LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 25)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  57  58  59   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks KGG! I'm using musinex d however last night I think I tried to dive at the tail end of coverage so it might have been a timing thing. Wowser- it was an eye opener as to why we aren't supposed to dive with significant ear congestion. My ears just were not going to take it!

I am on the mend I think thankfully. Good question KGG as I read somewhere I think that some use decongestants to fly and dive- would love to hear Phoiph's thoughts on if it is okay.

Kah- I've always had sinus issues and honestly for nearly two months-I'm a newbie- no issues at all. It was a big concern for me initially. I think your doctor's recommendations sound very sound. A rental option may suit your needs if you'd like to test the waters or even pay to go use a system at a facility in your area if there is one. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well my ears have done. I'm pretty sure this is a cold- fairly standard. I am sure others will chime in.

Thanks, All! What a team!

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BryanRosner1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always had sinus congestion, prone to sinus infections, especially on my right side. I never experinece completely clear sinuses.

I've had about 12 dives now, and at first the minor ear discomfort especially on the right side, was very scary to me. However, I've now noticed that the discomfort quickly goes away when I get out of the chamber, and hasn't worsened over 12 dives, so I feel like it may be just fine.

I have been trying hard to do what I can -- not eat cheese, for example, and blow my nose and clear as much as I can.

Also, salt in the neti pot is good specifically because it creates an osmodic reaciton which draws out the mucus. Just be careful not to overdo it on any rinses, as they cause inflammation and irritation too.

I've also found taking Boswelia, Curcumin, and Tart Cherry before bed, really helps keep the inflammation down in the sinuses and keep things open.

It also helps for me to lay propped up in a certain position in the chamber - I can't emphasize this enough. Without the proper positioning, I don't think I could do it.

Lastly, I did have some ear pain one time that caused me to abort the dive. The litnus test for me is if I can hear popping in the ear. Popping = OK to dive. Means the ear is clearing.

I bought some ear drops with various ingredients and I'm holding those in reserve in case I need them. I also have Mucinex and some other items, also holding those in reserve and haven't used them yet.

I live at 6500 feet and my chamber takes me to the equivalent of about 2000 below sea level (on dry land, not under water of course). That's an 8000 drop in elevation.

The thing is, I regularly drive down to sea level, which is about 70% of what the dive pressure change is. Many people with sinus issues drive up and down mountains. So I think this is doable for us, even with sinus issues. It's not like the 2.4 ATA dives where there is EXTREME pressure change.

Finally.... I take it REALLY slow. I find taking about 20 to 25 minutes to compress, and same to decompress, really helps me. If I go too fast, my ear gets much worse. This is in line with my observation that people drive up and down from sea level all the time, but they do take it slow.

This does add to my overall time in the chamber, but oh well, it's worth it.

Posts: 123 | From Tahoe | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kah419 were you ever tested for MARCoNS? I was positive and after 30 days of antibiotic nose spray was much better in sinuses.

Here's a link. My LLND tested me with a huge Q tip swab up my nose.

http://dlmcharlie.wixsite.com/dlmmicro/marcons-testing

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for everyone that responded. Peimomma, I watched your videos.. LOVELY!

Theoretically and scientifically it makes sense... just our bodies all react so differently.

I love reading these posts though.

Thanks!!! If I decide this is the best option, I'll be in touch more. [Wink]

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BryanRosner1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peimomma, which antibiotic nose spray did you use?
Posts: 123 | From Tahoe | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interestingly enough- after three sinus infections last spring back to back(with abx and lyme getting up in arms as a result)- Dr. H's NP put me on MARCoNs spray from Infuserve as well as a herbal regimen for the regression. It worked! No more infections after that. It might be worth reaching out to Infuserve in Fla. Generally, my allergist here is not too keen on it- go figure- as he says there can be a lot of different compounded formulas. Glad Dr. H's office thinks bigger. I need them both so I just deal. Thanks for the great info Bryan and Peimomma!
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Bryan and Team Mhbot, I have a question re: netti pot or squeezie bottle nasal irrigation. I've never used a netti pot but I have used the squeeze bottle and I believe it may have forced infection deeper into my sinuses. I've purposely not done that this time but I have used xclear nasal spray- their regular bottle and some astelin. So far my ears are still clogged but I'm not getting the headaches behind my eyes etc like when I use the big hydrator. I wondered your thought on this having dealt with sinus issues as you've expressed as until my ears clear- I cannot dive. Thanks for any and all help.
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Does anyone think Afrin may unclog my ears? Promise that's it for today! Just don't want to venture into sinus infection land. [Frown]
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bryan

She put a script in for GERM spray through a compounding pharmacy to be used 2x per day.

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kah419
Member # 31572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kah419   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone for your replies.

willbeatthis….

that’s encouraging to hear you haven’t had trouble with sinuses while using mHBOT. My PCP has the Oxyhealth Vitaeris 320 and it’s $100/session. Thanks for the advice. I agree with you, that would be the best way to begin, at least for a month or so before deciding to rent/buy.

Bryan….

thank for the good info/advice. I didn’t realize too much saline rinse can increase inflammation. I only use the rinse 1x/day, plus GUNA homeopathic sinus spray 4x/day (anti-inflammatory/decongestant etc.) and this combination has been working well for me. How much saline do you think is too much?

Peimomma….

thank you for that link. I have heard of marcons and was concerned about the possibility once we realized we had mold in our home. My MSH was low at the time (=8) by Shoemaker standards. LLMD didn’t test me for marcons, just assumed I had it and put me on BEG-IB spray for few months before finally sending me to ENT when BEG spray wasn’t helping.

Turns out it didn’t help because I had a deep, severe frontal sinus infection on both sides that no topical treatment could reach because of extensive scar tissue from prior sinus surgery.

ENT did surgery and removed the infection, said it was mostly fungal plus some bacteria that wasn’t too antibiotic resistant. Treated with anti-fungal/bacterial nasal rinses post-surgery to be safe. I improved after surgery, but even more once mold remediation was complete. Hoping my current sinus treatment keeps on working and I won’t have any more major sinus issues.

Posts: 26 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Willbeatthis, I have used Afrin spray in the past. It would make sense that if your sinuses are not congested that it may help your ears. But not sure. As it says on the bottle (or used to), do not use more than 3 days in a row. The reason being that the mucous membranes lining the nasal cavity get used to it and when you discontinue it causes some major rebound. Then you are back to square one.
Posts: 1689 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Willbeatthis

I would stay away from Afrin for any prolong use of more than the recommended use as there are many side effects. When I met my husband he was using Afrin as a way to decongest at night but ended up with nose bleeds due to side effects.

I use homeopathic Cold Calm if I feel any cold symptoms coming on or essential oil daily to prevent colds and flu. Working in a hospital now I come into contact with sick co workers or patients daily and I have stayed healthy.

Take time to let your ears unclog, it took my husband 3 days to unclog after his first dive. The one time I was sick I just tested each day in the chamber if I was able to pressurize. Once the pain and squeaking noise was gone from my ears I was fine. I'd have to check my journal but it was 3-5 days I was unable to dive.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/217022-afrin-nasal-spray-ingredients/

BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

So continuing on the topic of ears...

Today in my dive, my ears seemed to pressurize just fine. No ear pain on the ear drum.

BUT, I did have little sharp shooting paints around my ears, maybe an inch below and an inch around, kind of on the bony area of skull. I think this is where the equalization crystals are.

And sadly, I also experienced some vertigo which is still lingering even after I'm out.

Strangely, my actual ears and ear drums felt fine, no pain or pressure.

Any advice, anyone?

I may be a bit more congested than usual, so that could be the culprit...

BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

KAH - I'm not sure exactly how much saline is too much. It's a balance and you want to avoid irritation and inflammation.

Pei - What exactly is GERM spray? What is the ingredients? Is that the official name of it?

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

You all are the best. I tried again today and again it was a no go. I had a very pointed pain in my right ear that only went away with decompression so it appears I can't dive with any congestion in my ears. I like your litmus test Bryan- I wasn't able to pop or clear that ear.

As soon as I'm feeling better I will call infuserve for you to see what was in my spray.

Peimomma and Kgg- thanks for the Afrin words of wisdom and support. I just hate having to stop so soon in but don't want to be stupid and end up out longer due to hurting my ear. I'm using essential oils too. I keep thieves oil in a diffuser when I see clients and use something called Cold Snap- and I feel like these things have kept me from really getting sick- Zicam too. Hugs Team!

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Hi all,

We received our O2 tester today and at our elevation of 1600 ft and it set for our humidity and temperature today the O2 level was 94.5% from the concentrator. Tomorrow I will test ambient air inside after pressurized and then what the mask is also.

Bryan I will have to dig further into my records for more info on the GERM spray. While doing research I did run across this info on the BEG spray for MARCoNS
http://www.woodlandhillspharmacy.com/compounds/biotoxin/beg-ib-nasal-spray/

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88...

You asked how often I currently use my chamber.

For the first 2-1/2 years, I dove daily. Although I thought I was doing very well at 1-1/2 years, I noticed significant improvements between 1-1/2 and 2-1/2 years.

After 2-1/2 years, I reduced my dives to 3-4/week, consecutively.

I started diving in 2011, and have done over 1500 dives to date. There have been times (after the 2-1/2 year point) that I was without my chamber for up to 6 weeks in a row, and had no symptoms of regression or relapse.

kah419...

Oxygen can be drying to the sinus tissues for some. There is a humidifier bottle available for the oxygen concentrator you could try if this becomes an issue.

Regarding ear/sinus congestion...I suggest researching acupressure points and massage/manipulation for both...

Posts: 1887 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bryan, I agree with Phioph about acupressure points. I was going to call them trigger points. If you look up the trigger points ears, I believe you will be able to see an illustration.

http://www.triggerpoints.net/muscle/masseter

http://www.triggerpoints.net/muscle/sternocleidomastoid

Posts: 1689 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Willbeatthis, hang in there. So glad you decompressed when you had pain in your ear. Just a caution if you are using the Zicam nose spray. I have read accounts of people losing their sense of smell by using the spray. The oral Zicam does not do that but the spray may. Just a heads up.

I hope this sinus issue resolves quickly for you!

kgg
Member # 5867

BTW, I have lost track of who has mentioned an increase in appetite, but DITTO!! I thought it was cabin fever as I have not experienced this before with mHBO. I have felt very hungry for a few weeks now. I am hoping it passes soon before I require larger clothing. ;-)
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

I did a dive today and my ears seemed fine, I'm glad about that.

I will say though that the Respiro chamber is a bit too small for me. I really like to move around and be more upright. The Vitaeris isn't much bigger, and it is also very expensive.

Can people please weigh in on which OTHER brands, other than Oxyhealth, they use? Any testimonials? I was looking at maybe a Summit to Sea "Dive."

Thoughts?

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Bryan I know there are people in the mHBOT group that have various brands, you might want to post there as well.

On another note, I learned that my employer will only require the flu vaccine. My question is has anyone received that vaccine and did you have any reactions?

Any thoughts from others?

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi KGG- That's me- hungry, hangry at times girl! Yes, I'm slightly concerned about clothes too.

Bryan-sorry the Respiro isn't as big as you'd hoped. Pei's suggestions were good I thought.

I'm diving now- yay! Did a very long compression and will do a long decompression. Thanks for everyone's encouragement! When you can't dive this soon in its a little disheartening as you don't want to lose ground. Thanks for the support!

Oh, and KGG- thanks for the info on the zicam nose spray. I only use the meltaway lozenges. That is good to know. The nose spray I use is xclear and then pantenase (non steriod script). So far so good!

So thankful to have been out only 3 days. I hope I can stay in!

Bryan - I'm pretty sure there is a chamber you can sit up in. I wonder if it would be easier on ears as well. I think it's summit to sea- I saw one on Ebay I believe.
Are you seeing relief of your leg pain? I sure hope so!

Pei- I don't know much about the flu vaccine. Perhaps others can weigh in. So happy for your victory!

kgg
Member # 5867

I would avoid the Summit to Sea brand. I have read many comments of users where the seams are not very secure and give. Multiple times, I have read or heard this.

There is a Canadian company that I would consider when my Vitaeris bites the dust. Jean-Francois Tremblay sells them. He is on the FB group. OxyNova.com Within the last year he posted that they now can ship into the US. Talk with Phioph about them. I value her opinion. They also developed an interesting product using a cooler to reduce the temperature in the chambers during the summer. My son hates being hot, so if he ever starts using the chamber regularly, I am going to get one.

Have you looked for used Vitaeris chambers?

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try https://oxynova.ca for the OxyNova website. I didn't know that they are shipping to the U.S. That's great news.

I love my Vitaeris but would like to have a comparable option. I agree with kgg that the Summit to Sea is not as well made.

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Oxynova looks great but is even more expensive than oxyhealth!!

Any other brand possibilities?

BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

For those with a vitaeris, can you sit upright in it?
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Is the price you looked at for Oxynova in CAD or US dollars?

You can message the owner directly on FB and he is very good at answering any questions

I have been in a Vitaris and I can sit upright but I'm only 5'3

BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

It is CAD bout still just as expensive as OxyHealth in USD.

Can you let me know the contact info of the owner on FB?

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

I tagged you in one of your posts on FB with his name Bryan
kgg
Member # 5867

I cannot sit straight up. My head would be slightly bent. I am 5'1". I think oxynova has one size larger than the Vitaeris.

We use a fairly large wedge pillow in our chamber. It makes it more comfortable than lying flat. Especially if we are reading or on the lap top.

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bryan, I'm 5'8" and I can't sit up without bending my head over. But like kgg I use a large wedge pillow and a round bolster for under my knees. It is very comfortable.

FWIW, it is big enough that I can also do some simple stretches. I can even do push ups in it.

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bryan. Yes you can sit up in Vitaerus. Look at Newtowne though. One of the Lyme doctor's uses. You will. E able to sell your Respiro and get a new Newtowne. Oxyhealth still the best but I have read good things on Newtowne.
Posts: 99 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

I had forgotten about Newtowne. Thanks for the reminder.
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

So I should stay away from summit to sea, but newtowne is good?
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Bryan I located the ingredients in the GERM spray I was given but can't post the pic here so I will post in the FB group. It's the actual receipt from the purchase.
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Honestly, Bryan, I'd get with Phoiph on this as I believe she's seen it all so to speak. Hi Phoiph- thanks for all you do!!

Just a small update- back diving again. Seems to help clear congestion thankfully. So maybe with the inflammation reduction among other things it may be a good thing for sinus suffers. Definitely taking much time to compress and decompress is advised!

Pei- Have you used that spray more than that one time? I'm getting with Infuserve this week- as the compounded spray I was prescribed really did the trick last year and I want to have it at the ready if I need it again. [Smile] Thanks all and KGG and Digby hope you both are great too!

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Willbeatthis

I only had to do the spray the one time. It is only good for 30 days and must be refrigerated. We retested and I came back negative after the 30 day GERM use.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Willbeatthis...glad to hear you're able to dive again...

Thanks...Bryan has already contacted me, but I think he's trying to get a variety of opinions from the group.

I still recommend Oxyhealth chambers, as they have been around the longest and have the best "track record", etc.

That said, I have been carefully watching Newtowne as an alternative, as they are generally less expensive, and cost is the biggest obstacle for people trying to access chambers. So far, so good, but I am giving it a little more time before I commit.

OxyNova makes high quality chambers, but also higher priced.

I personally would not recommend the other manufacturer mentioned due to a history of issues, (especially not the upright model), although I have heard positive comments about their customer service.

Generally, it comes down to affordability...but I personally would put quality, age, and condition before size.

Posts: 1887 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Just for the record, I'm not trying to be a picky unsatisfied pain in the butt when it comes to wanting a bigger chamber. My ears equalize much better when I'm in an upright position, and in the Respiro, it is really injuring my shoulders to be shuffling back and forth between the cobra position and other positions to try to remain upright. I think I'd have a much more peaceful time in a chamber that I can sit upright in. Other than this, I have no qualms at all about a small chamber. And yes, Phoiph's advice has been invaluable, but she is right in that I was also just curious to hear others' experiences with various brands.
kgg
Member # 5867

Bryan, I don't think anyone thinks you are a picky unsatisfied pain in the butt. We all get it.
kgg
Member # 5867

Willbeatthis, (I love that name!) Yay, on getting back in the chamber!!
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Kgg & Bryan...

Agreed...my comment about putting size last was only when it comes down to affordability.

Size is important for those who need (or want) it and their finances don't preclude them from getting a larger chamber.

jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 2 older Oxyhealth that I just had refurbished at $1,000 each. Fortunately I only paid $5K each for the Vitaerus. The only reason I mentioned Newtowne is affordability. They will give a military discount to if you have ever had anybody like father, grandfather etc. I think the cost for military discount chamber is about $5,500. They will also send you a sample of the materials they are made out of. They are not an Oxyhealth but if you are cost constrained they are at least worth looking at. It does give me solace that a well known lyme doctor that posts on the web uses them.
Posts: 99 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Regarding oxy nova --

Their chambers and website do look very good and professional. However, appearances can be deceiving. Has anyone actually used one? How do we know they are premium quality?

Interstingly, some of the Oxy Nova chambers go to 5.7 psi instead of 4.2 psi. Wonder if this would be useful.

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

This is one great team! Thanks Peimomma on the GERM spray info. I used mine a month too and am calling Infuserve in the am as I am going into another infection and I can feel it. So I'm gonna see if my allergist will bite and give me it with whatever else. I honestly cannot lose any more time from work etc right now. Funny how you get to a bring on the drugs mindset when you know you need them.

Thanks KGG on the encouragement!

Bryan- as KGG says- we get it! I hope you find what you need. What is funny is that I have a Solace and don't think I'd want bigger as it is somewhat of a struggle for me to zip it up. I'm kind of small. You really don't know to some degree what you need until you are in one. You'll find what you need. You're on your way there. Very interesting on the higher PSI- look forward to hearing about that!

Dive on team! Thanks as always for the round table here- appreciate it much! [Smile]

BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

willbeatthis, FYI, I think the BIGGER chambers are actually easier to zip. From my understanding.
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Really- goodness knows.... this is very interesting because for me, it is a real struggle. Not a deal breaker but possibly close. And, if I could equalize my ears better.... well goodness, please keep me posted.

Just found this from Infuserve America: RE: MARCoNS spray. Thought you may want it.

https://infuserveamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Rx-order-form-web.pdf

It is down at the bottom (ingredients)! Fingers crossed my doc tomorrow will be open minded. I have this to take to him. This may be good for anyone else that deals with repeat sinus infections. FYI- at least, worth looking into!

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hey PEIMomma- Can you compare your spray to what is listed for MARCoNS here:

Per Infuserve America:
MARCoNS Spray
Gentamycin/Bactroban/EDTA/Diflucan/Cipro Nasal
(.1%, .2%, .1%, .2%) Please see link as I tried to list it just as I see it- but there are 5 ingredients but only 4 percentages listed. Maybe this is all that is needed. Anyway, this stuff really did the trick for me after three back to back sinus infections. Hopefully if I get it to begin with, I can head anything else off.

Thanks ALL! Amy

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Just an FYI on this MARCoNS spray- my local doc here was concerned because he said there are different formulations of it (didn't have this info. with me last time)-- so in essence, I was curious PEImomma if yours was the same. Definitely at your convenience. I know you are so busy these days. Any word on Flu vaccine and lyme... I have been thinking of you! [Smile]
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Willbeatthis

The GERM spray has Rifampin, EDTA, Gentamicin and Mupirocin

No resolution on the Flu vaccine. I'm definitely not taking it so just waiting to hear the decision. Balls in their court😊

[ 03-28-2017, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: Peimomma ]

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Interesting. Now I see what my local doc meant.

Lyme vaccine- Peimomma- I thought you said flu vaccine. You couldn't pay me millions to take a lyme vaccine- nope, would NEVER do it.

Please tell me you meant flu. Goodness, I hope so! And I don't even know if that's advised for chronic lyme. Keep me posted! I'm praying! Hugs!

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Sorry, yes flu....I made an edit.

My head wasn't in it last night when writing.

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Whew! Thought so! Hugs Peimomma! [Smile]
jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Isn't gentamicon the one that can cause hearing problems.
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Looking for personal experiences - has anyone had heart or chest pain issues exacerbated wirh Hbot? It's definitely a herx for me, not some underlying heart issue. I've had it before. But it's still scary and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this and pushed through.
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi JCarl- yes, Gentamicin can cause ear issues and exactly why my local doc said NO GO. I only used it last year after 3 back to back sinus infections with three different abx used and then significant regression with my lyme. I know my nurse prac. made the right call for me but of course, this needs to be discussed with your doctor as with any medical treatment.

Bryan, I am so sorry to hear this. On page 23, Kristine001 and Monti detail issues with pvcs I believe. Please read. One or both have gone on monitors I think. Girls, would you chime in please.

Thank you... and Bryan, Godspeed with this piece!

BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

A few interesting things I've heard. Dr. H, who's treated over 12,000 Lyme patients, says that he's personally seen HBOT reactivate Babesia. He told me this in an email today. FYI. I'm still finding the HBOT to be well worth it, though.

Also, the gentleman who I believe told Phoiph about HBOT years ago, and who she credits for saving her life, has told me that he does believe it is OK to "stack" HBOT with other therapies, of course being forewarned that HBOT can potentiate and change how the body responds to therapies.

I'm not personally taking any stance on the above points, and I'm not trying to start a debate, just thought it would be interesting to point out these two items.

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would agree that the oxygen does not seem to help protozoan or parasitic disease. I choose to treat that in addition to HBOT.

I think the hope is that the body will get stronger and take down whatever has not been hit by HBOT.

Thanks for sharing the information ... very good to know.

How are you feeling?

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Haley, the HBOT is definitely helping me and my foot. There's no question about it. Been about 14 dives now.

I do have a nasty mercury stir up about once every year or two. It used to be much more often, but chelation with the Andy Cutler method has knocked it back to being very infrequent. So I'm dealing with one of those right now. But other than that, I'm becoming a believer in the chamber!

I'll prepare a more detailed update over the coming weeks.

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!!!!
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi Bryan and Haley! Haley I always love to see your posts!
Did your sickness from the ocean resolve? I've been thinking of you.

Bryan, that is great to hear your chamber is helping you. I'm going to get Cutler's book. I'm sorry you're going through that piece.

Dr. H is so wonderful. Thankfully in my case, no babesia flare. I just talked with JF via phone consult and we want to give this 9 months or so. I do know that compared to my hours of rife- Dr. H was much more supportive of trying this.

Bryan, do you ever worry about emfs with rife? That seemed to be his biggest concern. Until I can wean off - I'm at about 3 hrs a day.

Haley, I'm using rife for parasite stuff when I need it- I have someone that zyto scans me so I'm able to know what needs addressing. What do you use for these other pieces? I also have a zapper I use daily for parasites. Goodness knows 10 years ago prelyme- I had a lot of free time on my hands. The zapper tends to keep parasites fairly at bay.

Good to hear great reports! I'm relieved for you, Bryan!

BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

EMF is a concern. 3 hours per day is a lot. I tend to find when someone is using the rife devices that long, there may be other therapies out there that are better targeted. In other words, that much time means the rife isn't working very well or targeting very well. Rife for borrelia shouldn't take more than about 1 to 2 sessions per week. For co-infections, it may need to be used more often, but may not be the most efficient approach.

I know Dr. H isn't a big fan of rife, he's told me that before. I respect his opinion. Rife has been the primary therapy, though, which brought me out of my deathbed and back to a normal life.

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks, Bryan, for your response. I agree with you that Dr. H is not a big rife fan. Though I will tell you, I think it did a similar thing for me in terms of marked effect.

I agree totally that something is not working with it, thus, I landed here. I think it might be time to back off as I had planned to do. I'm really glad it helped you as much as it did. You make a strong point- I'm going to go to hitting lyme 1-2 times a week and confections daily and then back off there. Phoiph, hopefully this sounds like a good plan to you as well.

I sure appreciate the round table here, it is invaluable.

Bryan, have you had any luck with bigger chambers? So happy for your success! Thanks for your insight here as well. Much appreciated!

Kristine, KGG, Peimomma, Digby, Et al- How is everyone?

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appear to be responding more to babesia medication now that I stopped hyperbaric.

I hate that it isn't working for me!! [Frown] I like diving!

My Dr. agreed though that it is probably best to quit the chamber too. He didn't out right say it, but I got the distinct feeling he didn't act like it was totally off the wall to think hyperbaric might be somehow keeping the treatment from working!

He thinks maybe later after the babesia infection is better I could go back on it. But if my weird head would clear on babesia meds... I might be scared to try hyperbaric again!

I will keep you posted as to what happens next. If I continue to respond to medication, It would really appear that the chamber was doing something negative in my case. HOWEVER...

There have been a few slight variations in my other treatment. I just somehow don't feel as though that is what has caused the change though.

Now one of my friends is trying it! She is having trouble with her ears too, so I am not sure if she can do it or not! It will be interesting to see how she responds to it.

Thanks Bryan for passed on info from Dr. H. I found it helpful.

Thank you Phoiph for your support in my case as well! You really are wonderful! [Smile]

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reminder
Member # 48228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reminder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnesium has helped the heart symptoms....120 days off meds and my gut feels like it's trying to function again.

Less joint pain.

Brain fog (slowly) getting better.

Some strength is back.

Depression has settled down.

PVCs....Cardiologist says my heart is strong enough...did offer a beta blocker at one point and I refused.....sensations not as bad...when compared to just under one year of diving.
Keep in mind I started Very slow due to some intense reactions (was on 4 different meds at the time).

Today is my Birthday...the calls and well wishes are far and few between (due to a secluded life for a few years).

Phioph has helped me tremendously and I am thankful I discovered this therapy....it may have saved my life.

Less is more strategy seems to be working for me (fingers crossed)....if the light Babesia symptoms are still around in a few months then I will add a very light herbal remedy.

I still can't believe that I now look foward to my daily dives).When I first started I p!ssed and moaned about doing so......until some of the original nasty symptoms started to retract.

My mind is trying to clear....apologies for the jumbled post.

Been reading these posts and just inspired by the will power of a group in a situation......trying to find answers.

My next Birthday I plan on being well....90-100% well)

Warm Regards

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

Posts: 36 | From Florida | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Happy Birthday and congrats on the continued progress Reminder🎂🎁🎈🎉

It is a long road to recovery as I am still experiencing even though I'm back to work.

I was reminded this week how much my body still has to heal when I received a few of my labs back. I am happy to say that my CD57 has climbed to 40 from 26 a year ago but I must confess I was disappointed 😞 HHV6 is still positive and maybe someone knows if that will ever go negative? I'm waiting for the C4a still, had to redraw it this week.

My coinfection still negative and I'm still diving daily and working full time.

I posted that I was going to the NASCAR race a few weeks ago, I only lasted 90 minutes at the race. It was 98 degrees and we were in the sun, the noise was out of this world loud and the smell of tires and engine fluids rounded out the perfect trifecta for this girl. It's taken about a week of rest to normalize and feel better.

Work is still going great and my body is holding up with the 10 days. I'm still sorting out my feelings of disappointment over the labs. Part of the frustration is I know I've had Lyme for 27 years so how much damage was done in those years is hard to tell and how much is permanent? The lingering question for me is will I have to dive everyday so that I can work? I plan to retest my labs again after a year of working to see if my numbers have improved, decreased or stayed the same with the stress of the 10 hour days plus living a life.

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Yes, Happy Birthday, Reminder! I am extra happy for your gains!

Foxy- I am glad to hear you are responding to your current treatment. Lyme and Co.s are so tricky- what you need a year from now may be different. I think we have to be flexible- gosh, I've learned that!

Peimomma- look at the strides you've made in two years! They are incredible! You are working 10 hour days with commute and exercise. I think it may take time for your blood work to catch up- there is so much we don't know, I think celebrating your gains is so important. I believe Phoiph dives 3to4 days in a row every week to date(hope I read that correctly). I think that's a great goal to work toward. I think right now you have to remember you've gone through a move, working 10 hour days and maintaining a full life. It makes sense to me you may need extra support.

Phoiph-just a quick update. Feel like I'm making some progress despite being sick of late. I'm not going to change anything right yet and I will be in touch with you before I do. Thank you for your tireless efforts on behalf of us all. Praying for your family-

Thanks, Bryan, too for your contribution and help.

I appreciate you all! Dive on!

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could anyone tell me the dangers of oxygen toxicity? Is that possible with mHBOT?

What are the signs?

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments [Smile] . It is great to read all of the updates!

Bryan...You mentioned that Dr. H has "personally seen HBOT reactivate Babesia."

Do you have any more information that would help us understand the context in which he was speaking?

For example, is he talking about HBOT only, or also including mHBOT in this observation? What protocols were these patients doing? Were there competing or interfering therapies involved? Could the "reactivation" symptoms/flare have been a sign that the immune system was actually starting to fight the infections?

FoxyLoxy...I wish you all the best, and do hope you continue to keep mHBOT in mind. If you find you want to return to it, I would be happy to help. Maybe together we can sort out some of the variables...

reminder...Happy Birthday! The best is yet to come...

Peimomma...hmmmm...let's see...you went from very ill to working full time, exercising daily, traveling via motorcycle, moving out of state, tolerating 90 minutes of direct sun and 98 degree heat with deafening noise levels and toxic air, have an improved CD57, a negative co-infection result, and you're feeling disappointed? Your progress is amazing!

I believe you will reach a point where you will not "need" to dive every day to maintain your lifestyle. But...there is an "energy in, energy out" equation that you have to consider. You are living a very full life and putting out A LOT of energy...and since you are still healing, you will need to provide ample time for restoration.

Right now, you might be breaking even, but you don't want to push too hard and fall back at this relatively early stage. If you find yourself becoming mentally tired/down, this may be a first sign that you're stressing yourself a little too much, and need to take time to recharge your batteries.

willbeatthis...glad you're doing a little better. Thanks for all of the encouragement and support you offer here.

HW88...Susceptibility to oxygen toxicity varies among individuals and can vary even in the same individual from day to day (as evidenced in scuba diving). That said, if you are only doing 1 hour of mild pressure with 02 from a concentrator per day while resting in a chamber, it is unlikely that this dose would result in oxygen toxicity.

Are you having concerns?

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, Phoiph, I definitely am still keeping mHBOT in mind. [Smile] And YES, I may just bug you again about it one day!

But as long as I think I see improvement without it, I probably won't. I haven't seen substantial improvement in six years, so this would be pretty momentous for me, if I keep improving...(always big IF, right?)

I was really, really hoping it could be a therapy that I could do the rest of my life (or at least a long time) to keep Lyme away... and maybe it still can be. I shall have to see!

I will still lurk around on this thread though. I am curious to see how others will respond and think it is still a GREAT therapy!!!!

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks phoiph,

I am just trying to do all my homework and covering benefits/risks--which everything has.

I would actually really like to try it, but not quite sure how to get started without paying 10K for something that may or may not be the right therapy for me.

peimomma, I would go with how you feel... and from what it seems, you feel great. I doubt we can rid EVERYthing in our bodies. You are one that gives me hope that someday I'll have my full life back.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

HW88...

I can help you with getting started. There are options other than buying outright, such as renting, and renting to own, etc., or group sharing.

You can PM me...

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Peimomma.... I second HW88. I am not sure we can rid our body of everything either... Thanks for being an inspiration to us all.

HW88- I would be happy to talk to you as well about how I proceeded through this. You can message me as well. I would say I am beginning to get really good results now... It is still early yet but I had similar concerns as you did. Phoiph is WONDERFUL and a godsend of a resource. She will walk you through everything. If I can answer any questions, of course, I would be happy to as well. I believe Bryan and I are both the most recent folks to take the dive (LOVE that).

Foxy, I pray your treatment will continue to move in the right direction and your support here is always welcome. You're a kindheart... it is obvious!

Haley, I am always thinking of you and wondering how you are doing. Any updates?

Kristine and KGG? How goes it?

Phoiph.... WE THANK YOU! [Smile]

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

phoiph, I PM'd you a couple days ago. I was waiting for you to respond. Let me go look at my PMs and see if it actually sent.
  This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  57  58  59   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement