via this thread should you need it! Just reading some of these threads while I was super sick personally gave me "True Hope"...they still do from time to time when I come back!

Keep doing what your doing...sometimes the changes are so small that they almost seem
negligible! However eventually all of those negligible changes will be extremely noticeable in due time to both yourself and those around you(-:

[ 06-29-2017, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Looking4hope ]

Posts: 50 | From San Diego | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi HW88: Yes, please hang in there. This too will pass. Yes, just figuring out how to handle the stress of moving, maybe doing a little bit each day in preparation might help you. When I had to move, I tried to reframe it. I cleaned out stuff so that when I moved, it was a a paring down experience and honestly, having done a little each day, well, that is what got me through. We are thinking of you... Yes, Digby's and Phoiph's recommendations are great. Believe it or not, it really is not that hard. If you have a Whole Foods or something around you that can cut a whole chicken into 8 with the backbone- no gibbies, and then you just put that in a pot with some salt and water and I put it to a boil and then bring it down to the lowest temp and leave it overnight. I then take the meat from the bones in the morning. It is healthy for you as it is easy to digest cooked like this. You transfer the broth to a glass container - I like the 8 cup rubbermaid glass ware and cool/store that in the fridge. It will typically gel up. Good stuff. Then, after getting the meat off, take those bones and cut them up and the skin, cartlidge etc and put that back in the original pot with water and boil that for ( I use a slow boil if I have a lot of time) and a rapid boil if I don't and can be right there watching it. I do the best I can too with this. Generally I let it boil for 12-14 hours if I can. I learned this from GAPS. You then strain that and the broth if you didn't strain that originally and put it in a pot and yum, yum, you've got what you need. Now there are more fancy recipes and ones that include ACV- I just stick to what I learned from Gaps. Seems to have served me well. It really does the work on its own assuming you've got a butcher. I am not so good with butchering a chicken so my butchers have truly become friends to me on this journey. God bless them. I hope this may help you!

Phoiph and Digby.... You are SAINTS! Thank you for all of the love and encouragement!

Looking4hope- Glad you are finding your way to healing. I think we all have such unique journeys.

So far so good in these parts [Smile] I am navigating the ketogenic diet (had some food allergy flares- macadamia nuts and avocados) but it seems now that I cleared those out, I am in a better place. Just ordered a ketonix. Found a good deal on ebay. That way I can measure my ketones without pricking. I found I was not too good with that.

Trying to sort through the information on Candida as it seems to be flaring but I believe it is more of a cleansing. Paul Jaminet says Keto is not good if you have Candida (I think I only have a bit left)-- but quite frankly, if I ate his Perfect Health Diet- I'd have a bad case of candida. So, it is honestly such a personal journey for each and every one of us.

On a hooray note, I seem to be handling chemicals better. I had to have some work done around the house that would have set me back in the past I believe so -- goodness, I am grateful to MHBOT and to Phoiph, Digby and all those that contribute here! Onward and Upward!

HW88- I will be praying for your peace, comfort and strength through your move....

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi All- to comment on my last post re: ketogenic diets and candida, if you listen to Jimmy Moore's podcast number 25- a doctor was on there saying that the Jaminet info was outdated and a fallacy. So indeed, I'm getting rid of the last little bit I have. Hooray! Very interesting this journey! Hugs All!
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to report my status. After reaching 60 minutes full pressure and oxygen mask on June 9th, I had an abdominal flare three weeks later that sent me to the emergency room.

I spoke with Phoiph and decreased my time but my condition has not improved. I stopped the chamber a week ago and I'm still not at my "baseline" normal.

I have a 15 minute phone consultation with my LLMD and will be asking him about what could have caused this flare up and why is it still here.

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty disheartened and am currently afraid to chamberize.

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Oh soccermama, I am so sorry to hear this. I think you are wise to speak with your LLMD. I am praying for your healing.

When you say a stomach flare, what exactly do you mean? Is it possible you had real GI involvement and the oxygen was hitting it. I know if it sent you to the ER it had to have been scary. Just trying to better understand. Glad you are talking with your doc soon. Thinking of you!

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The stomach flare is abdominal pain and nausea. It starts in the morning and is unrelenting. It is the first symptom I experienced in 2011 and has remained on and off despite treatment.

There is no rhyme or reason and I can't find the triggers. My doctor believes that it is mast cell activated. He also thinks that most of my symptoms are mast cell related.

He was not the original doctor that I saw in 2011. I never saw the gains from lyme treatment that I thought I should from antibiotics. I was bit by a tic in May and started on herbal treatments five months later with antibiotic treatments in January.

My doctor doesn't believe that mHBOT is curative for lyme or mast cells and actually thinks that the oxygen could have activated my current condition. It is his opinion that I should stop the chamber.

My husband disagrees. He said that even good, open-minded doctors can rush to an opinion and he thinks I should get stabilized on the medicines my doctor is recommending and start back in the chamber with a very slow progression.

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soccermama, I am so sorry that you are having these gi symptoms. So hard. Are you able to pin point the pain?

Let me tell you about my experience and see if it resonates. I would wake up feeling a little off. As the day went on I would feel worse. By noon I would be in bed nauseated, diarrhea and feeling yucky. There was no specific place to point to that bothered me in my abdomen. Then as it resolved I would be aware of lower/mid right sided discomfort. It would last a few days as I slowly got my appetite back. It would occur episodically. After a year, I found out it was my appendix.

I had a colonoscopy. Clear. I had a GYN ultrasound, clear. I did not have an elevated WBC. And only ran a low grade fever if any.

I truly hope that they are able to get to the bottom of this for you quickly. Nausea is just the pits.

{{{Gentle hugs}}}

Posts: 1684 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Soccermama,

Sorry you are having nausea and pain. I also have mast cell issues and find diet really tricky to figure out. In my case foods and environmental allergies trigger me and mHbot does not. Keep us posted.

Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi Soccermomma- Kgg really shared some good info. I hope it helps you. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. It sounds really hard. I agree with your husband. I will be honest in saying that nothing has helped me as much as this has so far. I hope you can slowly build back up when you're stable. Godspeed.
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Wow, thank you for the support and love!!! I've been working at going through a little each day to prepare for the move and then relying on my husband, like I do for everything else. He's the BEST!

Soccermama, so sorry for the flare in stomach issues. Nausea was one of my biggest symptoms for so so long and MISERABLE. It is finally starting to do a bit better. I had a gastro emptying test done and my vagus nerve wasn't pumping my food in my stomach. It would just sit there.

Most if not ALL of my symptoms have been due to the nervous system. NOT FUN!

I remember the first time I heard my stomach gurgle and felt it move. It was amazing. Lol.

After almost 2 1/2 months, I've worked up to an hour in the chamber with 50 minutes of oxy. Only 10 more minutes to add on.

Sending hugs to all in need today!

etb6855
Member # 48383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for etb6855     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am new to this post. I searched it after my son who lives in
San Francisco called me to tell me a friend had texted him about an MD friend who runs a regenerative medicine clinic in So Cal.

He said that the MD has had almost 100% success with hyperbaric ozone therapy; hence researching this topic.

I cannot process 90% of what I am reading but do understand you need a prescription. What diagnosis code does the doctor use on the prescription for the chamber and the oxygen concentrator (yea I remember something from 35 years of nursing)

Does anyone know of someone in New Orleans LA area that may have a chamber? Obviously I cannot afford one as have not worked since 5/2016 and still awaiting SSDI determination.

Also can someone send me a link to the diet? Is it like Ideal Protein?
I have been pretty strict Paleo WAY before I got ill...was a huge cyclist, taught 2 spin classes a week since 1997, functional training and yoga. Now I can barely get out of bed and move to the sofa and have gained 12 pounds.

My doctor wants to test me for SIBO but it costs $900. I have Medicaid but only Doctors Data and Genova do the tests the doctor wants.

Thanks; desperate to get my life back as I heard a friend of my husbands say that he was sharing "how bad it is, she can't even wash dishes"...hopefully he didn't share that he has to help me to the bathroom, shower or wash my hair some days. [loco]

Posts: 86 | From LA | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
etb6855
Member # 48383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for etb6855     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am new to this post. I searched it after my son who lives in
San Francisco called me to tell me a friend had texted him about an MD friend who runs a regenerative medicine clinic in So Cal.

He said that the MD has had almost 100% success with hyperbaric ozone therapy; hence researching this topic.

I cannot process 90% of what I am reading but do understand you need a prescription. What diagnosis code does the doctor use on the prescription for the chamber and the oxygen concentrator (yea I remember something from 35 years of nursing)

Does anyone know of someone in New Orleans LA area that may have a chamber? Obviously I cannot afford one as have not worked since 5/2016 and still awaiting SSDI determination.

Also can someone send me a link to the diet? Is it like Ideal Protein?
I have been pretty strict Paleo WAY before I got ill...was a huge cyclist, taught 2 spin classes a week since 1997, functional training and yoga. Now I can barely get out of bed and move to the sofa and have gained 12 pounds.

My doctor wants to test me for SIBO but it costs $900. I have Medicaid but only Doctors Data and Genova do the tests the doctor wants.

Thanks; desperate to get my life back as I heard a friend of my husbands say that he was sharing "how bad it is, she can't even wash dishes"...hopefully he didn't share that he has to help me to the bathroom, shower or wash my hair some days. [loco]

Posts: 86 | From LA | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

oh etb, welcome and I'm sorry. Your story is like so many of ours. Very active people brought down to needing help taking a bath.

Have you been tested for lyme? Are you seeing a LLMD?

There are many here that can answer your questions better than I, but I was doing some reading today. This is an article on bacteria and oxygen from Penn State that is interesting if you feel like a little reading.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/12/161208090742.htm

etb6855
Member # 48383

Thanks! My extremely active life came to a halt 3 weeks to the day that I was hiking the Greenbelt in Austin with my daughter. Saw a tick crawling on her, flicked it off. We did quick tick check all good, cont on and then wham 3 weeks later could not walk and in worst pain of my life. And I can say that from numerous cycling crashes over the years!

Nothing like it, immediately had foot drop and was told it was a "acute radiculopathy due to pinched nerve", 3 rounds of steroids, then came the tremors, uncontrollable leg movements, HA, fatigue, vision etc etc.

Was sent to neurologist and tested for everything including Lyme by Quest which was of course neg. None the less he treated me with 30 days of Doxy and 2 weeks of IV Rocephin. Some symptoms a little better and some worse.

6 months after possible bite went to Integrative Medicine MD who sent labs to Igenex (2 months after completing Rocephin) and tested IgM positive for 31, 34,41 &58 and pos IgG for 41. IFA was "equivocal".

Also tested positive for black mold, glitoxin, and MARCONS. Now have all the "collateral damage"; HPA axis dysfunction, hormone irreg, major inflammation, dysautomomia and on and on.

Eye sight JUST got better so reading article now! Thanks!!!

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Etb- I do not know of the codes you would use. You may want to message Phoiph to see if she knows of any groups in New Orleans where you could share a chamber.

The diet I've used has been from the book by Jimmy Moore- Keto Clarity. It can be ordered from Amazon and he has a podcast.

The GAPS Diet is also good to heal your gut.

It sounds like you need appropriate and potentially aggressive medical attention right now from what you've described until you can locate a next step-mild hyperbaric or whatever. Your case seems to be aggressive from what you've described. I would try to get to the best Burrascano like doctor you can as a first step. Seeking Doctors thread could help there. Godspeed for your healing.

kgg
Member # 5867

Welcome, etb6855. Im sorry you are having health problems but glad you found us. I am not aware of anyone in the New Orleans area, but that does not mean there isn't anyone. Isn't Dr. Paul Harch from there? He wrote The Oxygen Revolution. He runs a place that does deep dives opposed to the mild chambers we use.

Are you out of the mold at this point? I am just now exploring mold for both myself and son. It is a Pandora's box.

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Phoiph and others, I'm hoping you can weigh in. I I read this information on this site.

http://hyperbaric.weebly.com/

Inflatable chambers cannot achieve internal pressures over 1.3 ATA (10fsw)—yet scientific studies show that oxygen becomes bacteriostatic at 1.5ATA (16fsw) and that pressures lower than this cannot kill bacteria but will actually enhance the growth of certain molds, fungus and aerobic bacteria.

(Textbook of Hyperbaric Medicine, page 143,4th Revised Edition, K.K. Jain, et al.)

I tried a google search to find more information and every HBOT site that doesn't believe in soft chambers has this same quote.

I also found the textbook. He has an updated version that discusses HBOT use in lyme disease but the textbook either in the 4th or latest version is over $100. Too much money to spend to verify if they are using the quote in context.

Just wanted to know anyone's thoughts on this

kgg
Member # 5867

It is my understanding that mild hyperbaric oxygen treatment does not kill bacteria. But it does modify the immune system so that it can deal with the bacteria.

I recently read an article that mild hyperbaric improves mold toxicity or at least some symptoms of it. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2998645/

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Just messaged Phoiph. I think she is the person to answer these concerns SM. I have the same understanding that KGG has. Godspeed!
Phoiph
Member # 41238

soccermama~

I have seen the link/site you posted. I have contacted them in the past about their propaganda against soft chambers and to let them know that a soft chamber saved my life. They never responded, and they don't let on as to who they are.

Unfortunately, manufacturers and vendors of clinical hard chambers have a lot to lose if word gets out that people are having success with their own home chambers.

I don't find the statement quoted (p. 143) in your post in my (5th edition) version of the "Textbook of Hyperbaric Medicine" by K.K Jain. It does state on p.137, however, that pressures lower than 1.3 ATA can promote the growth of aerobic bacteria by enhancing oxygen delivery to injured tissues.

This is likely why higher pressures are indicated for different conditions, like infected, non-healing wounds or burns, for example.

More importantly, IMO, it also states that phagocytic leukocytes (white blood cells) present the first and most important line of defense against microorganisms introduced into the body...and that the capacity of the leukocytes to kill depends largely on the amount of oxygen available to them.

So, although mHBOT does have certain pathogen-killing properties, I agree with kgg that empowering the immune system to do its job is likely the broader and more important effect.

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

soccermama, I agree that the main effect of mHBOT is the immune function improvement, however I have to say that I have done both, the big chamber (2.4 atm) and the mild chamber...the big chamber made me much worse and the mild chamber has given me my life back.

I agree with Phoiph on the agenda of that site...follow the money.

soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Okay,Phoiph. If I understand your post correctly, the statement was in reference to wound healing and people on other "hard" chamber sites have taken that information out of context and used it for ALL conditions.

I really believe that the Lyme MD is a well educated man and not prone to use treatments unless there is some science behind it or it has to make common sense to his mind.

He has documented on his blog numerous times the use of chamber as at least an adjunct to treatment and is still trying to figure out the "sweet" spot for curing.

I've just had a really bad flare that seemed to be triggered by the chamber. It was unexpected because last year when I first purchased the chamber, I went over 34 days at full pressure and mask without any incident before a window blew out and I had to stop.

This time I was at 16 days when I had a complete crash. So I'm a little spooked. It's been two weeks since I've been in the chamber. I'm now on antibiotics for a UTI. (Go figure where that came from.) After I finish, I'm going to begin again much more slowly.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

soccermama~

The statement wasn't in my revised copy (5th Edition) of the textbook at all (at least not that I could find, and not on P.143).

I don't have a copy of the 4th edition, so I don't know if that statement actually appears in it, and in reference to what, or what context.

I do know that propoganda-makers like to hyper-focus on statements that grab attention and invoke fear and doubt in those that don't have a broad enough knowledge base to put the statement into a relevant context.

I am sorry you had a crash...we did talk about the time gap, what has happened between then and now, and why you might have reacted more intensely this time.

IMO, you are wise to start very slowly next time.

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks, Phoiph and Digby. Your experience and expertise are 2nd to none.

Hang in there soccermoma. We are rooting for you... slow, slow, slow [group hug]

reminder
Member # 48228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reminder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Phoiph.....dive 425....diet ketogenic (not easy for me)and feeling much better 80% of the time...I was very sick a few years back.

Slow is right willbeatthis)

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

Posts: 36 | From Florida | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

SM, I'm sorry you crashed after 16 days. I thought I was working up slowly and did so in a month. I realized even THAT was too quickly for me. I'm at about 2.5 months, 1 hr a day and ALMOST 1 hr of oxygen. I'm about 10 minutes off.

On another note. Does anyone know how well mhbot works with PTSD? I have so many traumatic memories that surround this illness. Sometimes I do pretty well with it and then it will hit me. I will go to a certain store or down a road that will remind me of something and BAM, the fear and anxiety fly and I can hardly bring myself to think of those moments without panic.

Hoping that goes away sometime.

How is everyone else doing?

Phoiph
Member # 41238

HW88...

I can attest to how well mHBOT works for PTSD.

Often times, during my illness, I thought that even if by some miracle I were to get well, I would be psychologically scarred and traumatized for life due to the protracted, and tortuous nature of the ordeal.

It still amazes me that I am able to talk about my experience in detail without trauma or discomfort. I believe 100% it is due to the brain healing effects of the chamber.

Not only do I believe mHBOT is responsible for this effect, but during my healing with mHBOT I also mentally "revisited" difficult times and unresolved issues in my pre-Lyme past, and feel much more at peace with these issues as well. None of this emotional repair took any effort; the issues were just more present in my mind for a time, then faded away, as if they were being worked on in the background.

You may know that mHBOT is being used to treat PTSD in Veterans:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5077240/

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Welcome, etb6855...

You do need a prescription to purchase a new or used chamber from a manufacturer, but the prescription does not need to include a diagnostic code.

A diagnostic code may be necessary if you are seeking insurance reimbursement for mHBOT...but best of luck with that. Unless you have one of the 15 conditions approved by Medicare, they won't cover it, and will not pay for a home chamber even if you do have one of the 15 conditions.

The 15 approved conditions are included in this link: https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy.html

I don't currently know of anyone in your area who is sharing a chamber. That said, there have been people who have used crowd funding (GoFundMe) to raise enough cash to rent a chamber from month to month from a resource I will gladly share with you. One person who used to post on LymeNet ("Lymeboy") did this as a last resort, and is now doing great and has his life back fully.

I (we) will help you navigate the process.

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph, I have been wondering how Lymeboy was doing. I corresponded with him a lot years ago.

I am SO happy that you say he now has his life back fully!!! I can hardly believe it.

Please tell him how much it means to me to hear this!

And, I am so happy that you stepped in and helped him in his very dark, dark time. Wow!!

I would LOVE to hear from him.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

TF...

I am so very happy for him also!

He keeps promising he will post here again...but is having trouble finding the time, as he is so busy now. I'll twist his arm...:)

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks Phoiph as always you are a giver of hope.

I love that there is another success story. I would also love to hear from lymeboy. [Smile]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Aw, thanks HW88...I've seen so many people turn around, that there is great reason to have hope...
etb6855
Member # 48383

Thanks Phoiph and all who posted here! I have another possible treatment venue that another friend turned me on to just like our friend who shared about HBOT with my California son (which then led me here!!)

I will post under seeking doctors but just if the chance someone on this thread is familiar, has anyone seen Dr. W in Idaho? You can PM me!

Thanks again...trying to explore it all when I have the energy, eyesight etc to do so...

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Yes, SO incredible for Lymeboy! It is always so encouraging to hear how well he is! Phoiph- you have been so good to so many!

July 29 will be 6 months for me with daily mhbot! I'm excited. I'd say the gains are pretty tremendous- I feel like I am getting my real life back one day at a time! Hang in there team! We can do this! [group hug]

Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay Willbeatthis, so happy you are doing well.
Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reminder
Member # 48228

was 80% ketogenic,now all in.

for the longest time taking a "green powdered drink" every morning....just reviewed the label (with a semi clear mind) and realized it's loaded with wheats,barley and I'm allergic to these ingredients,I see the benefits of other ingredients,however,trying to get the most from diving,really starting to think the diving is doing enough so why add so many supplements?

Thanks,good health to all)

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

willbeatthis, yeah!!! So glad to hear of your progress.

I asked this over in medical, but no responses, so I'll ask here. a lot of my symptoms are improving, but the one that WILL NOT BUDGE is my head.

It's a dizzy, buzzy, eye strain, pressure type feeling. Any thoughts or suggestions on this? I think if I could get my head (and sleep, which, I feel like goes with my head issues) to improve, I would be SOO close to feeling mostly normal.

Any thoughts?

Phoiph
Member # 41238

HW88~

I remember that feeling well.

IMO, the answer is: "It takes time". With mHBOT, symptoms resolve in their own time and particular order...and it may not be the order we would choose.

I found that some of the earliest, worst and most longstanding symptoms were among the last to resolve, but to my surprise, resolve they did.

Also, make sure your diet is in order, along with graded gentle exercise. I can't emphasize the importance of these two pieces of the puzzle enough. The gut rules the head!

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks phoiph. I'm trying to get diet in order and working on gentle exercise.

My head and my stomach were my first symptoms, so.... I guess they are going to be my last! LOL

Thank you so much!

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi HW88- Glad Phoiph could help with that.... Hang in there...

Well, most of you all know that I was thinking my hypo had reared its head - well it did...

I had my doctors appt. yesterday and my TSH was 5.0. It is supposed to be between 1-2. Thus, he has me on a new regimen supplementing my natural desiccated thyroid medicine (T3 and T4 combo.) with T3. I am SO thankful.... I was definitely at my lowest...

Thanks for all of the encouragement here. Onward and upward....

Way to go, Reminder on the Keto! I am all in and I don't think I will ever go back. I wouldn't say that I try to get deep into ketosis but ketosis definitely works for me!

Keep going strong O2 Team!

Digby, Jolley, soccermama, Kgg- any updates. Thinking of you all!

kgg
Member # 5867

TSH of 5!! You must have been dragging big time!

I am hanging in there. Maine is finally having summer weather in the last couple of weeks. I was beginning to wonder if it was going to be the summer that wasn't.

In the process of finding mold and having it remediated in our home, we have come to the conclusion to down size. My husband had his heart act up. Which made us all evaluate the what if's? So we found a home. Now we need to sell this one.

I continue to dive daily except when I wake up stuffy. So about once a week I miss a day. Not sure what is making me stuffy at night. I have rag weed allergies but they are not out yet. At least I don't think it is.

Hope every one is having a good summer.

BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BryanRosner1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, I need to catch up on this thread, but for now I need help with what could be an urgent question:

My compressor gets VERY hot to the touch after a 1.5 hour session. So hot I could only touch it for about 3 seconds before I pull my hand away. This obviously scares me since, if it lit on fire while I was IN the chamber, I wouldn't even know it. Can people confirm if this is normal, or an issue and I should get a new compressor?

Thanks for your input.

Posts: 123 | From Tahoe | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Yep, KGG 5.180- crazy. I knew I was in the dumps. Worse though are my titers EBV. EBV Ab VCA, IGG was greater than 600 (the range is 0-17.9) Yikes, I am cringing typing this. My CD 57 was 82. I don't have an old one to compare to.

He has me taking monolaurin, L Lysine and something called Immucore for 90 days. My EBV acute infection IGM is negative. So this is an old infection obviously.

Enough on all that. I am in the right hands now.

With regard to you waking up stuffy -- well, honestly, if you are re-mediating mold.... that is very likely the cause if you were me... I always get stuffy with mold. In the deep southland here [Wink] it is humid and moldy.... I run dehumidifiers as if they are non negotiable here because they are.

That sounds like a good plan to downsize, take off some stress and find a MOLD FREE home if you can. Do check the air system. Folks forget to check that and if it is in the ducts or system itself-- well, it spews out. I had a 20,000 dollar remediation because of an old air system about 6 years ago. And sure enough, before I figured it out, I was stuffy and my allergies were going nuts.

Hang in there KGG! All of this sounds like it is coming to a good end. Enjoy pitching things and donating what can be used (or selling). We don't need so much stuff anyway.

Thanks for the encouragement. I think higher ground is in the works for the both of us and this team as a whole...

Soccermomma, I sure hope you are feeling better.

Digby, do you have any suggestions with my EBV rearing its head other than what I have been given (up above). You may know of my doc, Dr. S who wrote a chapter in the Stop the Madness Thyroid book and is also an ILADS dr. God bless him. He is getting filled to the gills here.

Thanks for all team... you rock!

Hey, sweet Phoiph, any suggestions on my recent blood work? HUGS ALL!

[group hug]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by BryanRosner1:
Hi everyone, I need to catch up on this thread, but for now I need help with what could be an urgent question:

My compressor gets VERY hot to the touch after a 1.5 hour session. So hot I could only touch it for about 3 seconds before I pull my hand away. This obviously scares me since, if it lit on fire while I was IN the chamber, I wouldn't even know it. Can people confirm if this is normal, or an issue and I should get a new compressor?

Thanks for your input.

The oil-less smaller compressors do get hot.

It helps to allow air circulation around the compressor, and place it on a hard surface (rather than carpet, etc.). Make sure there are no kinks in the tubing, and check the air intake filters (the 2 black spheres) to make sure they are not clogged. These can be unscrewed from the compressor, then twisted apart (sometimes difficult to do). There is a paper filter inside that can be dusted off if necessary.

I would also check with the Oxyhealth technician at 877.789.0123.

BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BryanRosner1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Phoiph. Can you tell me if this is a normal thing to have connected to the compressor? It looks like some kind of inline air filter?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HHcRHSKEo9k7izgb2

Posts: 123 | From Tahoe | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Yes, that is standard to your compressor...
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks,Phoiph,for always saving the day! Bryan, I hope everything is a- okay with your compressor and you are making strides!! [group hug]
Survivorgirl1
Member # 44031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Survivorgirl1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi divers!

I’m still diving.
For 3 years now and counting.
I’m still very sick but doing much better than I was 3 years ago.

In 2 weeks I get a PICC line for a month. (rocephin)

Does any of you know if it’s okay to dive with a PICC line?
Do I maybe have to take any precautions?

Hope to hear…. [Smile]

@kgg, thnx for your previous reply in March!

Survivorgirl1

Posts: 16 | From Europe | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Good to hear from you Survivorgirl! Phoiph will know this answer!

Glad you are doing better... [group hug]

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been a few months since I've posted. I've been busy with work, treatment, exercise and fun. I'm still trying to find a good balance in my life and ensure I'm getting enough rest to stay strong.

Here's my latest update video. I hope everyone is still experiencing gains and a new level of health.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3QgnlKF7tgI

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Survivorgirl1~

My best advice would be to talk with the surgeon who is placing your PICC line.

Let them know you are doing mild hyperbaric with supplemental oxygen, and at what pressure, and ask if there are any precautions (e.g., regarding air in the line, etc.).

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better than 3 years ago, but very sorry you are still struggling.

There are very knowledgeable and helpful people here that may have suggestions if you feel inclined to share an update...

kgg
Member # 5867

Peimomma, thanks for posting your update video. It gives great encouragement to watch them. There is hope!

I am thrilled to hear that your c4a is within normal range now.

Quick update: I keep saying I need to sit down and count what # dive I am on. My record keeping since last Fall has not been efficient. We listed our house yesterday. We found a new one in the same general area. So my near future is going to be maintaining a show ready house and packing. Ugghh. I said I would never move again. Never say never!

The symptoms that I am most aware of are short term memory issues, chills and low energy. I think the low energy has a lot to do with moving yet again. I also dropped my T4, the chills and low energy could be from that. I have not had my levels checked in a while. It also could be from not taking my bioidentical hormones since April. I see my PCP in a couple of weeks. So hoping to sort this out then.

Lastly, I have not totally given up on the FODMAP diet. But I have eased into using some good products that I used prior. My gut is not totally happy with it. I think onion and garlic are not my friend.

That's it. Hope everyone is doing as well as possible!

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi KGG- That sounds like thyroid to me-chills and no energy. Do you take basal Temps in the morning? That may be a good thing to bring your doc. Thinking of you - quite frankly getting out of mold will be worth your efforts- inch by inch, anything is a cinch! Thanks, Momma! How I miss her!

Peimomma! You Go! So proud of you! Yes! Thank you for doing these videos and all your help! You and Philoph are amazing! I get the struggle with balance...Thank you for all you have given to this community and beyond! So happy for you!

Thinking of this dear team- dive on! Hugs!

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hey KGG: I think all those symptoms may be thyroid. That is encouraging you know.

I backed off the dive time and could definitely tell a difference. I am now at my 90 minutes again and I can still feel herxing after but it tends to keep me in good shape needing the rife less (THANK YOU ALMIGHTY GOD and FRIENDS HERE- PHOIPH [Smile] ) So, here's to dedication and time with his mode of treatment. Keep diving team... HUGS!

kgg
Member # 5867

Willbeatthis, so you stayed at 90 minutes?! I am glad you are tolerating it OK.

My house went under contract yesterday. So now I am in packing mode.

lapis29
Member # 47626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lapis29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looking to get a chamber. couple questions

can you operate the chamber yourself or do you need help? Referring to the basic shallow chamber you can pick up for about 4k

is there a basic protocol written out somewhere? I mean how much, how long, etc?

thanks for any imput.

Posts: 90 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Survivorgirl1
Member # 44031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Survivorgirl1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Phoiph, thanx for your reply on my question about combining mhbot with a PICC line for abx. I think my surgeon doesn’t know but I will ask! Maybe he can call with someone who does know.

I’ll give you guys a new update in a month or so.

My previous updates:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/125201/27#002056
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/125201/16?#001189
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/125201/9?#000686
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/125201/8?#000542
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/125201/7?#000483

@Lapis29,
I also use the summit to sea shallow dive. For three years now. One hour a day. I’m very happy with it.

You can easily operate it yourself. But it’s nice to have someone around on your first few dives. The zippers also open and close from the inside. It comes with an instruction vid.

It’s nice, cosy and bright on the inside. I read books, listen to music or surf the internet on my mobile when diving.

In short: Start very slowly (minutes) and then very slowly ramp up (in months) to one hour a day. But I think Phoiph has a protocol that you can use, she knows most about it.

Most (all?) of us also use supplemental oxygen from an oxygen concentrator, that can provide at least 8-9 liters/minute oxygen. You'll have to ask summit to sea for an adapter/connector for that.

I use the airsep intensity 10liter/minute. You breath in the extra oxygen with an oxygen mask when lying in the chamber. It enhances the effect of the mhbot.

Good luck!

Survivorgirl1

Posts: 16 | From Europe | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lapis29
Member # 47626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lapis29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@survivorgirl1 thanks so much!

I have weakness in my arms and hands, how difficult if the zipper to pull closed on that model?

so to start out with you just go for maybe five minutes then gradually work your way up to an hour?

also, will I see and improvement diving only 4 days a week?

thanks for any input.

Posts: 90 | From Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lapis29
Member # 47626

also, I have an O2 concentrator, but its only 5 litre/min max.

will that work?

lapis29
Member # 47626

one more question

I have SEVERE hyperacousis, like EXTREMELY senstive ears right now. new thing.

do you think the pressure is going to be painful for my ears?

This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  56  57  58   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement