LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 33)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  56  57  58   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had 06 OxyHealth Vitaeris that the zipper blew on it. Instead of repairing and missing dive time, I bought Newtowne. So far very pleased.
Posts: 1684 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all are such a wealth of information. Thank you.

Finding your sweet spot with time is tricky. Like Digby used to do, I'm at 90 min. So far so good- I've had some two steps back for sure but also many steps forward.

Hw88 did your doc want you to do a two hour session at one time? I'll be honest, that sounds hard. 90 minutes is the max I can do as its hard for me to even go this long without a potty break.

Is your doc the one in Maryland that writes some on his patients and mhbot? I'd love to hear your doctor's experience with going longer. I liked what Charles posted and Digby's feedback. Depending on time, sometimes I'm at an hour or a few less. Something to really think about. I think it is very easy to underestimate the power of this treatment. How about what Digby said- 2 x at 45 with pressure or just simply allowing yourself more time and sticking with the 1 hour protocol- like Digby said- tried and true. I went up in time when I felt bone pain in my feet and it seemed it took that long for me to feel relief of that stage.

I feel I've made some real gains of late so I think I'll stay this path. Digby, Charles and Phoiph, thank you for your exceptional guidance. Will keep your experience in mind Digby moving forward!

Yay, Homina! Keep us posted. Kgg glad the Newtown is a fit! HW88- how encouraging on these milestones even if they appear small! Progress... always a blessing. Hugs all!

[ 10-26-2017, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: willbeatthis ]

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BryanRosner1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 49076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BryanRosner1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Respiro + concentrator that I'm selling. They are like-new. Concentrator reads 100 hours. Very low time. Chamber is also like new. I paid $10,000 for both in January. I will accept $7,500 now. The reason I'm selling them so cheap is that I believe my house has been making me sick and we are moving out. Now, my wife isn't sick, nor my kids. So, it could just be my own sensitivities. But, if someone were to buy these, they may have to scrub them down -- or maybe not, maybe they would be fine for you. I do like mild HBOT and will re-purchase one later when we are settled somewhere new, since we will be on the road for a while with no place for the chamber. Location is South Lake Tahoe CA. I'm not able to ship, you'd have to pick up. Thanks! I'm not able to check this thread a lot so please email me direct at rosner.bryan at gmail.com

I will also say this -- I DO NOT think mild HBOT failed me. I just haven't been able to be consistent with it, and as Phoiph has pointed out, I am at 6500 feet elevation and I think this has been a factor in why it hasn't worked for me.

Posts: 123 | From Tahoe | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been using my chamber daily for about two months now. I go in daily for somewhere between an hour and an hour and a half.

I still get what I'd describe as a bone ache at the hour and a quarter mark. It feels like something I suppose. My neck and back also feel awfully stiff when I emerge.

I would ascribe that to herxing.

As others have written, I don't feel miraculously better, not immediately. But it's fair to say my head is clearer, and the anxiety symptoms that I get from my Bartonella have lessened. It's also easier for me to wake up on schedule, and get out of bed in the mornings. That's always been a struggle for me.

I felt like my personality disappeared into the void when I got sick. I became something of a zombie.

I hope that's getting better.

(edit)

I should mention, I'm down to one medication. And that's real progress.

Posts: 146 | From Virginia | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Charles12! Long may the improvements continue! Slowly but surely.
Posts: 1684 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
willbeatthis, Yes, he wanted me to reach 2 hrs all at once. I don't think I will do that. I may do the 45 X 2. Not sure. Yes, you have the right dr.

I'll have to ask him about his other patients and the time they use.

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All: Bryan- I wish all of your family wellness.

Charles12- I had some bone aching and when i'm about at the hour to hour and 30 I get pain in my most hard hit areas. I view it as herxing too.

I've tried to go back to an hour but it seems 90 minutes is the best for me. I think you have to figure that part out. It sounds like you have had great improvement.

HW88 - it was because of hearing your doc had recommended longer than an hour, I tried the 90- now, I would not advise anyone to go beyond the hour - this is just me. I have found it to be helpful.

Digby went back to an hour, so like him, I will have to see how it continues to go. Like lyme, this too is personal. Any luck with your headache? I pray so- Hugs! WBT

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

How are you KGG? I pray well- and the rest of this O2 team- Keep Diving!
Charles12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by willbeatthis:
I've tried to go back to an hour but it seems 90 minutes is the best for me. I think you have to figure that part out.

I live at altitude now, but I had the same experience when I lived closer to sea level. I didn't feel a noticeable reaction till I hit the hour and half mark.
Posts: 146 | From Virginia | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks, Charles. This is a real help. Yes it seems 90 minutes here in Charleston is my sweet spot.

Thanks for the feedback! It helps a lot! I hope you are doing well!

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, I wonder if elevation plays a role in the time of the 'sweet spot?'

I've finally had a few better days in a row again. I think my crash was from the klonopin drop and it just took 2 MONTHS to get back to base level.

The best is yet to come......

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Thanks for asking, Willbeatthis. Just started diving again yesterday. The house move had me missing almost 2 months of diving. I had just got it set back up, dove 3 times and came down with a cold. Missed another 3 weeks. Then we had a wind storm that knocked the power out for 3 days. So I feel like I am starting back a square one. And I have that heavy tired feeling. The one I hate. So I begin again....
Jesse2233
Member # 50818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse2233     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wanted to share some progress...

I have done 43 dives so far..

- Increased energy
- Have gone from ~2k steps a day to 4.5k (see Fitbit data https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjm594fga5efig8/Screenshot%202017-11-07%2016.11.54.png?dl=0)
- Can now drive for several hours

- Better sleep
- Feeling somewhat more rested waking up
- Higher percentage of REM / Deep sleep on Fitbit

- Reduced brainfog
- Can start to do things for my business again
- Can more easily watch high intensity movies (saw Thor and Bladerunner in theatres, would've been way too intense before)

- Reduced muscle twitching

I hope these benefits continue!

Thank you phoiph!

Posts: 16 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All
I am looking in to Oxygen Concentrators (Airsep Newlife Intensity 10)
I can get one for under a thousand used but they have thousands of hours on them and I am wondering if they are any good?
A new one is a little more expensive with no hours

Does anyone have any experience with the used ones or an opinion on new vs used?
Thanks

Posts: 261 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Hominahomina, I don't have experience or an opinion on this. I don't even know what hour count is consider out of limits. So I too am interested in this info. Part of me would like new, not knowing how or where it was stored and used etc. But my pocketbook sure would like to buy a used one.

Hopefully, someone will chime in with an answer.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesse2233~
Great start! Just be sure to continue "low and slow", and resist the temptation to overdo because you are doing a bit better. This can lead to a crash in the early stages...

Hominahomina~
Through the resource I shared with you, you can sometimes get a refurbished AirSep concentrator with lower hours...can also be a demo unit or short term rental unit...it just depends on what comes in. These are usually around $900-$1,000 with a 2 year warranty. You can also ask to be put on a waiting list for one, but no telling how long it might be.

These units are designed to run 24/7 for years, so having a few thousand hours is not a lot in terms of the useful life of the unit. That said, the fewer the hours the better, and if you can afford it, for a few hundred dollars more ($1395), you will have a brand new one with a 3 year warranty.

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24729

A small update.

I'm herxing consistently now.

My neck will grow stiff, and throb. The purple streaks have returned to my upper back. They run almost parallel to my spine on either side.

Some days I feel breathless, as if I have to fight for air.

My hands, and perhaps my forearms, will ache. And I feel somewhat grumpy.

My head is clear though and the inflammation in my lymph nodes has receded.

kgg
Member # 5867

Charles12, you sound like your body is working on Bartonella. When my young adult son was briefly diving, a stiff neck is what he had for a herx reaction too.

I am glad you are seeing small signs of progress too! Hang in there. They will increase.

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I would pop in and say hello to all the mHBOTers, welcome the new divers and give a little update.

I'm feeling fantastic and would say I'm at 100% so I'm going next month to have all my tests run one last time in hopes they are all normal and I can move on to improving the residual damage the LD left behind.

I'm still working full time which equates to 10 hour days 5 days a week, I start off with a 2.5 mile walk in the morning with the dogs, and another 1.5-2 miles on my lunch hour of walking, 3 days a week on weights and a lot of after work activities and fun.

My most recent accomplishment was a 8.5 miles hike that did leave me sore for a few days but worth getting back on the trails. I also completed another 5k a week before the hike.

Jesse2233 your progress sounds much like mine in the beginning and I crashed at dive 56 pretty hard but still had good days in between the herxing.

Forgive me for I don't know all the new divers names [Smile]

For the one with a stiff neck, I also suffered with that and over time it resolved.

I'm so excited to see more divers having success and telling your stories. If you follow Phoiph's guidelines you will have success, it will take everyone a different amount of time to achieve wellness but it possible.

Thank you Phoiph for continuing to donate your time to this therapy and educating those who are searching for a natural cure. You definitely changed my life in January 2015 [bow]

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24729

quote:
Originally posted by Peimomma:
I'm feeling fantastic and would say I'm at 100% so I'm going next month to have all my tests run one last time in hopes they are all normal and I can move on to improving the residual damage the LD left behind.

You've been using your chamber for two years?
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peimomma~

I'm sooooo happy for you...and glad I had the opportunity to help...but you did the work!

Also, thank you for again for contributing your progress documentation and videos. I truly hope you continue to post your videos from time to time for everyone here!

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles12

Yes. I started treating 1 Feb 2015. If you haven't seen my 10 short videos from day one of treatment to 6 months after beginning work, here's the link.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCq8tswWaaBy6qZwCbXRMKnw

I have less than 100 treatments since my 2 year mark of Feb 2017 and rarely get in my chamber these days. At most I treat on the weekends for general health but I think it's been almost 3 weeks since my last dive. My total 1 hour dives with the oxygen mask is 907 to date.

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kgg I am investigating the availability of good used concentrators I will let you know
Posts: 261 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse2233
Member # 50818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse2233     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph - good point on not doing too much. Think I had a mini crash yesterday where my head felt inflamed after too much activity over the previous 3 days. It's so hard not to go out and start living again, but I have to remind myself this is a marathon not a sprint.

Peimomma - Thanks for sharing that. I'm on dive 52 now, so close to where you were when you started Herxing. How long did that period last? And at what point did you start having sustained uninterrupted progress?

Posts: 16 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse2233
Member # 50818

Als Peimomma... do you think there's a chance that your crash was in part from oxygen toxicity from diving 2x a day? I'm watching your third video and you say that it got better when you went back to 1x a day
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Jessee2233

No, my dives were only 60 minutes in length and at least 6 hours between each dive. I read before I began that the O2 only last 4-6 hours from a soft chamber as its not 100% pure oxygen.

It got better when I went to 1 dive a day because I want having as much die off happen.

The herxing period lasted about 3 months and then I started feeling better in May and even having a few great days. From May until August I was doing really well and then I had a month long set back from stress and fatigue. It was up and down for another month and then I started making good progress.

I had a few set backs but always rebounded stronger. It's like layers being peeled away and you just have to be patient and stay the course. This is why a daily journal is so important, you can look back at the ups and down and make changes if necessary.

Jesse2233
Member # 50818

Thanks Peimomma that makes sense, and it's good to know on the amount of time needed between dives

Interesting on the layered healing. the body certainly has it's own wisdom

Did you track steps during your recovery?

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

What do you mean by tracking steps? literal walking steps LOL
Charles12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24729

This is a strange thing to write, but my personality is coming back. Or my sense of humor is at least.

I started diving around August 20th, and I've been using it daily ever since.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

it's so good to read everyone's updates! I've been having good days again. It took a little over 2 months to climb out of my klonopin decrease crash.

I will post one success today (although there are many small successes)

I hadn't slept through the night in over 8 years. Since starting mhbot, I've had 3 episodes of sleeping through the night. The first 2 lasted 4 nights. This last one lasted 6 nights. I know this might sounds crazy, but for someone that hasn't slept through the night in YEARS, even one night of being able to fall asleep and not wake until morning is amazing.

I'm hoping more of that will come!

Oh, I too get a stiff neck. I also believe it is my bart.

[Smile]

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Charles12 that is exactly what I started to notice too. I started to laugh again and find joy in having conversations with people whereas in the past I avoided eye contact so I wouldn't have to waste energy talking to anyone.

HW88 that is great news and only those that have suffered chronic insomnia can truly understand the excitement. I'm so happy for you. Stay the course it only gets better.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Me too, Charles12.

Although I still felt beyond horrible for quite some time, I noticed a faint glimmer in my mental state that began to come and go.

I had no idea at the time if that glimmer meant anything (or if it was just another cruel joke), but over time, I got myself back...(and I think it is actually an improved version...LOL).

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Yay, I can chime in that I am laughing again too!

HW88 so glad to hear you are beginning to sleep through the night!!! [sleepy]

Jesse- hang in there... there are definite ups and downs but don't be discouraged. You tend to rebound stronger [Smile]

PEIMOMMA! Oh happy day! So happy to see you here and that you are working 5 10 hour days basically and only treating a couple times a week - WOW!! I am so happy to hear this.... [woohoo]

Charles, good to hear you are making such progress too. I don't have much to report but I think I am on an upward trend. You do have to balance treatment with herxing as the veterans will tell you....

Thank you all for your continued support.... I am almost at ten months of daily dives (minus about three days of illness - congestion). [Cool]

KGG... Hopefully you are on an upward trend too now. I am glad you are better from that cold/ illness.

Phoiph- SO good to always hear from you! I am still so grateful for PEIMOMMA and YOU! [bow] I am hoping for an improved version [Smile]

Dive on Team! You ROCK! [group hug]

Jesse2233
Member # 50818

Thank you Willbeatthis! I appreciate the encouragement!

Peimomma lol yea I mean walking steps. i have a FitBit that counts them, wondering if you did too

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Hahahahaha

Yes, I actually logged in my journal when I started hitting my 10,000 steps in a day and days I fell short.

Jesse2233
Member # 50818

Oh cool! at what point did you hit 10k steps?
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

The end of April was my first 10k day 4/27/15 at dive 123. Up until that point I was walking 30 minutes a day on the treadmill.
Charles12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24729

Some days are better than others. I'm still getting the occasional headache, they start behind my right eye, and they're something else when they happen.

I also, still, have periods of anxiety.

On the whole though, I'm feeling better. The swelling in my lymph nodes has disappeared. And just I feel more like me.

That's been really welcome.

kgg
Member # 5867

Charles12, I am so happy to hear of your improvement. I have had those headaches behind my right eye before. Not fun, in the least. I hope that the anxiety is another symptom you can say you no longer get very soon!
Jesse2233
Member # 50818

I have a cold (sore throat and mild sinus congestion) for the first time since being ill. Not sure if this is from mHBOT waking up my immune system, me accidentally overdoing it last weekend, or just coincidence.

Anyone else experience this?

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Jesse2233...

Usually this is a good sign. Just be sure you don't dive if your ears are congested and you can't clear them. You shouldn't have pain in your ears when diving...if you do, reduce the pressure immediately!

Also, don't dive if you're running a fever.

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Jesse2233

I had my first cold at the end of my first year of diving (dive 395). I made the mistake of going through the hour dive and when I went to decompress I became extremely dizzy, the chamber was spinning and I almost passed out. After we got the chamber unzipped I had to crawl out and lay on the floor for 20 minutes until things got better. I was very nauseous and didn't feel better until the next morning.

Be very cautious when you have a cold or sinus issues.

Jesse2233
Member # 50818

thanks Phoiph and Peimomma [Smile]

I'm gonna skip the next couple days while my sinuses are impacted and just treat with normobaric oxygen

Happy thanksgiving!

Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the size of the brass "screw" that the tubing goes through?
Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Jolley~

Are you looking for the brass screw to plug the port? If so, I would call the technician at Oxyhealth 877.789.0123 and see if they will send you one.

If you are looking for part of the "hook up kit", the oxygen concentrator vendor that I refer people to has the pass through parts you need.

He includes the "hook up kit" when you buy a concentrator, but he will sell the kit or parts separately as well. He may also know the size and type of screw.

I just emailed you the vendor's contact information.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Hi everyone,

I know it's a few days past thanksgiving, but I wanted to tell you all how grateful I am for this team.

I feel like I'm back and base level and hopefully will continue seeing improvements. I had 2 quick questions.

1. How do I clean the filter on the oxygen concentrator and how often?

2. Did anyone else notice weight gain after starting mhbot? Before becoming extremely ill and figuring out I had lyme, I was about 20 lbs over weight. I was going to the gym 5 days a week and was very diligent about my caloric intake. This is what I had used to lose weight after all my babies and it worked. But it WOULD NOT BUDGE.

Fast forward to when life crashed around me. My gastroparesis went crazy, I lost over 30 lbs because I was only eating about 400-600 (good day) calories a day.

Now I can eat better. I don't feel like I eat a lot, but the weight just keeps adding. At first I was happy for the lbs so I didn't look so sickly, now... not so much.

The weight gain seems to correlate with the time I started mhbot. not sure if it's because I can eat better, or what. BUT, the weight still doesn't want to come off.

Is this a metabolic issue caused by lyme? Or something to do with mhbot? Any thoughts in the matter would be helpful. I don't want an unhealthy weight to deter my goal to health.

Again, thank you all so much. I'm a mhbot believer and believe I will get completely better following the mhbot/eating/graded exercise that is suggested.

Charles12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24729

quote:
Originally posted by HW88:
Did anyone else notice weight gain after starting mhbot?

I've noticed some weight gain. I don't know if related though.

I have started running again so hopefully that will even things out.

kgg
Member # 5867

I have an old Regalia with a black filter that sits on the top. I wash it in the sink with warm soapy water. When I am good it is once a week. When not on top of things once a month. But I keep a cloth napkin over it so it doesn't sit there and collect dust.

I did not notice weight gain when I started diving. But I had chronic appendicitis so I did not have much appetite and food just ran through me.

Lyme/borrelia loves the thyroid. I am like you, I do not lose weight when I want to. I can exercise and my clothes will fit differently, better. But my scale won't budge. I always attributed that to my thyroid.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Charles, I can't wait to be in a place that I can start running again. I miss it.

kgg, I think our equipment is different. I'll have to look at mine. Maybe I should read the manual [Wink] LOL

I've had my thyroid extensively tested and it always comes out fine. Although I wonder sometimes because thyroid issues (siblings with cancer, goiters, etc.) Run far in my family tree.

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88, which O2 Concentrator do you have?
Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atxlyme
Member # 50287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atxlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking to try doing hyperbaric chamber treatment in Austin, TX. I've heard the type of machine you use makes a great difference. Could anyone help point me in the right direction of which facility to use?
Posts: 21 | From Austin, TX | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

HW88~

A couple of thoughts about the weight gain.

First, as your gut heals with mHBOT and diet, you will start absorbing nutrients/calories again.

Second, when you had gastroparesis, consumed only 400-600 calories/day and lost 30 lbs., your body likely went into starvation mode which slowed your metabolism.

As you get better, you can very gradually add light resistance training to build muscle mass, which will help increase metabolism. Also, be sure to eat enough protein.

About your concentrator filter. If you have the AirSep, just remove the mesh filter on the back (ideally once a week or so), wash it in warm, soapy water, rinse and air dry thoroughly overnight before replacing.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

atxlyme~

The type of chamber you are using (e.g., hard vs. soft), is not as important as the degree of pressure (mild), whether you are using supplemental 02, and the length and consistency of your sessions over time.

Most of us here are using home chambers, because chronic conditions like Lyme require daily, consistent, long-term treatment, which is not usually cost effective in a clinical setting.

Some people feel more comfortable experiencing their initial sessions in a clinical setting, however. If so, make sure the staff allows you to work up slowly to the full hour session over time/multiple sessions. Often, clinicians are not aware of how sensitive people with chronic Lyme can be to this powerful therapy.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Phoiph, I do have the airsep. Thank you!

The thoughts on weight are interesting. Hopefully with time, my metabolism will increase.... as well as my endurance for exercise.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

HW88~

It will in time...but don't rush anything!

Not a good idea to cut calories while you're healing; be sure to continue to eat lots of good fats and protein.

Maybe look into the keto diet as per Digby...

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Also...

When cleaning your Airsep filter...it is very easy to forget to put it back in the concentrator; and running it without is not at all good for it.

I put a sticky note on the front of my concentrator whenever I remove the filter to remind myself...:)

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks phoiph, I'm not planning on 'dieting' for weight right now. I'm just so happy I can eat better.

I'm going to work on my diet for health and nutrients.. I will continue looking into the keto diet. It is far from what I eat right now, so I might just have to make small changes at a time.

Good idea about the sticky note...

atxlyme
Member # 50287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atxlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried other oxygen therapies like ozone or EWOT, and if so how did they compare to your experiences with this?
Posts: 21 | From Austin, TX | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
atxlyme....I'm not sure who you are asking but I have done extensive Ozone therapies and tried to do EWOT. These therapies have their place but nothing helped me more than mHBOT.
Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Has anyone started mhbot on antibiotics and then weaned off them? When did you wean off them?

I'm currently doing 4 days on, 3 off, but after taking antibiotics for over a year and a half, they start to feel like poison....

Just curious if anyone had helpful advice.

reminder
Member # 48228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reminder   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mhbot with antibiotics?

yes....I did for months and felt it made the abx more potent?

however,my gut started healing and felt it was working again after I stopped the abx and just went chamber only.

hope this helped)

--------------------
Chronic Lyme

Posts: 36 | From Florida | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

HW88, I know what you mean when you say they start to feel like poison. My hat is off to you for making it that long. After 30 days, my gut and body say no more!

I have not taken antibiotics with the mHBO, so I can't help with the weaning. I would hope that mHBO would help the process.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

I'm noticing I feel better on the days I don't take my antibiotics. I'm on a 4 day on, 3 day off.

I don't know if that means I need to keep taking antibiotics and I'm herxing, which I hate, but I guess is good???? Or if I would heal faster without the antibiotics messing up my gut.

I go back to my Dr. in early January. I think I'm going to see what his thought are on doing a 3 month break of antibiotics and see if I keep progressing without them.

Thanks everyone.

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

HW88, FWIW, I was much improved on mHBO after stopping antibiotics.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

I was not on antibiotics when I started mHBOT, but have had the opportunity to work with a lot of people who were.

Generally, it seems the most successful plan is to stay on whatever antibiotics you are already on when starting mHBOT. Then, once you have gained enough stability and strength through extended mHBOT, begin to VERY GRADUALLY wean off of the meds, one at a time (with practitioner's supervision), while continuing mHBOT.

If done slowly (as to not shock your body), many people will begin to make strides forward in their healing after this process, as the body can begin to traverse the layers of toxins and heal the gut, etc.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks everyone. Stopping one med at a time makes sense. I didn't think about that.

I started them one at a time, It makes sense to stop them one at a time.

I've been having relatively good days... or at least more relatively good than bad days.

Thanks everyone!!!

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Does anyone here have any experience with Newtowne Chambers specifically the class 4 27 inch?
Thanks

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

I have a newtowne, but it is military 34". I really love it.
kgg
Member # 5867

Ditto to what HW88 said.
Jesse2233
Member # 50818

Wanted to report that I'm continuing to have ups and downs and still have a lot of symptoms... but...

Since my first dive on 9/20/17 (80 dives total) my TNFa has gone down substantially, 77 to <5; Ref <22, and my NKC function has gone up 9 to 22; Ref 7-125.

Of course correlation is not causation, but previously my TNFa had been steadily inching up.

kgg
Member # 5867

Love hearing about improved lab markers! I hope that you have more up days than downs going forward.
Jesse2233
Member # 50818

thank you kgg, same to you!
Tickboy
Member # 48796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tickboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone! I used to post on here as Lymeboy. But then I had a freakout and deleted my account! Anyway I am back. I have a LOT to say. But for the moment I will just say that I've been doing MHBOT for over a year and I can report amazing results. Mind you, I didn't get where I am with just the chamber alone. But in conjunction with everything else I've done to get where I am, it has been a friggin miracle. Literal miracle. I am not "cured" but Iam in better physical shape than ever and I feel grateful and healthy every day and still going at it. It's late, so I'm gonna cut it short, but I will be checking in to help out and answer questions for anyone looking for their path. (We are all different and what worked for me may not for others)
I had a bad case of neuro Lyme. I had heart issues, fatigue, severe shivering chills, and over the course of 6 years or so, I had every damn symptom lyme can throw at you! Today I am winning the battle. Let's hope it is for good.

It can be won. For me, I wouldn't be alive if I hadn't undergone a complete change of lifestyle and way of thinking. Sounds like a lot but it is the simplest part of all this Lyme business.

Posts: 7 | From Southern CA | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Tickboy/Lymeboy, Congratulations on your success treating with mHBOT. It has turned my life around. From wheelchairs and home bound to hiking and biking! Yet, I can also say that I am far from fully healed. It's an interesting journey.

I don't think mHBOT is a complete cure for everyone but it raises the baseline health enough that other treatments are well tolerated. Figuring out those other treatments to get to full health can be an ongoing challenge but much more manageable when you are coming from a body that has some energy and a mind that can think clearly!

Keep up the good work!

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Lymeboy! Great to hear from you. And I love your good report. I have thought of you often. So good to know you are now in a good place, and also in California!

Keep in touch with us!!!!

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  56  57  58   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement