LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Vitamin C Salt Therapy - Data Sharing - For those on/starting therapy (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Vitamin C Salt Therapy - Data Sharing - For those on/starting therapy
DebAz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone.

I am starting the new post today for us that have started the protocol and put down the items I feel would help us all know where we are in the therapy and what we are using etc

I would love to get the same feedback from others to start and then ongoing if it changes and check in on certain days or weeks etc on how it is going for you.

THANKS for being there and participating and I hope all great wellness forward.

DATE STATED SALT C : 12-2-08
KIND OF SALT : Eden Sea Salt French Celtic
KIND OF C : Bluebonnet Buffered C Crystals
AMOUNT STARTED : 1/4 tsp (I am 6ft tall and 215lbs)Optional
HOW IT IS SPLIT UP: 1/8 tsp am +1/8 tsp pm
PILLS OR LIQUID : Liquid drink combining Salt/C
ABX ON or OFF : On
ABX KIND DOSAGE: Ketek 400mg M W F weekly

CHECK IN FOR DAY # :# 2 -Adding the new Salt and C on Day 1 I feel like a herx hit me and I feel painful and achy and flu today. But not too horrible as I am up and around this afternoon and I usually stay in bed all day on a severe herx.

(as you all must read in the other post I did have a couple days headstart on kosher and vitamin emergency packs and did feel great for those 3 days prior to today. But will consider yesterday my day two since I bought the correct items yesterday and took them last night )

[ 04. December 2008, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: DebAz ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guard your kidneys!!! [shake]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's okay TuTu, [Wink]

we are all being careful. Salt and VitC are water soluble which means that drinking at least an equal amount of water will flush the kidneys and any infection that's sitting there as well.

Sammy1 has been in touch with over 500 people personaly by e-mail and they all are the road to recovery and have done quite well.

Hope you are feeling better,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kingneptune11
Member # 17751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kingneptune11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DebAZ, Glm.......thanks for getting this started.....I will start posting later this week once I get to the nutrition store.....I have company until Friday.....ugh

Should be up and running by Saturday.....

Hope everyone is staying warm, we are getting some cold weather here in Illinois.....

Posts: 27 | From Illinois | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

It's important to first get blood tests to be certain kidney function is adequate to do this. Reading all about salt - from a variety of medical literature sources is a good thing, too.

And, please, be sure to keep your doctors in the loop.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebAz
Unregistered

Hey there..I wondered when you were planning on joining..Maybe it will end up me and you only that are just starting.. I will keep an eye out for you... Deb..
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your concern keebler.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebAz
Unregistered

Yes Thanks Keebler for your concern and warnings.
I will tell you I have read every post no matter what the view to stay educated.

THANKS for your contribution and taking the time to post items we all learn from.

Good Health and Happiness

Smile

DebAz
Unregistered

Please Post NEW Information and Comments on the PROTOCOL on the Thread:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=074736&p=4#000140

Topic: Vitamin C/Salt Who is doing it> I am starting

And on this thread we are going to post our progress as those starting or on the protocol itself.

I hope that is ok with everyone and I hope that it can work out that way..

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

DebAz
Unregistered

CHECK IN FOR DAY # :# 3 - Feeling pretty good today . Not great but not a Herx type day. . MIDDLE GROUND What I call Level 2 type of day. See below

How I rate days..
I usually use 3 words as of now to rate days and working on 4th.

1 = Herxing -In bed all day for the most part

2- Middle ground -where I am up by noon and get about 6 hours in that I am up.

3 - Good -day where I am up before noon and I have about 6-12 hours i am up and around.> low energy but up out of the bed

4 - Very Good- not only be up and about but to start getting energy to do things and to be productive.

5 - Great -feeling close to Normal again, still have many symptoms to manage and can think of working part time maybe

6. Last goal and I still hope to feel NORMAL one day.!!

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FancyRatFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The topic here is

"VITAMIN C SALT THRERAPY GROUP DATA"

It is for those of us using this protocol to give feedback to others on our experiences and progress.

While all comments, concerns and warnings are welcome and encouraged please use another thread.

Thank you

Fancy

Posts: 258 | From San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebAz
Unregistered

ADDITION TO my report

I wanted to add that I had to take my ABX Ketek yesterday and that typically means I am quite sick the next day.

But I am not.?>? That is great news for me...
I am very happy about that and I was nervous taking it last night.

Each MWF I have to take the KETEK and I am going to continue that until I talk to my doctor of feel I do not want to. Not sure yet.

Anyway.. I am thrilled about it and I do not know if it has anything to do with what I added or not.

Time will tell.

Debbie.

Looking forward to others posts.

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FancyRatFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I more than a week ago with 1/8tsp salt and equal C mg.

First week Chills that went away quickly and that no longer happened after a week.

3 days ago started 1/4 tsp. I feel better after I take it. Kinda like a small surge of better.

Right now for me it's hard to say if it's my pain meds or the salt that are making me so tired.

Head hurts but it the pain level changes everyday anyway.

What I do know is that I have never tried Himalayn salt before this and now I crave it all day.

I think I need the minerals.

Fancy

Posts: 258 | From San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebAz
Unregistered

Hey .> Fancy Thanks

I started asking a bunch of questions and realized they are all in the little chart I made..

Well maybe you can just cut and paste my little chart instead of me asking all this.. Would you? THANKS..
Below is the chart and if you could put your answers next to the the items below and cut and paste this into your reply.. That would be awesome!!

DATE STATED SALT C :
KINDS OF SALT:
KIND of C :
AMOUNT STARTED :
HOW IT IS SPLIT UP :
PILLS OR LIQUID :
ABX ON or OFF :
ABX KIND DOSAGE:
CHECK IN FOR DAY # :

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, glm!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy1
Member # 12754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the herxes? well, they suck. they vary from emotional and thinking this is NOT working to physical with swollen lymph nodes and fever, muscle aches, headaches, you name it.

i herx right on schedule once every 4-5 weeks and the herx lasts 5-12 days.

they stink and really hurt and soooo many people decide the protocol isn't working when they are going through a herx and stop taking the salt c.

but if you are herxing it means you are getting better.

buy the ebook at lymestrategies it is worth its weight in gold. i still refer to it.

Posts: 82 | From philadelphia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Sammy just says it all so well. I couldn't have put it any better. Not to sound like I am coping out of putting my 2 cents in.

The herxes are tough because they seem to be really magnified. I herxed every day since I started 2 yrs ago.

The internal vibrations never stopped. The pain was relentless, and the brain fog wouldn't leave. I never backed off the salt/c maybe that's why.

Sammys experience seems to be a little different in that she could regognize the cycles.

After almost exactly 2 yrs (Nov 2006) I am finally seeing a clearing.

The brain fog is lifting, the vibrations and pain is calming down and I can feel the infection leaving me.

I posted a detailed not so pretty picture of what came out of me on the original salt/c thread if you want to see it.

Hope this helps paint a clearer picture of the herxes.

Gael

The parasitologist who developed the salt/c protocol says it can take 2-4 yrs to get rid of depending on how long you have had it. I have been sick for over 30+ yrs.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

hey.. So you saw bugs and paraasite coming out within days>>
Would if you do not see any ./ ?? Wow yours are intense descriptions in size and length etc.. I think i would freak a bit but it helps me be prepared hearing your story.> Wowers... for sure.

Glad you seeing some light>!

DebAz
Unregistered

Here is Gaels Post about Protocol experience.

Hi Guys,

As requested, I will do my best to give you the details of what took place over the last 2 1/2 yrs since I started the salt/c.

Going back 2 yrs trying to remember sequencing of things since I started the salt/c can be a little vague.

This I do remember.I was taking strong Chinese and South American antiparasitic herbs for 6 months starting in mid 2005.

I was having severe internal vibrations, (like a riveting machine) tachycardia, bad brain fog and severe burning pain thru my body. All the other aches and pains associated with Lyme & co.

I decided to start the salt/c while on the herbs and 2 days later, all hell broke loose. Approx May 2006.

( I also do clear water enemas) I take coconut oil and lots of kefir/yogurt and probiotics. That's it.

Everything that you see on the lymephotos site came pouring out of me including very large ascaris worms 18-20" Other filarial worms(looked like colored sewing thread(eggshell blue) came out of my scalp, my mouth.

Microscopic worms came out of my eyes,and nose.(Occurring over months)Horse hair worm,(8") and filarial worms and creatures I couldn't identify as well as hundreds of eggs.

This die off has been occurring intermitently over the last 2 yrs. It is still occurring but not as massive of an exodus.

I can't really explain why these herxes are so severe other than to say everything is really intensified.

I have not missed a single dose of salt/c. I also have had a lot of emotional herxes as well. A lot of heavy crying.

This might be too much info, but this is my experience. I have seen other people post the same info that have done the salt/c.

I posted some peoples experiences a few posts back. SALTYDOG member #6253(sept 21st)........FITSTICK member # 6812.......PHIL RICH member # 6817. I have seen GiGi post similar info.

No, this is not what is referred to as Morgellons. 97% of people who think they have Morgellons have been diagnosed with Lyme.

I believe they are one and the same. Burgdorfer found adult FILARIAL WORMS in the ticks and as an aside found spirochetes. These worms are also producing bacteria.

A lot of people want to stay in denial and think they are just chasing borrellia and other bacteria.

I think that is why antibiotics are not the sole answer and why people relapse. I am still on salt/c and getting rid of stuff daily.

I am definitely seeing a light and feeling a lot better. Pain almost gone. Brain fog lifting,vibrations are still there but slight.

I have been sick for over 30 yrs, and I think the longer you are sick with this the longer it takes to get rid of.

There is no doubt I needed antibiotics in the beginning, but antibiotics can't get rid of worms and parasites.

I hope this is the info you wanted to know. Sorry Deb I couldn't quite get it into the format you suggested.

Peace & Light everyone,

Gael

DebAz
Unregistered

hey guys .
I need some advice. It just dawned on me i might be contradicting my therapy.

I do not know if you remember me saying I take Chostymine as well. Ok.

I take the Vitamin C Salt 30 minutes after my meds in am and pm. Then i drink my cholestrymine 30 minutes later.

Well cholestymine is known to have a binding type mechanism and will take out toxins and absorb stuff in your intestines so that it does not reabsorb.

But do you think that taking it 30 minutes *that close* afterward might be too close and it is affecting the Salt C that i drank 30 minutes prior???

I at first did not think so.. But i was second guessing myself today. what are your thoughts on this.

Would appreciate another mind and minds as Mind is so foggy and tired. I can not think that clearly ..right now.

Thanks
D

glm1111
Member # 16556

Do you have high cholestral Deb? I like to space things out. If it were me, i would wait an hour before taking anything.

BTW, I didn't mean to scare anyone with my descriptive post . It probably sound worse than it is.

I did see the same info in some old posts and also some info GiGi posted about some friends of hers that had this happen to them.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

No I do not have high Cholestrol. I am taking the cholestrymine for the binding agent and it is on the Dr S and Dr T protocol.

Its in detail here. They are cool as they write out how to do it in steps like day one and day two and what to buy and how to take things exactly. I have taken some things out of that protcol as information that has helped me make my own but I do not follow it exactly as they layed out. It is for Lyme patients as well as anyone who has nuerotoxins which includes many ill people

The timing around Cholestrymine is an issue if you read the treatment protocol

http://www.ei-resource.org/articles/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-articles/neurotoxins-%11-treatment-information-sheet/

As well hey.. Only two people have told me that you should take your thryoid medicine ALONE before in the am before any other meds.

Do other people besides me do this and are told to do this>??
The two people are my doctor and my second doctor.. LOL
And Dr T too... and Dr S say it in their protocol details.

glm1111
Member # 16556

I am a little confused. Did your LLMD put you on this? Is he following the Dr. S and Dr T protocol?

I personally am not comfortable with anything that causes constipation. I understand the principal, just think there would be something more natural to do this.

I am not even crazy about the binding earth clays. The other dr mentions the vit c flush and alkalizing.

Well, the sea salt is alkalizing which will kill the bacteria and the vit c flushes out the toxins. I think that is all you might need. What do you think?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

Something to ponder..
Well he did prescribe it but it was after me asking for it because I had a mold exposure episode where I tore my shower out and it was all moldy in the back and I broke out in spores all over my bad and hips etc and it was so painful.
I had read about the cholestrymine therapy for that as well as other things...
The mold story is another story and it is rectified.. I am hoping.

But as well I then was using it to help my herxes not be as intense and would take it in the middle of the night as I was on Mepron at the time 4 times a day and it helped.

So i stayed on it for that reason.
And I like the idea of the toxins being grabbed before they have a chance to reabsorb back into the system as it is trying to move on out. It is like a double check and helper to get them out,

And I like using it because of that and It does feel as if it has been working for me that way and I did not want to stop it just becuase of starting the salt thing.

I just was thinking outloud that I may be taking them too
close together..

D

DebAz
Unregistered

CHECK IN FOR DAY # :# 4 - Its a middle ground day today again. Not feeling any better and not any worse. Not herxing too badly but some. Not seeing any bugs or parasites coming out of me and not seeing anything different at all really. Some shooting sharp pains in joints I noticed since I started. Not sure if it is related. But i do feel good when I drink the C Salt mixture and ecs after eating. Just feels like it changes the chemistry inside my gut . Besides that nothing to report.

Of course I will not report every day. And maybe weekly and monthly over time.. Would like to get at least a few of us talking at the same time and I know some are waiting awhile still to start.

I think I am already wanting to up the dosing because it feels as if I am taking nothing. I would like feedback on how often others went up in the dosages. Like an average timeframe...??

Debbie.

glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi There Deb,

I definetly upped the dosage when I didn't feel anything. I went from 1/4 tsp to 1/2. I upped it a quarter of a tsp at a time.

DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Also you are very tall and it goes by body weight so you could probably tolerate the increase very well.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

yeah thats why I put that note in there.. because i wanted people to know I may jump the dosage when I am feeling like and more maybe than someone else because I am big and weigh a lot.

I realize that also.. silly me was using my measuring spoons .. the ones that have all the sizes and swore the smallest one was 1/8
now i notice that it is not.. it is 1/4... yikes.

I drink about a gallon a day ... ... and I LOVE Water..
I have a huge cooler in the house and my kids all drink only water now too.

Maybe I will not have the bugs going on??
I do not know.

More time to tell I guess.

Deb

[ 24. December 2008, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: DebAz ]

DebAz
Unregistered

On that note..
I am taking a step up...tonight... I am sure I will find my spot and will need to level it out.. soon.

Just going to add 1/4 tsp to my evening dose.

[ 12. December 2008, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: DebAz ]

Marya
Member # 18366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed 9/28/08 and started on 100mg doxy 2X per day for 3 weeks. (I didn't know any better then.) Went off everything for two weeks -- went back to doc and put back on doxy. Started doing research and started the Salt/C while looking for a Lyme Literate doc.

I found a doc, started abx but do not want to give up the Salt/C.

After I started the Salt/C I herxed for about 4 days. Then felt a little better for about a week. Then I started the abx. 3 days after I started the abx I herxed again -- horrible -- noise sensitivity, muscle and joint pain. Now I just feel like I am 90 years old all the time.

I am looking forward to hearing everyone's story. I like the idea of something as simple as Salt/C working -- but am still curious about the effectiveness against different types of bacteria and parasites.

DATE STATED SALT C : 11-5-08
KIND OF C: Solgar 500mg capsules
AMOUNT STARTED : 1tsp salt and 3 grams C (I am 5'10"ft tall and 200lbs)
HOW IT IS SPLIT UP: 3x per day early AM, noon, and bedtime I take abx mid morning and at dinner
PILLS OR LIQUID : I mix salt in lemon or lime juice and water - sometimes tomato or organic veggy cocktail and C capsules
ABX KIND DOSAGE: Ceftin 500mg, 2x per day; Plaquenil 200mg, 2x per day; Mepron 750mg, 2x per day; Zithromax 500mg, 1x per day.

Also, omega 3, Acidolphilus and Saccharomyces(friendly yeast),low carb, no wheat, no alcohol, no yeast, no caffeine, no sugar

--------------------
reduced Salt/C, omega 3, Acidolphilus and Saccharomyces(friendly yeast),low carb, no wheat, no alcohol, no yeast, no caffeine, no sugar.
Ceftin 500mg, 2x per day; Plaquenil 200mg, 2x per day; Mepron 750mg, 2x per day; Zithromax 500mg, 1x per day.

Posts: 3 | From northern NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi Marya, Welcome!

Have you read the info on www.lymephotos.com I find it very informative and have read it many times. I always find info I didn't notice.

The salt/c is supposed to be effective against Lyme & co. Keep us posted.

Thanx, Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

Hi Marya..
Wow that is very informative and thank you for taking the time to fill out my little chart.> LOL> But it sure helps to see and bring it al together and see what your doing..
I want to clarify one things.. You said 1 tsp salt.. and then said you take it 3x a day.. So does that mean you take 1 tsp each of the 3x or do you take 1/3 tsp each of the 3x a day.?

I am trying to figure out some dosing right now.

As well I hope your doing well and think that it is helping.
your taking a of abx too.

i have so far seen not much in terms of herxing but I have noticed for some reason I am not herxing as much from my abx ..so far but am not sure if there is a relation.

Never know but i am watching closely what is going on.

I many make a daily log chart for myself which I have done before at times ...
That keeps track of what I am taking and my pain level and herx level and symptoms etc.

Then I use that to report to the doctors.. too.
It is a lot of work though.> Ugggg

THANKS again for joining the post and sharing>!!
Love it.

Deb

glm1111
Member # 16556

Deb,

Just thought I would help clarify dosage for you. (1tsp = 5 gms (grams) (1 gm = 1,000mg)milligrams)

so if you take 1/4 tsp 4x day you would be taking 1tsp or 5gms.

I personaly think it is easier to increase 1/4tsp at a time.....easier to keep track. I hope this is clear and makes some sense for you.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

ARE YOU SURE THAT'S IT? [bonk] [lol]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

Well

[ 12. December 2008, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: DebAz ]

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Thanks for sharing your experience. I like the detail GLM. I won't think I'm loosing my mind or mabe I will.

DATE STATED SALT C 11/24
KIND OF SALT : Himalayan Salt from Rose Mountain Herbs

KIND OF C : Natrol Ester C Powdered
AMOUNT STARTED : 1/8 tsp. 12/1 Now 1/4 tsp a day
HOW IT IS SPLIT UP: Not split yet
ABX ON or OFF : OFF

glm1111
Member # 16556

I just wanted to mention about the biofilm. I see a lot of biofilm in the toilet carrying colonies of bacteria.

So what that says to me is that the salt/c is efective against the biofilm. Hope everyone is doing okay today, Gael [Wink]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Took my regular salt/c dose. Herxing not too bad. Hope everyone is feeling okay this evening,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

CHECK IN FOR DAY 5

Herxing day. In bed all day and just got up for a little soup. I guess not as bad as my most severe herx or i would NEVER have been on here saying a word.. But I will be back to bed here in the next hour or two.. I am just watching tv and trying to get some liquids in. I had taken my ABX yesterday as well for the 3rd time this week and that usually does make for bad saturdays. Not sure still if it is the salt or not. To be honest. This is normal for me. But time again will tell.
Hello to all..DEB.

HOW IT IS SPLIT UP: 1/8 tsp am +1/8 tsp pm of each

[ 12. December 2008, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: DebAz ]

DebAz
Unregistered

PS..
Just so you know. I am also drinking at LEAST 1 gallon of water a day while doing this... and always have... and now ok more than a gallon!..

And thats all i drink besides some hot tea sometimes...

Good stuff.

I love it.

DebAz
Unregistered

DAY 5 > NIGHT Update

I just realized that it is due for that time of the month and i always feel so horrible the day or or before and during the next few days of my period.. My head has been pounding during the last hours and it reminded me..

I lose track of the dates and time.. lots since being ill..

So i think I am not really herxing like I thought and honestly i know for sure because first thing this morning I was not feeling that horrible as i was up taking my first doses of meds like thyroid etc.. and after I ended up taking my other meds and drinking my c salt stuff... One hour between each,.

Then i passed out... and never got up.. and now I got it figured out so.. I do not think my current daily update
has anything to do with the salt c issue really..

So time will tell and I can not count this as a Salt C herx...

Not as of yet..

Just wanted to clarify...

Deb

glm1111
Member # 16556

Just checking to see how everyone is doing. [hi]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

sunnymalibu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunnymalibu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused about the doses people are taking. It sounds like some are taking 3/4 tsp. salt total for the day, taken 1/4, 1/4 and 1/4 tsp. and others are taking 1/2 tsp. salt in a..m. and 1/2 tsp. in the p.m.

How many grams of Vit. C total per day? My vit. c capsules are 1 gram each. All powdered Vit. c is not created equally. Thanks!

--------------------
sunnymalibu

Posts: 192 | From california | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

It all depends when they started the salt/c. That's why everyone is on a different dose.

I started with 1/4 tsp salt to 1/4 tsp vitc. Everyone increases at their own pace.

Generally increments of 1/4 tsp at a time is acceptable. 1 tsp(teaspoon)salt = 5,000mg

1,000mg(milligrams is equal to 1 gm(gram)

So if you are taking vitc capsules that are 1,000mg you can take 1/4tsp salt which is a little over 1000 mg.

I use a powder ester c with bioflavinoids by Natrol. Makes it easier. Mixed in a large 8 oz glass of water.

I always drink another glass or two of water with it. Very important to drink a lot of water.

The best way to do this protocol is to pace not race and listen to your body.

Ramp up slowly and be your own judge. I hope this answers your question.

Good Luck,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

sunnymalibu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunnymalibu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael- thank you for explaining this to me! So basically 1/5 tsp. salt to one gram Vit. C. Since it's hard to work with 1/5 tsp. of salt it's easier to work with 1/4 tsps. of salt, and use 1/4 tsp. salt to 1 gram vit. C., and extra water. Thank you very much!

--------------------
sunnymalibu

Posts: 192 | From california | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebAz
Unregistered

CHECK IN FOR DAY 6
Today is nothing but pain. I am waiting on my period and i have had not a very good weekend at all.. OUCH really painful. I can not comment on the salt stuff right now and I am taking the weekend off from it and see if it is related. Trying to gain knowledge.. Not sure yet. Starting tommorrow I will back down one step though. I know I only was on this dosage of 3/4 for one day and It seemed to be my peak for now. i would rather be doing a bit less for now than push it.
Hope all is well. .Debbie.

ABX KIND DOSAGE: Ketek 400mg M W F week

INCREMENT TIMING AND AMOUNTS

12-2-08
1/4 tsp total
1/8 am and 1/8 pm each of Salt and C

12-9-08
1/2 tsp total
1/4 am and 1/4 pm each of Salt and C

[ 12. December 2008, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: DebAz ]

glm1111
Member # 16556

Awww Deb,

Sorry you are in so much pain and have had such a rough weekend. I hope things ease up for you, Gael [group hug]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

CHECK IN FOR DAY 7
Hello. I am feeling quite better today. Whew . It was a HORRIBLE weekend. Trying to clear stuff out and took a detox bath and am taking it easy today still. Thanks Debbie

[ 12. December 2008, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: DebAz ]

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

I'm still on 1/4 tsp a day. Experience Quick sharp pains in head and some body aches. Quick Sharp pains in my chest on each side.

Been awhile since I have had these symptoms.

I'll remain on the 1/4 tsp for a little while longer than up to a nite dose as well.

I'm glad you are feeling better deb.

Fancy

glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi Fancy,

Sounds like you might be starting to herx. Don't forget to drink lots of water. Thanks for posting.

Keep In Touch

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

Hi Fancy and Gael
How are you doing.. Well I hope ok,.
It does sound like you might have some salt herx reaction..

Take a look at the article I posted and as well the others on the page. There is one here where someone who is on it and started it takes you through is journey and the herx feelings.
Informative

i so far have had the sharp pains through my joints and some kidney ache and I agree with this article on taking breaks if you do.. I have taken the weekend off.

Starting the Salt/C protocol

I sound a lot like the person in this article and will have to cycle or pulse this sort of therapy.

I have to do that with any ABX or orther treatments too...

I also believe it is good for you no matter what to let your body rest and regulate as well as give it time to do some clearing.,
I may not detox as well or fast as others and i think it bulds up in me and I have time..

[ 09. December 2008, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: DebAz ]

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Hi Gael and Deb,

Hope you guys and everyone else is feeling good today.

Deb, I so appreciate all the information links you provide. Thank you!! I just looked at the last one and I'm so glad you posted that.

I wasn't really convinced I was herxing. I was hoping but not until I read your guys posts and the link didI believe I am.

How exciting. I can handle this so far. Other things I've tried were to hard on me.

I also have been experiencing heart palpatations and that also has not happened in a long time. They don't last long.

And last nite I started to feel a couple pin pricks, one on my thumb.

It was like a deep pain than pin prick sensation.

I looked down and there was red where the pain was and a little white bumb in the middle.

I thought mabe an insect bite but the deep pain didn't make sense.
I noticed one or two other pin prick sensations but didn't pay much attention to it.

Mabe it's the little buggers trying to get out!

My muscles are more fatigued than usual.

I did check my blood pressure yesterday and it's usually around 117/77 .

It was 128/79. It was after I went to the doctor which my blood pressure has been known to go up to 140/85 because I never know what to expect with doctor visits. I'll check the BP today too.

My Father has highblood pressure and heart disease. So I will take this very slow.

I'm glad you all are here!

Fancy

glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to check in. I am on this protocol for 2yrs and can see and feel the infection leaving.

Three yrs ago my hands were really swollen and red with cuts all over them.

The redness and swelling are almost gone as the infection is leaving the small intestine. I am not experiencing any more cuts on my hands.

My brain fog which was one of my biggest symptoms is finally clearing. The burning pain is only slight. I am on 15-20gms of salt/c a day.

Hopefully this will continue. Waiting to see how everyone else is doing today.

Peace & Light,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

CHECK IN FOR DAY 8
Hello. I am feeling pretty good today> i would say it is a 3 out of 5. Even almost near a 4 and I would say 3.5 lol.

I was feeling a clearing today and I took my salt and it feel good to take. I am going to be interested in how the week goes and if it is like the first week and maybe It will build up by friday to feel not so good again

I did start my period finally today and that was buidling and a few days delayed and that made it hard for me as itis always a tougher time each month. Even saying that ..

Today is not too bad ,. and i now just feel the extra painful cramps. the whole weekend I was just so feeling aweful .

So I will be honest and I can not yet tell what the salt is affecting for sure and or not and i will need more time to evaluate and then look back and make some connections.

KNow what I mean>>
I know you all do.

I am glad the articles helped. They helped me too..! Great.! Glad your tolerating it ok but still see and feel it is doing something..
Will keep in touch ... for sure.. and always looking for everyone elses comments too.

There was a couple people on here I think that said they would be doing this that I have not seen.. I wonder if they will be back..'We will see.. It helps for sure to hear from others.

Today is a good day and I am glad..
Funny that I say good. The word good for me is a 3 out of 5., When i say bad it is a 2 and horrible is a 1 and then 4 is great and 5 is like amazing like I have not felt in ages..

Its funny because when i say it i catch myself and think that others may think or relate that word to a normal person... And i am not near that yet.. but its a good day for me in comparison to my being sick on a level 1 or 2 and not so often 3 and rarely a 4 and never a 5...

Hope that makes sense.. I am sure it is hard to rate eachother or to know what eachother means as it is all relative to our own path and illness history etc.'

INCREMENT TIMING AND AMOUNTS

12-2-08
1/4 tsp total
1/8 am and 1/8 pm each of Salt and C

12-9-08
1/2 tsp total
1/4 am and 1/4 pm each of Salt and C

[ 12. December 2008, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: DebAz ]

DebAz
Unregistered

Hi fancy..

I also have blood pressure issues sometimes at the doctors office but then when i start double checking it like at the pharmacy or have it done at other times it is fine..

Same as you .. it goes up to like the most of 140 over 88 .. or something. and I go Gosh!!

Then when i research it I am just at around 128 over 78,

It is not usually low like some others on here but as well i am overweight and gained 60 lbs the first year i was sick and last year I dropped 10 of it finally.

Hoping that might be a good sign too and as well I started thryoid meds..

it all has to get back into balance and then I know it will come off. Diet and excercise are not enough and I have had a few months when I was doing somewhat better enough to walk or swim and really ate so well it was crazy and no weight comes off..

It is going to do it its own way.. and i can tell when i feel better my metabolism and all the hormones and all of me tries to start up like a dead car and sometimes I run for a few miles but I still die back out again.

I can not wait to take a long trip in the car and turn it off when i choose to.. (to sleep) LOL

Hope you got that analogy..

Deb

[ 09. December 2008, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: DebAz ]

glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi Fancy,

Yep, those little bumps can definitely be the parasites trying to escape the salt. That's what happened to me.

You might see little cuts appear. Don't be alarmed. The salt extracts infection just like if you soak an infected finger in salt.

They went up and back and finally came thru. It will be interesting to see what happens. Keep in touch,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

CHECK IN FOR DAY 9:

Hello. I am feeling very good today. i would say it is a 4 out of 5. Better than yesterday.. And I am on my period even!!!

Ok I am actually feeling like .. its a too good to be true day ecs after this weekend.. But here I am..

My pain level is down. My fatigue level is down. I felt good when I woke up and woke up early. .No problem. WOW WOW

I feel clear... I feel happy.. I feel like have more energy than normal and well... its a good feeling.

I am taking the salt c as indicated below. And started back up after a weekend break on Monday.

I will admit to seeing some stringy type things in the toilet yesterday and some other odd looking items that may be some of the things others say come out of them.. I assume the first ones to come out will be from the digestion directly...
Very interesting...

So anyway..> I am not sure again what to think or if this is directly related to the Salt C or not. I still need time to tell and I bet after about a month I will be able to make more conclusions.

I hate to jump or assume anything too quick.. There are many variables.. But then again. I have been on a certain road for months and this is the only change I have made recently..
So.. it must be it???

What do you think?

[ 12. December 2008, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: DebAz ]

DebAz
Unregistered

PS..

As well I do still feel good about taking my ABX as well that I take MWF.

.Before starting the salt I would feel quite ill the next day and I am seeing a short trend of the feeling that the Salt C is helping erradicate the toxnis and bacterias that the abx is trying to kill or does kill before they can be reabsorbed back into my gut or other organs like the liver and kidneys etc.

This is a proven fact by many doctors and they are always talking about ways to help make sure you are getting the toxins out of the body as opposed to them doing what they naturally would do and get absorbed back into our system..

I can sense that this is helping me based on how I feel the next day after the ABX now as opposed to weeks ago..

Just a comment and observation..

The reason or the connection may be from another part of the salt c therapy such as alkalinity or some other affect that the Salt C is doing to my body that helps with Detox or Herx reactions..

We will see in time..

So far>> Looking GOOD>>

And maybe this weekend was a Salt C Herx??? MAYBE>> just maybe it was.....

IT felt like my other herxes but even more like my herx when I and before I start my period..

But also there was an addded feeling in there overall as I could feel the salt in my system.
Interesting feeling. My blood felt different.

I could tell it was not the same as usual during this Herx.. Just that added feeling I had not felt before..

A bad herx.. plus this other feeling makes me think the Salt C has something to do with the Herx but not the only reason.

For now.

THANKS
DEB

glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi Deb,

That good feeling is probably from all the great minerals in the sea salt that our bodies so desperately need.

Also the salt is an alkalizer and a bacteriocide. Glad you're doing okay on the salt/c so far,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Stringy things huh? sounds like your stirring up the worms and chasing them out. That's really a good thing.

Better out than in I say., Keep going Deb, You are a trooper, gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are intentionally taking more than needed, NaCl = sodium chloride?

Do you have a dog?

Do you use Frontline on that dog to prevent lyme?

Do you know HOW the ingredients in Frontline work?

They block the chloride channels.

Salt DOES kill many OTHER pathogens. This is why we gargle with salt water when we have sore throats and why we salt meat to preserve it (other pathogens begin to turn it rancid).

The channel Bb upregulates is TRPM8. This is a Ca-Na channel.

Look at my photon transfer post (animation link from a neurology website). See what happens when photons enter the cell -> transducin -> Na-Ca channel CLOSES.

A primary infection with a dangerous pathogen that is depleting our nutrients often sets the stage for OTHER pathogens to invade and replicate (as seen often in HIV).

Which does indeed complicate the picture...a LOT.

What is the impact of Na-vitamin C (raising the pH ) on lactobacillus?

"Lactobacillus are able to live in highly acidic environments of pH 4-5 or lower."

Impact on yeast?

"Sodium chloride enhances the potential leavening ability of yeast in dough"

Leavening = CO2...

CO2 is great for lyme...

Lots to consider, think about and evaluate.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Here is what I know for sure from personal experience only. The salt/c is killing Lyme, babs, bart, parasites, worms, viruses, fungi and more.

It is the only thing that has really, really worked for me after 30 yrs of being sick. I am not making any claims for anyone else.

Marnie, appreciate your input, but this thread is for salt/c group reporting progress.

Would you mind moving your post to other salt/c thread that is for info purposes so we can stay on track here.

Thank you very much,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Reminder Everyone,

DRINK LOTS OF WATER Eat foods rich in potassium and magnesium like bannana, potatoes, leafy greens. Hope everyone is doing well,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

DebAz
Unregistered

Are the questions for me??

You are intentionally taking more than needed, NaCl = sodium chloride?

>???
And the dog and frontline questions.. I do not get it and where is that coming from??

DebAz
Unregistered

Update..

Well I took my salt c tonight.. And I actually like how i feel when I drink it. I have noticed it helps my digestion and as well i have been feeling more sleepy and able to fall asleep... a bit better.. Not cured my insomnia by any means.. But something I noticed.

And well.. I am feeling a clearing of sorts today that is nice..

I will leave it at that.

So.. I am not complaining nor am I having any side affects or reactions to be concerned about.

Deb

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

HI,

I was trying to figure out whose Marnie questions were for too. I do believe it's best for the other thread of information.

Thanks Gael and Deb for addressing me.

Yea, I think it was the doctros visit that elevated my blood pressure.

I tested it the past couple of days and it was `117/76. I'm so glad.

I've been in alot of head, neck, jaw pain the past couple days. That has nothing to do with the salt. Just what happens to me.

If my blood pressure stays down I'll up the salt.

Deb,

I know what you mean about the normal and range of feeling good or bad.

It's like I have a new normal that isn't anybody elses normal I know. Except for on lymenet.

Gael,

I was thinking it's so nice to have you here on this thread.

Your experience of being on this protocol for two years and your willingness to share is a comfort. Thank you.

Fancy

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

I wanted to add,

Like Deb, I drink about a gallon of water a day I'm always thirsty. Even before the salt. Actually since taking the salt I'm not as thirsty. It seems to satisfy me a bit.

Gael,

Thanks for the tip on the eating the greens. I had green beans and spinach salad last nite.

In the morning after I take the salt/c I sometimes feel like a burning tingling sensation around my jaw joint and jaw muscles.

I have TMJ/TMD my jaw muscles aren't able to keep my jaw in place as they should.

So I wear a nite and day device. I sure hope that means that the salt/C is knocking the hell out of those pestering little bugs [bonk]

After I take the Salt/C I instantly feel a subtle pulse of energy. I think I mentioned that before sorry if I did. It's pretty cool.

DebAz
Unregistered

Hi Fancy

I am glad to hear from you. that jaw stuff sounds painful .
I bet the salt is getting in there.. I sure hope so.

i too feel a burst of energy and like a claming clearing affect.
It is nice.

As well I have been afraid to really determine or say everything because i have seen some big improvements and i am a bit leary as to what is going on or if it is a temprorary thing.

I hope it is going to stay and build...

I had last weekend where I felt so horrible I thought ok. its my period.. and it is a herx from the abx .. or it is all and a flu bug in my stomach..
it also could have been a herx from the salt... as I did feel it building all week..

But this seems to be a bit simple already.. and maybe too good?
I felt better immediately in the first week and as the week went on by friday I crashed..

Then on Monday it cleared and I this week feel better and better.
less pain and fatgue and I actually am feeling normish... like at night I fell asleep at the computer.. Ok thats is a NEVER!

And my eyes are getting tired and I am falling alseep! Did you hear that?? LOL> that is amazing to me...

I do not know what to say but.. I thought I better say it.. It feels amazing. I slept like never before.

I got up and felt like I had slept. I do not know how to act today.

Is this going to continue?? Or are the herxes to come.??

Lets see. as well I wrote on the other post. i have doe a ton of detox stuff this year. I think i am a bit ahead of the game.. Maybe that will help limit the herxing or . I do not know. i am not sure.

LIke I said before. time will tell.

Been eating greens too and am on a kick of my own fresh made vegeable soup with some chick broth and a bit of chicken in there too.. I eat it every day and it is so cleansing to me too..

I eat no grains and no dairy ...
Only sometimes brown rice when i want my stir fry of fresh veggies i will top it on some brown rice.. But minimal.

And thats it.. fish and chicken breasts only on the meat side.

Anyway.. THANKS for the support and kind words.
Glad you are seeing some good things yourself and are feeling positive.

Deb

glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi Fancy,

Nice to hear from you and I am really glad i can be of some comfort to you while you are going thru this.

I would like to address the jaw pain/tmj. I had this very severe in 1983 and had to wear a bite guard.

Fast forward to this period of time. A few weeks ago I woke up and my jaw and gums were swollen.

I got scared at first and it dawned on me that the salt is trying to pull the infection out.(like when you soak your finger in salt water and it draws out the pus.)

I relaxed ate some yogurt, drank more salt/c and as the toxins were expelled thru the intestines and out into the toilet, the swelling in my gums went down and so did my jaw.(took about a week)

I also brush my teeth and gargle with Listerine. It contains antparasitic ingredients such as thymol. I highly recommend this, especially if you have jaw symptoms.

I can tell you first hand that the pain in the jaw is coming from parasitic worms. Even after 2yrs I had a bad herx pain as the infection was dying.

Hang in there and know that you will get rid of this infection even if some of the herxes get rough.

Just stop and listen to what your body is telling you. Take a break when you need it.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

Hope today brings more healing for everyone,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

I just want to add, that a lot of us are salt deficient and dehydrated.

There seems to be a correlation between these facts and infectious disease.

I think I sent Deb info on this, hopefully she received it and can post it for me.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Hi Deb,

That's exciting that you feel so good today. I'm sure it will continue all day!

I love your excitement. I could feel the positive energy through your post. That was pretty cool.

I know what you mean by being hesitant about saying anything about your improvements. I'm glad you did. It lifted me up.

I also relate to the ------"Is it a Herx? Is it the Lyme symptom? Or....Is me loosing my mind?" Sometimes I just don't know.

But since the salt/C, the fact that I have had some symptoms that I haven't felt in 4 to 5 years. At least not so often tells me it's doing somehing.

Plus the link you gave us on what people have felt with the salt/c.

I hope your day continues to be great! Gaels too!

Fancy

glm1111
Member # 16556

It finally dawned on me what Marnie was referring to about the frontline. Jamescase20 was talking about his experiments with his darkfield microscopy.

Deb, being the kind supportive person she is was sticking up for James who was geting bashed for his out of the box thinking. Marnie had the need to put her down for this.

I guess she(Marnie) was putting down the salt/c protocol in a sarcastic manner as well.

Really, why do people feel the need to this instead of focusing on their own healing? (just so ignorant)I will leave it at that. Just wanted to help clarify.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Thank you both for your kind words.

Hi Gael,

You and I must have been posting at the same time.

Thanks for sharing about your jaw pain/ tmj Interesting about the thymol.

I have a couple tubes of strong herbal toothpaste that I quit using a long time ago. I will locate and use them again.

I wanted to ask you and Deb about baths. I think I have heard both of you mention that you do detox baths. What exactly to you use?

And Gael, do I remember you saying you do clear water enemas?

If so may I ask why you don't don't do the Coffee? I also heard that some people do green tea enemas? May I have your opinion?

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Thanks Gael for clarifying Marnie.

Ahhh, too funny. I couldn't agree with you more!

quote:

Deb, being the kind supportive person she is was sticking up for James who was geting bashed for his out of the box thinking. Marnie had the need to put her down for this.
quote:

Wonderfully said Gael.

Fancy

glm1111
Member # 16556

Hey, Fancy,

I was doing clear water enemas. I just felt for me they were enough. I also didn't know how adding anything else to the enema was going to affect me and I was herxing enough.

I take showers, but I used to take baths. I think Deb is the bather.

I have heard people add epsom salt to their bath, but I would research this first because I think some people had bad herxes or reactions to this. Maybe not.

Don't forget the skin is the largest organ and absorbs everything. So check it out first. Hope everyone is having a really nice day.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Hi Guys,

I can't believe I still have internal vibrations.(herxing) I can feel the infections leaving daily tho.

Thank God for Salt/c,

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement