LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 21)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  57  58  59   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Peimomma and Phoiph, I appreciate your help.
Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jolley
Member # 46454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wanted to give a quick update. Just complete dive 203. I have really turned a corner over the past month. Brain fog is gone, stamina is strong and more consistently throughout the day, and anxiety is down. The lingering symptoms I have are intermittent and include nightmares, breathlessness ,fatigue, achy hips/spine (infrequent), chills (infrequent), blood pressure issues (which seem to be food related), and word finding issues (rare.)

Not sure if it is just because of diving for many months now, or figuring out that histamines were an issue, but either way I am really encouraged with the results I'm getting. For the past three months I have been able to dive everyday, which I wonder if the frequency and not missing 1 day a week, could have allowed for greater benefit. I have been able to walk most days recently and make it through the day without feeling like my body is made of sand or that I have to lie down immediately. If I could stay with this level of symptoms forever, I would be very very happy.

Posts: 64 | From Washington | Registered: Aug 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a nice post to wake up to!!!!
Posts: 120 | From Maine | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay... go Jolley!!! Took you a while!

My dr. is upping my time in the chamber. He wants me to work up to two and a half hours. I had been consistently doing an hour and a half.

I will try two hours but that is a long time to be stuffed in such a small space! [Frown] He said all his patients do better with two and a half.

I think my primary symptoms are Babesia and my dr. said the chamber doesn't seem to help Babesia directly.I recently started Mepron, and now things seems to be happening.

Another problem I have ( I am pretty sure) is a glutamate/gaba imbalance.

Not sure if mHBOT can help a chemical imbalance or not but it seems to help the gnawing nerve sensations in my head!! [Smile]

It will be a year in Nov. since I started the hyperbaric, and I am able to stay off lyme antibiotics without regressing.

How are you doing Monti?

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foxy Loxy
I've had to many interruptions to expect anything noticable yet. A quick summary...

The first 12 months I used a 02 concentrator that wasn't producing the 02 it was suppose to. I am unsure how much I actually was getting.

Month 13 I got a brand new air sep 02 concentrator which solved my problem but then my chamber ruptured which lead to a 2 week wait while it was repaired.

Month 14-16 another failure on my chamber (same general location) so another 2 week wait.

Months 16-19 I enjoyed 3 consecutive months with no interruptions using fully functioning equipment and then my chamber failed a third time. 5 days later (today) I did my first dive in my brand new chamber.

So I don't feel my results are worth reporting yet. Give me 6 months or better yet 1 year in fully functioning equipment and then ask me [Smile] . In other words ask me next September haha!

Posts: 120 | From Maine | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jolley
Member # 46454

Monti, congrats on your new chamber; surely this one will not have the issues of the last one. Did they figure out what caused the failures? How frustrating to be stalled due to equipment issues.

Foxy Loxy 2 hours is a long time. Keep us posted on the mepron, glad it seems to be working. Glad you've had enough success to stay of antibiotics. How did you figure out the glutamate/gaba issue?

As soon as I typed my happy message I got a call from my doctor that my C4a levels have gone up by 10,000 (now 22,000) in 4 months. Although I'm feeling better, I am so frustrated by this. I saw that high C4a is related to anaphylaxis which has been a big problem over the past year. Has anyone else had their C4a levels rise?

jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph/Others

I believe this has been talked about before but should you take antioxidants ie COQ10 etc while doing MBOT or any other type of suppliments if there is any oxidative stress

Posts: 99 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi jcarlnew...

As I understand it, if supplements are done in moderation it is probably OK (and not in lieu of a good diet).

The interference comes with the high dose antioxidant treatments, like IV vitamin C, glutathione, etc.

My HBOT/neuro friend and a neuro-pharmacologist are co-authoring a research paper on this topic as we speak. I will be sure to post it once it is published.

Posts: 1887 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
phoiph, check your email. Good news. THANK YOU!!

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcarlnew
Member # 45378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcarlnew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph, so do you take anything specific for MBOT?, not for other supplementation.
Posts: 99 | From Kalamamazoo,Michigan | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxy loxy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, Monti... sorry about all that! [Frown] I won't ask till next year!! [Smile]

Jolley, sorry about the C4a.. sorry, I can't help with that. I don't know much about it!

My dr. was beginning to put me on seizure meds. I began thinking maybe I was more physically anxious then what I realized. So I did a little googling and found l-theanine naturally boosts gaba.

I took it and what do you know???!!! my noise sensitivity is better and I don't startle as badly. I am quite bug eyed and whizzed up. I have been treating for five years without much help at all... I think my head even feels better!!!

I am so hoping this is my ticket. I am staring at a drug called Gabapentin trying to decide whether I am scared of it or not!!

If my problem is a chemical imbalance, I am not sure even lyme treatment would fix it... dunno.

Posts: 477 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spinning122
Member # 42223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spinning122     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been contemplating this issue of supplemental antioxidants interfering with oxidative therapies... doing a lot of reading scholarly articles lately.

I am aware of the hormetic response to this therapy etc. and am worried that my intake of vit c could possibly have gotten in the way of my treatment since I did two straight years of daily hour dives and I am still slowly, progressively getting worse...

Problem is I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because I have tried to go without supplementation and rapidly developed signs of scurvy which resolves or at least lessens when I take my daily 1g of vit c.

I understand that real food always trumps supplementation but I have severe intolerances that don't allow me to stomach much fresh veg/fruit. I try to time my supplementation as far away from dives as possible.

Is the 1g too much, in your opinion? (Phoiph or anyone else). Do any of you take supplements? Any input is appreciated!

I am honestly thinking about restarting abx again, if only for a brief period to get my infectious load down to a manageable stage again..the stress of fire disaster sent me into a spiral and I feel as sick (and in some ways worse) than when I started the treatment journey four or something years ago..

Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jcarlnew:
Phoiph, so do you take anything specific for MBOT?, not for other supplementation.

jcarlnew...

No, I don't take any supplement specifically related to mHBOT, and when I was very ill and when I was healing during the first years of mHBOT, I took no supplements/drugs at all (too chemically sensitive). Looking back, that may have helped in healing my gut.

Posts: 1887 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Jolley...

Your progress is very encouraging! I totally agree that increasing the frequency and consistency of your dives has made the difference.

About your raised C4a...I think there's still a lot that is unknown about interpreting these tests, especially when treating with mHBOT.

It seems some things improve while others appear to flare for awhile, until everything eventually settles down and improves. It is the "2 step forward, 1 step back" pattern.

It is also possible that you've had a recent exposure to something (e.g., mold), and your body is reacting.

I'm not at all saying to disregard the testing, but want you to remember that your clinical response has been very positive, and that is a very good sign.

Peimomma may be able to help more with the C4a questions.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by spinning122:
I have been contemplating this issue of supplemental antioxidants interfering with oxidative therapies... doing a lot of reading scholarly articles lately.

I am aware of the hormetic response to this therapy etc. and am worried that my intake of vit c could possibly have gotten in the way of my treatment since I did two straight years of daily hour dives and I am still slowly, progressively getting worse...

Problem is I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because I have tried to go without supplementation and rapidly developed signs of scurvy which resolves or at least lessens when I take my daily 1g of vit c.

I understand that real food always trumps supplementation but I have severe intolerances that don't allow me to stomach much fresh veg/fruit. I try to time my supplementation as far away from dives as possible.

Is the 1g too much, in your opinion? (Phoiph or anyone else). Do any of you take supplements? Any input is appreciated!

I am honestly thinking about restarting abx again, if only for a brief period to get my infectious load down to a manageable stage again..the stress of fire disaster sent me into a spiral and I feel as sick (and in some ways worse) than when I started the treatment journey four or something years ago..

Hi Spinning...

Well...IMO, if you have developed a Vitamin C dependency (which happens at different levels for different people), then at some point, it may have been too much for too long.

The question is, how to safely reverse the dependency...

I know of a neuro-pharmacologist that may be able to help with this...you can email me for his info if you like.

Of course it is difficult to say how much the high antioxidant intake has interfered with mHBOT. The neuro-pharmacologist is currently working on a research paper on that subject, so I'm sure he could address that question. I'll also be posting a link to the paper as soon as it is published.

About going back on antibiotics...I am wondering if you are sure it is infection you're dealing with, or could it be an ongoing inflammatory response flaring due to the stress of the fire and all you've been through lately?

I'm concerned that if you are having difficulty tolerating foods, will you tolerate antibiotics? Gut health is so important.

Looking back, I know you came a long way with mHBOT (getting off antibiotics, going back to school, painting again, etc.), but there was a point that things started to decline again (even before the fire).

I know you must have gone over and over this in your mind...but am wondering if you have any further insights as to what factors (besides the possible antioxidant connection...which I think is relevant) might have been thwarting your progress?

There are so many insightful and knowledgeable people here that can help brainstorm! Maybe a "sequence of events" would be helpful?

spinning122
Member # 42223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spinning122     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the input Phoiph, I really appreciate it. I am always grateful for your guidance and encouragement.

Regarding the Vit C dependency, yes I thought of that before. I imagine a slow taper would allow the body to acclimate.. I'm just wondering, are no other mhbot divers taking supplements besides me? I'm so confused! My health issues only improve when I add supplements, so I do not feel they are hurting me.

Yes I have been reviewing my notes and I can see a steady progression of new issues pop up and worsen when I decided on taking the abx break. My biggest improvements came with regular HBOT sessions which I responded to very, very well. And I started mHBOT during that upswing of finishing many deep dives combined with abx. But I wasn't able to keep/make more gains w/ the mild.

I am curious to see if I am one of those who needs the 2+hrs in the chamber that LymeMD recommends. I seem to do better with more intensive treatments.

I ended up with worsening chem sensitivity, food intolerances, mold intolerance, thyroid problems, gum disease, clumsiness, nerve issues etc. as time went by, despite my daily mhbot dives. I was off drugs and supplements for a good year during this time.

I kind of tried to fake it and go back to school, which was a disaster, and I never got to the painting because of severe chem intolerance.

I have had Lyme and co for 25 years now so I imagine that plays into this not being a simple straightforward case.

Anway, I will continue to dive but I am going to explore more options at this point..

Posts: 96 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jolley
Member # 46454

Thanks Phoiph, yes, progress is encouraging; I think I've just hit a two steps back patch. My doc is now wondering about heavy metals so I'm looking into that as well, but it could be mold again, who knows. Either way, I want to stay on the coarse with mHbot.
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings Fellow mHBOTers

I thought I would check in and give a brief update. I'm in my 21st month of treatment, 664 dives complete.

I have to admit I feel at 100% and have been extremely busy the last few months preparing our home to sell, packing and going through the house lightening our load to downsize into our new place. We have also been traveling between WA and AZ to check on our new home being built, so many irons in the fire and a lot of stress.

I have no issues but do want to continue my course of 2 years treating before I retest my labs.

In the meantime I will begin a new journey of testing my hormone levels due to my age (48) and physical changes I definitely attribute to perimenopause/menopause.

I hope to put up my next video by the end of November with updates, and maybe even a job prospect.

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Peimomma!!! You have encouraged me to share my progress.

I am at 548 dives over 2 years and I am much better.

The short version of my story is...

I rarely went out of the house. I went from walking to the mailbox with a cane and using a cart at Walmart, to walking/hiking up to 3 miles on local trails and riding a bicycle up and down hills for up to 6 miles.

I still have a long way to go as far as pain goes but I now have a life.

A big Thank You to Phoiph for helping to get me into mHBOT!

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

AWESOME updates! SO rewarding to hear...:)

I'd like to put our heads together and share thoughts/ideas for some of those who we haven't forgotten are still struggling...

Spinning & Haley? Care to give us an update?

spinning122
Member # 42223

Hello, yes so glad to read these positive updates.

I've made rapid progress with weekly multi-pass ozone MAHT combined with daily mHBOT. The ozone has brought about some incredible changes and I feel perhaps even a little better than my (crappy) baseline five months ago. Before the crisis, I had already been steadily going downhill in spite of daily mHBOT dives and needed to start taking herbs to control Babesia symptoms.

I am off herbs now, able to restart yoga and light weights. Strength increasing, toxicity/inflammation way down. Thinking better, able to feel (periods of joy and creative inspiration) again. Far from functioning normally but I would say that ozone+mHBOT pulled me up from a 10% to 50% within a couple of months.

Remaining symptoms include severe/worsening allergy/sensitivity/intolerance issues, migrating head face teeth/mouth/jaw neck pain and migraines, gut issues, fatigue, brain fog.

Am looking into jaw cavitations and parasites, both issues that I don't feel mild hyperbaric can touch.

Other things I have added that I found extremely helpful: binders like chlorella, Takesumi supreme, enterosgel. LDA for food/chem/inhal intolerances.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Spinning...

So glad to hear you're doing better and you've found a combination that's working for you.

Thanks for sharing that...it may benefit someone else...

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone.

I'm still not ready to give an update, but would like to share this young Man's story. It's not a short video, about 56 minutes.

I was so struck by this video because he finally gets some reprieve from HBOT, after going to many doctors and trying several different modalities of treatment. BUT HBOT did still not cure him.

Zack finally went to an ID doctor from Africa who found a specific parasite, which the doctor was able to treat with herbs (Zack doesn't know what was in the concoction). I did feel that I was making a lot of progress doing mHBOT and pharmaceutical anti-parasitics, I felt that I was on my way out of the abyss. I did not continue with that medicine because it will permanently destroy my gut. I'm hoping that has not already happened.

So, now I am trying to find an alternative way to treat parasites. Most natural methods were not strong enough to help my parasites.

My point is - if you are not getting well with mHBOT, get tested for parasites and/or treat them as aggressively as possible without destroying your gut.

Zacks story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN33zaiYpPs

This is from his blog:

http://thelymepost.blogspot.com/2016/06/my-treatment-path.html

6. Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy- This was the first modality I used that I saw significant improvement with my condition. Had I not had the parasite lurking in the background I could've easily seen this being a big piece to putting me into remission. It's extremely expensive, but if you have the financial means to pursue an option like this I would highly suggest it! Look for a center near you with a chamber and for an LLMD that is familiar with this option if you're not having success with your current treatments and would like ot give this a try.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spinning122
Member # 42223

Thank you so much for sharing this Haley 🙏🏻 We will find a way out ❤️
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peimomma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph,

Is mHBOT or ozone contra indicated for people with genetic oxidation issues? How does one find out if they have this issue if so?

Posts: 233 | From AZ | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Peimomma...

Do you mean people who have low antioxidant levels/activity due to genetics and who have difficulty detoxifying?

me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a chamber recently and have already seen improvements in my energy level!!!!! Thanks for your help, Phoiph. You rock!!

--------------------
Just sharing my experiences, opinions, and what I've read and learned. Not medical advice.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

You're very welcome, me...keep us posted on your progress...mHBOT rocks!
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Phoiph,

I'm not sure. It was a blanket statement posted in a FB group about oxygen therapy they had heard from a doctor and a person that had a bad experience. I tried to get more information but they became agitated and began to attack me so I will just let the ignorant be.

I read an interesting article on Dr Harch site and decided this individual is speaking about something they know nothing of except second hand info. Unfortunately it may keep people from a very good therapy.

I give you props for sticking with educating people👍

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear, me. How long have you been using the chamber?
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Only about a month!

--------------------

me
Member # 45475

But I'm also on my 3rd month on IV abx and a year into treatment. But I do think the chamber is helping.

I stayed in too long one day and herxed so bad. With the appropriate time being in the chamber, I now have mild to mild/medium herxes.

Joint and muscle pain and fatigue. I think it holds promise. Dr. J hopes this will take me to the next level towards remission.

--------------------

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Peimomma...

Sorry that happened to you...welcome to my world...LOL...

If they are talking about conditions that are often associated with oxidative stress (e.g., neurodegenerative, etc.), suffered by individuals who typically have low levels of natural antioxidants due to genetics or environmental factors, then they would be talking about the very conditions that mHBOT is known to be most helpful for.

For example: Autism, Parkinsons, MS, Dementia, Stroke, Metabolic disorders, diseases of aging, etc., are all associated with oxidative stress.

In addition, mHBOT has been shown to increase the production of natural antioxidants.

If I come across someone who has reported a truly "negative" experience with hyperbaric...(not at all talking about the people on this site who are still struggling)...IMO, I can usually trace the issue back to how it was used (e.g., they used short term, high pressure for a low-pressure, long term indication, they started too rapidly and experienced reactions, they did too few treatments or were not consistent, they were doing a lot of interfering treatments, etc.)...

Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Phoiph

I recently learned I have a gene mutation that discourages detoxification. COMT I think it was. I was wondering if Mhbot helped with that or not.

Thanks

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Monti...

MTHFR, including COMT, is a complicated, whole body issue tied to many factors, and takes a lot of study and expertise to understand the complexities of the subject. I know of more than a few people that have tried to self-treat MTHFR issues with only a little knowledge and have learned this the hard way!

I certainly don't claim to be an expert in this area. In very general terms, the way I understand it (as it relates to your question only) is that there is a less than optimal regulation of substance removal in the body.

Methylation controls detoxification, and detoxification controls inflammation.

Depending on the particular defect(s), there can be a slow removal of certain substances (including neurotransmitters, hormones, adrenaline, etc.), causing an accumulation and toxicity, or removal that happens too quickly, leaving depletion of certain substances. Each scenario leads to different imbalances and symptom pictures.

The dis-regulation can be caused or made worse not only by genetic predispositions, but by environmental stresses (including infections; especially gut). On the flip side, these pathways can function more efficiently, and symptoms can be greatly reduced or disappear by taking stress of the body and improving general health.

mHBOT helps all systems in the body to work more efficiently, starting by detoxification at the cellular level. It also assists all organs of detoxification. In this way, it helps to reduce the body burdens that are inhibiting to the detox pathways.

mHBOT also assists in healing the epithelial tissue and improving the immune status of the gut, which relieves an enormous stress on the body (IMO, you can't be truly well without a healthy gut).

Inflammation reduction and improved circulation is another huge benefit of mHBOT.

So...the answer is a big "YES"...

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Thanks Phoiph,

I can't wait to have lunch with you😊

It's so frustrating the misinformation that spreads about mHBOT because of heresy.

If people would just read this entire thread and The Oxygen Revolution I believe it would put to rest many of the rumors that continue to be spread throughout the health community.

I had one of the MTHFR genes that inhibits detoxification and I'm doing great.

Okay, I'm off to start my week of moving. See you on the sunny side☀️

Monti
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45718

Thanks Phoiph. I was hoping you would say something like that [Smile]
Phoiph
Member # 41238

I would wager that most of us who have had a severe case of chronic Lyme have some combination of the snps.

Peimomma...how about we pack lunch and I take you on one of my favorite hikes? I'll show you some petroglyphs... :)

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Yes Phoiph that sounds great

I look forward to gleaning more information on the benefits of mHBOT and general health, how many time to dive after my 2 years and laughs.

I'll be in touch when I get settled.

Koco800
Member # 47160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Koco800   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Just thought I'd give an update on my treatment.

I am at 247 hours in my Newtowne chamber w/ concentrator
set at 8.5 Lpm.

Over the past year or so I haven't been in every day, but have been moderately consistent. These days I've been told to try for 3 hrs. per day by my doctor. I'm also on antibiotics. Trying to get back to work.

Progress has been slower than I would have hoped.
I seem to have gained back weight I had lost, and am now
back to what I consider my "normal weight". Not sure
if this has to do with the hyperbaric treatment.
I don't necessarily feel better, but I do sometimes think
the dark circles that were always under my eyes are less noticeable and severe.

I still have neuropathy, sleep issues, and fatigue, which I'd like to improve. I got Lyme in 2004, so I've had this a long time, and have been on various treatments, mostly antibiotics and herbs.

I'm on a high dose of Bactrim in the past month, and had some days last week where I actually felt fairly well, so I'm hopeful I'm headed in the right direction.

Anyway, that's my story so far, in case anyone's interested......

--------------------

Posts: 15 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Can even 20 minutes in the chamber cause a herx? I'm sicker than usual. Wondering if I should lay off for a few days bc I had to call in sick to work today.

--------------------

foxy loxy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 47053

I reacted BADLY after a half an hour first time. I had to really work up slooooowly... It really caused a flare in Babesia style symptoms for me.
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, me. Even 20 minutes can cause a herx reaction. imo.

Koco800, thanks for checking in. I hope that you start seeing some more gains soon.

Posts: 1688 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Thanks KGG. I appreciate it.

--------------------

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Koco800...

I may have some suggestions that will hopefully help you along in your progress. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to connect and talk more about your situation...

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Me...I just emailed you...
Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me...I started with 30 minutes and herxed, 2 years later and I do 90 minute dives with only occasional herxes. My biggest problem now is that I overdo my exercise (6 mile bike ride!) which sets me back for a while.

Please understand, I've been sick since 1974 (yes you read that right) I finally became fully disabled (housebound) in 2000, so it's been a long ride. As you might expect, I spent well over a hundred thousand dollars and tried everything...reasonable and bat sh*t crazy treatments during that time.

Hang in there. The progress with mHBOT can be so slow that you only notice it looking back over large chunks of time.

Posts: 539 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Thank you Phoiph and digby. Digby, are you in remission?

--------------------

me
Member # 45475

Thank you Phoiph and digby. Digby, are you in remission?

--------------------

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

I don't really know! I've been sick for so long that I don't have a baseline for what health feels like. Plus, I have grown old during this so I don't know what it should feel like to be in my sixties.

I still have fatigue, insomnia, some brain fog and muscle and joint pain but the levels of those symptoms are much reduced and other symptoms are gone.

Hope that helps.

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would you remind me what type of mask to buy?

I need to buy some masks. I know that there is a post on it, but have no idea where it is.

Also, how many hours does the concentrator go before it starts to go out?

Thanks

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Haley...

It is called a "Simple Hudson Mask". (NOT a non-rebreather with a bag).

Here is a link:
https://www.amazon.com/Hudson-Medium-Concentration-Oxygen-Tubing/dp/B0015TCVB6/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1477886445&sr=8-1&keywords=hudson+mask

Quality oxygen concentrators can go 10's of thousands of hours. They should be checked yearly just to make sure they are putting out normal 02 and pressure.

Usually, an oxygen supply/repair will do a check for free if you bring the unit to them (call first to make sure they can do it while you wait, so you won't be without your concentrator).

Are you having issues with your concentrator?

Haley
Member # 22008

Thank you Phoiph.
Haley
Member # 22008

Is anyone having tooth pain? I am having excruciating pain in one of my root canal teeth. I have had pain in other teeth as well. While researching I noticed there is an entire specialty called aviation dentistry. Apparently, pressure on the teeth can cause cracks and other issues. I think I'm going to have to have a large molar pulled. Yikes. Any help appreciated.
spinning122
Member # 42223

Omgosh Haley, I just had a dentist visit yesterday and was told I might have a crack in one of my molars.. the same tooth that was giving me excruciating pain a couple months ago... also the same tooth that has a tiny amalgam filling I am going to have taken out early next year....

My experience has been that I get awful migrating nerve pain and pressure moving around teeth gums jaw that becomes excruciating while I'm in the chamber.

...help?

Haley
Member # 22008

OMG Spinning. That is crazy.

Unfortunately, I have about 8 root canals, one of them done for no reason. I was having pain in a filling and the dentist did a root canal.

My entire face hurts. It's also my sinus and my ear. I'm not sure what to do.

So heads up for anyone with fillings or root canals, pay attention to any pain you have.

Spinning - Does your molar have a filling in it?

[ 11-02-2016, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Haley ]

Haley
Member # 22008

Here is a link about teeth and diving for anyone interested:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1834-7819.2011.01340.x/full

spinning122
Member # 42223

Yes Haley, the molar (that might have a crack in it) has a small amalgam filling in it from about 20yrs ago :-(

Thanks for the link above. Ugh this dental and parasite situation is driving me up the wall. I honestly think I would be healed by now if it weren't for these issues...

Phoiph... I would love to talk to you on the phone whenever you are free!

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haley, I would encourage you to be in contact with your dentist about your face, sinus and ear pain. I look at pain as a warning sign. Please heed it.

I actually have a tooth right now that probably will end up with a root canal. But it seems that diving is keeping it calm at this point.

I have a lot of cracked teeth, especially molars. But I grind and clench my teeth. Have for years. And it was years before anyone suggested a mouth/teeth guard. So I did quite a bit of damage before I started using one.

Thank you for posting the dental article. The article does not indicate the depth of the diving that was being studied. But I bet it is deeper than our 9 feet below the surface that mHBO represents. So I am not sure it is applicable or not. It will be interesting to hear Phoiph's opinion on it.

Posts: 1688 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Phoiph,Peimomma, Haley and all Mhbot warriors! It is so good to continue to see so much progress made here! Forgive me as my work life as a college consultant went nuts after I finally got over a 4 plus week virus that had me very congested- my chamber has been waiting on me and I've decided it's time- things are beginning to calm down. My rife has kept things doable; however, not to a place where I am happy being- but thankfully, doable! I want to profoundly thank you all for your help- Phoiph and Peimomma especially! You both are angels on this earth! I will be in touch soon Phoiph to get started [Smile] . Thank you so much for bearing with me! Hugs!
Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jolley
Member # 46454

Spinning, glad things are leveling out for you and getting back on the right track. Does the mepron continue to be helping?Thanks for sharing Koco800.

Yay Peimomma and Digby, glad you two are doing so well.

Haley, thanks for sharing the article about teeth. I also have tooth pain that comes and goes in a molar with a large filling in it. Was surprised to see that article, but makes sense and good info to have.

Excited to see you here Me and willbeatthis!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Haley and I spoke, and she is going to have her pain evaluated by a biological dentist. It will be good to know the results.

The only cautionary information I have ever come across about dental issues and hyperbaric, is that it is a good idea to wait 24 hours after restoration work before diving in the rare instance that any air is trapped under a filling.

The report cited above does mention issues reported by scuba divers at depths of 33-80 feet (which equals 1.97 - 3.36 ATA; we dive at approximately 11 feet, or 1.3 ATA) , and experiments in vitro on crowns, etc. at 3 ATM (which equals 4 ATA; and we dive at 1.3 ATA). So, there is quite a difference there in terms of depth and pressure.

Unfortunately, chronic illness, especially when it involves nutritional deficiencies and acidity (due to malabsorption, etc.),can generally weaken teeth, as the body will pull minerals from the teeth and bones to maintain homeostasis in the blood, etc.

Maybe this, plus other factors (e.g., quality & age of previous restorations, etc.) makes certain people more vulnerable...I don't think this has been researched.

As usual, we're pioneers in this...so Haley...please give us an update when you can...

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willbeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Haley and all: When I was in Germany doing aggressive photon treatment- I had terrible molar pain to the point where after treatment I was up all night and went to a German dentist that couldn't find anything wrong. I then got back to clinic to tell my doc and he had me direct photons to that area and said something to the effect of Lyme liking teeth and the jaw. His thought was die off. It did resolve. I thought I'd add this in the event it may help someone. I think the advice from Phoiph is the way to go - covering bases. Looking forward to joining you all! Hang in there Haley!

Me- are you one of Dr. J in DCs patients- he was my first Lyme doc. I'm glad to hear he supports mhbot! Hope you are feeling better!

Peimomma- I pray your move is going great! Look forward to your being all settled in your new sunny home! Hugs!

Posts: 859 | From Southeast | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Spinning- have you tried a zapper or rife for parasites- Haley too? That's something photons didn't do either and I use a zapper every day as well as hit them with rife when they show up via zyto scan. Trust me, if I wasn't doing pretty darn well, I would not subject myself to these other means- daily for the most part! Feel free to message me if I can answer questions. No doubt there are many pieces... thank you all- especially Phioph for the knowledge and support given and shared here. Hugs!
lymedad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8074

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't read through this entire thread, so someone may have already made this suggestion concerning Hyperbaric Chamber treatment; I highly recommend the HBO clinic in Chico, California (assuming it's still active).
Posts: 681 | From California | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Welcome, lymedad...

Thanks...good to know.

Most of us here are using home chambers, as it is much more cost effective in the long run for daily, long term treatment

That said, some people do elect to do a number of sessions in a clinic initially to make sure they can tolerate the treatment before investing in a home chamber...so good to have an endorsement.

spinning122
Member # 42223

Thanks Jolley! I'm actually not doing Mepron, I took it years ago and it didn't help. I was taking some Crypto for a few months but my Babesia is no longer bothering me atm so I am not on any herbs or abx. Just oxidative therapies and binders (which help a lot!!!!) while I plan my next move...

Willbeatthis, thanks for the input [Smile] I have not tried a zapper but I read somewhere that it only agitates the parasites... I do have a violet ray now that I want to test out, after I get my amalgam filling out...

I do think the teeth and jaw facial skull pain business has to do with toxins and/or die off. I can control it as long as I swish with binders as weird as that sounds...

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

I wanted to share an article I came across today. It lists the top 10 songs that a study found to reduce anxiety up to 65%.

The author also created a free 50 minute playlist that can be downloaded.

If you are able to listen to music (I couldn't), I thought this might be a good arrangement to play while in the chamber...

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1DUBii/:1CeUWdu@C:U-HhBcOA/www.inc.com/melanie-curtin/neuroscience-says-listening-to-this-one-song-reduces-anxiety-by-up-to-65-percent.html

willbeatthis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31111

Thanks, Phoiph! I hope you and all of the MHBOT warriors had a great Thanksgiving! I think this playlist will be very helpful. Looking forward to connecting Phoiph when it works for you!

Spinning-I have had great success with a zapper for parasites. I work with someone that scans me and so far, so good. I've come a long way and it seems all of the modalities I've used have helped. I'm just hoping beyond hope- mhbot will be the most helpful piece and I can get back to living fully! Peimomma- I hope your move has gone well! And Jolley- I hope your doc is figuring out if there is a heavy metals piece. Haley- I hope your tooth pain has resolved as I know that has to be very disconcerting. Hugs to all!

Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Greetings mHBOTers

I arrived in AZ 31 Oct and have been a very busy bee to include interviewing for a job. We drove in a Penske 26ft truck for 3 days and then began a week long unpacking and decorating party at the new house. I survived it all with no issues.

Now for the great news

********I'm going back to work********

Yes, I got offered a job last Wednesday and should be starting in the next 2 weeks after sorting out all the paperwork. It's a GOV job so there is lots of paperwork:)

Completed 693 dives to date.

Will make a video in the next week with my updates and still on track to do labs this spring with my doctor in WA and report back.

I did get my labs tested for hormones a few weeks ago and was very very very low on testosterone, about half of what I should be for B12 and Vit D3 and slightly low for estrogen and progesterone. I decided to go with the BHRT testosterone pellet and it has definitely made a difference in the moods. I'm rechecking those levels in 2 weeks to see where they all stand and make adjustments.

Life is Great!!

I love you Phoiph and mHBOT:)

Jolley
Member # 46454

Yay Peimomma, that is so wonderful! New house, new job, wow, you burst through the other side of this thing. So happy for you.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Awwww...BIG congratulations, Peimomma...SO very happy for you!!!

Also, many thanks for contributing to "the cause" by sharing all your videos and lab results with us...it is such valuable information.

kgg
Member # 5867

Congratulations, Peimomma! Great things are going on. You give us all hope. Thank you
mofarmerswife
Member # 48102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mofarmerswife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, all -

It has been quite some time since I last posted here, but Phoiph asked if I would share the update for my husband, Mofarmer.

Mofarmer has been ill with tick disease for 12-14 years - but has really gone downhill healthwise in the last 3 years.

He was finally diagnosed with Masters disease (the Midwest equivalent of Lyme) in September 2015. After rounds of antibiotics (with very little gain), we decided to go the mild hyperbaric route, with coaching from Phoiph.

Mofarmer has now completed 138 dives (on his way to 730 - the total for 2 solid years of diving), and is definitely making progress.

One encouraging sign - the slow but steady return of his personality. Mofarmer was an energetic, full of life, quick to laugh person before the tick disease robbed him of his ability to think and interact well with others. Over the years, he drifted into "yes" and "no" as his primary conversation, as he was self-conscious about slurring his words, or trying to talk through the brain fog (with no success).

This year, for the first in several, he is excited and pleased about Christmas, participating in Christmas activities and thinking about/buying gifts. As his caregiver, I feel like I'm having my Christmas right now just seeing him come back to life and to me.

We give the hyperbaric chamber all the credit - and it is truly creating results! At a recent doctor visit, we were astonished when his red blood count, white blood count and platelets all came back in the NORMAL range! Literally, it has been years since that last occurred - he is definitely healing internally.

Phoiph asked me to share this good news with you - because I read this forum every day, and search for things that cheer me up on bad days, and encourage us to continue on the long path. There is hope, and there can be progress.

Mofarmer and I wish you all the very best for Christmas, and the hope of "BETTER!" for us all for 2017!

Mofarmerswife

Posts: 3 | From Missouri | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peimomma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45177

Congratulations Mofarmer for your re-entry into life again. Isn't it wonderful.

So happy for both of you. mHBOT has given me back my life and I know it will for others if they commit to Phoip's treatment plan.

I start full time work on January 9th, my first job in 4 years.

Merry Christmas

What a wonderful gift to have your husband coming back to life💚

This topic comprises 59 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  57  58  59   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement