LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » The Microscopy Thread (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: The Microscopy Thread
Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We think that the one we see in our blood is an L-form (CWD, cell wall deficient forms), but you cannot really tell them apart from the regular spiros, that is not until you look at them with an electron microscope & to observe the lack of the cell wall.

There has been a recent study showing us that the forms are not CWD, but I think that it may be incomplete since other past studies have shown otherwise. It might be a matter of achieving proper conditions to produce an L-form. The forms that we see in our blood are ATYPICAL, as they do not look like the regular strong spiraling wave forms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18F1xKvGeH8

Above is another beautiful video of the atypical spirochete that we see in our blood & after some time it forms cysts. There are two of them in fact.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another video where a few spiros turn into cyst. Sometimes the body turns into cyst, but the tip remains either bleb or independent cyst...hard to tell for sure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HVwFqGpTnY&feature=youtu.be
Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Another great cysting video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HUtKungjvE

And another.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVf39rSop48&feature=youtu.be

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thatdudefromkansas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might have some interesting information to report in the next two months that you guys might be excited about.

Not gonna say now, as I am awaiting more information, but we will see.

Also, BSK-H culture is going to happen! Awaiting rabbit serum, coming in next month, and I will begin my work.

Posts: 163 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I am always excited on new info/news/knowledge on this thing & hopefully we can all push things forward & eventually be cured!

Two VERY important videos here. This one is a beautiful cyst formation in Lyme Disease blood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nK9VuG-ZnU

I cannot believe we missed this one, as it shows atypical spirochete to -->"Tennis Racket" (TR) --> to Discoid Gemma (DG) transformation. This one is so precious since it clearly demonstrates to us that the tennis racket form is simply a transitional form from one morphology to another & not a stationary morphology onto itself. It also shows that the DG is simply another form of a cyst & that the end form is likely dependent on the adult atypical spirochete shape & size.

Tennis racket forms have been reported in WILD TYPE Borrelia burgdorferi directly from ticks & cultures, so if/when we make the connection of this transition & especially when TR is involved, then this makes the visual connection in human blood HUGE & SUBSTANTIAL and will add to the mounting evidence that we are looking at a spirochete & not a mere artifact in our blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg_Id74a_4I

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thatdudefromkansas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. That change in morphology change in that video was amazing!

The first video posted in the previous post.

Posts: 163 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

Hey, all!

If you could message me your current locations, that would be awesome.

I might be interest in culture samples in the future. Only if it is feasible based on location initially, but we may be able to work out something more long term!

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

https://youtu.be/fJBBHZSCdb8

Video I edited together.
Watch in 1080p.

bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude ,Very cool video ...have you identified any coinfections?...if you need some sw samples let me know...also have you done any expermentation with other killing modalities other than abx?

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

Only what I was diagnose with.

Babesiosis and a borderline, though negative, Chlamydia pn.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Great video, thanks for posting.

With a MS diagnosis, how many other symptoms are present that scream Lyme Disease?

Have you checked "normal" blood as a control to see if you can observe the same spirochetes? I have not been able to find any in normal blood, but I have heard at least 2 other people say that they have been able to. I wonder if then it is true that many people have these spirochetes, but no symptoms?

I also have a report that someone working in a lab with Borrelia had the entire lab workers tested for PCR/DNA Bb & 75% of them tested positive.

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

For symptoms, it is hard to say.

I mean, I'd venture to say that any "MS" symptom I would have, would also be a symptom of a neurological infection.
Hence the need to rule out this infection before the MS diagnosis is made.

So it is hard to say.

Current symptoms, really, are only fatigue, chronic pain in arm and leg, tinnitus, and in rare instances, paresthesia.
On top of that, any physical activity also results in a buzzing sensation in my arm and leg that often accompanies the pain.

Similar symptoms to a plexus neuritis or mononeuritis multiplex.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

My early symptoms too were only constant headaches that grew progressively worst over the years & chronic tiredness.

After a few years, then came the stomach burning.

I think Bb can lodge itself in certain areas & become slow growing cysts & longer spiros, in a sort of stale mate with the body. It patiently waits for immune system opportunities to further take over & can lead to an AIDS-like scenario where it overwhelms & takes over the entire body.

I think if it is in the circulatory system, then most people can handle the detox & it does not cause as many symptoms. When it can infest tissues, then that becomes a whole other problem. Since then it can grow into biofilm, cause localized damage & act as a point-source-infection as a pumping house to overwhelm the rest of the body.

bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymed i think youre right ..so if it is in our blood then are we fubar?...have you tested other killersbeside abx ..like antiparasites or venom

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bluelyme,

What do you mean by "fubar?"

Here is a horrible video by Mildred Arbaux that demonstrates how bad the blood can look even after ABX. Notice innumerable ketes, thick ketes, and innumerable round bodies. It's the worst I've ever seen, though my blood has come close:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzcQgLRm3jI

Now, here is her blood only two days later about a day after taking Bactrim, Flagyl, and Plaquenil. It has very many motile granules and still a moderate number of ketes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EtmGRRA-Gg

In the first video, it appears as though the two intracellular ABX (Zith and a tetracycline) were making the RBCs an unfriendly environment (that's perhaps why you see SO MANY hanging onto the outside of the RBCs and in the plasma). But there is not enough spirocheticidal agents in the blood to eliminate or even lower the spirochetal load. Perhaps if she had added IV Rocephin it would have lowered the number of ketes??? Maybe.

Once she stopped the Zith and tetracycline and added Bactrim and Plaquenil I see very few round bodies in her blood.

She is doing great documentation, but her resolution could be a little better. I have a little trouble seeing exactly what those "motile granules" look like. Some of it certainly is the difficulty focusing on specimens at 1000x. That's why I'm more and more seeing the advantage of using 450x with a high resolution camera with zoom.

I now have rudimentary apparatus to do time-lapse. Hopefully I will be able to post some before too long. The last specimen of my own blood saw the conversion from ketes to round bodies over a number of days (to a week). But, it was not until after this that I got my time-lapse software installed, so I was not able to capture the conversion of that particular sample.

I also have footage of healthy blood with spirochetes. I'm more and more convinced it's the presence of coinfections and the strength of the immune system that determines if one becomes ill with Borrelia.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TNT:
Here is a horrible video by Mildred Arbaux that demonstrates how bad the blood can look even after ABX.

I didn't mean that the video was horrible. I meant that the blood condition was horrible.
Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Thanks, fubar is old 90s colloquialism for messed up beyond recognition , great post tnt, just got some plaqunil so you got me thinking. ..its a bummer she only could do a day of the quad therapy...

--------------------
Blue

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

TNT, that person's YouTube post is part of another group & she adds a concoction of things to the blood sample, including acridine orange.

Did you see my experiments on PH buffers? You can add vinegar to water at a certain ration & you will see tons & tons & tons of SoP coming out of RBC's over 36+ hours & days on end. The idea is to make it more acidic & to speed up the acidity & dying of the blood, just like an animal dies in real life. The spiros break up to blebs for maximum dispersion.

-Make 4ml of RODI or Distilled water + .2 - .4 ml of white vinegar (PH = ~2-2.5).
-Add a drop of above solution to the slide.
-Touch that drop with a drop of blood from the fingers.
-Smear the combination on the slide as normal (see my video) & then seal the edges of the cover slip with Vaseline for 40x objective viewing or w/immersion oil for 100x oil.
-Wait 24-36 hrs to see the mass migration. They come out for days on end.

TNT, have you posted the healthy blood with spirochetes & how healthy are they? With absolutely NO symptoms?

TNT
Member # 42349

quote:
Originally posted by Lymedin2010:
TNT, have you posted the healthy blood with spirochetes & how healthy are they? With absolutely NO symptoms?

I have not published any of those videos yet.

The person has absolutely NO SYMPTOMS. Hardly ever gets sick either.

Thanks for the info about the buffers. I really have not needed to use any buffers as I see many spirochetes in my own blood without any problem.

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

https://labtestsonline.org/news/160310lyme/

B. Mayonii.

Second species of bacteria now attributed to Lyme in the United States.

Interesting.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I have seen that & it is actually now the 3rd & counting, along with divergent forms of burgdorferi and just like there is a strain B31 & wild type Bb forms.

So now it is miyamotoi, bissettii, & mayonii.

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=21454

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

Yea, sorry.
Meant the number of "accepted" species infectious in the US "specific to Lyme".

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

I should be able to begin BSK cultures shortly.

I am divided between doing two separate sets, or just one.
(Two incubators, two separate temperature ranges).
As the goal is not to determine optimal growth conditions or anything like that, I don't know if I want to spend the extra time or money doing that.

However, it would have the potential of increasing the efficacy of my study, as it would allow for a greater likelihood of culture success.

And, as of right now, I'll only be culturing blood samples. Trying to work out getting CSF samples, as that would be a more telling finding if anything actually grows in the medium.

katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrinab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been reading this thread for awhile and it peaked my interest because I am currently taking human anatomy and physiology at college and have learned to use a microscope. I am not sure if the microscopes available at my school are ideal. I am not sure the magnification available but when I find out what type of microscopes are available I will post here and let you know. I am guessing what they have wont have dark field or phase contrast but I could be wrong. I have a few questions.

What is the purpose of using chocolate agar? Can someone explain how to use it?

I was reading how to use the Giemsa stain and read that you need to purchase two separate ingredients to create a buffering solution, then mix it with the Giemsa to create a ph balanced solution for staining babesia. I couldn't find the ingredients on eBay so was wondering if I could make a 1:10 dilution of Giemsa first myself then add an acid or base to the solution to adjust the ph. I'm not sure what I would buy but I think there are ph adjusters on eBay for use with plants.

It was mentioned about Eva sapis research on Lyme with stevia. I was wondering if we are able to find spirochetes in our blood, are we then able to add things to the slides that we think may kill the spirochetes and see how they react? Like add a drop of stevia, or turn on our rife machine at a set frequency near the slide and see if the spirochetes explode. Or does it not work like that? It would be very cool if it did. At the very least I think this is a helpful tool in monitoring how our treatments are helping us right? For example, if we are planning on starting a new treatment we could look at our blood before starting the treatment making note of how many spirochetes we find and then doing the same while on the treatment.

Posts: 723 | From boston,ma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

The choc or soy agar was for Bartonella growth, which would take days to cultivate.

Absolute or pure ETHANOL is what is used as a fixative agent. Instructions here.
http://www.med-chem.com/pages/lab_procedures/pdf/giemsa_blood_stain.pdf

I have tried stevia in a ph lowered solution to erupt some rbc's & I will be making a video of it eventually.

That video looks interesting. Seems like a rbc w/ruptured wbc & even some string of pearls. There was a new study that showed that it is possible to get string of pearls from wbc's as a normal occurrence (paper was linked here before) & it is hard to know what to believe. It has become to believe research nowadays & I would have to know the researchers and their intent It is something to keep in mind.

I have not seen any independent spiros w/ bulbous tips on both end in your video & I would hunt for those in case the wbc producing SoP objects are possible & true.

katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrinab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So can anyone answer my question about how to make a ph buffered solution for babesia with the Giemsa stain? I can purchase Giemsa but I was wondering if I can use ph adjusters to adjust ph
Posts: 723 | From boston,ma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

There is something that I've noticed that I want to share to see if anyone else has noticed it.

What I've noticed in the week-long samples is that when on ABX the ketes eventually turn to "round-bodies." These are almost perfectly round objects varying between 1-3 microns in diameter. These round objects have almost no perceptible movement.

An example of these is Mildred Arbaux's video after a year of ABX:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzcQgLRm3jI

Maybe it's just the sample environment (amount of fluid etc.), but, unlike some of Mildred's, I have not seen my round bodies move or jiggle.

But, I am noticing that when off ABX, the ketes eventually turn to "granules." The granules are typically ever so slightly bigger than the round bodies and have an appearance somewhat resembling salt crystals. The best I can describe them is that they look like tiny "gob-stoppers" from the movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. And they very noticeably vibrate (which could simply be from Brownian Motion since these granules are more angular and would tend to "catch" free atoms fairly easily).

So, what I'm noticing is that ABX cause the conversion of ketes to round bodies.

But, without the presence of ABX in the blood, the ketes convert to granules.

Anyone else happen to notice this phenomena?

Hopefully I can get some personal videos and time-lapse posted to illustrate this.

In addition to the granule vs. round body phenomena, I have also noticed that when on ABX (particularly intra-cellular ABX), there are many ketes visible in the blood. But, when off ABX, I typically see very few ketes. This makes me believe that intracellular ABX in particular tend to do their job of getting the ketes out of the cells fairly well. Or, perhaps, as in the case with Azithromycin which has extremely good tissue penetration, we are pushing them out of their tissue niches and into the blood.

Either way, if this is the case, the objective therefore should be to have on board a very potent spirochetal-cidal agent....whatever that is. It seems like Rocephin would do the job in this case, but results with Rocephin have been contradictory in the cases I've heard about. Perhaps that was because of the conversion to l-forms without enough CWD ABX on board....

Sorry for the rambling here at the end.

[ 03-24-2016, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: TNT ]

TNT
Member # 42349

quote:
The best I can describe them is that they look like tiny "gob-stoppers" from the movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

I think they were called "Ever-lasting Gob-Stoppers." [lol]
TNT
Member # 42349

quote:
Originally posted by apsara:
This is from finger pricked blood of someone on doxy for two months. No "traditional" forms seen.

https://youtu.be/0xl8GJPyu8c

Any thoughts about what this is showing?

apsara, I gave my remarks just a little bit ago in the thread you started called "spirochetes?"

I just wanted to bring this up here on the microscopy thread about your other video that appears to show a great example of rod bacteria in the blood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgLbrXTFOtg

As I mentioned in your thread, this infection needs to be addressed. Without knowing more about the health of the person whose blood this is, I would say this is the real reason they are sick. I have never seen this (the chains of rods) in any blood I have looked at (only the fairly rare isolated individual rod) and I think this could be showing sepsis. It really needs addressed!

Great capture. Great example. I just hope this person gets adequately treated!

Please share more about this person's health and history... anonymously of course... because this looks serious.

TNT
Member # 42349

apsara....?
TNT
Member # 42349

Hi apsara, thanks for the replies!

Yeah, I fully understand it's not legit in the eyes of the establishment if it doesn't come from a certified lab.

That's good to know that the bacteria are not showing up in repeated specimens. It IS hard to know sometimes. I still think that the presence of those bacteria is extremely noteworthy, especially since it was a wet-mount specimen. There are not many avenues of contamination with a wet-mount preparation as long as the slide/coverslip and fingertips are clean.

Are you new to microscopy? What kind of equipment are you using?

TNT
Member # 42349

Hey, thanks a lot for replying. Leica is a great scope! Do you use a DSLR camera for capture?

That's too bad there is no WBC activity in their sample. I hope they can find the right treatment to get well. A protozoan infection can really drive the killer cell count down. In fact, taking Malarone for Babesia can drive down those counts, too. Those symptoms you mentioned definitely sound like protozoan symptoms.

That's interesting you have some experience with Wright-Giemsa stains. I'm pretty new with them. But, they can be very informative, even diagnostic. Did you see my pics of the Babesia ringforms? That cannot be contamination!

I have some recent pics of an unknown fungal form from my last Wright-Giemsa. I have not been able to positively identify it. Perhaps you can help with it? Any thoughts?

-

-

Keep up the great work, apsara, and please stick around. Your input is valuable.

TNT
Member # 42349

quote:
I have some recent pics of an unknown fungal form from my last Wright-Giemsa. I have not been able to positively identify it. Perhaps you can help with it? Any thoughts?

-

-

It does resemble Toxoplasma gondii tachyzoites, too. Perhaps that is what (they) are. I didn't think it was that because (they) are not crescent-shaped. But, could easily be.
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Have you ever been to Southwest? ...coccidioidomycosis?

--------------------
Blue

TNT
Member # 42349

quote:
Originally posted by bluelyme:
Have you ever been to Southwest? ...coccidioidomycosis?

Hey bluelyme!

Yes, I have been in the SW, but I don't think it's that. For one, I don't have any cutaneous manifestations of this.

I hope you don't have it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I hope you are making some progress out there....keep fighting!

TNT
Member # 42349

quote:
Originally posted by apsara:
TNT - I have seen something similar to that but at the moment it escapes me. If I can remember I will let you know.

Much appreciated!
TNT
Member # 42349

I would be glad for any feedback regarding my last pics if anyone comes across any ideas.

---------------

We know that asymptomatic Babesiosis is becoming a major issue in the U.S., and I thought these old cases represent this all too well:

Babesiosis by transfusion was well established over 15 years ago:

http://www.cdc.gov/dpdx/monthlyCaseStudies/1998/case01.html

http://www.cdc.gov/dpdx/monthlyCaseStudies/1999/case26.html

And, here is a good example of why Babesiosis by blood transfusion is a problem....(when seemingly healthy people donate blood):

http://www.cdc.gov/dpdx/monthlyCaseStudies/2001/case51.html

It says, "Her father was not ill at the time and had not been for several months." It does not say he had previously been diagnosed with Babesia. This could infer that he had had a passing febrile episode that was mistaken for a case of the "flu." This kind of thing happens all the time in my opinion in which a person has a round of what they think is the flu bug, but eventually- even years down the line they begin to have health issues and present with a "disease."

A case like this could easily set a person up to become ill with chronic Borreliosis.

bluelyme
Member # 47170

Protoazoa rhumatica ? Fryguy 1953.....just guessing as i have never seen pics

--------------------
Blue

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

Will post videos shortly.

BSK-H culture almost a week in.
Nothing significant yet, but again, only about a week in at this point.

It will be more telling if any of the cultures produce motile, spiral form spirochetes.

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

https://youtu.be/LIpNWnbYCR0

See above video.

BSK-H Culture, 5 days after inoculating the medium.
Two separate conditions: 94.0F and 100.0 F.

I'll continue to update and create videos of the cultures as things progress.

Also, I included some 400X video in the beginning, though most of it is, and should be, in 1000x.

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

See next video
https://youtu.be/aFa6S8fB2Tk

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

[IMG]  - [/IMG]
thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

[IMG]  - [/IMG]
thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

[IMG]  - [/IMG]
TNT
Member # 42349

EXCELLENT!!! The pics are AWESOME and the videos are too! I think the pics' definition capture the kete's bonafide essence and distinction wonderfully, and are superior to the videos (in my opinion).

Those ketes are textbook....classic. Wow.

Keep up the good work.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Great work!!! When will the PCR testing take place?

A few of us have now been able to grow them too, me included & the spirochetes display deeper spiral forms with ALL OF US who have cultured them.

Good news & more evidence that they are not artifacts & they are spirochetes.

katrinab
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30330

So do you think it's possible to use a microscope to see if certain rife frequencies will kill the spirochete? Or would this be difficult to observe under a dark field microscope?
TNT
Member # 42349

quote:
Originally posted by katrinab:
So do you think it's possible to use a microscope to see if certain rife frequencies will kill the spirochete? Or would this be difficult to observe under a dark field microscope?

Absolutely possible!! In fact, that is exactly how Doug MacLean tested the first Doug Device rife machine. He got some borrelia from the CDC and watched under his microscope while he tried different frequencies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQAJjb_DO_g

bluelyme
Member # 47170

Dude from ks, holy smokes that is some great video ..those ketes are just dancing...silly question are the blebs bouncing baby ketes? Why do some labs take 3 weeks to do culture test ..yours are ferocious after a week

--------------------
Blue

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

Blue:

The unfortunate nature of the bacteria creates a few problems when culturing.
They are micro-aerophilic, so you have to do as much as possible to control for oxygen levels in the samples.
The time it takes for growth for the cultures can be quite long. This is due to both the environment the bacteria are growing in, as well as the bacteria themselves.
A goal in my current cultures is to cultivate the classic helical shaped spirochetes. This may take a very long time. Could be 1 month if the sample is prepared properly, could be 6 months. At this point I can't say.

The current culture is setup with BSK-H mixed in cell grade culture water, an antibiotic mixture to prevent Staph Aureus or E Coli or similar bacteria from contaminating the cultures, incubated in vacationers, trying to maintain completely full tubes to eliminate as much O2 as possible from the samples.

I have samples set up with whole blood in BSK.
Erythrocyte layer in BSK.
Plasma in BSK.
Some of them in 100F incubator.
Some of them in 94.0F incubator.

Some I am not touching until a predetermined date to start preparing slides.
Some I use to draw samples from on a weekly basis, to monitor any progress.
Some I simply let sit in the incubator.
Some I invert every couple of days to mix everything up.

I am trying to capture as wide a range of culture methods as possible.

The end goal, for now, is traditional spirochete shape, captured on video.
Beyond that, I have other plans. But I must take these one step at a time.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

***Cyst forming videos directly in our Lyme Diseased human blood:

***Atypical spiro to "Tennis Racket" form & then to Cyst (Discoid Gemma type) directly in HUMAN BLOOD. Tennis racket forms are widely known & seen in Borrelia obtained from ticks & wild grown in culture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg_Id74a_4I

Another precious cyst formation capture that stops mid way at the "Tennis Racket" form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH3fGVndMYo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HUtKungjvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nK9VuG-ZnU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gcuqfk97TA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVf39rSop48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HVwFqGpTnY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsJ5Zit6q0U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18F1xKvGeH8

Partial cyst forming video, from "Tennis Racket" to cyst morphology:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUsVAd4n_1c

[ 04-23-2016, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: Lymedin2010 ]

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dental Spirochetes and Biofilm---KILLED with laser therapy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GboQ3Y7h0eQ

Nice video work. The baking soda brushing had caused motile spirochetes to disappear short term---but they came back after she discontinued the baking soda.

Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 weeks post laser op--- only one sluggish spirochete seen, when before treatment, there were dozens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s35YlTxFDU

It does seem as though biofilm plays a major role in harboring dental spirochetes-- once the laser treatment had eradicated the biofilm in her gums(alongside the teeth), her mouth was almost perfectly clear of dental spirochetes two weeks later.

Of course this is much more difficult for Lyme patients-- since spirochetes are inside our red blood cells.

Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Here is what is in my mouth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeRsUR-TWD0

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlns0JgaEb0

Time Lapse 15s intervals for 14hrs of fresh smear & then sped up 10x.
-400x w/Vaseline slip cover seal + cam zoom. Microwave (13s high), UV light (20 min) & heat exposed sample (20s) to speed up degradation.

Caution must be observed when trying to identify spirochetes in the blood, as other objects can easily be mistaken as spirochetes.

Red Blood Cells (RBC's) are biconcave in shape & when viewed on their side, they can be mistaken as small, stubby, string-like, & with bulbous tips. Some even appear as tennis rackets when stretched on one side.

Picture a coin standing on its side or a thicker rubber band folded onto itself. The rubber band will produce bulbous tips as the two opposite ends meet flatter in the center & naturally bulge out at the ends. Similar shapes can be seen when the bi-lipid layer of a rbc folds onto itself further to produce a narrow center & bulbed tips on it standing up.

These false spirochetes are:
-Usually stubby & thicker than a real spirochete.
-Usually very stiff & moves uniformly with no wave motion.

You can follow this video from scratch many times over & pick a new focal point to see what ultimately happens to the object in question. You might make a new discovery that I have not noticed with my bad Lyme eyes.

So now we have 3x objects in the blood that can be mistaken as spirochetes.

1) RBC's that are positioned on their ends standing up toward the observer (this video).

2) Footings & protrusions formed from moving White Blood Cells.

3) Fibrin strands that are stand-alone & that have not attached to other fibrin strands or blood components.

Examples of item #2 & #3 can be seen in this next video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FlpCs0MiS8

Now for the contrast of the ideal spirochete in my blood in this next video.
-It has bulbous tips.
-It moves, spirals, or produces waves with some aggression.
-I see many of these to avoid mistaking any chance occurrences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCfItVSReeM

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

quote:
Here is what is in my mouth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeRsUR-TWD0

Wow-- nice video!

Lots of weird rod thingies in your mouth that don't look like oral or borrelia spirochetes. Did you scrape at the gumline to get the biofilm colonies at the gumline?

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Oh sorry--- I see that you did scrape the sulcus (in the video info box.) I wonder what the rods are?

I really need to get a microscope soon-- I want to see if 2 grams a day of NEEM has any effect on my blood. I also want to to look at the effect of Manuka honey, plus foods with high saponin content. I'm just afraid Ill spend a lot and get a crappy scope since I dont know much about them..

packypacky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 41758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for packypacky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is very interesting. I have not read all the posts yet, just a few quick questions first:
1. Are those photos and claims on Lymephotos.com true or false?
2. How long does it take for the bacteria to change from one form to another? (time frame to rotate abx??)

Posts: 101 | From nowhere | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I purposely slacked on brushing to be able to take that sample. Before I slacked off & brushed with baking soda, I could not find a single organism. I don't know what these are exactly, and when I asked an experienced dentist who does microscopy what these are, he just called them plaques with rods. There are so many oral flora we don't know about.

It takes seconds for them to go from spiro to cyst. It can take hours to go to SOP form & all depends the solution they are in.

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

The interesting thing about that video, though, is that I wouldn't consider those to be bacilli.

They look much too large for that. I mean their length in respect to width. What resolution was that?

I'd be interested to look at that under dark field.

I might take a swab myself to throw on the microscope.
Might even though a sample or two in BSK. Just something for fun.

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

https://youtu.be/dH3fGVndMYo

Short video.
Morphology change, in real time.

As always, watch in HD 1080.

TNT
Member # 42349

AWESOME JOB! That's the clearest video I've seen yet that shows the conversion to cystic form. A great example of how quick they can change.

dude, are you still using your Amscope? If you are, I'd say your captures are pretty good even with that.

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

Yes, I am still using my cheap Amscope T-490 Darkfield.
I purchased the 100x oil dark field lens, which is what you are seeing there.
No doubt that if had purchased a more expensive one, the image would be at least a little sharper.

Unfortunately, filming the change was affected by the aberration from the RBC's it was in between, so that little extra light coming off those cells blocked what would have otherwise been a perfect opportunity to film it.

You kind of miss the exact moment the change occurs because of this. I really wanted to see exactly HOW it went about the change, but that light obscured it.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Great video & I had missed that one. I will add it to the collection.

When you take the mouth sample, just scrape off some tartar between your gums & teeth. Take the sample from your back molars, as it is more moist there & then spread it back & forth on the center of the slide. Place the cover slip & then add Vaseline to the edges to avoid quick dehydration if you plan on looking at it at lengths.

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Question for Lymedin2010--

if I purchase a good used TRINOCULAR microscope, can I purchase an additional "Phase Contrast" lens later-- or does the scope itself have to be constructed initially for phase contrast use?

I just want the option of purchasing a phase contrast lens--- if Im finding that the regular compound with darkfield is not giving me good video quality.

It looks as though Phase Contrast provides the brightest and best images.

The Amscopes available on Amazon seem to be a pretty good deal for the money.

WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

quote:
Originally posted by thatdudefromkansas:
https://youtu.be/dH3fGVndMYo

Short video.
Morphology change, in real time.

As always, watch in HD 1080.

Yes-- excellent, DudeKansas-- you can see the classic "loop" beginning to form in the middle of the spirochete..probably a precursor to the cyst-- although I have seen vids where the cyst forms very rapidly with no loop and you can see the spirochete inside its protective cyst, gyrating ---and even propelling the cyst.

The dangerous thing about cysts is that when they hatch later (under more favorable conditions) there can be up to 12 baby spirochetes inside.!!! [Frown] [Frown] This is why doxycycline is potentially harmful --- doxy promotes the conversion of live spirochetes into cysts, as per Sapi's research. A person should probably always be taking Flagyl (cyst killer) while they are on doxycycline or Amox-- as per Burrascano's protocol. It takes cysts 18 months to die (become unviable) on their own, as per Brorsons' research.

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

quote:
Originally posted by WakeUp:
Question for Lymedin2010--

if I purchase a good used TRINOCULAR microscope, can I purchase an additional "Phase Contrast" lens later-- or does the scope itself have to be constructed initially for phase contrast use?

I just want the option of purchasing a phase contrast lens--- if Im finding that the regular compound with darkfield is not giving me good video quality.

It looks as though Phase Contrast provides the brightest and best images.

The Amscopes available on Amazon seem to be a pretty good deal for the money.

Look up the microscope and see if there are any additional components you can add. For some microscopes, you can buy kits to convert them to phase contrast.

Make sure the microscope you are looking at is convertible. Go to the manufacturers site and look up the specs for the specific model.

It is possible, just not for every microscope.

But yes, you can buy it and convert it to a phase contrast microscope if there is a kit available.

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

Lymedin,

I'll have to look and see if I still have some old photos.

I recorded video of fibrin strands that were visible on the slide with the intention of using it to show what they look like.

They are easily differentiated from a spirochete if you know what you are looking at.

I'll see if I still have that footage saved somewhere.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Phase depends on scope & just see if phase exists with the particular model in question. The condensor & objective lenses are always tied to the phase viewing for maximum visuals. Many scopes can be converted though.

This is my other video showing fibrin clearly with the same setup & only difference being LED vs CFS bulb replacement. A big difference in how the camera system interprets the lighting & what is revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FlpCs0MiS8

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

FYI, I use my Reichert over my Zeiss now only for one reason. The fact that the lighting system uses mirrors that reflect light from the back of the scope. In this way I am able to use a LED light, which produces even bigger unfavorable visuals, and the end result is less heat & ability to do time lapse without any major focus creep issues. The condenser on the Reichert is an Abbie & it is really inferior and tends to produce slight blurry/distorted visuals.

My Zeiss is VERY sharp because of condenser & Zeiss optics, but I forego the sharpness for the time lapse benefits. Another benefit is that I can run the LED light in the back of my Reichert with very little light spilling into the room & disturbing all night time lapse.

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

Lymedin,

I also use a high lumen LED for my microscope.
I bought an LED headlamp for about 30 dollars, I can't remember the what the lumen rating was. Maybe 600? But there is a stark difference between what is visible with that light, and what is visible with a comparable level of illumination from a standard CFL bulb or any other standard bulb.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Yes, most definitely by the human eye. However the camera has a very difficult time picking up LED light, at least the crappy USB interpretation software does.

CFL interprets much more natural & better with my Amscope USB cam. You can see the difference of the 2 light source in the video I last posted, even with my bad combo of glass on the Reichert there is a huge differnce in detail.

thatdudefromkansas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46768

Yea, I might attempt a higher lumen bulb in the near future.

My headlamp goes through AAA batteries like the cookie monster does with cookies. Batteries are expensive.

But I did notice, with darkfield, that the LED light, at the same lumens as a regular bulb, provided much better results both to the eye and with my DSLR.

Which bulb do you use currently?

TNT
Member # 42349

quote:
FYI, I use my Reichert over my Zeiss now only for one reason. The fact that the lighting system uses mirrors that reflect light from the back of the scope. In this way I am able to use a LED light, which produces even bigger unfavorable visuals, and the end result is less heat & ability to do time lapse without any major focus creep issues. The condenser on the Reichert is an Abbie & it is really inferior and tends to produce slight blurry/distorted visuals.

My Zeiss is VERY sharp because of condenser & Zeiss optics, but I forego the sharpness for the time lapse benefits. Another benefit is that I can run the LED light in the back of my Reichert with very little light spilling into the room & disturbing all night time lapse.

Shhhh.... you're making me jealous for a research grade scope. [Smile]
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

This bulb produces perfect light & interpretation by my USB camera. I show the bulb at time 3:20.
https://youtu.be/7FlpCs0MiS8?t=201

Time 12:24 for the Cree LED bulb, with much less heat & great for time lapse.
https://youtu.be/kFQom3ssd38?t=744

Don't forget if you buy a used microscope expect to sell it back when you want at the same or similar price. So really you are renting it for months on end & can sell it if you are pressed for monies.

PS I am looking forward to see what you guys are finding in your mouths. I checked my sperm & nose in the past & nothing significant. Next time I will be checking a wound or a sample from thin skin areas that are red & inflammed.

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement