LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Vitamin C/Salt Who is doing it and What do you know.? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Vitamin C/Salt Who is doing it and What do you know.?
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sammy,

So glad you are doing so well. Thanks for sharing with us the fact that you found that parasitic worm.

It's unbelievable what is going on inside our bodys. It makes sense tho when you think about the symptoms.

Especially when people report the stinging, biting, crawling they experience. It's no wonder we are so sick. It just makes sense.

This protocol is saving me life as well. That's why I feel it's so important that people know about it.

It at least gives them a fighting chance,

Hope you are having a good evening,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebAz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yikes.
Even after 7 months you have having those things coming out???
So did you have them coming out right away too>?? And how often>> ever since>>??
Just curious.

Glad you are doing well. Its so nice to hear.

DANG.. You had to burst my little bubble. I guess i better enjoy it while I can.. So it was week 4 for you.
And maybe I can have 3 weeks like this>>
I Will take anything I can get .. honestly. after the years of sickness.. I cheerish very minute

DEBBIE>

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm Deb,

I still have smaller ones still coming out after 2 yrs. Actually I realized it's 2 1/2 yrs. Started salt/c May 2006.

You have to realize it's like peeling an onion. The salt is waking up the ones that were hibernating.

Also don't forget these things can lay about 200,000 eggs a day. It's just know wonder this is such a brutal disease.

Yes, what Sammy says is true, so enjoy while you can,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebAz
Unregistered

Here is the link to the article you sent to me.

Called:

Salt Deficiency: the cause of many serious diseases

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/salt.htm

glm1111
Member # 16556

Thanks for posting that Deb. I really think it could be a serious problem with a lot of people.

We are 75% saline and it's close to a sea salt composition.

Thanks Again,
Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]

[spinning smile]

DebAz
Unregistered

I just read this huge long article by

Dietrich K.Klinghardt, MD, PhD

Below some parts and just a few items mentioned . but the point I am writing mostly about is the List of Things to treat and the order.. I found this interesting

The co-infections are bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic

A list of significant co-infections is limited: roundworms, tapeworms, threadworms, toxoplasmosis, giardia and amoebas, clostridia, the herpes virus family, parvovirus B 19, active measles (in the small intestine), leptospirosis, chronic strep infections and their mutations, Babesia, Brucella, Ehrlichiosis, Bartonella, mycoplasma, Rickettsia, Bartonella and a few others. Molds and fungi are always part of the picture.

There is an inherent order in which the microbes should be treated. If the order is correct, gentle methods work

1. Start with deworming our clients. We often use a simple yet agressive seasalt/Vit C protocol which has an independent effect aginst the spirochetes also. The high salt conmcentration kills large parasites by osmotically induced dehydration (osmotic shock). High salt levels also increase the enzyme elastase which has a strong antimicrobial/anti-spirochete effect

2. Next step is the treatment of giardia, entamoeba histolytica and trichomonas Protocol: organic freeze dried garlic treats all of the above astoundingly successfully sometimes Tinidazole

3. Next the chronic strep infections, which often coexist with the herpes viruses. No other treatment has been as successful as Pleo Not (penicillum notatum) from Pleomorphic-Sanum followed by a 6 month course of Pleo Sancom. cryotherapy of tonsils may be necessary

4. The next step is the treatment of Babesia. There are now at least 17 subtypes of this intracellular Malaria-like organism. Eye, brain and dental symptoms are most often caused by this mean microbe.Artemisinin always with grapefruit juice. Riamet or Mepron.

5. Next step is to start the client on a systemic antiviral treatment.ayurvedic herb cocktail - Indian Gooseberry, Chebulic and Beleric myrobalan. The insomnia of Lyme disease is often herpes viral in nature (EBV, VZ or HSV 1, HSV II). As a diagnostic trial I often use 1000 mg of the medical antiviral drug Valtrex at bedtime. If there is a dramatic improvement, herbal antiviral treatment has to be considered for a long time.

6. Simultaneously the fungal/yeast component which is most often present, especially if clients had prior antibiotic treatment. Fungi and viruses seem to support each other in yet unknown ways.amphotericin B (250 mg bid) or the combination of organic freeze dried garlic and oil of oregano.

8. Mycoplasma responds well to enzymes, when it is treated in sequence with the other microbes

9. The spirochetes and their close relatives ( Bartonella, Rickettsia, Ehrlichiosis, Brucella abortis) are best treated last - with antimicrobial herbs or antibiotics.,

glm1111
Member # 16556

Deb,

Thanks For posting this info. Very concise and to the point.

I had mentioned much earlier on this thread that Dr. K. treats all his Lyme patients for worms with salt/C .

He is considered the best LLMD in the country by many. Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

Hey Gael

I am thinking that a lot of people do not realize that BABESIA is a PARASITE..

Would I be going out on a limb to say that..> I do not want to insult anyone.

DebAz
Unregistered

This was found on a technical website under the treatment options section.. and is A description of Salt therapy for lyme disease.

TREATMENT OPTION FOR LYME DISEASE

Oral Salt Therapy is the process of taking high quantities of salt internally. High amounts of sodium stimulate the white blood cells to release elastase, an enzyme that begins a cascade of events that leads to boring a hole in the spirochete or other infectious organism, and hence killing it.

glm1111
Member # 16556

[confused] [confused] I am not sure how most people think of babesia.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

Well each of the "infections" have a a different basis
and I think when someone says parasite they may not associate it with Babesia and Bartonella

But well.. well.. I may be wrong.

DebAz
Unregistered

Oh my ..
Well I am sorry . I did not see your new thread..

Until now.

Your way ahead of the game..
I hope people read it and start thinking about

We should put a link to that one here now..

Thanks D

DebAz
Unregistered

Here is another post discussing all the realms of the(infections) parasites that we all have and are diagnosed with..

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=075274

glm1111
Member # 16556

Deb,

Nothing to be sorry about. I just wasn't sure how other people perceive some of these infections.

Example: Some people have poo-pooed the pictures from lymephotos as being fake. I can tell you I have seen these parasites first hand and they are the real deal.

I guess it is pretty horrifying and it's understandable how people go into denial.

I once saw a thread a long time ago, where one person said"I'd rather stay in denial". Thanks for posting that link,

Hope your okay today,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

Hey there.. Can I ask you a graphic question. What color are the ones you see and I know you said they match the site pictures

But are any of them just white?

As well.> Why do they not have Bartonella up there no the Parasite page. I had thought it would be inclusive in that group?
Facultative intracellular parasites

Or am I just not seeing it there?

DebAz
Unregistered

Another question..When they come out of you are they always dead or are they moving at all and alive still???
DebAz
Unregistered

And what ones do you see most of and second to the most and how many total species do you think you have seen?
glm1111
Member # 16556

They are ALWAYS dead. They have been shocked osmotically by the salt. They are blue, pink/red/black exactly as seen on the site.

I have seen a lot of white ones as well. I think those are thread worms. Some of them look exactly like earth worms.

We can have more parasites than pictured in the photos.(tapeworms, roundworms, ascaris etc) As explained, each Lyme patient has other parasites not pictured.

We each have accumulated different ones depending on what we have ingested over the years.

In general the ones pictured seem to be most prevelant. I don't know about the Bartonella.

It is a good question though.Have to give it some thought.

Hope this answers your questions,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FancyRatFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff you guys.

My sister sent me the lymephotos site. When I read that these things came out of you I freaked a bit.

However I couldn't get that picture out of my mind. The thought they were in my body was worse than the thought of seeing them come out.

Now Im used to the idea and awaiting to see these things come out.

Posts: 258 | From San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi Fancy,

You have a very smart sister. When they come out you will understand why you have been so sick.

Deb and Sammy are both seeing stuff. You know now what you are mainly dealing with, so you can take charge and go after them.

Given the symptoms Lyme sufferers have, it just makes sense that spirochetes are not the only enemy.

The salt also kills the other infections as well. It is a powerful bacteriocide.

I refer to and read the lymephotos site a lot. I always see info I didn't see before.

Take Care,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

sammy1
Member # 12754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, i took gael's advice and referred back to the lymephotos site. oh god. ugh. i now have seen many of these buggers in the toilet.

gael, remember when i told you i had what looked like a worm on my tp the other day? well, i am convinced that what i saw on the tp was the "cocoon" from the lymephotos site.

ugh. gross. it looked just like that. long and gelatinous. oh god.

also, with most of my BM's i have been seeing red threadlike things. i thought they were remnants of my tomatoes. wrong. stopped eating tomatoes for a week as an experiment and they are still in the toilet.

ugh. gross. i can't believe i have worms in me.

i am shocked. i am 7 months in and just noticing these things. well, they may have been exiting all along, i just started to look.

gael, do you still experince diarrhea? i do. a lot. i guess that is a good sign that my body is trying to get rid of it all.

anyhow, wow. i am amazed that all of this junk is inside me. makes me sad. no wonder i have felt so sick for so long.

talk soon
sammy

Posts: 82 | From philadelphia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evgen
Member # 14118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for evgen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is a waste of time. Those of you looking for truly effective protocols - switch to a different one. Others enjoy Gael & Deb bla bla show. [Big Grin]

--------------------
~From Russia with Lyme~

Posts: 34 | From Rostov-on-Don, Russia | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Evgen,

FYI, there are a lot of people watching this thread. They are sending Deb and I pms for support while doing the salt/c and making great progress.

These are highly intelligent individuals who understand how powerful and effective this protocol is and they will get well.

People don't like posting here because of unkind messages such as yours.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evgen,

I'm not on the protocol, but why on earth would you make a comment like that? 33 posts and that's all you have to say on Lymenet..hmmm..

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebAz
Unregistered

Hey there.. Guys.. This is i know weird to talk about so openly but I too am seeing stuff and I do have the runs .. so far on the 5th day of treatment.. and I am taking day 6 and 7 off for me to just recoup.
Its has been more powerful than I thought and I think is is great and I am excited more and more. I have done a lot of research and I continue to do so. and the more I read and put all the peices together the more I see how this is helping and will help.

The things we are diganosed with like the babesia and bartonella and others and the ones we are not diagnosed with are parasites and it is proven that the salt environment kills them off..

As well even the Lyme is being proven to be able to be killed too. It is shown to be a bit tougher and take a bit longer on the lyme bacteteria but.

it is so helpeful to read these things and makes me hopeful
And the readings I do are not from ads for the protocol or just anyone . From doctors.

I am also taking it with a grain of salt > LOL and am being smart and watchiing or any problems that might come my way that might be issues that are to be kept an eye no and such..

I know that there are people who do not want to put themselves on this thread because of the havic and the putting down etc.

Its obvious if they jump in they have to be prepared to hear it and I certainly do not blame them for not posting..

I may not be posting near as much and hope what is up here will already give people good information to help them.

I will though keep letting everyone know how I am doing. No matter what.. Good or bad.. Whether I have to stop it or not..
I am going to give all the honest data for anyone else to learn from...

Hey Seek.. I know your looking for some direction and as well I know you said your frustrated with the testing situation your in. Let me know how your doing and if there is any progress made with your doctors etc.

And I would say you might want to try this salt c ..even just for a week or two.. Just to see how you feel or react.

If anything. There are many docts who have all lyme patients do this as a parasite cleanse for like 3 .. 3 week cycles to at least take down any load they are carrying .. Did you read the article I posted on that and how the doctor attacked things in a certain order.. ANd the parasites he got to first and it is the Salt that he uses.

Something to think about.

I think all diseases have this issue and is a basis that many people do not get to or know how to resolve..

Anyway Take care and Keep In touch.
Hi Fancy!
Deb

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FancyRatFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
evgen, Your comment was just plain RUDE! Grow up and gain some knowledge.

Thanks Gael for the comment on my sister. My brother-in-law and her have surprised me this past year by doing research themselves. I have benefited for it.

Good to hear from Sammy, Deb and Seek,

Fancy

Posts: 258 | From San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi Everyone,

I just typed a long post on data sharing, so I will keep this short. [lol]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Okay, One more thing,

Deb, I think seek has a problem with hypertension, so understandable that he would be afraid of doing this protocol.

Seek, do I remember that correctly?

I started to do come across some new info that there is a correlation between inflammation, infection and high blood pressure.

It kinda makes sense. Maybe the salt causes the b/p to go up because it's attacking the infection. Anyone else have any info on that?

Just a wild guess. I don't really know. Well, I'm :sleepy

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

oxygenbabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The simple explanation works best. Don't need to invoke infection.

http://www.aakp.org/aakp-library/Why-does-salt-cause-high-blood-pressure-/

The physiology of salt:

Eating as we do, many people accumulate more salt and water than their kidneys can handle. Some people have genes that control cellular channels, enzymes and hormones at various sites in the kidney, conserving salt to enable adaptation to the hot, dry savannah. (4,5) In order to remain active, one had to control body temperature. If water and salt were scarce, the kidney would conserve salt to retain fluid used to coat the body with sweat during activity. As sweat evaporated from the skin, it would cool the skin and keep body temperature normal. Without sweating, the body would quickly overheat during activity. However, those genes necessary in our early development mistakenly conserve salt regardless of the environment. As long as excessive salt is ingested, it will be disproportionately reabsorbed in about 20 percent of the population. (6) Through a process known as osmosis, salt retains water. It also promotes thirst, as every bartender and movie theater proprietor knows. Excessive salt keeps the circulatory volume higher than it should be, exerting excess fluid pressure on blood vessel walls. These walls react to this stress by thickening and narrowing, leaving less space for the fluid already cramped in the blood compartment, raising ``resistance'' and requiring higher pressure to move blood to the organs. The heart has to pump against this high pressure system. Lifting free weights in the athletic center causes muscles to become harder and larger. This same phenomenon happens to the heart with one notable exception, there is no break. This 24/7 activity can cause the heart to enlarge dramatically, and dangerously. The kidney contains around one million tiny, delicate filters comprised of blood vessels. The increase in pressure transmitted to the kidneys damages its vascular system (7) leading to a disorder known as ``hypertensive nephrosclerosis,'' a major cause of kidney disease.
---

However, the SAD is already way too high in salt so it effects more than that 20% of the population. And if you are eating regular foods of any kind (bread, pasta, pasta sauces, canned foods, anything, there is excess salt in all of it) plus 20 grams a day--well--yikes!!! Is all I can say, esp for years!

Infection and inflammation *could* raise bp but not through salt. Fibrinogen can be laid down in response to chronic infection and the blood gets stickier and the blood vessel walls less flexible, thus hbp. A different matter entirely.

Your supposedly OCD sugar and vitamin Z pest...

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI

http://www.poisonfluoride.com/pfpc/html/himalaya.html

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl777
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long do people usually have to take the salt/c protocol to get rid of the parasites? I'm thinking this protocol might be better done in the summer when you need more salt anyway.

Sheryl

Posts: 258 | From Spokane, WA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy1
Member # 12754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this protocol needs to be done for a prolonged period of time to see results. marc's motto is "pace not race" and he is right. it takes time and if you are willing to invest the time, you will see results.

i am also taking 20 grams of each. took me three months to work up to full dose.

i saw liver flukes about one month in. gross.
just keep going, there is so much healing on the other side of the herxes. i can promise you that.

Posts: 82 | From philadelphia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebAz
Unregistered

Gael sent me this...

Hypertension - Wikipedia Definition

DebAz
Unregistered

And this

Eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection improves blood pressure values in patients affected by hypertension

DebAz
Unregistered

And this

Common Infection Linked To High Blood Pressure

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

I told you that chronic infection can lead to high blood pressure through hypercoagulation.

In addition excess salt on its own can lead to hbp.

DebAz
Unregistered

I still can not believe I can not just read some posts without hearing some sort of dig or insinuation or some sort of sarcasm.

I think your energy is going to keep you from getting healthy.
SO are you going to change? I think you should listen to me.
Negative thinking and negativity will keep you down and keep you sick and not only that you send your negativity towards other sick people who just want to be lifted up.

Its not what your saying that is wrong
Its how your saying it.!

Think about how you affect others.
ITs not nice.

There are hurting people. They want to just read things and learn without all the drama and extra negative energy.

Please.. I am saying please.. Stop..

glm1111
Member # 16556

Oxy,

Deb said it well and you should listen. You seem to have a mission to control what other people take to heal.

Namely salt/c. Example is when you wanted to have it removed permanently from ever being discussed on lymenet again. Sounds like the 3rd reich to me.

We have listed all the cons(pre-existing conditions and people that are salt sensitive.) That's the end of the story!!!

We are well educated intelligent people, very capable of making informative decisions.

Give other people that view this thread the same respect. The time you spend here you could put into your own healing, maybe taking a hyperbaric dive.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

[Wink]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

My correct and honest information is not negative energy. It protects others and provides much needed balance. This does not mean I have OCD or that my posting on this thread will prevent me from getting over Lyme.
glm1111
Member # 16556

If you didn't have a hidden agenda I would almost buy that. But I know better.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

I SAID

IT is HOW YOU say it and HOW you present it ...!

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Why don't you worry less about whether you find my tone and style appealing, and just try to take in the information so you don't harm your health.

And I would recommend seeing a specialist in parasitic infections (such as an infectious disease expert who often handles cases from world travellers) if you believe you are filled with noxious parasites.

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread has been crazy...lol. Do you realize there are 260+ posts primarily from 4 members? [Smile] This wqs over the course of a short period.

DebAz, you asked about my BP. Yes, I do have hypertension to some degree even on three medications. Therefore, I don'r believe salt/C is prudent for me.

Gael, I could 'presume' an underlying infection is causing my hypertension, but that's highly speculative. It could be a decision that will cost me my life and not supported by fact. Taking 20 gr of salt/C could be very bad. By the time I figure out if I'm one the 'salt-sensitive' individuals, could I have done irreversible damage to myself?

At this point, I don't see why we need to many back to back to back to back point/counter-points on this thread. Is someone isn't intelligent enough to research it after this many contradictions, then they deserve the consequences. We all live w/out decisions.

I would think an ID doc could help with all the worms in the body if they are there. It seems so unlikely that many exist and no way they can pinpoint them. But who knows....I'm no expert. [Smile]

This went from another thread that was SUPPOSED to be daily logging and facts to a bullfight. Can't it get back to what it was intended?

By the way, tone can't be detected in writing much. [Smile]

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Hey Seek,

I do hear what you are saying. I am very sensitive to the fact you have hypertension. I am just finding info suggesting that some infections could cause H/B.

In no way am I suggesting that someone with this condition take excess salt.

It's just interesting that there could be a correlation. If I had a problem with hypertension I am sure I would be pursuing other ways to get rid of the infection.

I think it's also possible that some antibiotics could elevate blood pressure attacking an infection until it's under control.

Dr. K. treats ALL of his Lyme patients for worms and parasites. The ID docs have not a clue.

Hundreds of Lyme patients are reporting the same parasites and worms exiting upon treatment and I don't think our Lyme is any different than anyone elses.

Lets all just focus on getting well.

Take Care,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

seekhelp
Member # 15067

Gael,

Thanks for the information. Ironically, I had a conversation with a chiropractor today about sea salt and hypertension. They recommend sea salt highly to all patients. I asked him how much to take and he said 1/2 tsp per day. I told him I have hypertension and what was his response....'Pump it up to 1 tsp a day' as it helps LOWER BP. Interesting. [Smile] Now, I don't think anyone would say take 20 grams, but....

glm1111
Member # 16556

Wow Seek,

That is really interesting that your chiro said that. If you are considering it, I would suggest you only start with 1/4tsp salt p/day.

I am very conservative and I don't have high blood pressure. I did that for a week and then increased it another 1/4 tsp. I ramped up very slowly to see how I would react.

I didn't get up to 20gms for about a yr. Sammy on here takes 20gms and she is only at 7 mos mark.

Not everyone goes to that dose. Deb and Fancy are seeing results at 1/2 tsp. People usually do what they can tolerate.

I hope you at least give it a shot, esp since your chiro gave you the green light,

Let us know,

Gael

P. S really pleasantly surprised

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

Hi Seek.

Just wanted to say a couple things.

I agree with you that this has gotten too long and out of control somewhat. honestly there were lots of other posts inbetween in the beginning but some got kicked off and others deleted stuff..

There is a lot of interest in this subject.. I posted a quick post on another forum and it had a few posts but within a few weeks over 20000 views.!..Amazing. i had no idea.

As well.. it is interesting about what your chiro said. very interesting. that matches a lot of what I have read as well.
I know it gets confusing and though too I agree we are intelligent enough to read the stuff we have put here and as well research on our own.. And choose..

not sure why ob keeps saying we should listen to her if we want to save ourselves. I appreciate the warning.. and I have taken that into consideration. but as well I have read and found out that she was taking 20 grams right away and did not start slowly. I know that there is limited info and as well I also was almost going to make that mistake. Gael saved me.. So that may have a lot to do with her not having success and even hurting herself.. Those on that much have worked up to it slowly as they are able and some stay at smaller dosings...

I read an old post of hers that describes what she did and it can only help us understand her experience more and as well help our learning journey. I can get it here to be viewed.

As well there is another thread for just people on the protocol who are checking in and who are sharing how they are doing.. Maybe you did not realize that and though this one was it??

I know it is a bit confusing and I had no clue both of them would end up so huge..

Anyone the other one is usually right there on the first page alone with this one.. I figured this one would fade out and go into archive.. but it stays here and alive for now.

I guess there is more learning and discussion people want to engage in.

And I say that can be powerful if it is done in a constructive way .
TAKE care.. and I hope that somehow this all helps you.. No matter what path you choose

Deb

DebAz
Unregistered

I will tell you from my own experience so for that having people there to talk to and check in with along the way during the starting of the treatment helps immensely.. SO if you do decide on anything

we are all here to help and be there and share information with etc.

I have taken the view .. that .. so many readings have told me many great doctors treat lyme patients by treating parasites first and even if this is not a prolonged treatement for me..

At least I feel it is a good cleansing and a way to also tell how I tolerate it and to keep learning.

if it leads me longer term and proves to help more than a cleansing that that is where I will go..

one day at a time and .. As Gael as taught me.. Slow and steady and ... and paying attention carefully along the way..

I actually bought a blood pressure cuff and a new thermometer

At my docs I have a bit highter BP than I like and when i go to the pharamacy or what not I end up lower .. and more normal.
So i am going to check on it at home myself..
I figure its a good idea no matter what.

And as well my last few months I have had a fever at my doc appaointments.. like low grade.. 99.9 100.1 and such.

Interesting.
But . i plan on watching myself ... So I can catch any trends before my monthly visits.. to the doctor

Deb

doc
Member # 14471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW , i cant belive 2 people can post so much . it seem a bit like spam. you guys gettin payed lol . , Doc
Posts: 95 | From nys | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

I agree lots of posts...played for what? lol. They aren't making any money selling anything! C'mon....
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

I never took 20 grams. Depending on the type of salt you use (I used grey sea salt from France) it was 8-12. At the time people were saying 1/4 teaspoon was about 1 gram. Salts vary depending on their other minerals.

I did not ramp up. Whoop ti do. I only did FOUR DAYS and look what happened. And then of course I found that people who ramped up every so slowly--like Kurt took TWO YEARS to get to a full dose, or others who had cardiac symptoms at say only four grams, etc...I found out that a number of people had really bad experiences, and there was no common denominator--no common "flaw" in their approach.

Oh yeah, and Marc misunderstood me when I said I could not get my normal IV vitamins and minerals after that (in isotonic saline--the same osmolarity as blood--as IV drips are always given, or sometimes in dextrose with the proper osmolarity). I couldn't handle any kind of salt I couldn't even eat swiss chard without becoming overcome with weakness, for ages and ages...my body simply could not handle salt after I overdosed it for those few days. And there have been lasting consequences.

I have been considering telling you to do some research on the evolution of humans and parasites, and how parasite infections can help regulate immunity in a beneficial way. There is less autoimmune illness, less asthma, etc, in those who naturally get infected with parasites when young. Also google microbiota and start reading about the organisms in our gut that keep us alive. Just because you see some stuff coming out that you killed with salt, does not mean that it was pathogenic. Maybe it was a good guy that was helping you.

glm1111
Member # 16556

This is the reason Doc,

A lot of people are sending Deb and I private messages, because they are considering the salt/c protocol.

They are watching and reading all of the info on this thread trying to learn something.

Being part of the solution instead of the problem would be a more valuable approach than posting the negative comment you made.

They want to see the progress we make so that they can decide for themselves if they want to do it. This is a very difficult disease to eradicate as I am sure you know.

We are all looking for answers. The people posting their experiences on here are trying to contribute for the good of all. Maybe you can learn something,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

It saddens me that folks consider this without full medical evaluation.

oxygenbabe has excellent points to consider. It is sad that she receives personal assaults simply for offering information.

This thread has become a clique wanting to keep outside cautions at bay.

For anyone new: Salt can have very serious consequences. Kidney function should first be checked but, even if fine on a test, kidney can be damaged from too much salt.

Heart attacks can occur, too.

That is not being negative. It is being realistic. For anyone considering this, be sure to read from a vast number of sources, not just from those suggesting the protocol.

Yes, some have seen help with this. Many have seen disaster, too. For anyone new, be sure to become as fully informed as possible. Even one day with too much salt can be very risky for some people. Anyone new to this deserves a full picture.

See what the American Heart Association has to say. Then check out the Kidney Foundation's advice. Finding out what they have to say is simply good research.

Deciding if you would be able to live a full life while also on kidney dialysis would also be a key question in case something should go wrong.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Keebler,

Wanting to keep cautions at bay, is an untrue statement. We have posted pros and cons several times including pre-existing conditions and salt sensitivity in relation to the kidneys.

Deb posted Kurts blog on this as well. It's statements like "salt can have very serious consequences" without any info to back it up is annoying and not credible.

Or excess salt can cause heart attacks without any additional info.

We have also repeatedly stated that people check with their physicians and do their own research and make their own decisions.

We are not picking on oxy, in fact we have been constantly put in a position to have to defend ourselves.

It's just getting old. If you have concrete credible info post it! Let's please move on into healing,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

Super Water Kills Bugs Dead

This is interesting..

A California company has figured out how to use two simple materials -- water and salt -- to create a solution that wipes out single-celled organisms, and which appears to speed healing of burns, wounds and diabetic ulcers.
The solution looks, smells and tastes like water, but carries an ion imbalance that makes short work of bacteria, viruses and even hard-to-kill spores.
Developed by Oculus Innovative Sciences in Petaluma, the super-oxygenated water is claimed to be as effective a disinfectant as chlorine bleach, but is harmless to people, animals and plants. If accidentally ingested by a child, the likely impact is a bad case of clean teeth.

DebAz
Unregistered

Parasites and Toxins

Here it talks about parasites and how we get them and what it can do to our bodies and how many people have them... More than anyone would think!
As well natural herb combination that helps get rid of all of them..

Yet three herbs can rid you of over 100 types of parasites! And without so much as a headacheor nausea or any interference with any drug that you are already on!

They are natures gift to us. The herbs are:

Black Walnut Hulls (from the black walnut tree) Wormwood (from the Artemisia shrub) Common Cloves (from the clove tree)

These three herbs must be used together.

Something to think about in our therapies.

Garlic is a proven antimicrobial agent that is effective against many species of parasites.

Licorice root is a mild detoxifier, and ginger is known to protect the intestinal lining and has a wide range of actions against intestinal parasites.

Cinnamon has anti-fungal activity. While any one of these herbs may be beneficial, especially effective are supplements that contain a number of herbs known to promote cleansing.

[ 19. December 2008, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: DebAz ]

mynewname
Member # 11950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mynewname     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW........

FWIW, I did this twice, based on my response to Albenza, an antiparasitc and made it up to 12g/day for a few months and nothing really happened except Kidney pain at the higher doses.

In hindsight I should have backed off when I felt the Kidney pain and consider myself lucky I didn't have an adverse reaction.

I was on the Salt/C list for a while and it's interesting that most of them are doing other tx. Why? Salt/C didn't work for most is my best guess. Last time I was there, they were on to MMS as the next big thing.

If this was going to be a breakthrough treatment we would have known it by now with all the people who have done it. I don't deny that it helps some to varying degrees but I sense it's less than 30% based on what I've read.

Not sure why there's so many posts on this thread, just felt the need to tell my experience and move on.

Chris

Posts: 46 | From Here | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi Deb,

Really interesting and credible. Thank you for posting this for people to review. I have done these herbs in the past.

I also eat strong garlic, crushed ginger and lots of cinnamon on my yams. The salt/c is the only protocol I am doing right now.

Those herbs you mentioned are excellent antparasitics, especially if someone can't do the salt/c.

Thanks Again,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi M

Sorry it didn't work for you. The salt is pretty powerful and it will chase these parasites out. Maybe you just didn't see them mixed in with your bm.

Sammy who posts oh here said she has personaly been in touch with and e-mailed over 500 people who are on this protocol with great results.

They are in the beginning of the lymestrategies thread. This is not an easy protocol and some people choose not to stick with it.

Did the other antiparasitic you took work for you?

I had some kidney pain but it went away. Hey I am for whatever works to kick this disease. Sorry it didn't work for you and hope you are doing well,

gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

Hey there..
I am sorry this did not work for you too.. and I hope too you are well. I know there are many therapies out there and there is a basic kinda top 10 that seems to always be out there for people to choose from and try.. Maybe not quite 10..
But anyway.. On the site where doctors or recommending or discussing treatment options the Vitamin C/Salt protocol is becoming a main stream option.
This is not just a few folks who are out there making up a thread for any particular reason and this does get a lot of attention and I have heard lots of success stories.. Many many many more than problems with the protocol.

I understand it has not worked or helped everyone . That goes for every single protocol out there.

We all try our best and do what is working and best for us.
I am pretty new here and at this protocol and so far I have been impressed with it...

I am all for what works as well all are suffering and so are many others. Whatever works.. Is what I support for all.

And I respect everyones choices.. Even if it was something that did not work for me. It may work for you... Its all an individual choice and we are all different in enough ways that not all medicines or therapies work the same on every human.

So what gets me struck is the strong opinions from those that it has not worked for.. as if that means noone will benefit.

I hope others can be happy for anyone who benefits from anything >No matter what.

Warnings are fair and warnings are good.

Thats about it.

THANKS all.. And GOOD HEALTH ..and I hope you all find the parts of the puzzle that work for you.

For those now wanting to try this or it has not worked for you. Then I am sure you are moving on to something else and I hope you do find those things that help you most..

For those who do want to try it and it does work for you.
Thats great too and I hope having others around who it is helping is a comfort to you.
It helps me a lot

D

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Thanks Deb so much for posting that. I was just looking at Black walnut hull,-wormwood etc.. yesterday. And had found several products---extracts, capsules, tinctures with everything you mentioned in them.

Except the garlic and ginger. I'm thinking about trying it. You can also make your own capsules. It's a really neat place. Fantastic Products

Rose Mountain Herbs

glm1111
Member # 16556

Nice site Fancy,

I put it in my favories. Hope you are having a smooth day [Cool]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

Thank you

We have lots of supports and ideas here and i agree that .. the good news is we are getting better..

D

pippifern
Member # 11564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pippifern     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD recommends NOT supplementing vit C due to the cells becoming acidic from it. He says to go ahead and ingest foods rich in Vit C, but to avoid supplements. I confess I don't know about the protocol you refer to here.

--------------------
To our good health,
Pippifern

Posts: 36 | From Cape Cod | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doc
Member # 14471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i do belive someone is selling a ebook. just saying. doc
Posts: 95 | From nys | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Okay Doc,

No one on here is selling an e-book. I have never purchased the e-book Marc has for sale on lymestrategies. I have no problem with him selling an e-book either.

I am sure anyone who has a book published about Lyme disease is making money from the sales.

I understand from sammyi who posts on here that she has purchased it and it has been an invaluable guide for her doing the salt/c protocol.

The people who developed this protocol on www.lymephotos.com have nothing for sale here or anywhere else.

It would be very foolish for anyone with Lyme disease to think that only a "select" few are infected with these nematodes. These nematodes play a MAJOR part.

What speaks volumes to me is that the evidence(nematodes) is staring us right in the face and yet people just want to put their heads in the sand or go into denial. I don't get it. It just boggles my mind.

Burgdorfer found adult filarial worms in the ticks and as an aside found spirochetes.

This is a simple and brilliantly conceived protocol that has helped hundreds of people get rid of this horrible disease.

It has saved my life as well. The only reason I am here posting this info on this protocol is so other people have another option that is very, very effective against this disease.

I am almost free of this nightmare, so my intentions are only to help, nothing more, nothing less. I'm just saying,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

stuman455
Member # 17823

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuman455     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep the posts coming Deb. I'm always checking in on this thread. Pretty interesting. Hope you get better from this protocol. I guess you'll never know if ya let all the criticism stop you. Stick with it....

Stuman455

Posts: 45 | From western kentucky | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

stuman455,

Debs around. I don't know if you know but there is another thread about salt/C about sharing data with people who are doing the protocol

It's usually on the first page of medical questions. You can see her posting her progress there.

Fancy

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=074996

DebAz
Unregistered

Hi There.

We are all sharing as we move along in the therapy and there is a few of us that started on the same week or so.
I get some PMS from a few who do not feel they want to post and I kinda do not blame them.

I am glad to hear that there are those watching and maybe it can help others in some way.. Good or Bad .. Pros or cons.. Whichever.

I am doing well.. And honestly a little afraid to make the bold statments that I might feel like sometimes because I do like to see some actual blocks of time go by before I make a statement of full ongoing "progress" that I can track to a therapy.

I will say I am making very small or near no changes in other things I do or take so I know how this therapy is working.

I am feeling so much better still with insomnia and with energy when I wake up and that has been a HUGE improvement.
I am not sure why this is making that change for me and some say the salt is helping the adreanals in a way that is positive.

i will take that .. Even if it does not so the more that some claim.

Sleep is a huge deal and always has been so much of an issue for me. And not just sleep but feeling so SICK when I wake up as if the infection crept up upon me during the time I slept.

I do not get that near as much.. And I am getting sleepy at night and can feel more relaxed at night and able to lay there and even if I do not fall right asleep I do not have the same insomnia fatigue type of issues.

There are other things and I listed them on the other forum and when more time goes by with these positives that stay that way or grow i will be continuing to write them

I am taking this slower than I wanted to.. To be honest.. I do like to get a bit aggressive sometimes but have learned as well as others that if you push therapies too fast and hard you will herx badly and that not only feels bad it can hurt more than help when you put that burden on so hard.

It is a balancing act for me. Even when I feel a herx coming on I will back down on things to let my body clear it out.

I am not for the pushing through it not matter how bad you feel.
I used to do that.. ANd i suffered many years without any marked progress..

I am a true beliver in letting your body talk to you and listening and as well giving it a break and giving it time to detox or explell the things we keep killing off with these therapies as we are given the signal to do so.

That has built the strength and improvements I have seen. It takes a lot of patience but as well that is where I have settled with abx or anything I might use that is there to kill off stuff.

That has been a huge key for me.

There is a thread posted that I also and others have posted an article that says exactly what I am but by a doctor who wants to say that the whole Herx concept and the concept of being told to just push through it and wait for getting to the other side is backwards and not healthy or good.

Anyway..
THANKS for listening.
Thanks for keeping and eye on me.. And please post and converse any time. It helps a lot to not only have support but to know there are people watching and learning.

D

DebAz
Unregistered

Stuman..

thanks for the support and it helps knowing people are there and as well tell me things like that.

Things at time do affect me..i am normal and human and sick. And at times it can be hard ... to keep going.. IN many ways.

Would love to hear more about you and what your doing for therapy and what your fighting and your story..

Let us know.
k

THANKS
D

DebAz
Unregistered

I started a poll and asked people about how they felt about the Salt C protocol. Positive or negative. Here are some responses.

I for one am very happy with this protocol. I do not use it alone,
though. I use silver and MMS with it to get the best results. But it definitely is an effective treatment for lyme without side effects (for me anyway).

Susan

I'm very happy I tried i

Renate

I just ordered the MMS two days ago and I am SO excited to try it. I'd never heard of it before this group.
For everyone who participates in this group GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

Steve

I'm happy but, of course, happiness is just a concept... the
education/guidance has helped the most, no doubt the protocols
inclusiveness of intellectual dexterity.

Shep

The salt/c protocol is very effective. I've had fms/lyme for over 50 years. My first encounter with salt was with another protocol for fms (Recuperation) using a sodium product that made me deathly ill. At that time I didn't know that I had LD nor did I have knowledge about the salt/lyme die-off effect that made me so deathly ill. I have now been doing salt/c "on and off" for approximately 2Ω yrs along with a number of other protocols that I had been previously doing plus mms that I also added. The salt/c protocol is one of the best�.

When one starts a protocol that will prove helpful, there is often a period of time when one will feel much worse. It is therefore easy for many to give it up as not working if they feel worse or do not find immediate relief. The same can be said of salt/c. Therefore, when someone reports that salt/c didn't work for them (excluding any serious reaction) after only a few weeks or months, that is not a realistic expectation. If someone has been on it for a year or more, that is a more credible time period, and they probably know what they are talking about.

Diane

It's really helped me - very glad I've tried it.

Sharon

i tried it for a couple of weeks, but saw no benefit. i had a 'side- effect', though. when i laid down to goto sleep i had incredibly uncomfortable pressure around my heart/chest.
i did see real results with both the marshall protocol and using a doug coil rife machine. just my 2 cents!

Tyler

I'm happy I tried Salt/C even though I'm not cured. I'm a lot better off than I believe I would be if I hadn't done Salt/C.

Greg

My wife tried and its helped her tremendously. Its her main treatment now

Scott

And in my opinion there is NO possible way to see if a protocol is working with ONLY two weeks on it ! This is a LONG haul ! Try it for four - six months and see ..... bottom line is you have to know the science behind it and truely believe in the protocol so you can make it thru the tough parts and even the boring parts when it seems nothing is happening....it usually is though....

Susan in WV

glm1111
Member # 16556

Thanks for posting this Deb. Great to see others input.

It is the only protocol I am on right now and after 2 1/2yrs it is really knocking out these infections.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Deb,

Just wondering where the poll you took is from?

Thank,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement