LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 57)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
Jazzman
Member # 51913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jazzman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@bohdi, I'm glad my post was of some help to you. My best advice to you, and anyone else having any issues, is to take it slow, there's no rush, each of us is different and some, like myself, required a slow approach to get up to speed on things.

@Phoiph, still doing 1.3ATA, don't feel the need to go to 1.5ATA. I wanted to thank you again for all you have done, and continue to do, in this thread to help us get to a better place with our health. Blessings to you and peace.

Posts: 16 | From Canada | Registered: May 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chillpill
Member # 52576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillpill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello divers. I am up to page 41 of this mega-thread so I a almost all caught up. Inspiring stories from Phoiph, Digby, Peimomma and more, thank you for the hope. I am researching and getting close to buying a chamber myself.

I have had calls with OxyHealth and OxyNova so far and hope to speak with Summit to Sea as well.

Something interesting ... I recently had a call with a fellow from OxyNova, nice guy. I hadn't come across this company before.  Do you guys know anything about them?  I searched LymeNet but not a single mention of "OxyNova" ... so here I am. 

Call Notes

Here's the notes I took on the call with the rep regarding the OxyNova 8: https://oxynova.com/oxynova-hyperbaric-chambers-oxynova-8/

(hope it's ok to post link?)

- Made in Canada
- Lifetime warranty 
- Tagline "Good technology should last a lifetime."
- Company in business for something like 20 years
- 8 Windows (fused into the unit using a special process)
- 33 inch diameter
- Air Volume Delivery 160 liters per minute (apparently this is high)
- Price $25,000USD
- Founder comes from the diving industry 
- Company has (apparently) been fulfilling military contracts for year (Military = higher standards?)

Some things the sales guy said that stood out

- Windows: Unlike every other company, they use some electrostatic press around the windows. Apparently this means where the materials join together is actually stronger than the rest of the fabric 

- Ventilation is about 3x more than typical unit at 160 liters per min

- Lifetime warranty and will fix or replace anything that fails (and I think he said they even pay for shipping of materials back and forth on warranty issues, don't quote me on this) 

- Compressor + Filters  "... made from silver to kill bacteria" silver based filter to be changed every 200 hours at about $55 per filter

So a premium price for what they are pitching as a premium unit.

The lifetime warranty thing is interesting.

Would love your guys' thoughts on this company (if you have any!)

Edited: Typos!

[ 07-09-2022, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: chillpill ]

--------------------
Putting lyme, bart, bab into remission

Posts: 6 | From Europe | Registered: May 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one thing about OxyNova is they ship to Europe. The other companies may as well, but I do not really know.

Yes, it is a premium price. They are more than OxyHealth, I think. Both are classy chambers. I owned an OxyHealth Vitaeris 320 used. When the zipper blew, (it was about 10 years old) I chose to purchase a NewTowne chamber instead.

It was not that much more than what the repairs on the zipper cost, shipping, check the windows while you have it and the time of 6 weeks so would need a rental at $800/month would cost. It is not as fancy. The frame is on the outside. It has 3 zippers instead of 2 with a bladder flap. But it works for me.

So it may be worth the premium price if they are offering a lifetime warranty, especially if it includes shipping. And yes, the guy that owns this company seems like a very nice person.

Posts: 1684 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bodhi
Member # 52610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bodhi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been exposed to COVID and started to feel some tightness in chest when I breathe. I have been taking lots of Vitamin C (36g+ yesterday) and also taking NAC (600mg 3x/day). The symptoms have subsided, but have some mild nasal congestion. Is it ok to continue mHBOT?
Posts: 12 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bodhi
Member # 52610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bodhi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the advantages and disadvantages of 1.5 ATA over 1.3 ATA?

quote:
Originally posted by Phoiph:
Jazzman,

Are you doing 1.3 ATA, or 1.5 ATA?

Posts: 12 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bodhi, I dive as long as I can clear my ears. If I am really concerned and really want to dive, I take a nasal decongestant prior to diving.

If you have an pain in your ears, immediately open the valve slightly until the pain goes away. Try to clear your ears and then close the valve. If the pain returns, to me that is a clear sign not to continue to dive that day.

Posts: 1684 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bodhi
Member # 52610

Thank you, kgg! I ended up diving without any issues and do feel better.
Wisconsin Gal
Member # 52630

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wisconsin Gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All!
I am happy to find this thread on mHBOT! I have purchased my own (used) mHBOT chamber and I would love to hear about what protocol others have used... how many days in a row, how many hours per day, once or twice a day, etc.
I am reading through this thread, but it goes back to 2013, so I have lots to catch up on.
Thanks for sharing your stories!

--------------------
Polly

Posts: 1 | From WI | Registered: Jul 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Welcome, Wisconsin Gal!

Kudos on purchasing a chamber. Some find that ramping up in time before adding oxygen is easier to tolerate than jumping right in at an hour.

You want to take a good 10 minutes to inflate, especially when first diving. It is important to clear the pressure in your ears. It takes 5 minutes to inflate, but taking a little longer is safer imo, until you are comfortable with 5 minutes.

I believe you will find most of us dive one hour per day. You will come across a discussion about twice a day diving and/or longer than one hour diving. Most of us stick with one hour per day.

As far as length of time, my goal was 2 years. I actually went around 27 months before taking an extended break.

Miriama
Member # 52545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miriama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to those who responded to my post a page back. Phioph, kgg, etc. I will keep what you say in mind and have patience. It's good to know people are measuring progress at an hour a day average, so I know what people mean and can gauge my progress. I do keep track of every treatment.

--------------------
Lyme, Babesia, 18 years

Posts: 8 | From California | Registered: Mar 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

I watched this last night. I found it informative. I was grateful for FLCCC when we came down with Covid this winter. Worth the watch, imo.

Discussing hyperbarics: Dr. Paul Harsh, Dr. Kory, Dr. Merrick, Dr. Ted Forgarty, and Dr. Bradley Meyer
https://odysee.com/@FrontlineCovid19CriticalCareAlliance:c/Weekly_Webinar_August10:7?eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=9bb0d2e8-7217-4452-865e-5c57d5326672

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks kgg. Lots of information on HBOT. I didn't know the extent of the genetic up and down regulation.

FWIW, the HBO part starts at 9 minutes in.

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyT
Member # 52252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does mHBOT cause vasoconstriction of the blood vessels? I am wondering if doing mHBOT at the same time as taking (i.e. swallowing the) antibiotics will decrease their penetration into the CNS and the rest of the body. I can't find any good answers so was wondering if someone else knew! I thought it would be good to do it at the same time, to work synergistically, but don't know if I should be spread them out instead. Any ideas would be wonderful!
Posts: 29 | From CO | Registered: Dec 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure that I have read that mhbot works synergistically with antibiotics. For that reason, I try to take my antimicrobial herbs right before going in the chamber.

I remember reading that mhbot also repairs and builds blood vessels. If I can find these sources, I will write again.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lady T,

Oxygen itself is a vasoconstrictor.

However, when oxygen is used under pressure (hyperbaric), more oxygen reaches the tissues in spite of the vasoconstriction effect of the oxygen.

This is because the pressure forces the oxygen molecules beyond the reach of the vessels and into the tissues, fluids, etc.

It is generally thought that hyperbaric increases the penetration of antibiotics, for example:

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Hyperbaric-oxygen-treatment-HBOT-increases-the-bactericidal-effect-of-ciprofloxacin-in_fig1_288919507

That said, whether antibiotics are helpful (with or without hyperbaric) for chronic Lyme is up for debate. In my experience, they are not.

And yes, dbpei is correct; hyperbaric promotes "angiogenesis", which is the creation of new blood vessels.

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kgg~

Thanks for posting that awesome FLCCC webinar! So worth taking the time to listen.

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chillpill
Member # 52576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chillpill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone. My chamber should arrive soon and I will start diving. Thanks to Phoiph, Peimomma, kgg and others for helping me get to this point.

I was wanting to establish a bloodwork baseline pre-diving. Was wondering if you guys had any recommendations for which blood tests I should take/markers worth keeping an eye on? Particularly anything related to inflammation or the immune system.

Any recommendations?

[ 09-07-2022, 03:35 AM: Message edited by: chillpill ]

--------------------

Posts: 6 | From Europe | Registered: May 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keikko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. Has anyone ever taken their entire chamber set up on a plane? Just wondering if its possible or if it has to be shipped?

Thank you!

Posts: 137 | From ATX | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

keikko,

Check with the individual airlines. In the past, they would ship medical equipment for free as checked baggage.

Make sure you pack your concentrator well (original box/packing if you have it), and indicate "This End Up, Do Not Tip". This is the item most likely to be damaged, so I would check into the repair/replacement policy with the airlines.

It may be possible to ship only your chamber, and rent a concentrator at your destination, but of course it would have to be an adequate model.

Also, although awkward, you do not need to use a frame with your chamber, so you could leave that behind for a short trip.

LadyT
Member # 52252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone found a good treatment for lyme and bartonella PERSISTERS?
The persisters are the ones that don't respond to antibiotics, herbals, etc - this is what a lot of the studies are not focused on, and what is keeping people sick

Posts: 29 | From CO | Registered: Dec 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

LadyT,

I know I sound like a broken record, but once Lyme and co-infections become chronic, it is not about "chasing bugs" (or "persisters"), but about healing the immune system and quenching the ongoing neuro-inflammatory response so it can take care of pathogens as it was designed to do.

My severe, protracted Bartonella was completely unresponsive to co-infection "kill" treatments. It was consistent mHBOT, a gut-healing diet, and graded movement/exercise that allowed me to completely recover over time.

LadyT
Member # 52252

quote:
Originally posted by Peimomma:
Hello everyone,

I’ve had some health stuff pop up recently, R/A starting in my finger joints which led me to get some labs drawn and of course my ANA came back positive but there was also Sm/RNP antibodies was positive. Does anyone have any history with this marker? I’m getting my referred to a rheumatologist to do more testing since my finger joints are definitely looking and feeling like R/A.
Im wondering if the markers being positive are for the R/A.

I’ve started diving to see if this will change the labs.

Hi Peimomma,
The ANA/RA antibodies can be caused from lyme disease. Do you think you didn't clear it all or were reinfected?
I don't know enough about mhbot, but I do know that Bee Venom Therapy can decrease the antibodies, and either stop progression of the disease or get rid of it, especially if it is lyme-related. Hope this helps! Brooke Gehan and Ellie Lobel are good sources for this

kgg
Member # 5867

Greetings! It has been a while since I updated. I have been meaning to for a while. My health improved so much after 2 plus years of diving that my husband and I started a small scale flower farm.

Yes, a flower farm. We put in 10 hour days routinely. Attended two farmer's markets. I made over 500+ bouquets to sell this summer. Plus we walk our 2 dogs at least 5 days a week a little over a mile. (Otherwise, we have no peace)

My diving during the last two years has admittedly been minimal. I did not make time for it. Well, this summer my dry mouth progressed to sore mouth/burning tongue syndrome. It was not fun.

I tried hydroxychloroquine for 5 days and had such bad nausea that I stopped. I messaged my PCP that I was not taking it and was going to start diving again. Which I did immediately. I have missed only a few days this Fall. Eventually, I did also restart the Plaquenil because I really did not want to take a steroid. The burning pain has resolved. Thankfully.

This brings me to my question/thought. If I had continued to dive instead of taking almost 2 years off, would the autoimmune process been thwarted? Lyme has always given me some Sjogren's symptoms. But nothing full blown as this summer. Just makes me wonder if I could have kept this autoimmune issue more at bay.

This reinforces my goal of never, not owning a chamber.

This week we gather with family and friends, here in the US, for Thanksgiving. After Easter, my favorite holiday. I would be remiss not to say that I remain eternally grateful and thankful for Phoiph's encouragement for me to give mHBOT one more try before I sold my chamber.

Phoiph answered questions as my treatment unfolded. Always graceful, kind and supportive. This treatment changed my health course and therefore my life. It can't be said too many times by me, thank you Phoiph! I remain grateful.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Awwwwwwww...thank you so much, kgg. It means the world to me to hear of your progress, and I am so inspired by your flower farm!

We will never know for sure, but my feeling is that had you continued to dive at least a couple of times per week as "maintenence", you may have avoided the autoimmune flare, as mHBOT keeps the inflammatory response down, etc.

That said, I'm glad to hear you're back at it, and it sounds like things are improving.

I am very grateful for you, and everyone here who continues to keep the faith and support others on their journey. It was always my goal to get the "word out" on mHBOT, and everyone here has made that possible.

Happy Thanksgiving!

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for sharing your story kgg. I am forever grateful for my hbot chamber and how much it has helped me through the last few years. It is my grounding place and I don't think I can ever imagine getting rid of it.

I hope you and your flower business continue to thrive! Happy Thanksgiving.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chillpill
Member # 52576

Sad. Mad. Gutted.

After 6 months of researching mHBOT on this thread, and finally buying a chamber I completed about 50 dives and messed up my right ear drum.

About a year ago I did a mHBOT dive and felt normal pressure in my ears and then some pain, I backed off the pressure, equalized my ears (by yawning, I can't do that pinch-nose thing) and then proceeded to 1.3ATA.

Fast forward to today. One of my primary symptoms is numbness and loss of my senses.

I can't smell any more. I struggle to sense temperatures. And I struggle to feel pressure (bowel, bladder, touch etc.). I can feel these things, but it's like my senses are diminished.
I only feel them if if they are intense. Like I don't feel them at a 1-7 anymore, only if they are a 8-10.

So I'm excited to get this new chamber and start diving, which I do. I notice that I can't feel the air pressure change in my ears. I notch that up to my primary symptom. I think that if I "over equalize" (play it really slow and safe) then I should be OK. I take like 10 minutes to go up and 10 minutes to go down.

Then I feel it. I'm coming down and my right ear- drum is throbbing. I gather if I'm able to feel it, I must of done a number on it.

Now my right ear drum makes this "clicking" sound every time I swallow. I'm scared to go back in there and totally gutted I just spent all this money on a chamber I might not even be able to use.

Going to make an appointment with ENT doc. Hate this disease more than ever today.

--------------------

dbpei
Member # 33574

It sounds like you might have a blocked Eustachian tube. I know there are devices you can buy to help unblock them, but I would probably prefer to have my ENT assess things if I were you.

Taking 10 minutes inflating and deflating sounds reasonable to me. As soon as you feel any pain or discomfort, it would be wise to open the valve to slow things down.

It sounds like your ears are probably very sensitive. Let us know how it goes with the ENT. Good luck to you!

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update on my hand situation, it’s osteoarthritis. I’m back in the chamber twice a day to help with inflammation and I see my doctor in January for options (I think are few)

With the cold weather we are having in AZ my joint pain has increased for the first time in years. I’m not sure why but can only imagine the chamber dives will help.

I’m currently back in twice a day since I’ve had no herx from the O2. I have no idea if it’s Lyme or not since there is no way to test an infection from 30 yrs ago.

I still feel great most days and even lifting weights and walking miles a day. Maybe I’m just feeling my age😂

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

chillpill,

Don't despair! I have known people who have ruptured their eardrum, healed completely, and were able to dive again.

That said, of course they had to take time off diving until it was healed.

Hopefully yours is just irritated from the pressure. It can happen with fluid behind the eardrum or congestion in your eustachian tubes.

Please give us an update after your ENT appointment.

kgg
Member # 5867

Peimomma, I was just thinking I wish I still lived in AZ where it is warmer! My fingers hurt more with the cold here in Maine than they have in years.

I have a ready supply of gloves and mittens. I also use those wax "spas" that you used to see sold at Christmas time. It really does help with pain in my fingers. Voltaren gel has been helpful as well. I prefer the gel over oral meds. I do not use it daily but it can be. And of course, diving.

This old thing is not for wimps! I truly believe that diving helps. It has for me. It may not totally stop it, but I know for sure, I would feel a lot worse not diving.

Twice a day? I have a hard time fitting in once a day. Good job!

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kgg we are definitely warmer than where you are😂 it will be 70 again this weekend…yay

I stopped working again earlier this year with my hand situation so I need to put that chamber and the cooler temps to good use. It’s hard to get in when it’s 110 outside and I must take the ice packs to keep it tolerable for me.

I decided to go off sugar and grains and see if this combination of diving and food restrictions gets me to a manageable stage. There is no repair for OA so it’s just caring for what’s left and keeping inflammation to a minimum.

I have a hand **** I think is what it’s called that heats up so taking the dogs for a walk is enjoyable again at 5 in the morning. I know I look funny with snow pants, hand ****, winter Santa boots walking down the road 😂😂😂

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Peimomma, lol. As a Mainer moving to Arizona years ago, we would smile at people all bundled up when we thought it was delightful out. But you do what you have to do!! There are Mainers who wear shorts year round. Yup. I wish I had that kind of body heat! But only for the winter months. ;-) The fact that you are out walking your dog is great! Our outside temperature cut off it about 15, with no wind. And yes, the pooches have a vest on.

I hope you find diet changes helpful! It makes a huge difference for me. It is hard to maintain a sugar free, grain free diet if you see no obvious benefit. I know a couple of people like that. So they don't bother.

Merry Christmas!

keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keikko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is sort of an update on using the chamber for me since I have had it about a year.

I have never been able to get up to full protocol. I really struggle with vertigo increasing after using the chamber and general like head inflammation and increased confusion when I get up to longer lengths wearing the supplemental O2.

I am still using the chamber but back at only like 10 minutes with oxygen on.

I did have covid twice this year and I had a mold exposure in July which was a huge set back with the chamber. I became so reactive to it I could barely use it. Not because the chamber was exposed to mold, I did not end up taking it with me. I called around and a found a chamber I could sue but when I got back it was very difficult.

I am not giving up on the chamber, I just cant seem to get up to the full amount of time without all hell breaking loose and it is scary. I dont know what is going on with the increased vertigo either.

I hope everyone is doing well this holiday season. [Smile]

Posts: 137 | From ATX | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

keikko, I love your commitment to diving! Covid and mold exposure certainly can set us back. My son and I are extremely sensitive to mold. And that lovely spike protein from Covid wreaks havoc.

I am glad you dropped back to 10 minutes. You say with oxygen on. Have you tried just letting it flow into the chamber? For some even that is too much.

For those people, they do not connect the oxygen to the chamber but concentrate on diving. You still derive benefits from diving as the pressure still increases oxygen in your plasma. Just not as high as with the oxygen, obviously.

But for some that is the way they have to start. Then very slowly working up in time. Then adding back in the oxygen.

Lastly, since you had mold exposure, are you taking a binder? You have to start really low on that as well. If it pulls too much too fast, it can make you feel awful. Half baby doses is what I would start with. And if that makes you feel worse, don't take more until you are back to your "normal". Dr. Neil Nathan recommends that approach to binder.

My thought is (fwiw) is that the diving is stirring things up. A binder would help to excrete it.

For Lyme, mold and Covid, mHBO does help! So you are on the right track, imo. It is a bumpy road. Continue taking it slow as you have been doing.

May this new year bring you improved health from all of your efforts!

keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Thank you kgg. Good information to know! I have still been diving but not using much oxygen at all which is a bummer because for a while I was up to 40 minutes with the Oxygen on, before the mold exposure. Good to know I'm still getting benefit just getting in without wearing the oxygen.

I am taking binders twice a day. I dont seem to react badly to them but who knows, things are always pretty weird and I never know what's going on.

I just always hope, one day a light bulb will go on in my body or immune system and things will start to shift.

Thank you for the support and encouragement. Yes, hopefully 2023 will be a good year for all of us!

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All
I wanted to let you know I have been experimenting with cold therapy. I find it works better and faster than mHBOT so far in stimulating the immune system.

Others do it differently but I go from hot to cold back and forth. 1 to 3 times and end with cold. These are just my initial findings

Here is some info on the benefits of cold therapy
https://youtu.be/-IvJ15Ug6fc

Posts: 261 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Interesting Hominahomina, thank you!
bodhi
Member # 52610

I took a break from diving and was feeling a little better for a month or so.

I've had multiple exposures since mid-October and caught what may have been COVID for the second time. I had to move out of a house I was trying out for a week; I had pretty bad reaction to the laundry detergent they used for all the curtains and bedding.

I've been in bad shape and was starting to loose hope again, it's so hard when there's so much regression and I become dysfunctional.

I decided to dive last night now that I'm in an allergen clean space. I felt much better immediately after, I was able to think clearly and I noticed I felt more present.

I'd like to do about 40 sessions over the next 8 weeks, as I'm feeling a little hopeful after yesterday's treatment.

I have a Newtowne chamber and I depressurized over about 10 minutes, maybe a little less. I noticed that my left eye is irritated with red veins showing. This happened the last time I was diving as well.

Has anyone had red eye after mHBOT? Any suggestions on how to avoid it?

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Bodhi,

Welcome back. Is it possible that your mask is positioned in such a way that the O2 is blowing into your left eye?

Oxygen can be very drying.

If you think this might be the case and can't avoid it by repositioning your mask, you could try swim goggles or safety goggles that wrap around.

bodhi
Member # 52610

Thank you, Phoiph.

I don't think the oxygen was blowing on my eye. I may try glasses.

This was happening with the non-rebreather mask before and now also with the OxyMask.

Could this be a sign of oxygen toxicity?

bodhi
Member # 52610

One thing I want to mention is that listening to binaural beats (theta waves) and some pink noise during the dive helped with reducing anxiety and panic I had started to experience after about 20+ sessions.
kgg
Member # 5867

I find that my eyes will be blood shot if I don't wear my safety glasses. The air in the chamber is very dry.

I also use artificial tears before and after diving. Plus Simply Saline for my nose.

So glad that you are feeling better after diving!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Bodhi,

Unlikely to be a symptom of oxygen toxicity.

Also, please don't use a non-rebreather mask! It is meant to be used with higher flows of oxygen in a monitored setting.

bodhi
Member # 52610

Thank you for the supportive messages, kgg and Phoiph.

kgg, I'll have to try safety glasses and artificial tears.

I took a day off yesterday to let the redness dissipate. I tried closing my eyes for almost the entire session today and I depressurized even slower over 15m. I also had a large homemade green juice after my dive and my eyes are feeling better.

Phoiph, I stopped using the non-rebreather mask back in August and only use the OxyMask now. It's much more comfortable.

I'm using ~8.5L/m flow rate on the DeVilbiss which should give 87% - 95% oxygen according to the manual. I'm estimating the OxyMask fraction of inspired oxygen (FiO2) is about 43% - 85% at 8.5L/m flow rate based on the table in its manual. So the effective fraction of inspired oxygen with the OxyMask/DeVilbiss combined at 8.5L/m would be in the range 37% - 81%. I agree, it's unlikely to be oxygen toxicity. I must be feeling better if that makes any sense.

kgg
Member # 5867

Hominahomina, you are braver than I am with that cold therapy! I live in Maine. I am somewhat used to cold. But I could not see myself doing that.

Just a quick update. I went on Plaquenil for a couple of months, mainly for the burning mouth syndrome symptoms. I started diving at the same time. About 75 days in to taking Plaquenil, I started with an insomnia of waking almost hourly all night. Stopped the Plaquenil and I am sleeping better. I continue to dive.

I find that since stopping the Plaquenil, my eyes and mouth are dryer. Thankfully, the burning mouth has not returned but if feels like it could. So on top of the diving about 5 days a week, I am going to add LDN, low dose naltrexone. I am starting really low. I am using a sublingual liquid to avoid my stomach. We shall see.

I don't remember, (Ha! One of my problems since having covid is no short term memory) is anyone else also taking LDN? My plan is to go ultra slow with it to find my sweet spot dose. I will update as I go.

dbpei
Member # 33574

kgg, I have been on LDN for 2 years. There is a wonderful group on FB called Low dose Naltrexone (LDN) for chronic illness & infections. This group has been a great resource.

I recently took a short break from LDN because I felt like I was having more headaches and hot flushes as side effects. It can build up in your system for some and a break is sometimes needed.

I am going to resume LDN soon and start at a lower dose and monitor carefully for side effects - also hoping to find my sweet spot!

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

The doctor I saw for my osteoarthritis put me on LDN and I didn’t do well. I had anxiety and nausea. I stayed really low and still couldn’t get to full dose.
kgg
Member # 5867

dbpei, Thanks for the suggestion on FB. I am on the LDN research trust group and got in trouble twice for posting about diluting a 50mg tab. Which is the way some people can only afford it. Oh well.

I just checked for that group. FB is saying they can't find it. I had read that FB is really starting to hinder health groups. I truly can't stand the platform and got off once. But am back on now for watercolor painting and my flower farming business. Uggh. I wish the alternatives had been successful.

I have read that some people have to take a break and reset. I am just hoping the starting period is tolerable. I am so tired of being nauseated that it will make it hard.

Peimomma, nausea and anxiety! My two nemesis. I am sorry it wasn't successful for you. My plan is to even go ultra low with my liquid if I have to. The alternative to LDN for SS is not something I want to do. My plan too is to ramp up with no goal in mind. I know for many the dose is 4.5mg, but I don't care if I get there or not. I guess time will tell.

kgg
Member # 5867

dbpei, Interesting. FB would not show the group in a search. So I did a google search and got a link. The first thing that pops up is a warning that the group discusses vaccines and for vaccine information I should go to the CDC website.

Then when I to clicked join. The warning came up again. Meanwhile in the rules they specifically say not to discuss vaccines. Which I do not blame them. It causes so much drama it is unbelievable. Who wants to moderate that??!!

This controlling the narrative is irritating to me.

dbpei
Member # 33574

I am only on Facebook for the valuable health related groups that I have joined and get support from. The LDN group I love can be found at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/108424385861883

I hope you are able to join. The administrators are so helpful at including information on diluting LDN with distilled water and figuring out our best dosages.

The thing about LDN is it varies so much from person to person in what it can do. I lost weight on it and others gained. Some sleep better on it while others sleep worse. For some, pain resolved once they got to a certain dosage. Many times you must wait for months to see results.

I wish you all the best! Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss any of this in more detail.

dbpei
Member # 33574

kgg - we must have been writing at the same time! When I first joined the LDN group, the admin did not allow vaccine discussion, but they do now. When it gets to be too heated, the admin will kick in and close discussion or provide links for more information.

LDN is among the arsenal of support for long Covid also. And many have tolerated covid and the vaccines better with the use of both.

I am really grateful to have my soft hbot chamber and LDN in my arsenal!

kgg
Member # 5867

dbpei, thanks! I found it and they were quick to allow my membership. I truly hope I am not one of the ones that puts weight on!

Yes, I follow FLCCC.net for covid and vaccine injury. I praise God that there are still physicians out there that don't go along with mainstream. But stand for truth.

Thank you for the offer to private message. As I start, I may take you up on that! Much appreciated.

kgg
Member # 5867

Well, just for the sake of keeping record. I ended up needing to go on prednisone and Doxycycline. I am a bad patient. I feel well enough to have a life so my diving was cut down to 4 days a week. I thought it might be enough to keep things in check. Nope.

I had the recurrence of dry lips, dry mouth and the rash that started with Covid. Not as bad as not diving, but still noticeable. Then the rash spread to both legs and one arm so far. I started the meds last night.

I keep hearing from the experts at FLCCC.net that the vaccine or having Covid can make chronic conditions like Lyme flare. For me, it definitely went autoimmune. I am hoping the Doxycycline will knock down the Lyme some and/or keep it from flaring more while on the Prednisone.

I continue to ramp up on the LDN. But I am only at 0.5mg currently. I started extra low on 0.25mg. So far the only side effect I had was a headache one morning when I took too much of a dose one evening. You can get a rash as a side effect. But since this is the rash that I got with Covid, I am not leaning towards blaming the LDN.

This getting old is not fun sometimes. =)

chillpill
Member # 52576

Hey everyone. The ENT checked me for damage and I'm ok apparently. I still have massive apprehension about using my chamber as I cannot detect any pressure in my ears at all at the moment.

Side note: I have trouble sensing pressure, temperatures, hunger, bladder etc. and I think this is related to Lyme or Bartonella giving me some kind of connective tissue disorder since I have crunchy/clicking/cracking joints all over to go with it.

In any case, I'm going to try going in the chamber again soon and wanted to ask ... how do we verify the flow rate of the oxygen coming out of our masks when we are in the chamber under pressure? Is there any way to do that?

P.S. To the people trying LDN, I had initial good success with it. Started at 0.5mg taken as a liquid(I took a 50mg tablet and diluted in 50ml of water then drew with a syringe). I worked my way up to 4mg which is about the sweet spot for me. It provided a lot of symptom relief, most notably a loosening of the Iron Collar symptoms. I stay on LDN for about 3 weeks and have been mostly off it for about a month. I just don't need symptom or pain relief most days (I can tough it out) so I don't take it as I'm the kind of person who'd rather not take stuff if I don't really feel like I have to.

--------------------

Phoiph
Member # 41238

chillpill~

Depending on your concentrator, the "sweet spot" setting for LPM (liters per minute) is 8 - 8.5LPM when used with a home chamber.

Set it too high, and you will sacrifice oxygen purity and possibly overtax your concentrator.

If you want to monitor the LPM flow rate from inside the chamber (it should stay steady, or drop just slightly due to the backpressure of the chamber), just move the concentrator near the chamber window so you can read the gauge while you're inside.

Sometimes it might seem as if there's no O2 coming out of the mask...try wetting your lips and you will feel it.

kgg
Member # 5867

Thank you chillpill about the LDN. I am not taking it for pain, for which I am very grateful. I am trying to take it for autoimmune modulating to keep my Sjogren's in check.

My goal is to avoid Plaquenil that gives me horrible insomnia. I am a flower farmer. It causes sun sensitivity. I am out in the sun 10 hours a day during the season.

Otherwise, a good med I guess as far as meds go. It worked. But I need sleep and no bad sun burns.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Dr. Paul Harch interview on mHBOT and Covid-19, long hauler syndrome, and vaccine injury:

https://hbot.com/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy-and-covid-19-acute-infection-long-haulers-syndrome-and-vaccine-injury/

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Phoiph! Can't wait to listen. [Smile]
Hope you are doing well. Miss our chats.

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Me too, Digby!
dbpei
Member # 33574

Thank you for the link to Dr. Harch's interview, Phoiph! It was very informative and makes me happy to have the use of my chamber!
Phoiph
Member # 41238

dbpei~

I agree. I'm so happy he is now supporting the use of home chambers and lower pressures for many patients.

I recall contacting their office 10+ years ago after I had become well with a home chamber, as I wanted to share my experience in case he wanted to include it in his research.

At that time, they were very against home chambers, and basically dismissed my account.

I still continued to recommend his book and follow his research, as he has been a pioneer in this field.

kgg
Member # 5867

It is my understanding that yes, he is supportive of mild hyperbarics now. But you have to be his patient and buy the chamber from him, if you want to consult with him. He thinks that we who have a chamber on our own are out there and have risky behavior. =)

Meanwhile, I like his interviews. So thanks for posting.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

kgg...yes, I have heard that, too.

Well, considering I would not have survived (and thrived) without it, I guess that "risk" paid off!

kgg
Member # 5867

Amen to that!
kgg
Member # 5867

I am checking in to bump this thread back up. Since my growing season has started as a cut flower farmer I have been diving less. And we have had company that has been using the room the chamber is in, as his office.

Soon when the weather turns hot, I will be diving during the noon hours to avoid the sun and take a health break. Right now they are talking a high of 40 on Thursday!! Which is really unusual, even though I am in north central Maine.

I have been feeling extra tired lately, but that is not unusual for any flower farmer at the planting time of the season. My Sjogren's symptoms are being kept controlled by the Plaquenil and Doxy I am on. I am thinking of dropping the Doxy after I start diving on a regular schedule when the weather turns hot. We shall see.

Hope every one here is doing well.

kgg
Member # 5867

I forgot to say, the LDN was a no go for me. At least for now. I broke out with a rash covering my legs. I may give it a try again next Fall but not now in the growing season. Perhaps I am in the minority that does not tolerate LDN?
dbpei
Member # 33574

Hi kgg,
Thanks for the update. It sounds like you are doing something you are passionate about and that you enjoy! That is wonderful and a goal that so many of us with chronic illness have - to do things that are meaningful to us in our lives... I like your plan to use the chamber when it is mid-day and the sun is too hot for you to be out there.

I am sorry the LDN was not a help to you. But it sounds like you are doing okay without it. It is not for everyone, but helps some in a major way. Good luck to you this summer and thanks for keeping us posted!

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have any information on mHBOT and Vitiligo? I have a friend that claims his Vitiligo is getting worse after diving for a few months.

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Checking in and giving an update on what’s been happening with me.

I don’t know if I updated that my finger joint pain is osteoarthritis so I’ve been playing with supplements and diet.

I’m not sure if I posted about some pain I started having in my joints. Anyway, I thought maybe it was Lyme, maybe low hormones so I started diving but found no relief. Had labs drawn and found a few things off.

I finally found a functional med provider and we started at the foundation with a 💩 test looking at everything to include if I got rid of the h-pylori from 3 years ago. What we found is I was not breaking down or absorbing fat or protein which means I probably haven’t been absorbing nutrients. I will find that out for sure later this month when we get my hair sample results back. I never had my gut really addressed from all the damaged done from treating Lyme so it didn’t really surprise me.

However, the pain in my joints was still there. I went on vacation for 3 weeks in May 2023 driving hundreds of miles, spending time with family and friends across Idaho. I wasn’t eating my normal meals, hardly any vegetables for the first two weeks. The third week I was able to get some vegetables and started consuming them to my delight. I was nearing the end of my vacation and started not feeling well but thought it was the long vacation and driving. I just wanted to get home and started eating my big salads again.

I arrived home and started complaining of joint pain to my husband and told him I don’t remember being in pain in Idaho except the last few days of my trip. I was beginning to believe we needed to move again for my health but told him I would really pay attention next year when I go visit.

I was watching YouTube one night about 6 weeks ago and a video popped in my feed with a guy talking about a carnivore diet and how it cured all his medical issues. Of course after I watched one video a bunch started coming in and we kept watching and I told my husband that all their skin looks really healthy for eating this way. He said he noticed their brains were very alive. After finding some great doctors talking about the benefits I told my husband I’m going to try it for 1 month and he said he would try it with me.

I’m in week 5 and the joint pain is gone. After much research and my vacation experience I’ve decided I believe it’s the vegetables. On the way of eating we consume animal products to include seafood, and dairy. My fingers pain has decreased and some of the swelling but I don’t know if this can fix osteoarthritis. Many people have said their RA has gotten better or resolved. For now, I’m going to continue to cut out grains, fruit and vegetables and after 6 months or so start food testing.

This has been hard for me because meat was always. Condiment for me. If anyone is interested you can look up Dr Ken Berry, Dr Anthony Chaffee and you will begin to find other doctors explaining the health benefits.

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Hi Peimomma,

Have you found Dr Paul Saladino? https://www.paulsaladinomd.co/

He includes fruit and raw honey in his carnivorish diet. His reasons make a lot of sense to me. Check it out if you haven't so far.

I would experiment with his version of the diet if I hadn't developed Alpha-Gal.

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Digby we did actually buy his book The Carnivore Code. We will probably land somewhere in the ketovore way of eating once we understand what’s been giving me the inflammation. My husband says he doesn’t wake up with stiffness in the morning.

A weird benefit of carnivore is no more sore muscles after a workout. I’ve had no bubble gut or passing gas since starting this way of eating.

I first heard Dr Jordan Peterson talk about eating only red meat last fall and thought what a nut, he’s going to die. Now after much research we’ve been lied to again about the food pyramid. No big surprise considering the last few decades of government lies.

I was tested for the meat allergy years ago and was negative. I thought I was because of the nausea I would get after eating meat. Come to find out it was lack of digestion from no bile and my gallbladder under performing.

It’s all so interesting.

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaibyrd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’ve been seeing a lot on my YouTube feed about the carnivore diet but have been ignoring it because I just can’t see me on yet another diet that takes away more foods I love but I may look into these links. I know my gut is messed up but I have no idea where to even start to heal it.
I’m currently seeing a Lyme doc who is trying to get my detox system moving again. I can’t dive until I can get this resolved.

--------------------
KB

Posts: 170 | From Northern VA | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

I use an online practitioner if you are interested in checking her info out you can send me a message.

[ 07-10-2023, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Peimomma ]

kgg
Member # 5867

My husband and I went keto/carnivore a couple of years ago. It was the first way of eating that did not leave me craving or hungry. At the time I was finding that I could not tolerate dairy or eggs which made keto a little more of a challenge. After two years, I can tolerate some dairy once in a while. I have yet to challenge eggs, although I can have them in something just not plain eggs. I found it helped with my energy the most. At least prior to my last Covid bout.

Peimomma, I am really glad you are finding it helpful with joint pain. I found it helpful with my fibro pain in my shoulders.

Digby, I heard Dr. Ken Berry say Alpha gal lasts a few months. I think that is too short. N=1, I have a friend who's son developed Alpha gal after a tick bite, that he was not treated for. (They did not treat in spite of my attempts to educate them). His lasted 2 years. It made me think it is not a lifelong condition, which initially I had heard that it was.

Kaibyrd, I hope you can find a way to clear that so you can dive again. Initially starting keto you can get diarrhea. Which I did. But it doesn't last long. I found it helped my constant nausea. But I get being reluctant because you are yet again eliminating more foods. I felt so much better that I did not mind. This is from someone who has been gluten free since the late 90's before it was a fad. And also was on the Low FODMAP diet which my gut found helpful. So I have eliminated many food items over the years.

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

kgg...

Alpha-Gal has many presentations. Some people become super sensitive to anything related to mammalian meat, including cosmetics, dairy and even the smell of meat cooking.

Others, like me, are only sensitive to eating the meat itself. I can even eat small amounts of pork occasionally (epi-pen in hand). Oddly, without any new tick bites recently my titers have gone way up, suggesting there is another process that affects the immune response to Alpha-Gal.

It can be self limiting in some people, however in my case, I've had since 1998, which is before it was discovered. I haven't had a hamburger or steak for 25 years.

This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement