LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 32)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  56  57  58   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88~

This sounds like a "speed bump".

Moving is very stressful. It likely took a lot of reserves, and your body is now wanting you to slow down so it can recover.

Have you made any other major changes (e.g., stopping/starting meds, supplements, travel, stress level, foods, etc.)?

Even changing diet (for the better) can have an effect.

My best advice would be to keep things as stable as possible, rest, do your chamber, eat well, and don't overdo. Give your body the time and resources it needs to restore its reserves.

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot and totally agree with Phioph. Moving is very stressful. True but almost sounds like an understatement (no criticism intended). I am going to our closing today. People tell me that this process was fast. It felt never ending. And I am still looking at boxes that are not unpacked. Where is my coffee maker??!!

I have hit a level of fatigue that I have not felt in years. Hang in there, HW88. We will bounce back from this and be the better for it!

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree!!! Luckily I felt my best during the actual move part.

I have to confess despite phoiph's suggestion of waiting to decrease my klonopin, I did decrease it by . 12. It's been about 5 weeks and I haven't bounced back yet... I just want off it SO BAD! I don't know why, but I feel like my brain will heal better without it.

I'm really not sure how long a withdrawal 'speed bump' could last, but from what I've read it can be a while. I'm down to .5 mg.

Good news: before I dropped I had felt the best I had in YEARS!!! Bad news: withdrawal STINKS!

Thanks for the encouragement.... I'm hanging in here. It's so hard to go backwards (mentally).

Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you both feel better soon HW88 and Kgg!
Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HW88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks jolley. How are you?
Posts: 798 | From Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88, if you are trying to wean off of Klonopin then consider yourself very strong even though you feel weak. From what I have read that is a very difficult thing to do.

Willbeatthis, where are you? Haven't heard from you for a while. I hope that you are doing OK

Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

thank you kgg. It is a miserable drug.
Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88 I'm doing well these days. Thank you for asking [Smile] Excited more and more people are starting their mHbot journey. Glad we're here for each other too; it's a tough road.
Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww... KGG and Phoiph... Thanks for asking and I must apologize as I really must check in time to time no matter what. We are in this together.

I have been dealing with thyroid meds being adjusted and truthfully, it has been a roller coaster of the last 8-9 weeks. My temp is finally at 98 in the morning- up from 96.2. That is a big deal for me. On top of this, I have never been so busy as a college consultant. So balls in the air- yes and MHBOT helping to make it possible - WITHOUT A DOUBT!

I have been doing the chamber every day no matter what. I will tell you that I have had days better than I have ever had which is terrific but there are also days where I am still going through so to speak. My husband may take a job out of town, I don't think I will move; however, it has been VERY stressful. He is my rock.

HW88- I a sorry to hear that you have had the back stepping of late and I have no doubt it was probably the stress of the move too. I am not sure other than a death of a loved one that there is anything much more stressful. I am remembering the charts I used to look at when studying counseling but it has been sometime. So... there are likely others.... but goodness, I am glad that is over for you.

Klonopin is something. They had me on it years ago prior to lyme when I was trying to get my sleeping habits back to normal after all nighters in grad school-- well, that stuff, geesh, I was on a very minimal dose and literally could sleep until 3 in the afternoon - so they got me off it and put me on Ambien and then I had to get off of that. My cousin was on Klonopin for anxiety all through the day and until the doctor got her off of it-- the poor girl was honestly, not doing well-- which of course, I understood with my brief experience.

I think listening to your doctor and weaning off if you can is very smart. Inherently, I think we know what we need to do as you said you didn't think your brain would heal without getting off it. Trust your inner wisdom and it seems you are being prudent and doing this the right way. I know you will get back.

I've had speed bumps too and now into my 9th month of daily dives. I am so grateful to this thread and to Phoiph, Digby, KGG and all...

I will catch up with the thread soon!! Thanks for thinking of me...

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Thanks for checking in, Willbeatthis!
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Good to hear how you are doing. Thanks for the encouragement. I was given Klonopin for sleep also--due to lyme. I think it helped for a few months and after that, I don't think so.

I'm weaning slowly. I think it really will take me another year.

I 'think' I'm starting to come out of my backward steps. I say that cautiously, but the last 2 days have been better than the last month... [Smile]

Thanks for the encouragement. Hope everyone else is moving in the right direction. [Smile]

shoelover414
Member # 50891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shoelover414     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph - I tried to reply with my contact info but it says your mailbox is full. I would like to speak you regarding a chamber. Is there another way to contact you? Terrie

--------------------
TK

Posts: 1 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Oct 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, shoelover...I will empty the mailbox. Please try again.
Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

HW88, so glad to hear that you are starting to turn the corner!
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All
I have a question
I just had my fifth dive in one of the smaller chambers
(This is the first time in this smaller chamber)
After the dive I had die off but this time I have experienced pressure in the head and a ringing in the ears ( kind of a buzz)
The only two things I did different was the smaller chamber and I took a cilantro capsule in the morning

Any ideas?
Thanks

Posts: 261 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hominahomina...The size of the chamber won't make any difference unless you are claustrophobic.

The cilantro however, can redistribute mercury into the central nervous system which could cause your symptoms.

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Homina~

I assume you were taking the cilantro to assist with detox?

My understanding is that cilantro helps mobilize toxins from cells, but does not help remove them from the body.

My concern is that with the combination of cilantro and mHBOT, you released toxins faster than your body could remove them, causing reactions.

I personally would not take cilantro supplements with mHBOT. It already does a great job of moving toxins out of cells, and assisting your organs of detoxification to remove them in a timeframe which your body can handle (if you start out slowly and carefully enough).

IMO, the best way to assist detox when doing mHBOT is through a clean, gut healing/nerve rebuilding diet and carefully graded exercise (e.g., starting with yoga) to move lymph. Also, don't forget how important it is to stay hydrated.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I think you are right
What about cilantro between dives?
Thanks

Posts: 261 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

I vote no, unless used as a spice in food.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Are you breathing supplemental oxygen, or just using pressure during your soft chamber sessions?
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

supplemental oxygen
I am breathing that
Thanks

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

This is an oxygen concentrator question
While diving the concentrator automatically shut off

The owner said it was something about the level of oxygen or something they shut it off and turned it back on again

Is this typical behavior from a Oxygen concentrator ?
Here is the brand
Airsep Newlife Intensity
Thanks

Phoiph
Member # 41238

No, it is not typical, but it does happen for the following reasons. Did you hear an alarm?

It could have alarmed/shut down due to:

1. Power outage or interruption
2. Kinked tubing or other blockage
3. Lower than 85% oxygen purity
4. High/Low Pressure output
5. High temperature

It could have been incidental, but if it continues to happen, I would ask them if they can explain why it is happening, and when it was last serviced.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

I asked the owner of the machine
She said it started beeping because the oxygen concentration was at max or above which would be a 10 or above setting
She said when they adjusted it to about 8 there was no longer a beep

[ 10-07-2017, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Hominahomina ]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

The higher the LPM (liter per minute) flow setting, the greater the drop in oxygen purity.

If you add the backpressure of the chamber to that formula, the unit has to work harder to produce LPM flow, and so purity may drop at a lower LPM threshold. The age and hours on the unit may also affect performance. Other factors like temperature and humidity play a role too.

So what likely happened was.... the LPM (liter per minute) setting was set high enough that, due to the backpressure of the chamber, the unit was pushed beyond its capacity to maintain 85% oxygen purity, and the oxygen monitor alarm sounded/the unit shut down. When they dialed the LPM down to 8, it reduced the flow demand on the unit, allowing it to raise oxygen purity back up somewhere above 85%.

Other brands of concentrators work differently, but AirSep New Life Intensity 10 concentrators should never be set above 8 - 8-1/2 LPM when used with a home chamber.

That said, I have not known one to alarm if accidentally set higher when used with a home chamber (actually, it should go into an "on demand" mode to conserve purity).

In this case, although you can't be sure how efficiently the unit is functioning, at least you know it is equipped with a oxygen purity monitor alarm, which will alert you if the purity drops below 85%.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks

I am planning on installing the chamber in my minivan
since I don't have space anywhere else

I am wondering if there are people out there that would pay for a mpbile HBOT service

That might be a good side business

Just a thought

jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been reading about brucellosis as my son has tested positive several times for this and it is a dormant/ relapsing pathogen. I just read an article that it is killed by the body creating an "oxidative burst". Does MBOT have the potential of creating this. Anybody with brucellosis using MBOT?
Posts: 98 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi jcarlnew~

Here is an article which states under the mechanisms of action that HBOT helps with the
oxidative burst:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3862713/

A video of oxidative burst in action created by the body:

https://www.cellsalive.com/nbt.htm

jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Phoiph
Posts: 98 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Hey phoiph ( or anyone else that had sleep issues that resolved)

I remember you saying you had severe insomnia. I was wondering if you are sleeping through the night now?

I know it's better, but I was wondering if you sleep from the time you go to bed to the time you wake up in the morning.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

HW88
It is too soon to say but my sleep seems to be imrproving but I do a lot of other things for sleep

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

what do you do for sleep hominahomina?
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

This is my current schedule
Big meal at beginning of day not end
Magnesium at sleep time
Rena Food at beginning of day by standard process
Regular exercise
Gaba at sleep time
Ashwaganda at sleep time
Grounding helps alot at sleep time
I think the diving helps too but not sure yet
16 hours before I go back to sleep
Sometimes I have to use pharmaceuticals
If you have any questions let me know

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Two things I notice after five dives
My appetite is slightly higher
My old root canal is starting to hurt
Thanks

kgg
Member # 5867

I have gone through stages of increased and decreased appetite. Can't say I have had old root canal teeth hurt. But have had others hurt. But Lyme does that.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by HW88:
Hey phoiph ( or anyone else that had sleep issues that resolved)

I remember you saying you had severe insomnia. I was wondering if you are sleeping through the night now?

I know it's better, but I was wondering if you sleep from the time you go to bed to the time you wake up in the morning.

Yes, I had extreme insomnia for years when I was ill. I do sleep well through the night most of the time now (unless my dog wakes me up...lol).

I think I have mentioned before that restoration of sleep took a long time and improvement was a gradual process. My neuro/HBOT expert friend explained to me that sleep architecture is very complicated, and requires many areas of the brain and body to be in synch.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

I think the old root canal pain has something to do with the dives time will tell
Jesse2233
Member # 50818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse2233     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
8 dives in at a clinic at 1.3 ATA, having improved slightly brainfog and energy. Got a long way to go but it's good to see some benefits

Thank you to Phoiph for helping me get set up with a chamber, mine is coming soon!

Posts: 16 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks phoiph. I remember you saying that about the brain and also that it was one of your last things to work out. I'm looking forward to good sleep... someday! [Smile]

Hominahomina, Sometimes I get 'pressure' in an old root canal of mine, but it happened before diving.. so not much help here.

Jesse, Welcome to the dive group. I had a bit of a honeymoon period when I started with a burst of energy I hadn't felt in YEARS.. it was so refreshing.

Continuing to make progress. I'm excited to hear your progress!

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi HH and Jesse! So glad things seem to be going well for you now.

Phoiph is an ANGEL on this EARTH! Yes, my appetite definitely increased. So much so, I make sure I do my dive earlier in the day as I will eat too much before bed otherwise generally.

HW88 seems I have hit a speed bump. You are in good company. Phoiph is so great... she keeps my chin up when I want to look down.

I am nearing 9 months of daily dives and yes, it has been one step forward two steps back and frustrating (and sometimes scary at times) as we have to trust those that have gone before us and that we can RECOVER... I think what scares us is when we go backward and because we all have been so ill for the most part-- it takes our breath away thinking OMG am I going back there.

I think at some level too like with teeth hurting... it is overwhelming to consider how deep these bugs go and I think on the positive, we need to thank GOODNESS and God that our immune system as Phoiph would say is online again.

Just a note for those that hit a speed bump. It is very tempting to get scared to death... and I am tough but when you have been so sick, I think we have to THINK Bigger than the FEAR.

Thank you all here for your constant support and encouragement. I too am having windows where I feel I am getting back to my old self. I find I am laughing easier etc. In essence, I am coming back PRAISE GOD and this team... Especially Phoiph.

I do have one question. Does anyone feel pressure in their quads and glutes when in chamber and then even vibrations after. That heaviness that has been described as babesia.

Interestingly enough, if I detox, the feeling mostly goes away. Praise God for that too...

Thanks, Team... YOU ALL ARE A GIFT! HUGS!

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Does anyone here have a Chamber for sale?

Thanks

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hi HH: I found mine on letgo of all places. I checked the specs with Phoiph. Have you talked to Phoiph about this? She has many wonderful connections. I hope you find one soon!
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Willbeatthis What kind of chamber did you get ?
How much did you pay?
Are you happy with it?
I hope Pholp will chime in on other options available

I am wondering if anyone has tried the Summit to sea Dive Vertical chamber

Thanks

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Willbeatthis~

Thank you as always for the kind words.

In addition to what we already talked about...are you taking enough magnesium? Do you add minerals to your water?

Are you over doing it with the exercise? IMO, if the rest of your life is more taxing than usual, cutting back on the heavier exercise temporarily to allow some recovery time might be in order...

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hominahomina~

Yes, I do know of some chambers for sale and rent/rent-to-own. You can PM me.

I would be careful re the upright chamber, as they have had issues in the past.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

I messaged you Phoip
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thank you, Phoiph. You are a sage advisor... thank you... cherished too [Smile] Gosh knows I hope you know that...

I am going to make sure I am getting enough minerals and cut back on exercise. Cannot thank you enough... you always seem to have the answers... like you have been here before [Wink] God bless you...

HH- I have an Oxyhealth Solace (the smallest chamber) I am very happy with. We paid I think 3,300.00 plus 900.00 shipping- it came from CA. I'm in SC. My husband gave it to me as a bday gift. This year I got a card [Wink] I tell him all the time, it was the best gift.... why try for something else [Wink]

This included the Air Sept Concentrator too so it was the whole deal. I checked everything out with Phoiph. It seemed to good a deal to pass up. A nurse with Lyme owned it and was an angel too.

If you aren't too big, the Solace is great. I am about 130 or so (5'5"). I don't know if my husband would be comfortable in it - he's 6 foot and 200 or so (I don't even know). Neither of us like a scale.

Okay, I hope this helps you. I think if I were doing it over again, I might do a Respiro. The size up just for a little more room. If I keep doing this in the foreseeable future, I think that is the route I will take via Phoiph's sources. Given that it is a daily thing with no seeming end at least for now, that is what I would do. If money is tight like mine was, I had to do what I could. Renting too is not a bad option as the nice gentleman Phoiph refers folks too puts the rent towards a chamber. That is a good option too... Thank God for options [Smile]

Thanks again, Phoiph. Off to take minerals! HUGS!

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Does anyone know how mhbot controls glutamate? DR. wants me to take a med that inhibits glutamate, but honestly, I don't want to take another drug that controls my brain chemistry.

Today is one of those days that I need to keep looking up. MAN, this disease is incredibly difficult.

Willbeatthis, I appreciated your words. And yes, we must trust the ones that have gone before us.

kgg
Member # 5867

A quick search showed that hyperbaric oxygen therapy decreases glutamate in the brain. But that was deep dives. There is not a lot of research on mild dives.

Willbeatthis, one of the top symptom that I abhor in this illness is the heavy leg feeling. Hope it passes quickly for you.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks Kgg. That's what I found too, but wasn't sure on mhbot. Kgg, are you treating with antibiotics as well or just mhbot?
Jesse2233
Member # 50818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse2233     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should give a little background myself for those tracking people's progress...

- 31 year old male

- sudden onset after flu-like illness in December 2016 (was in excellent health before)

- tested positive for mycoplasma pneumonia IgMs (from LabCorp and Quest), Bartonella IFA antibodies (from Galaxy), streptococcal antibodies (from MAYO), and Coxsackievirus B4 antibodies (from ARUP).

- test positive for the entire Cunningham Panel, a-1 adrenergic antibodies (POTS related), myocardial autoantibodies, and anti-smooth muscle antibodies

- elevated TNFa and PGE2a

- treated thus far with LDN, IVIG, supplements with modest results (was bedbound / housebound previously)

- have not yet taken any antibiotics

- negative IgenX / Western Blot / CDC for Lyme and other co-infections

- normal MRI, have not had SPECT

- no history tick bite or rash, no pain symptoms

- major symptoms are severe lack of physical stamina, POTS, brain fog, pervasive lightheadedness, unrefreshing sleep, exercise intolerance, mild chest pain, occasional muscle weakness

- Walk 1.5-4k steps a day. Cannot yet work or live independently (my two major goals! I'm ok with not running marathons [Razz] )

- 10 dives in @ 60m o f1.3 ATA w/ supplemental oxygen (over 3 weeks at a clinic, but I will be getting my own Vitaeris chamber soon and will use daily)

Posts: 16 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks willbeatthis

How old was your chamber when you bought it and how many dive hours did it have on it?

Thanks

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Pholph
You mentioned the upright chambers had some problems
What sort of problems?

Thanks

kgg
Member # 5867

HW88, I have used a lot of antibiotics in the past. None while I dive. One of the reasons why I bought the chamber was that I did not want to take antibiotics for the rest of my life, my stomach does not tolerate them.

Welcome, Jesse2233! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Over 50% of the people with Lyme do not recall a tick bite or a rash. So don't discount Lyme. You have had some interesting testing done. Some of which I am going to research.

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Kgg, that is one of the reasons I went to mhbot too is so I can eventually be off of antibiotics. I wish I could get a decent jump forward and I would feel better about stopping antibiotics.
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hw88 I think patience is key. When did you begin daily dives?

Homina- I know my chamber was a floor model(at Oxy befoe the nurse bought it)- but I don't know many hours honestly. I remember telling Phoiph the number of hours on the compressor with the reader on it and she said it wasn't many. The nurse didn't have a muffler on it either so quite frankly- I don't think there could have been many. She found success with Hortolf Med. In California with allergy like therapy and moved on pretty quickly from mhbot but the truth is- I don't really know.

I did call Oxy Health with the serial number before purchase and their had been no issues. I'd definitely do that if you find yourself in a similar spot. God speed!

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thank you willbeatthis. I'm hoping time and patience will pay off. I started diving early May, but it took 3 months to work up to 1 hr with oxygen.

So, I guess only 2 months of daily 1 hr with oxygen dives.

I've found that because this disease is so up and down I need a lot of reassurances. So thank you everyone for continuing to reassure me when things go south.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Is anyone using Summit to Sea Shallow Dive?
Thanks

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

willbeatthis
Do you know the year?
I am trying to compare yours with another
Thanks

Jesse2233
Member # 50818

Thanks kgg! Good point on the 50% w/o a bite or rash
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Hom Hom- It is 2010 - had to go back to my records and was 2700 with 900 shipping (From CA with Compressor- pretty heavy) So total of 3600.00 hope this helps you. To bed.... Amy
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Okay Thanks
That is helpful

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

How's it going Homina? I'm thinking of you! Hw88- you've just gotten started really. Hang in there. I know about the reassurance. I honestly think PTSD is a part of Lyme and Cos. God bless you and keep Diving!!
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

How's it going Homina? I'm thinking of you! Hw88- you've just gotten started really. Hang in there. I know about the reassurance. I honestly think PTSD is a part of Lyme and Cos. God bless you and keep Diving!!
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

It is going Okay Phoip is giving me leads for a chamber
I hope to have one soon

HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thanks willbeatthis. I know I struggle with PTSD. I have days that it doesn't bother me, but then out of the blue, I will pass a store, or see something and all the panic and trauma of this disease comes at me like a 5 ton truck.

I really have just started. Thank you for the reassurance.

QUESTION: My Dr. is suggesting join up in my dive time to 2 hrs. I remember there was a conversation on here at some point about dive times, but I'm horrible at finding what I want on this site. Can someone direct me to that conversation?

Charles12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HW88:

QUESTION: My Dr. is suggesting join up in my dive time to 2 hrs. I remember there was a conversation on here at some point about dive times, but I'm horrible at finding what I want on this site. Can someone direct me to that conversation?

I don't think there's any data unfortunately.

O2 is toxic to some bacteria, that's one of the reasons why hbot is effective, it's also toxic to the brain at higher concentrations though.

If you look at the brain injury studies, outcomes are better at lower pressure (1.5 ata) and outcomes are worse when patients go into the chamber too often, and for too long. They regress, unfortunately.That appears to be the result of oxidative stress. The same mechanism that kills bacteria.

Longer treatments times may help with your Lyme, but there may be downsides.

Posts: 146 | From Virginia | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

I am not in favor of diving 2x per day for chronic neuro-type illness like Lyme. IMO, it may upset the balance of free radical production (which is necessary to harm the pathogens), and antioxidant production by the body (that is necessary to protect our own cells from the free radicals), which could cause oxidative stress, especially in someone who is already compromised.

I agree with Charles in that it is useful to look to the brain injury models of mHBOT treatment from an expert like Dr. Harch for guidance with a neurological disease. Like any drug, there is a dosage "sweet spot" that the brain responds best to:

More is Better: The Recurrent Illusion of Higher Pressure HBOT in Chronic Brain Injury, by Dr. Paul Harch

www.wisconsinhyperbarics.com/research-pdf/more-is-better.pdf

Phoiph
Member # 41238

HW88~

The good news is that hyperbaric is being used with veterans to successfully treat PTSD:

http://treatnow.org

When I was in the early stages of recovery with mHBOT, I wondered how, even if my body were to become functional again, would I ever deal with the psychological fallout of going through 8 years of mental and physical torture.

I can tell you that, although it took time and came in stages, miraculously, I am able to talk about my experience, without reliving the trauma and experiencing psychological pain. I can only attribute that mental healing to mHBOT.

As I was recovering, I would sense that my emotional brain was healing on another level...without my conscious participation in the process.

You are just beginning with mHBOT. Given time, I am optimistic that the PTSD will work itself out just as it did with me, and has done so for others.

You are early in the process. Keep the faith...and if you can't, we will keep it for you!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

For those who have been trying to reach me~

I've been deluged with lots of calls and messages as of late...

If I haven't returned your message yet, I haven't forgotten to respond...just a little backlogged!

Thanks!

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HW88, FWIW, I upped my time from 1 hour to 90 minutes and STOPPED getting benefits. It took a while to figure it out but when I went back to 1 hour I continued to improve again.

If I were ever do that experiment again I would go to 2 X day and maybe reduce the time under pressure to 45 minutes.

However, the protocol that Phoiph has set up has helped in a number of cases now, so in my mind I see no reason to change it.

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

Thank you all. My heart is full with the support I find here. I find myself going in waves and when I need reassurances, you all are here.

I love diving. It's interesting because my hair is growing faster, my nails are stronger, and my gums are more pink. I notice little things like this and I know it's doing something.

It will work on the bigger issues too. TIME!

Thank you all!

jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After having problems with repairing window on my 06 Oxyhealth Respiro I laid off diving but still felt I was getting benefit from using my concentrater.

Looking at buying something new this time that I can get a 5 year warranty and affordable.

That brings me to looking at Newtowne and Summit to Sea. I know several years ago Oxyhealth had a false smear job on Summit to Sea that was cleared up after investigation.

Would love to hear any input be it pro or con of either of these manufactures.

Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HW88
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 48309

I have a newtowne. I like mine. I have had it for about 6 months.
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thsnks for the input HW. I notice where you can purchase new Newtowne's with warranty on Ebay plus they have an option to offer a lower price.

If anyone purchased one on ebay and they accepted your lower price would be curious about how much they came off asking price.

Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 58 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  56  57  58   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement