LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 51)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  57  58  59   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles, that is wonderful that you were able to survive your milder case of Covid. You must be very grateful.

Digby, so sorry that chelation has set you back like that. We all try so hard to get well and sometimes regret some of our choices. I know for me, it has been a rocky journey as well. mHBOT has been so far, the best thing I have done. But I know I still have a way to go.

To everyone here, I am just curious... I started to watch some of the latest Lyme Summit 4 and listened to an interview with well known LLMD, Dr. S on the first day, who said that ATA of 1.3 is not high enough to kill all lyme germs in the body. I believe he stated that you must use a higher atmospheric pressure of 2.4 or more.

I am pretty sure from my following this MHBOT thread, that there are some here who have completely recovered, but needed to do daily dives at 1.3 atmospheres for 2 or more years.

I can try to look up your stories, but it would be so helpful to hear from some of those people to keep us hopeful. Phoiph, thank you in advance!

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dbpei, I am cynical. So please forgive me if I sound sarcastic. But Dr S says that because that is what he has in his office for his business!! There is another doc in MD or PA, can't remember which, who recommends mild units for his patients.

Meanwhile, I like you, feel that mHBOT is the best thing I have done for my health and to recover from Lyme. And most importantly, the improvement has been lasting. I still do maintenance dives as I have had Lyme most of my life. But I would not be without my chamber! I will be forever grateful to Phioph for changing my mind about selling my chamber and giving mHBOT a concentrated try. Her support was invaluable. This treatment changed my life.

Posts: 1688 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting take, kgg. I appreciate it and tend to agree with you. I am so happy to hear about the progress you have made. I'm also very grateful for Phoiph's part in all of this and helping so many of us.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you both so much for the kind words. I would like to extend that sentiment to everyone here on the site who offers their invaluable experience and advice, as it "takes a village"!

dbpei,

Think of it as a difference in philosophy.

Thankfully, we are not trying to kill all of the "germs" in our body; that is not our goal. (BTW, we have more bacteria in our body than our own cells!)

Our goal is to regulate and restore our body's ability to fight harmful pathogens and restore health. This is what mHBOT does so well.

If "bug killing" worked so well for CHRONIC Lyme, then everyone would already be well via antibiotics.

Unfortunately, IMO, until this antiquated "must kill the bugs" philosophy evolves, many people will continue to search and struggle.

Posts: 1887 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Digby

My question was knowing what you know now about the chelation protocol that you were on would you modify it just not do it at all or try something completely different? Thanks
Kgg
Can you tell me what your maintenance regime with mHBOT is like
Thanks

Posts: 261 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dbpei:
Charles, that is wonderful that you were able to survive your milder case of Covid. You must be very grateful.

No, not grateful.

I don't think the virus is a serious threat.

The fatality rate looks like it will settle at around 1% or 1.5%.

Public Health officials made a bad gamble, early on, based on Italy's struggles (which said more about Italy than anything else). And once they made that decision, they were married to it.

They were never going say "we were wrong."

The presidential election is the other major factor. The virus has become a useful political tool.

Posts: 146 | From Virginia | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homina, I did three dives this past week. The last time I had been in the chamber was March. So I go by how I am feeling. Initially, after I had finished 2 years + a few months of daily diving, I would dive a few days and take a few days off. I think my first long stretch of not diving was 3 weeks. But as time went on I got busy with life and found I did not dive as often. Now I dive when my fatigue gets more than just the business of summer.
Posts: 1688 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Kgg since you are not diving regularly are any symptoms coming back? would you say you are 100
% recovered or a lesser?

Another question to all of you
Do any of you have problems with weak or exhausted adrenals if so what do you do about it?
Thanks

Posts: 261 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Yes, I have symptoms return. Mostly the fatigue. But my tick bites were when I was 10. I was not diagnosed until I was 45. Cure, it not in my vocabulary. It also helps with aging. So where I am at in life, I will be hanging onto my chamber. =)
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks Kgg A couple Lyme doc I heard interviewed said the same as you... total eradication is not realistic. That is sad and I hope they are wrong.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homina,

As I mentioned above, total eradiation is not the goal; it doesn't have to be to have good health and be symptom-free.

Just because we may carry a potential pathogen in our bodies, doesn't mean we have the disease. Many people live their whole lives carrying Lyme without ever knowing or having symptoms.

Conversely, if you do have chronic Lyme Disease, even if you were able to rid yourself of every last Lyme bacteria, unless you address the ongoing immuno-inflammatory response, you will likely still have symptoms.

Posts: 1887 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

kgg~

Great to hear how well you're doing!

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

I am wondering if any of you have increased need of b12 and iron because of Lyme and Co infections ?

Thanks

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbokitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homina~

I recently discovered that adding B12 in the form of methyl B12 made a huge positive difference in my energy levels. I had been taking a methylfolate and methyl B12 supplement for 2 years, but the amounts of each were really low. The company stopped making the product, wo I searched around for something similar (by the same company) and purchased a B-complex, also in the methyl form. Immediate energy boost and feelings of well-being.

However, methyl groups are not for the faint of heart. Those feeling lasted about a week. Then I started feeling really angry (not normal for me). I learned that that can happen with excess "methylation". One of the key remedies for that is to take the nicotinic acid form of B3 (niacin) (but nicinamide form won't work ~ and for me actually compounded the problem). Once I took a very small amount of nicotinic acid, all that uncomfortable feeling of anger went away.

I know. It's sort of complicated. And a little tricky. But the result is that I have energy and stamina that I haven't experienced in years and I'm very grateful for that. Despite the car accident and injuries in January, I've been able to push myself, do my PT exercises and become more active (walking/biking/kayaking) without the crashes in energy of the past.

Why methylated form? 45% of the population has a gene mutation called MTHFR. (I am in that group) and don't process the non-methyl form and don't really get the benefit from non-methyl folate and B12.

Why did I wait so long? I thought I was getting plenty of B12. I was taking a supplement (it turns out it only had a tiny amount of B12 and folate) and I eat paleo=plenty of B12 in protein-so I thought I was covered. I guess not. Game changer.

Hope that helps.

Hope everyone stays well and safe.
Carbokitty

Posts: 118 | From WI | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks Carbo
What brand of B complex and nicotinic acid did you use?

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbokitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dual Health niacin powder Vit B3 + Biotics Research Bio-B complex.

Carbo

Posts: 118 | From WI | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Dual Health niacin powder Vit B3 + Biotics Research Bio-B complex.

Carbo

Phoiph
Member # 41238

More info on benefits of HBOT for Covid19:

https://carolinefifemd.com/2020/08/11/hbot-for-covid-19-respiratory-distress-see-article-in-uhm-ahead-of-print/

dbpei
Member # 33574

Thanks for this study, Phoiph. It is encouraging and once again, makes me happy I have my chamber during these challenging times.
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Hello All

I found a Dr Rawls discussion of sleep and the nature of Lyme and Co infections very helpful I listened several times

I can't post the link here but private message me for the link

Thanks

dbpei
Member # 33574

I also saw that and found it to have a lot of good information. I have been trying a few of his suggestions to improve sleep. It is still a work in progress these days!
Red101
Member # 52188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to all for their hard working creating this impressive thread on mHBOT. I have yet to read it all. I only just read the first page! Whew. A lot!

So I'm 90 dives into my treatment for ME/CFS and Chronic Lyme. I have a question about decompressing from my 34 inch Newtowne. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I know most on my mHBOT Facebook group like to decompress after a dive by opening the valve, while still leaving the compressor running. I find this method of decompressing very noisy and stressful. I'd much rather do it my nice and calm way, which is just leaving the valve alone (not opening it) and instead simply turning off the compressor with my remote (on/off) switch. The compressed air slowly exits the chamber. Takes about 10 minutes.

Is there a health reason I can't decompress this nice and calm way?

Thanks to all here for all you do to help this community!

Posts: 8 | From Boston | Registered: Aug 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for S13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you stay in the chamber for too long while the pump isnt running, you might not get enough oxygen. If you also use an oxygen concentrator that obviously doesnt matter.

I dont use a concentrator, but when i want to exit i switch of the pump remotely and then open the valve to its first setting (slowest). Takes about 2-3 minutes to fully decompress. For that amount of time there is more than enough oxygen in the tank (and then there is the excess oxygen leaving your body as well).

However, 10 minutes without any oxygen source might be a bit too long perhaps.

Posts: 381 | From The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red, What S13 said! The only concern would be a build up of CO2 and that is only if you aren't using supplemental O2.
Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

I like to err on the side of caution.

If you turn off your fresh air source (i.e. the compressor) while still in the chamber for any length of time, you take an unnecessary risk.

In the unlikely event that you were to fall asleep during the decompression time (or pass out, etc.), then you may be without oxygen. A boy with autism died this way when a bureau fell on his compressor tubing.

IMO, it is best practice to wait until right before exiting (if your chamber doesn't fully deflate on its own), or after exiting to turn off your oxygen supply, even if you are using a supplemental concentrator/mask.

Additionally, it is best for your body to decompress slowly; over 10 minutes if you have the patience.

It is important, too, to practice safe habits because at some point in the future you may be in a position to teach others (who may be more vulnerable) how to dive.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Red101~

Welcome to the thread, and thank you for taking the time to read it!

You might try using sound cancelling headphones during deflation if the noise is bothersome.

Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Divers,

Haven't checked in for some time now. I was going to do the tinnitus program, but it sounds just like the pressure relief valve on my chamber that's open when the chamber is at full pressure, so I'm skipping that for now.

I take lots of magnesium and minerals, so that is not a fix for the leg cramps for me.

I investigated Exercising While Taking Oxygen EWOT) and discovered that an exercise program that switches between EWOT and exercising with oxygen DEPRIVATION is more effective. However, the VOCs from the bag that holds the air gave me horrible face rashes and other problems, so I stopped. Perhaps a different company's product would not have had that problem.

I have found that sometimes I feel pretty toxic. I already had a portable broad-spectrum infrared sauna that seemed to help clear my thinking, so now I sometimes use that, too, separated by many hours from the mHBOT.

I've been doing hour=long dives with the O2 mask since May. Before that, since Februrary 2020, I didn't use the mask.

I got REALLY severe back pains in June that I've not had for years! Persisting in doing the dives paid off, and the pains are gone.

Dr. K recommends doing lymph drainage massage, and a friend has found that helps with her memory and thinking, so I've started doing that also. PM me if you want a link to his free online video on how to do this.

It's HOT here in S. California, and my exercise program has slipped.

Ah, well....onward!

Keep up your successful actions!

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red101
Member # 52188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to those kind folks who answered my question about turning off the compressor as a way to deflate the chamber (instead of opening the valve). I am grateful to you all for your input.

Related, someone else posted this below response when I posed the same question on my Facebook group for mHBOT.

"I posed this question to the manufacturer [Newtowne] and this is the answer:
You can turn off the compressor during deflation to make the deflation faster but you still have to open the deflate valve to release the pressure before opening the zippers. Co2 build up would not be an issue for at least 30 minutes. Also I had the same issue with the noise coming out of the valve so I bought a silencer on Amazon and it makes the noise a lot less. https://www.amazon.com/Parker-ASN-15-Plastic-Exhaust-Silencer/dp/B003Q6CBKM "

Posts: 8 | From Boston | Registered: Aug 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

I am going to look into that device from Amazon, Red101! Thank you!

I just want to make sure I understand correctly... So accroding to Newtowne seller, it is okay to turn off the compressor (using a remote switch) before opening the valve? But before unzipping, you would need to release the pressure by opening the valve and wait until the chamber is soft?

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Hi all!

I'm sure this has been discussed before and I'm sorry for asking it. And I realize we're all just individuals trying to get well and not PhD scientists. (However, some of you are so smart and so educated! Just sayin').

Most of you know I am doing mHBOT because of chronic GI issues (diarrhea and food intolerances). In Jan 2019, my stools formed after 3 sessions in mHBOT (20 min and 2 40 min sessions with full O2)! I was hooked and bought a chamber.

Fast forward over a year of diving, my stools have been mixed. What I've figured out is that I was also doing FMTs (fecal microbiota transplants) and the combo really made a difference. Because, as time has gone on, my good stools and calm gut diminish as I move away (time-wise) from my last FMT. (Because FMTs are not approved in the US except for C-diff, I have been getting them out of the country but can only get so many at a time. And its expensive and add in the travel to go get them).

I had this experience before doing mHBOT ~ I feel great initially and I taper down the FMTs and with time, I feel worse again.

And that's where I am now, again.

I've just added a probiotic that I am taking in via retention enema (sorry if TMI). I feel good. (my condition makes oral probiotics part of the "problem"). However, it's an anaerobic probiotic. (maybe they all are?). Am I going to keep killing these little life-savers with mHBOT?
I'm hoping not. Or maybe I should do the enemas at some time after my daily dives?

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Hope everyone is well or improving!

Carbokitty

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carbokitty, most of our gut biome is made up of obligate anaerobic bacteria but there are others as well as yeasts and even parasites.

What is the name of the probiotic that you take anally? Is it recommended to be taken that way?

I don't know if Mild HBOT will kill off the anaerobic bacteria in our guts. I don't think so given that many people see improvement in intestinal function from it. I bet Phoiph has some information on that!

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

It’s lactobacillus Reuteri.

Carbo

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Here's an interesting study about L. Reuteri rectally in children. It seems to be changing the cytokine expression of inflammatory markers, plus one anti inflammatory one.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22150569/

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Thanks Digby! Interesting article. I don’t have UC. The diagnosis is SIBO (diarrhea). Some in my SIBO community have indicated benefits taking BioGaiai (intended for babies so very mild) which is l. Reuteri in oil.
I feel “better” almost immediately-which was my experience w/FMTs (except the time I was also in a moldy condo + doing FMTs).
As most of us here have learned, I’m going very slowly. But I’m encouraged and am looking at adding other probiotics. Just a very little bit at a time.

So to answer your previous question about studies with rectal administration, no, I’m not sure I had previously found any specific to l. Reuteri. But I had found info on probiotic retention enemas and anecdotal info from other sufferers who have used other multi strain PRE with positive outcomes.

In the meantime, I love my chamber and the O2, so I’m going to continue and stop worrying that it might be destroying my l. Reuteri.

Have a great day! Thanks again for the article.
Carbokitty

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Carbokitty, just to clarify, what makes it interesting is not the Dx but the cytokine results. :^)
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dbpei:
I am going to look into that device from Amazon, Red101! Thank you!

I just want to make sure I understand correctly... So accroding to Newtowne seller, it is okay to turn off the compressor (using a remote switch) before opening the valve? But before unzipping, you would need to release the pressure by opening the valve and wait until the chamber is soft?

I found that opening the valve and waiting for it to just sound the same so the same amount of air was coming in as was going out was not enough to make it safe for the zippers to open them.

So, I open the pressure deflation valve, wait until the bag is clearly not going to get any less rigid, then turn off the compressor. Then, when the bag is more loose, open the zippers.

I close the depressure valve before exiting, so it will allow the bag to start filling up the next time I use it.

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Cass A, I use the same method of decompressing and it has worked for me for years.
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Hello All

Is there any research on mHBOT being effective against biofilm ?
If it is effective does anyone know why ?

Thanks

Phoiph
Member # 41238

HBOT is used clinically for different conditions to disburse biofilms, which thrive in a low oxygen environment. The production of reactive oxygen & nitrogen species, and nitric oxide (free radicals) plays a role.

For certain conditions (e.g., non-healing wounds, etc.), it can be used in conjunction with antibiotics or other drugs to better penetrate the infection.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29334015/

https://lymemd.blogspot.com/2013/07/biofilms-hyperbaric.html

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337059928_Improving_antibiotic_treatment_of_bacterial_biofilm_by_hyperbaric_oxygen_therapy_Not_just_hot_air

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks
I may have missed but I did not see anything specific to mHBOT
Is there anything mHBOT specific?

pajo
Member # 52200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pajo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,
This is my first message but I've been reading the forum for a long time now. In fact this is the forum that made me go the mhbot route. I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm still researching. I don't have enough to get an oxygen concentrator. I have one everflow for ozone, but they said it doesn't work with chambers. Do you have any suggestions for a newbie like myself? Is it ok if I start without the oxygen concentrator first?

Posts: 2 | From new jersey | Registered: Sep 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

pajo,

Please PM me with your questions, and I can give you more info on reliable vendors, discounts, etc.

pajo
Member # 52200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pajo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more question, I heard that newtowne has 1.6 ata chambers, but can we purchase those or we can only get the 1.3 ata ones?
Posts: 2 | From new jersey | Registered: Sep 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

No, they do not sell 1.6ATA chambers, it is against FDA regs.
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings Divers,

I thought I posted an update a few weeks ago but don’t see it, so here goes.

I found a new doc in AZ and wanted to have a wellness check done on my CD57 and C4a as well as my entire system. Great news is I’m still improving without diving but haven’t been able to achieve normal yet on both these tests. CD57 is at 4,944 and C4a is at 48. Good news but was hoping for normal rates 4 years post treatment.

Now the reason it is probably not normal. She found I have H pylori and my gut is a mess. I believe the doctors that looked previously with bloodwork (this was a stool test) missed the bacteria and has been an underlying issue since the beginning of my downturn in health in 1990 while deployed in Desert Storm.

Because of the long standing infection my vitamins are on opposite ends, some high and some almost gone, I’m not breaking down food or using protein.

I was started on a 90 day natural protocol to kill, heal and rebuild my gut and then she will put me on a compounded vitamin and go after underlying stealth infections.

Surprisingly I am still doing great which goes to show a good diet and regular detox will hide a host of trouble in the body.

I’ll up date as things progress. I am back in the chamber to help heal my gut.

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Peimomma

Good you found someone
Can you answer some questions

How long since your last dive ?
What vitamins were high and what was low?
What is involved in rebuilding your gut?

Thanks

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hominahomina,

I’ll post my dives over the last 5 years to get a good look at my numbers
2015-2016 = 756 dives
2017 = 156 dives the year I started work
2018 = 45 dives
2019 = 36 dives
2020 = 25 dives I got back in the chamber this last week because our temps have finally cooled off. Before this week I dove when the virus first started to be safe 3/9-3/22

Vit A low
Folate High
Vit C low
Vit D high
Vit E High
Vit K High
A nurse I work with looked at them on Friday and said it’s like my vitamins are in a bad marriage living at the opposite ends of the house. My body hasn’t been digesting my food for years but I thought my gut might heal over time. I guess when you have something like H pylori it won’t. I look forward to having a few skin issues resolve as my gut heals.

To Kill Gastromend, pesto Bismal, Biocidin

Repair Tegricel, ProButyrate, beef gelatin

To replace good bacteria Proflora,

This is for 90 days with no gluten or sugar. I’m not allergic to gluten but to keep any potential inflammation down she wants me to not eat the small amount I consume.

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Hi Peimomma and all~

Coincidentally, I was reading about lactobacillus reuteri yesterday, as I have started using it for my ongoing gut issues. This NIH study indicates that it can irradicate H. pylori:

Some studies have shown that L. reuteri has the potential to completely eradicate H. pylori from the intestine (Ojetti et al., 2012). Importantly, L. reuteri is advantageous in the treatment of H. pylori as the supplementation eradicates the pathogen without causing the common side effects associated with antibiotic therapies

and the whole paper:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5917019/

if interested.

I wanted to share with others that since using the l. reuteri (still by retention enema), I am sleeping like a baby. I do wake up at 5:30-ish to urinate but am able to go back to sleep. My heart rate is down also. (it had been elevate (for me) more or less since the accident in January-although not as high as right after the accident-and I have "struggled" to bring it down).

Anyway, if your Proflora doesn't have l.reuteri, Peimomma, you might consider adding it specifically to your regime. And others, if your sleep is an issue. I'm guessing most or a lot of us who have ended up here did antibiotics for awhile in an attempt to deal with Lyme and likely have imbalances. People without SIBO can, of course, take the probiotic orally.

Have a great day!
Carbokitty

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Thanks Carbokitty

Do you recommend a certain brand?

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Peimomma:

I started with Biogaia, made for infants/babies with colic-because I am very sensitive.

but because it's meant for babies, may not be potent enough for your situation.

I am now using:

Bodi-Ome

which is in capsules.

(I originally included links but it appears it took everyone to my Amazon account-yikes!)

Hope this helps.

Carbokitty

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Does anyone know about using HBOT for Ulcerative Colitis (UC)? Will mild HBO work for that? If so, how long does it take to see improvements? A family member is being pressured into using a hard chamber at 2.5 ATA for 20 sessions as a cure for his UC.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Digby,

Have you seen this compilation of studies?

Hyperbaric oxygen treatment for inflammatory bowel disease: a systematic review and analysis
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3328239/

Phoiph
Member # 41238

These studies include 1.7 to 2.4 ATA:

Systematic review: the safety and efficacy of hyperbaric oxygen therapy for inflammatory bowel disease - Dulai - 2014 - Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics - Wiley Online Library
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/apt.12753

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Phoiph, you are the best! Thanks.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Awww, you're welcome, Digby.
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks Peimomma for that info keep us posted
Cass A
Member # 11134

quote:
Originally posted by kgg:
Homina, I believe CassA is saying when she vacuums that it is a unit that also filters the air through water. I did not get the impression that it is attached to the chamber.

That's correct--I vacuum the rooms with the Rainbow vac. It is not attached to the chamber. I do use the available humidifier on the oxygen concentrator as an additional level of filtration for the air I breathe.
Cass A
Member # 11134

Hi, mHBOT friends!

I'm still using my chamber pretty much daily. I think it is now causing some detox, as I'm getting a niacin flush sometimes. When I do, I get into my infrared sauna and SWEAT until my temperature comes up to at least 98.6. It's usually lower than 97, so my body is still not winning the anti-infection war.

My schedule has been severely disrupted due to my husband's sudden passing in mid June and having to deal with the (literally) tons of various kind of stuff he left. Hope to get that under control soon. I at least have help from my traditional music friends, neighbors, family, and church, which keeps me really busy!

Good to read about various approaches to issues here.

I still have a leg cramps issue, and was going to try quinine bark tincture in a non-wugar drink, especially since it is also used for malaria, and I have got Babesia in the background, but seems to not be gone.

Comments?

dbpei
Member # 33574

I am so sorry to hear about your husband's passing, Cass A. It sounds like you have a strong support system and I am glad you have your chamber and the sauna!

Your idea about the quinine bark tincture sounds like a good one. I would go very slowly and see how you react though. Maybe some others here will chime in that have had success with it. Good luck to you and God bless.

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Hi Cass A. (and everyone) ~ I am also so sorry to hear about your husband's passing. So hard, on top of everything else. I'm glad to hear you have help.

I went back and looked and you said previously that you take "lots of magnesium". How much is lots? I ask because I take 1200 mg nightly. That's more than the RDA but I found that to be my sweet spot through trial and error. Just a thought. Maybe you're already there or more.

Best of luck!

Carbokitty

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Cass A,

You may also be losing more minerals/electrolytes via sweating/sauna usage.

kgg
Member # 5867

I'm so sorry for your loss as well. My husband gets cramps if he does not drink enough water. I find magnesium is helpful. Lastly, my MIL used to get cramps at night. She drank some quinine tonic water before bed and says it stopped the cramping in her legs.
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Does anyone know of a used mHBOT system, including O2 Concentrator for around $5000? Please message me if you do. Thanks.
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Dig
Check with Michelle Faber on the mHBOT facebook group
Cas A I am saddened to hear about your husbands sudden passing

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Hello All
I have been meaning to share some observations with this group The first two are related to mHBOT and the last is something that has been helping me

I find Molecular Hydrogen enhances the effects of mHBOT

I find grounding while diving leaves me feeling less amped or toxic when I am done

Cordyceps is for me a useful supplement because it helps the mitochondria I almost feel normal when I use it and it does not hype me like a stimulant

Thanks

[ 09-29-2020, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Hominahomina ]

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Quick update....We have a chamber. Thanks to Phoiph and those that helped.
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Dig
What did you get?
Thanks

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

It was for someone else but we got the same as mine... a Newtowne.
dbpei
Member # 33574

Hominahomina, thanks for the update. I am not familiar with molecuar hydrogen. I will have to research it.

How do you do grounding while in the chamber?

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

dbpei
How I did it with my setup
I ran a wire from the ground socket on my extension cord to the air control valve on my newtowne chamber. Then I ran a wire from the air control valve inside the chamber and put in under my back so it touches my skin while diving. I used a multimeter to make sure the ground worked. You can go on youtube to see how to use a multimeter to test ground. If you want I can send pictures just PM me. If you ground from a wall socket make sure you connect to the ground, you don't want to shock yourself

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Hello All
I was wondering how you keep track of things in your chamber while diving , like cell phones, remote controls, pens, etc.

Since I am on my back while diving and movement is limited things get lost temporarily.

I was thinking of hanging a mesh bag on a sticky hook or something but I don't know if a sticky hook would work.

Thanks

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Homina, I use command strips to hang things in my chamber but because of the curve of the bag, they don't last very long. It helps to clean the area with an alcohol wipe and hold it with quite a bit of pressure for the minimum of 30 seconds.

I'm still experimenting with attaching them at various times during pressurizing. It seems that somewhere between 2 psi and full pressure works. That's all I got. If you figure something out, please share.

dbpei
Member # 33574

Thanks for that info on grounding Homina.

I have a small cloth bag with a zipper I use to keep everything in that I might need while diving. I hang my remote to the air compressor on a band that I can easily access from one of the gauges.

I also keep a blanket by my feet (I needed one for the first time in months recently with the cooler weather!)

Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by Hominahomina:
dbpei
How I did it with my setup
I ran a wire from the ground socket on my extension cord to the air control valve on my newtowne chamber. Then I ran a wire from the air control valve inside the chamber and put in under my back so it touches my skin while diving. I used a multimeter to make sure the ground worked. You can go on youtube to see how to use a multimeter to test ground. If you want I can send pictures just PM me. If you ground from a wall socket make sure you connect to the ground, you don't want to shock yourself

Homina,

Your post really concerns me! I consulted an electrician friend, and he agreed that this is not a safe idea for a number of reasons.

There are many safer ways to ground yourself without wiring to the ground of a live electrical outlet/cord (while in an oxygen chamber)...just Google them.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

You are Welcome dbpei
I should have mentioned using an earthing mat would probably be a better choice in the chamber if you can afford one. I understand the carbon mats ground better (don't know for sure)
If you are local to me (I am in the San Francisco Bay area ) I have some Molecular Hydrogen you can try. Although it does seem to enhance the benefits of mHBOT. I don't like it.

This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  57  58  59   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement