LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Progurt (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Progurt
SForsgren
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only made probiotics with goat milk at home and purchased Kefir, but even Kefir is not human strain.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks, scott.

i'm looking into it further.

mo

--------------------
life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage
-- anais nin

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AliG. I read this thread just to read your posts.

You're so cute.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joey, Scott - thank you so much for helping to round-out the picture for me. Now I feel like I have enough information to consider the Progurt..... And despite the intitial cost, I am definitely interested in this.

Sounds like the grass-fed, local lamb and beef I get (no abx or other drugs) would probably be okay..... I'm looking for some local chickens, too......

So glad to hear about this! Thanks!

The multiglycidic syrup that acts as a prebiotic...... wonder if inulin or FOS prebiotics would serve the same purpose and work just as well? I think some prebiotic would be a good idea.....

Hi, AliG. I meant to say that earlier..... and I think you probably found on the website where it explains that all of these organisms are grown in the lab, etc., so the `ick factor' is minimal on that front. [Smile]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked the same question and the company said that other prebiotics just don't work and that they spent years working on a prebiotic that worked well with their specific human strains. So, I had the same question and after asking and hearing the rationale, I decided that it worth using their prebiotic.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 1 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.....This sounds like a more palatable version of a 'fecal transplant', which seems to work sometimes, but progurt's so expensive I doubt if many lymies could afford it.
Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott or anyone using Progurt, just wondering how this Pharmax HCL-High Potency product compares with Progurt. Would you mind comparing the specs below for me and let me know if it is at all comparable. The cost is about $55.00 US so it may be an affordable option for some. (No, I don't sell it -- just ran across it when researching "human strain").

I am concerned that the capsules contain magnesium stearate, would that cancel out the benefit? The powder form that is listed first doesn't appear to have any magnesium stearate in it though.

Quote" These powerful probiotics are for the relief of intestinal health problems. These Human Lactic Commensals (HLC) are human-derived strains including Lactobacillus acidophilus and Lactobacillus bifidus, and the only product line of their kind in North America.

Lack of friendly bacteria in the lower intestines may result in severe abdominal discomfort, bowel problems such as constipation, diarrhea, and IBS, as well as extreme fatigue, and yeast overgrowth.

HLC-High Potency are indicated for all gastro-intestinal concerns including fungal and yeast infections, gas, bloating, indigestion, IBS, and Chron's. HLC Powder can help crowd out the yeast and other undesirable organisms which result from use of antibiotics, chemotherapy, oral contraceptives, and hormone replacement therapy.

HLC powder has a sweet taste due their fructo-oligo-saccharides (FOS) content which ensure rapid establishment of the Lactobacilli in the upper small intestine and bifido bacteria in the lower small intestine.

FOS is a naturally-occurring water-soluble fiber from fruit and vegetables which feeds the friendly intestinal bacteria. It also provides naturally-occurring beta-carotene from the whole freeze-dried apricot. The apricot is used for its soothing effect on the intestinal walls and also for its flavor.

Ingredients and Suggested Use

HLC-High Potency 120g
Ingredients:
Each 1/3 teaspoon (1g) contains:

HLC LAB4 Consortium......8-12 Billion viable cells
L. acidophilus CUL 60
L. acidophilus CUL 21
Bifidobacterium bifidum CUL 21
Bifidobacterium lactis CUL 34
Fructo-oligo-saccharides (FOS)....... 800 mg

Other Ingredients: Freeze dried apricot

HLC-High Potency 120 capsules
Ingredients:
Each capsule contains:

HLC LAB4 Consortium......8-12 Billion viable cells
L. acidophilus CUL 60
L. acidophilus CUL 21
Bifidobacterium bifidum CUL 21
Bifidobacterium lactis CUL 34
Fructo-oligo-saccharides (FOS)....... 300 mg

Other Ingredients: Cellulose, silica, vegetable magnesium stearate.

Intensive Phase
Take 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon or 1-2 capsules twice daily after meals for one month.

Clinical Considerations:

During and Post-antibiotic therapy
Acute intestinal upset
Candidiasis
Digestive disturbances (bloating, gas)
Poor diet, starvation, and anorexia
Parasitic infections
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Bowel problems (constipation, diarrhea, IBS)

Intermediate Phase
Take 1/3 teaspoon once or twice daily for one month

Clinical Considerations

General illness
Stressful life style
Parasitic infections
Digestive problems(bloating, gas)
Constipation
Excessive alcohol consumption
Bowel problems (diarrhea, IBS)
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Candidiasis

Maintenance Phase
Take 1/4 teaspoon three or more times per week

Clinical Considerations

Maintain Health of the digestive system
Prevention of colds and flu
Stressful life style
Digestive problems(bloating, gas)
Occasional Constipation
Prevention of Candidiasis & yeast infection

Tips from the Nutritionist
These probiotics are the absolute best I have found anywhere. They are human strain probiotics which adhere extremely well and are more effective than any others I have used in my practice. Autistic kids in particular need these non-dairy strains of probiotics to re-establish the good flora and combat yeast. end quote"

Hey, Charlie, thanks for letting us know what the alternative to using this product would be. [Eek!] I think the powder seems more appealing.

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

I have taken HLC. It is a good product, but it does not compare in my experience to Progurt.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Scott, I'm thinking that the culturing process may be what makes Progurt more effective.
Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

It is also important to use their incubator as it is temperature regulated to ensure the maximum potential of the organisms.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

jam338
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jam338     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott and Joey I am confused. Sorry I have bad brain problems. Maybe this has been explained, and I just didn't grasp it.

This is a sincere question. How are you able to distinguish that the improvements are Progurt and not from Allergie Immun drops that you both are doing?

What I am trying to distinguish is that does AI help with only certain things and Progurt with other things or do they overlap? Maybe there is no way to know.

In the end all that matters is that you are both improving from something, whether it is bionic, AI, or progurt. Thank you both for sharing information to help us learn more about your experiences.

Joey, is the energetic tester that you mentioned the same one you previously wrote to me about in LA area, DrB?

Posts: 495 | From SF Bay area, CA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott and m0joey thanks soooo much for sharing!

Just a quick question: If you are not doing ABX would you really need the initial full load or just going onto maintenance might be all you need? just looking for an opinion.

For everyone: This product might be in combination with biofilm busting herbs

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Hi Bob, not sure. I am of the opinion that antibiotic use likely makes the loading period longer, but ask Robert to be sure. Best

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m0joey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the immediate impact with the progurt is felt "down there." I can literally sense a remodeling of sorts going down in the gut, and this is also visible with BMs. I have also had to increase detox agents like crazy in the last few days--haven't been on AI drops since last week or using the bionic in this time period--so there seems to be some kinda systemic change going on also.

The AI drops seem to elicit more fatigue & emotional reactions, which make sense because they work on such a deep level, hitting emotional blockages & miasms in addition to more supericial metal, chemicals, & infections. There is a more profound grogginess and fatigue that I get from the AI that is markedly different from the progurt reaction.

It helps that I started the progurt AFTER my round 2 of AI was finished.

Posts: 713 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m0joey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob:

I was only on ABx for a total of 3-4 months, but I'm testing for the full load. just having fungal infections run rampant for so long seems sufficient to mess up the balance significantly.

Posts: 713 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jam338
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jam338     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Joey thanks for helping me to better understand. That makes sense to me since I experienced some similar gut symptoms when I started Cordyceps. It took me a few days to realize it was the Cordyceps making gut changes. I wasn't aware that Cordyceps could do that.

Clearly with so much of our immune system being in the gut, we need to get that working as well as possible. Even though I eat a fairly healthy diet, I am not aborbing nutrients (verified through variety of recent lab testing).

The LLND I am seeing (CR) has recommended nutritional IVs, a very costly approach. So, while Progurt is expensive, it may be a more cost effective alternative for me to consider.

Thanks for the additional info. I'll respond further to your PM.

Posts: 495 | From SF Bay area, CA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had been taking probiotics for some time. I don't test positively for anything but natural probiotics now, in yogurt, kambucha, or probiotic veggies.

Despite doing all these things correctly it seems difficult to get to 100% re-florastation. The bad guys just don't give up there terrain. Either from biofilm or just being to entrenched into tissue. It sounds like you've found a way with this product to bust through.

Just a thought, if you put any pathogenic bacteria on plastic and waited until it cultured and created a biofilm. Then took an LED pushing out UV-B light waves killing all the bacteria viruses and parasites. What happens to the biofilm? What disolves the proteins that make the biofilm sheath. Or when the UV-B light is no longer around, the biofilm is again repopulated with pathogens. Just an idea about finding herbs that destroy these biofilm sheaths.

Some new hope comes from the product you've introduced in this thread. I Suggest this bacteria might have a better idea about how to live in a human terrain to ensure it's new terrain is maintained. There is an intelligence to bacteria, especially when they colonize.

The bacteria is cultured as if it were in a human, suggesting 100s of species of bacteria in the right numbers to live in a human host.

I suppose to reduce cost, you could do more with prebiotics. Probably another question to be posed to the vendor.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, thanks, Scott.... I suspected you were going to say that about traditional prebiotics.....

Well, all this convinces me that Progurt is truly unique, and far removed from what we think of as `probiotics'. We've come to think of lactic acid bacteria as `probiotics' and don't really think about the other 300+ strains of stuff in the bowel and gut. I'm not sure Progurt would qualify as lactic acid bacteria, though it does seem to multiply in milk......

I suspect that perhaps a lot of strains of `probiotics' we are consuming these days may not be `indigenous' to the human GI tract, but they seem to work and are easy to culture, so they are used commercially.

And if my guess is correct about this stuff, nothing like this has been done before, to my knowledge.

I signed up for their information e-mails....

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zombie_mummy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by charlie:
.....This sounds like a more palatable version of a 'fecal transplant'.....

I had been thinking along the same lines: that consuming a probiotic cultured from human intestines would accomplish the same thing as a fecal transplant.

I was discussing this with a friend of mine today.

She works at a wildlife rescue centre and told me that baby animals who've been on abx need to be put in a cage with healthy adults of the same species.

The sick ones will instinctively consume the droppings of the healthy... and recover fully.

She also told me that, in cases where this does not happen (ie. no healthy adults available), the sick ones usually die.

Food for thought, indeed.

--------------------
"Be it, don't dream it." -Dr. Frank-N-Furter

http://www.lymefriends.com/profile/zombie_mummy

Posts: 196 | From Canuckistan | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's really interesting zombiemummy. if anyone else tries this product i would love to hear more.

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zombie_mummy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it seems that sick animals will instinctively do their own 'fecal transplant' equivalent...

My major GI issues (food sensitivities, malabsorbtion, gastroparesis) began after doing 7 months of oral amoxy followed by 7 wks of iv abx.

Dietary changes and photon tx have helped somewhat but not fully.

I think the abx decimated my internal flora and I really do wonder if this product might do the trick....

--------------------

Posts: 196 | From Canuckistan | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm interested in this as well.

hopefully this can be the go to thread for any of us that try it.

my daughter has abdomimal issues since abx treatment that are also refractory to all the better probiotics available.
her immune functioning is low along with that.

mo

--------------------
-- anais nin

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

After much thought, I have placed an order. I'll post my own updates/progress with progurt here.

--------------------

Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool beans [Cool]

good luck with this.

~ m

--------------------
-- anais nin

SForsgren
Member # 7686

I'm looking forward to your feedback as well. Expecting good things.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

ditto zombie.

this hasn't been an easy ride. if your gut is anywhere as messed up as mine be ready to rest for days at a time.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Off topic a little except another use for yogurt. there is urease antibody that can be put into yogurt to help control or eradicate h-pylori. Just posting as an aside:

http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSTRE52M5JA20090323

--------------------
Bob

'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott,
Did you read a couple years back that they recently finally figured out that the appendix was/is employed as a safe haven for "good bacteria"...to re-seed the GI tract after an acute bout with an intestinal disease like dysentery?

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

You know, I've been thinking about this......

First, I don't think the company could refer to the Progurt microflora as `indigenous human strains' if has been genetically modified, bioengineered, etc. However, it would be an important question to ask the company.

Second, I suspect that beyond lifestyle choices and the imbalance of good-to-bad microbes & chemicals in our modern food chain...... what I suspect is that many or even most of us were either born with an imbalance in gut flora, or it happened soon thereafter.

Given the mean age of members at LymeNet, it is likely that `Mom' may have been deficient when we were born. It was popular for a number of years to forego breastfeeding and give commercial formula to infants instead, so no source of immunity-help in that situation. Then we got whacked with abx the first time we got a suspected case of Strep Throat or an ear infection, or we had our tonsils jerked out with abx as a side-dish....... in other words, I suspect that the problem goes way, way back.

And I really wonder if a lot of common food intolerances and digestive problems are connected here in a BIG way, factors that affected us even before we were born....

Way to go, Zombie! Can't let the `guys' here have all the fun.

Joey, how disabling has this been for you? When you said `be ready to rest for days at a time', my ears pricked up. As long as I can handle the basic daily needs of myself and my few pets, I'm okay with that. But I don't want to be `down for the count' with something like this. If it's possible, I just need to know about it.

Okay one more question for Scott and Joey: I am assuming that constipation has not been a consequence of doing the Progurt, that any changes have been more on the other end of the spectrum?

--------------------
Tracy

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Actually, when I first started, there was a slight shift towards constipation but that passed pretty quickly and the company is great about providing support as you use the product. I think at that time, I increased magnesium slightly and that was all it took.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

quote:
Originally posted by m0joey:
this hasn't been an easy ride. if your gut is anywhere as messed up as mine be ready to rest for days at a time.

I don't know what shape your GI sys is in, Joey. If you are as bad as me and progurt helps, I am very hopeful.

For myself, I have pretty major food issues and have been on a starch-free (polysaccharide-free) diet for nearly a year.

I eat no grains of any kind. Lactose, soy, cane sugar, potatoes, chocolate etc. are also out.

I also cannot take most meds and supps due to the starchy binders and fillers they contain.

If I eat even a molecule of the wrong thing, my mouth breaks out in ulcers, I have terrible gas, pain and bloating.

The worst thing is the gut palsy -I've gone up to 2 weeks with no BM. It's miserable.

If this product can help me with these issues, I will be ecstatic.

--------------------

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Will you still make the Progurt with cow milk? As I understand that is important and the lactose is fermented out. I really hope this helps you ZM!

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

there has been a major shift towards compensation and gassiness--I trust this isn't TMI--that has only been relieved by the recommendations given by robert. Relieved, but not resolved, but I trust it will get much better with time. The gas is due to all the newfound fermentation induced by the product.

ZM--i believe my gut is in worse shape than I ever could've imagined, esp. considering I'm in my mid-20s and had a relatively healthy diet before being sick for the last 3 years. A lot of our gut issues are genetic I'm sure, just like detoxification capabilities are largely predetermined. I think my response tells me I really need this product. I am still using the cow's milk to incubate and not having any issues, so Robert may have been right on that one. He even told me to drink milk straight up with honey one time, but I'm not quite ready to go there!

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

As for disabling, When the progurt reaches the nether regions, the bad stuff only has two ways to go: further down the pipe or back into the bloodstream. Doe to existing leaky gut, I believe there has been some major bug & toxin redistribution in the bloodstream. The progurt is stimulating GALT, and thereby ramping up an almost startling immune response, but in the meantime be ready to bind bind and bind some more. Heavy metals have been testing too.

Per my convo with Sparkle7, I also believe all the photon treatments have diverted toxins & bugs down to the intestinal regions, where they had trouble making a final exit. This backlog may be getting stirred up as well.

SForsgren
Member # 7686

ZM - please talk with Robert every couple of days given your condition. He will be able to help you do the right thing, take the right amounts, adjust, etc. as to hopefully not stir things up too much.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

This is very important, before embarking on this, make sure your liver is as clean as possible. And keep working the liver so it can best take care of things that might get into the blood stream.

I know Joey touched on it very well, but thought I'd go through it one more time.

--------------------
Bob

zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:
Will you still make the Progurt with cow milk? As I understand that is important and the lactose is fermented out. I really hope this helps you ZM!

I already make my own yogurt with cow's milk. I ferment it for 24h and this removes the lactose. I tolerate it fine this way so hopefully progurt would be the same...

--------------------

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Agree with scott. I talk to Robert at least every other day, and even a few times a day when I'm having unexpected issues.
zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

quote:
Originally posted by m0joey:
The progurt is stimulating GALT, and thereby ramping up an almost startling immune response, but in the meantime be ready to bind bind and bind some more. Heavy metals have been testing too.

When you say 'startling immune response', I'm not sure what you mean. Could you please describe?

Also, what binders do you use? There is not much I can tolerate at the moment besides charcoal.

--------------------

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

I was referring to the GALT, where 70% of our immunity lies, being stimulated. Regardless of how many killing supplements we're taking, without our innate immunity working effectively they may just be bandaids.

I felt a strong die-off reaction within 1 day of taking it, could barely get off my couch, and my energetic doc told me a few days later I'd lowered my fungal infections by 50% in one week.

As for binders:
chlorella, ACZ zeolite, methylation supps--methyl b12, folapro, instrinsic b12, phosphatidyl choline--pectasol, HMD, nutramedix algas, pinella for neurotoxins.

Are you using the biotensor or any other form of energetic testing? I test each time before I take.

NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott and Joey, are you taking Progurt at the same time as A I or in
between rounds?

Thanks

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

in between for me, but i will likely continue taking the progurt after the 3rd round comes. Or maybe wait until the detox from progurt has leveled off before adding the AI. Not sure yet
SForsgren
Member # 7686

I am doing it at the same time.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I'm waiting for round three and just trying to figure out whether I want to attempt both at the same time.
Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleLymie19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zombie_mummy, you and I have very similar GI symptoms. My GI tract is in such bad shape that I have to consume the same exact thing everyday, or else my gut peristalsis will completely stop, I go into malabsorption, have pain, gas, and bloating, and drop even more weight. At my worst, I only went to the bathroom once a month due to gut paralysis. I've gone from 140 pounds to 83 pounds (I'm 5'7) and now I'm back up to 100 pounds, but still can't eat much or gain much more.

I'd love to hear how this goes for you. Keep us updated, with all the juicy details! Nothing is "TMI" for me! [Smile]

Posts: 710 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

quote:
Originally posted by LittleLymie19:
Zombie_mummy, you and I have very similar GI symptoms. My GI tract is in such bad shape that I have to consume the same exact thing everyday, or else my gut peristalsis will completely stop, I go into malabsorption, have pain, gas, and bloating, and drop even more weight. At my worst, I only went to the bathroom once a month due to gut paralysis.

Yes LittleLymie, I noticed in your other thread how similar your GI symptoms sound to mine. Specific Carbohydrate diet/ GAPS diet is the only thing that helps me.

Homemade bone broths and homemade 24h yogurt are the staples of my diet these days.

Whenever I have a bad food reaction, I have to go back and eat nothing but broth for a week in order to heal my gut.

When I start the progurt, I'll keep you posted on all the gory details...

--------------------

AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SForsgren:
AliG, if you are interested in the product, make the effort to find out more. I think people have shared enough here. It doesn't sound like you are interested in the product and that is fine.

FWIW-I WAS interested in it. In case you hadn't noticed, I don't bother wasting my time in threads that don't interest me.

I thought people put up threads about things to discuss them and for people to share information about them.

What the heck did I do to you, besides being interested in something that you said you felt you were benefiting from? Is it because I can't afford to just run out & buy it without feeling some degree of confidence that it would work for ME?

EXCUSE ME for not being independently wealthy and able to spend money on everything that sounds interesting.

BTW- still no word back from the company.
I DID seek answers there and didn't even get the courtesy of a reply.

Was there something rude about the way I phrased my questions to them, because I didn't think so & I really WAS considering trying it if I thought their answers could justify my expenditure.

I'm actually glad I lost track of this & hadn't seen your post to me before now. I'm sorry I came back to it again.

Congratulations, you've succeeded in offending me, as I know was your intent.

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is from the FAQ, with regard to the milk:

quote:
What type of milk should I use to make Progurt?

The milk must be sterile. Use UHT, Full Cream variety.
Milk type terminology may vary from country to country - UHT Milk may also be termed Long Life / Ultra Pasteurized / Bio Pasteurized. Full Cream Milk may also be termed Whole Milk. It is recommended that you choose the highest quality milk available. You can use both Cows Milk and Goats Milk.

Cow OR Goat, but should be full-cream UHT.

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

They also say that soy can be used on the web site, but that it does not work as well. It may be the case that Goat may work as well, but everytime I have spoken to them, they have suggested cow milk.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Several people here have called and spoken with the company and talked with Robert. If you have an interest in the product, call them. You will get much more information that you could ever get from an email.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Thanks for the replies.

Sounds like those with tendencies towards constipation may have to start slow and work up, maybe? Well, Zombie will be finding out soon....

Yep, `gut palsy' is my issue, too - excellent description. The triggers vary; some I know, but other times I don't know what happens. But things just stop transiting through the system properly. And that's even with taking fiber every day for the past 20 years. I flunked the `Stool Transit Study' done a few years back. They put me on Zelnorm, which worked for awhile but eventually caused sludge in my gall bladder.

I've ended up in the ER twice with an impacted bowel, even though I was still having bowel movements. Raw and cooked veggies digest the best, but I absolutely freeze to death if I don't have sufficient fat and proteins. I've tried about everything reasonable, and at this point, a few days of MiraLax once a month are necessary as a `clean-out' to prevent impaction.

I'd rather use goat's milk, but I'd have to get it fresh, then boil it. Not convenient and more chance of unwanted organisms entering the mix. Apparently, I was raised on goat's milk since it wasn't possible to nurse, and I couldn't digest cow's milk or commercial formula. If I do the Progurt, I'll follow whatever recommendations they offer in my case.

No such thing as TMI for me, either. The GI tract is what it is, and specifics are important!

--------------------
Tracy

LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleLymie19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truthfinder, you sound SO much like Zombie and I then. I couldn't even finish any of the transit tests at the hospital because it took just 3 hours to finish the test in the stomach, and even after nearly 12 hours of waiting, none of the tests could even reach my small intestine. It took a week for the barium to come out, and I never even saw the camera come out (that's a scary thought). THAT'S how long food sits in me. And in those cases, it was just liquid or a small camera, imagine solid food! Geez. They tried me on zelnorm too, all bad.

Have you tried oxygenated magnesium, or magnesium oxide? Miralax doesn't work for me either.

Are you set to try Progurt too?

Posts: 710 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Caution to those who don't want any juicy details: Don't read this.

Hi, LL - sounds like you have been through hell. Well, both you and Zombie have.... I feel for you both. Actually, my STS didn't involve a little camera, but that would have been interesting to see. I just ate normal food, swallowed a capsule full of little metal `O' rings, and they took x-rays every day to see how far everything had gone, and how long it took the O rings to clear out.....

Yes, liquid mag-oxide. Horrendous cramping - I mean stop-you-in-your-tracks pain. The only magnesium I tolerate is the Natural Calm stuff, and it will still give me some cramping. And I can't take much of it. I'm sure you can relate to this - the day after I drink the Natural Calm, I can hear things gurgling and turning to liquid in my upper GI tract, but it doesn't translate into pooping. It does nothing to increase peristalsis, which appears to be the problem.

MiraLax - it won't work for me either if I use it as directed on the bottle. I usually have to take 2 doses a day - sometimes 3 - for about 4 days, and THEN I have to take something like Cascara Sagrada to make my bowels move it out. all this takes about a week to accomplish, and I don't schedule any appointments or social events during that time, let me tell you. (BTW, the max dose is 47 grams of MiraLax a day, and my doc says the molecules are too big to be absorbed through the intestine so he says it won't hurt me. Hope he's right.)

What actually works better is that Go-Lytely liquid stuff they make you drink before a colonoscopy or lower GI film series - basically sip the darn stuff every 15 minutes until there is movement, which is really more like an eruption, in my case. But you need a prescription for that so I use the MiraLax - same basic stuff without the electrolytes.

I've got a 3 week `parasite protocol' I want to do first, and a basic 10-day intensive probiotic treatment that I got before this thread popped up (which I'm sure will have NO effect, just like others I've tried)...... so, I'll be doing those things first before I decide about the Progurt. Oh, and I might want to do a round of MiraLax before I attempt either of the first two.... things. So, I'm a ways away from committing to this.

If we could get our bowels moving properly, I can't help but think our over-all health would improve.

--------------------
Tracy

capebite
Member # 9789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for capebite   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can it be made added to goat milk??
Posts: 67 | From cape cod | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Robert told me similar: yes it CAN be made with soy and goat milk, but not as well, esp. due to the delicacy of goat milk.

I think it is worth mentioning again that I have had major sensitivity/allergy whatever you wanna call it to milk products, was on dairy-free diet for 2 years w/o a day off, started on a liter a day of this product and have tolerated it just fine

Lymic
Member # 19335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Joey and Scott, would you have any update on your experience with Progurt? Thank you.

Lymic

--------------------
http://lymic-bionic.blogspot.com/

Posts: 25 | From Toronto, Canada | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

No update. Still using it. Plan to continue. Just ordered another batch.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Fungal infections & mold staying down, but candida specifically still an issue and needed to be treated with bionic. I'm not sure why, but my doc whom is now also using the progurt tells me it affects molds and yeast differently.

Also, she told me progurt sequestered mercury from the gut, so the binders are still in full effect.

A family member that wants nothing to do with dairy is trying the product with hemp milk. So is my doctor, whom insists east asians can't handle milk even in denatured form. She said the hemp version still tests very strong. It doesn't set like yogurt, but the liquid sours and ends up tasting a bit like slightly soured ovaltine.

Still on original dosage.

Lymic
Member # 19335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you to you both, Scott and Joey. I hope you continue to improve with this product. Please continue to keep us posted.

Lymic

--------------------
http://lymic-bionic.blogspot.com/

Posts: 25 | From Toronto, Canada | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Yes, thanks for the updates. [Smile]

--------------------
Tracy

zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

My package from Progurt just arrived, so I should be eating my 1st batch soon...

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed on the website that you could use goat's milk, instead of cow's milk. I know that Joey said even though he was allergic to cow's milk he could still use it in progurt, but I might opt for goat's milk (if I can find it).

How much progurt does one satchel make? I apologize if this had been answered and I missed it?

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Zombie, I'll be waiting to hear all about your response, specifically [Smile] I hope it goes well!
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Good luck, Zombie. Can't wait to hear your initial report. [Smile]

--------------------
Tracy

m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

good luck zombie! hope you have good results with it
zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

So, I ate some yesterday for the first time. Had .5L then and another .5L today. I used 2% UHT milk as full fat UHT seems to be made of unobtainium around here.

I feel pretty good right now but it's too early to tell if it is because of Progurt or just coincidental...

My speech is definitely better today, not as slurred as it often is and I feel more energetic than usual.

I feel I should also mention that I had been suffering with a bad cold for a few days but my cold syx seemed to clear up right after my 1st dose of Progurt.

As far as GI stuff goes, I did have a BM today (have not had one for 3 days) but it is hard to say yet if Progurt helped with this or not.

If I start to, ah, 'produce' more regularly, I will be very happy as I often only manage 1/week due to gut palsy. I'll be sure to give you all the (poop) scoop!

I'm not having any issues with gas or discomfort so far. If anything, my gut feels better than it usually does.

PS Hiker, 1 satchel=1L of yogurt

[ 04-04-2009, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: zombie_mummy ]

--------------------

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Zombie for the info on how much one satchel makes. You and I seeem to have opposite gut problems and thus I cannot gain the weight I need. Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

haha unobtanium. love it
zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

[Smile]

--------------------

zombie_mummy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17402

TMI alert:

This is mainly a report for Littlelymie and Truthfinder (and anyone else with gut palsy who might be interested):

I had another BM this morning [Smile]

It wasn't very substantial but I'm still pretty pleased. 2 days in a row is *very* good for me.

--------------------

efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott, just ordered a progert budget kit. I'll ease into it. Thanks for scouting this out and sharing.

You are doing a great job!!!!!

Thanks, Ernie

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Hey, thanks, Zombie..... your TMI report is music to my ears.... and the 'unobtainium' term was a good one, for sure. (What kind of place doesn't have whole milk anyway?)

A Progurt 'budget kit', Ernie? So, how much will you be taking a day, then?

--------------------
Tracy

LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Wooo Hooo...

Keep the potty reports up [Smile] They give me hope for me and my broken plumbing! hahaha...

Alv
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Zomby_mommy!
Keep reporting please.I am so looking into using it also !

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another busted gut watching, Zombie.

Thanks!

Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement